Video: Michelle dumps on Pelosi for various and sundry reasons

posted at 6:16 pm on February 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

Always a worthy endeavor, but less satisfying than usual coming so soon after passage of the stimulus. It’s like trying to eat ice cream after downing a monster plate of haggis: As soothing and delicious as it is, it’s not going to get rid of that sick feeling in your stomach.

I’ll always think of Madam Speaker as the woman who dropped a trillion dollars in debt on my grandkids. Or rather, on your grandkids; beta males don’t worry about lines of descent. Below the MM clip you’ll find something new from Eric Cantor’s office. There is a silver lining here, but it’s hard to see given how dark that cloud is.

Comments

The house GOP just held strong and unanimously voted NO on the stimulus bill. And it passed anyway. They accomplished nothing.

But THEY’RE BACK BABY!

e-pirate on February 13, 2009 at 6:19 PM

May not mean anything now ass-pirate, but when the food riots break out…the list of “Yay” votes will be the first to hang…

javamartini on February 13, 2009 at 6:27 PM

“I’m leaving…….

……… on a Jet plane!”

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2009 at 6:28 PM

I too am a bit cynical. Are they back to being conservatives or just back to trying to regain power? We first need to end “White Guilt.” We will not be a country again until that happens and we can address issues without the debt of our forefathers holding us back from tough love on all the outstanding issues: debt, welfare, immigration, affirmative action, …

rgranger on February 13, 2009 at 6:37 PM

George Bush really damaged these guys.

True_King on February 13, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I’m sure there is a joke that could be made at some stage about Pelosi receiving a new trillion dollar credit card from her sugar daddy Obama and then gong on the democratic shopping spree to end democratic shopping sprees. Perhaps it could be tied in some how to that new movie Confessions of a Shopaholic.

Dreadnought223 on February 13, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I love the eye roll Michelle gives, “Befooore they vote on it!”, that captured a tiny bit of how I feel about all of this.
I almost couldn’t get my mind around the haggis and ice cream Allah.
Yuck! I’m Scottish and you couldn’t pay me to eat that shite!

Geronimo on February 13, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Please help pick a new energy slogan.

Article and poll at the top of the page:

History Chaser on February 13, 2009 at 6:42 PM

I almost couldn’t get my mind around the haggis and ice cream Allah.
Yuck! I’m Scottish and you couldn’t pay me to eat that shite!

Geronimo on February 13, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Yeah. Everyone knows you have a nice beer with the haggis, and then a scotch afterwards.

And the Dems are going to drive this country into such a shitepile that we’ll look forward to when we can afford to each sheep brains and kidney and stomach, as opposed to dirt.

rbj on February 13, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Always a worthy endeavor,

When there’s a flashing red neon X in the 10 ring, like my Mama always said, shoot the duck first.

The Pelosa Nostra strikes another blow for economic enslavement.

By the time they come into the tax roles, adjusted for inflation and compounded interest, more like three trillion.

At which point does the number not matter anymore because we’ll all be working for the store?

Speakup on February 13, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Pelosi had to have a vote today so she could leave on her 8 day trip to Europe and all of us peasants can just eat cake!!!

History Chaser on February 13, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Alexis Glick is amazing. The other day, Laura, who is looking really, really great lately, and Liz Claman were on split screen…I just wanted them to slowly turn to each other, and………

We lost the vote…

but a guy can dream, huh?

LtE126 on February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

As I said when I wrote my Congresscritter… this debt won’t be paid off until my elementary school aged grand kids are ready for retirement.

darkpixel on February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

George Bush really damaged these guys.

True_King on February 13, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Obama and the Dems are now in Jimmy Carter 2 mode.

Republicans should get into the Ronald Reagan 2 program

right now…..

dec5 on February 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

You will get a Malkin Award over this Michelle, respect Andrew Sullivan’s authority!

Mr. Joe on February 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Ironic that Pelosi turns the US into Europe then flies to Italy.

BHO Jonestown on February 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Bravo Republicans for just saying “no.”

Mojave Mark on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

don’t worry, the country won’t be around by then…we’ll have collapsed.

right4life on February 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

By mere luck, I got to see this as it aired.

Michelle pretty much eviscerated Pelosi with a few words. Wish her spot had lasted longer.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Nice to see people on Michelle’s site hoping Pelosi dies in a plane crash. Surprised the Boss left that up.

SnarkVader on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Dodging a bullet is an accomplishment.

Jim Treacher on February 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Alexis Glick + Michelle Malkin = Double the Hotness

CP on February 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Is it just me, or has Fox had MM on a lot more often lately. I love seeing her get all feisty. Someone has to fight for us!

Laura in Maryland on February 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Death to Pelosi! < my friday prayer

Viper1 on February 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Cantos video is taking a million years to load. I’ll try later.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Can’t our grandkids just push the debt off to their grandkids?

frankj on February 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Maybe when Pelosi has heer audience with the Pope, he can put her in a corner for a time out since she flagrantly scandalizes the doctrine that Catholicism embraces to protect the lives of the innocent unborn.

Is she heading down to Sicily to say hello to the Cosa Nostra for her best buddy, Harry Reid?

That turkey-neck banshee gives me serious heartburn.

onlineanalyst on February 13, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Michelle was hard hitting as usual. Still the best opinion person on the air, bar none.

I still say to hell with the republicans. They will never see another dime from me. Not with idiots like those three turn-coats in the senate. The GOP deserves to be the minority party in the Congress, they certainly earned it.

Zorro on February 13, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Oops, I forgot to say thanks for posting the video Allah. I appreciate you doing so.

Zorro on February 13, 2009 at 9:19 PM

I take back calling Nancy D’Alessandro Pelosi a banshee. She is more appropriately an unrepentant strega.

One thing that we can be sure of is that her children, her grandchildren, her great-grandchildren ad infinitum will be protected from the tax burden that this abortion of a bill will impose on the other America.

Thanks, Nancy. Maybe you can fit some time to read a little economics, American history, and basic math on your long flight.

onlineanalyst on February 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Zorro, there are a number of conservative PACs blossoming, one of which is being promoted by Jim DeMint to build conservative ranks in the Senate.

Send your dollars to specific candidates. For example, every dollar sent to a Republican candidatte opposing Arlen Specter will be a dollar well spent.

onlineanalyst on February 13, 2009 at 9:33 PM

If When it fails, the Dems will have all of the blame.

jgapinoy on February 13, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I cannot get behind the GOP just because they voted no on this craptastic porkulus bill. Why do they only vote like conservatives when the spotlight is on them?

I’ll give you four choices and you only get one chance to get it right……

a) Cowards
b) Corrupt
c) RINO’s
d) All of the above

csdeven on February 13, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Nancy Pelosi is definitely NOT a member of the Mile High Club.

Percy_Peabody on February 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Well that’s just unfair. Your grandkids are going to have to pay the interest too, I think the estimate for the total with interest is more like 3.27 trillion.

Pay only a trillion on a debt that size? Someone is going to lose a kneecap.

gekkobear on February 14, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I’m not convinced the Republicans are “back”. I think they just voted no because they knew the bill would pass anyway. This way, they look good to their voters and get to stay in office. When they vote no on something the Dems want AND has a chance of being defeated, I’ll believe them, not before.

gordo on February 14, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Every last one of these politicians who kissed the ring of liberalism and declared “Reaganism is over” should see this as evident to it surely is not.

The people agree with the concept of Reagan.

Now be conservative, GOP. I’m still pissed at you. One ataboy! doesn’t make up for too many ohs#its!

Black Adam on February 14, 2009 at 6:09 AM

The Dems said eight Republicans were going to vote for the plan and three did. It only took three. Had more Dems opposed it, more Republicans would have switched. Remember the Amnesty Vote – first Voinovich voted in favor, then when it was clear it wouldn’t pass, he switched his vote in the last seconds to go on record that he opposed it. I’d like to see a timeline of the totals.
It’s incredible that elected officials can vote for something this controversial without reading it. What are we going to do?

tgillian on February 14, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Reagan vs. Obama in their own words.

Mr. Joe on February 14, 2009 at 9:48 AM

As usual, MM great job pointing out the reason for the rush – Nancy and the rest of politico could not wait to party anywhere else but D.C.

Is Nanny Nancy using commercial aviation to stimulate the economy – no way, she is on the government plane that she whined for and got.

Finally, what a pile of B.S. claiming to give U.S. (every citizen) two days to read the legislation. How are they going to read it in two days unless they have a computer. Without a computer, it would take 2 days just to get a copy mailed via FEDEX, UPS, or even the USPS (of course you would have to pay $30.00 Postage Due because of weight and priority mail).

The lordship never wanted you or I to read it because the pork sticks out and it easy to add up. But you have to buy a new calculator or computer to add up the pork because current calculators do not display that many digits.

MSGTAS on February 14, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Here’s hoping her meeting with the Pope is so he can excommunicate her personally for being the worst Catholic evah.

NoLeftTurn on February 14, 2009 at 11:00 AM

It is amazing to me how effortlessly Pelosi governs. What took the GOP 44 YEARS to accomplish has been completely reversed in one week by Pelosi.

jay12 on February 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Black Adam on February 14, 2009 at 6:09 AM

I think its more like one ah sh!t, knocks out ten ataboys

driver on February 14, 2009 at 4:21 PM