Audio: Hannity wonders why Democrats don’t pay taxes

posted at 6:59 pm on February 2, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Some might say that Sean Hannity is being unfair to Democrats, but they’re the ones who provide the examples. With Al Franken and Charles Rangel already exposed for their serial tax evasions, the last thing Democrats needed was a couple more high-profile examples — but Barack Obama provided them anyway as Cabinet appointments. And four does start looking more like a trend:

Here’s the question. Why don’t liberals pay taxes? We kept hearing the Caroline Kennedy had a tax problem. Timothy Geithner has a tax problem. The committee that writes tax law, the House Ways and Means Committee, well their chairman Charlie Rangel, whoops sorry, he failed to report seventy-five thousand dollars in income. Oh it’s a hiccup, it’s not a problem, and of course we have I guess, the hero of every liberal is Al Franken and Al Franken didn’t pay his taxes in what, eighteen states or whatever it was at the time. I mean just absurd.

To be fair, we don’t know that Caroline Kennedy has tax problems; that was just one rumor among several that got floated as a reason for her withdrawal from consideration as a replacement for Hillary Clinton. I don’t think I’d characterize Franken as a “hero of every liberal” either. I’ve met more than a few that are embarrassed by his presence, although not nearly enough. Still, four looks less like coincidence and more like a pattern of people who want to jack up taxes while doing their best to keep from paying them.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

uh, didn’t I just read an article that 1 of every 100 americans is in jail or prison? sounds like the system is over flowing with criminals. let them try to put millions of tax evaders in jail. sound’s like a taxpayer revolt to me. ghandi would be proud.

anti-boomer on February 3, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Well, it would spur job growth via infrastructure projects and those who have to guard those prisons. Win-Win for those who don’t try to hide their money in countries with more banks than people.

sethstorm on February 3, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Now we can question their patriotism!

DannoJyd on February 3, 2009 at 5:57 AM

Hannity lost all cred for me this past Friday when he used his microphone to call Dennis Miller a “phony,” only in it for the “ca-ching.” Pass.

It’s Vintage, Duh on February 2, 2009 at 7:11 PM

I heard that. I was beyond annoyed. Dennis is an extremely intelligent and funny guy. Hannity doesn’t have the chops to debate Miller.

Didn’t know that. I never liked Hannity much, but I especially hate that he constantly defends that Nazi Pat Buchanan.

Ann NY on February 3, 2009 at 7:27 AM

They are either wimps or have a long-term strategy of using all of this oppo. ammo at one in mid-2010 and 2012 – but even that seems too loose to be effective.

This is how the left shaped the narrative. They hit hard on every issue when the story was hot and it framed it in peoples minds. The GOP should be shouting at the top of their lungs about this and the next scandal and so on and every time the do that they will erode people’s confidence in the Democrats. That strategy worked very well on Bush and the war on terror.

Ann NY on February 3, 2009 at 7:36 AM

I feel like the walls are closing in on me. Everywhere I turn there is some crazy liberal. Bad enough I live in NY, now I can’t even enjoy conservative blogs without the moonbats and their idiotic comments.

pmanley on February 2

You want insanity,,,,, I am surrounded by libs on my job. Surrounded by them. Libs and bureaucracy are like peanut butter and jelly. People spend more time in meetings than they do actually working. If there is a procedure discovered anywhere within the organization that is efficient, runs smoothly and does not involve paper work,,it will be replaced by 12 forms and two meetings and a panel discussion. Your effectiveness,, or the usefulness of a meeting is judged by how much people talk. It doesn’t matter that nothing is accomplished,, people talked so something got done.
I am convinced liberalism is a mental disorder.

JellyToast on February 3, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Michael Steele better get his megaphone.

Democrats = The party of trial lawyers, trophy wives, and tax cheats

We should abide by the rules on the field and give as good as we are given when it comes to this stuff.

Mojave Mark on February 3, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Michael Steele better get his megaphone.

Democrats = The party of trial lawyers, trophy wives, and tax cheats

It’ll be convieniently out of service.

Republicans = the party that has no issue with tax havens yet won’t admit to using them. Also known as the party that talks about border control but lets all the H1/L1 loopholes go through.

