The obligatory “Helen Thomas makes nasty crack about Jindal?” post

posted at 1:48 pm on February 25, 2009 by Allahpundit

Worth linking since the story’s already out there and it comes from a reporter at a major paper who seems to have witnessed it herself. Even so, especially after TV Newser and HuffPo uncritically posted the John Gibson “bright blue scrotum” smear, I’m erring on the side of out-of-context until there’s a full write-up.

Could be that the two comments were wholly unrelated, e.g., “What’d you think of Jindal?” and “What’d you think of the Oscars?” As, ahem, “opinionated” as St. Helen is, she’s not so stupid as to barf something like this up in public, especially with cameras rolling — I think. Exercise caution. Exit question: Come now, we’re talking about a woman here who was “born a liberal.” How could she possibly be racist?

Update: An update from Christina Bellantoni. Verdict: Case tossed out due to lack of evidence!

Comments

Gawd. At first glance at the picture accompanying this thread, I thought I was looking at a picture of the late Marty Feldman.

I’m so startled…

Corky on February 25, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I thought that I had passed a mirror and my hair had grown long.

Johan Klaus on February 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Case tossed out due to lack of evidence!

If it isn’t on film, it didn’t happen.

BacaDog on February 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I just splashed holy water on the monitor. I feel safer now.

Fuquay Steve on February 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Are you sure she didn’t say “And your little dog Toto too”?

Cuz that picture sure is kind of chill inspiring.

scalleywag on February 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Doesn’t anybody get it????? When a liberal makes a racial comment, it’s OK, because they are “friends of all races.” It’s only when the “evil” Republicans make a racial comment that the media explodes!! In fact, ANY negative comment about President Barack Hussein Obama, is considered a racist comment. It’s a WIN WIN situation for democrats.

afotia on February 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I just splashed holy water on the monitor. I feel safer now.

…that the shower of sparks has stopped.

Snowed In on February 25, 2009 at 3:19 PM

What’s with all the Allah crap dump, you people? If you don’t like this website, change the chanel. Go to a different website number or something, just don’t be so nasty. We still have free minds in this country, so let us all enjoy them whilst we still can. I believe this last open registration has allowed infiltration of radical blue scrotums.

bloggless on February 25, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Actually I like AP, a lot, and Hotair. Maybe not as much as Ace, but a lot. What I don’t enjoy is watching them look stupid. Twitter is like finding dog crap in the park as you walk, it might be interesting to look at if you’re very bored but picking it up is always a bad idea. Unless your intention is to clean up.

Rocks on February 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I see it now! It’s Ursula, the Sea Witch from The Little Mermaid.

Wally on February 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Actually, give her a hooded cloak, and we have Darth Sideous.

todler on February 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Rocks on February 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I think he made it very clear that it may be another Gibson type story. It was all over the internet much earlier today, so I find nothing wrong with the way he addressed it. I find it very interesting that you are called Rocks. Might I inquire as to if you are of a bright blue color?

bloggless on February 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM

There is a racist remark for you…..!

DL13 on February 25, 2009 at 3:28 PM

But again, this wasn’t some random person. It was the Washington Times’s political correspondent. She knows credible people are following her feed. She wouldn’t have written something like that unless she thought it was true.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Ya know. Usually I can look at an elderly woman and imagine her as being relatively attractive when she was in her prime. For the life of me I can’t do that with Helen Thomas. That woman would back a hungry hound dog off a meat truck.

sdd on February 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Why would anyone be suprised if this comment was backed off from? For some reason people seem to think Thomas deserves respect – I guess for just outliving many of her enemies.

katiejane on February 25, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Separated at birth twin.

OmahaConservative on February 25, 2009 at 3:38 PM

sdd on February 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Wasn’t all that awful back then.

hawkdriver on February 25, 2009 at 3:39 PM

katiejane on February 25, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I can’t link to what was said from here at work and I was hoping someone would copy/paste what she said. I get the impression from this threads author that he doesn’t actually know but believes there was something to it?

Is there a actually one of these links that proports what was said?

hawkdriver on February 25, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Technically, Helen hasn’t outlived anyone if she’s Undead.

viking01 on February 25, 2009 at 3:46 PM

AP,
Her Twitter doesn’t explicitly link the Jindal pitiful thing and the Slumdog crack. One was right before the other. She doesn’t explicitly say the 2 are linked other than by proximity in time. So she is still correct. She is a reporter for WT alright but she’s also a Twitter junkie as she makes clear herself in an article. Maybe she was just looking for a response to her “tweets” for a change. Or looking to post something interesting for a change. I really don’t know. But I do know Twitter is a joke. It’s basically no different than Instant Messaging which has been around forever and I don’t remember anybody suggesting that should be taken seriously.

Rocks on February 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM

She looks like the witch in Miyazake’s “Spirited Away”

Hieronymus on February 25, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Blogless,
Everyone calls me Rock or Rocky, I have had the nickname since birth almost. I have been doing this stuff since BBSes and that name would usually be taken so I switched to Rocks a long time ago.

Rocks on February 25, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Wasn’t all that awful back then.

hawkdriver on February 25, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Now I’ll have to confess that she could have been a whole lot worse in her prime…but I think it’s also fair to say the years have not been kind.

sdd on February 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Helen should be in “the One’s” cabinet no doubt.

ObamatheMessiah on February 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Helen Thomas looks like she should be the official mascot for Sunsweet Prunes.

pilamaye on February 25, 2009 at 4:15 PM

It appears as the Wicked Witch of the West is a closet racist. Some people (e.g. Sarah Palin) are beautiful on the inside and outside. Others ….

Sorry Helen, Life isn’t always fair.

bw222 on February 25, 2009 at 4:17 PM

sdd on February 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Yeah, I’m not liking her much either for her politics, but I mean, she is “very” old. You have to hand it to her; to have been a reporter for the Spanish-American War and still been around to make commentary about our 1st Black President here in the 21st Century. Amazing!

hawkdriver on February 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Bullshit. She took it back to protect the Liberal Icon.

This is almost as bad as reporting that Barack Obama said something stupid.

daryl_herbert on February 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Could Allahpundit please find a more agreeable picture of Helen to post? This one scared the sh!t outta’ me.

OmahaConservative on February 25, 2009 at 4:21 PM

hawkdriver on February 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Now that’s funny! Thanks for the laugh.

sdd on February 25, 2009 at 4:23 PM

bloggless on February 25, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Dude, I just ate.

Snowed In on February 25, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Is that image her Madame Tussauds wax figure, in living form?

She looks horrible.

FireBlogger on February 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Allah-it’s true. Your headline is very realistic.
Helen Thomas has a nasty crack.

Badger40 on February 25, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Um, uh, first thing is how would you know she/it/the hag has a nasty crack…wait, strike that I don’t want to know how you know! I’m already going to have night-terrors again tonight after having seen this ogres mug twice this week, finding out how you know she has a nasty crack will just send me to hide under my bed in the fetal position scratching my eyes out just from the mere imagery!

Liberty or Death on February 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM

bloggless on February 25, 2009 at 4:27 PM

aaauuurrrggghhh!! That pic is nasty!! lol

becki51758 on February 25, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I just splashed holy water on the monitor. I feel safer now.

Fuquay Steve on February 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Heh, good start, but do you also have garlic, a wood stake (’cause she’s the un-dead) a pistol with a silver bullet (’cause she’s uglier than a werewolf) and don’t forget a crucifix ’cause she’s definitely a Godless far left demon!

Just want to make sure you’re covering all the bases!

Liberty or Death on February 25, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Who cares what this old dried up buzzard has to say, she needs to be ignored. She needs to tell everyone what she thinks at the nursing home, not in the regular population.

workingforpigs on February 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Who cares what that ugly POS thinks. Let’s move on.

MaiDee on February 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM

“Bobby Jindal was ‘pitiful,’ Helen Thomas tells film crew, right before making a ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ crack.”

I’ll try this one more time. The links don’t take you to anything else that Thomas said except for the quote above that was here and on MMalkins site?

AP, by what you wrote, did you think Christina Bellantoni actually heard something but couldn’t or didn’t want to try to prove it?

hawkdriver on February 25, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Actually, give her a hooded cloak, and we have Darth Sideous.

todler on February 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM

…and with this racist jibe, her journey toward the Dark Side is complete.

James on February 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Thats a picture of Helen Thomas? I thought it was the lady from “Throw Mamma from the Train”

Bicyea on February 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Yeah, Bellantoni was clearly listening to her talk. She was just posting Twitter updates letting people know what Thomas was saying.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

So… a Dem who slams a minority isn’t a racist in that minority is a Republican, all bets are off. But the Republican who says something which is clearly not intending to be insulting is racist due to the fact that he is a Republican?

CynicalOptimist on February 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Well the good news is, if Helen Thomas gets sick, she’s too old according to Barry’s stimulous, to get any treatment.

anniekc on February 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM

She’s RACIST!!

Cybergeezer on February 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Thanks!

hawkdriver on February 25, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Drooling vulture, look at this old battleax, can you think of anything else?

NoDonkey on February 25, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Didn’t she play The Penguin in “Batman Returns”? And will bleach remove her image from my brain?

John F Not Kerry on February 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Anyone know the name of her embalmer?

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on February 25, 2009 at 7:01 PM

You can’t toss this out because of a “lack of evidence”, she probably said this but no one will hold her on this because she’s a “respected” member of the media.

Cr4sh Dummy on February 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I think this qualifies her as a “so called racist”.

Cr4sh Dummy on February 25, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Separated at birth twin.

OmahaConservative on February 25, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Twin? I thought that was Thomas in 1939.

jgapinoy on February 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Did Joe Biden say anything about Dunkin’ Donuts?

jgapinoy on February 25, 2009 at 8:50 PM

afotia on February 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM

You know, if our press wasn’t just the press organ for the Democrats, I would love to see a thorough interview with Robert Byrd. Senator, when did you burn your last cross?

Of course, even better would be an interview with Obama’s drug dealer. How many hits of coke did he do a week?

18-1 on February 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM

She need not fear the “so called” conservatives. One man’s political opponent is another man’s freedom fighter.

shaken on February 25, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Hagula is so never was.

OmahaConservative on February 26, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Jeez, it’s “Night of the Living Dead”. It’s either bad genes or what happens when you live a life of hateful thoughts.

hopefloats on February 26, 2009 at 1:16 AM

O’Reilly’s so-called insult of this so-called journalist was spot on.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 26, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Isn’t this dumb ass liberal reporter about 195 years old? When is she going to just go away? If I was that ugly I’d shoot myself, no joke.

BobUSMC on February 26, 2009 at 4:06 AM

ToTo has standing orders to deal with wicked witches.
The hag best stay East of the river.
Good Dog , ToTo !

Col.John Wm. Reed on February 26, 2009 at 7:31 AM

I think her name translated into Polish is “Baba Yaga”…..

adamsmith on February 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Liberty or Death on February 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I had a vision while munching on an amanita mushroom.
Wait-is that a white rabbit I see?!

Badger40 on February 26, 2009 at 10:48 AM