Stimulusmania: Support for bill soars to 59%

posted at 5:40 pm on February 11, 2009 by Allahpundit

Up seven points in seven days. I knew The One’s salesmanship would give it a bump, but I didn’t figure on this much:

Most of the newfound support comes from rank-and-file Democrats, suggesting President Barack Obama’s efforts to sell the plan over the past week — including in his first televised news conference on Monday — have shored up support within his own party. Last week, Gallup found 70% of Democrats in favor of Congress passing the economic stimulus package, but today that figure is 82%.

Over the same period, support for the stimulus package held steady among independents, with a slight majority in favor of it. The percentage of Republicans favoring the package rose slightly from 24% to 28%, but remains below the 34% support received in early January, before Congress began its formal consideration of the package.

Among people who think the economy’s in “poor” shape, support currently stands at 61 percent. The One’s approval rating, per McClatchy: A robust 69 percent. Exit question: Enough political cover for the wavering three to hop aboard? Just listen to this sales pitch. Who could resist?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The USA the whole world has jumped the shark.
Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

jgapinoy on February 11, 2009 at 5:42 PM

jgapinoy on February 11, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Maybe he could flip the table as Obama is signing the bill.

WashJeff on February 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Well, let’s see. After the Messiah hands out goodies to people at his “townhall” meetings, and the media’s slathering devotion to all things Democratic, how could people who pay no attention to anything political or economic NOT support it? I’ve long thought that the media and the Donks will start saying how well the economy is doing, after they get their grab bag of goodies. We’ll see in about a week.

Badger in KC on February 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I wonder about a lot of this. Just yesterday evening I was reading somewhere that support was slipping. Maybe it depends on who does the poll and how they ask the question. I think most people want the government to do something, they just differ on what. That can cover a lot of territory.

Terrye on February 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM

As I said earlier. Clearly the public wants this, or more elected officials would be balking.

Any real opposition to this is a myth. Or a fantasy.

lorien1973 on February 11, 2009 at 5:46 PM

People are gullible and, quite frankly, stupid. They also supported FDR’s New Deal which, according to UCLA, extended the depression by 7 years.

amerpundit on February 11, 2009 at 5:46 PM

And Rasmusen says?

Romeo13 on February 11, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Badger:

Just today some lady told me that she thought the media was picking on Obama. People can be so dense.

Terrye on February 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM

This country is dead. Say goodbye to the “United States of America” because it simply does not exist anymore. Fly your hammer and sickle and enjoy the fruits of your nanny state but remember, the cost was all of your self-determination and individual liberties. Maybe someday another great nation will rise to take its place. It’s a sad day for a once great nation.

rplat on February 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM

WHAT.

THE.

FRAK?!

The US has become completely Oprah-ized… Although I guess that shouldn’t be surprising…

Skywise on February 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Maybe he could flip the table as Obama is signing the bill.

WashJeff on February 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Well, he messed-up the money changers in the temple. This time he won’t be so nice.

BoomJunkie on February 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Oh look, the new-found “cool” Republican gets to be the voice of the people as he stands surrounded by the demorat stooges who are getting ready to abolish the nation as we know it.

Was this the 30 pieces of silver, Specter, you got the chance to sit at the big boys table and patted on the head by your new buddies?

Eff you.

Bishop on February 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I haven’t combed through the internals, myself, but the tracking seems to indicate majority support since the beginning of January. Rasmussen had at the beginning of the week a plurality opposed. Are Gallup’s numbers too high, or are Rasmussen’s too low?

KingGold on February 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM

rplat:

I think it is a little early to write obituaries for the United States of America.

Terrye on February 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM

The scary part:

When (not if, when) this thing fails, there will be a lot of people who simply will not be convinced that things are going wrong. And they won’t be the disagreeable, yet cordial kind of stubborn folks that Republicans can sometime be. They will be nasty, and they will lie.

Think of how vehemently the AGW defenders behave. They compare skeptics to Holocaust deniers.

jimmy the notable on February 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM

And Rasmusen says?

Romeo13 on February 11, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Agreed. Rasmussen is the final authority for me.

Glenn Jericho on February 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM

The bigger The One is, the harder he will fall.

Star20 on February 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Horrid.

Lehosh on February 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM

HE is The One afterall. Especially after the Queen for a Day antics, who could say no. We are going to be QFAD, Yeay!

billypaintbrush on February 11, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Any real opposition to this is a myth. Or a fantasy.

Sure, it is never their money the government is spending. Hell, it won’t be my money or anyone in Congress – we will all be dead when the bill comes due.
Just save your ammo for a few years. When nothing gets stimulated except for Obama’s ego then the backlash will be ugly.
I told my kids to think about forming another country somewhere on planet earth. A place like our original founders envisioned.

izoneguy on February 11, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I am just fugging pissed off. It’s a runaway train and nothing is going to stop it. I just can’t comprehend the people supporting this over better alternatives. Nothing we can do.

So damn frustrating. I weep for the children of America.

Abby Adams on February 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Phone lines are melting for a reason. No one except Soros AKA Obama minions wants this bill.

To have Arlen Specter there speaking is an embarrassment. Kick the RINOS out of the party!

jencab on February 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Screw it and everything political. I’m going to figure out a way to take advantage of this! What did Barnum say about every minute?

Vince on February 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM

its the honeymoon period combined with a brainwashed public via the MSM(who aren’t covering Obama’s lies and all the pork idiocy in the bill). What do you expect. Obama has the Democrats and alot of moderates on his side.

jp on February 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM

The stock market is going to be the only thing that can stop this juggernaut of hysterical leftist action. All other safeguards have been ruptured or suppressed. We have an ignorant electorate that is perfectly happy to throw away all history for the hope and change. It will take a dive in the market to stop this cr#p, since rationality will not pierce the thick skulls.

progressoverpeace on February 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Badger:

Terrye on February 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Ten bucks says she voted Dem.

Badger in KC on February 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Terrye on February 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Indeed. Just like people supported the war in Iraq until they lost patience and decided to punish the people who agreed with them. The same people who supported the war in the beginning would punish those who supported the war in the beginning.

Popularity is fleeting. If this “stimulus” fails they’ll likely punish the people who were stupid enough to support it. Nevermind the fact they supported it themselves.

amerpundit on February 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Wow, Gallup did a poll that supports BO…isn’t this the same firm that said BO would win the election by 11%. Gallup is is now the official mouth piece of Team BO.

Let’s see how happy the public is when inflation hits 10% and unemployment is higher.

David in ATL on February 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Did Sphincter just say something I agree with? No, not really.

RalphyBoy on February 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Speaking of Rasmussen, I saw this at Power Line :

Most voters are not happy with the Democrats’ trillion-dollar porkfest, and, with the Dems now unambiguously in control in Washington, they know whom to blame. That’s the only inference one can draw from Rasmussen’s latest generic Congressional preference poll. The parties are now in a virtual dead heat, with 40% preferring a generic Democratic candidate and 39% choosing the generic Republican.

These numbers bounce around a good deal, but it’s been quite a while since the parties were this close. On election day the Democrats had a six-point lead, and the margin was seven points as recently as mid-January.

I believe Rasmussen will come out with another survey on the “stimulus” bill tomorrow; it will be interesting to see whether support has continued to drop over the past week, or whether President Obama’s intervention has stopped the bleeding.

John is a conservative, but he is not in the habit of self delusion. I think this is probably true.

Terrye on February 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Well now, I don’t think that The One Himself has nearly as much confidence in this Mother of All Mega Deficits “Stimulus” Super Novas as His devoted followers do, else He would not be so frantically intent on getting as many Republican fingerprints on it as He possibly can, now would He be?

MB4 on February 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Of course approval has gone up. That’s what happens when people are lied to about the bill. The whole “a bill this size with no pork and earmarks” line really helped cement it.

Of course promising the little old lady a house didn’t hurt.

woodman on February 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Fifty years of dumbing down has finally paid off. The majority of our population is too ignorant, fat, lazy and stupid to figure anything out. They’re like cattle going to slaughter. Oh well, in two more generations they won’t remember the old days when we were free and able to fend for ourselves and everyone will be content to let the gov. take care of them.

UnEasyRider on February 11, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Boy does Joe Lieberman look like he is satisified back there (in that still shot). He must have applied the vaseline that we will all need.

WashJeff on February 11, 2009 at 5:54 PM

amerpundit:

I had the same thought exactly. Someday a lot of people will probably bail on all this too.

Terrye on February 11, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Of course numbers are up. The Messiah spoke to the people from the mountain top and declared that it’s all the fault of Bush and Cheney. But have trust, ONLY GOVERNMENT has the resources to fix the problem. Those resources? OUR DAMNED MONEY.

Spread the truth about this crisis far and wide.

cannonball on February 11, 2009 at 5:55 PM

I have a whole new strategy for securing long-term financial independence and prosperity. Instead of working 12-14 hours a day, putting money in my 401K and paying extra on my student loan debt every month, I’m just going to go to the next scheduled Obama rally and shriek and cry until our dear leader solves my problems for me. To all of you taxpayers who will be paying for it: Gotcha, suckers!

patriette on February 11, 2009 at 5:55 PM

You must believe with all your heart. The One has spoken. Have faith, children, and accept the mark of the One.

Rod on February 11, 2009 at 5:55 PM

BTW, the gold index went up 7.93% today so in honor of Tim “Turbo Tax” Geithner I think that it would be only right if the U.S. Mint issued a Gold coin in his honor. It could have his image on the one side and an image of the Titanic on the other.

MB4 on February 11, 2009 at 5:57 PM

When you use democratic support to bolster the majority of the increase (12%)in the numbers, it is obvious that the numbers don’t mean crap.

Of course the Dems will support “The One”, but republicans remain skeptical and Independents are even.

This bill is going to fall apart tonight and tomorrow and lose the support of the 3 republicans because the House has dropped the tax cuts.

That will give the republican supporters an “Out” and may also save their careers..

AnthonyK on February 11, 2009 at 5:58 PM

We’re facing a tsunami of epic stupidity and a complete abandonment of what makes this country great.

Maybe we should pump more pork into education if a plurality of the electorate is indeed this ignorant.

redfoxbluestate on February 11, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Holy Shi’ite, Americans are borderline retarded.

blatantblue on February 11, 2009 at 5:58 PM

This is like a cancer that has finally taken hold…it is happening so fast. Man.

tomas on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Badger:

No doubt she voted Democrat. She is a lifelong Democrat. But she supported the war in Iraq, {mostly} because she has a son and grandson in the military. She is just one of those people who can not understand why everybody is so mean to everybody.

And I ask her if she has looked at the before and after pictures of our recent presidents and why exactly she thought it should be any different for this one.

She just sighed and looked distressed.

Terrye on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Check back with me a year from now, when the unemployment rate is above 10%, when the stimulus has failed to provide any real stimulus to a rotten economy, when the deficit has increase more in 1 year than it did in 8 years of the Bush administration, and when taxes are getting ready to shoot up to pay for all of this “stimulus.”

thirteen28 on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

patriette on February 11, 2009 at 5:55 PM

If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Airlines stock one year ago, you would have $49 today. If you had purchased $1000 of AIG stock one year ago, you would have $33 today. If you had purchased $1000 of Lehman Brothers stock one year ago, you will have $0 today. However, if you had purchased $1000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling, you would have received $214 today at redemption. Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily and recycle. It is called the 401-KEG Plan.

MB4 on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Of course promising the little old lady a house didn’t hurt.
woodman on February 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Didn’t hurt? It was evil genius.

Did you hear that loud buzzing noise outside your house after that little charade? It was fifty million lightbulbs lighting up in fifty million Obamatron heads as they all started to scheme on getting whatever they wanted from our new government.

How many of those jackalopes said to themselves, “Dayum! She just got a house! I is gonna get me some a that too!”

Bishop on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

This is like a cancer that has finally taken hold…it is happening so fast. Man.

tomas on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

A rather profound statement from you. Normally you’re the calming influence. Still, its an appropriate comparison.

genso on February 11, 2009 at 6:01 PM

So, of course, it won’t bother the Democrats a bit if they don’t have any more Republican support than absolutely necessary. Riiiiiiight.

ddrintn on February 11, 2009 at 6:01 PM

at least I can put new floors down now.

kirkill on February 11, 2009 at 6:01 PM

MB4 on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

LOL. Too funny.

progressoverpeace on February 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM

MB4 on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Scotch comes in bottles and glass isn’t worth jack for recycling.

Now lead, encased by alloy and formed into bullet shapes, what is that worth?

Bishop on February 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM

That’s because all of the drones who voted for Obama in the first place were forced to tune into his press conference as opposed to watching their normal programming. Those capable of thinking have been following this issue all along and are more passionate, which is why the office phone calls are so one sides.

V15J on February 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM

MB4 on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

The flaw in that plan for me is that when I drink heavily I forget to recycle….among other things.

genso on February 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Obama will blame Bush

izoneguy on February 11, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I call “Bovine Shenanigans”.

PappaMac on February 11, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I had a horrible nightmare last night. About thugs, a depression, a lying president and our freedom being destroyed to spread the wealth. Awful.

Then I read the news. I am going back to sleep. Soon.

IlikedAUH2O on February 11, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I guess I will be eating those squirrels after all..

blatantblue on February 11, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Bishop on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

+100000 LOL!!!!!

I can just hear those words in my head as I read them.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 11, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Invest in hunting land, bullets (shotgun shells here in Jersey), aspirin, and can goods. Buck up ladies and gentlemen, the collapse will leave us all to hold our own. Right where we want to be. It’s a new dawn.

RalphyBoy on February 11, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Hey, isn’t this pretty much what happened in Wall-E??? Is life imitating art.. again?

redfoxbluestate on February 11, 2009 at 6:05 PM

This is like a cancer that has finally taken hold…it is happening so fast. Man.

tomas on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

genso on February 11, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Anyone who isn’t paranoid simply isn’t paying attention.

Murphy9 on February 11, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Lieberman’s eyes are blinking non-stop. Remember San Fran nanny’s eyes at last year’s SOTU address?

Canerican on February 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Because the opposition is invisible, people who don’t pay attention are making their decisions based on emotions…”Obama cares” they think, when in reality he cares only for his power.

Conservative Voice on February 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Bush — the permanent Pinata

But the goodies fly out before you hit it!

IlikedAUH2O on February 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Hehe. That plan will work too.

This reminds me of a movie I saw on tv once years and years ago. I don’t know the name of it, what it was about or who was in it. I just remember the scene with two little kids in a Soviet orphanage who were being berated by the headmistress for believing in God. She asked them, “will God make candy rain from the ceiling?” The two kids looked longingly up at the ceiling and begged God to rain candy. Nothing happened. They the headmistress told them to ask Stalin to cause candy to rain from the ceiling. The children did so. The scene cut to a shot of two communist party hacks pouring candy through the airvents to the grateful children below.

patriette on February 11, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Idiocracy is the right movie for our times.

IlikedAUH2O on February 11, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I wish I could find the poll I was talking about, according to it the Republican support for the bill was only 10%.

Terrye on February 11, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Here’s why character matters.

In uncertain times, it’s all you have to fall back on. Does Obama have character? He hid under the pews for 20 years without ever once calling Wright into question. The rest is history.

Geithner cheated on his taxes and participated in much of the much he’s not trying to clean up.

If you’re a conservative in Congress, just say no to this shit.

BuckeyeSam on February 11, 2009 at 6:08 PM

You apparently don’t read the things you post, so here it is again -

So the only “bump” he got were from the hopey changey idiots, aka democrats.

clearbluesky on February 11, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Anyone who isn’t paranoid simply isn’t paying attention.

Murphy9 on February 11, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Actually, after watching the slow slide into socialism for so many years, its refreshing to see more and more waking to the truth. I guess it had to be an “in-your-face” situation before most people cared. You would have been labeled a “truther” or whatever they called it if you had made that statement even 5 years ago.

genso on February 11, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I just give up. Clearly I am going sane in a crazy world. I just give up.

Gatsu on February 11, 2009 at 6:09 PM

redfoxbluestate on February 11, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Exactly. We’ve lost our resolve.

BuckeyeSam on February 11, 2009 at 6:10 PM

If this is suppose to stop people from losing their jobs and their houses, what about the folks that have already lost their houses? Are they going to retroactively fix that? Still think Soros is behind the start of all this.

Cindy Munford on February 11, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Arlen Sphincter is an unprincipled disgrace and should be demoted to the back bench.

moxie_neanderthal on February 11, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Bishop on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

The Obamatrons have gone topsy-turvy with their latest parlour game
They pray to this Obama from night to morn
They dress themselves in a wreath of thorns as a tribute to his name
You’d think that Christ Himself had been re-born
But the jackanapes are always runnin’ round in some disguise
What they’ll really get, the devil only knows

PercyB on February 11, 2009 at 6:13 PM

This site is so addicting. I come here many times during the work day to be informed.

For the past three months, I come here and read how stupid people are running my country. It is so depressing. I try to be positive, but jeez.

John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, et. al. Where has our country gone?

PappaMac on February 11, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Gee, you mean that snake oil will really heal all of my aches and pains?

I’ll take 8!

jimmy the notable on February 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Never in our history has there been a more appropriate time for

- watching “Being There”
- reading “Parliament of Whores”, by P.J. O’Rourke

They best portray idiocy.

The lefties, who’re not idiots, educate and exploit the mooches.

The righties have been too busy working.

The country has slipped away from the honest and working ones, and their rewards are now being distributed to the mooches. They vote, for more “gimme”, until the ‘pantry’ is depleted.

Soon enough there won’t be enough producers. By then it will be too late.

Entelechy on February 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Obama will blame Bush

izoneguy on February 11, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Sure, let him try, but it won’t do any good. The Republicans will have $1 trillion of talking points against Obama and the democrats, who will completely OWN the economy once it’s signed into law. Why else do you think they’re so desperate to get Republicans on board despite their large majorities?

thirteen28 on February 11, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Just another example of the fine polling organizations recording measuring creating public opinion.

BigWyo on February 11, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Bishop on February 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

O-BAHMUH gon pay my mohgage
mah gayus bills
awl mah beelllzzz
errythang i need help wit he gon pay fo me!

blatantblue on February 11, 2009 at 6:16 PM

But the jackanapes are always runnin’ round in some disguise
What they’ll really get, the devil only knows

PercyB on February 11, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Scroomed by their overlords, but they’re too idiotic to know it.

Entelechy on February 11, 2009 at 6:16 PM

WHAT
EVER.

America has clearly lost its mind.

So what, there are five of us left that are sane in America?

blatantblue on February 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Don’t give up, man, just get a sense of humor.

This is the Mother of All Overreaches. Liberals simply cannot help themselves when they regain power. And it ALWAYS comes back to bite them in the ass. It’s going to be a BLAST watching it go down.

rockmom on February 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM

rplat:

Terrye on February 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM

You have no idea how much I want to believe that.

stenwin77 on February 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM

RalphyBoy on February 11, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I think there’s some fundamental wisdom in that.

(btw, where is good hunting land in Jersey?)

JiangxiDad on February 11, 2009 at 6:18 PM

It’s going to be a BLAST watching it go down.

rockmom on February 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM

You mean the bill or the administration?

JiangxiDad on February 11, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Oporkalypse

Entelechy on February 11, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Don’t give up, man, just get a sense of humor.

rockmom on February 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Exactly.

There isn’t jack squat the Republicans can realistically do to stop this. But there will certainly be plenty of political advantages to be reaped from the damage this does.

Life is handing us lemons. Time to make some lemonade.

thirteen28 on February 11, 2009 at 6:20 PM

You know, this is the perfect time to revamp our banking system and institute Shari’a compliant banking!!!!!!!

blatantblue on February 11, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Well, as for me, I am gonna get mine. There is no sense in bitching about this because the RINO’s don’t care. And 75% of Americans got give a shit either.

We’re on our on folks….make the best of it!

csdeven on February 11, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Farmer: “Yes sir, the Government gave us each 160 Acres”.

McClintock: “The Government never gives you anything. If you make these Homesteads go, you’ll have earned every bit of it”.

Dev: “I guess I should be happy you gave me the job”.

McClintock: “I don’t give jobs, I hire men”.

Where has my country gone?

PappaMac on February 11, 2009 at 6:21 PM

This is so frustrating. Obviously when The One wants something he is going to turn on campaign charm. The frustrating part to me is that two can play that game – but Republicans never play. We rarely have good messaging. House Republicans had it and controlled the debate for a couple of days – but not the Senate. Enter Campaign man who easily dumbs down the message so most people understand, and they follow his lead.

Rockygold on February 11, 2009 at 6:21 PM

JiangxiDad on February 11, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Shhhh… I’m huntin wabbit. Look to the far south and north west my friend.

RalphyBoy on February 11, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Just wait until they unveil TARP II…

Hey anyone seen the price of gold?

Theworldisnotenough on February 11, 2009 at 6:22 PM

When this massive rape of the treasury fails and we have fighting in the streets, which of their financial backers will swiftly fly these wormy politicians to an anti American country with no extradition treaty?

rplat on February 11, 2009 at 6:23 PM

The USA the whole world has jumped the shark.
Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

jgapinoy on February 11, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I think we still have a ways to go before that permanent rescue takes place.

jbh45 on February 11, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Don’t ever forget, folks, this IS George Bush’s fault. Bush gave us the $400 billion prescription drug program (which nobody under the age of 65 benefits from), the trillion-dollar war in Iraq/Afghanistan, and the $700 billion Wall Street bailout. Not only did this anesthetize the general public to gargantuan spending, it gave people a completely legitimate anger that “where’s the trillion dollars for US?” That’s why this Porkulus is getting 59 percent support. It’s a triumph for our side that it isn’t 80 percent at this point. People are scared, and they are not thinking about it rationally, they are thinking that this is “our share, at last.” If Bush had held the line on spending, we would not be here today.

rockmom on February 11, 2009 at 6:24 PM

You don’t have to fear an Obama presidency.
—-John McCain, Campaign 2008