Ultimate heart-ache: Palin supports the stimulus? Update: Or does she?

posted at 2:00 pm on February 1, 2009 by Allahpundit

The same stimulus that head RINO John McCain opposes for its porkiness?

Most Republican governors have broken with their GOP colleagues in Congress and are pushing for passage of President Barack Obama’s economic aid plan that would send billions to states for education, public works and health care.

Their state treasuries drained by the financial crisis, governors would welcome the money from Capitol Hill, where GOP lawmakers are more skeptical of Obama’s spending priorities.

The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, planned to meet in Washington this weekend with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and other senators to press for her state’s share of the package.

In fairness, there’s a difference between supporting a bill on the merits and agreeing to accept funds from a bill you oppose that’s destined to pass anyway. Jindal, for one, freely admits that he’d have voted against the bill in Congress but will take the money to help Louisiana. No sense standing on principle when it won’t do any good, right?

Right?

The most outspoken critic has been South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, who has warned for months of a steep spike in inflation and a severely weakened dollar if Obama’s plan passed. His state is on track to receive $2.1 billion of the stimulus money; Sanford has not yet said whether he would accept it.

“It’s incumbent on me as one of the nation’s governors to speak out against what I believe is ultimately incredibly harmful to the economy, to taxpayers and to the worth of the U.S. dollar,” Sanford said in an interview. “This plan is a huge mistake and is going to prolong and deepen this recession.”…

Associates say Sanford, who recently was elected chairman of the Republican Governors Association, has been disappointed in how few of his GOP colleagues have joined him in speaking out against the size and scope of Obama’s plan.

See Flip’s latest graphic for a handle on that size and scope. Exit question one: She was instantly forgiven for supporting amnesty and TARP. No biggie on this either, right? Exit question two: I’m getting yet another demerit on my conservative permanent record for even pointing this out, aren’t I?

Update: Commenters are yelling at me for (1) knocking Palin for supporting TARP when I supported it myself and (2) supposedly misrepresenting her position on the bill. First: I’m not knocking her for supporting TARP. See, e.g., NRO’s David Gitlitz on how TARP might well have saved the financial system. I brought it up here to illustrate how she gets a pass for heresies that lesser conservatives get hung for. Second: Quoting from above, “In fairness, there’s a difference between supporting a bill on the merits and agreeing to accept funds from a bill you oppose that’s destined to pass anyway.” I.e. I wasn’t suggesting she loves the bill on the merits, or that she’s suddenly a fan of trillion-dollar spending outlays. My point was that, like Jindal and unlike Sanford (maybe), she’s willing to accept federal spending as a way of kickstarting the economy provided it’s directed to “good” projects. I thought the grassroots conservative position on economic recovery was for the feds to either do nothing or do it all through tax cuts. Am I mistaken?

For the record, here’s a statement from her office dated January 12 emphasizing her opposition to earmarks in the stimulus. And here’s the conclusion of her letter of January 7 to Alaska’s congressional delegation urging fiscal responsibility in the final bill:

Although it is beyond my purview as Governor, I also urge you to consider how the economic stimulus package will affect the national debt and the future economic health of the country. The need for economic stimulus should not become an excuse for the continuation of the unsound policies of the past. The nation’s economy will never achieve long-term stability if we continue borrowing hundreds of billions of dollars from foreign countries, all the while Simultaneously sending huge amounts of money overseas to OPEC countries for oil that could be produced domestically. In this regard, I am astounded by amounts of a trillion dollars and more that are currently being discussed in some quarters.

I believe our nation is truly at an economic crossroads. Properly constructed, the economic stimulus package will greatly assist in sending our country down the right road. Without question, you will be called upon to make very difficult decisions on behalf of Alaska and the nation, and I want to assure you of the cooperation of my administration in achieving the best possible result.

Thanks to commenter INC for those links.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 10

How did I know Allah would go after this angle?

Jim62sch on February 1, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Goodbye, Hot Air.

Jim62sch on February 1, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Sorry, you suck it up for the nation…Palin is wrong on this one.
Just because it “helps” your state, it is devastating to the United States.
She and Jindahl may mean well, but they are wrong…a pig at the trough is still a pig.

right2bright on February 1, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Do we have a direct quote from her?

artist on February 1, 2009 at 2:06 PM

No, but it’s pretty crazy for you to make an issue of it when you were pro-tarp.

I’d say the better angle would be to support Sanford, but it’s not really about that is it? I’m asking, ’cause it seems to just be about traffic. I’m not trying to be snide, just seems posts are getting repetitive.