Ann NY on February 3, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Well, he represents a part of the GOP that actually means something to some of us in the Manufacturing Belt.

sethstorm on February 3, 2009 at 7:57 AM

mankai on February 2, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I never knew that arguing for articulate, non-hack conservatism was a liberal position before tonight, did you?

It’s Vintage, Duh on February 2, 2009 at 11:35 PM

I’m learning a lot. Apparent;y since Hannity makes a lot of money he must be a well-spoken conservative. I didn’t realize that was proof positive. I must now apologize to George Soros. By the looks of his bank account he must be the most articulate conservative in the country.

Not that I have to write this… but I get ZERO compensation for writing for RushOn.org. I was asked to contribute based on my personal RIGHT WING blog and forum entries.

Oops! Gotta go! My DailyKos anti-Hannity talking points are coming over the fax machine as I type… OH, what a giveaway! Delete! Delete!

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 8:21 AM

I wonder why Republicans don’t admit to using tax havens if such things have a moral benefit.

Clean out your own and see which right-wingers are tax cheats or have money that somehow is being hidden.

sethstorm on February 3, 2009 at 2:28 AM

If you have proof, bring it forward…otherwise what you are stating is a prayer that the Republicans are as corrupt as the dems.
Nice for you to acknowledge that the dems are wrong…just weird that you are hoping to say it is okay by having the Republicans do the same.
What a strange argument…it’s okay because you might, maybe, be doing it also?

right2bright on February 3, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Don’t forget that cocktail weenie, Olbermann and his tax evasion.

marklmail on February 3, 2009 at 8:31 AM

sethstorm on February 3, 2009 at 7:57 AM

So it doesn’t bother you that the man defends Hitler and gives the left a talking point about the GOP being the party of nazis? Sorry, I’m sure you can find an issue or two to agree with just about anyone, but I choose my allies a bit more carefully.

Ann NY on February 3, 2009 at 8:36 AM

right4, you’ve demonstrated your authoritarian fundamentalist bona fides time and time again on this site. In your very small world, your version of the truth is “The Truth”. Anybody who dares disagrees with you is stupid, a liar or both, and is doomed to burn in hell for all eternity. You believe in a literal translation of the Bible, you are a creationist, and in the bubble in which you reside, the ends always justify the means. Evidence, reason and rationality mean nothing to you, as you continue to cling to the dogma that rules your existence. In short, you are an authoritarian fundamentalist. You are NOT a conservative. Crawl back under your rock.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 12:21 AM

you’re a darwiniac moron. did ya see the tree of life has gone by the wayside now?? just like your entire worldview..a lie. you’re just upset that I’ve made you look stupid on so many occasions.

thanks for proving you’re a liar, as well as an idiot. not that anyone is surprised given your history.

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I’m ok with Hannity. When he and Rush and Glenn are forced to move to satellite radio, I’ll be there with them. Satellite radio will then be named Radio Free America.
Btw, I’ve read a bunch of Buchanan’s stuff including his books, and I just dont see “Nazism”. That’s a word that gets thrown around a lot but nobody really knows what real Nazism means any more. Anybody who doesnt conform to our world view is a Nazi by default. Any real Nazi worth his salt would show up at your house about 2am, haul you and your family into a truck and you’d never be seen again. I dont see Buchanan doing this, sorry.

abcurtis on February 3, 2009 at 8:48 AM

pmanley on February 2, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Yup.

ExTex on February 3, 2009 at 8:48 AM

It’s Vintage, Duh on February 2, 2009 at 11:35 PM

let me guess your ‘conservative’ ‘articulate’ hero…david brooks!! yeah you’re real ‘conservative’ sure!!

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 8:48 AM

b/c liberals run the IRS, and liberalism itself is hypocritical in nature

jp on February 3, 2009 at 9:00 AM

This really really makes me mad! 15 years ago I divorced and moved. 2 years after my divorce I noticed money coming out of my checking account and after investigation found it was the federal government for a tax liability of ONLY $800.00 that I had NO IDEA that I owed due to my move! So I paid ALL of it with the taxes and penalties AND for SEVEN YEARS had this on my credit report!

This is BS!!!!!!!! WHY SHOULD ANY OF US PAY TAXES! WE ARE NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENTS PEASANTS!!!!!!!!

kthomas8268 on February 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM

My wife Cindy works two part time jobs and that’s how we make ends meet.Cindy was laid off from the school she worked for during school cuts five years ago. She applied for unemployment from EDD and took less then $300 for two weeks of unemployment, then she got a new job and stopped the unemployment right away. Three years later we got a letter from the IRS telling us that since she works two jobs she was not entitled to the unemployment. We were billed the less then $300 and oh yeah three year of interest too! If we’d “accidently” missed paying those taxes we’d have gone to jail! Of course since we’re republicans we had no chance of getting out of the cost. We couldn’t call it an “accident” either. Why does the Obama administration get a pass on hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes when we got soaked for a few hundred? Seems to me that something is rotten in the state of DC if you get my drift! Politicians “make mistakes” with hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes but the “little people get hung out to dry for less then five hundred? What’s wrong with this picture? I’m just a little ticked off over this to say the least!!! To be quite frank I’M PISSED!!!

Vntnrse on February 3, 2009 at 9:59 AM

kthomas8268 on February 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM

You should have just written on the bottom “Rangel bill” or “Daschle dodge”…

right2bright on February 3, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Question

I don’t know if this is important but I saw The One in person and he didn’t have a shadow.

Deathtomediahacks, April Orbit and monkai told me to shut up about it as people didn’t care just like they didn’t care about the US of KKK and Bombers and being Indonesian and stuff. I guess it only matters if NBC or The New York Times says so. I wonder how much controlling interest in…. I have some savings…people should know…

IlikedAUH2O on February 3, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Handing it to Sean!! Judging by the number of shrill lib posts appearing here, he has found a sensitive spot!!

jeanie on February 3, 2009 at 10:04 AM

BTW is there any proof that the Kennedys passed half a billion through FIJI and avoided inheritance taxes or is that just an urban legend?

The post above was a joke but the point is that the US of KKK wasn’t important because of the drive-bys. That was the problem. Not the issue or Hannity’s attempts to uncover facts. Even if The One had no shadow, it would not be important. They had a Democrat to elect.

IlikedAUH2O on February 3, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Culture of corruption, indeed.

ladyingray on February 3, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Vntnrse That kind of thing happens to me. I had a 90 day audit on a tiny income a decade or two ago. If you or I did proportionally what these Dems did, we would be in Sing Sing.

IlikedAUH2O on February 3, 2009 at 10:12 AM

If Hannity come on TV, turn it off. Rush on the radio, swtich stations.

These frauds, cheats, and criminals Obama is appointing to positions of enormous power, we can’t just tune them out.

The difference between liberals and conservatives, liberals cannot see the difference between an entertainer and someone who holds real power, enough to wreck both their lives and the the country as a whole.

Rebar on February 3, 2009 at 10:12 AM

jeanie on February 3, 2009 at 10:04 AM

very true! the pigs are squealing!!

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 10:12 AM

But he paid them in the other 40 or so, right? ;-)

Bigfoot on February 3, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I see as many ‘anti-Hannity’ shots here as I do comments about the actual topic, Lib tax cheats. I started out with just a little respect for Hannity, but that level dropped the more I listened. Then I heard about his ripping off Debbie Schlussel without attribution, more than once, and I went, “Hmmm.”
I know that having to fill an hour of TV nightly would be hard, but that’s how producers and reporters earn their money, creating content.
Rush fills three hours daily, brilliantly.
Hannity is a poser, and is no Rush Limbaugh.
Oh yeah-Lib tax cheats are bad. Carry on.

Doug on February 3, 2009 at 10:50 AM

At least I won’t need to login to TurboTax this year…or ever again.

kirkill on February 3, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I know lots of Liberals. They never complain about taxes. The reason, they work for the government.

BetseyRoss on February 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM

jeanie on February 3, 2009 at 10:04 AM

very true! the pigs are squealing!!

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Speaking of evidence… can you produce one shred of evidence that I’m a “lib”? Is it because I don’t absolutely and without criticism accept every conservative on radio and TV as infallible and above critique?

If so, that is a rather odd measuring stick. You can read my blog entries (ironically, I take a swipe at Hannity in my Jan 22 entry which extols the great virtues of CONSERVATISM). You can judge if I’m a “lib” or not.

btw – I supported Duncan Hunter in the primary (the few, the proud, the 0.5%!). Does that make me a “lib” because I was critical of McCain?

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Don’t know if someone said it, but we should really make an IRS audit part of the requirement for holding public office. They should get audited EVERY YEAR.

Badger40 on February 3, 2009 at 11:31 AM

BetseyRoss on February 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM

The liberals I know don’t have jobs. If they do, they are paid under the table & don’t even pay taxes.

Badger40 on February 3, 2009 at 11:32 AM

kthomas8268 on February 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM

In theory, we are not supposed to be peasants.
Unfortunately, I believe this theory is proving wrong with every bloated piece of govt receiving its lion’s share of our $$.
I feel like a slave every time I pay my land taxes.

Badger40 on February 3, 2009 at 11:36 AM

at the fast and furious rate we have been graced with recently… hannity would be better wondering why rain is wet and the sky is blue.

James on February 3, 2009 at 12:01 PM

mankai, engaging right4 is a fruitless exercise…like banging your head against a wall. He’s pathological. How do you reason with a guy who “thinks” the universe is 6,000 years old?

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 12:05 PM

How do you reason with a guy who “thinks” the universe is 6,000 years old?

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Does he really? How foolish, we know it is at least 10,000 years old…

right2bright on February 3, 2009 at 12:07 PM

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 12:05 PM

much easier than you engage someone who worships darwin as their hariygod….

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 12:12 PM

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 11:26 AM

still waiting for evidence that Hannity has:

That for four months translated into ZERO votes.

mankai on February 2, 2009 at 7:45 PM

so far nothing.

and this:

Hannity is what’s wrong with the GOP. His giddy “zingers” at the left lack substance. Watching him on H&C trot out quotes and repeat them ad nauseum in the faces of his liberal guests made me feel sorry for the liberals.

why is hannity ‘whats wrong with the GOP’ ???

and the above quotes are evidence that you are a lib…you make unsubstantiated allegations…without a shred of proof, or logic. and parroting left-wing talking points doesn’t help your case…

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 12:16 PM

But he paid them in the other 40 or so, right? ;-)

Bigfoot on February 3, 2009 at 10:42 AM

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 12:17 PM

right4, do you understand the concept of an opinion? One’s opinion regarding Sean Hannity is not a litmus test of one’s conservatism. You do understand that, right? Also, I do not worship Charles Darwin. He’s obviously an important figure in science. I’m not a biologist. The theory of evolution represents the best science to this point in time regarding the biology of our planet. At such time as creation or some other theory is scientifically proven to provide a better explanation, then I’ll be more than happy to accept the same. I’m about reason and rationality. You’re about superstition and mythology.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 12:31 PM

you do understand left-wing talking points right? you’ve heard of them? and usually people who say things like:

(insert name here) is what’s wrong with the GOP

is a liberal spewing left-wing talking points. how hard is this?

obviously you do. nothing anyone could say could shake your faith in darwin. there is no fossil evidence for evolution…it cannot be reproduced in the lab…yet you believe it…you:

1) assume evolution
2) personify nature
3) wave the magic wand of time

and you have faith that miracles of design somehow happen.

you’ll find this interesting…

Charles Darwin’s tree of life is ‘wrong and misleading’, claim scientists

Dr John Dupré, a philosopher of biology at Exeter University, said: “If there is a tree of life it’s a small irregular structure growing out of the web of life.”

Dr Dupré said: “It’s part of a revolutionary change in biology. Our standard model of evolution is under enormous pressure. We’re clearly going to see evolution as much more about mergers and collaboration than change within isolated lineages.”

link

a web of life is creation…not evolution…no tree…no evolution…sorry. get a clue.

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 12:51 PM

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Not exactly. I prefer Sen. Jim DeMint, Mark Levin, Rush, Newt, Reps. Jeff Flake and Jason Chaffetz, Gov. Mark Sanford and, where entitlements are concerned, Rep. Paul Ryan.

It's Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM

It’s Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I guess I was under the mistaken impression that Rush and Mark Levin actually LIKE Sean Hannity…I didn’t realize they looked down their nose at him!!

thanks!

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Vintage, evidently you missed the memo from Limbaugh and Levin informing you that they “actually LIKE Sean Hannity” and directing you to do the same.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Yeah I know. Well, see those memos only go to people on the right. As a stone-cold leftist, I wouldn’t have gotten it.

It's Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 1:15 PM

you two clowns sound like david brooks…real ‘conservative’

laughable.

oh and you can’t be a conservative evolutionist..its an oxymoron…

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 1:18 PM

It’s Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM

and get a clue, I’m not clicking on your blog..sorry…

talk about desperate…sheesh…

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Actually Vintage, those memos only go to those who know “The Truth”…folks such as right4. If you’re not a “conservative” exactly how right4 defines the term, then you’re a pinko, commie DEMONcrat or democRAT, libtard, and you’re going straight to hell.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 1:20 PM

See what I mean Vintage. Unless you are a fundamentalist Christian who believes in creationism and a literal translation of the Bible, you CANNOT be a conservative according to the word of right4.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 1:22 PM

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 1:22 PM

The fun part is that I do believe that. I was raised in a completely evangelical home, went to a Christian college and Christian grad school…Regent University, which was started by Pat Robertson himself.

But I’m also not judgmental about people who don’t agree with things I believe. I don’t care if you like Hannity. Hell, I listen to him 3 hours a day. But don’t say I’m not a conservative just because I wish he was more like Mark Levin or Rush.

And seriously, I get no money if people click on the site I co-blog at. Not only do we not have ads, but it’s not even my site. Haha. I have a feeling someone doesn’t know how these interweb tubez work.

It's Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 1:22 PM

but you sure can be a moron!! which you prove with every post.

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Every time a certain familiar face showed up on camera Sunday during NBC’s Super Bowl pregame show, Channel 4 ran a scroll at the bottom of the screen:

“Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports?”

I present this as evidence that the fans who don’t like Matt Millen secretly hate the Lions. Despite all appearances, the fact that they want the best for the Lions and have been critical of one connected to the franchise… they’re clearly all trolling Bears fans who moved to Detroit decades ago; cheering the Lions just waiting for this moment in history.

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM

LOL Vintage…that’s very funny and ironic. You sound like a good guy. right4 could learn a few things from you.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM

It’s Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM

you see thats not what this is about. you decided to defend someone who was spouting left-wing talking points. and of course you are upset that I would dare to attack anyone like that..but you have no problems with dumbo there calling me names…

and you cannot even defend what the orignal wacko said. too funny.

so I’m ‘judgemental’ if I disagree with someone..but dumbo is ‘tolerant’ and ‘open’ when he calls me names.

you really are a piece of work.

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 1:54 PM

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM

why are you SOOO obsessed with me?? hmmm?? just can’t get over that I disagree with your hairygod now can you?

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Don’t flatter yourself right4. I simply enjoy calling out authoritarian fundamentalists and exposing them for what they really are. Go spout your hatred and ignorance somewhere else.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 1:58 PM

not a chance, I enjoy making you look stupid…not that its very hard..

couldn’t defend your hairygod very well now could you?? too funny!

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 1:59 PM

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 1:58 PM

oh yeah, your first post in this thread was about me…

mankai, in case you haven’t noticed, right4 is a classic authoritarian fundamentalist. Full on scripture quoting, fire and brimstone, if you don’t agree with me, then you are a communist, pinko, heathen, DemocRAT, kind of guy. In his world, no way you can be a conservative and hold a differing opinion on any subject whatsoever. I’m with you…Hannity is a lightweight. Spouts the same tired old talking points. Nothing original…all schtick.

dakine on February 2, 2009 at 9:10 PM

sounds like you have a ‘thang’ for me..

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 2:02 PM

The “hairygod thing” really has kind of jumped the shark, don’t you think? I have no emotional investment in evolution or any other scientific theory for that matter. If evolution is ultimately proved to be erroneous as the accepted theory of biology on our planet, then so be it. If scientists prove the existence of your god and any god at some point down the road, then great. Facts, evidence, reason, logic are our friends. Come on out of the dark right4…live in the present.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 2:04 PM

right4, other than your hoping I have “a thang” for you, I’m not sure what point you are trying to make in your last post.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 2:06 PM

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 2:04 PM

right. laughable. I produced evidence, you have not, for anything you have said. all you can do is lie about me, because you sure cannot debate me.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I was just proving your obsession for me…I didn’t post to you..you came in this thead and immediately posted about me…

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 1:54 PM

But the “leftist talking points” you speak of was just someone expressing that they don’t find Hannity all that substantive.

And, if it makes you feel better, I’m sorry someone called you mean little names and hurt your precious little feelings. Since that’s the only thing that bothered you, you should be fine now.

Geesh.

It's Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 2:18 PM

You have offered no “proof” of creationism or the “young earth” theory. Your proof consists of passages from a book. You attempted to punch holes in evolutionary theory. Fine. I’m not a scientist, but as a layman, I can accept that biologists don’t have it all figured out yet. I’m pretty sure that 100 years from now we’ll have a much better understanding of our planet’s biology. I’ll follow the evidence and rely on logic and reason. You’ll stick to your book I’m sure regardless of the science. That’s what makes you a fundamentalist. You choose to deal with your ignorance and fear by turning to superstition and mythology. Sad and scary at the same time.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 2:18 PM

It’s Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 2:18 PM

oh please, yeah using left-wing talking points….SHEESH.

Geesh.

It’s Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 2:18 PM

you get upset at me because I disagree with someone but you have no problem with someone disagreeing with me..but I’m not supposed to have a differing opinon…it means I’m ‘judgemental’

you’re a nut-case.

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 2:27 PM

can’t deal with what I posted huh? ok, well explain this to me..why are there conserved, and ultra-conserved regions in the genome? you cannot defend darwin, but your faith allows no other options.

the faith of the darwiniac..someday darwin will have the answers…we just need time…laughable.

. You’ll stick to your book I’m sure regardless of the science.

my Book has been proven correct over and over and over again…stick with your racist hairygod, and we’ll see who has the last laugh.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 2:18 PM

you’ve proven yourself to be a FUNDAMENTALIST darwiniac..duhhh you really are clueless…but amusing…

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Going off-topic… but just as a Point of Information, right4life… I’m a young-earth creationist*… but I got there by my own personal examination of the evidence and by logic… not by screeching.

Disagreeing with you on Hannity has nothing to do with anyone’s theology (you injected that topic). It has to do with Sean’s minor-league content.

As for Hannity’s radio show, I listen to him almost daily because he’s conservative… just like I watched the Eagles when they had Doug Pedersen (blech!) at QB. I can root for the team while wanting FAR BETTER representation on the field.

And if you hold to a literal interpretation (as I do), you’d be horrified (as I am) by Hannity’s superstition-laden “Beyond Belief” segments (which call “Beyond the Bible”).

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 2:35 PM

you’re lying again. your friend dakine brought that up.

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 2:35 PM

I don’t watch his show that often, just listen on the radio…sometimes he’s obnoxious, sure he’s from NY, but he’s pretty much a straight-up conservative.

I don’t know what you find about him that is so objectionable…and its when you say things like ‘he’s whats wrong with the republicans’ is when I really wonder, because the left-wingers say things like that all the time

you also say he hasn’t brought anybody into the republican party (or conservatism) but I have heard people call in on his show and tell them he has changed their mind..he calls it being ‘hannitized’ so either its all some plot, or the callers are telling the truth.

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Good post mankai. I agree wholeheartedly with your take on Hannity (I can’t listen to or watch him, however). We’ll just have to agree to disagree on matters of religion, but I respect your tone and approach. Guys like right4 give evangelical Christians a very bad name.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 2:44 PM

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I tried.

I live by the credo “A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.” The “conversions” during the middle ages (or today in the Middle East) aren’t actually “conversions” at all. Nobody should be brow-beaten (or throat slit) into any belief.

Everyone is free to examine and consider what he likes. If they’ll leave me alone to do that, I’ll leave them alone.

And trying to convince/convert people on a comments board is like trying to discuss physics with an etch-a-sketch.

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 2:56 PM

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 2:56 PM

isn’t that what you were doing? and lying at the same time??

amazing. but not surprising.

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Write your congressional representatives to demand tax audits of every nominee and high-level advisor in the Obama administration.

notagool on February 3, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Roger that mankai. Guys like right4 will never get that. Everybody who doesn’t agree with him is either a liar, a moron, or both.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Sorry, “everybody” should by “anybody”. Sheesh.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 3:22 PM

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 2:56 PM

isn’t that what you were doing? and lying at the same time??

amazing. but not surprising.

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 3:06 PM

That was in reference to complex biological and physical science and/or theological arguments/evidence.

Opining that Hannity is talentless doesn’t require a whole lot of technical arguments… I thought it was rather self-evident.

Might I add that I’m struck by your demeanor? It’s touching really. Makes me proud to be an Evangelical. [Now where is that "rolleyes" emoticon right4life keeps referencing?]

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Things we’ve learned from right4 in this thread:

1. If you’re not a fan of Sean Hannity, then your conservatism is in doubt.

2. If you accept evolution as the prevailing theory of biology on our planet, then you are by definition NOT a conservative.

3. If you disagree with his fundamentalist views, then you are either a liar, a moron or both.

Thanks for clearing it all up for the rest of us.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 3:32 PM

mankai on February 3, 2009 at 3:25 PM

yeah he’s ‘talentless’ enough to have his own TV and radio show..for YEARS now…and be no. 2 behind rush…

you’re either an idiot, or a liar….ie a liberal.

I’m not surprised by your demanor at all…

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Thanks for clearing it all up for the rest of us.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 3:32 PM

you don’t need any help from me to prove you’re a liar, an idiot, and a moron.

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I almost feel sorry for you right4. Almost.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 3:41 PM

BTW, here’s an example of right4′s troubled mind:

tell me DC, did you enjoy bending over for the priests??

right4life on May 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM

Nice, yes? This guy is quite the representative for evangelical Christianity. WWJD indeed.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM

lol. Let me continue to blow right4life’s mind. Not only am I conservative and evangelical, I’m also gay and against gay marriage.

It's Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 4:58 PM

BTW, here’s an example of right4’s troubled mind:

tell me DC, did you enjoy bending over for the priests??

right4life on May 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM

wow you ARE OBSESSED WITH ME!! too funny!! you keep a catalog of my sayings!! I’m sure whoever I said that to deserved it..just like you do.

well thank God for concealed carry!

you definately are a wacko nut-job.

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 5:34 PM

It’s Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 4:58 PM

all I continue to do is marvel at your stupidity..do continue…I can always use a few laughs!

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 5:34 PM

It’s Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 4:58 PM

oh and yeah you’re a real conservative…*smirk*

in your deluded mind only…

I guess the truth draws you wackos like a moth to the flame…

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Blah. I’m done with this. I forgot the first rule of the Internet: Don’t feed the trolls.

It's Vintage, Duh on February 3, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I forgot the first rule of the Internet: Don’t feed the trolls

I shouldn’t but its a weakness…you wackos are so funny!

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Roger that Vintage. See you in another thread down the road. Let’s leave right4 to his little dark and depressing corner of the world.

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 5:50 PM

dakine on February 3, 2009 at 5:50 PM

don’t forget to add this thread to you DB of my posts!!

wacko!!

right4life on February 3, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I love Sean’s new show without Alan. There is a lot more humor added to the format now.

I laugh more, and I don’t get angry anymore now that Alan’s gone.

13Girl on February 3, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Hannity’s OK — I can remember when he was on an Atlanta radio station, I think it was WGST — but really he seems inordinately proud whenever ANYone on the left mentions him publicly in a negative way. Also I remember he has a nasty habit on his radio show of using other people’s material without proper attribution. And, he becomes too repetitive and talking-pointish.

ddrintn on February 3, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Why would we want to place a Daschel wanabe into office. Al Freak’em should withdraw from the race. Also, any elected or political candidate who is found guilty of infringements of tax laws (that they write or may write)should resign.

Their removal is essential because paying taxes is required of every citizen, and when they refuse to pay their fair share, they are in essence relinquishing their citizenship. More important, the demonstrated lack of leadership alone is sufficient to remove them from office because there is no longer any trust in their ability to represent and do what is right for the public.

MSGTAS on February 4, 2009 at 9:22 AM