CPAC Interview: Scott Wheeler

posted at 7:05 pm on February 26, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

When the McCain campaign refused to talk about Jeremiah Wright and his incendiary sermons, the National Republican Trust PAC cut commercials about him instead. Scott Wheeler took a lot of criticism for it, and he talks about that and more in our interview. Scott also has a pretty good sense of humor, especially when I note that he refers to his organization as a “creeping menace” … to Democrats:

Comments

Wow! I love Scott Wheeler’s resume’ I wonder what Hillary gave the Chi-Coms to keep buying our debt. Was it our newest and best missle technolgy? After all Bill was there scooping up money for his fund. Those two need to be indicted.

BetseyRoss on February 26, 2009 at 8:04 PM

that SM58 is gettin alot of work Ed!

Yngmarine on February 26, 2009 at 9:06 PM

“…it’s a guns district. It’s a values district.”

HAHA priceless!

Constantine on February 26, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Thanks for doing this great interview, Ed! I’d just mailed in my RNC non-renewal of membership, taking them to task for the Congressional GOP’s inexcusable adding on of pork and earmarks to Obama’s outrageously porked up budget bill, and refusing to renew my membership nationally until they got their act together.

Your suggestion of donating instead to the National Republican Trust PAC was an excellent suggestion, and after perusing their website I have to agree. They do seem to be one of the true ‘conservative’ wings of the GOP, and worth supporting.

KendraWilder on February 26, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Lot’s of interviews. Nice.

When you are back and have had time to decompress, I hope you can give us an assessment of over-all event–specifically in regards to:

1. Did the participants think the Conservative movement need to re-direct or re-root itself?

2. How much importance is given to RINO’s

3. Is there direction, a plan, a stance, a set of beliefs or principles that will guide the organized part of the Conservative party (as opposed to all of us solo-net-warriors out here). Or will the current trend of snarkiness continue.

As much as I hate the historical trapping of a “purge” I would like to see Conservatives focus on what matters instead of the snarky personalities that increasingly take to the airwaves.

Montana on February 26, 2009 at 10:01 PM