Has-been: Living under Republican rule almost killed me

posted at 4:10 pm on February 6, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via CNS. I’m straining for something incisive to say but it’s so dispiritingly predictable, from the faux melodrama of life in Bush’s gulag to the patronizing cultist fawning over The One’s “spirit,” that I’m at a loss. Doesn’t the entire entertainment establishment feel this way? Isn’t that the whole point of Breitbart’s new site? Nothing to see here, move along.

Update (Ed): Proving, yet again, that Sonny had all the brains.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

well we’re even. Her music nearly killed ME!

johnnyU on February 7, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I just can’t understand why anyone would want to be a slut either.

Rick007 on February 7, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Who cares about what Cher thinks! Or any of the other Hollywood idiots for that matter.

dalec on February 7, 2009 at 9:44 AM

“ALMOST KILLED ME” Oh, for a 5 year term…

marklmail on February 7, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Michael Jackson needs to put his mask back on.

Laura in Maryland on February 6, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Good one. Does that make her Michael Jackson in a dress?

Wade on February 7, 2009 at 10:12 AM

???

NOW its simplistic to think we could end the Iraq war soon?

When the hell did she catch a clue? Only when her man was in office? Bush has been saying this for years!

RAB on February 7, 2009 at 10:13 AM

How terrible. Cher might be reduced to wearing oddly-shaped rags. Again.

HotWeaver on February 7, 2009 at 10:25 AM

And once again, I should care what some actor/singer/sports person cares politically? Each time one of these so called experts open their mouths, it’s one less movie, song, sports function that I watch. It’s not that they’re unable to voice their opinion, but that most of them think we should latch on to their words and follow suit. Moreover the media thinks we care. (maybe some of you do, but I certainly don’t and am getting quite tired of seeing and hearing them)

ladyhawke53 on February 7, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Please. She has so much botox floating through her system, she’ll never die. Not even when Sarah Palin is elected President in 4 years.

Kevin71 on February 7, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Close but no cigar.

Mason on February 7, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Why couldn’t she be the one who skis?

James on February 7, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Why couldn’t she be the one who skis?

James on February 7, 2009 at 11:03 AM

This one is a freakin Gem.

Geochelone on February 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM

“Republican’s almost killed me”

Another Republican Failure! LOSERS! You should have finished the job! Biggest losers EVER!!!

sabbott on February 6, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Brilliant

Geochelone on February 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Zombies never understand what people with their brains intact do.

Andrew D on February 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Can’t Republicans do anything right?

entagor on February 7, 2009 at 12:47 PM

“Republican’s almost killed me”

Almost?! Cher, look in the mirror for crissakes…

Wyznowski on February 7, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Yea, he hasn’t had time to sit down and have a cup of tea with the terrorists yet, but he will single-handedly end the war in Iraq, that (she forgot to say) was ‘immoral’.
Well Cher, I’m not a Repub BUT I have a much harder time trying to figure out why all the minorities sell their vote and their very souls to the Demo Party when all it does is keep them in ‘Victim’ status…I don’t know why a brain dead zombie such as yourself would open her/his mouth in public, but there you are.
I wonder if her eyeballs fall out if she opens her eyes wide enough to look normal. Wow…she is one scary looking freak.

Christine on February 7, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I’ll bet she can’t feel her face at all…….. what a bimbo-zombie………. who cares what she thinks anyway?????

jordy2009 on February 7, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Sorry I’m late. Just trying to get a sense of this thread. So…you people don’t care for Cher? That’s what I’m picking up here.

whitetop on February 7, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Loved how she dodged on how Republicans almost killed her. Liberalism is truly a disease of the mind.

Elric66 on February 7, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Oh Sonny, what did you ever see in that woman? This world was not worthy for one as beautiful as you.

RobertInLexington on February 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Excuse me dawling but your shadow is on my foot. It’s very painful.

davo on February 7, 2009 at 2:29 PM

LOL! If she thinks Republican rule is bad, just wait until 0-bummer and the Surrendercrats let the turbanheads take over! You think you got it bad NOW you rich b—h? Go ask any woman who escaped from a Muslim nation how life is for her.

Dark-Star on February 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I have had a few of occasions to meet her about 4 years age because I worked in the area she lived for a while. To put it simply, her IQ is room temperature. She has problems doing the simplest of tasks in the world such as operating an electronic payment terminal. And a very tough time communicating with the outside world in a business sense. She usually brings along an aid to assist her.

I wonder if she is up to date on her taxes, her being a Democrat.

gstrickler on February 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Should be 4 years ago. I should proof read .

gstrickler on February 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Living under Republican rule almost killed me

Is she sure that it wasn’t being a skank queen that nearly killed her???

uncivilized on February 7, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Does Cher have Miis for Wii? I couldn’t help noticing the resemblance, she might have a copyright infringement she could file :) And she will last forever, Cher and that Bang Bang Song, I can’t get out of my head!

Dr Evil on February 7, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Nothing to see here, move along.

If you’d said that first you could’ve saved me some time…

oldleprechaun on February 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Was it just me, or did she look lit while she was talking?

RobertInLexington on February 7, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Dark-Star on February 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Wiongnut – heal thyself, please.

AprilOrit on February 7, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Wasn’t Sonny a Republican?

