Helen Thomas: We’re all terrorists

posted at 6:05 pm on February 20, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

All right, Hot Air denizens. If this thread doesn’t have 500 comments by midnight, I’m going to post another Good at Cooking with Andy segment this weekend. My friend from the Left, Tommy Christopher, got a chance to talk with Helen Thomas at the White House today after she referred to our enemies in Afghanistan and Pakistan as “so-called terrorists”. Helen likes Tommy, so she had no reservations about going with the Full Moral Equivalence argument:

TOMMY: All right Helen, when you asked the President about Afghanistan and Pakistan during the press conference, you said, “so-called terrorists”. You want to explain why you say “so-called terrorists”?

THOMAS: Because some people think they’re freedom fighters. They are in their own country, and we could dub them as terrorists, but … and their tactics are terrible, but so are ours. We dropped bombs on people in Iraq, people who did nothing to us.

TOMMY: So would you say that it’s for the sake of intellectual honesty?

THOMAS: [NODDING] I say we need it.

Caleb Howe, a conservative at Red State who partners with Tommy on projects and events, chalks this up to Thomas’ liberalism, but I think that lets her off the hook. Plenty of liberals don’t buy into the nutty moral equivalency of terrorists who target civilians for political purposes and the people who fight the terrorists hiding among the civilians. Mostly that comes from the lunatic Left, the International ANSWER and World Can’t Wait quasi-Stalinists and terrorist apologists.  I’d include Michael Moore, who argued that al-Qaeda in Iraq were the modern-day equivalents to the Minutemen of the American Revolution, who also made their argument by blowing up carriages with huge bombs buried in the streets and beheaded civilian engineers that they kidnapped from the British … at least according to Moore.

Beyond that, Thomas doesn’t even pay attention to the issues.  The Taliban in Pakistan cross the border into Afghanistan to fight the government and NATO; they are primarily Pakistanis, not Afghans.  Osama bin Laden is neither — he’s a Saudi of Yemeni descent who runs a network of mostly foreign fighters comprising Uighers, Uzbeks, Chechens, and Arabs out of the FATA, and who by the way attacked the US on 9/11 and not any of the aforementioned countries.  “Their own country” is as ignorant as it gets.

So what do Hot Air readers find more objectionable — the actual statement from Thomas, or the condescending manner in which she explained it to Tommy?  I’d say six of one, half-dozen of the other.

Update: Look, I know you are all having a lot of fun picking on Thomas’ looks, but believe me, if someone told me I’d be doing this at 88 with my own seat at the White House briefing room, I wouldn’t really care what I looked like as long as I was still breathing.

Update II, 12:11 am: Mission accomplished — no Good at Cooking with Andy this weekend.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Mocking Helen Thomas for her looks is far more lienent than the left has Treated GW Bush or our Military.

This has been mean spirited but not intentionally false or made up crap like the 9/11 truthers spew.

William Amos on February 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Do you think they’d keep her around if she started going to briefings in a pink t-shirt?

Jim Treacher on February 20, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Like Medea B? Helen in a Pepto Pink tee-shirt?

I’m like sooooooo outta here. What a bunch of freaks!

/Ed is now the big boogey man in my life. Thanks a bunch.

Cody1991 on February 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM

They are freedom fighters.

They are fighting for their freedom to take away others’.

blatantblue on February 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM

When ever I see this kind of moral equivalence clap-trap I think of Mark Arm singing “An open mind is an empty mind”. (Green River not Mudhoney)

HarneyPeak on February 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Making fun of people for their looks just detracts from the real criticism.

And is enjoyable.

Jim Treacher on February 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Sorry buddy….being a bit slow….warning?

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Maybe it’s me. Thought you were warning us to take this threat more seriously.

JiangxiDad on February 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I have a soft spot for little old people and their almost universal need to be pains in the hind quarters. You might as well just get a chuckle and be respectful, she doesn’t have the power to alter anything.

Cindy Munford on February 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I am sick to death of these
CREEPY OLD DISGUSTING
VILE CREATURES

Called journalists or collumnists
Screaming about how they so love their Islamic fredom fighters

Hey you old hag why dont you just move in with the taliban

Hell if we are lucky they might place your head above their mantle next to the aligator they beheaded..

I wonder wich one is uglier..
Thats a moral question we can ask osama bin laden..

Now get the hell out you old hag..

jcila on February 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Didn’t I see Thomas on the news sitting in with the dopey NYU students?

redfoxbluestate on February 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM

post number 401? almost there ED no cooking segments unless its Rachel Ray naked stir fry LOL

Kevin43 on February 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

LimeyGeek is (probably) drunk. I was in London from 1982-2005 and apart from a few bombs in the City and one particularly bad bombing in a country town there was nothing to it.
Fortunata on February 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM

You are a fucking imbecilic cunt.

I have friends that grew up from infancy with scarring across their faces and bodies. Scars that stretch and warp as you age….and always remind you of the time that the friendly little store down the road disintegrated.

Wonderful memories of blood and screaming. From infancy.

Fuck you….tourist POS

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Maybe it’s me. Thought you were warning us to take this threat more seriously.

JiangxiDad on February 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Ah, gotcha….no I’m being dumb :)….yes, that was very much my point sir.

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Our country and yours are under attack. Most of it is legal jihad, but we have our finest being blown up and attacked overseas. It is frustrating when the likes of Helen (who should know better) make excuses for murderers.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but it is better to have a little fun at her expense than to act out with true hate at those who seek to destroy western civilization.

Limey, I like you and always enjoy your posts, but once in a while, we have to just enjoy a good chuckle. No one wishes the old bag any terrible ill. I think Ed had in mind when he mentioned 500 posts that we would all have a little something to say. No harm, no foul.

Laura in Maryland on February 20, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Is she still breathing? holy crap. . .

OwlorNothing on February 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Did someone say Rachel Ray naked stir fry?

I’m there!

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Listen you jingoistic pillocks…..other than those of you that personally experienced the acts of 9/11, I doubt any of you have a single fucking clue about terrorism.

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 8:36 PM

BTW, Limey. I had friends who died in Lebanon when the marine barracks were bombed. There have been a some others as well over the years.

Many of us understand what’s going on. You might want to get down off that high horse you’re riding on.

And most of my relatives are Brits. They seem pretty clueless as far as I’m concerned. You have no hold on suffering or understanding.

Cody1991 on February 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Someone shoot that bitch.

Coronagold on February 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Of course, at my age, it’ll be a lot less than a 30-minute meal.

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Fortunata on February 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM

You are a fucking imbecilic cunt.

Wonderful memories of blood and screaming. From infancy.

Fuck you….tourist POS

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM

OmahaConservative on February 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Did someone say Rachel Ray naked stir fry?

I’m there!

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I’m dousing myself in parmesan right now

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Like I said, a drunk. Sorry about your friends, but it still doesn’t change the fact that the IRA hardly made an impact on everyday lives. And I wasn’t a tourist. Just very glad to get away from drunken pompous twat English cunts like you.

Fortunata on February 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Ugly looks; yep. Ugly mind; yep. Ugly mouth; redundant. The first is just nature. The other two, your fault. Slink back into your crypt, Helen. There will be another new moon. Or maybe not.

Elizabeth II is no physical beauty but is a handsome person. As was Golda Meyer and is dear Maggie.

Flying Gadsden

Caststeel on February 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I wonder what would Helen say if you asked her to describe the role of a “free and independent” press in a Representative Republic to hold those in political power accountable for their policies and actions……………

…………. regardless of your own political views?

Can you write something critical about someone you love if it is the truth, and you claim to be a professional for the common good and your responsibility under the Constitution of the United States,

…………. or will you be a liberal political hack, tow the line for your ideology, throw all professionalism aside for propaganda purposes, and become the old whore that you have become?

Seven Percent Solution on February 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Cody1991 on February 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I’m well aware there are going to be people such as yourself….I meant no offense to you and the validity of your experiences.

I was speaking in generalities.

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Fortunata on February 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

For your sake, coward, I hope we never meet.

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Maybe it’s me. Thought you were warning us to take this threat more seriously.

JiangxiDad on February 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Ah, gotcha….no I’m being dumb :)….yes, that was very much my point sir.

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I’m sorry I’ll go pull my head out of my ass foot out of my mouth now. I didn’t get it. About my earlier post, to quote the late, great Gilda Radner, “Nevermind”.

Laura in Maryland on February 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:27 PM

500? I’m betting on 1,000!

Jim Treacher on February 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I was speaking in generalities.

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

OK. But I’m always ready for a fight when someone wants to talk about Americans in general terms, especially Brits. I’ve spent nearly 50 years doing it.

So, let’s have a drink and call it a night.

Cheers! And I mean that with all good will.

Cody1991 on February 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

500? I’m betting on 1,000!

Jim Treacher on February 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Yay! Everybody’s a TERRORIST!

USA! USA! USA!

What was that big boom noise?

Why has the TV gone dead?

My iPhone rocks.

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

The poor woman. She is more to be pitied than scorned. Does anyone listen to her?

Mason on February 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Cheers! And I mean that with all good will.