Spirit of 1776 on February 1, 2009 at 2:06 PM

do you know that she supports amnesty?? she couldnt have said anything different in the campaign. wow. you guys sure are looking for some big time website hits arent you?

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 2:06 PM

We have a strong, fiscally responsible governor in Indiana by the name of Mitch Daniels. His position is the same as Jindal’s. He wouldn’t vote for it, but he’ll take the money for state projects.

Tru dat, playa.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on February 1, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Maybe she’s just being a realist, knowing that it will pass so she may as well see that Alaska get a slice. That’s the best spin I can put on it. I hope at heart she does not support it.

Maxx on February 1, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Unfortunately Palin seems to be a populist and not an ideologue. Next she’ll be saying that excessive greed is bad etc.

ebrawer on February 1, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Sorry, you suck it up for the nation…Palin is wrong on this one.
Just because it “helps” your state, it is devastating to the United States.

right2bright on February 1, 2009 at 2:06 PM

There’s no real evidence of what she thinks about the bill , give it time to show.

the_nile on February 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM

cwac, how do you know palin wouldnt do the samething? she has said this bill is way too expensive

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM

its called politics, life goes on.

rob verdi on February 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM

ebrawer on February 1, 2009 at 2:07 PM

She more or less said that at the debate with Plugs Biden.

angryed on February 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM

the_nile on February 1, 2009

That’s why I’m asking for a direct quote.

artist on February 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Goodbye, Hot Air.

Jim62sch on February 1, 2009 at 2:05 PM

can’t handle the truth?

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 2:10 PM

can’t handle the truth?

Noneya on February 1, 2009

What is the truth?

Provide a direct quote.

artist on February 1, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Mark Sanford,

saying and possibly doing the right thing.

The attitude that the FEDS give is that there is always a spending bill to save the day.

Why do today, that what we can make more diffucult down the road.

Truly selfish leadership by too many.

Sonosam on February 1, 2009 at 2:11 PM

can’t handle the truth?

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 2:10 PM

You got any truth to spare ? Is there any credible source about what she thinks .

the_nile on February 1, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Behold, your so called she-Messiah!
seriously,most gov’s do, even the conservative ones.

abobo on February 1, 2009 at 2:12 PM

allah hates palin so much. I bet her position is directly the same as Jindal’s.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 2:12 PM

She must be planning to stay in Alaska. It’d be a bonanza for her there, but most of us don’t like it.

C’mon Sarah. We haven’t forgotten you. Have you forgotten us?

VolMagic on February 1, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Oh I bet the democratic governers are against it? We are going to get some kind of stupid, assinine, piece of crap stimulus. Why not get the governors involved instead of the senators to put together a bill. It might be a better bill that what the house and senate purpose. If they are going to shove it down our throats why not ask those who are in charge of the states. Maybe then we can cut out the std part, the contraception part, the illegal alien part, and all the other so called stimlus crap.

Brat4life on February 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Allah is so grounded till Memorial day for this.

DeathToMediaHacks on February 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM

The sad fact is that most people – be they voters or governors – will take free money when it is presented. Of course we all know it’s not really free, but that’s not how the average Joe sees it.

Hey Obama will give me “FREE” health insurance? Cool. Where do I sign up? Obama will give me “FREE” college tuition, like totally rad dude. Obama will give me a “FREE” mortgage so I can keep the house I could never in a million years afford on my own? YES WE CAN!!

And a governor will act no differently when Obama promised to send billions of dollars over with no strings attached.

angryed on February 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Also, aetheism allusion in the last post, now this?

It’s Super Bowl Sunday, man. Only us non sports nuts are bothing with you today.

VolMagic on February 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM

And the other 49 governors are saying what, no thanks?

fogw on February 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Allahpundit

Maybe. Do we have a quote from her? If it turns out she is against it, but just seeing that her state gets part of the action if/when it passes, then she’s just doing her job.

Maxx on February 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Noneya on February 1, 2009

Once again I ax….why are you people feeding the troll?

angryed on February 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Hmmm…this is indeed troubling.

Are you saying that Palin isn’t trying to be everything to everyone at every moment like a certain politician whose name rhymes with Tarack Olama?

Shocking, better toss her overboard.

Bishop on February 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM

She’s hot, though, so who cares about those pesky old conservative principles, right?

JA on February 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Every state has submitted projects. Check out
Stimulus Watch

Don’t miss what Puerto Rico is asking for!

debg on February 1, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Just because the Associated Press says that Palin supports the stimulis then its got to be true according to Allahpundit.

AllahP, you are just an entertainer and a newcomer at that!

Vince on February 1, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Provide a direct quote.

artist on February 1, 2009 at 2:10 PM

wish I could, but your Saint Sarah is suddenly muzzled. So I just have to go by the fact she is in D.C. begging for a piece of the stimulus bill she is supposedly against…

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 2:15 PM

If it’s going to pass, then you might as well take the money…the fit will hit the shan whether your state has extra dollars in its coffers or not.

If Palin has actually come forward and stated the she thinks the plan is a good idea, I’d be surprised.

LimeyGeek on February 1, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I heard that Palin would only accept a portion of the package, maybe a 3rd and use it on pipeline infrastructure.

Something that will actually make money which is key and mostly ignored when these bills are born.

If thats so, I would be pleased.

Sonosam on February 1, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I don’t think we need to judge Palin just yet. Let’s wait, watch, and remember so that in 2012 we can judge her. This is an early report and the stuff from the campaign was tinged with McCain moderateness.

Maybe Palin isn’t as good as some of us think but maybe she’s not as bad as Allahpundit thinks.

Kronos on February 1, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Is that a strong chin on Palin?

Coronagold on February 1, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Sanford ’12.

The Dean on February 1, 2009 at 2:16 PM

This is what is wrong with the Republicans. How sweet it would be if all the Republican Governors used this opportunity to say we think this is wrong, morally wrong…and will not partake of the sacrament that the Messiah is offering…even though they could “use the money. ( And the dirty little secret is, State budgets are over bloated too, in this economic times why is it that government still gets bigger…while everyone else tightens their belts? )

If the governors did that, it would send the right message and have the Democrats running for cover. I still like Palin, but this is a black mark.

Conservative Voice on February 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Allah is so grounded till Memorial day for this.

DeathToMediaHacks on February 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I’d like him to bring a bit more meat into the speculation.

Whats the specifics. What does she plan to do?

the_nile on February 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM

sam, that is exactly what she said. Hey allah how about you find some stories from the past few days when Palin was talking about what she wanted?? DO some research bud and get the story right.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Anybody who votes for or supports this abomination is DEAD to me.

califcon on February 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Sonosam on February 1, 2009 at 2:16 PM

True. There are smart things she could spend money on that would provide longer-term benefits than the hackneyed liberal welfare bullshit being shoehorned into the monster bill.

LimeyGeek on February 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Sanford would be dropping a double-whammy on SC if he didn’t push for every last dime for his state in this bill. His constituents would be forced to pay the tab like the rest of the country but receive fewer of the (unfortunately limited) benefits.

The Palin/Jindal model is the proper position of conservative governors. Sanford is looking to score political points, and will likely accept the money when it’s sent his way–and he probably doesn’t have to do much lobbying with moderate Sen. Graham to represent his state. Win/win for Sanford.

free-thinker on February 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Not a big deal. She’s being pragmatic, and I respect that. I’m not much of a Palin fan obviously, but credit where it’s due and all that.

dakine on February 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM

She has it made it clear that she is against the stimulus, warning of its effects on inflation and the debt

Allah gets his info from the AP on this with no direct quotes

Palin has stated that she will ask for infrastructure of the gas pipeline and for a military installation

she is getting her head ripped off by AK talk radio and the dem senator for not asking for enough.

This site has been become garbage and I’m done with it

joey24007 on February 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I recently moved to North Carolina from South Carolina. I miss Mark Sanford and Jim DeMint. Lindsey Graham? Not so much. But I am always grateful for the principled and conservative stands that Sanford and DeMint make on a regular basis. They are true conservative leaders.

wardrobedoor on February 1, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Once again I ax….why are you people feeding the troll?
angryed on February 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM

We’re just being kind. If not for the pwning noneya receives here on a regular basis, it wouldn’t get any attention at all.

We throw a few scraps, noneya scrabbles after them, and we get rewarded with a crumbly-toothed smile from it.

It’s called sympathy.

Bishop on February 1, 2009 at 2:18 PM

She’s got a state to run and probably a budget shortfall. If she uses her national prominence to fight against the stimulus, maybe it costs her state a few billion dollars.

All politics is local. She has to make sure her voters are taken care of and get re-elected or she’ll be out of the White House race for a while.

dedalus on February 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM

This site has been become garbage and I’m done with it

joey24007 on February 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Apparently it’s going broke anyway….

LimeyGeek on February 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Noneya on February 1, 2009

Thanks tool.

You admit you have no evidence to support your “fact”.

artist on February 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

If she’s muzzled , where’s the voices that says it’s a fact.

the_nile on February 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

When one is relying on the Associated Press, the motto should be Don’t trust, verify.

Commenter INC provided details on Palin’s requests last night here and here.

Buy Danish on February 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Every state has submitted projects. Check out
Stimulus Watch

Don’t miss what Puerto Rico is asking for!

debg on February 1, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Cool link.

I checked my state of GA and Athens (home of UGA) has about 20% of the projects listed. Odd seeing how the population of Athens is about 1% of the state.

While I’m sure it has nothing to do with anything, Athens voted overwhelmingly for Obama. Pure coincidence I’m sure.

angryed on February 1, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Commenter INC provided details on Palin’s requests last night here and here.

Buy Danish on February 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Terrific, thanks.

Spirit of 1776 on February 1, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Allah you need to read those two posts. Palin doesnt like this bill.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Anyway, regarding Palin’s DC trip. She is not there to lobby for the stimulus. In fact, she is against it as written. She is there to make sure the insfrastrucuture projects she is seeking for Alaska are not held to the “shovel ready” stipulations since Alaska’s cold climate will play a factor in how soon they can begin work. She also wants to make sure her state is not punished for forward funding education. She met with McConnell and Feinstein because they are part of the committee that will determine where the money goes. Governor Palin has only requested infrastructure projects that meet prior requirements of benefiting the nation as a whole and what she is seeking is minimal. She is also concerned about legislation that is being proposed that will lock out ANWR to drilling for good. I’m sure this was a topic of discussion as well. For those concerned that she has “caved” or supports the stimulus as written, don’t worry. Governor Palin is still the fiscal conservative we always believed her to be.

joey24007 on February 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

She is semi-attractive, so nothing she does can be criticized.

When will RINOs like AP learn?

e-pirate on February 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Apparently it’s going broke anyway….
LimeyGeek on February 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Will that mean….Captains Quarters will be resurrected?

*crosses fingers and toes*

Bishop on February 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Anybody who votes for or supports this abomination is DEAD to me.

califcon on February 1, 2009

Socialism, waste and funding the left, are still just that.

Regardless of who votes for it.

And I oppose ALL of it.

artist on February 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

ebrawer on February 1, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Excessive greed is considered a sin…why is it that government is exempt from being guilty of this sin is beyond me…government controls 50% of the economy ( add up all the taxes, its 50% or more for some ) and that isn’t seen as greedy?

Conservative Voice on February 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Isn’t her support of the porkulus solely based on the basic funding all governors get for infrastructure?
Jindal said he would have voted against the porkulus but will accept the money.
Sanford is against it, but will most likely keep the money anyway.
Palin wants money for the pipeline, transportation, and something for the security of Alaska– for its military.
Obama is essentially using state funding as a pawn for the governors to support this bill.

jencab on February 1, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 2:15 PM

While we’re on the subject of people whose actions don’t match their campaign rhetoric, what about our dear leader’s decision to expand rendition? I noticed you and your sock puppet, getalife, are avoiding that thread like the proverbial plague.

Disturb the Universe on February 1, 2009 at 2:24 PM

remember Allah:

Don’t ever think independently. The posters here will crucify you

blatantblue on February 1, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Doesn’t AP like Sarah?

argos on February 1, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I am getting tired of the anti-Palin and all the anti-Christian crap on here too. I keep thinking “give Hot Air another chance”….I just dont know if I’ll be back or not…

winged on February 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I heard that Palin supports rendition!~

Vince on February 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM

If it wasn’t official before it is now. AP has SDS. You’ve become a joke.

Ampersand on February 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Will that mean….Captains Quarters will be resurrected?

*crosses fingers and toes*

Bishop on February 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Never heard of it….

LimeyGeek on February 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Allah gets his info from the AP on this with no direct quotes

This site has been become garbage and I’m done with it

joey24007 on February 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM

This is the kind of background i think Allah should dig up, not only MSM bias hit pieces.

She dont like money for nothing , but if it’s a real long term investment she’ll take it.

the_nile on February 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM

You have a conservative permanent record? What’s on it that demonstrates conservatism?

Kensington on February 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM

winged go grow a pair.

blatantblue on February 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Palin just want’s the Federal Government out of her way, she doesn’t want the pork.

Firebird on February 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM

remember Allah:

Don’t ever think independently. The posters here will crucify you

blatantblue on February 1, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Burn the heretic!

LimeyGeek on February 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM

you guys are acting like obamatons. I love palin but jeeze

blatantblue on February 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Hey maybe AP could have looked this up … its not that hard do, just check out the Guv’s website:

joey24007 on February 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM

I heard that Palin supports rendition!~

Vince on February 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Good, if true. I hope she supports torture too.

LimeyGeek on February 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Ridiculous equivalence. What’s next? Filling out a 1040 means you support Obama’s tax plan?

Ronnie on February 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Sorry, you suck it up for the nation…Palin is wrong on this one.
Just because it “helps” your state, it is devastating to the United States.

right2bright on February 1, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Not quite. You have to do the job you are in, not the job you might someday get. Jindahl and Palin are both governers. As such, since their states need the money they will take. I doubt if either support this piece of crap.

duff65 on February 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

you guys are acting like obamatons. I love palin but jeeze

blatantblue on February 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM

COMMIE

LimeyGeek on February 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

no its fine to think independently. Just dont rehash WRONG AP stories. He is just doing this to make Palin look bad which he knows will make alot of her supporters really mad. All of this = more hits for the site which = more money for allah. She has stated she is against the bill.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Investment in drilling. Stimulus you can get behind.

- The Cat

MirCat on February 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM

If she’s muzzled , where’s the voices that says it’s a fact.

the_nile on February 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

uh, ok why do you think she’s staying quiet, genius?

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I have it on good authority that Palin also doesn’t want to kill illegal immigrants by hunting them down with helicopters and assault rifles.

I mean, that’s what all conservatives want to do, right?

Bishop on February 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

If AP had included the factual info, then the libs wouldn’t visit the site.

Vince on February 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

And we believe this because the Associated Press throws in a sentence, without quotation?

I’ll remind you all that it was just last month that Begich was complaining about Palin being against the stimulus and not asking for more than just 4 projects worth of federal funding–mostly for the pipeline.

Alaska’s new Senator Mark Begich says Governor Palin is not asking President-Elect Obama for enough help in the nearly trillion dollar stimulus package he has proposed to rebuild the nation’s economy. Wednesday, Palin sent Alaska’s congressional delegation a three-page letter only requesting five stimulus package projects. The letter only added Kodiak Missile Launch Facility upgrades to the four gas pipeline road projects Palin already requested.

Begich says in an estimated $800 billion dollar economic recovery package he wants to know why Palin is only asking for about $150 million dollars.

“I think the 4 projects she’s identified, in my view, is not enough.” Begich says

Enoxo on February 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Allahpundit

Well that didn’t take too long to research, yes you have well earned another demerit Allah, your headline is a lie.

Maxx on February 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I will repeat the analogy I used last night when this subject first emerged:

You have a crazy aunt you help support. She starts handing money out to bums and leeches. She offers you money, too. Do you turn it down, or take it and use it to pay for repairs on her neglected house?

Of course, having the crazy aunt committed is the best course of action, but if it’s not an option, what do you do?

Disturb the Universe on February 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I think AllahPundit has figured out exactly how to dangle the catnip in front of certain HA regulars – atheism and swiping at Palin always produces predictable results.

It’s quite funny really.

LimeyGeek on February 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Ap knows how to get under everyones skin

blatantblue on February 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM

She is semi-attractive, so nothing she does can be criticized.

When will RINOs like AP learn?

e-pirate on February 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

yeah right, next thing you are gonna tell me is that she winked at you when she was really winking at me…..

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Mitch Daniels here in Indiana will take the money, even though he does not like the bill, even though fiscally Indiana is in better shape than a lot of other states. Why? Because the people of Indiana pay federal taxes like everyone else. And the state has to be in compliance with federal mandates, etc.

I think Obama’s bill is too much money myself, but I also think the Democrats have a majority and some form of stimulus will pass.

Terrye on February 1, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Disturb the Universe on February 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM

You send the crazy aunt on a long walk, on a wintery night, in her pyjamas.

LimeyGeek on February 1, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Kensington on February 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Giving publicity and web traffic to Huckabee.

Jim62sch on February 1, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Noneya:

Considering the fact that Obama would not even be president if it were not for his ability to wow an audience, I don’t think Democrats are in any position to be talking vain and vacuous political leaders.

Terrye on February 1, 2009 at 2:35 PM

This entire thread is just a baiting exercise.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Might as well support it now. If it fails just blame the president. Worked for the Democrats on the Iraq war.

Dash on February 1, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Of course, every thread has to be a baiting exercise to elicit response, but still.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 2:37 PM

terrye, mitch daniels is just like Palin then. They are doing the same thing.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 2:38 PM