White House spokesman to Santelli: You don’t know what you’re talking about

posted at 3:35 pm on February 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

I’m going to put him down as a “no” on attending the Tea Party. Stick with it, as it gets snottier as he goes along.

Think Santelli will fire back on Monday? Watch the clip of him below, jacked up on this morning’s Today Show. This ain’t over.

Update: A good point from HuffPo: Why would Gibbs single out Santelli for a reply when conservative pundits have spent weeks dumping on the stimulus? Maybe it’s because of the huge play Drudge gave the story yesterday — or maybe it’s because Obama benefits from having derivatives traders seen as the face of the opposition on this issue.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The o administration has already said that Wall St doesn’t enter into their plans. If that was the only remark that o and company ever made, it alone would be enough to demonstrate their bottomless inexperience and stupidity.

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Unfortunately for all of us with pension plans, this spells disaster. Oh, I forgot, we should feel guilty that we HAVE pension plans while many of our other comrades do not. My bad.

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Have they even released the numbers for who qualifies for this load of crap? We can’t even measure the moral hazard gauge at this point can we? Suppose it will be an ‘fairness oversight board’ or some such that deems one worthy with some ‘fuzzy math’ we’ll never see. So much for transparency. And what of those folks that don’t pay after they are ‘rescued’? Suppose we own those houses at that point or at least great leader does.

shortdawgdc on February 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Scott McClellan laughs at him.

JammieWearingFool on February 20, 2009 at 3:46 PM

ZING!

Wingo on February 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Gibbs is dreamy. His speach was so amazing that I no longer feel anger at bailing out those in my zip code who bought houses three to four times the size of mine and are getting a bail out.

Now, when I clunk by these 6 bedroom bastions of economic justice in my old Buick on my way to my second job, I get warm and fuzzy all over thinking of how grateful those inside must feel knowing that they do not have to give up their Lexuses, health club memberships, boats, or vacations.

It is good to know that if my husband loses his job, or I lose one of mine, my fellow taxpayers will be there for me. OT, why do I hear crickets?

Laura in Maryland on February 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Santelli’s response

strictnein on February 20, 2009 at 3:52 PM

somone should tattoo “Property of Nick Santelli” on Gibbs forehead……

Fighton03 on February 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM

This habit of calling out individuals is an interesting tact…are they trying to send a signal of intimidation?
It usually just gets the other side riled up, but I wonder if the other commentators become intimidated.

right2bright on February 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM

What’s funny is that everyone is cheering Santelli, but listen to him. He’s actually arguing against this from further on the left – saying that Obama should be helping “everyone” not just a few people. So he’s just upset that some people are getting something and some people are not.

So what this is really doing is pushing the argument to the left. Where the two sides are arguing “need to do something” “need to do more than that!” rather than any sort of free market solution.

lorien1973 on February 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Good catch, he is being rather ambiguous. I noticed this, but what he says is just fine even if you oppose any type of bailout. Because the general consensus is that all sides will do “something” anyway, if that becomes assumed then you want the most fair way to dole out the bailout, like a tax cut for all, that helps everybody, is a stimulus, and even someone against bailouts like me would be for that. Now he was not specific, but an across the board tax cut could be what he meant. He did ridicule the Obama’s 13 dollar tax cut so it makes me think he wants that to go farther. Of course I could be wrong.

LevStrauss on February 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM

AP, this post needs a video update with the Santelli “I prefer tea” quip.

Here

aquaviva on February 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Compare the two men:

His lame comments have this geeky, milquetoast, totally uninspiring conclusion by Gibbs:

Gibbs brandished a copy of a fact sheet about Obama’s plan. “Download it, hit print, and begin to read it,” he said. In an unusually personal and direct attack on a specific journalist, Gibbs used Santelli’s name at least five times.

With this nailing the topic and the frustrated anger with a strong ringing conclusion by Santelli:

“Mr. Ross has nailed it. The government is promoting bad behavior…

…How about this, Mr. President and new administration. Why don’t you put up a website to have people vote on the internet as a referendum to see if we really want to subsidize the losers mortgages? Or would they like to at least buy buy cars, buy a house that is in foreclosure … give it to people who might have a chance to actually prosper down the road and reward people that can carry the water instead of drink the water?

This is America! (he turns to the traders nearby)

How many people want to pay for your neighbor’s mortgages that has an extra bathroom and can’t pay their bills? Raise their hand!

President Obama, are you listening?

You know Cuba used to have mansions and a relatively decent economy. They moved from the individual to the collective. Now they’re driving ’54 Chevys.

It’s time for another tea party.

What we are doing in this country will make Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin roll over in their graves.”

Remember that Gibbs actually had time to PREPARE his answer while Santelli was speaking extemporaneously!

That really tells you how poor a job Gibbs does as a spokesman!

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM

You don’t get the Obama/Alinsky method. The reason why they picked out Santelli is because the way to win on any issue is to:
1. Personalize it.
2. Demonize/mock the one with whom you personalize the issue.
The issue then becomes obscured and part of the character of the person whom you are attacking.

They did this with Rush last month; you’ll see this over and over again in the next 4 years.

blue13326 on February 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM

They perfected this method over the last 4 years.

- Bush Lied. Bush is a Chimp.
- Palin SNL, Palin inexperienced, etc.
- Joe the Plumber back taxes, middle name, license

faraway on February 20, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Saul D. Alinsky isolated & personalized target of the week.

HarneyPeak on February 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Yep. Exactly.

aquaviva on February 20, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Fairness Doctrine to also encompass market analysts in 3…2…

BacaDog on February 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM

MM has a story how ACORN has broken into a foreclosed house, saying, “It’s our house now.” We had better revolt soon before ACORN is appointed to the civil force (as strong as the military) that Obama proposed last fall. Christian Conservative on February 20, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Yeah, and since Mbama gave them $4b this week, you’re paying for it.

Imagine what they will be able to do once they hire, oh, I dunno, 5,000 full-time staffers to harrass banks, Republican donors, and uncooperative members of congress.

Akzed on February 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM

1. is it me or does Gibbs talk down to people. I could just be the dais…

Which rule for radicals is this? They used the same one on Rush, and should really know this. Identify, polarize, and I forget…

liquidflorian on February 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Decaf

Har har har har har!

Dacaf again.

Hyuck, hyuck, shazam!

Tzetzes on February 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM

My favorite part of the press conference was when Mr. Gibbs played “Rock Lobster” for Cleveland.

Kid from Brooklyn on February 20, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I remember during the campaign how Obama supporters would deride McCain and Republicans as a bunch of doughy, out-of-touch white guys.

So who does Obama present as one of his most public faces? A clueless, stammering, perspiring Pillsbury Doughboy with a whiny southern accent. A southern accent can work well for a man when it’s authoritative (see Fred Thompson). It’s a disaster when it sounds like Gibbs. And any woman with a southern accent is heaven sent.

BuckeyeSam on February 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Yep. Traders have to portrayed as the villains. It fits the mantra that Wall Street is the cause of Main Street’s woes.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Fibbs,

What, give or take a trillion, is the estimated cost of “doing nothing?”

Christien on February 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

blue13326 on February 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM

The thing is that the WH keeps getting rolled by the one they’re trying to Alinskize!

They forget this is America. There are still people left who know how to think and how to talk!

If Obama is so fond of Lincoln, he needs to remember this:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM

the liberal elitists running our country
DONT GET IT..

Here is a wall street trader openly on tv telling obama
Hey you moron dont you know that what your doing is basically called

communism?

And the liberals and medias reponse?

Ohh hehehe its ok we know what were doing..
afgter all were just a bunch of laywers who hired tax cheats to run the country..

what RIGHT do you PEONS have to dare Question

the MESSIAG OBAMA

Well sir: your an idiot and you and the liberals are about to get a very hard lesson..

From ALL of the American PEOPLE..

So hold onto your big LIBERAL ASS..
Because we are going to start kicking it..

jcila on February 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Where’s the tea party?! Count me in :-)

lanesmerge on February 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Santelli’s response

strictnein on February 20, 2009 at 3:52 PM

somone should tattoo “Property of Nick Santelli” on Gibbs forehead……

Fighton03 on February 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Last line is money.
Pwned.

juanito on February 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Alinsky strategy: Personalize it.

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Actually, Santelli didn’t go nearly far enough. How about calling out Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, who presided over this fiasco while taking payments and saying, “I see nothing, nothing”?

How about a lifetime ban on elected or appointed office, or lobbying, for any officer or director of Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac — the entities that dug this hole?

Oh, wait, Obama’s having enough trouble with staffing.

cthulhu on February 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM

You can’t Alinskyieze people if you only look like a buffoon every time you do so.

Everyone is laughing too hard at you to take the demonization seriously.

(I’m trying to decide how to spell a couple of words, BTW!).

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM

“I’m not entirely sure where Mr. Santelli lives or in what house he lives,” Gibbs said during the daily briefing.

I was outraged when I heard this.

faraway on February 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Matt Lauer is such a d-bag, and Santelli is right.

People that can’t afford there homes are the heroes, while people that are paying their mortgages on time are the villains that must be forced to sacrifice for the “victims”. Ugh.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Gibbs isn’t a very good press secretary, but I’m glad he got the job and not the Burton goof that they used during the campaign. He would have been too much to bear.

myrenovations on February 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM

The HUD Sec. just called Santelli out by name on CNBC. It had the same flavor as Gibbs, especially the way he spit out “Mr. Santelli.”

genso on February 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I like this strategy. Pick the loudmouth nutcases and associate them with your critics. The CNBC reporter and Rush are great because they become what everyone thinks of when they hear about opposition to the stimulus or the housing reform.

From a HuffPo poster. Tells you Fibb’s strategy on this.

faraway on February 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Not exactly. That may be part of it, but earlier I said they’re going after him because Santelli hit on a very concrete rallying point that brings wasteful government spending literally home for many.

This is usually the Dems MO. They take some topic and boil it down to a slogan. Santelli hit on one naturally without contrivance and the WH sees the danger of a voice who is saying publicly what people are thinking.

Santelli also hit on the right topic at the right time. Anger has been building the last few weeks over the “stimulus” bill. He found the match to light the bonfire.

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Oh, but lots of people are taking what comes out of the white house as the gospel truth. We laugh (hysterically), but too many are not laughing at all.

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM

MM said it best; we’re chumps!

Laura in Maryland on February 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Banks that received TARP money have donated $2m to congress members since. Does that matter?

Akzed on February 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Lauer,

What sacrifice are defaulters being asked to make? What? Too cowardly to tell them to rent?

Christien on February 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

What O doesn’t know is that he’s sewing the seeds for a major loss in 2010 and beyond with these childish tactics. Make no mistake, average people don’t want to subsidize their neighbors homes and the vehement nature that O and Co. are counter-attacking shows that they’re losing the PR battle on this one. Just look at this week: O signs the stim bill and unveils his mortage rescue plan – and the market TANKS!!!!!! That means that investors know that his plans, at best won’t help, and at worst will hurt in the LT.

The more pushback that O and crew get the more they look unpresidential and petty. The only way that O could have been a success was for the next four years to have been an extension of the campaign (i.e. no hard questions, messianic speeches, fawning crowds,etc.) and with each passing day he looks more and more like a thug.

volnation on February 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Perhaps the Whitehouse could give us more details . . . please !
Otherwise, Santelli might be appointed to take Senator Burris’s place in the near “resignation” future.

JayTee on February 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Some one here(or somewhere!)quoted one of the Adam’s the other day and I do not recall the actual quote, but the gist was that a determined minority can beat the pants off the majority if it’s mission is good and it sticks to it.(One of you have the actual quote?)We and those who think as we do have gotta be that determined minority no matter what the set backs. This man and his unholy three advisors(I’m including Michelle) must not be allowed to destroy this country.

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM

This Gibbs guys has the personality of a frost-free refrigerator.

My refrigerator says:

I resent that.

(apologies to Cyber)

Snowed In on February 20, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I was outraged when I heard this.

faraway on February 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM

ACORN will be camped out on his lawn Monday.

Akzed on February 20, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Too cowardly to tell them to rent?

But if they must rent, HUD’s budget to fight homelessness has increased 10 times thanks to the spending bill. Now HUD will assist with security deposits, utilities, etc. (courtesy of Rush’s show today)

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

We’ll see what it does for responsible.

I have owned a home for over 14 years and have NEVER missed a payment, let alone been late for one.

I just got laid off last month and I have enough cash to last me for about 4 more payments, then I FUBAR unless I have found a job.

We’ll see what the messiah will do for me. I am not holding my breath.

RobertJ78704 on February 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

This is a quick overview of who qualifies for this and who doesn’t. If you have a mortgage through a bank and have a high credit score, and pay your mortgage on time….sucks to be you.

Kills me to see you have to have a credit score below 600 to qualify.

milwife88 on February 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM

faraway on February 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Is there any way we, the taxpayers, can offer a buyout clause to Congressmen? ‘Cos if we can, I gotta a much better plan for that $787T.

Snowed In on February 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM

ACORN will be camped out on his lawn Monday.

How about we beat them to the punch and go camp out at Santelli’s house with a few rifles and shotguns and then dare ACORN to show up. I’d be a lonely “rally” for the ACORN crown methinks.

volnation on February 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Well, we’ll see hosw it plays out.

I will say that image counts for a lot with people who succumbed to the Obama kool aid.

The persona of Gibbs v. Santelli, well, it’s obvious who wins. Caspar Milquetoast v. a passionate speaker?

The thing I’m surprised at is that it was ever decided that Gibbs would be the public face of the WH. I know he worked on the campaign, but he has no charisma and no attractive personality. I never understood why McClellan was chosen and Gibbs is worse.

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

milwife88 on February 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM

When I read it standing on my head it makes sense. You should try it.

Akzed on February 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Even if you look like a fool when you Alinskyize (sp?) your opponents, it can still be an effective strategy if it intimidates the critic and makes the next person less likely to go against you.

blue13326 on February 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

RobertJ78704 on February 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

With a username like that, you’ve gotta be an Austinite like me…

Snowed In on February 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

OT: Executive Order: Establishment of the White House Office of Urban Affairs

ACORN staffers

faraway on February 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Akzed on February 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

LOL!!!

milwife88 on February 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Gibbs needs to review some old Baghdad Bob tapes and work on his skills.

JackS on February 20, 2009 at 4:30 PM

volnation on February 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

There’s a group of vets that go around to military funerals to keep Fred Phelps and his harpies away. Maybe something similar could be organized to crack some ACORNS? Stay tuned.

Akzed on February 20, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Wow…decaf.

Does it taste like sugar-free Kool-Aid, Fibbs?

Christien on February 20, 2009 at 4:31 PM

“Be responsible” = “Shut up and pay.”

Otis B on February 20, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Bob Gibbs has never scored.

Wingo on February 20, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Three… yes THREE on one, and Santelli still wins the argument. Are there two more pompous arses than Williams and Lauer? (That’s rhetorical.)
Sugar Land on February 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I noticed NBC called in the Big Goons, er Guns, to try to stem the tide against Santelli. Didn’t work. The 92% of Responsible Homeowners agree with Santelli.

Gibbs is a jerk! So is Chip Reid.

TN Mom on February 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Where is this 92% number coming from?

scotthenning on February 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM

First Joe the Plumber …

Now Rick the Trader. . .

BHO creating Heroes, instead of being one.

JayTee on February 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Actual quote: “It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds….” John Adams

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Agreed! Thus my earlier post:

Gibbs is solid gold!!!! We need to help this guy keep his job. Who wants to start a Robert Gibbs Fan Club?!

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 3:46 PM

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM

I think Ace said it best. “Robert Gibbs make’s Scott McClellan look like a rhetorical genius”.

robtr on February 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM

scotthenning on February 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM

CNBC website has a poll asking who wants to join Santelli’s tea party.

Latest numbers:

Would you want to join Rick Santelli’s “Chicago Tea Party?” * 233536 responses
94%
4.7%
Not Sure
1.5%

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I did a quick read of the Treasury’s fact sheet and I don’t see anything that would preclude anyone other than “flippers”, IWO those who are delinquent on homes that aren’t their primary residence. So it seems to me that, in essense, Santelli’s points from yesterday still stand.

But I do see that the plan funds a huge membership drive for ACORN under the guise of mandatory finance counseling.

Dusty on February 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I am an engineer in South Dakota. Seems like all of the stimulus money coming to this state is going towards minority/woman owner businesses exclusively. I wonder if that was a directive from the White House. Remember Reich stating they don’t want the stimulus money going to white construction workers? He wasn’t kidding!

trs on February 20, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Scott McClellan to Robert Gibbs: “You can borrow my skills” (courtesy of Napolean Dynamite)

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:38 PM

It’s not wise to single an generally otherwise unknown trader like Santelli. Just makes him more powerful that he’s getting shout outs at press conferences… and more vocal as result. Imagine if he did the same with Peter Schiff. They’d have to sell tickets.

Repurblican on February 20, 2009 at 4:39 PM

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Great quote, jeanie.

The fire was laid, and Santelli lit the match.

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:39 PM

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM

I won’t write letters to the WH asking that he resign–he’s a keeper! :-)

But the thought of joining a fan club is too much!

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:40 PM

It’s really mind boggling that o feels the economy can improve WITHOUT Wall ST. How dumb can one be. That’s where the money for investment is—can he actually not know this?

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Gibbs crushed him like an insect.

getalife on February 20, 2009 at 4:42 PM

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

It may be by plan , do they think ordinary people will give Gibbs sympathy when he stumbles?

the_nile on February 20, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if someone DID find out where he lives, and what the status of his mortgage and taxes are, and pull a Joe the Plumber on him. That’s this new administration’s style.

scalleywag on February 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM

INC: We could write and ask someone else to resign though.LOL

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Gibbs is like all the candy-ass sissies in the administration.

Traders have their pulse on the heartbeat of the market. Anyone see a pulse? Nah, didn’t think so.

Don’t underestimate what Santelli and the traders said yesterday. The numbers are proof enough.

The smug condescension of BO and his clique should tell everyone everything they need to know.

Which is this… we’re in deep $hit, and they don’t care.

Cody1991 on February 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:42 PM

He might actually not know it.

I cannot make up my mind what kind of a mix of ignorance and/or purposeful malfeasance he is.

Remember he has never been a successful leader/executive at anything.

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I love being part of an irate minority. When IS the Tea Party? Seriously, I would plan my next vacation around it.

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:46 PM

the_nile on February 20, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I’d be more inclined to think it was arrogance that anything Gibbs would say would be fine.

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM

That’s for sure.

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Would you want to join Rick Santelli’s “Chicago Tea Party?” * 233536 responses
94%
4.7%
Not Sure
1.5%

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Man alive! Almost a quarter of a million, which could easily quadruple, all dumping tea in a body of water with the EPA watching? Could get nasty(and fun).

a capella on February 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I think I read the Tea Party is in July in Chicago.

That’s kind of late for momentum. They ought to do it on St. Pat’s day when they dye the Chicago river green.

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Gibbs = pwned

bluelightbrigade on February 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Gibbs crushed him like an insect.

getalife on February 20, 2009 at 4:42 PM

lol. Pretty tough sledding, isn’t it?

a capella on February 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I agree that Obama is still trying to use Alinsky type tactics. However it works best when you are trying to take down “The Man”…Now he is the “The Man.” Time to come up with a better tactic- or maybe just govern responsibly? Nah.

shannonkelly on February 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Targeting Rush: Saul Alinsky Would be Proud

RepubChica on February 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM

A Tea Party on the Great Lakes, not Boston. After all, we want to be sure that all of the midwestern “bitter clingers” are close enough to join in the action.

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM

INC: Yes! Yes! have been wondering the same thing. How much is deliberate damage and how much is stupidity and in-experience? And..how much of it is his wife spouting Wrightisms in his ear?

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Apologies if somebody already mentioned this but, shortly after this on CNBC, Jim Kramer, the Uber-Dem said the stimulus bill was really just, “payback to all the people and groups who got Obama elected and nothing more.” I almost fell off my chair.

TheBigOldDog on February 20, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Would love a trip to Chi. Count me in.

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Dusty on February 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I keep wondering why the “flippers” get left out of any bailout scheme. Some friends of mine were doing that and they weren’t crooked. They were operating under the same assumptions as any bank that ended up with a bail out.

HarneyPeak on February 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM

And..how much of it is his wife spouting Wrightisms in his ear?

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM

LOL-that’s one I hadn’t thought of!

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Just another reminder of what a flaming imbecile Obama has hired to speak for him in public.

But beyond the stupidity of Stuffynose Gibbs, the other lasting impression of every press room event is that this is a frat house presentation by Otter to his fellow Delta housemates, whereas for the past eight years with Bush in office every one of these events was a skirmish in a larger war. The enemies were in the chairs, and the press secy was there to fight them.

When it’s Dems and Dems, it’s all fun and games.

Jaibones on February 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM

White House spokesman to Santelli: You don’t know what you’re talking about

So Santelli meets all the requirements to be one of the nominees to the Obama cabinet?

portlandon on February 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Well, Boston’s ok too. Kind of symbolic after all.

jeanie on February 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM

After I got done laughing at william’s question, the explanation that he last time we did this only 12% of the people still paid their mortgage. Three against one and Santilli kicked all of the obama thug’s asses.

Speaking of sacrifice, I would like to see how much matt gave to charity, could it be more than the $300/year biden gave for the last ten years?

I bet not.

jukin on February 20, 2009 at 4:54 PM

TheBigOldDog on February 20, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I think Cramer was a big Hillary supporter…. might be some hard feelings still lingering there…

BPD on February 20, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Spokesloser Fibbs, just when you think he can’t possibly look like a bigger whiner, totally redeems our faith in him!

Christien on February 20, 2009 at 4:55 PM

CNBC is running this for all they’re worth. Now they have a headline up: Rick Santelli’s Shout Heard ‘Round the World

INC on February 20, 2009 at 4:55 PM