Final stimulus vote in Senate imminent; Update: 57 yeses, three Dems still to vote

posted at 5:10 pm on February 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

The bomb’s set to drop at 5:30 p.m. 60 votes or bust, right? Wrong: Sherrod Brown’s in Ohio for his mother’s funeral and will be flying in later, which is why Reid’s planning to hold the vote open for hours after it’s done. If they get to 59 at 5:30, Brown will make it official tonight; if, in a surprise show of backbone, one of the centrists defects and they land at 58, presumably there’ll be a mad scramble to fly Teddy in from Florida. He’s scheduled to miss the vote — for now.

While we wait, here’s ProPublica’s line-by-line breakdown of what’s in the bill. Or, if you want just the dirty bits, try this. Live coverage is online at C-SPAN2, as usual.

Update: Because the vote’s being held open for Brown, we’re not going to get a final tally for hours yet. But Collins, Specter, and Snowe have all voted yes, and needless to say, no Democrat’s going to torpedo The One’s moment by switching. The deed is done.

Update: As of 6:20 p.m., there are 57 yes votes in the books with Bayh, Gillibrand, and of course Brown yet to show and add theirs. Done deal.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9 10

“Obama’s First Mistake”.

Misstep. Never a mistake, they’re missteps.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

“Something of Historic Proportion is Happening”
First posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008

Conservative_SAHM on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

My very sweet doorman in my building was very excited about the bill being voted on today. He asked me if I thought the checks will be coming soon. I told him yes. I think I lied. I actually feel sorry for those who have no idea what’s in store for them. The long wait will be tough on them.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Why should they read the Constitution? They didn’t read the bill.

And wouldn’t even let us search it. When did this country become everything I was taught about the Soviet Union?

sloopy on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I’m not a lawyer. Anyone knowledgeable in Constitutional law that can tell is if there are substantive legal challenges we can look forward to?

pugwriter on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Did you make that up?

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Now that the Dems are on a roll, watch what they try to do.
DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

They will try to take away our guns. Watch.

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

“Something of Historic Proportion is Happening”
First posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008

Conservative_SAHM on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I feel it too. I couldn’t stop watching this today.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I am going to try to be optimistic, as is my nature, and believe that this is going to come back and bite a bunch of folks in the butt. You can scare people into believing a lot of things but when they start feeling the pinch of their rights or realizing no improvement, they are going to bulk at this. And I believe some of this stuff is going to get tied up in court battles. This is the foundation for a more equitable Congress in two short years. Let’s get to work.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Cindy,
I’d love to be optimistic right now, but I’m listening to Mark Levin and it’s TERRIFYING. It’s not “two short years”, it hasn’t even been a month and look what they’re doing. This is a different country NOW, can you imagine 2 years from now?!

SoxNation on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I have my Dad’s Colt 45 from WWII.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM

NRO had a feature this week on the best 25 conservative movies. Different people selected them. This is what the entry for Lord of the Rings said:

When Frodo sighs, “I wish none of this had happened,” Gandalf’s response speaks to us, too: “So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Did you make that up?

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

No. I’m a cancer survivor. An old black man, who eventually didn’t survive, would tell me that every day we were in treatment together.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Barack Obamastein: Look! It’s moving. It’s alive. It’s alive… It’s alive, it’s moving, it’s alive, it’s alive, it’s alive, it’s alive, IT’S ALIVE!

Harry Reid: Barack – In the name of God!

Barack Obamastein: Oh, in the name of God! Now I know what it feels like to be God!

Doctor Limbaugh: You have created a monster, and it will destroy you!

MB4 on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Sweet. My mom just gifted me one of her rifles. She’s pretty liberal, and even she’s scared.

Anna on February 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Another thing that I fail to understand is why the MSM even cares that there was no Republican support for the bill (the three traitors don’t count). They and Obama won, so what difference does it make to them? Why on earth when he held his Monday press conference did he even waste his breath attacking the Republicans, he had already won with the commitments he needed on Saturday. It is not as if he believes any of the “bipartisan” mumbo jumbo.

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Now that the Dems are on a roll, watch what they try to do.
DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

They will try to take away our guns. Watch.

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

No. They will first take our free speech (Fairness “Cencorship” anyone), only then will they dare try to take away our guns.

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Many congratulations and best continued good health.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Many congratulations and best continued good health.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Thanks. That old man was right, BTW.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Oh well, off to the plastics outlet this weekend for 6″ PVC cache tubes I guess.

swash_plate on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I really want very terrible things to happen to those republican senators.

Midas on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

“… Anyone knowledgeable in Constitutional law that can tell is if there are substantive legal challenges we can look forward to?”

pugwriter on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM
=======================================

Our very own President Obama is knowledgeable in Constitutional law. Remember? I will bet that every one of these little tricks is absolutely legal.

A_Nonny_Mouse on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Ahh, my favorite line of the movie, thanks for writing that right now :)

SoxNation on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Final stimulus Porkosaurus Wrecks vote in Senate imminent

MB4 on February 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM

School House Rock- “Tyrannosaurus Debt”
Must be some crazy Republican propaganda.

Glenn Jericho on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

goat on February 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

I’m not a paranoid person, but, if you are worried that the time may come when it is a good idea to have unregistered weapons, it’s also probably a good idea to not have any sort of paper trail/written record linking you to those weapons.

Nothing on the internet ever disappears….it just waits around for someone that knows how to tap into it…

JadeNYU on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Nope the guns first as half of the population do not own and are afraid fo them. IL is a good indication of this.

Free Speech, will be second… via the news, media, blogs because even the liberals will freak on that issue.

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Here’s an optimistic thought for you; whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Friedrich Nietzsche.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I have my Dad’s Colt 45 from WWII.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Lucky girl.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I agree, we will survive this.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Has this claim that the anti-gun bs bill was inserted been cleared up yet? I find it hard to believe it happened but wtf, look what’s already in the bill that’s nearly passed :/

aikidoka on February 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

When I posted that I was joking since obviously I was thinking Nietzsche but your story is so much better. Good health to you always and weren’t you lucky to have met that lovely man?

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Here is what I found on the gun control bill HR 45.

It doesn’t sound good, and appears to have been introduced on January 6, 2009.

antiquechick on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

dugan on February 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Great find. And thanks.

Weight of Glory on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Friedrich Nietzsche.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

But from me, best wishes for a recovery – you and the other man.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I’m with you guys, even though I’m surrounded by the union lords in the port of LA..

SoxNation on February 13, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Of course we poor losers in CA are about to be hit with a pile of major tax increases — 12.5 cents/gallon more in gas tax, a 5% surcharge on our income taxes, sales tax to 9.75% — to feed the spendthrift cretins in Sacramento. They’re already planning to use their share of Osama Obama’s funny money to keep piling on state pork….

Not one state worker will be laid off, no matter how deep the state goes in the hole, and the unions (port of LA is indeed Union Heaven) are crying that their pay/benefit increases aren’t big enough.

And Nancy Pelosi, that hideous, wrinkled sh*tweasel, jets off in her “corporate jet” to Italy?

I think every senator and representative who voted for Obama’s Folly needs to be imprisoned. Ditto for every money-grubbing a$$clown in Sacramento.

Screw “due process.” When someone is trying to kill you, whatever it takes to stop them is fair.

MrScribbler on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

This always strikes me. Wonderful film/book.

However, feeling more this.

emailnuevo on February 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Here is what I found on the gun control bill HR 45.

It doesn’t sound good, and appears to have been introduced on January 6, 2009.

antiquechick on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Link goes nowhere…

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Friedrich Nietzsche.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Really? I got mine from Sam Watts. He smoked hams and turkeys in his back yard to make a living. He was a wise old guy, never imagined he would have read Nietzsche.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM

oh shad up.. I have to pay 30.

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Whaaaaaat? Are you buying leftover Black Talons or something? A gun mecca like Alaska and ammo costs that much?

One word of Bidenese for you: Rockchuker Reloader.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Check gunsamerica.com for ammo prices

goat on February 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I hope Brown has some deep thoughts on his flight back to DC.

misslizzi on February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Try this one and put in the search for HR 45.

antiquechick on February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

MrScribbler on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

And please don’t forget the billions we spend in food, housing, medical care, “education,” and incarceration for the illegals.

califcon on February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I hope Brown has some deep thoughts on his flight back to DC.

misslizzi on February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Oh please.

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I know. Sam lived it. Nietzsche just thought it.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM

It’s worked its way into common philosophy. My seventeen year old niece quoted it to me a few years ago. I thought about telling her that that which does kill you could still cripple you, but she seemed inspired by the saying, and needed inspiration at that point in her life.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Cause the main objective is making the Repubs look like the bad guy. They needed R votes so they won’t take the heat for this rip off of the American people, but they own it now and they know it so all they can do is demonize conservatives in this moment. They will be successful in doing that right now having the MSM being in bed with them.

SoxNation on February 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

My governor, on the other hand, Charlie Crist is waiting at the Capitol steps for Florida’s cut. He has been disgraceful.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Agreed by another Floridian. He is getting creepy to me. Like a ferret looking for the next camera.

Rockygold on February 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

So then all Californians with any common sense will leave the state, and who will be left????

DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I agree, we will survive this.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM

And the strong will thrive
Yes, the weak will cower while the fittest will survive
If we wait for the darkest hour
Till we spring alive
Then with claws of fire, we devour like a falcon in the dive

PercyB on February 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

SoxNation on February 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM

We move pretty slow, although I shudder to think if they speed any other legislation through. People will get tired of this disaster shtick and rebel against it. No one can live like that all the time. It’s not healthy. Pres. Obama needs the great unwashed to be quiet and satisfied.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Try this one and put in the search for HR 45.

antiquechick on February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Tried it. Where does it say that HR 45 is part of the stimulus bill?

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I sure wish I knew what to do with all the rage I am feeling. Just watched Michale Steele on Glenn Beck. Steele’s job is to find viable conservatives to run for offices. It isn’t to punish errant RHINOs. We haven’t given money to the Republican Party for at least 20 years because they give to the likes of Spector, Snowe and Collins.
How do you punish the trifecta that took our country down? What are the consequences to them? Can Mitch McConnell do it? Harry Reid seemed to get away with it. Do those three ever vote the Republican way? I sure would like some answers. Not speculation.

BetseyRoss on February 13, 2009 at 7:36 PM

School House Rock- “Tyrannosaurus Debt”
Must be some crazy Republican propaganda.

Glenn Jericho on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Make Mine Freedom (1948)

Conservative_SAHM on February 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Too late now. The DEMs own it no matter how the MSM spins it. It’s their baby. And if Michael Steele and the RNC shuns the 3 senators, that will press the point.

DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I learned that there is a difference between knowledge and wisdom from that old man. Its one thing to know something and another to be guided by the wisdom of that knowledge. I think a lot of us will learn and relearn that over the next few years. It will take a lot of soul-searching from people who never had to consider what life is really all about.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

The worst part is, every time you read “education” or “outreach” in the bill, that means leftist special interest groups will get the money. There won’t be much education going on, just indoctrination. And plenty of payoffs for supporters. Their job is to build the permanent dependent electorate.

Why doesn’t the right get some of these activist groups going?

PattyJ on February 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

If his income is low enough, he probably will be getting a check. The “individual tax relief” portion of the bill contains lots of “tax credits” (in other words, disguised welfare payments) for low-income people who file tax returns. And of course, if your doorman has a mortgage he’s defaulted on, he’ll soon be eligible for an “adjustment” in the amount he owes — courtesy of the taxpayers.

It’s all part of Barry’s plan to redistribute the wealth to achieve his version of “social justice.”

AZCoyote on February 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Now that the Dems are on a roll, watch what they try to do.
DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM
They will try to take away our guns. Watch.

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I just stopped to buy a box of shotgun shells from a local gun shop and the owner told me the libs hid some gun control measures in porkulus. I am late to this thread and don’t have time to read all the comments. Does anyone know if this is true? I wouldn’t put anything past these bastards.

flyfisher on February 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

So obviously they have doubts about it being great for the country, otherwise they would want all the credit for its future success, and could care less if they had Republican support.

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I gotta go. I’m depressed. Gonna watch an action movie where the hero kicks ass and wins! Probably a Bruce Willis movie. Catch you all on the flipside…

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

It doesn’t matter what Michael Steele says publicly now. The reality is that HIS MAIN JOB is fund raising, and if it donations to the RNC fall in punishment for these 3 traitors, he will change his tune. Watch.

DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

BetseyRoss on February 13, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Collins got re-elected in 2008, and Snowe in 2006. But Specter is up in 2010, and I would guess he will have a primary challenger. Contribute to the challenger if you choose.

Not much McConnell can do. The GOP Caucus probably has to expel them, and there’s still too much collegiality for that.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Rockygold on February 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I think my statement is grammatically horrid but it’s the thought that counts. Old Tan in a Can is creepy to the max.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I don’t believe it is part of the stimulas bill. Just one that got introduced by a rep from Illinois I think. Go figure.

Heres another site that is interesting.

I see that New Hampshire has a bill before their legislature for states rights and so does Arizona. So people are obviously getting tired of what is happening.

antiquechick on February 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM

swash_plate on February 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

A while back I learned an excellent saying from somebody here at HotAir: When we need to bury our guns, it’s time to use them.

FloatingRock on February 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM

PercyB on February 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Nicely said.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM

MrScribbler on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

califcon on February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Thats why I am seriously thinking of packing up and heading back to Al. I love it out here but the idiots are driving me and my business out.

goat on February 13, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Paid $17/box for ACP ball ammo….that was scary too.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Natchez Shooters Supplies has some good prices for .45.

Ranging from $15/box for the aluminum cased CCI Blazer ammo to $16-16.50 for the brass cased from Blazer or Federal.

The S&B ammo (though foreign made) is pretty good quality IMO but it’s sold out.

Buy it now folks before prices go up even more or there are so many restrictions on buying it that it might as well be illegal.

Yakko77 on February 13, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Yes, the bill has been out there for a little bit now. I haven’t seen any confirmation that it’s in the bill yet, so I’m still thinking it didn’t happen. Still keeping my fingers crossed though.

aikidoka on February 13, 2009 at 7:45 PM

AZCoyote on February 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM

If all that comes to fruition, I guarantee you he will be living in my condo and I will be guarding the door. And thank you, Mr. President. You jackass.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Question: Are they done with all the emergency rules, or will bills going forward get done in the normal order of legislation, so there is time to actually protest before something is passed? Also, if there is any litigation on the constitutionality of any of these provisions, how are they going to determine legislative intent, since there was no real debate etc.?

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM

From the NRA website:

Rumors and the Economic Stimulus Bill

Friday, February 13, 2009

We have been hearing many rumors, and receiving many inquiries, about “buried” provisions in the federal economic stimulus bill that would negatively affect our Second Amendment rights. People have claimed the bill would designate interstate highways as national parks, or impose ammunition encoding and new ammunition taxes. Fortunately, and contrary to what you may have heard, there are no provisions in this bill prohibiting firearms or ammunition anywhere, or for anyone.

The only reference in the bill to firearms is a provision authorizing funds for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ (BATFE) “Project Gunrunner,” which is a program that enforces existing laws to reduce smuggling of firearms from the United States to Mexico. This program imposes no new restrictions on gun owners, and if it did, we can assure you we would take swift action.

flyfisher on February 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

MrScribbler on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I know, how screwed are we? It would’ve been nice to have thrown Arnold on his ass yesterday (and that wouldn’t have been soon enough), but then again you remove one loser and another one will replace him. He’s a coward/clown/ whatever the hell else you want to call him, and I can’t wait for him to be gone.
–And this isn’t going to surprise you- growing up with all the kids of the union guys at the port was a real treat, going to a friends house it was a constant that one of their long-shoring parents would always be home. The kid would ask, why are you home you’re supposed to be at work? Parent would always reply, I am, I’m still on the clock, only ‘worked’ 3 hours today and getting paid for 10. And they would all have a big laugh and cash in their FAT paychecks.

SoxNation on February 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Good job flyfisher

aikidoka on February 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM

MrScribbler on February 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

They are also doubling the car tag tax.

goat on February 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Nicely said.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Well, the pretty thing did rhyme in four places, as you saw. And if a rhyme rhymes, it makes a poem, if you follow me.

PercyB on February 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM

flyfisher on February 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

The gun restrictions will come later then.

For our safety and for the children of course.

*rolleyes*

Yakko77 on February 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Ive been finding that I’m listening to more music lately. Particularly tracks off Death Magnetic by Metallica. There is just something about the lyrics on some of the tracks that seem to fit the current situation.

Dreadnought223 on February 13, 2009 at 7:50 PM

It just occureed to me.

At least Ted Kennedy gets one benefit from the legislation:

When he dies, he won’t be encumbered with contrast issues.

Generational Purse Snatcher, indeed.

-T

The Therapist on February 13, 2009 at 7:50 PM

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM

The SCOTUS can always call K Street and ask the lobbyists who wrote the bill what it was they intended.

AZCoyote on February 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM

califcon on February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

How can I? I live in the town of Mayor Antonio “we clean your toilets!” Villaraigosa.

I so want to leave this f’ed up state. But Osama Obama is making almost any other state equally unpalatable.

And I still advocate welding shut the doors of congress in D.C. — with all those worthless POS “servants of the people” inside.

MrScribbler on February 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM

At first I was Afraid, I was Petrified…
Thinking how this Stimulus was going by and by
But then I spent to many nights, thinking how the Senate did me wrong.
But I am strong, I know how to get along!

And now their Back from their Recess, and I just click on CSPAN to see that look of greed upon their face.
I should have voted them on out, I should those golden ounces for safe keeping.
If I’d have known that you would have voted out my AR-15!
So now I know, their out that door, We need to vote them out they aren’t welcome anymore!
Weren’t they the one who tried to vote on guns and our speech, you thought we’d stopped, we didn’t lay down and DIE!
Oh no, not I. We WILL SURVIVE! As long as you know you are our elected, we have our lives and no love to give, We have our lives to live, We have no live to give and we’ll survive, We WILL SURVIVE… VOTE OUT!

It took all damn night I had to vote my heart, kept thinking hard to vote the “Right” with so many old farts. And we spents so many nights feeling for for ourselves, We used to cry… But now we hold out head up HIGH. And now you see, sombody new, that new politician who is better then you. And so you want to drop on in and expect to them to be sweet, Now I saved all this hatered for you to see us free!

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM

SoxNation on February 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I have a friend that got in as a casual on the last round of hiring (his dad is in the union).

He’s never been political, but, every now and then he’d say things like, “A guy at work today told me that President Bush is trying to kill our jobs.” For someone like this kid to talk politics means it had to have been non-stop at the docks that day.

I would always snort and say, “Exactly how do you suppose the President is going to get rid of your job? He has no control over your job.” He’d stop and think for a minute and say, “Huh….I guess that doesn’t make sense.”

Still, the next time around he’d be repeating it again….

JadeNYU on February 13, 2009 at 7:53 PM

AZCoyote on February 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Ha, soooo true

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I hope Specter chokes on his own vomit tonight.

Jaibones on February 13, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I hope Specter chokes on his own vomit tonight.

Jaibones on February 13, 2009 at 7:54 PM

hi

TheJoker on February 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM

SoxNation on February 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I know people who work for the City and County of LA, and they are doing that now. It’s like a big joke to them. And that despicable Vivalaraza is going to be re-elected without even breaking a sweat.

califcon on February 13, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Maybe it’s time to infiltrate the enemy’s camp…….

…….. get some of the cash, fund our own clandestine mission, and keep the counter intelligence alive and well?

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2009 at 8:04 PM

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I have difficulty feeling sorry for someone who gets excited about being given money that was taken from someone else against their will.

29Victor on February 13, 2009 at 8:09 PM

29Victor on February 13, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Yes, I agree. My reason for saying I felt sorry for him is that his disappointment is going to be like a slap in the face. I get it and you get it. Those that don’t were used and manipulated by their leader.

sherry on February 13, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Poor folks in California, I have heard both Hugh Hewitt and Dennis Miller talk about leaving the state. I don’t know how y’all make it.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 8:17 PM

“My vote was cast recognizing the very substantial political peril that I face. I know that there are many on the Republican political spectrum who do not like the vote. I remember, obviously, the tough primary fight I had in the year 2004. But I felt in the final analysis, given the very severe consequences which might befall the country, that my duty was to look out for the public interest and not my own personal political interest. That is why I voted as I did.”

From $pecters website. Glad he recognizes that his days in politics are OVER

dish on February 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM

There was no reason for any republican to vote for this. If it fails in its goals, they can say “I told you so” and appear smart. If it succeeds, they’re out of power already anyway, so they’ve lost nothing.

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Please, let the stim no pass GOD or god (or whatever u may believe). I am a small, not with a capital S, business and this wonderful bill will not help me but may close me down, thank you demo’s a the big O for you help. With all do respect, u are no friend of mine. The two employees that I have will be gone soon, sorry and my business will just be ME, sixty plus hours per week, but me.

foxone on February 13, 2009 at 8:21 PM

OMG!! Are people that stupid!! This is why we have arrived at this point.
It is no different than faith healers saying they can cure your cancer.
At least in Texas I don’t have the pleasure to bump into people that are that clueless. I am sure we have some but since I work for a living I don’t have a chance to meet many Obama supporters. Tell them “Yes, the check is in the mail and the Federal Government will help you real soon, suckas.”

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Does the narrative change now from “Obama’s Rocky Start” to “Obama’s Big Victory”?

Kensington on February 13, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Quote from a California resident:

¿Qué? Estamos teniendo problemas? Tengo mucho trabajo y no tienen que pagar impuestos, California, es grande y me da mucho.

Translation:

What? We are having problems? I get plenty of work and don’t have to pay taxes, California is great and give me plenty.

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 8:28 PM

You know the MSM will be giving headjobs to the one for this.
Do you think the MSM will do much reporting during the depression?

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM

God save the Republic.

GlocknRoll on February 13, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Now that the Dems are on a roll, watch what they try to do.
DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

They will try to take away our guns. Watch.

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Then they can expect a civil war…when they pry it from my cold dead hands!

jwp1964 on February 13, 2009 at 8:36 PM