Good news: Congress ready to vote on 1,000-page stimulus bill it hasn’t read yet

posted at 10:40 am on February 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

Why should they read it? According to economists, it won’t work, either because it’s too wasteful or too small. But that’s beside the point. The point here is action for action’s sake, to show voters they’re at least trying to fix the situation even if their fix reeks — in which case, mission accomplished. So they might as well come clean, which is exactly what they’re doing:

When CNSNews.com asked members of both parties on Capitol Hill on Thursday whether they had read the full, final bill, not one member could say, “Yes.”…

“The Democrats have thrown this at us very last-minute,” said Rep. Zach Wamp (R-Tenn.). “That’s why the rule of thumb in the United States Congress should be, ‘When in doubt, vote no,’ because the devil is in the details and that’s why this stimulus is not worthy of support.”

Rep. John Boozman (R-Ark.) shared that sentiment. “The American public expects for us to get in and know what we’re voting on,” Boozman said. “But there are very few members from Congress that are going to have time to actually read this thing.”

Even so, as many as eight House Republicans might vote yes. Trust in The One and his glorious approval ratings; through him, all things are possible

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Oh no………

Mark Garnett on February 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Whatever happened to that five day online thingie Obama promised?

coldwarrior on February 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM

And these idiots have the stones to mock U.S. business leaders….

Incredible

jake-the-goose on February 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Don’t you love all this new “transparency” Obama has brought to Washington?

AZCoyote on February 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM

ummmm, he ummmmm LIED…ummm

SDarchitect on February 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Whatever happened to that five day online thingie Obama promised?

Bwahahahaaha!

hindmost on February 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Worst. Congress. Ever.

rbj on February 13, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Whatever happened to that five day online thingie Obama promised?

coldwarrior on February 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM

“All of Obama’s statements come with expiration dates. All of them.”

Geraghty, NRO.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Unless the Bill contains photographs of nude boys, Rep. Frank is not interested.

NoDonkey on February 13, 2009 at 10:43 AM

It was 48 hours online, and that went by the wayside on this one (and probably a lot more in the future).

Hope and Change; a whole bunch of pocket Change.

michaelo on February 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM

How on God’s green Earth is this real? How can or could anyone vote for something this important and large without reading it and look the people in the eye and explain it? Where is the outrage? Where is America? We should be marching, in mass, on Washington at this very moment and demanding a full reading at least of this Porkulous Bill.

But, noone cares anymore… Just stand in line for the Gowbmit Chez and welfare check… The One will provide.

Mark Garnett on February 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Group mentality has never failed.

the_nile on February 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM

My wallet just grabbed a length of rope and then locked itself in the attic.

Now all I can hear is a strange creaking noise.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM

The ‘devil is in the details’ but in this case the devil (Nancy Pelosi) wants to hide the details.

technopeasant on February 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM

This turkey is going down and they know it. Its not gonna pass and Hussein is going to implode.

dogsoldier on February 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM

You get what you pay for folks. You hire cretins, expect cretinous behavior.

Hey…how about not paying them?

Bueller?

LimeyGeek on February 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM

They are so corrupt.

Firebird on February 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Pretty much proves that Democrats in the W.H. are bonafide crooked.

Bonafide (with a southern, womanly accent).

Kokonut on February 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Why do I have a feeling Ben Nelson is less likely to vote for this than Specter, Collins, or Snowe?

Whatever happened to the moderate Democrats? Jim Webb? Evan Bayh? Mark Pryor? Who else? Can’t we get some help for our children?

Abby Adams on February 13, 2009 at 10:47 AM

My wallet just grabbed a length of rope and then locked itself in the attic.

Now all I can hear is a strange creaking noise.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I have 3 kids in college. My wallet is too weak to get up and join yours.

Patrick S on February 13, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Worst. Congress. Ever.

rbj on February 13, 2009 at 10:43 AM

We keep saying this but the same jackasses keep getting their jobs back.

loudmouth883 on February 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Glenn Thrush at Politico reports that:

“A devilishly clever last-minute insert to the House version of the stimulus bill has made it through the conference report — a requirement that governors spend their stimulus allocations within 45 days.

The provision isn’t likely to have a real-world impact, but it forces Republican governors who opposed the stimulus (e.g. South Carolina’s Mark Sanford) and many other GOP governors who sat on the fence for fear of bucking their party — to publicly accept or decline the aid. And when they do accept it — and it’s hard to see a scenario where they wouldn’t given their deficits — Democrats get to call them craven or hypocritical or both.

In the unlikely event they do reject the money, authority for spending the cash would revert to State legislatures, who would likely be under even more political pressure to spend it than chief executives.

“Our governor has repeatedly expressed political and philosophical aversion to using federal assistance as we work our way out of the economic conditions that are visiting significant difficulties upon businesses and families throughout our beloved state,” Clyburn said after the House vote.”

Hardball.

getalife on February 13, 2009 at 10:47 AM

From a thread below.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Over a thousand pages? So each one of those pages in that big stack could be a billion dollar bill, and that would be about right for how much money we are looking at.

Ferris on February 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM

We need someone to demand that the bill be read in entirety on the Senate floor prior to a vote.

Isn’t that a simple procedural monkey wrench that can be thrown into this abomination and deal with this problem directly?

Damiano on February 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM

When is Rush organizing the March on Washington? And where’s my pitchfork?

How can Democrats defend this?

Don’t tell me that everyone knows what’s in it. The conference committee just released it.

BuckeyeSam on February 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I need my DeathToMediaHacks defense of this stuff fix for the day. I love how the defense is not on the merits of what is at hand, but how Bush did this and Republicans did that. Give to me!!!!

WashJeff on February 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Abby Adams on February 13, 2009 at 10:47 AM

They will be collecting fat pensions when your kids are grown, and will have money to hand on to their kids and grandkids. They don’t care abour yours if the’ll be retired by then.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Nancy Pelosi flying to Rome to meet the Pope is like Ashley Judd flying to Alaska to praise Sarah Palin for her laudable goals to protect wildlife.

technopeasant on February 13, 2009 at 10:50 AM

It’s especially entertaining that they converted the document into a non-searchable image only .pdf file before publishing. Scumbags.

DaveF on February 13, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I was looking on-line last night where you can buy gold bars. I found kitco.com. Anyone ever use them? I am thinking gold bars in my safe is wise investment at this point.

WashJeff on February 13, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Abby Adams on February 13, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Moderate Democrat? There’s an oxymoron for you.

Doughboy on February 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

HURRY, FELLAS, LET’S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME!
Fri Feb 13 2009 09:18:52 ET

Rep. John Culberson, TX claims the “stimulus” bill must be urgently voted on today — because Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leaving at 6:00 PM for an 8 day trip to Europe!

Culberson made the charge on Houston’s KSEV radio.

Pelosi is hoping to lead a delegation to Europe; there’s a meeting with the Pope and an award from an Italian legislative group.

Calls to Pelosi’s spokesman went unreturned.

In the rushing, Democrats have now broken their promise to have the public see the $790 billion bill for 48 hours before any vote.

Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) predicted that none of his Senate colleagues would ‘have the chance’ to read the entire final version of the 1,071-page bill before it comes up for a final vote. (from Drudge)

Keemo on February 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Badbrucskie on February 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I’ve used APMEX.COM to buy silver and was pleased with the service. If I were buying gold I’d probably seek out a local coin shop and buy with cash. No need to create a trail of your purchases for the leeches to come after later.

DaveF on February 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Demands for Pelosi to step down should start now!

Keemo on February 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM

It’s obvious now that unless a bill is written on a Big Chief tablet with day-glo markers, our elected representatives can’t handle it. The profession of political office has been demoralized and this administration is going to shine a glowing light on that fact. Not necessarily a bad thing.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Senator Webb isn’t a moderate Democrat but he plays one on t.v.

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM

They were previously promised 48 hours to read it…. but when you want a totalitarianism state as Obama’s admin, adoring fans, media takeover and supporters want YOU DON’T GET IT!

kthomas8268 on February 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM

technopeasant on February 13, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I can see the headline now: “After meeting with America’s Nancy Pelosi, the Pope’s only comment was “I think I understand homosexuality a little better now.”

Patrick S on February 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM

My wife, who has a cold and is in bed, just woke up a few minutes ago and told me she had a dream that I had just been elected to the Senate. I told her that wasn’t a dream but a nightmare. I have difficulty dealing with office politics let alone undiluted delusional politicians.

I then told her that were I actually a Senator I would probably lead a military coup. And, I am starting to think that may be the only way out of this insanity.

watson007 on February 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Time to get the IMPEACH OBAMA stickers ready

kthomas8268 on February 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Good god…I hope someone in the media breaks ranks

tomas on February 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM

kthomas8268 on February 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM

That’s obama’s ethics agenda in action:

* End the Practice of Writing Legislation Behind Closed Doors: As president, Barack Obama will restore the American people’s trust in their government by making government more open and transparent. Obama will work to reform congressional rules to require all legislative sessions, including committee mark-ups and conference committees, to be conducted in public. By making these practices public, the American people will be able to hold their leaders accountable for wasteful spending and lawmakers won’t be able to slip favors for lobbyists into bills at the last minute.

* Sunlight Before Signing: Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.

If he were the honorable guy he campaigned as he’d veto this shit.

DaveF on February 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Sad, sad day. Congress is acting like a little boy with a lit match in the powder room.

Weight of Glory on February 13, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I hope the $2 million dollar earmark to my family that I petitioned my congressman for made it through to the final bill… I guess I’ll know after the bill passes and before any of these clowns in DC know

gatorboy on February 13, 2009 at 10:56 AM

‘Marry in haste, repent at leisure’ is as true now as it was 500 years ago.

But in 2009 it is more punitive: ‘Vote in haste, suffer at work, affording no time for leisure.’

technopeasant on February 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM

The stupidity of thge way Congress works is becoming clearer by the day. And it seems that most elected Democrats do not care a bit about their country, it’s really all about power with them. Isn’t it.

Otherwise, where are all the cries and whines we heard when Bush was President … silence is more telling than anything anyone could do or say.

The funny part is that Democrat voters are being taken for a ride …

tarpon on February 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM

DaveF on February 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Thanks

WashJeff on February 13, 2009 at 10:58 AM

It’s time for a revolution like this world has never seen…these people need to be hung upside down and paraded for ridicule…Pelosi & company are the ones that should be going to prison…something like Gitmo…

DCJeff on February 13, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Fifth graders can’t turn in papers that have remarks crossed out and hand written in. Their teachers would fail them or at the very least give it an incomplete and tell them to do it over again. Yet Congress can get away with this crap? Are you kidding me?

sammypants on February 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM

“…in the first place, I put for a general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.”

The World According to Hobbes…

This is what happens when we become slovenly and inconsiderate of our civic responsibilities. We allow others, who pursue nothing but their own selfish ends, to hijack our lives for their own gain. There’s a part of me that just wants to watch the city burn, and rebuild the republic on the ashes.

Flyover Country on February 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Calling Walt Minnick to the floor. Walt?! Anyone seen Walt recently?

Abby Adams on February 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM

dogsoldier on February 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM

From your lips to God’s ear.

platypus on February 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Keemo on February 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

This Rome trip is a fact-finding mission. She is trying to find out what led to Rome falling to ensure she is not missing anything to do the same to the USA.

WashJeff on February 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Being from Massachusetts I’m glad Ted Kennedy has taken time to convalesce rather than vote on this 8-) It’s the only way Sen. Kennedy can do something in the senate on my behalf that I agree with.

Krl

krl on February 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM

On a separate but related note, I am actually somewhat impressed with Tom Price for using this medium to communicate to the public.

I met Tom in Kansas City back before the election and, although I enjoyed meeting with him and hearing him talk, I was disappointed in his health care proposal as it was a watered down, bolt on version of socialized medicine as opposed to a tear down and redo of the existing system.

When I asked him about why Republicans were largely unsuccessful at delivering our message of individual freedom and liberty his response mostly blamed the mainstream media. It is great to see Tom using a messaging medium outside of the mainstream.

watson007 on February 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Can you say , “Cart Blanche”?

CynicalOptimist on February 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Fitting that today is Friday the 13th. I was never superstitious before, but might be now.

rbj on February 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Keemo on February 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Ewwwww…. fantasy time…

Nancy comes up to kiss the Pontiff’s ring… and he withdraws his hand… motions to the Priest who is standing next to him…

A bell starts to toll in the background… slowly… as the Priest slowly closes the Gospel, and snuffs out a Candle…

(gotta admit, the Catholics do have style…)

Romeo13 on February 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I’m not the biggest David Brooks fan these days, but every member of Congress ought to set aside the bill and read his column in today’s NYT.

And then they need to think long and hard about how to cast their votes.

This is their last chance to stop before dragging us over a cliff.

BuckeyeSam on February 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Who are the 8 RINOS in the house who are planning to vote for this? We know the 3 in the Senate and we must apply all the pressure we can to get them to change.

esperpento on February 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Who are the 8 House Republicans selling out? That’s what I want to know.

XWing5 on February 13, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Can I have it in for Ogabe personally NOW?

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Anyone who votes Yes to anything without reading it should be brought up on ethics charges, censured and then voted out…..

/REM sleep over

BrianA on February 13, 2009 at 11:04 AM

WashJeff on February 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM

That’s funny! :)

Keemo on February 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Calling Walt Minnick to the floor. Walt?! Anyone seen Walt recently?

Abby Adams on February 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM

He’s been whisked away to the same place Obama hid Wright, Ayers, and Pfleger during the campaign.

BuckeyeSam on February 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

It’d be nice if the Holy Father we excommunicate her during the visit or at least have the nuns wrap her hands with rulers like was done when I was in school for awful behavior and idiocy.

esperpento on February 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Read it heck, the lobbiest haven’t finished amending it yet.

MarkTheGreat on February 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Romeo13 on February 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I just want him to bitchslap her. On both cheeks, the European way.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Why is there less energy on the GOP side to oppose this compared to the cloture vote?

promachus on February 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Romeo13 on February 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I just want him to b***hslap her. On both cheeks, European style.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM

rbj on February 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM

The Jason StimuVorhees bill is about to bust through your door and bury a rusty pick-axe between your shoulder blades.

This time though, Jason is wearing an Ogabe mask rather than a hockey mask.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I’m a depressed “INTERNET WARRIOR”…

There will be NO outrage…

The MSM will “cover it” like a pile of cat poop in a litter box.

It will pass…

Mark Garnett on February 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

HURRY, FELLAS, LET’S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME!
Fri Feb 13 2009 09:18:52 ET

Culberson made the charge on Houston’s KSEV radio.

Calls to Pelosi’s spokesman went unreturned.

Keemo on February 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Pray that the Pope receives her delegation and personally excommunicates her on the spot.

BrianA on February 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Jim Webb actually wrote some of the bill. He is going to vote “yes” even though his mail was running 100-1 to vote no. Obvioulsy he thinks he is safe as the ones that want it didn’t write to him cause they can’t. He is just as arrogant as Pelosi. It is his way to not say anything. Makes you beg more.

BetseyRoss on February 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

It would be more fitting if the Pope threw her out on her ass.

Jeff on February 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

esperpento on February 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I would like to see a good swift blow with the pontiff’s knee to her forehead as she kneeling down to kiss his ring.

WashJeff on February 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Can you say , “Cart Blanche”?

CynicalOptimist on February 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM

An $800 billion blank check–signed in your name by your “representatives”–to whom and for what, even they don’t know.

Some conservative Senator needs to stand up and DEMAND that the bill be READ, out loud, in its entirety, before any vote in the Senate.

And Pelosi be d@mned. I’m sure Benedict XVI would tell her that anyway.

Steve Z on February 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM

esperpento on February 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I vote for having Butterfly Kisses broken on the wheel and then burned at the stake for heresy.

These demorats want to drive us back into the middle ages, we might as well embrace the idea.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Who are the 8 House Republicans selling out? That’s what I want to know.

XWing5 on February 13, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I’ve heard one is Gerlach, who is my rep in a purple suburban district in Pennsylvania. Supposedly thinking of running for governor in 2010, although Santorum and maybe AG Corbett might run, too. He is a member of the RINO Main Street Partnership.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM

promachus on February 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Poll Numbers ginned up by the MSM…

The Messiah has them wrapped around his big ears…

Republicans = WUSSIES and gutless

***That answers your question.

Mark Garnett on February 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM

In a press conference Thursday, the House Republican leadership spoke candidly about being kept out of the House-Senate conference on the Obama-Pelosi-Reid so-called “economic stimulus” bill. They confirmed they had not yet seen the text of the bill as of 4 p.m.

Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said he was unsure how many Democrats would vote with Republicans again on this bill but that he thought Republicans “may get a few” Democrats to side with them. The fact that the Demos have now broken their promise to have the public able to see the bill for 48 hours may drive more Dems into the Republican camp.

“[I] don’t know, ‘cause they haven’t seen the bill either,” Boehner said.

“The American people have a right to know what’s in this bill,” Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind) told HUMAN EVENTS after the press conference. “Every member of Congress — Republicans and Democrats — voted to post this bill on the internet for 48 hours, 48 hours ago. We’ll see if the Democrats keep their word.”

Actually — as of 5:15 pm, the Democrats had broken their word. The stimulus bill — which we still haven’t seen — will be released late tonight and will be brought up on the House floor at 9 am tomorrow.

The following statement was released by Majority Leader Steny Hoyer at 4:57 p.m.:

“The House is scheduled to meet at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow and is expected to proceed directly to consideration of the American Recovery and Reinvestment conference report. The conference report text will be filed this evening, giving members enough time to review the conference report before voting on it tomorrow afternoon.”

Meanwhile, at an earlier presser Thursday, Pelosi — while talking about legislation regarding school construction funds — said it was vital to see the language of a bill before making decisions. ReadtheStimulus.org had the following quote:

“With all of this you have to see the language. You said this — I said that — I understood it to be this way — you know, we wanted to see it in writing and when we did that then we were able to go forward.”

“Around here language means a lot. Words weigh a ton and one person’s understanding of a spoken description might vary from another’s. We wanted to see it. And not only just I had to see it, I had to show it to my colleagues and my caucus. We wanted to take all the time that was necessary to make sure it was right.”

Keemo on February 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Maybe we can hold the line in the Senate? We just need one of the Gang Of Three to turn their back on this bill and they can’t get to 60 votes in the Senate.

t.ferg on February 13, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I am shocked you mean to tell me that congressmen & Sentors don,t read bills before they vote on them!!!!

thmcbb on February 13, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I really can’t take it anymore…

We call 100 to 1 against this crap and noone cares…

Why bother?

The American people do not care.

Mark Garnett on February 13, 2009 at 11:13 AM

I really can’t take it anymore…

We call 100 to 1 against this crap and noone cares…

Why bother?

The American people do not care.

Mark Garnett on February 13, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Yeah, I think a lot of us feel that way. What’s the point of endlessly calling your rep and senators if they don’t listen even when the callers are overwhelmingly telling them DON’T DO IT.

t.ferg on February 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Three words;

“T-E-R-M L-I-M-I-T-S”

Star20 on February 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM

When is Rush organizing the March on Washington? And where’s my pitchfork?

BuckeyeSam on February 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Coming soon: The Pitchfork Registration and Licensing Bill

petefrt on February 13, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Apparently my Rep, John Spratt of SC, thinks the final bill is less than 700 pages. Please call him at 202-225-5501 to let him know it’s 1,000±. They are also not aware of the FCCCER program that is hidden in there.

cadams on February 13, 2009 at 11:18 AM

The first people to get a look at the bill were K street lobbiests (the same ones Obama promised would have no influence in his administration.) Apparently, when the bill came back, it had 70 extra pages added to it. (A 7% increase in size).

Apparently lobbiests have more influence in this adminstration than Republicans do. There wasn’t a single Republican who was allowed access to the conference committe or this bill.

MarkTheGreat on February 13, 2009 at 11:19 AM

I think we are now experiencing Chicago style politics and that fits Pelosi and Reid just fine. What I’m afraid of now is the possible defection by some House reps and then of course we have the 3 in the Senate.

Isn’t there anyone in the dem ranks that can think for themselves and see that this is just the most terrible thing that they can do to this country? Speed is not of the essence in this case. Its not well thought out.

cjs1943 on February 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

We keep saying this but the same jackasses keep getting their jobs back.

loudmouth883 on February 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Yea, imagine if us ordinary folks did our jobs the way they did. We’d be out the door in no time. There are no consequences for these people…that’s the problem. They need a semi-annual review process so the American people can judge whether they’re worthy of staying on. Until that happens, they’ll keep on just the way they have been.

scalleywag on February 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

OK so it passes today. What will happen tomorrow nothing. This bill will not give any relief, execpt for a mouse who will get 30 million. We are now giving rodents 30 million dollars. Why can’t I get me some of that. I don’t even need 30 million I’ll Take 100,000 and even buy a car with it and a down payment on a house. It’s such a sad sad day today.

Brat4life on February 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Only the pamphleteers will tell this story. CBSEN, WNT, MSNBC, The View, Oprah, Leno, Letterman, 60minutos, all of them, will inform the public that Republicans only want collapse.

We will acknowledge our betters or else.

Limerick on February 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Are the rodents at least getting condoms too and being tutored about STDs?

scalleywag on February 13, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Make sure your pitchforks are sharp and your power is dry.P.S. someone remember to bring the rails to ride these jerks out of town on.

thmcbb on February 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM

*** (takes off tag of “Internet Warrior” given to him by MadisonConservative, walks over to trash can, opens lid, tosses it inside, walks towards door, picks up pitchfork, opens door, walks towards Washington, humming “We Shall Overcome” and breaking into a rousing chorus of “God Bless America”)

Time for talk is over folks.

Mark Garnett on February 13, 2009 at 11:28 AM