Final stimulus vote in Senate imminent; Update: 57 yeses, three Dems still to vote

posted at 5:10 pm on February 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

The bomb’s set to drop at 5:30 p.m. 60 votes or bust, right? Wrong: Sherrod Brown’s in Ohio for his mother’s funeral and will be flying in later, which is why Reid’s planning to hold the vote open for hours after it’s done. If they get to 59 at 5:30, Brown will make it official tonight; if, in a surprise show of backbone, one of the centrists defects and they land at 58, presumably there’ll be a mad scramble to fly Teddy in from Florida. He’s scheduled to miss the vote — for now.

While we wait, here’s ProPublica’s line-by-line breakdown of what’s in the bill. Or, if you want just the dirty bits, try this. Live coverage is online at C-SPAN2, as usual.

Update: Because the vote’s being held open for Brown, we’re not going to get a final tally for hours yet. But Collins, Specter, and Snowe have all voted yes, and needless to say, no Democrat’s going to torpedo The One’s moment by switching. The deed is done.

Update: As of 6:20 p.m., there are 57 yes votes in the books with Bayh, Gillibrand, and of course Brown yet to show and add theirs. Done deal.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8 10

58 ayes now; Gillibrand just voted.

Does anyone know what the delay in the last 3 votes has been?

sloopy on February 13, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Laziness?

Brown isn’t able to vote for several hours yet.

Enoxo on February 13, 2009 at 6:57 PM

58 ayes now; Gillibrand just voted.

Does anyone know what the delay in the last 3 votes has been?

Nobody wants to be the final vote. They will be pictured as the guy with the last nail, hammering it into the coffin.

There is A WHOLE LOT of dealing going no now.

portlandon on February 13, 2009 at 6:57 PM

WE Surround Them

Glenn Beck

Do you watch the direction that America is being taken in and feel powerless to stop it?

Do you believe that your voice isn’t loud enough to be heard above the noise anymore?

Do you read the headlines everyday and feel an empty pit in your stomach…as if you’re completely alone?

If so, then you’ve fallen for the Wizard of Oz lie. While the voices you hear in the distance may sound intimidating, as if they surround us from all sides—the reality is very different. Once you pull the curtain away you realize that there are only a few people pressing the buttons, and their voices are weak. The truth is that they don’t surround us at all.

We surround them.

So, how do we show America what’s really behind the curtain? Below are nine simple principles. If you believe in at least seven of them, then we have something in common. I urge you to read the instructions at the end for how to help make your voice heard.

Continued at Beck’s Website HERE.

Conservative_SAHM on February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Why are they holding out Bayh ? Do they think something is going to happen or is Bayh playing hardball? If Brown could NOT get back for some reason…wonder what is really going on. Do the Repubs have Bayh tied up in someone’s office somewhere? Just askin’

labwrs on February 13, 2009 at 6:56 PM

If Brown is not there before the last vote is cast, then thats it. Bayh is holding the vote open for Brown to come back.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

All the gun talk is rather boggling. Instead of coming up with better ideas, you want to arm yourselves?

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

The federal government will be perfectly happy to listen to all our ideas…after they take our guns.

WisCon on February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

No! Gillibrand aye!

emailnuevo on February 13, 2009 at 6:52 PM

How can you be surprised???? Al Gore was pro gun when he was a Tennessee Senator but he quickly forgot that when he needed to as VP. Turned from being pro tobacco and pro life, too.

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

SoxNation, Patric, and CalifCon: I think both statements are true: We had a small (1.9) earthquake, *and* I have the shakes. :-P

Nice to know there are local HotAirians — when the riots break out again (as they will), we can watch each other’s backs.

Mary in LA on February 13, 2009 at 6:27 PM

I want in on this roving pack of HotAirians. I’m ready to defend what I got.

InCali on February 13, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I’m with you guys, even though I’m surrounded by the union lords in the port of LA..

SoxNation on February 13, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I’m in Santa Monica – Count me in as well!

JadeNYU on February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Gillibrand was the 58th. Everyone go call Bayh’s office right now…..

malan89 on February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Thanks genso, thought so but wasnt sure. Too bad.

labwrs on February 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Anyone know of a place between VT and DC I can score some tar and feathers?

RightWinged on February 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Conservative_SAHM on February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I love Glenn for what he’s doing here. It’s good to know we’re not alone.

Anna on February 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Well hell, lets all go to Vegas. I hear they could use the business.

johnnyU on February 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Can’t hurt . . . nobody gives a rat’s ass about conservative ideas anymore.

califcon on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Too bad.

labwrs on February 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Indeed.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Does anyone know what the delay in the last 3 votes has been?

sloopy on February 13, 2009 at 6:56 PM

I honestly think Bayh and Gillibrand have (or in her case, had) second thoughts about it. They are both relatively moderate (or in her case, used to be).

malan89 on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Question. Serious Question.

From time to time you hear about some groups in South Carolina wanting to succeed from the uion. You have heard rumors about Alaska. Now don’t laugh but will this be a battle cry. People the only way this is going to change is a revolution. some one needs to put together a boston tea party for washington. we need a million man march on washington and shut down the town. 2,3,4,10 million people need to show up

kara26 on February 13, 2009 at 6:53 PM<blockquote

No one is laughing dude. I’m there and I mean it. It will take dedication, willingness to make a lot of sacrifice, but just think about what the founding fathers went through. I’ve never been an activist, but by golly I’m 55 years old, and I am worried to death about my children and grandchildren. My son has been unemployed for over 2 months and is worried sick he won’t be able to find a job. We are doing what we can to help but we also have an elderly mother-in-law with dementia and my moms health isn’t the greatest. Money has been flying out of our billfolds lately and I’m scared.

jewells45 on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

We may be overreacting here… We’re overreacting here right? I hope I’m just overreacting… Please God let us just be overreacting….

please…

Ampersand on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

This coming from someone who’s nicknamed Karl Rove “Turd Blossom” on their own website?

…uh huh.

flyawaybird on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM
Um…I’m already armed…not wanting to it. Have the PTC too.

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

According to Steven Moore and Jonathan Hoenig the states are required to take the money from this Bill. It will be interesting to see what the governors who were against will do.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 6:57 PM

There is a provision in it (The Mark Sanford Penalty) that requires each governor to notify the Congress within 45 days if they won’t take the money. Then the bill authorizes the state legislature to override the governor.

Constitutional problems there – both state and federal.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Not surprised, really. Just sad.

emailnuevo on February 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM

While I still have a few dollars to my name, my husband and I are going to a bball game tonight where I will drink ANYTHING they are selling that has alcohol in it.

labwrs on February 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Bayh’s voicemail full. Switching to fax: (202) 228-1377

Mary in LA on February 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Things looked pretty bad in 1979 too.

We can take stock that the next generation of Republican leadership is going to be unlike anything we have seen in the past. At least the RINOs will be gone, and the Independents will have a definable choice as to which group to support.

For right now, we shall see what shape Michael Steele and his team’s response might be, and what kind of reprisals will take place against the trio who crossed the aisle.

itzWicks on February 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

How much ya wanna bet they do another Trillion in a few months? I’m not kidding.

johnnyU on February 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Dude, a Kimber? I was looking at one of those at Cabelas just the other day.

Went shopping for .223 and 5.56 ammo and found that the cheap stuff was sold out AGAIN.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Yeah, I got it about 8-9 years ago. Pretty basic… for a Kimber at least. It’s a Series I (no unnecessary firing pin safety) Custom Classic. All black except for the stainless barrel. Solid American Steel, no alloys or polymers, no rails, night sights or lights or any other bells and whistles. Just a super accurate out of the box 1911 that shoots all the time every time. My only real gripe about it is the cheap factory mags. Gotta get the Wilson Combat mags with just about any 1911 it seems to make sure it’s fed properly.

Yakko77 on February 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I just searched through the conference committee documents. I couldn’t find any references to guns or firearms, although than an appropriation going to the ATF.

Part A: http://appropriations.house.gov/pdf/Recovery_Bill_Div_A.pdf
Part B: http://appropriations.house.gov/pdf/Recovery_Bill_Div_B.pdf

If HR 45 was snuck in here, I’m unable to find a reference to it. (Maybe I’m searching for the wrong words though… the darn thing doesn’t have an index or table of contents, so parsing through it is slooooow).

Dave Shay on February 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Constitutional problems there – both state and federal.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

And we are not taking that lightly here in SC.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Everyone here at Hot Air needs to write Steele and let him know how we feel. Let’s see if he’s as good as I think he is.

jewells45 on February 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I love Glenn for what he’s doing here. It’s good to know we’re not alone.

Anna on February 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM

As soon as they’ve stuffed this monstosity down our throats their next priorities will be talk radio, foxnews and guns.

This could all be stopped with millions of people marching into DC to throw these bums out … by hand.

darwin on February 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

labwrs on February 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM

My husband and I already paid for a sitter tomorrow night, so I think we will still go out to dinner, and take one last night to celebrate being free. And on Sunday, we’re cutting back on spending completely, other than the barest necessities. /Sigh

Anna on February 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

johnnyU on February 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I thought Obama was planning that fresh hell for Monday.

anniekc on February 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Buying guns IS a better idea.

You can bet your bottom dollar that I won’t be registering all of mine- registration always leads to confiscation. ALWAYS. Come get them, ATF. I double-dog dare ya.

Besides, when Obama destroys the economy being armed against the resulting increase in crime is quite prudent. From an economic standpoint, guns hold their value very well. Something that we won’t be able to say of the US dollar for very long.

Hollowpoint on February 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Not knowing what “gun” talk you speak of, I have to ask… I thought you disappeared a long time ago… WTF are you doing here? We have plenty of better ideas… Your socialist pals who are consciously out to destroy this country refuse to acknowledge them. How many times have you heard Obama lay out the false notion that it’s “this bill or inaction” this week? There are plenty of alternatives offered, but this lying SOB has repeatedly lied and said there aren’t. This is borderline a dictatorship… or at least it will be when all is said and done.

RightWinged on February 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM

And we are not taking that lightly here in SC.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Haley Barbour may also being on recrod saying he didn’t want stimulus money.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Interesting. It does appear to be overstepping the Federal authority. Gov. Sanford must be pretty proud. My governor, on the other hand, Charlie Crist is waiting at the Capitol steps for Florida’s cut. He has been disgraceful.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Dave Shay on February 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

It’s just an unsubstantiated report. The on-line versions were changed to scanned PDF to make them unsearchable.

Given how many gun-owners there might be in NV, I wonder if Harry would let it in.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

It’s a Constitutional rights thing, you wouldn’t understand.

Move along.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Hey who ever listened to GlennBeck.. can you tell me exactly what whoever (need that persons name too) said that the HR 45 bill may have been in the Stimulus Bill?

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 6:51 PM

NH State Representative Dan Itse said it today. He rattled it off as if fact; Beck didn’t even bat an eyelash though. I did a double-take, rewound it, and sure enough Itse said it. That’s it, that’s the extent of what was said about it. I gotta believe the NRA would be all over this if it was true – even so, because this bill was rammed down our throats, and so much of it was kept from the public, I think it’s worth looking into.

dugan on February 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Mine too. He’s talking about how they won’t have to lay off tens of thousands of state employees.

That tells me that we have way too many state employees in Tennessee.

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Allah and I may not see eye to eye… but the mushroom cloud pic was pretty spot on concerning this.

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Bayh – aye. Only Brown now.

Trent1289 on February 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Everyone here at Hot Air needs to write Steele and let him know how we feel.
jewells45 on February 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

That might result in a visit from the Secret Service.

Steele needs to put his foot down hard- boot the Traitor Three from the party. The dems already have a supermajority in the Senate for all practical purposes.

Hollowpoint on February 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Sad. And I saw a report today that Crist is beating every other possible GOP hopeful for the nomination to run for Martinez’ seat in a recent poll.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Bayh aye.

emailnuevo on February 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Dude, a Kimber? I was looking at one of those at Cabelas just the other day.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 6:45 PM

The day I bought the H&K USP, Cabela’s was selling iron like crazy. This one guy bought TWO Bushmaster AR-15′s that Cabela’s had just gotten that day. They never even got them on the display shelf. They guy shows up and asks if they have any not really expecting them to, they looked in back for him and found them still in their box as brand new as can be. Lots of extras on them too. I think he spent over a $1000 for each. He must’ve got a good tax return… the lucky bastard.

Yakko77 on February 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Bayh aye.

emailnuevo on February 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM
Death to America.

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

It’s not that I’m against the guns and shooting, it’s just that Italy’s a big place and I’m not sure I’ll be able to find her!

anniekc on February 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Glad to know I’m not alone in loathing him.

emailnuevo on February 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

dugan on February 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Thank Dugan. I do not have G.B. up here so I want to make sure before I do some investigating.

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Some people can do something called multitasking.

Ampersand on February 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Haley Barbour may also being on recrod saying he didn’t want stimulus money.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM

I LOVE Haley Barbour, he was the best RNC Chairman ever.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

When the truth about what is in this bill gets out, there will be screeching from every corner of the country. Too late, of course, but Obama owns this thing. He won’t be able to run as a moderate democrat next time around. Everything he said during the primary, not the general, is how he is going to govern. I hope republicans who crossed over and voted for him are proud of their votes tonight.

Sue on February 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

labwrs on February 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Anna on February 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM

This is so sad, no on should have to think about this crap, NO ONE. Yet the government run by these POS libtards can come in here and force you think if you could even be able to afford to have children of your own and have a decent family life. I AM BEYOND ENRAGED.

SoxNation on February 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Bayh aye.

emailnuevo on February 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Done when Brown arrives, then.

I don’t know what to say. It’s like 9/11, when one really didn’t know what was going to happen to our whole country’s future. If we’d survive, and as what.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Oh yeah this is just a downpayment on the real butt-rape of the taxpayer that is yet to come. Make no mistake about that. And then we get “reconciliation” when they have to figure out how to pay for it all.

The biggest FAIL here is with our media who refused to demand even a modicum of adherence to President Emanuel’s actual campaign and transition promises of transparency and fiscal responsibility or scrutinize anything that is in this monstrosity. Instead they’re all just tingly that President Emanuel got his economic plan done faster than any other President in history.

rockmom on February 13, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Everybody make sure you contact Steele and make it clear: If Specter and the Mainiac Sisters recieve continued support from the RNC, the RNC CANNOT expect ONE MORE CENT from us.

I’d say that makes things pretty easy for the chairman: dump three jerkoffs who screwed the praty and the American taxpayer for kickbacks from The Chicago Machine White House OR Lose your base and grassroots organization and contributors.

Simple choice Mike: Do the right thing or be the guy who lets the party go the way of the Whigs and Federalists.

SuperCool on February 13, 2009 at 7:10 PM

That tells me that we have way too many state employees in Tennessee.

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Gee…common sense. Who’d a thought it would be the smartest thing I’ve seen today.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Final stimulus Porkosaurus Wrecks vote in Senate imminent

MB4 on February 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:10 PM

It’s more like watching 9/11 with two-thirds of the country cheering on the hijackers as they head towards the towers and the U.S. Air Force guiding them in.

rockmom on February 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM

It IS generational theft, ass.

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Conservatives against Collins, Snowe, and Specter.

This should be beaten into the RNC.. period.

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

I’ve watched this thing get talked to death since last fall. No one making decisions on the economy knows what they are doing and partisan politics for personal gain are now running the show. You know that, you also know there are no new, magic solutions, that we are essentially helpless, and that things will get worse. Gasbaggery is fine to a point, but when a trillion dollar bill is passed without being read by those voting on it, the handwriting is on the wall.

a capella on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Explain to me how they say they can have 60 after Brown gets there when the Minnesota 2nd senator is unavailable?

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

By the way: I said it first:

Barack Obama – Generational Purse Snatcher.

-T

The Therapist on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Yakko77 on February 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Sweet. I was looking at the Custom Carry, brushed finish, just enough extras (skeleton hammer and trigger) to make me really really want it, though the price is scary.

I had no idea they’re mags were problematic, though I too buy Wilson’s just to make sure. My Springfield Armory mags are solid, but they cost as much as the Wilson’s so why not get the upgraded mags for the same price.

Paid $17/box for ACP ball ammo….that was scary too.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Time will tell just what Pelosi-Obama used as bribery to get the three Republicans to vote for this landmark bill that will ultimately go down in history as the single largest theft of citizen money on record. Specter, Collins, & Snow must have either gotten something huge for themselves, or the Dems had some dirt on them that is huge.

Either way, this bill will be known as the Obama Bill, owned by Obama lock-stock & barrel. Specter, Collins, & Snow are as good as dead now. Steele and the rest of the Republicans that held the line will shun these losers, and rightfully so.

Keemo on February 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

By the way: I said it first:

Barack Obama – Generational Purse Snatcher.

-T

The Therapist on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM
K. You said it first.

ladyingray on February 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

They have 57 now plus the “Terrible Trio” who all voted for Porkulus.

Stick a fork in us, we’re done.

Matt Helm on February 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Paid $17/box for ACP ball ammo….that was scary too.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

oh shad up.. I have to pay 30.

upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

The whitehouse is providing a plane for Brown to return to the senate tonight to provide the 60th vote. Isn’t there something wrong with that?

Sue on February 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM

emailnuevo on February 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM

He’s gotten my last vote for anything. With any kind of luck I will be living somewhere else. Not that I don’t love Florida but we are just trying to end up close to Virginia Beach.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Rumors and the Economic Stimulus Bill

According to the NRA, sounds like Itse may have bit on a rumor and propagated it.

dugan on February 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Constitutional problems there – both state and federal.

Huh???

The 10th Amendment states: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” This amendment was the basis of the doctrine of states’ rights that became the ante-bellum rallying cry of the Southern states, which sought to restrict the ever-growing powers of the federal government. The principle of states’ rights and state sovereignty eventually led the Southern states to secede from the central government that they believed had failed to honor the covenant that had originally bound the states together.

The “stimulus” crisis of 2009 was a dispute over the Liberal-inspired
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

“Stimulus” money that benefited liberal interests were detrimental to conservative interests. The legal basis for the conservative call for nullification of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 was firmly rooted in states’-rights principles. Liberal proposals to abolish or restrict talk radio- an institution firmly protected by the Constitution- escalated the regional differences in the country and rallied the conservative states firmly behind the doctrine of states’ rights and the sovereignty of the individual states. Conservatives viewed the Constitution as a contractual agreement that was invalidated because its conditions had been breached. The Conservative movement that was subsequently formed by the seceded states was patterned on the doctrine of states’ rights. That doctrine, ironically, played a large role in the destruction of the country that it had caused to be created.

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Harry has 57 Dems. 41 in the GOP. (Teddy and MN missing).

The RINO three, added to Harry’s 57, makes 60.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Sorry, I meant to say they have 57 now with the Terrible Trio, those 3 Dems aren’t about to buck the party and risk the wrath of the One

Matt Helm on February 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM

rockmom on February 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM

OMG, that is an excellent, if somewhat blasphemous, analogy.

califcon on February 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Sue on February 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

My thought as well. Of course they have the votes to waive parliamentary objections. Who the hell knows about any of this crap.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM

SuperCool on February 13, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I will vote individual Republican candidates but nothing to the national fund so long as there is the possibility that these traitors get any support. And it isn’t about the need or not of passing some legislation it is this wholesale rush to vote on something not a single politician has even read!

This is all the doing of the filthy liar and Dem Congress.
When the details are known, and it will come shortly, all the rage needs to be targeted at them and the three traitors from the GOP who didn’t even use their vote to keep debate open long enough for the public to find out what the filthy liar got passed with Pelosi and Reid!

It really is that simple.

highhopes on February 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM

I might add this:

Both houses of Congress just passed this bill without having the time necessary to even read it, let alone debate it. This is mind boggling by itself. Our government just passed this monstrosity without even reading it’s contents. WOW!!!!

Keemo on February 13, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Barack Obama – Generational Purse Snatcher.

V. V. FUNNY

anniekc on February 13, 2009 at 7:16 PM

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Why should they read the Constitution? They didn’t read the bill.

