The Ed Morrissey Show: Lila Rose, Jim Tedisco; Update: Melt The Phones II

posted at 1:00 pm on February 5, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Today, on the Ed Morrissey Show (3 pm ET), we speak to the Republican hoping to replace Kirsten Gillibrand in Congress. Jim Tedisco, currently New York’s Republican Leader in the Assembly, will run in the special election for the seat Gillibrand vacated when she accepted David Paterson’s appointment to the Senate. We’ll ask Tedisco about his policy positions, his district, and his chances — especially after the stimulus bill passed the House.

In the second half, Lila Rose returns to discuss her latest video exposing Planned Parenthood’s obstruction of justice in Arizona. Lila will update us on the case and discuss the Mona Lisa Project at Live Action. Don’t miss it!

Update: We may go long 15-30 minutes in order to do another round of Melt the Phones, this time focusing on a few key Senators:

Collins (202) 224-2523
Snowe (202) 224-5344
Voinovich (202) 224-3353
Specter (202) 224-4254

Preferably, I’d like to have their constituents make the calls. If so, send Jazz your real name and telephone number in chat so that I can bridge you together with your Senator’s office.

Now you can join the conversation in the chat room! Be sure to register at Ustream to participate in our raucous live-chat sessions. (And if the log-in prompt doesn’t come up in the chat box below, use this link instead.) Jazz Shaw of The Moderate Voice moderates the chat, and he has his Troll Gun Trivia Contest running before the show, for those who get there early — and are registered!

Want to see all episodes of The Ed Morrissey Show? Add the RSS feed to your reader and keep them handy!

Christmas season is over but you can still get great deals delivered to your door. Check out Ed’s Bookshelf or search for what you want:

Opening animation from TG Studios.

Comments

Yowza. That’s not a face just for radio! :D

lorien1973 on February 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Hawt!

pseudonominus on February 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

bam chicka waow waow!!

Cuuutaaayyy

blatantblue on February 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

No wonder she can get away with posing as young girls – she’s very youthful looking. Hope she keeps up the awesome work, she’s doing the right thing.

Anna on February 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Wonderful project. Use the liberals’ natural criminal instincts against them.

Jaibones on February 5, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Collins (202) 224-2523
Snowe (202) 224-5344
Voinovich (202) 224-3353
Specter (202) 224-4254

Name four Senators who want to stick it to their party. The Stupid Party label is well earned.

Angry Dumbo on February 5, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I was thinking the other day. My mind went back to when Obama marveled at China’s infrastructure. Who would know that a few short month’s later Obama would be the very epitome of that infrastructure. All flash no substance. While pushing through a boondoggle of a plan that would get laughed out of China.

James on February 5, 2009 at 2:38 PM

In his work as a community organizer Obama never stood in front of a Chinese tank. I just wonder if he marvels at the driver of the infamous tank. : (

Angry Dumbo on February 5, 2009 at 3:08 PM

god she is hot

ousoonerfan15 on February 5, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I’m sorry I missed this one. I’ve been rallying the troops for Tedisco at facebook.

Connie on February 5, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Support Tedisco for ny-20

rob verdi on February 5, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Ed, I have never phoned a congresscritter before. I called my two senators (Left and Lefter) yesterday. Thanks for the push. (It sounded like they were getting swamped with calls, by the way. I hope they were calls with the voice of sanity.)

Here’s how you argue:

First, the bill was railroaded through the House without proper deliberation or debate.

Two, it’s one part stimulus and seven parts pork.

Three, the debt it creates will be held largely by governments that are not entirely friendly towards us, and likely to play games with exchange rates. Countries like China.

njcommuter on February 5, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Here’s how you argue:

Two, it’s one part stimulus and seven parts pork.

njcommuter on February 5, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Here’s how you argue:

Two, it’s one part stimulus and seven parts pork.

njcommuter on February 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Missed the show but the replay won’t run. :(

Dollayo on February 6, 2009 at 1:25 AM