Cody1991 on February 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Cheers to you too….and I’m an American, btw ;)

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM

For your sake, coward, I hope we never meet.
LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:27 PM

For my sense of smell’s sake, I hope so too. Try not to pee in the corner, I know it’s Friday night and all.

Fortunata on February 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM

You are a fucking imbecilic cunt.

Fuck you….tourist POS

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Your pointless life is so low that all other lots you envy. Fame of you the world hath none; Mercy and Justice both scorn you. All should Ignore you, look ahead and pass you by.

Tav on February 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM

God bless Helen Thomas. Any moron can look at her and appreciate it takes neither intelligence nor charm nor good lucks to achieve celebrity and influence. Her mind is Paris Hilton’s crotch.

JudetheFossil on February 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Good deal, Limey. Take it easy.

G’night y’all!!

Cody1991 on February 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Tav on February 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Thanks for the advice, Mr. Cut’n’Paste

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I remember well during the times spent in London in the early 1980s where it was expected that the public be on constant alert for suspicious packages or bags which the IRA cowards would leave behind to blow up innocents. I remember well several evacuations for IRA bomb threats and it made me realize what the buzz-bombs the Nazis would send over and how the general, peaceful, non-threatening public realized they could be attacked from above, by faceless savages, guided by a psychotic hatred of total strangers. I remember Canary Wharf, too.

The big difference between the Chicago mob of the 1930s and the IRA of the 1980s is at least The Mob focused on competitors and a protection racket. The IRA simply killed to be killing. The Mob thought like Capone. The IRA thought like Ted Kaczynski. Both incurable by civilization’s standards.

viking01 on February 20, 2009 at 9:38 PM

viking01 on February 20, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Indeed. Do not also discount the filter of the British media, heavily government-controlled, simply not reporting ‘the troubles’ that occured in Ireland.

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:42 PM

LimeyGeek, I know just how you must be feeling right now. When that rope starts to pull tight, you can feel the Devil bite your ass.

Tuco on February 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Please take the picture away. It scares me.

congma on February 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I couldn’t quite make out the logo, does it say, “dottering old fool?” She’s a buffoon. I’m not sure which is worse, being a buffoon and knowing it or not knowing it. Time to retire, Helen, no one cares what you think.

gemchick on February 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Please take the picture away. It scares me.

congma on February 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Indeed. It’s enough to make a rabbit stop breeding.

CrusaderRabbit on February 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM

WRT Helen “The idiot” Thomas’ most recent flub, I would like to quote the character “Church” on the web series “Red Vs. Blue.”

“GOD DAMN IT! SHUT UP, JUST SHUT UP! YOU’RE DRIVING ME CRAZY!”

Merovign on February 20, 2009 at 9:47 PM

congma on February 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM

DAAAAADDDDDYYYYYYY Make the bad woman go away!!!!!LOL

Yeah, I know how you feel!

Fighton03 on February 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Retire ya ole hag

RobCon on February 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Yep, the BBC’s own brand of Fairness Doctrine and charging people a Telly Tax to mislead them.

I remember walking along Hyde Park Corner mere weeks before they bombed the parade. Things like that one doesn’t soon forget.

Tom Clancy’s book “Patriot Games” and the film of it made in the early 1990s, to me, gives an accurate peek into the IRA mindset. For those here whom have seen the film imagine it’s your wife and it’s your daughter and you’re trying to negotiate with those who want to blow themselves up. Not much different from those who attacked us on 9/11.

viking01 on February 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Mason on February 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Front row seat……….

…….. in Mr. Teleprompter’s first official press conference as the POTUS?

……. and if you watch the video, look at the smirks and smiles in the room.

Then listen to his, uhhh, ummm….., uhhhh, answer…….

……….. just for shits and giggles.

Seven Percent Solution on February 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM

About Scary Helen’s photo… I never knew Abe Vigoda (Fish on Barney Miller) had an older sister. A mug like that deserves a candle in it every October.

viking01 on February 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM

You want ugly. Here’s ugly.

Some say that if you look long enough and have an artist’s eye you can peel the years away and see the underlying beauty of the woman. I’ve never been able to do that. Just in case you’re curious it’s Rodin’s sculpture.

She who used to be the Beautiful Heaulmiere

Now leave Helen alone.

Oldnuke on February 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM

All those years as a reporter, and she either does not know, (which is pathetic) or is a wilful LIAR.. The “Freedom Fighters” are not fighting for their own country, or a least a good number of them ..

Helen here’s a news flash just for you .. They are Jihadists from all over the Muslim world.

Helen Thomas….. a living example why even White House reporters should have term limits …

dugbru on February 20, 2009 at 9:57 PM

JudetheFossil on February 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Hence the crabby demeanor.

SouthernGent on February 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Oldnuke on February 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I hope you were intending sarcasm oldnuke, because like most thought outside of socialist propaganda…you’re link returns ACCESS FORBIDDEN.

Fighton03 on February 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Tuco on February 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I don’t understand

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM

LimeyGeek on February 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

2,000!

Jim Treacher on February 20, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Everyone relax.

See what Helen Thomas causes?

blatantblue on February 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Fighton03 on February 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM

No, it was really a picture of the sculpture and I checked the link before I posted. Not sure what happened. Let’s try another.

Oldnuke on February 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Oldnuke on February 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Call me stoopid, but link broken, me no get it.

Is it supposed to go to The Scream or an official portrait of Michelle Obama?

Laura in Maryland on February 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM

450 posts. We’ll make 500 easy by midnight.

DrStock on February 20, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Update: Look, I know you are all having a lot of fun picking on Thomas’ looks…

Maybe if we had a better picture of Helen, we wouldn’t pick on her so much.

See? I can be nice.

IrishEi on February 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Oldnuke on February 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM

You were serious?!?! I saw that piece in Paris, and it was moving. I understood it to be the beauty within. I don’t think Helen has any within. Now Mother Theresa was a beautiful person through and through (and I’m not Catholic).

Laura in Maryland on February 20, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Laura in Maryland on February 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Yeah, not sure what happened check my post at 10:10. It’s a really a famous piece that I’ve always been fascinated by. Don’t know what that says about me but the fact is I really like the sculpture but have never been able to peel away the age.

Oldnuke on February 20, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Laura in Maryland on February 20, 2009 at 10:14 PM

There are some that would dispute that assertion. I’m not one but I will say that I remain unconvinced of her beauty.

Oldnuke on February 20, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Anyone know if video, audio or images of Helen were secretly employed by Gitmo interagators?

There have to be limits…….some things are beyond the pale in a civilized society.

moxie_neanderthal on February 20, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Oldnuke on February 20, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I hear ya. I just like that she dedicated her life to trying to make things better, even if she went about it the wrong way some times.

Laura in Maryland on February 20, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Oldnuke on February 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM

That one worked. I understand the sentiment, and might agree but art is in the eye of the beholder, not the artist. The artists sentiment is wonderful, but as we age, the beauty of the skin fails and the true state of the soul comes forth. I suggest that is the reason most find Ms. Thomas objectionable.

Fighton03 on February 20, 2009 at 10:29 PM

“Elections have consequences!”

Anything but cooking with Andy.

Here’s my two cents toward the 500 mark.

I’ve registered to comment more times than an ACORN drive.

shick on February 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM

There so many many millions of examples of shit just like this. It is pervasive across the Western world and the mindset behind it is the weakness that the fascists will exploit as a means to victory.

When liberals like Helen Thomas WAKE UP and realise who they are protecting and who they are attacking, then we can try to stop this gentle, but speedy fall to a position that will see us under the yolk of Islamic supremacism.

Soon it will be too late, but until then all that’s left between us and global Islamic fascism is us.

It’s you and me. It’s the lizards of LGF, it’s the lefties at Harry’s Place in the UK and the Christian Right. We don’t get on too good right now, but it’s time to put that shit behind us and concentrate.

We are the fifth column. It is OUR responsibility to fight this war of worlds on two main fronts: 1) to convince the naive and ignorant that there’s something to fight and 2) to continue shaming fucking idiots like Helen Thomas that she is an appeaser of modern day equivalents of the Nazis and that, by doing so, she goes against every showy “progressive” principal she is supposed to espouse.

Stay strong. Stay fighting. Stay the course and no more arguments.

The enemy is out there and getting stronger.

uptight on February 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM

It not her looks that gets me; it’s just that she sounds just like my wife’s (drunk) grandmother. She is a good women who is not going to die with any full bottles, if you know what I mean.

RedSoxNation on February 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Everyone relax.

See what Helen Thomas causes?

blatantblue on February 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Let’s check the Sugeon General’s label:

Coughing
Dry Mouth
Itchy Watery Eyes
Severe Nausea
Vomiting
Migraine Headache
Abdominal Distension
Dry, Flakey Skin
Erectile Disfunction (accute)
Athelete’s Head
Mange
The Condition Known as “Hot Dog Fingers”
Blindness (Brain takes sight to save the heart)
Cardiac Arrest (if seen suddenly, directly, and without proper warning)
Radiation Poisoning
Cumulative Weight Loss (look at that picture and tell me you feel like eating)
Scabies
Trenchfoot
Bubonic Plague

Now THAT’S “Toxic Journalism”.

SuperCool on February 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Look…

Whoever has been propping this old corpse up: Beware!

It is a criminal offense to mistreat a dead body!

seanrobins on February 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM

By Helen Thomas’ rules, those Germans (“werewolves”) who continued to fight the Allies after Germany’s surrender were also freedom fighters.

The moral equivalence argument sometimes works, but it’s breathtaking in its ignorance here.

unclesmrgol on February 20, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Must be *TIME* for Helen to go to hell or heaven.

OmahaConservative on February 20, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Update: Look, I know you are all having a lot of fun picking on Thomas’ looks,

I wouldn’t worry about that. I heard that $12,000,000 was slipped into the Porkulus for cosmetic surgery for Helen. She’ll be a total babe by next month’s pressers.

All I can say is that my life won’t be complete until we get a nice video of Thomas dozing off in her front row seat … with her head leaning on Ed Shultz’s shoulder. Frankly, I think they made a cute couple when I first caught them sitting together. I was a little disturbed when Thomas said that Shultz had adopted a wide stance in his front row seat next to her. Whoa!

progressoverpeace on February 20, 2009 at 10:54 PM

progressoverpeace on February 20, 2009 at 10:54 PM

If Ed Shultz walks in some morning with a bucket of popcorn, that’s when I stop watching these pressers on CSPN.

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM

“so-called” terrorists? Did they kill “so-called” men, women, and children? As we say down here in Dixie when someone’s a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal, “Bless Her Heart’.

kingsjester on February 20, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Ed,

Who gives a rip about Helen’s physical appearance? She basically called our troops terrorists. And that merits no quarter, as far as I’m concerned.

Christien on February 20, 2009 at 10:59 PM

$12 mil just ain’t enough. It ain’t enough, I tells ya!

Nothing short of a Faustian deal can save Quasimodo.

SuperCool on February 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Look, I know you are all having a lot of fun picking on Thomas’ looks

Excuse me. “So-called” looks.

Ronnie on February 20, 2009 at 11:05 PM

She actually makes more coherent arguments than 90% of the mainstream media.

Metro on February 20, 2009 at 11:06 PM

She actually makes more coherent arguments than 90% of the mainstream media.

Metro on February 20, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Spock has a beard in your world, doesn’t he.

Ronnie on February 20, 2009 at 11:08 PM

She actually makes more coherent arguments than 90% of the mainstream media.

Metro on February 20, 2009 at 11:06 PM

That chimp they shot up in Connecticut could’ve made more coherent arguments than 97% of the mainstreamers.

In it’s death throws.

SuperCool on February 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Who?

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Is going to?

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 11:14 PM

24 more comments to go….

jbh45 on February 20, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Can we all at least agree that it’d be a hoot to replace Gibbs with Thomas?

Christien on February 20, 2009 at 11:14 PM

As a Lutheran Church Missouri Synod’er, according to the eighth commandant I am supposed to put the best construction on her bullshit. How do I do it?

OmahaConservative on February 20, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Push the count?

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Over the top?

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Can we all at least agree that it’d be a hoot to replace Gibbs with Thomas?

Christien on February 20, 2009 at 11:14 PM

A wig, a dress, and bigger glasses and Gibbs becomes Thomas. He just seems like a cross-dresser to me :)

jbh45 on February 20, 2009 at 11:16 PM

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Heh. That would be pretty funny and, given the totally childish nature of our government, I could see this happening.

$12 mil just ain’t enough. It ain’t enough, I tells ya!

SuperCool on February 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Very true, but we have a very frugal Congress, you know. At least Thomas will be able to fix up her left side.

progressoverpeace on February 20, 2009 at 11:16 PM

He just seems like a cross-dresser to me :)

jbh45 on February 20, 2009 at 11:16 PM

You mean he gets angry when he puts his clothes on?

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 11:17 PM

yep, I think he gets his panties all knotted up.

jbh45 on February 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Maybe she should put a move on Murtha. They’ve got a lot in common.

IrishEi on February 20, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Maybe she should put a move on Murtha. They’ve got a lot in common.

IrishEi on February 20, 2009 at 11:19 PM

HEH

OmahaConservative on February 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Maybe she should put a move on Murtha. They’ve got a lot in common.

Ewww, I’m gonna have to have a palate cleanser before hitting the bed tonight. What a nasty image….

jbh45 on February 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM

OmahaConservative on February 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM

HUSKER nation!

jbh45 on February 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM

IrishEi on February 20, 2009 at 11:19 PM

As a good and decent man…though it seldom shows here on HotAir…even I would not wish a Murtha on anyone, let alone Helen Thomas.

coldwarrior on February 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM