Helen Thomas to Obama: Do you know of any country in the Middle East with nukes?

posted at 9:51 pm on February 9, 2009 by Allahpundit

Behold the left’s journalist hero, using her moment on national television not to ask a probing question of the president but to grandstand by asking a question everyone knows the answer to. She’s trying to get Obama to say “Israel” so that she can embarrass herself with a follow-up about why it’s okay for them to have apocalyptic weapons but not the anti-semitic, eliminationist fanatics in Tehran. Tony Snow, among his many other virtues, had her pegged. I give her credit for consistency, though: Take a walk down memory lane with Newsbusters and remind yourself what her first “question” to Bush was. She’s always been a grandstanding hack. That’s why liberals adore her, and why even The One feels obliged to pay her a little extra homage at the beginning here.

I’m giving you the full exchange so you can see how he avoids her trap. I take the fact that he didn’t let her follow up at the end as a sign of his righteous annoyance. Note, too, her reference to the “so-called terrorists” in the Pakistani tribal areas. Like I say, Tony Snow was no fool.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I can’t decide if he’s as boring as she is ugly.

Wine_N_Dine on February 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM

So who’s been operating Helen Thomas since Jim Henson died?

Ok. I got that joke from Red Eye but I had to share.

Ampersand on February 11, 2009 at 5:33 AM

He/she/it had its say about the Jews. They were responded to by others. I just used a blunt instrument with extreme force, like I would’ve with any other Jew-hater who was obviously looking for a fight.

Andy in Agoura Hills on February 10, 2009 at 8:36

How am i obviously looking for a fight?
Why is any justified question of Israeli actions have to be dealt with ‘extreme force’?

But i made you do it?

Dialogue works better,aren’t you the land of the free?
You lot must hate your country and be anti-american because
many are critizing Obama.

We should not be using the term anti-semitism when it is being applied to us simply critising a group for their historical actions?

It stifles conversation .The believe Israel does no wrong is a fantasy.

mags on February 11, 2009 at 2:03 PM

YOu old bat
i wish some islamic terrorist would shove a nuke in your giant pie hole..

althoug if it went off i doubt even a 1 kiloton device
could clean out the filth that infests your brain..

Your such an egg sucking idiot..

jcila on February 11, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Can you not see that by being abusive,rude and crude makes my point for me?

Here we are,I from one country is asking someone in another country why we can’t discuss a third countries actions without abuse?

I am pissing myself laughing .The hypocrisy of Israel having third and fourth generation nuclear weapons and be a non-signatory on the non-poliferation treaty is and should be debated.

Our countries nuclear weapons are said to be a deterrant,so why does Israel not want people to know.

This might help.