Final stimulus vote in Senate imminent; Update: 57 yeses, three Dems still to vote

posted at 5:10 pm on February 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

The bomb’s set to drop at 5:30 p.m. 60 votes or bust, right? Wrong: Sherrod Brown’s in Ohio for his mother’s funeral and will be flying in later, which is why Reid’s planning to hold the vote open for hours after it’s done. If they get to 59 at 5:30, Brown will make it official tonight; if, in a surprise show of backbone, one of the centrists defects and they land at 58, presumably there’ll be a mad scramble to fly Teddy in from Florida. He’s scheduled to miss the vote — for now.

While we wait, here’s ProPublica’s line-by-line breakdown of what’s in the bill. Or, if you want just the dirty bits, try this. Live coverage is online at C-SPAN2, as usual.

Update: Because the vote’s being held open for Brown, we’re not going to get a final tally for hours yet. But Collins, Specter, and Snowe have all voted yes, and needless to say, no Democrat’s going to torpedo The One’s moment by switching. The deed is done.

Update: As of 6:20 p.m., there are 57 yes votes in the books with Bayh, Gillibrand, and of course Brown yet to show and add theirs. Done deal.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9 10

Another thing that I fail to understand is why the MSM even cares that there was no Republican support for the bill (the three traitors don’t count). They and Obama won, so what difference does it make to them? Why on earth when he held his Monday press conference did he even waste his breath attacking the Republicans, he had already won with the commitments he needed on Saturday. It is not as if he believes any of the “bipartisan” mumbo jumbo.

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Obama needs a bogeyman to focus his supporters’ attention upon. It keeps them from noticing while he power-grabs our civil liberties. Old socialist tactic…. present your populace with a common foe.

Murf76 on February 13, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I loathe Bill O’Reilly. He’s on now so above getting riled up over the stimulus bill. You people against it are just like the loons who opposed the Iraq War, dont-cha-know?

Marcus on February 13, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Do you think the MSM will do much reporting during the depression?

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Sure! There will be plenty of Republican or conservative obstructionists to attack on Messiah’s behalf.

Kensington on February 13, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Bill sold out when he BEGGED the 0 to agree to an interview. Ever since he acts like he is such a moderate guy. Jeez. What a fraud! Give me Glenn Beck anyday. At least he says what he thinks, and he would never bend over just to get an interview.

DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I agree, BO went soft after the interview, Glenn Beck will either overtake BO or he will be reshuffled by BO to a bad time slot. He is so much better than BO.

UncleZeb on February 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM

What is the vote count now?

UncleZeb on February 13, 2009 at 8:56 PM

An electron microscope couldn’t measure how little I think of the RINOs who voted for this abortion. I am simply disgusted with these three.

Blacksheep on February 13, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I hope they choke on their 30 pieces of silver.

Dr Evil on February 13, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Does anyone know if the Senate has the 60 votes?

Kini on February 13, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Amazing that no Dem senators revolted.

UncleZeb on February 13, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Amazing that no Dem senators revolted.

They will be amazed by the voters revolt.

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Give me Glenn Beck anyday.

Interesting that the segment about the stimulus was O’Reilly interviewing Glenn Beck. Practically suggesting that if the collapse of our government bothers him so, maybe he should begin drinking again. Why would Beck be interviewed so as to portray his passionate beliefs as loony?

Marcus on February 13, 2009 at 9:01 PM

DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I’ll take Levin over both.

Tim Burton on February 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Does anyone know if the Senate has the 60 votes?

Kini on February 13, 2009 at 8:58 PM

As AP pointed out in the post- yes, they do. Just waiting for Brown to get back from his mother’s wake.

Thank Spector, Collins and Snowe. And by “thank”, I mean tar and feather.

Hollowpoint on February 13, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Yeah, and O’Reilly is going off the radio in a couple of weeks. Have his ratings dropped dramatically since he fell in love with the Messiah, or is he quitting for some other reason? That’s when I quit watching him, anyway…it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s what happened. When conservatives act like “moderates” they always lose.

JustTruth101 on February 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM

I’m glad they voted it in.

They voted for their own destruction.

faraway on February 13, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I can not stand bill o, all he does is bring everything back to himself. he is too self possessed. sorry bout the spelling but a margarita makes mine really badd

UncleZeb on February 13, 2009 at 9:13 PM

…or two.

UncleZeb on February 13, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Hey, people in PA – Specter is a funny little man that needs to go out to pasture. Hey people in Maine – I love lobster, but I’m going to quit eating it. You have ugly dumb women in Maine.

suzyk on February 13, 2009 at 9:16 PM

What is our recourse — other than waiting for the next election cycle? Although I do not think there are provisions in the U.S. Constitution supporting this (also not precluding this), is it time to explore procedures for recalling select members of Congress for dereliction of duty (i.e., failure to read legislation for which they voted)? Any ideas?

publiuspen on February 13, 2009 at 9:21 PM

We need to get the Turncoat-3 out of our party!

blue13326 on February 13, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Marcus on February 13, 2009 at 8:40 PM

He lost me long ago, when he said that ONE guy set the oil prices. And he went nutty about the plane that landed in the Hudson River had it’s engines stall a few days before it hit the geese. COVERUP. He’s a maroon.

darwin-t on February 13, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I used to be a big O’Reilly fan. But I agree on the Ogabe thing: O’Reilly sold out. Don’t like him quite so much now; his ego’s pretty huge. Beck’s show on Fox is pretty entertaining, and, although I’m somewhat to the right of Beck, I still find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says.

mr.blacksheep on February 13, 2009 at 9:25 PM

We need to get the Turncoat-3 out of our party!

blue13326 on February 13, 2009 at 9:23 PM

And replace them with who/what exactly? Democrats?

BryanS on February 13, 2009 at 9:27 PM

UncleZeb on February 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Glenn is catching up with Hannity and Beck only airs once. Hannity and O’Reilly air twice, once for each coast plus a couple of more times overnight.

darwin-t on February 13, 2009 at 9:27 PM

BryanS,

Same difference.

Christien on February 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Collins, Specter, and Snowe — the most useless “Republicans” in the Senate. Kick their sorry hides out of caucus and make ‘em choose sides for once and for all.

EasyEight on February 13, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Blacksheep on February 13, 2009

Never in my life did I ever think I would live to see a time like this. Every day now I wonder how many days are left to go before our economy and government collapses. Will there be riots? Will our store shelves be empty? Will Obama impose martial law?? Will one night I awake to an angry mob in my neighborhood??

JellyToast on February 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Democrats would be better than Republicans that vote with Democrats on the most important issues and provide a false veneer of bipartisanship. Let the Democrats own their failures!

blue13326 on February 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Same difference.

Christien on February 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Understood, But they are about as conservative as we will get out of their districts–though perhaps Spector’s seat could be replaced with someone more conservative.

There also was a “same difference” between McCain and Obama to some with that view of more liberal Republicans. Obama seems to be workout out great, isn’t he?

BryanS on February 13, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Weeeellll,

Would recall or impeachment be possible?

The argument would be that ANY elected representative who voted for the largest spending bill in the history of our nation, without debate, without even READING the proposed bill, is guilty by that fact itself of not representing the interests of those who elected him. It’s obvious that such a representative is not performing the job for which his constituents elected him, and the public should be able to remove him for non-performance of his duties.

A_Nonny_Mouse on February 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM

JellyToast on February 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM

The smart money would recommend you prepare for all of the above.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM

A_Nonny_Mouse on February 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Works for me, I think you have a case…er…we all have a case.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Who is going to emerge to lead the revolution? Are we really going to have to band together with the Ron Paul/Truther types, in a “my enemies enemy is my friend” sort of way, to get things done.

RightWinged on February 13, 2009 at 9:40 PM

oops, should be “my enemy’s enemy is my friend”*… I need a drink

RightWinged on February 13, 2009 at 9:41 PM

BryanS on February 13, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Snowe, Collins and Specter aren’t the only RINOs in the Senate, yet the rest still managaed to grasp the obvious- that this bill had to be stopped.

Let them caucus with the Dems, or go Independant (they vote with the Dems when it counts the most anyways), and open the way to run a challenger. Even if they’re replaced by a RINO, it would be a 100% improvement if they were a remotely loyal RINO. It would also send the message that such treachery will not be tolerated.

No one expects all Republicans to vote the same way every single time, but there’s simply no excuse in voting a bill such as this that represents everything Republicans are supposed to be opposed to.

Hollowpoint on February 13, 2009 at 9:42 PM

oops, should be “my enemy’s enemy is my friend”*… I need a drink
RightWinged on February 13, 2009 at 9:41 PM

The bars been open for a while now. I may not stop drinking until 2012 or until Ogabe gets impeached, whichever comes first.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM

A_Nonny_Mouse on February 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Here ya go:

This is the relevant part:

The following are the 18 states where state representatives can be recalled: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wisconsin. The District of Columbia also allows recalls

That work for anyone? I live in WV, fat chance of getting Byrd or Rockefeller out…

dish on February 13, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Poor folks in California, I have heard both Hugh Hewitt and Dennis Miller talk about leaving the state. I don’t know how y’all make it.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 8:17 PM

They are by means alone, I only hope there is still a trailor to rent when I move my unhappy arse out.

goat on February 13, 2009 at 9:47 PM

NRO had a feature this week on the best 25 conservative movies. Different people selected them.

One of the movies that they recommended was Will Smith’s Pursuit of Happyness (That’s a correct spelling for the film’s title BTW). Henrietta, Julio, and Josephine (Is that the name of the nitwit waiting for her gas and mortgage to be paid?) should be forced to watch that movie. It’s based on a true story about how self-reliance, tenacity, and hard work breed lasting success.

onlineanalyst on February 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM

onlineanalyst on February 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I’m sure they’d love to see it if someone else buys the ticket and popcorn…

dish on February 13, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Both as the plot point of the movie and how many Obama supporters spell that word anyway.

I have no problems with this movie being called conservative because it never got preachy or suggested that government should step in and provide assistance.

highhopes on February 13, 2009 at 9:59 PM

dish on February 13, 2009 at 9:45 PM

North Dakota, I think you have a strong case to make against your Senators, both are Dems, and that is one of the reddest states in America.

goat on February 13, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I’m watching CSPAN-2. Has Sherrod Brown arrived yet?

President Obama was supplying a plane for his use to make sure he would be the 60th vote.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Who is paying for the plane? How would we find out?

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 10:02 PM

EasyEight on February 13, 2009 at 9:29 PM

By kicking them out the caucus, the GOP would pretty much give them their side. Let the traitors run as Democrats or go home. That “R” is valuable only if it means the ability to thwart the other side. These three traitors are solid gold to Harry Reid and the filthy liar in the White House.

highhopes on February 13, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Presumably, Brown is in the air now. Visiting hours for his mother ended at 8:00 PM.

Government transportation was provided to Mr. Brown because no commercial flights were available, the White House said.

Yeah…..sure…….

CSPAN-2 expects Brown around 10:30 PM.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Bars will be open for quite a while here too, and a few are just a couple blocks away, but I think I’m better off drinking at home tonight, considering I live in VT… not sure what a drunk me, in my state of mind, might lead to tonight around a bunch of libs.

At any rate, don’t drink ’til 2012… we won’t survive that long, my friend.

RightWinged on February 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM

I’m out. I’m gonna work-out, get drunk and play Left For Dead and pretend that the zombie horde is a bunch of Dems infected with the Porkopolous Virus.

swash_plate on February 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM

So great, the taxpayer has to foot the bill for the imposition of the socialist state. Talk about salt in the wound.

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I wonder how many of the lucky $13/week winners realize that unemployment benefits are going up $25/week.

califcon on February 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Who is paying for the plane? How would we find out?
txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 10:02 PM

No plane, Ogabe sent a magical, flying unicorn to ferry Brown to D.C.

When Ogabe farts, an angel gets its wings.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Heh…..

Apparently, John Dingle(berry) has learned well from Teh One.

Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich., called upon representatives to “learn from history,” telling the chamber that voting for the bill was “about doing something right” to address “something that is terrifying this country.”

Mr. Dingle(berry), there are only 2 thing terrifying this country…..

1. President Obama talking about economy

2. Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:11 PM

califcon on February 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Save your pennies. You can ride Harry Reid’s $8 Billion Bullet Train from LA to LV. After you get there you can do the responsible thing and blow your wad in the casinos “hope”ing to strike it rich.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I saw this. Beck probably didn’t realize it was coming. O’Reilly is mucho jealous of Beck.

Alana on February 13, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Maybe it’s time to infiltrate the enemy’s camp…….

…….. get some of the cash, fund our own clandestine mission, and keep the counter intelligence alive and well?

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Had a similar idea, involved everyone in the GOP switching to the Dem party.

That way, the entire Congress is all one caucus. Caucuses determine leadership of commitees based on senority. Senior former GOPers would be able to muscle out less senior Donk chairs. Where ever they CAN’T, they can tie objectionable legislation up in commitee and never let it out.

Party members vote in Dem primaries and support the challenger or flood the ballot with challengers. Force the old Dems into endless campaigns just to save their seats. Split the ballot to the point where most incumbants can’t muster bare majorities of the vote in their state or district.

Ask yourself this: if EVERYBODY’S a Democrat, who will the Reid/Pelosi/Emanuel Troika and their little wooden boy blame for their failures? Who will Dem Zombies vote for when their “electoral crib sheet” (Looking for the (D) next to a candidate’s name) is neutralized? $10 says at least half of them vote for someone other than the sitting Dem because another candidate’s name came first alphabetically, hence was the first (D) they saw.

Kind of an OPERATION: Chaos on steroids.

SuperCool on February 13, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Anyone know the Senate rules about how long a vote is allowed to stay ‘open’? During the House votes, there was a time limit…

/I suppose I could look it up myself

dish on February 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM

dish on February 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM

And I hope those two women sitting there chatting (via C-SPAN) are getting paid some serious OT.

dish on February 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Arlen Specter has been on the precipice of utterly worthless for years.

He has now officially gone over the edge.

He’s got to go next time around.

seanrobins on February 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM

/I suppose I could look it up myself

dish on February 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM

From Wikipedia…

When debate concludes, the motion in question is put to a vote. In many cases, the Senate votes by voice vote; the presiding officer puts the question, and Members respond either “Aye” (in favor of the motion) or “No” (against the motion). The presiding officer then announces the result of the voice vote. Any senator, however, may challenge the presiding officer’s assessment and request a recorded vote. The request may be granted only if it is seconded by one-fifth of the senators present. In practice, however, senators second requests for recorded votes as a matter of courtesy. When a recorded vote is held, the clerk calls the roll of the Senate in alphabetical order; each senator responds when his or her name is called. Senators who miss the roll call may still cast a vote as long as the recorded vote remains open. The vote is closed at the discretion of the presiding officer, but must remain open for a minimum of 15 minutes.

C-SPAN2 says that Dingy Harry is on the floor now.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I thought once they got 60+ on the cloture vote, then they just went to a regular majority vote on the actual bill. Is that not true? Why did they still have to prevent an R filibuster even after the cloture vote earlier this week?

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 10:27 PM

In the new spirit of transparency, will they tell us how many tax dollars were used to fly this guy back from Ohio tonight?

califcon on February 13, 2009 at 10:28 PM

A little ray of sunshine for y’all:

They can authorize all the spending they want. The Treasury does not have the money. They cannot force the Fed to print dollars. They have to borrow the money.

From overseas.

Now what foreign government is going to buy US bonds when it has its own cashflow problems? I cannot picture even a Frenchman buying US debt when he could buy France debt.

The fat lady has NOT yet sung the swan song. We aren’t even in the third inning yet.

Stay calm.

platypus on February 13, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Via The Swap….

Senate vote to go on and on and on . . .

The final tally, however, is being held open tonight so that Sen. Sherrod Brown of Ohio can fly to back to Washington from Ohio, where he was attending a memorial service for his mother.

The White House dispatched a military jet to fly Brown from Cleveland to Washington–and he is expected to cast his vote later tonight. (Add that to the stimulus price tag.)

Heh, indeed.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Yeah, 15 minutes is I found too. But with a quick look, I couldn’t find anything about just how long a vote can go…I think the C-SPAN video of dirty harry is taped from earlier.

dish on February 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 10:27 PM

The bill had just come back from the conference committee with House representatives. It was then reintroduced for debate. The vote tonight is for cloture (end debate) prior to the simple majority vote for passage.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM

If they can’t print the money and if they can’t borrow it, then they will simply raise taxes.

eaglescout1998 on February 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Just tuned to CSpan and got a full frontal assault of Pelosi…fortunately I changed the channel before my eyes were burned from my skull.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Do you think the MSM will do much reporting during the depression?

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Speaking of the MSM reporting, one was the last time anybody heard anything about the war in Iraq? No more body counts? Is it all over? Did all the troops come home and I missed it?

neuquenguy on February 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM

The Democrats really do have no shame whatsoever. They drag Kennedy up on his deathbed for the first vote, and then they drag Sen. Brown back from his mother’s funeral, when he should be with his family, for this vote. Absolutely shameless.

KSgop on February 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM

dish on February 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Votes can be kept open as long as they want. It depends on the presiding officer of the Senate. Since Dems are the majority, one of the Dem Senators is usually the Presiding Officer.

So………..there you go.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:36 PM

They cannot force the Fed to print dollars. They have to borrow the money.

Mmmmm hmmmm…or they can just raise taxes.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 10:37 PM

eaglescout1998 on February 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM

That’s a given. It is impossible to spend, spend, spend to pay for Peggy Joseph’s gasoline and mortgage and not have a revenue stream. They will get that tax increase without lifting a finger………They will not vote to renew President Bush’s tax cuts of 2001 and 2003.

So you might as well save that extra $13 a week. You will need it to pay your taxes in 2 years.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Did you know they raised corporate taxes already? It was buried in the S-CHIP expansion bill. They massively raised taxes on tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, loose tobacco, rolling papers, etc.) and increased the corporate by 0.5 percent. Nice, eh?

Oh, don’t forget. As part of the health care portion of Spendulus, there are billions of dollars for smoking cessation.

Self defeating prophecy.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Quite a show of “bipartisonship” with 3 pubies out of over 500 voters! Obama, Reid & Pelosi own this disaster. Tyranny is upon us and it behooves the people to rise up no matter what it costs in a grass roots revolution.

wepeople on February 13, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I found this on the Senate rules page here: http://rules.senate.gov/senaterules/Rules091407

The diplo-speak confuses me though.

Whenever upon such roll call it shall be ascertained that a quorum is not present, a majority of the Senators present may direct the Sergeant at Arms to request, and, when necessary, to compel the attendance of the absent Senators, which order shall be determined without debate; and pending its execution, and until a quorum shall be present, no debate nor motion, except to adjourn, or to recess pursuant to a previous order entered by unanimous consent, shall be in order.

I guess this only applies to a quorum question, not an actual vote?

dish on February 13, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Good Lord…is that the bill sitting back behind the clerks on that chair beside the President’s desk? It’s so huge they had to roll it in on its own chair.

KSgop on February 13, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I guess this only applies to a quorum question, not an actual vote?

dish on February 13, 2009 at 10:44 PM

They only need to have a simple majority of senators to have quorum. But, they still need 60 for cloture.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:48 PM

…and it passed. Officially.

*sigh*

flyawaybird on February 13, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Well, maybe they can keep the vote open as long as the dems need to, but why can’t rules like this be enforced when necessary:

Any measure or matter reported by any standing committee shall not be considered in the Senate unless the report of that committee upon that measure or matter has been available to Members for at least two calendar days (excluding Sundays and legal holidays) prior to the consideration of that measure or matter. If hearings
have been held on any such measure or matter so reported,
the committee reporting the measure or matter shall make every reasonable effort to have such hearings printed and available for distribution to the Members of the Senate prior to the consideration of such measure or matter in the Senate. This paragraph—
(1) may be waived by joint agreement of the majority leader
and the minority leader of the Senate; and
(2) shall not apply to—
(A) any measure for the declaration of war, or the declaration of a national emergency, by the Congress, and
(B) any executive decision, determination, or action
which would become, or continue to be, effective unless
disapproved or otherwise invalidated by one or both
Houses of Congress

Again, I got that from http://rules.senate.gov/senaterules/Rules091407

Isn’t there something like a ‘point of parlimentary procedure’ or other the Repubs could have stated?

dish on February 13, 2009 at 10:50 PM

It’s done.

conservative pilgrim on February 13, 2009 at 10:50 PM

KSgop on February 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM

This actually comes as a surprise to you? Look at the filthy liar in the White House. Any inconvenient “lifelong” friend gets jettisoned. Look at Pelosi who refused any GOP input and didn’t even allow anybody to see the bill before they voted for it. What is a family sorrow to these people?

The Democrats in 2009 are pure evil and the sooner those who aren’t Obama zombies realize that the more can be done to salvage the nation from the bill that was passed today.

highhopes on February 13, 2009 at 10:50 PM

onlineanalyst on February 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Read the summary for NR’s #10, Ghostbusters. It’s hilarious.

BuckeyeSam on February 13, 2009 at 10:50 PM

If this is transparency, watch what they do when they want to do something SNEAKY!!!!

DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM

No quarrel from me. Taxes it is. But . . .

If the economy slows, there’s less funds to tax. And I cannot believe that the same hide-the-money attitude that got us through the Carter years won’t resurrect itself and do it again.

My prediction? The underground economy is about to become the shadow economy. And it has no taxes.

Let them own the banks – that is NOT where the wealth is.

platypus on February 13, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Amazing that no Dem senators revolted.

UncleZeb on February 13, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Socialist/communist all.

Johan Klaus on February 13, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Are you saying they increased the top C corp rate from 35% to 35.5%?

If so, what pricks. For some reason, they can’t seem to see how Ireland’s economy grew once it reduced its corporate tax rate dramatically.

BuckeyeSam on February 13, 2009 at 10:56 PM

DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Who in the media is going to call them on it?

Johan Klaus on February 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM

AP, can we have the inevitable “the 3 most hated senators in the entire world” thread? Or did we already do that?

DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Ugh. Dingy Harry is speaking.

He praises

1) climate bill

2) Rahmbo

3) David “idiot liberals” Obey

4) Schucky Schumer

5) Patty Murray

Someone get me a bucket.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Dingy Harry….

“three brave Republicans”

Why am I watching this?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 13, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Did Reid also praise his embalmer for making him look so alive?

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Cspan with Harry mentioning all types of other business, Hilda Solis for labor, DC voting rights acts, “passing our bill on a bipartisan basis,” oh gag me with a pitchfork-

It must be a full moon on this Friday the 13th.
Why is Harry and Durbin the only Dems on a Friday night on the Senate Floor, what the flying flip is this bin Laden butt kisser up to?
“I will never forget these 3 brave Republicans….”
And we all lived happily ever after, THE END.

mdetlh on February 13, 2009 at 11:01 PM

The Liberals will own this,

Obama’s Abomination!

canopfor on February 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Are you saying they increased the top C corp rate from 35% to 35.5%?

I would move to Ireland if it was not so close to Britian….

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 11:27 PM

No quarrel from me. Taxes it is. But . . .

Let them own the banks – that is NOT where the wealth is.

Barter, trade & hide….