Comedy gold: The end of the NYU occupation

posted at 7:50 pm on February 23, 2009 by Allahpundit

Don’t be daunted by the length. This is 24 karat. To set the scene: A student group holed up in the campus cafeteria last week for three days with a list of demands including, among various other items, scholarships for Palestinian students, greater budgetary transparency, and complete amnesty for themselves, of course. On day three, NYU got bored with taking them semi-seriously and moved to end it. This picks up, I believe, right around this point in the story…

The end became evident at 10 a.m. when four student negotiators went up to the sixth floor of the building to talk with NYU officials – and were ambushed by campus cops.

After that, cops tore down the barricades barring the entrance to the third-floor cafeteria and started evicting the Take Back NYU! Coalition protesters.

The offenders have been banned from all student buildings until their expulsion hearings, according to the Daily News. As for what you’re about to see, like Gutfeld, I’m almost speechless. To be this far over the line into self-parody and yet somehow oblivious to it is hard to fathom; it feels like satire, but it isn’t. I’ll leave you with Gut’s litmus test: “This footage should be mandatory viewing for every young person in America. If the person watching sympathizes with these students, then you know she or she is beyond hope.” Please observe your official content warning and click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

It’s dispiriting to think that these folks likely will be tenured professors some day.

NewWhig on February 24, 2009 at 10:06 AM

When will white dudes realize they don’t look cool- just plain stupid- when they wear dread locks?

Alden Pyle on February 24, 2009 at 10:07 AM

OS bigot!

I have a Mac because unlike the piece of crap (expensive piece of crap) windows boxes that came before it (thru XP Pro) the Mac doesn’t crash, doesn’t blue-screen, doesn’t get viruses, and (most importantly) does a very good job of keeping user A’s crap separate from users B and C.

I would buy another Mac in a heartbeat.

Just because assholes like these use Macs doesn’t make all Mac users assholes.

Mew

acat on February 23, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Urban legend. Mac OS doesn’t have as many issues as Windows because *gasp* it’s not as widely distributed.
Here’s a small list of viruses Macs have gotten:
Mabutu-A, see W32/Mabutu-A
Macaka-A, see Troj/Macaka-A
Macdwarf-A, see Bat/Macdwarf-A
MacOS/MW2004, see AplS/Fromr-A

There’s alot more.

scrubbiedude on February 24, 2009 at 10:09 AM

dogsoldier on February 24, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Yup. And the idea of providing “assistance” to Pali students at the Islamic University of Gaza was just as insane.

How much do Korans, burkas, semtex, and suicide vests cost anyway. I’m sure these trust fund brats could sell some their I-Pods, I-Macs, skateboards, etc. to buy some terrorist supplies for their allies in Gaza.

PimFortuynsGhost on February 24, 2009 at 10:13 AM

That was funny as hell!! The idiot behind the camera thinks he is still in control. I love it when the lady says “What are our options?”

txaggie on February 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I am left speechless.

thank you so very much for this video.

NORUK on February 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM

They all had macs. That figures.

KSgop on February 23, 2009 at 10:13 PM
——–
OS bigot!

I would buy another Mac in a heartbeat.

Just because assholes like these use Macs doesn’t make all Mac users assholes.

Mew

acat on February 23, 2009 at 10:26 PM

ACAT, you seem to be a little sensitive about the Mac. I got my daughter a Mac for college. WAY more money than I wanted to spend but she loves it and I can’t wait for her to come home on breaks because then I get to use it. We originally got a lemon but they replaced it with a newer upgraded one and it’s brilliant.

Jarhead68 on February 24, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Throw them some joints and a guitar.

Buy Danish on February 24, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I’m pro-life, but this guy is the best argument for abortion EVAH

silenced majority on February 24, 2009 at 10:23 AM

There’s what — ten of them? Frog-march ‘em out the door.

“Ok, just pretend you can’t hear us.” Hilarious. Mom and Dad must be overjoyed with this kid.

This kid needs his own show. “Muhlenberg Kid vs. the World”.

DarthBrooks on February 24, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Cute kids… nothing a Louisville Slugger couldn’t fix.

D2Boston on February 24, 2009 at 10:33 AM

The comments over at the NYU sight are priceless, but this one truly says it all to the douche bags of the world.

I find it amusing that those who disobey the rules expect others to obey their rules. (”Don’t touch me!” – What a joke.) Not true in the real world. The camera will not always protect you.

1989 – I’ve seen in Wenceslas Square, Prague – former communist Czechoslovakia – the riot police simply beat the protestors until they dropped their cameras and video recorders – then proceeded to really kick the crap out of them with rubber rods.

People have the right to protest. But not the right to disrespect. You want to promote change without respect. A dialog doesn’t involve 1st taking over property that doesn’t belong to you – then calling for a ‘democratic consensus’ when the wolves are at the door.

People like you vandalize monuments, vandalize military recruiting offices, vandalize police cars, and belittle security guards who have to work hard making sure brats like you don’t get hurt. Additionally, you make a mockery of an institution like NYU – one of the better universities in the country. Patience with people like you is wearing thin.

Respect? For you? None. If you had any self-respect you wouldn’t have participated in this stupid stunt. You are a comedy act. A vandal. Your narcissism is why you are so weak – and you can’t see it, you don’t want to see it. That’s the beauty of it. I can only imagine your surprise when you run into the person who doesn’t care that you carry a video camera – knocks it out of your hand – then gives you an ass beating. The truly ironic thing about that moment – will be when the “machine” that you rage against so much, is the same one that you will be crying out to – for justice. Sadly, it will try provide it for you.

You grew up having everything you ever could need. Many people fight to come here from other countries, legally and illegally because of the opportunity this country offers. Some who come here illegally, have entered the armed forces and have died trying to demonstrate that they want to be here. You could get involved in a political campaign. Run for office. But that is not you. It is too – normal. That would mean that you would respect the rules of society – which you don’t. You can’t stand this country – but you want it extort it. At the expense of everyone else. You hit every branch of the selfish tree on the way down – didn’t you?

Scholarships for Palestinians? Rebuild the Islamic University of Gaza? As terrorists are fond of saying, due to the actions of the US government – no US citizen is innocent – or free from attack. Well, last I checked, those living in Gaza had elections, and they chose to elect a terrorist promoting government. Surprise surprise, when they realized that Israel would respond militarily – then they start crying to the UN. Cowards. Hypocrites.

Why should people here – those you call “couch potatoes” – who are going to work daily simply to provide for themselves, and their family – why should we pay for that? Why should NYU? The Palestinians already get subsidies from the US – and what have they done with it? Send missles into Israel. They can rebuild their own school – with their own money – or your hard earned money. After all, why would we want to “help your cause”.

Your vague threats with the keffiyeh are nothing more than pathetic. Be careful for what trouble you go looking for – it may find you.

silenced majority on February 24, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Some people put their faith in the Bible.

Others choose the Koran.

This kid apparently thought “Roberts Rules of Order” was somehow going to deliver them from the police.

Consensus Dei, Amen. :)

Can I get a “seconded?”

DarthBrooks on February 24, 2009 at 10:46 AM

OK, I confess, I protested in the 1960s, but we were never this idiotic! How can we disown these fools, they are unworthy to be our successors!

htom on February 24, 2009 at 10:53 AM

HAHAHA. I love the internet…it allows the whole world to see what kind of complete fools these people made of themselves. Thanks for the post, I’ll spread the word.

scalleywag on February 24, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I’ve already added to my favorite YouTube list. I could watch over and over – it’s interesting to see the house of cards crumble, oh, about the time he realized they were filming, too.

Marcus on February 24, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Welcome to Ignorance 101.

Speakup on February 24, 2009 at 11:17 AM

They all had Mac notebooks but they don’t drink “corporate” water.

Sultry Beauty on February 24, 2009 at 9:13 AM

If they had hand-rebuilt laptops running a homegrown Linux variety, where would they ever find the time to “facilitate?”

Tanya on February 24, 2009 at 11:22 AM

The young have passion, they want to change what they see as wrong. They don’t have experience, nor wisdom. They don’t know that the mess we’re in is the best we could come up with to be fair to as many of us as possible.

I believe it was Churchill who said if you’re not a Liberal at the age of 20, you have no heart. If you aren’t a Conservative by the age of 30, you have no brain. That sums it up perfectly.

Snake307 on February 24, 2009 at 11:24 AM

htom on February 24, 2009 at 10:53 AM

These clowns will be saying the same thing in 2047…

DarkCurrent on February 24, 2009 at 11:38 AM

htom on February 24, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Sign the paper on the classroom door that you were at the protest, make sure the prof. sees you, throw a brick, pick up a chick, have a couple of beers, spend the night…next day start all over.
Most of us had a purpose to go to the protests, and it wasn’t political…

right2bright on February 24, 2009 at 11:43 AM

LOL. Neato vid. But WTF is corporate water??

Ugly on February 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Those spoiled little brats are loaded! When he was going through the nice Dakine (sp?) packs listing all the expensive crap I was, well, not surprised, just disgusted. That whole episode was hilarious! What a waste these kids are, (talk about wasting the resources!) I swear if it was one of mine acting that idiotic, I’d stop writing the damn checks.

4shoes on February 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM

“We’re going to use consensus process” is the new “don’t taze me, bro!”

Mark Jaquith on February 24, 2009 at 11:58 AM

I saw a bunch of rich punks who were used to their mommies, nannies and daycare aides putting up with and giving in to their tantrums.

“Okay, Jonny, why don’t you tell me how you feel and then mommy will tell you how she feels and we will come to an understanding.”

29Victor on February 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM

It’s probably been said above, but can you imagine the money these twits just flushed down the toilet? NYU ain’t cheap–tuition, books, living accommodations–all down the toilet. Sure, credits will transfer will transfer to their next school, but the degree they’ll ultimately get from a community college near they’re parents’ home won’t have the same cachet as NYU.

Maybe their parents will be proud, but I’d be pissed. Clearly, some young people did not think this one all the way through. All the same, if Ayers can remake himself as a tenured professor, maybe these idiots will end up as university presidents.

BuckeyeSam on February 24, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Does remind me of the 60′s. And my memory tells me a majority of those protests were just as idiotic. Guess some of these kids today picked up their actions from the “me” generation. This is the face of our new leaders. May like to hold up John Kennedy as a role model. I voted for him and still consider him a good president. However, his speech “ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country”, has been completely reversed.

hillbilly on February 24, 2009 at 12:36 PM

29Victor on February 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Guffaw! Thanks for the belly laugh 29V. These kids are hilarious for comedys sake, but pathetic when I think how difficult life is for them out in the real world.

Bet at least one has a bumber sticker on the beamer saying “Mean People Suck” or “Reality Bites” *big grin*

kooziegirl on February 24, 2009 at 12:47 PM

What was that little biatch pretending to be assualted auditioning for i wonder…. her future sex harrasment lawsuits against her unfortunate employer…
“He touched my shoulder! Eeewwwwhh AAHHHH! “

max1 on February 24, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Blast…came for the punk-assed hippie taser’n or better yet good old beat down…

Leaving disappointed..

Release the Hounds!!!

BigWyo on February 24, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Without doubt, the gheyest, most pathetic display of mindless liberal retardation I have witnessed to date.

LimeyGeek on February 24, 2009 at 1:38 PM

What was that “scripture” the guy referred to near the end? Surely these guys don’t carry around bibles (although it would do them some good if they did).

Johnny 100 Pesos on February 24, 2009 at 1:47 PM

The Blair Idiot Project

RobCon on February 24, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Classic example of idiot Obama voters. If the going ever gets tough, these weenies will be slaughtered like baby seals.

If this is the army of intellectuals that is going to defeat the defenders of the constitution or the “Buba Effect” , put your money on the dumb country boys that understand Einsteins theory of stupidity.

As a circle of light increases, so does the area of darkness around it. In other words, the smarter you think you are, the dumber you get.

Can you inmagine these fools in a gun or knife fight? What kind of igmos is NYU producing?

saiga on February 24, 2009 at 2:21 PM

LimeyGeek on February 24, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Then you are lucky. I see this kind of stupidity all around every day.

saiga on February 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM

WOW! I’m REALLY happy that doesn’t happen at my school. Then again, that video was really entertaining so I might get a kick out of it if it ever happens here…..

Rightwingguy on February 24, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Johnny 100 Pesos on February 24, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I wondered that too, but figured it was probably Karl Marx – or as someone mentioned “Robert’s Rules of Order”

kybowexar on February 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM

The Blair Idiot Project

RobCon on February 24, 2009 at 2:19 PM

kybowexar on February 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Several things come to mind. These pathetic kids fit right into the stereotype of liberals: self-righteous, ignorant and arrogant. There was even the ubiquitous angry white male punk with dreadlocks, accessorized with a skateboard (snicker). The camera kid, who was from a college in PA and had no right to be there, obviously thinks he’s following in Obama’s “community organizer” footsteps. But all he reminded me of was a jackass trying to herd cats….brainless, STUPID cats. Some of their catch-phrases were hilarious: “corporate water”, “Collectively…” (must have learned that word from his longhaired filthy hippy LSD parents who dropped him on his head way too many times), his “red book” (personally autographed by Chairman Mao?), and best liberal catch-phrase of all – “Devices Of Force”. PATHETIC.

I hope they all got expelled from NYU with no tuition refunds and that the camera kid was arrested for criminal trespass.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention the filth and trash strewn around, as is the case at all liberal coven gatherings. Example, Obama’s inauguration/usurpation.

CatchAll on February 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM

We are using consensus to determine how to proceed! We have ten minutes! Ten Minutes!

The inmates stage a sit in at the asylum.

bitsy on February 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM

If I hear the word “consensus” again I think I am going to break something.

Alouette on February 24, 2009 at 5:01 PM

It’s dispiriting to think that these folks likely will be tenured professors running the government some day.

mankai on February 24, 2009 at 5:04 PM

When viewing this video, I only ask myself “WWASD?”*

*(What would Al Swearengen do?)

HammerToss on February 24, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I guess these guys missed Ward Churchill’s Protesting in Post-Modern America seminar?

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 24, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Since when did NYU become a special education school. They must have carted them away in the short school bus.

RobCon on February 24, 2009 at 7:00 PM

It is times like these when I can but think “My kingdom for a Device of Force.”

Lily on February 24, 2009 at 7:58 PM

You can’t cure stupid.

Passionate-Conservative on February 24, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Where are the truncheons? Where is the tear gas? Where are the brass knuckles? Doesn’t NYU know you have to meet force with force?

JohnGalt23 on February 24, 2009 at 9:42 PM

txaggie on February 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM

What you were seeing was the Democratic process in action.

unclesmrgol on February 25, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Wow, those cops showed some real restraint. My hat’s off to them. Yay law enforcement! I would have tasered/night stick’d/pepper sprayed everyone of those punks. Good thing I’m not a cop.

long_cat on February 25, 2009 at 1:35 AM

After watching it again (for laughs in the morning) I have come to the conclusion that this was an extra-credit project for one of their professors. For the most part people under 25 are idiots. I was no exception and I highly doubt it has changed from all those years ago. I would be willing to wager that some professor said “For extra-credit go join a protest to exercise your first amendment right.” The moronic kids decide to get the full amount of credit and think of creating their own protest to voice their opposition to everything that said professor has been talking about in class. That is the only thing I can think of that joins all of the students demands together. Anyone else have another idea?

txaggie on February 25, 2009 at 9:12 AM

txaggie on February 25, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I wonder if you’d get full points for protesting against the assignment.

James on February 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM

In Chicago they chanted “The Whole World is Watching!”

At NYU they chant, “The Whole World is Laughing!”

Wander on February 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I say send every one of these felonious, red diaper wearing clueless morons to school in Gaza.

Once the Islamists figure out they are lefties, their heads are going to roll.

LMAO! I can just hear it now, “Hey, wait, Akmed, we have to have a consensus as to whether you are going to be allowed to behead us or not.”

These idiots are so unequipped for life in the real world it is hilarious.

-Dave

Dave R. on February 25, 2009 at 8:37 PM

What frightens me is these barbarously ignorant twits are able to vote.

DrMagnolias on February 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM