Show Uncle Chuck how much you care!

posted at 12:59 pm on February 11, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday, Chuck Schumer dismissed criticisms of pork in the Porkulus package by saying Americans don’t care how Congress spends our money:

And let me say this, to all of the chattering class, that so much focuses on those little, tiny — yes, porky — amendments: The American people really don’t care.

If nothing else epitomizes the out-of-touch cluelessness of the limousine liberals now in charge of the government, this does. We’re gonna pork up our legislation, and nothing you say matters. The Culture of Corruption has arrived, and it’s partying on your dime.

As long as they’re going to have a party, why not send them some appropriate appetizers? The boss got this great idea from one of her readers:

I just wanted to pass along to you that one of our local radio hosts, Leland Conway, has asked everyone to bring bags of pork rinds to the radio station so that they can be mailed to Sen. Shumer’s office along with a note explaining that at least some Americans do care about pork. Perhaps this is something that could be considered on an even larger scale across the country.

Well, shucky darn (Chucky darn?) and slop the chickens, that’s a great idea! But why not do it directly? Here are a few of Schumer’s addresses, and a couple of options for pork rind orders that can be delivered right to his door:

Schumer, Charles E. – (D – NY) Class III
313 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-6542

District Office- New York City:
757 Third Avenue, Suite 17-02
New York, NY 10017
Phone: 212-486-4430

District Office- Albany:
Leo O’Brien Building, Room 420
Albany, NY 12207
Phone: 518-431-4070

I’m sending the Hot & Spicy variety, and I may even gift-wrap it.

Comments

The American people really don’t care.

Have to agree with him. People are getting exactly what they voted for.

Tommy_G on February 11, 2009 at 1:02 PM

OT:

From Quinnipiac:

Looking ahead to the 2010 election for United States Senator, do you feel that Arlen Specter deserves to be reelected, or do you feel that he does not deserve to be reelected?

40% Yes/Deserves
43% No/Does not

artist on February 11, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Obama saying Caterpillar will re-hire if stimulus passes.

milwife88 on February 11, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I’d rather just melt threir phone lines. I’m not sure sending him food is going to teach him a lesson.

BadgerHawk on February 11, 2009 at 1:05 PM

why would i spend money and send it to schumer, by choice? it already happens involuntarily.

lorien1973 on February 11, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Not kosher at all, but he sure does like the pork, doesn’t he?

esperpento on February 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM

My FAX to Chuckie Schumer:

The “Honorable” (?) Charles Schumer
313 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-3201

Re: “The American people don’t care”

Dear Chuckie:

Wrong. The actual American people do care, its only liberals like you that don’t care how you throw away money that isn’t yours and destroy the lives and futures of the people and our children.

They say that when writing to our Senators and Congressmen we should be polite and respectful. If you were worthy of respect you’d get it.

John Steele

johnsteele on February 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM

How easily being an a**hole comes to liberals.

drjohn on February 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM

58,343,671 people care.

The rest do not.

aquaviva on February 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I emailed a lovely note to the douchebag this morning. It won’t accomplish anything, but it makes me feel slightly less homicidal than I did before.

eyedoc on February 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Chucky is really annoying.

Mr. Joe on February 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Done…

Mark Garnett on February 11, 2009 at 1:08 PM

How about sending Manteca lard or pickled pigs feet.

Christien on February 11, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Ugh. Instead of these useless gags, everyone should have an account or a jar or something where they put money when they get pissed off. In the current climate, that’ll be 5 dollars every week or so. That money should fund candidates, not gags.

Trent1289 on February 11, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Can Brett Farve take over for Chucky? He may qualify for residency after last year and I hear he is available.

Mr. Joe on February 11, 2009 at 1:09 PM

lorien1973 on February 11, 2009 at 1:05 PM

For the same reason we prank our obnoxious neighbors by having $500.00+ worth of pizza sent to their houses.

gryphon202 on February 11, 2009 at 1:09 PM

He’s a “New York money man”, so isn’t it a hate crime to send him pork products?

rw on February 11, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Royalty aren’t required to answer to the serfs.

Bishop on February 11, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I hate him

Mercy4Me on February 11, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Mr. Joe on February 11, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Sorry, he’s coming back to Mississippi to retire on his farm (I hope).

m064404 on February 11, 2009 at 1:14 PM

From Quinnipiac:

Also, there was a Q-poll out this morning in deep-blue Connecticut showing Countrywide Dodd with a 41% job approval rating, up for re-election in 2010.

Could CT turn red in 2010? Maybe Kevin J. O’Connor, former U.S. Attorney for CT, and former Deputy US Attorney General could do it…

Steve Z on February 11, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I am “creating or saving” a million jobs right now.

In my office.

drjohn on February 11, 2009 at 1:15 PM

It’d be a shame if someone jacked his credit report.

Christien on February 11, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Pork rinds might make him up-Chuck.

Steve Z on February 11, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Chichirones for Chucky! But I’m keeping the chocolate covered bacon for myself.

kirkill on February 11, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Obama saying Caterpillar will re-hire if stimulus passes.

milwife88 on February 11, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Catepillar makes road building and construction equipment.
It’s quite possible that there demand will go up given the nature of the pork bill.

The problem is that everyone else will be suffering.

MarkTheGreat on February 11, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I hate these f***ers. I now know what reverse BDS feels like. And I like it.

sherry on February 11, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Schumer looks like the slimy car salesman at some small used car dealership a few blocks off the main street behind the sewerage treatment plant.

sdd on February 11, 2009 at 1:19 PM

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.” –French economist, statesman and author Frederic Bastiat (1801-1850)

kirkill on February 11, 2009 at 1:20 PM

..all these phone numbers get busy signals. In response to the question of What is the better way? The answer I always arrive at is education and advocating proper decision-making. That’s why I visit HotAir.

Quetzal on February 11, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Won’t accomplish a thing. He doesn’t care what we think, and will just get a chuckle from it. Spend your dollars on something more useful,..like ammunition and garden seeds.

a capella on February 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Obama saying Caterpillar will re-hire if stimulus passes.

milwife88 on February 11, 2009 at 1:03 PM

How much are we paying for those jobs? Better to let business owners keep their own money and create their own jobs.

obladioblada on February 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM

MarkTheGreat on February 11, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Good point, I just wonder how many more companies he will site in order to garner public support. Did carterpillar donate to his campaign, if so is this a payback? It’s kind of like “pimping for those who pimped for you”.

Just saying.

milwife88 on February 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Another option: send ’em pig snouts. They’re not food, and are cheap $1.88 (plus shipping).

lawhawk on February 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Obama saying Caterpillar will re-hire if stimulus passes.

milwife88 on February 11, 2009 at 1:03 PM

800 billion for a few hundred jobs. Sounds like a good trade-off to me.

lorien1973 on February 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM

I hate these f***ers. I now know what reverse BDS feels like. And I like it.

hehe, sherry!

Alana on February 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Excellent idea; count me in for one bag.

tgillian on February 11, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I say we kidnap Barney Frank, take one of his dress shirts, wrap a fish in it, and send it to Schumer.

MadisonConservative on February 11, 2009 at 1:24 PM

MarkTheGreat on February 11, 2009 at 1:17 PM

All part of that short lived bump which can be used as campaign fodder by the donks and media in 2010. They have to cash in on it before the long decline sets in.

a capella on February 11, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Oddly enoughy Schumer is acknowledging the appearance of pork in this so called stimulus. The subtext of his claim that the American people “don’t care” is that he doesn’t want them to care that there is pork. IOW, he’s saying “even if you do care, I don’t want you to care, so tought sh**.”

Schumer is a lifer and will no doubt be re-elected in his district to the bitter end. Sending him pork rinds is to good and you should instead send him raw pigs intestines.

Mr Gus on February 11, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Maybe when NYC loses out on all that executive bonus pay, the citizens will reconsider voting for this putz.

On second thought, I won’t waste my breath…

ladyingray on February 11, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I have to agree with a capella (and others), spend what you have for a purpose. When the hell are we going to realize that all the old political games are over? We better find a Nathan Hale or Thomas Paine pronto. The phone banks, e-mails, tea-bag mamby pamby, is pissing in the wind. We are acting like this is a pillow fight.

Limerick on February 11, 2009 at 1:30 PM

These people keep electing this toolbag so they get what they deserve.

tx2654 on February 11, 2009 at 1:31 PM

its arrogant @$$es like this that got us into the fix we’re in

gatorboy on February 11, 2009 at 1:31 PM

So far, I’ve only been able to fax Specter. Everyone else’s line is busy.

To: The Traitors Collins, Snowe and Specter
Cc: Chairman Michael Steele
Date: February 11, 2009
From: Laura (in Maryland)

Times are really tough, so I decided to re-enter the work force after years of staying home with the children. My husband and I were working on the budget, and I listed some money for an interview suit. Hubby responded by saying “If you can buy new clothes, I get a new TV”. My son overheard us and demanded a new game system. My daughter declared “If he gets a wii, I get a pony”. This went on for weeks with each one-upping the other. Long story short, we’re now millions in debt, I still haven’t landed a job interview, and we’re up to our necks in pony loaf.

If this sounds absurd to you, please take a look at your “stimulus”. As hard working families cut their own budgets, do without, and clip coupons for groceries, it seems ridiculous for our government to pile on needless spending when we really need a carefully targeted plan. I will give to any Democrat challenger in your next election. At least that way, Republican will not take any of the blame for the harm you inflict to our nation.

Laura in Maryland on February 11, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I talked to my “moonbat” parents last night, and they actually said they don’t care about the amount of the Generational Theft Act bill, especially since “the worst president in my lifetime” Bush spent more of that in Iraq.

I have no hope.

BTW, everytime the ‘worst president’ line comes up, I keep saying “even Carter?” and they say “Oh yes!”.

lol

OC Chuck on February 11, 2009 at 1:32 PM

PIMF
“more THAN that in Iraq”

OC Chuck on February 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM

When small people start casting long shadows it is because the sun is setting. Chucky is a small person in stature and character. Good-bye capitalism and individual responsibility. I don’t have a large enough imagination to see us avoiding socialism or even communism. You win AP.

Fuquay Steve on February 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM

There are a couple boutique hotels in Manhattan, one in particular, that are practically throwing chocolate truffles at this Texan trying to get me to stay for a week again and soon. They must be hurting badly. Wonder if they go out of business they’ll connect the dots to the Senator and President they voted for, who have me terrified to spend 5 cents of my saved income at this point in time.

Marcus on February 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM

How about sending them Mr. Porker Hot and Spicy Pork Skins. http://www.cajunsupermarket.com/product_info.php?cPath=41_34_110&products_id=1549

Mike Morrissey on February 11, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Chuckie-Cheese-Shietetumer. AND, them’s his good points.

TennDon on February 11, 2009 at 1:40 PM

just sent him a pack of pork rines hope he chokes on them .

Mojack420 on February 11, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Hate pork rinds, but will pop into the dollar store, acquire some and mail them to the DC address. Will the US Mail take them or do I have to go UPS?

jeanie on February 11, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I’m sure Chuck’s shaking in his shoes at the prospect of losing his next election to a Republican.

Face it, Schumer could be a serial killer and a puppy kicker and idiot New York Democrats will re-elect him.

Hope-less.

NoDonkey on February 11, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Another option: send ‘em pig snouts. They’re not food, and are cheap $1.88 (plus shipping).

lawhawk on February 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM

DONE!

Glenn Jericho on February 11, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Another option: send ‘em pig snouts.

Another option – a bag of fire ants.

“Senator Schumer has ants in his pants” will take on an entirely new meaning.

NoDonkey on February 11, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I have no hope.

lol

OC Chuck on February 11, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Chuck, I for one am glad that the apple rolled down the hillside away from the trees. 8 – O

thomasaur on February 11, 2009 at 1:56 PM

chuck ‘run on indymac’ schumer should be tried for crimes against humanity. F*CK chuck!

jukin on February 11, 2009 at 1:57 PM

lawhawk on February 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM

The best option is to contact your local pig farmer and get a pound of pig $hit. Mailing this I believe will make a far bigger impression than edible products.
In the end, all who say the voters get what they deserve is right.
Except I did not vote for Chuck. I am stuck with this douche as the head or a member of a committee that can affect my life.
Unreal.
We are so doomed.

Badger40 on February 11, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I think we should buy a couple million dollars worth and sprinkle them all over the White House lawn.

scalleywag on February 11, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I asked to relay the message that his arrogance in thinking he knows the american people is dead wrong, and he can take his pork and shove it up his ass. The intern did want to know where I’m calling from because they were keeping a tally.

Princeps on February 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM

scalleywag on February 11, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Maybe we can get the cost included in the stimulus bill. It’s never too late to spend taxpayer money.

sdd on February 11, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I’d rather send Chuck something from http://www.shitsenders.com

ToddonCapeCod on February 11, 2009 at 2:26 PM

To the electors in Maine and Pennsylvania:
Just do it!
We can help.

Randy

williars on February 11, 2009 at 2:29 PM

It’s because they don’t care what you think if you’re not from New York.

Chucky ain’t running for President anytime soon. As long as Noo Yoorkers keep electing his worthless butt (and they will), we’re all stuck with Schumer’s stunning incompetence and complete corruption.

NoDonkey on February 11, 2009 at 2:30 PM

To Chuckie Schumer:
Get ready!

Randy

williars on February 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I called, got put on hold for several minutes then a person answered. I said, very professionally etc., that contrary to Schumer’s statement I do care about wasteful “pork” spending by Congress and that…

Well, that’s as far as I got before they hung up on me. Figures.

Gilda on February 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I don’t think that it’s that they don’t care, many do. But in States like NY, RI, MA (and others I’m sure but these are the ones I’m familiar with)are so beaten down over the decades by Democratic bullying, gerrymandering and outright corruption that they think the Democratic practice will no longer work for them because the forces of corruption are so strong they can’t be fought. And…there’s a certain truth to their thinking. This is probably what Obama and company(and the MSM) intend for the country as a whole. So, Schumer can cheefully forget about the few who might care or notice, because they are no threat.

jeanie on February 11, 2009 at 2:33 PM

One word for the Chuckster “Populism” the cure for the pork.

Dr Evil on February 11, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Chuck sucks.

BuckeyeSam on February 11, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Ha! I got through to his Albany office. I tried as best I could to relay my absolute disgust at that out of touch clown. She was speechless.

csdeven on February 11, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Keep on writing to these clowns. Every single day. You may not think it is getting to them, but eventually it will. Especially the ones that need to be indicted. You all know who they are. My senators are total duds, but they are going to get an e-mail every single day. I am not going to be nice either. Why should I be when my very exhistence is going down the drain? Keep up the pressure. Be relentless. You all post on here. Then tell them what you think at their web site.

BetseyRoss on February 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Badger40 on February 11, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I don’t believe you can mail hazardous waste.

sethstorm on February 11, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I tried to call all 3 numbers, (we have free long-distance), and I got a busy signal on the first one, a snippy woman in NYC and left a message with a nice gal in Albany. My blood pressure isn’t doin’ well tho…
You know, if this is a ‘deepening, full-blown crisis’ that Barry is whining about every day, then how will he react the next time we are hit by ‘militants’? Maybe he will go on vacation to Hawaii…Come to think of it, once this socialist blockbuster bill is passed, the ‘militants’ won’t have to attack, we will be their’s as soon as they set foot on ‘American’ soil.

Christine on February 11, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I don’t believe you can mail hazardous waste.
sethstorm: But it’s the thought that counts ;-)

Christine on February 11, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Limerick on February 11, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Or a John Wilkes Booth.

Oooops, did I say that publicly?

UltimateBob on February 11, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Another option – a bag of fire ants.

NoDonkey on February 11, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Better yet, black widow spiders.

Can you tell I’m a little upset?

UltimateBob on February 11, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Chuck, chuck, bo buck. Banana fanna bo buck. Fe fi fo…

I hate him.

I’m sorry, but this all has made me crazy.

Oink on February 11, 2009 at 4:03 PM

csdeven on February 11, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I’m shocked she was speechless. Seriously.

Oink on February 11, 2009 at 4:05 PM

The Culture of Corruption Coincidence has arrived, and it’s partying on your dime.

fixed

*culture of corruption was just a republican thing.

moxie_neanderthal on February 11, 2009 at 4:09 PM

He’s Jewish so he’ll probably file a hate crime against everyone who sends him unkosher pork rinds.

eaglewingz08 on February 11, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Stand up Chuck!

Let everyone get a look at ya!

and boycott Maine!

ex-Democrat on February 11, 2009 at 6:19 PM

This man is so vile…he disgusts me so much….@#$%$#$#@#$%$#@

jerrytbg on February 11, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I sent him a case of pork rinds to the senate office bldg.
He is a vile man.

wepeople on February 11, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Maybe I will buy a pack of ham- the refrigerated kind- and slow-mail it to him. Not priority or anything, just the slowest next to media mail. If that’s too quick to get the full effect, I could always package it up and leave it in the garage for a couple of days. Long enough to start to rot but not long enough for us to smell before it’s in transit.

Hee hee.

LickyLicky on February 11, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Now if Schumer was a Muslim instead of being Jewish you would definitely be prosecuted for hate crimes. Then again, he is a Democrat and we have a Democrat run Justice Department, so you will all be prosecuted for hate crimes.

davod on February 11, 2009 at 9:59 PM

All Congressional mail goes through security checks. He won’t see any of those pork rinds.
Remember when he said his constituents WANTED him to ride around in a limo because they’d be ashamed if he didn’t? Or was that Rangel?

An off topic question, but I don’t know where else to ask it – Foxnews ratings
> FOXNEWS O’REILLY 3,494,000
> FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,658,000
> FOXNEWS BECK 2,370,000

The first two are shown multiple times so they air in prime time on the east and west coast and a couple of more times after midnight. Do all of these airings contribute to the ratings? Surely the first two do. I looks like Glenn Back is kicking butt at Foxnews.

darwin-t on February 11, 2009 at 10:40 PM

His NY office will not be kosher. I even included a little gift note.

TwinkietheKid on February 11, 2009 at 11:23 PM