Video: The Spendocrats

posted at 1:34 pm on February 16, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

The NRSC has a new microsite launch today regarding Porkulus.  TheSpendocrats.com kicks off with this two-minute web ad lambasting Congressional Democrats for spending money without even realizing where it would go — a very effective attack:

The site has plenty of meat on the bone here, including a section devoted to the pork in Porkulus. This video is an instant classic:

Be sure to check it out, but the NRSC has a couple of questions to answer itself. Since it’s going on the offensive on Porkulus, will this mean that the NRSC will withhold funds from the Porkulus 3 in 2010 and beyond? Or will they share resources with Arlen Specter, Susan Collins, and Olympia Snowe despite their surrender to the Spendocrats?

After all, Porkulus wouldn’t have prevailed had it not been for the Spendicans.

Comments

How can Speaker Witch-elosi sleep at night? An 1100-page bill submitted to the Senate for voting about 12 hours later? Assuming 1 minute per page it would take 18 hours to read the whole thing. I think a forced vote in such a short time is criminal negligence on her part. This whole process stinks to high heaven. I hope she’s enjoying her time in Italy…

And to think that the president has the unmitigated GALL to tell America last week that this bill has NO PORK. Bush never lied, Obama has already done so repeatedly.

cannonball on February 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM

The Spendocrats and the Spendicans should be tarred and feathered and locked in pillories like in the Colonial era.

OmahaConservative on February 16, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I’m heading to Downtown Seattle to protest this madness in about an hour.

God Save the Republic.

gmoonster on February 16, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Pelosi didn’t let anyone outside her inner circle have any say in what went into the bill, why should she be concerned if they had a chance to read it either.

MarkTheGreat on February 16, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Um alot of those programs look like good things that will work well at home. Tone Deaficans describes the GOP right now.

DeathToMediaHacks on February 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM

How can Speaker Witch-elosi sleep at night?

It’s easy when you don’t care about anything but Socializing America and spending your grandchildrens money as fast as possible.

tempestleo on February 16, 2009 at 1:44 PM

“Pelosi’s mouse slated for $30M slice of cheese…”

OmahaConservative on February 16, 2009 at 1:44 PM

If this was NRCC it would have some validity. The NRSC…clean up your own house!

WashJeff on February 16, 2009 at 1:44 PM

People who don’t worship or oppose The One, i.e. most people, are watching. Dear Leader et al now own this steaming tub of lard, and everything that results. His honeymoon is already fading. When this crap hits the fan it will be over. Take heart, its far from over.

swede7 on February 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on February 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Don’t you mean “alot of those programs looks like things that should have gone through appropriations committees, with proper oversite, review and transparency”?

tempestleo on February 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM

The vids are ok, but what needs to be articulated more, IMO, is that no matter what party one identifies with, the need to curb spending is paramount right now.

I’m a conservative, but I am under NO illusions about the fiscal irresponsibility of the GOP over the past 8 years. I’ve nearly left the party a few times, because of it. Yes, we’re fighting two wars, which I support, but much of the rest of the spending for the past 8 years has been a total reversal of what being fiscally conservative is all about.

We do not further conservative ideals (which this country was founded on, by the way), when we embrace ideologies and tactics from the other side.

President Reagan won the “Reagan Democrat” votes because he was able to articulate just why conservatism is better for the every day “Jane” and “Jim”, as opposed to liberalism.

The conservatives (not RINO’s) in both houses of congress need to start ACTING conservative. Standing up against legislation that goes against core conservative ideals is most important. Yes, bipartisianship is how things are supposed to work, and I’m not suggesting we become a party of nothing but obstructionists. Still, when core conservative principals are threatened, someone has to take a stand and fight for them. Even if that stand is taken in the face of known defeat.

Talismen on February 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM

DeathToMediaHack

Yes, there is some substantive meat in the bill. But there is a ridiculous amount of pork and wasteful spending that America simply cannot afford. Are you denying that there’s pork in this bill? Are you saying that this bill is a good bill?

ToneDeaf is not applicable here. We (conservatives) are the ones trying to keep America safe. It is the KoolAde punch-drunk Obama supporters that are in a long-term state of denial. Can’t you see the reality we face today???

cannonball on February 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Pelosi is like a bad combination of Senile Grandma and Barbie. She doesn’t remember how stupid and uninformed she really is. But that doesn’t matter because she thinks she’s pretty. And as long as she continues to interview w/ only Mr. Snuffolufogus on ABC, no hard questions will be asked. We now owe more than the combined GDP of the entire world and her concern is a mouse in San Francisco. It is utter madness and this will not end well.

lm10001 on February 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM

As a Texan, I contacted Senator Coryn’s office. The person answering the phone could not assure me that dollars sent to NRSC would be withheld from Snowe, Collins, or Specter. I told them I was going to recommend that people support individual senators rather than the committee.

I also called my representative Chet Edwards(recommended by Pelosi as Obama’s VP and on his short list). His office couldn’t provide me the name or names of anyone on his staff who had read the bill.

Margee on February 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM

As far as our Democracy is concerned: “Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-That’s all folks!”

(That’s Porky Pig if you didn’t know. I’m trying to keep Cybercipher happy.)

darclon on February 16, 2009 at 1:48 PM

The outrage has only just begun, and it is only a matter of time before the irresponsibility of this bill and this congress come to the forefront of most Americans anger. Especially when this porkulus bill fails to create anything but inflation.

daverenkel on February 16, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Web ads: They brought us victory in 08, so let’s continue to use them.

lorien1973 on February 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Wait I thought they said there was no pork or earmarks in this bill. Ugh that’s what I get for beliving the politicians.
/sarc

Brat4life on February 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM

cannonball on February 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Obama lied, America died.

ladyingray on February 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I think we should let the world economy collapse. Then when we get back to a survival of the fittest mode we can roll back the clock to 1948. That would come right after the Mad Max era. Just sayin………

sonnyspats1 on February 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM

How can Speaker Witch-elosi sleep at night?

Because Pelosi doesn’t actually sleep, she just hangs by her feet in her office closet and replenishes energy.

Bishop on February 16, 2009 at 1:50 PM

one does not need sleep when one is not human, no?

Ris4victory on February 16, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Talismen

Agreed Talismen. Bush DID spend like a drunken Democrat (stuff like millions to Africa for AIDS research, or millions to Mexico to strengthen ITS southern border). Sadly, his spending is dwarfed by the current legislation, and apparently the Dems think that since Bush went a little nuts that they can go totally nuts.

Perhaps Al Qaeda will get lucky and explode a nuke in the DC area?

(/sarc)

cannonball on February 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Porky, is that Chucky Schumer’s new nickname?

Johnson on February 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM

After all, Porkulus wouldn’t have prevailed had it not been for the Spendicans.

Yes, we know those guys suck, and we should do everything we can to take them out the next time they stand in a Republican primary.

That being said, it’s time to stop whining about these guys and make the Democrats OWN this bill, because they are the ones that wrote it.

thirteen28 on February 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Oh and what about the line item veto?

That’s right it was voted against. There is no such thing

Oh We’re Screwed.

Brat4life on February 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on February 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM

You can’t really be that dumb. The current crisis is an INSOLVENCY crisis. America is BROKE and too many foreign countries own the massive debt we already have.

We either borrow yet more from those countries to fund these wish-list projects, thereby ceding yet more of our economic sovereignty to non-Americans, or we print more money and put the value of the dollar in the tank.

America needs a fundamental change toward the shrinking, rather than the expansion of the smash-and-grab urgent-stimulus multi-trillion-dollar handout-of-borrowed-money culture that government has now become.

One does not SPEND one’s way out of being BROKE…

Edouard on February 16, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I think I have a way to court the trial lawyers to the conservative side. Trial lawyers need something to sue. I propose the following amendment to our constitution:

The states or the people thereof shall have the right to contest the constitutionality of federal laws in federal courts and constitutional elgibility of people running for elected federal positions provided for by the constitution.

As long as we can raise some money to fund the suits. The lawyers should have plenty of targets. Now how do we get this amendment???

WashJeff on February 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Just came across a nice Ben Franklin quotation that sums up the bill for me:

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Thanks, Obama, Congressional Democrats, the Three Amigos, and voters who ushered Obama into office.

Cowards.

BuckeyeSam on February 16, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Okay, lets get past the Bush years and the irresponsible Republican Congress. That is over, and I for one would like to start concentrating on the here and now. We all know the past, but it is up to us to build the foundation of the future. The place to start would be to start the replacement of Sentors Spector, Collins, and Snowe in the next election cycle.

daverenkel on February 16, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Dingy Harry & Nanny vs. America

This war is lost…

swede7 on February 16, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Hi all, I’m a newbie, and here’s my take:

We Don’t Get Fooled in ‘10

And the world looks just ain’t the same
And the history they sure ain’t changed
‘Cause Che banners, they all flown in the last war Chi Wards

I’ll tip my hat to the new OLD constitution
Won’t take a bow for the new revolution destitution
Frown and spit Smile and grin at the hope ‘n change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday?
No, no!

I’ll move myself and my family aside
‘Cause our freedoms won’t If we happen to be left half alive
I’ll get all my papers bloglinks and smile, at the sky satisfied
For I know that the hypnotized hypnotizers never always lie

Do ya?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There’s nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye Stimuli
Pork-spending trillions by And the partying on the left
Backstabbing RINOS Is now the partying on the right
And they’ve turned us into Zimbabwe the beards have all grown longer overnight

I’ll tip my hat to the new old constitution
Take a bow for the Right Revolution
Frown and spit Smile and grin at the hopey/changey all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I’ll get on my knees and pray
We don’t get fooled again in ‘10
Don’t get fooled again in ‘10
No, no!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
Hussein’s win is you’re loss

Sweet_Thang on February 16, 2009 at 1:57 PM

To all you young libs- THIS IS NOT CHANGE.

This is EXACTLY what our recent “Compassionate Conservative” POTUS along with a spineless RINO and Democrat Congress has been doing to this country for the past 8 years.

THIS is what real CONSERVATIVES have been railing AGAINST since Bush 1.

Conservatism HAS NOT FAILED- W was NOT a CONSERVATIVE. He NEVER vetoed a spending bill.

This is the part of W’s presidency that COST HIM core conservative support. Except that Obama is a foreign policy innocent in way over his head- His fiscal policy is Carter/W redo (only worse)

ExTex on February 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Oh God… PLEASE don’t start using the words “Spendocrats” the even more dubious “Spendicans”. PLEEEEEASE.

And you’re only encouraging new registrants.

DaveS on February 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I hope the guy who created all those great online ads for McCain–the ones that eviscerated Obama–gets involved with this.

The situation in Congress is less Looney Tunes and more One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. Pelosi as Ratched. Cantor et al as Nicholson. The Dems want to lobotomize the electorate.

EMD on February 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM

President Obama has shown little leadership in the entire process. His weakness has allowed others to fill the gap with pork. I am concerned that he is in over his head. So little leadership experience, so little experience with the rough and tumble arguments experienced in the court room or political arena combined with a blinding ego may produce doubt here in the USA and give the appearance of ineptness abroad.

tullius on February 16, 2009 at 2:00 PM

This bill is just one early step in the fall of America.
As America goes, so goes the world.

Before Obama ends his 1st 4 years, we will see 50% unemployment.

The Sub-prime lending policy is the first cousin to Mugabe’s white land grab.

I am starting to think that there may be something to the Mayan calender ending in 2012.

TheSitRep on February 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Mr. Schumer: you should be ashamed of your arrogance, calling your own taxpayers “the chattering class” and insulting us by looking down on billions, or even $1 million of OUR money as a “tiny” matter, not worthy of your concern. Playing fast and loose with our money and insulting us in the process is no way to woo voters. But…you don’t seem to be smart enough to realize that we get it, and that you can only insult us for so long, before we will bounce you and your ‘tiny’ fiscal conscience out of a job. Who did he think he was talking to? And who did he think was going “Right On!” with him??? It’s baffling!

CatyMac on February 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM

BuckeyeSam on February 16, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Oh, how the Left loooooved to throw that line the last 8 years when talking about the Patriot Act, or warrantless surveillance. High time we crammed it down their throats for a while.

Sauce for the goose, I say.

rockmom on February 16, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Here is the point:

The members of our government DON’T CARE what the People think. The day has come, inasmuch as the People are now powerless to do anything, that the People have only to shut up and let the State dictate its will.

This is the new America. I knew that this day would come.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I am glad they passed this bill. I hope they pass another one (as they are talking already about doing). And then I hope they heap on all the other things promised during the presidential campaign. The more acute the pain, the sooner the leftist extremism of Obama and Pelosi will be discredited. Republicans can then retake the presidency in 2012 – perhaps with a strong and articulate conservative – and moderate Democrats will be more likely (not necessarily likely but more likely) to rise to positions of party leadership and replace the current extremists.

axis_of_weasel on February 16, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Nice GOP ad. Too bad they were spending like drunken sailors when they were in power. How do they have any credibility?

Libertarian Joseph on February 16, 2009 at 2:09 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on February 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM

There may be some short term relief in very limited areas within some of this spending, but long term doesn’t look so good.

Also, there are provisions in the bill that are very troubling. Do you have no problem with the condition that schools who receive these funds for refurbishment must now exclude religion based groups from using their premises?
Many new churches pay for the use of the multi purpose rooms of schools to hold their weekend services. This would no longer be allowed. Boy Scouts would also be barred.

That’s just one of the little caveats that are hidden in here. That is what scares me the most. When one cedes power to an entity for money, one must expect to dance to the tune of that entity.

You may not mind having your strings pulled by this group, I prefer to be a real American and have no strings to hold me down.

Jvette on February 16, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I heard rush mention a lawsuit for governmental negligence would be in order,, since these people admitted to voting on a bill they did not even read. They could have just passed legislation that outlawed their own offices for all they knew.

JellyToast on February 16, 2009 at 2:09 PM

ExTex on February 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Well said, ExTex. Well said.

This is the message that the “new” GOP needs to get out under Steele.

UltimateBob on February 16, 2009 at 2:10 PM

This is an empty gesture. Only we (the choir) will hear about it. Unimpressed.

Trent1289 on February 16, 2009 at 2:10 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
Hussein’s win is you’re loss

Sweet_Thang on February 16, 2009 at 1:57 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Loved that post!

We won’t get fooled in ’10!

Re the web ads–they’re OK, but they need to be shortened to 30 seconds and run on TV during the 2010 campaign, in all Senate seats up for election in 2010 except Maine. Get them ready for the PRIMARY campaign in PA!

Steve Z on February 16, 2009 at 2:14 PM

“Um alot of those programs look like good things that will work well at home.”

“Looking good” is now the prerequisite for spending?

Or is $50 MILLION for a tidal-marsh mouse in San Francisco Bay a good way to ‘stimulate the economy’?

GarandFan on February 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM

You are the weakest links. GOODBYE.

sonofdy on February 16, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Perhaps Al Qaeda will get lucky and explode a nuke in the DC area?

(/sarc)

cannonball on February 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Yep…in one bill – one massive bill – Obama is on his way to out-spend Bush (43), and he cannot blame the spending on fighting two wars at their most expensive points in time.

Talismen on February 16, 2009 at 2:25 PM

We get labeled as the “chattering class” because these clowns (on both sides) keep getting re-elected despite clearly not fulfilling their oath of serving their constituents. When we vote them out and the political class finally realizes that we WILL fire them, then we regain control of the asylum.

search4truth on February 16, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I think Steele must answer the question about funding the 3 traitors before I give them any money.

tarpon on February 16, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Republicans can then retake the presidency in 2012 –

You are forgetting ACORN. The election in 2012 will be fixed and no one will do a damn thing about it. I fear we will have Obama for life. And yes, I’m serious.

jewells45 on February 16, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I think its a shame that America has fallen for the ultimate Nigerian scam

William Amos on February 16, 2009 at 2:48 PM

So, it is true! Our 111th Congress is the Scarlet Letter of FDR! Good bye, laissez-faire economics.

GabrielDD on February 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I have no doubt whatsoever that in 2010 Americans will vote for the same Congressional reps we have now. Guaranteed. We are all sheep. We don`t pay attention to what goes on in our schools, cities, states or country.

Congress had a 9% voter approval rating on election day and we voted the same knuckleheads back to DC.

Walk down any street USA and ask random people who is their representative in congress and most don`t know. Most couldn`t tell who is the current VP. Voters walk in to the voting booth and select the name they either know or pick the current rep because they are unfamiliar with the other names.

People are good at complaining but do nothing to help or improve their nation.

Americans don`t even know their own Constitution!! Quick!! How many articles are in the Constitution?? How many amendments are there?? Which article describes the Supreme Court?? See, you don`t know!!

Capitalism = Freedom and Prosperity
Socialism = Poverty and Despair
Poverty and Despair = Communism
Communism = Death

whyyeseyec on February 16, 2009 at 3:13 PM

The only people that will see those web ads are Hot Air readers and a few other blogs readers.
Both ads – zzzzzzzzzz. Snoozers. (And too late. It’s over.)
The first one looked like a “best of” Fox news clips. TV journalists (no matter which side they are on) have credibility?

albill on February 16, 2009 at 3:20 PM

What a stinking douchebag Schumer is……..an absolute elitist scumbag of the highest order.

guitarguy on February 16, 2009 at 3:20 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
Hussein’s win is you’re loss

Sweet_Thang on February 16, 2009 at 1:57 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Loved that post!

We won’t get fooled in ‘10!

Steve Z on February 16, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I’m glad SOMEONE liked it!

Here’s a partial reprint for any that missed it:

I’ll move myself and my family aside inside
‘Cause our freedoms won’t If we happen to be left half alive
I’ll get all my papers bloglinks and smile, at the sky satisfied
For I know that the hypnotized hypnotizers never always lie

Do ya?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There’s nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye by Stimuli
Pork-spending trillions by And the partying on the left
Backstabbing RINOS Is now the partying on the right
And they’ve turned us into Zimbabwe the beards have all grown longer overnight

I’ll tip my hat to the new OLD constitution
Take a bow for the Right Revolution
Frown and spit Smile and grin at the hopey/changey all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I’ll get on my knees and pray
We don’t get fooled again in ‘10
Don’t get fooled again in ‘10
No, no!

Sweet_Thang on February 16, 2009 at 3:28 PM

CatyMac on February 16, 2009 at 2:01 P

+100. Pompous a@@, completely out of touch.

scalleywag on February 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I guess the gop didn’t care when Bush spent almost a trillion dollars fighting a unnecessary war in Iraq, a war that still goes on today. But woe is me to spend 800 billion to try and revive OUR economy. Same ole gop philosophy…what we do is right….what the Democrats do is wrong. Maybe thats why the gop has been pounded in the last 2 elections.

athensboy on February 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM

A war that lasted 6 years and yet in one sitting the dems have outspend all the WOT spending in less than one month.

And if you believe that this bill isnt anything more than the dems rewarding their backers for electing them and not a way out of this mess I feel bad for you.

William Amos on February 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Bishop on February 16, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Heh.

ladyingray on February 16, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Is anybody other than conservatives watching these things? Just saying, it seems like preaching to the choir.

PattyJ on February 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Interesting. I see the http://www.thespendocrats.com/ as just another website to appeal for my private information so they can ask me for money.

Sorry, I didn’t see the Republicans do much of anything to stop this monstrosity from passing. Oh sure, all but 3 held the line in not voting for it but I’m not convinced that if weren’t that three that it wouldn’t have been another three. I didn’t see the Republicans put their money where their mouth was and get on the media to inform people what was really going on. I saw bloggers doing all the heavy lifting.

Besides, it was the GOP that got O elected. Sorry GOP won’t be getting any of my private information OR and money from me.

katablog.com on February 16, 2009 at 4:15 PM

But woe is me to spend 800 billion to try and revive OUR economy.

What planet are you from? Do you really in your heart of hearts (assuming you have one) believe that there is any way under the sun that this Pork = U Less will in any way stimulate the economy?

Next, do you have a clue what’s coming down the pike? What’s going to happen when they add Tarp II, automakers bailout II and Mortgage bailout I on top of Pork = U Less? Do you realize that the “almost $1 trillion” spent on that war you didn’t like saved people’s lives AND includes the regular cost of the military personnel fighting that war for 6 years.

katablog.com on February 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM

The web ads are a good start.

But what I really want to know from the National Republican Senatorial Committee and the National Republican Congressional Committee is:

Who do they have lined up to run against Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi?

wren on February 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM

DeathToMediaHacks

If they were such good projects, why did they need so badly to hide? Why did they need passed before anyone had a chance to fully read and review what was being passed?

Good to see the “sunlight” and “transparency” and the other bits designed to end the “culture of corruption” are only for minor bills unimportant legislature. The largest spending bill ever, naah we can’t have transparency or an end to corruption for that one.

Yeah, that’s the ticket…

gekkobear on February 16, 2009 at 4:57 PM

athensboy, the problem wasn’t the 1 trillion spent on the war; it was the never (before that, not before now) seen increase in all discretionary Government spending at the same time.

Government spending under Bush went from 1.8 trillion to about 2.5 trillion in 8 years, 55% increase.

How long will it take Obama to add another 50% and hit 3.75 trillion spending in a single year? Think it’ll take him 8 years to do that?

Heck, do you think it’ll take him 8 months to do that?

Bush’s spending increases and his inability to find the veto pen was bad. But that increase won’t even be noticed in the Obama era budgets.

gekkobear on February 16, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Great site

Streecar on February 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I, too, want to rail against this spending bill but what can we do in regards to taking action? There are so many different websites (Hotair, MM, newsbusters, etc.), on-air personalities (Rush, Sean, Mark L, etc.), and action committees. Why can’t everyone combine forces and take this to the masses? Did anyone hear about the RNC tech conference and/or the outcome? We need to start organizing now, figuring out who the real conservatives are in each state, coming up with our own legal ACORN, etc., start our own grassroots efforts, and on and on before 2010 and 2012 arrive.

txag92 on February 16, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I guess when everything is done 100% right there is still a 30% chance that it will fail..hmmm..so, why not go for the sky? There is still a 30% chance they will come down to earth.

I guess this is not a deficit reduction spending but an increase the deficit spending. I am laughing and crying at the same time.

OneConservative on February 16, 2009 at 9:01 PM

I just went to the NRSC to email them about their nice new ads about Porkulus….and ask them why they have the gall to put this ad out without mentioning the 3 traitors who allowed it to pass in the Senate? Apparently they don’t have an email addy, or at least I couldn’t find it.

So I’ll put my response up here: No money from me until you cut off Specter, Snowe and Sullivan, and find decent primary opponents for all three.

quikstrike98 on February 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on February 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM

If that’s how you really feel (and, I’ve got to say, judging such massive legislation as worthwhile simply because “alot” of htose programs look like “good things” doesn’t say much for your perceptiveness), what’s wrong with proposing these items separately in normal bills? There is no evidence that ramming through a trillion-dollar bill that NO ONE EVEN HAD TIME TO READ is likely to stimulate the economy or do anything to immediately hold off a potential national financial emergency.

Sign of the Dollar on February 16, 2009 at 10:53 PM

What is everyone so surprised about? These are after all the same party who controlled congress during the past 2-3 yrs. and demanded the subprime loan lending practices, that help to bring the economy to ruin… Many of their constituents apparently didn’t read the documents they signed either before signing up for loans they couldn’t afford, or that’s at least how the Spendocrats spin this thing in saying these people are the victims of preditory lending practices....

jhogan7777 on February 16, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Frustration level High….Conservative, moderate, blah blah blah,
Gallup poll has Congress approval at two year high…HIGH

No MSM is saying anything negative, it is just internet Chattering Class taling to like minded people…

Seattle protest (after the fact) so republican….I hope Colorado’s (after the fact) has a better showing.

I think conservatives would have a better chance if we pooled all monies and hhired a battery of kick a..s lawyers to sue everyone in Congress, and the big eared one and all the rest of the thugs….Hearts and minds take too much time, and the repubs. don’t have the machine….Lawyers, that’s the ticket…..

nondhimmie on February 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM