Hope and Change: Police pull over man for anti-Obama sign

posted at 12:51 pm on February 19, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

In the good old days of America, one could express dissent without fear of arrest.  In the fascistic regime of George Bush, though, having a bumper sticker that expressed opposition meant getting pulled over by the police and having the Secret Service search your house for signs of “hate”.  Thank goodness the Thought Police days are over!

What’s that?  That didn’t happen during the Bush administration?  Actually, it happened last week:

Chip Harrison said he was driving to work when a police car followed him for several miles and then signaled for him to pull over.

”I pulled over, knowing I hadn’t done anything wrong,” Harrison said in a recent phone interview.

When the officer asked Harrison if he knew why he had been pulled over, Harrison said he did not.

”They said, ‘It’s because of the sign in your window,’” Harrison said.

”It’s not meant to be a threat, it’s a statement about abortion,” Harrison said.

What did the sign say?  “Abort Obama, not the unborn.”  The police officer took that as a threat of assassination instead of its obvious meaning, which was opposition to abortion and to Obama’s support for it.  The report filed by the police officer prompted their Internal Investigations group to apologize and offer to return the sign.  They told Harrison that they informed the Secret Service that no threat was involved, but that didn’t cut much ice with the Treasury.  They sent a pair of agents to ask for a voluntary search of the premises and an interview to make sure Harrison didn’t belong to any hate groups.

What’s next — a Fairness Doctrine for bumper stickers?

Captain Steve McCool of the Oklahoma City PD agrees now that the actions violated Harrison’s First Amendment right to free political speech, but that it was “made right” in the end by returning his sign.  Unfortunately, that’s not so.  The OCPD made it clear that expressions of dissent, even an obviously political one in which Harrison engaged, will be closely scrutinized to see that it passes muster with law enforcement.  For that matter, the Secret Service did the same by “requesting” that Harrison account for his thought processes for publishing his critique of Obama’s policies on abortion.  That does damage to the First Amendment to everyone, not just Harrison.

So much for Hope and Change.

Update: Well, the Secret Service in fact did interrogate a man for his anti-Bush bumper stickers, in August 2001:

The Secret Service has questioned a middle Georgia man whose bumper stickers say “hell with Bush” and call the president a “two-faced murderer.”

And it’s not the first time 58-year-old Jesse Ethredge’s opinion of the commander in chief has landed him in trouble with authorities.

Ethredge’s truck features a cartoon child urinating on the word “Republicans.” The bumper stickers read: “Don’t U blame me,” “Thief, Liar, Two Faced Murderer Geo W. Bush” and “Hell with Bush and all damn Republicans.”

The Secret Service paid him a visit last week, asking what the stickers meant.

This one in 2004 seems more like a threat, though:

A 19-year-old man was paid a visit by two Secret Service agents after neighbors complained about an anti-President Bush sticker on his car.

The black-and-white, postcard-sized paper printed off a Web site and taped on Derek Kjar’s car had a cartoonish depiction of Bush’s head wearing a crown, with the words “King George — off with his head.”

“Off with his head” is a rather blatant call for decapitation, something much different than “Abort Obama”.  Another incident, in which a person got a ticket for an allegedly obscene bumper sticker, did not result in a Secret Service visit, detention, or interrogation, and so is not applicable.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Abort” (the mission, etc.) is threatening enough a word to warrant asking the sign displayer their intentions, just to be safe, especially since “abortion is murder” is a common catchphrase for the pro-life.

D&C Obama” would be more judicious, abstract, and ironical (e.g.: DNC).

profitsbeard on February 19, 2009 at 3:14 PM

CDeb on February 19, 2009 at 3:18 PM

–You’re in Texas, now, No Donkey—the promised land. Try to put those bad D.C. and VA memories behind you. (I wouldn’t call the cops down here “bubbas” though–at least not to their faces).

I like to remember DC/VA/MD when the weather is lousy up there and it’s 70 and sunny here by the Alamo.

Also when I drive around and every other car doesn’t have a “Obama”, “Kerry/Edwards”, “Gore/Sharpton” and/or “F*** Bush” sticker on it.

Luv it here. Now if I can just get some lousy Democrat to lease my old condo up there, I’ll be living in hog heaven down here on Texas BBQ.

NoDonkey on February 19, 2009 at 3:19 PM

CDeb–Anyone with intent to actually harm the President isn’t going to advertise his intentions.

Didn’t the killers at Virginia Tech, Columbine and the Colorado Church send emails or have websites or Facebook pages announcing their plans?

jim m on February 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Life is good, No Donkey. And so’s the BBQ. Good luck on getting the condo leased.

jim m on February 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM

“D&C Obama” would be more judicious, abstract, and ironical (e.g.: DNC).

profitsbeard on February 19, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I would agree with you, except “abort” like “gay” is tied to an issue that isn’t necessarily conveyed in it’s dictionary meaning, but is very, very widely known. The sign even had unborn on it as well. We are now arguing over whether the officer was a retard, or an ass, and me personally I would rather go with ass. I can wake up tomorrow in a better mood and not be an ass.

DFCtomm on February 19, 2009 at 3:23 PM

That would unfairly target Subarus. And, in the case of family-monied-Liberals, Audis.

Montana on February 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

What…you mean they don’t walk the walk?????? lol

It wouldn’t help JeffWash. I’ve seen those cars with Obama stickers and they’re pretty beat up already.

Now when Obama buys them all new ones, you might just have sumthin there.

hawkdriver on February 19, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I live in the People’s Republik of Kalifornia….plenty of limosine liberals here.

Fighton03 on February 19, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Touche.

CDeb on February 19, 2009 at 3:25 PM

The man simply did not want America burdened with the baby president …

PackerBronco on February 19, 2009 at 3:27 PM

The man simply did not want America burdened with the baby president …

PackerBronco on February 19, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Youch.

Key West Reader on February 19, 2009 at 3:34 PM

It’s a good thing that Obama is against The Censorship Doctrine, or is he? The Congress need not pass a bill to silence opposition on the radio, the FCC merely has to adopt the policy.
There is a law firm who defended a decorated Iraq officer for the so-called Haditha Massacre, (brought to you by Murtha and that vile media ho, what’s his name? McGurk?) They will need our support…Official site:

Christine on February 19, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Montana on February 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

What…you mean they don’t walk the walk?????? lol

All I know is that in my town, after we go an Audi dealership, all the liberals I knew tried to get one, and most succeeded. Then they replaced their bumper stickers from the Subaru to the Audi.

It was pretty funny. My town went from overrun with Subarus to overrun with Audi’s almost overnight. Luckily we’ve escaped the inversion caused by Hybrid drivers.

But the “Be a Yokel, Buy Local” bumper stickers on all the foreign cars cracks me up.

N.B. I own a Toyota. I’ll never buy a Union made American car.

Montana on February 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Hey! I just remembered that I have an old “Abort Rocky” button in my collection of old political buttons. I guess I’d better turn myself in to the authorities.

Y-not on February 19, 2009 at 3:41 PM

N.B. I own a Toyota. I’ll never buy a Union made American car.

Montana on February 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM

If things go right you will not be able to. Down with unions.

Wade on February 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Dissent is patriotic Illegal Hate speech.

**Subject to change with the next administration without notice.

gekkobear on February 19, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I don’t think any of this rises to the level of an actual threat, even the stuff about Bush. If you could only look into my mind and see the bumper stickers I have contemplated about Obama… :)

PersonalLiberty on February 19, 2009 at 3:58 PM

An anti-Bush bumper sticker has led to a battle over First Amendment freedom of speech rights for one nurse working on assignment at Emory University Hospital.

On March 10, nurse Denise Grier was surprised to find a police officer behind her with the lights on his patrol car flashing.

“I didn’t think he was pulling me over,” she said. “I wasn’t doing anything wrong.”

But when Grier slowed down, the officer followed suit. He cited Grier with violating a state law prohibiting lewd or profane stickers and decals on vehicles.

The bumper sticker for which Grier was pulled over takes a dig at President Bush. It reads “I’m Tired of All the BUSHIT.”

This from 3/2006. It happens. Wouldn’t put too much stock into it. The s*#t that pisses me of is when there’s a blatant double-standard. That’s un-American.

RepubChica on February 19, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Excellent idea, but in the interest of fairness (and delicious irony), you should apply said bummper stickers over existing Obama/Socialist cause bumper stickers.

Fighton03 on February 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM

You know in light of the mental might of most Obama supporters we could probably work this so they key their own cars and we could sell tickets.

Oldnuke on February 19, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I recall eight years of seeing photos representing President Bush being executed in all sorts of fashions. A movie about him getting killed, and all types of nuanced comments by celebrities wishing for the demise of The President of The United States.

Now we have local Gestapo agents in uniform pulling over motorists for exercising their freedom of speech.

Intolerance will not be tolerated in the New America.

Hening on February 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Abort – To terminate an operation or procedure, as with a project, missile, airplane, or space vehicle, before completion.

nottakingsides on February 19, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I can’t believe you frothy mouthed people can’t even read. I guess YOU are products of the socialist school system. It is not “Civilian Expeditionary Forces” you idiots! It is “Civilian Expeditionary WORKforces.” We have used them for over a half a century. I remember, the DACs or civilian contractors made KP so much more pleasant. Modern forces use them as gateguards and grass ninjas (lawn workers).

I guess this thread is very successful for Ed. You guys have wandered so far from the subject, I hardly recognize you. And, I see Drywall is here. It is always entertaining to see his selective knowledge and huberus on display.

Criminitleys folks. The cop made a mistake and got reamed by the whole department. How many of you have screwed up at work and hoped the boss didn’t fire you? You guys are acting like a bunch of wahabis trying to stone some woman.

Old Country Boy on February 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM

None of these people should’ve been visited by the Secret Service. Having a bumper sticker doesn’t make you an assassin.

It might make you rude, though. I mean, c’mon, the President is still the leader of our country.

hawksruleva on February 19, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Old Country Boy on February 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM

No, sending the secret service to the guy’s house and asking him to explain his positions is not a “mistake”. The arresting cop was a moron, but the rest is creepily sinister. I don’t understand why people aren’t shouting about this from the rooftops. We are being intimidated.

Fortunata on February 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Most saddles have a suede or leather seat, and are large enough to house a batter pack. It probably wouldn’t be difficult to rig a heated one up.

DFCtomm on February 19, 2009 at 2:43 PM

You’re too funny. Suede? This would be a piece of crap.
There are nylon saddles out there. Weird.
Leather-is cold in the winter, but I’m just a whiner.
My butt will eventually get it warmed up.
My husband would just tell me to man up & grow a pair.
If I had a ‘heated’ saddle every man would laugh at me for a mile!
I will just man up.
Whiner out.

Badger40 on February 19, 2009 at 5:18 PM

So… does this mean I can still hang Sarah Palin in effigy with impunity??

locomotivebreath1901 on February 19, 2009 at 5:22 PM

A lot of them will pull you over and search your vehicle for any pretense whatsoever.

Been there, done that.

Fourth Amendment? First Amendment? Those don’t exist out on the street.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 19, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Crap, guess I have to lose my “I SURVIVED ROE v WADE” bumper sticker.

Don’t want to get hassled by the man while DWW…

DamnYankee on February 19, 2009 at 5:34 PM

IT’s not just that obama is for abortion, he also voted for a form of infanticide.. ie that babies who survived abortions could be thrown into a storeroom to die of dehydration, exposure and starvation.. Nice guy eh??

BTW – this isn’t the first person to get a secret service visit over the issue. There was a woman during the campaign that was called on here cellphone by an obmamaminion. She said some not nice things about obies stance on abortion (nothing threatening that I know of). She got the SS rectal exam.

I think this is going to get worse. Obie will start using ‘political loyalty’ as a test for appointments and promotions in the SS. Give him a year or so and the rank and File SS agent will forget their oath is to the constitiution and instead believe their oath is to obama and the leftwing ideology.

If the SS can poke it’s nose into a man’s home on a pretext like that, then we are deeply screwed. Yes, they have to protect the president, but this seems a bit reactionary.

Give it two years and having a Palin 2012 sticker on your car will get you a visit.

bullseye on February 19, 2009 at 5:40 PM

You’re too funny. Suede? This would be a piece of crap.
There are nylon saddles out there. Weird.
Leather-is cold in the winter, but I’m just a whiner.
My butt will eventually get it warmed up.
My husband would just tell me to man up & grow a pair.
If I had a ‘heated’ saddle every man would laugh at me for a mile!
I will just man up.
Whiner out.

Badger40 on February 19, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I’m not all that familiar with horses even though I’m from horse country Kentucky, but what I’m thinking of isn’t completely smooth like leather, but has a texture similar to suede like work boots. That’s the materials that I have, in my limited experience, seen being used as saddle seats.
The problem just caught my interest, so I was curious about it.

DFCtomm on February 19, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Fortunata on February 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM

It’s not sinister, it’s just mundane. Once a city police force notifies the secret service about a possible threat there will be an investigation, valid or not. Thanks to the law of CYA once that investigation gets started it’s going to be just as thorough as a legit one. It’s just covering your ass(CYA).

DFCtomm on February 19, 2009 at 5:48 PM

No, just one of those cute little yellow signs:
”Warning Killer on board”

sannhet on February 19, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I say this was pure racism.
Black cop – white civilian driver.
I guess he was really bothered that there was a sign that made a slam against “the One” (TM).
As an ex-crime-figher, I can just imagine how his supervisors and city attorneys scrambled to humbly send the “abort Obama” sign back to its rightful owner as they all KNOW they are open to civil litigation on this.

ObamatheMessiah on February 19, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I really appreciate the Americans who have kept their “OBAMA 08″ stickers on their cars. I like to know who I need to thank.

anniekc on February 19, 2009 at 6:12 PM

This is what civil suits are made for. Civil rights were violated. Not that the bastards at the ACLU would object since the sign was anti-filthy liar.

highhopes on February 19, 2009 at 6:19 PM

anniekc on February 19, 2009 at 6:12 PM

I still laugh when I see the idiots with Kerry/Edwards stickers on their cars. I want to know how that is working out for them.

highhopes on February 19, 2009 at 6:22 PM

It’s not sinister, it’s just mundane.

It’s both. Tyranny (if that’s not too archaic a word) is actually carried out by little people “just doing their jobs” or “just following orders”. I hope he sues.

Fortunata on February 19, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Wasn’t a woman arrested by Clinton’s Secret Service for flipping him off?? I seem to remember something like that.
I can certainly understand investigating serious and outright threats or suspicions of any threats,, but when does it simply become using the power of the state to crush dissent??
Both Obama and Clinton have called supporters of their proposals “patriots.” So,, by their definition,, (of course, Hitlery said the opposite under Bush, disagreeing with Bush was true patriotism)if you do not support their proposals,, you are not a patriot.
So,, some guy gets a visit for a bumper sticker,,, did they go and visit the company that made the sticker?? Or the stores where it was sold???
What about the secret information revealed by New York Times that hindered the war on terror??
When was the last time you heard anyone being investigated for treason?? Isn’t treason a serious crime and a threat to the nation as well??? Or is it just the little people with bumper stickers that get investigated????
Actually,, I think it’s the tax paying Americans who need some body guards right now,, along with the constitution. Where do we and the constitution turn for protection???

JellyToast on February 19, 2009 at 6:31 PM

anniekc on February 19, 2009 at 6:12 PM

That’s like when you walk up to an enemy in front of their house and say, “so this is where you and your family live, nice house….”

AprilOrit on February 19, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I remember the first time I saw a “Buck Fush” bumper sticker. I could not belive someone would put that on their car. Now I am looking on the anti-Obama sights eyeing the “Buck OFama” line…..

Rockygold on February 19, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Er – apologies for typos…believe not belive and sites not sights sorry I was typing fast as the Girl Scout cookies have just arrived…

Rockygold on February 19, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Rockygold on February 19, 2009 at 6:52 PM

I ma dying for some GS cookies….

AprilOrit on February 19, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I put no stickers on my vehicles because of the waco’s out there that will destroy your vehicle just to make their statement a little stronger than yours. It’s just not worth the hassle. Some of these waco’s wear a badge.

mixplix on February 19, 2009 at 7:12 PM

It’s just not worth the hassle. Some of these waco’s wear a badge.

mixplix on February 19, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Most of them do not. They are cowards that will key your car. The filthy liar’s supporters have never been upstanding citizens. They are deadbeats who love all the social welfare the liar has brought to their lives. Why give them entertainment between welfare checks by putting something on your car they can object to.

highhopes on February 19, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Aside from the obvious unconstitutional behaviour of these brownshirts officials, one question came to my mind: since when did “abortion” mean “murder/assassination”?? I thought “abortion” simply meant ending a pregnancy by removing a blob of cells??

“Abort Obama” simply means to impeach him. “Abort” means “to end”, i.e. impeach. Seems that the OCPD *and* the Secret Service is admitting that “abortion” is equivalant to “murder”. Curiouser and curiouser.

-Aslan’s Girl

PS Sorry if this point was made already, I hadn’t time to read all four pages.

Aslans Girl on February 19, 2009 at 8:47 PM

And, obviously, I only needed to read page 1 to see the point already made by Leopold Stotch, CaptainObvious, Bishop, etc!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on February 19, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Who are these people? More concerned about a mere sign than the actual babies that are aborted or subjected to partial birth abortion?

miron on February 19, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I live in the Oklahoma City area and this story baffles me. I don’t ascribe this to some “new world order” or “thought police” action. I think it was a knuckleheaded move by a OKCPD officer. Why? I don’t know. I’ll always give the people that wear the uniform the benefit of the doubt so let’s be generous and say he was just having a bad day and was being a jerk-off.

As to the Secret Service investigating this, I have NO PROBLEM with that. If they get word that there’s someone that the local PD thinks is a threat, I want them to look into it. I do not support Obama’s policies, but I WANT the Secret Service to fully investigate even the seemingly silly “threats” against the POTUS. I WANT them to err on the side of being overly thorough. You don’t joke about bombs in the security line at the airport and you don’t make threats against the POTUS.

I’m going to chalk this one up to a lot of to-do about not much (not much = a stupid call on behalf of a local cop)

mctowler on February 19, 2009 at 9:45 PM

After all of the “Buck Fush” bumper stickers I saw in CA this seems a bit tame.

mad scientist on February 19, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Here’s mine. And they can kiss my arse.

“When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny.”

First time in my life I’ve been afraid of my government.

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on February 19, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Speaking of bumper stickers: I really want one that says:

I would rather walk than ride the Harry Reid Smelly Tourist Train.

also:

PROUD Member of the Chattering Class.

TN Mom on February 19, 2009 at 10:50 PM

THERE IS A BLACK CRIME WAVE TAKING PLACE IN AMERICA — HERE ARE THE FACTS: while white criminals choose black victims three percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time. Black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, and black-on-white robberies are 139 times more common than the reverse. About this epidemic of black assaults on whites, we hear nothing from SFGATE and the rest of the mainstream media.

searcher484 on February 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM

So Obama somehow directed the actions of the police officer? Did anything come out of Washington in the direction the police precinct in question that could suggest this stop (however wrong) was in ANY WAY tied with Obama?

radiofreevillage on February 19, 2009 at 11:05 PM

In a parking lot in Dallas, I saw a pickup truck with a bumper sticker that read:

“1/20/13… or sooner.”

I asked the guy what “or sooner meant.” He told me that meant it impeachment, of course, and smiled that sickening smile.

wordwarp on February 20, 2009 at 12:41 AM

I live in Northern CA and I saw an “Abort Bush” bumper sticker before the Bush/Kerry election. That was all it said. I bet those losers weren’t ever pulled over or interrogated. More than likely the all the looney libs out here praised them.

artchick on February 20, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Borderline; If I were a cop I wouldn’t pull the guy over for that sign, if is said 0bama, Bush or any other President. But I would think about it for a moment, and make at least a mental note. You just shouldn’t threaten the President even obliquely.

Expressing the same feeling ‘safely’ would be something like:

Abortion is wrong. Except for Ann Dunham

LegendHasIt on February 20, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Someone give Bush a hand will ya? He took the punishment right up to having shoes thrown at him. I’m surprised he didn’t catch one and throw it back and the guy. That man may the last you see of someone with some real gonads for a while.

johnnyU on February 20, 2009 at 7:08 AM

‘That man’ being Bush of course.

johnnyU on February 20, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Rule #1: No warrant, no entry, no exceptions.

What if there was a copy of American Rifleman on his kitchen counter? There’s one on mine. Not to mention receipts for ammunition purchases, or bore snakes hung up in the garage to dry.

Nothing good can come from being nice and letting them in.

Bruce in NH on February 20, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Threats against the president are something you should take seriously, dumbass.

Dave Rywall on February 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I am not ignoring anything – Jill Stanek for instance and most Pro-Lifers call abortion MURDER, they call abortion doctors baby likkers as in Tiller the baby killer.

AprilOrit on February 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Is abortion murder?

Johan Klaus on February 20, 2009 at 9:05 AM

What do you mean by “crew“?

Are you some kind of hater Bishop?

Montana on February 19, 2009 at 2:14 PM

You people should not talk like that.

Johan Klaus on February 20, 2009 at 9:16 AM

PM

Who preferred his bed wenches to his wife….

AprilOrit on February 19, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.”
– Thomas Jefferson Some ignorant dumbass slaveowner.

CDeb on February 19, 2009 at 2:29

Who do you prefer, Thomas Jefferson or William Jefferson?

Johan Klaus on February 20, 2009 at 9:28 AM

DFCtomm on February 19, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I really wasn’t giving you $hit.
I visit my G-ma ever summer in S IN. I am planning on trying & visiting KY this summer-especially Mercer co.
I’m an amateur genealogist & lots of my ancestors are from there.
You live in a beautiful state!

Badger40 on February 20, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Threats against the president are something you should take seriously, dumbass.

Dave Rywall on February 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I agree. So people like Michael Moore & all the Hollywood folks who have made incendiary movies & statements about Bush should have been thoroughly investigated.
But they weren’t.
How interesting it doesn’t go both ways.
This is what we are really peeved about.

Badger40 on February 20, 2009 at 9:57 AM

PM

Who preferred his bed wenches to his wife….

AprilOrit on February 19, 2009 at 2:32 PM
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.”
– Thomas Jefferson Some ignorant dumbass slaveowner.

CDeb on February 19, 2009 at 2:29
Who do you prefer, Thomas Jefferson or William Jefferson?

Johan Klaus on February 20, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Neither – they are both Democrats.

AprilOrit on February 20, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Is abortion murder?

Johan Klaus on February 20, 2009 at 9:05 AM

My Pro-Life friends say yes.

AprilOrit on February 20, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I hate The Messiah and his lies and his radical agenda and his hatred for America, but HIS IS the POTUS and as such ALL threats real or precieved MUST be taken serious…

The One represents America, like it or not, and he should be safe and secure…

This time, I side with being over-protective…

Mark Garnett on February 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM

My Pro-Life friends say yes.

AprilOrit on February 20, 2009 at 10:29 AM

What do you say?

Johan Klaus on February 20, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I was so incense to read about this on Ms Malkin’s blog.

I live in OK City. I have spent much time promoting Oklahoma and asserting what a good bastion of conservatism and decent place to live it is. I would expect this kind of behavior in Tulsa, the liberal part of the State. Not here.

I’m tempted to put a bumper sticker on my vehicle that says:

“I voted for McCain: please don’t arrest me.”

or maybe:

“Impeach Obama (unless that’s illegal).”

Oh my Gawd… I put a video on Youtube demonstrating what it would be like if the rocket attacks Israel suffered happened here in the OKC metro area… can I expect a visit from the gov’t now?

Gully Foyle on February 20, 2009 at 1:15 PM