JeffWeimer on February 6, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Yes – Right Wing L-O-O-N!!!!!

AprilOrit on February 7, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Because no one wants to look like a
Blood sucking drugged up vampire like you do cher..

Thats why only real americans are conservatives.

The rest of the liberal TRASH IS in hollywood
where it belongs..

One can only hope that when al-queda hits the usa again
That they NUKE hollywood FIRST..

jcila on February 7, 2009 at 9:01 PM

With Cher one would think her original exterior parts genuinely might succumb but her surgically acquired newer exterior parts (Abby Normal) might last longer.

A check of the shop notes on her maintenance record would clarify.

viking01 on February 7, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Jezzzz

Cher

She’s had more reconstruction than Baghdad

DSchoen on February 7, 2009 at 9:21 PM

itsspideyman on February 7, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Why are you using the pic of Morticia Addams for this story??

BTW – the fact that she named her daughter Chastity is enough to prove she was brain dead decades ago.

BTY- Wait till socialized health care starts killing us.

bullseye on February 7, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Just one more reason we need to get back in control.

moxie_neanderthal on February 7, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I would mot want to be a skank ho like Cher either but I guess we are what we are.

1sttofight on February 7, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Living under Republican rule almost killed me.

Mission not accomplished.

Shy Guy on February 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Good grief. Cher never even finished high school. WHY am I supposed to give a hoot what she has to say? Hollywood harbors some very delicate flowers. Eeeevil Republicans nearlly killed Cher and Sara Palin scares the bejeebers out of poor Matt Damon.

I could almost make a tear.

NTXLass on February 8, 2009 at 6:34 AM

Soooooooo close…………….

drjohn on February 8, 2009 at 8:06 AM

See?! I still matter! See! I’m okay even after Sonny’s death!

Umm….I need to get my eyelids clipped. Excuse me.

Black Adam on February 8, 2009 at 8:14 AM

Living under Republican rule almost killed me

As compared to what it has actually done to those of the Manufacturing Belt.

sethstorm on February 8, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Smug alert! (She’s talking with her eyes closed. And almost certainly enjoys the smell of her own farts.)

Laura on February 8, 2009 at 9:54 AM

The REAL issue is that she thinks funding for plastic surgery is in the Economic Stimulus Bill. Wait ’til she finds out the truth…… I want to be there.

sheesh on February 8, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I’m sure she enjoyed the lower tax rates. Personally, I don’t understand how anyone can be a Dhimocrat and still be a functioning adult.

Mooseman on February 8, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Dumb as a post.

But she still looks pretty good.

Politics isn’t everything.

notagool on February 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM

It is no accident both her kids are gay. They are just too darned afraid to reproduce.

lizzee on February 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM

The word on the street is she is going to star in a remake of her life story. “Reefer Madness”. She said she can’t understand how anyone could be a Republican. Since she is one, thats easy, most high school dropouts aren’t Republican.

volsense on February 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM

“This nearly killed her? What about being a cheap drugged-out tramp? Could that have been the problem?
Itsspideyman”

Ouch.

Here’s a “review” of her book “The First Time”

Cher, Jeff Coplon (Contributor) – The First Time (August 1999) Sonny Bono once said that Cher was so stupid that she thought the moon was the back side of the sun. Well, if he had lived to read this book he would be eating those very mean words.

Cher had many first times in her life, and she puts them all down on paper here.

For example, Cher shares her thoughts on politics in the section entitled “My First Allergic Reaction to Republicans.”

Here, she comments that Jackie Kennedy was much better looking than Mamie Eisenhower.

How could anyone vote for Nixon, wonders Cher, when he was so “creepy” and his wife was “pinchy-faced”?

But Cher thinks about more than just politics.

There’s also
the first time she had sex with an Italian,
the first time she had sex with a “bad boy” and
the first time she had sex with a “mook.”
Cher even has something to say about clothing.

If you’re looking for a book that’s hard to read,

look elsewhere,

, but if you want the inside scoop on the depths of Cher’s thoughts, served up in one-page essays, this is the book for you.

DSchoen on February 8, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Who really cares about her opinion anyway. Really!!!!

My God!

Ted on February 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I’m so amased at these people with the silver spoons who claim Bush was such a fascist and then conveniently forget that the *one* example they come up with for this had nothing to do with any policies he had about their complaints. (That’s been my experience with them.)Note when the reporter asked Cher which policy bothered her the most she couldn’t answer.

Why is it some of the most successful Americans are the most ungrateful for the incredible freedoms they have? Unlike some of us plebes who had to wait in line to get in, do shite jobs for awhile and really *did* feel grateful to be away from a place that actually *did* refuse free speech and attack individual liberties. Perhaps she’d like to try it out for a year or so and see how long she lasts spewing crap like that?

fireweednectar on February 9, 2009 at 3:34 AM

lizzee on February 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM

rofl… and just… wow!

Mark Garnett on February 9, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I think of all the celebutards – she has got to be the dumbest (and that includes the Axis of Idiocy- Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Britney Spears).

Hilts on February 9, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Seeing her prance around on that Navy ship almost killed me, so I think we’re even.

The memory of it is burned into my brain.

strictnein on February 9, 2009 at 9:41 AM