There probably are questionalbe portions in it that would be subject to litigation. I hope every project is challenged with a call for an environmental impact study.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Keemo on February 13, 2009 at 7:16 PM

All written by lobbyists weeks ago and ready to go.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:17 PM

I guess that knee surgery my doctor thinks I may need in 2 or 3 years is out of the question now.

jewells45 on February 13, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Harry has 57 Dems. 41 in the GOP. (Teddy and MN missing).

The RINO three, added to Harry’s 57, makes 60.

Wethal on February 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Bummer, just grasping at straws…despair sets in…

txmomof6 on February 13, 2009 at 7:17 PM

It’s alive. It’s alive!
- Bictor Obamenstein

MB4 on February 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM

oh shad up.. I have to pay 30.
upinak on February 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Whaaaaaat? Are you buying leftover Black Talons or something? A gun mecca like Alaska and ammo costs that much?

One word of Bidenese for you: Rockchuker Reloader.

Bishop on February 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Time will tell just what Pelosi-Obama used as bribery to get the three Republicans to vote for this porkfest bill that will ultimately go down in history as the single largest theft of citizen money on record. Specter, Collins, & Snow must have either gotten something huge for themselves, or the Dems had some dirt on them that is huge.

Really a shame that the 3 amigos and their families won’t be around to enjoy their pork.

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I am going to try to be optimistic, as is my nature, and believe that this is going to come back and bite a bunch of folks in the butt. You can scare people into believing a lot of things but when they start feeling the pinch of their rights or realizing no improvement, they are going to bulk at this. And I believe some of this stuff is going to get tied up in court battles. This is the foundation for a more equitable Congress in two short years. Let’s get to work.

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM

“Either way, this bill will be known as the Obama Bill”

Yeah, until He discovers its a crap sandwich, at which time The Chosen One will declare ‘I said it was a bad bill, but it’s the only bill THEY GAVE ME.’

When you are The One, you don’t make mistakes. Mistakes are made by others.

GarandFan on February 13, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Constantine on February 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

When the government ignores the will of the people it becomes tyrannical. The taking up of arms is the last stand of the people against tyranny and the last any of us shall ever have. If the people ever lack the will to raise arms against the government then those that run it have nothing to fear.
the right of the people to keep and bear arms is meant to impose the fear into our leaders of an armed revolution in is the final check and balance of the American People in our systems of checks and balances.
As it stands tonight the Legislative Branch of Government has trampled on the will of the American people who have been calling and faxing for days not to screw us all over. If an Armed revolutino begins I’m half tempted to join in to revert back and restore the constitution.
I will not live under socialism nor feign happiness under it and try to get by. Apathy is death and Apathy to the socialist order that is being thrust upon us all in the form of nationalized health care is not something I will abide by.
Cry about the mention of guns if you will but you need to understand why people would say it. Such as betrayal of the American People we are seeing now.

theguardianii on February 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Cindy Munford on February 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Here’s an optimistic thought for you; whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM

GarandFan on February 13, 2009 at 7:20 PM

And any time a mistake does get pinned on him, the media writes it up as “Obama’s First Mistake”.

He’s a perpetual mistake virgin….no matter how often he does it…he’s remains pure.

JadeNYU on February 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM

All my guns are inherited from a time before gun registration was ever heard, 4 shotguns, 6 rifles and a pistol.

goat on February 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM

My concern is that it will take a few years for the full disaster of this bill to be realized. In the meantime, Congress will have passed a couple more trillion dollar bills.

Now that the Dems are on a roll, watch what they try to do. They do not understand the concept of overreaching. Beside, now that they have the 3 traitors in their pocket, nothing is impossible.

DrStock on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Why should they read the Constitution? They didn’t read the bill.

So yes the Constitution is dead. That means the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is null & void. The courts are also null & void. These “stimulus” projects will be the ultimate bridge to nowhere. Eventually China will tire of buying our bonds as they will be worthless. Mexico is on the verge of collapse – perhaps ex-Americans can make a deal with all the Mexicans to swap places?

izoneguy on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM

goat on February 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I’m the same. Guns? What guns?

genso on February 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM