Pelosi: 500 million jobs lost every month

posted at 10:26 am on February 4, 2009 by Allahpundit

Dear lord, it really is a Depression: At this rate, we’ll lose 6 billion jobs this year. Or rather 5,997,000,000, thanks to those 3 million the stimulus is going to “save or create.” Assuming, of course, it passes, which is suddenly less certain than it used to be.

Don’t be too hard on Nancy for this little goof. When you’re burning through cash by the trillions, it’s easy to overlook the difference between penny-ante concepts like “thousand” and “million.” Exit question: Which of the 57 states will be hit hardest by the downturn?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I’m combining a couple of suggested names: Nazi Porklosi. How’s that?

Gospel Moody on February 4, 2009 at 4:32 PM

And Bambie is scared S–tless of her–
where does that put his brain cell count?

dragondrop on February 4, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Yeah, I’m always forgetting where to put that pesky decimal point, myself…

uncivilized on February 4, 2009 at 4:38 PM

She is the Speaker of the House and she continues to get reelected. Why would she care at all what people think of her?

True enough – the only people she cares about pleasing are the fruits and nuts that vote for her.

uncivilized on February 4, 2009 at 4:40 PM

She must have been including all the Democrats registered by ACORN.

Gaunilon on February 4, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I’d like to vote 50,000 congressmen/women out of office

pappy on February 4, 2009 at 4:49 PM

“cfsirl
Does that mean if the stimulus bill fails, almost every American will lose their jobs twice?”

Almost twice EVERY MONTH!

Pelosi says the USA loosing 500 million jobs EVERY MONTH!
Population of the USA, 300 million.

That means we are losing 200 million jobs more per month than we have in TOTAL population!

The MSM didn’t notice this?
Perhaps they are mathematically challenged as well?

DSchoen on February 4, 2009 at 5:14 PM

It’s the botox. It’s in her brain, and everything is frozen.

Jaibones on February 4, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Friday’s job report will be 500 thousand jobs lost.

But keep blocking that stimulus bill you crazy kids.

getalife on February 4, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I’ve responded to your comments on this before. I’ve also seen others respond. I’ve yet to see you answer our question.

Call me crazy, but, I’ll try again:

Given that the stimulus bill requires a simple majority to pass, there are 58 Democrat Senators (51 being a simple majority), and the Republicans are not threatening a filibuster, in what way are the Republicans responsible for delaying the passing of the so-called stimulus bill?

JadeNYU on February 4, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Which of the 57 states will be hit hardest by the downturn?

That was just too good to pass up!

stacman on February 4, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Man, I hope San Fran is proud.

What a maroon!

jdsmith0021 on February 4, 2009 at 5:42 PM

“Nancy Pelosi: Dumber than Soap”.

“Nancy Pelosi: Dumber than a Rock”

Both of these claims are UNTRUE, and I can prove it!

Put a rock up on a podium turn on the cameras turn on the microphones and a Rock or a Box of Soap won’t say something stupid, embarrassing it’s self or the country.

Therefore, both a Rock and/or a Box of Soap is/are much smarter than Nancy Pelosi.

Prove me wrong if you can!

DSchoen on February 4, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Friday’s job report will be 500 thousand jobs lost.

But keep blocking that stimulus bill you crazy kids.

getalife on February 4, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Call me crazy, but, I’ll try again:

JadeNYU on February 4, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Bad vibes, dude.

The GOP is, like, totally harshing the One’s mellow.

malclave on February 4, 2009 at 6:00 PM

What planet is she from? Her brain is sooooo fried. She’s a dumb twit and I didn’t vote for her either!

corvettelady on February 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM

First it was Botox Cosmetic…

…now its either Botox Dementia or the New Math.

All this from the Marxist Moonbat Queen of the Sodomites.

babylonandon on February 4, 2009 at 6:20 PM

JadeNYU on February 4, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Only in the MSM, only in the MSM. See – its the republicans fault. I wonder why BHO wants to seem bipartisan, he can’t even handle homopartisan.(I’m making up new words today)

Corsair on February 4, 2009 at 6:21 PM

corvettelady on February 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I think she let slip on her love of globalization. She wants to be queen of the world, so those numbers make sense to her.

Corsair on February 4, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Jello.

JellyToast on February 4, 2009 at 6:28 PM

So there is a connection to botox and senility…hmmm.

d1carter on February 4, 2009 at 6:50 PM

She mispoke like w did everyday.

Silly.

getalife on February 4, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Of course. She obviously meant to say the 95% of those 500 million Americans making $250,000 or less will get A. Tax. Cut.

Admit it. Your party leadership is klewwwwwwless.

ddrintn on February 4, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Prove me wrong if you can!

DSchoen on February 4, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I’m not going to try. You have me there.
Proofs in linear algebra and calculus I can do but this?

Chaz706 on February 4, 2009 at 7:17 PM

She never misspoke, she was including the illegals in this country, you know, those who voted for her.

I think she’s had sooo many facelifts her chin is starting to smell.

Can anyone else sign up for that whole tax evasion thing?

dthorny on February 4, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Nancy Pelosi is living proof that Botox can pierce the blood-brain barrier. Its all down hill after that.

meci on February 4, 2009 at 7:28 PM

95% of Americans will get tax cuts, mostly because they won’t be paying taxes after they lose their jobs in the first month of the Obama administration.
Geministorm”

Excellent point!
No doubt Obama’s plan is already working!
Hundred of thousand Americans income tax has in fact been reduced to ZERO!

DSchoen on February 4, 2009 at 7:34 PM

She mispoke like w did everyday.

Silly.

getalife on February 4, 2009 at 1:59 PM

you is simply hilarious

you have your nose so far up their .sses you cannot see straight. she is a dimwit and she is your leader.

you know..that seems quite appropriate.

Jamson64 on February 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Allahpundit

Gracious, this downturn is much worse than I thought. Being that our nation only has about 250 million employed that means every person in America is going to lose their job 24 times this year!! Holy cow!!

Maxx on February 4, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Now that makes a lot of sense,

because now we know were the

other 150 million Americans are!

In the other 7 states,out of 57!(Sarc)Hehe.

canopfor on February 4, 2009 at 8:54 PM

lol!

jerrytbg on February 4, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Why would you believe anything she has to say…….?

Seven Percent Solution on February 4, 2009 at 9:01 PM

uncivilized on February 4, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Not say’n, I’m just say’n…the fruits are in Nocal and the nuts are in Socal.

jbh45 on February 4, 2009 at 9:29 PM

This lady needs to check into a mental hospital. Can’t blame her for saying 500 million though, under her watch, numbers mean nothing in congress…

Great Sage on February 4, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Oh for God’s sake Nancy…. It’s 500 Billion… with a “B”. What the hell is wrong with you?

RalphyBoy on February 4, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Maxx on February 4, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Now that’s funny….

RalphyBoy on February 4, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I cannot believe this woman is Speaker of the House. Is this who the Democrats really want to lead them. After pushing this awful stimulus bill to a vote and seeing support for it among the public plummet, wouldn’t the average person be humiliated?

Oh, I forgot. She the Speaker. She’s NOT an average person.

DrStock on February 4, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Why would you believe anything she has to say…….?

Seven Percent Solution on February 4, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Good question, but I hope there’s recording equipment near her every time she utters a word. She’s better than Biden.

ddrintn on February 4, 2009 at 10:06 PM

So is she saying that unemployment is at 110%! It’s worst than I thought!

terryannonline on February 4, 2009 at 10:18 PM

and she is swinging a near trillion dollar checkbook around. This crap has got to stop. I recall a horrid image of her smiling when she got her first near-trillion under Bush. Where did they pee that away at? I just pulled a ton of stock out becuase it isnt getting better anytime soon.

With what Cheney said today, I think they had better get on the ball and stimulate some security rather than diminish it.

johnnyU on February 4, 2009 at 10:23 PM

We dont even have 500 million f’npeople in the friggin country ALIVE! gawd sakes.

johnnyU on February 4, 2009 at 10:23 PM

She also said that natural gas is cheaper and cleaner than fossil fuels. It’s probably been mentioned already here but it’s worth repeating

kellyjane on February 4, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Go Nancy Go. Keep talking girl. You are doing our work for us. 2010 looks gooder and gooder as these clowns keep this up.

MikeA on February 4, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Nancy Pelosi wants to pee on the Washington Times?

That’s why the “Lady” is a Tramp!

Mr. Joe on February 4, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Pelosi: 500 million jobs lost every month

And the average lockstep Democrat shook their head in agreement.

Maxx on February 4, 2009 at 11:40 PM

This is the theory underlying the “stimulus” package: Since we can’t depend on consumers to spend money they don’t have on stuff they don’t need, the government has to do it for them.
- Jacob Sullum

MB4 on February 4, 2009 at 11:45 PM

So is she saying that unemployment is at 110%! It’s worst than I thought!

terryannonline on February 4, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Yeah. Things are so bad, my ancestors and descendants are out of work.

ddrintn on February 4, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Wowwww…. And people take this congress and this administration seriously, why?

If a Republican had made such an outrageous claim, they’d never hear the end of it. Remember the way they tried to make McCain pay for the hundred years comment?

Sign of the Dollar on February 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I don’t know what’s more frightening. The fact that she’s pretty much a moron, or that she’s third in line for the presidency behind Joe Biden.

Tennman on February 5, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Nancy Pelosi is a typical democrat…dumber than a football bat.

Bikerken on February 5, 2009 at 12:13 AM

All I can think is that she’s counting ACORN voters.

Bikerken on February 5, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Nancy Pelosi fear mongering.

Dollayo on February 5, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Um, I didn’t even know we had 500 Million people of working age – so does that mean every U.S. citizen will be unemployed? Even the needless number of government employees?

Branch Rickey on February 4, 2009 at 10:32 AM

We have just a few over 300 million people live in the U.S.A. Subtract the children and the elderly, those who don’t work, for whatever reason….

This woman is beyond idiotic. Risible.

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2009 at 2:09 AM

What she means is, we are losing both real jobs as well as job opprotunities, both present and future, that would’ve come from free enterprises that will now be totally crushed by the Democrat strangulation of the ecconomy and free market.

SuperCool on February 5, 2009 at 5:23 AM

Nancy Pelosi is a California nut and she concerns me, just like the 61 to 37 trouncing The One gave McLame in the state.

Why are the posters so good on material like this monster provides?

IlikedAUH2O on February 5, 2009 at 5:29 AM

Baltimoron Democrat greaser scum who would be a bad “bushboy” at a Little Italy restaurant in Baltimore, MD if her Father Tony D’Alessandro hadn’t been Mayor.

Max47 on February 5, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Math definitively was not her strong suit in school (assuming she went to school). I am sure when called on the difference between the U.S. population and her unemployment rate she will blame
1. The school system
2. Homeschooling
3. The censuses was conducted during a Republican administration so the real population is much greater.
4. She was including the unemployed illegal aliens who are entitled to unemployment benefits.

You choose.

MSGTAS on February 5, 2009 at 9:01 AM

I’m combining a couple of suggested names: Nazi Porklosi. How’s that?
Gospel Moody on February 4, 2009 at 4:32 PM

You are right, we need to put the proper moniker on people we need to watch. Thus, I offer changing the Speaker of the House name to “Nanny Fulo’sh!+”

MSGTAS on February 5, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Nancy Pelosi: Dumber than Soap

Why do people insult soap like this?

Maxx on February 5, 2009 at 10:12 AM

500 million jobs lost every month

Unfortunately, hers was not one of them.

Bobbertsan on February 5, 2009 at 10:56 AM

***
Living in Frisco has really gotten to Queen Pelosi. Too much pot smoke in the air! Or too much Botox in the face. Or too many distractions in the lifestyle there–it seems to affect the ability to think clearly or to do math properly.
***
John Bibb
***
Rocketman

rocketman on February 5, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I don’t remember losing my job.

bryan2369 on February 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM

will her job be one of the 500 million lost????

Mojack420 on February 5, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Well we know a group who will never lose their jobs…Granny Nan’s plastic surgeons….BLINK DAMMIT!

PatriotPete on February 5, 2009 at 12:57 PM

…and Dan Qualye’s political career was destroyed for mispelling potato?

I’m sure Nazi Porklosi had the same public school tchr. as BHO.

i.e. ~