Quotes of the day

posted at 10:15 pm on January 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

“There were days when she walked around the building with (her daughter) Piper, handing out bagels. I think those days are gone.”

“She has requested we do not schedule any interviews for her.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

over at teamsarah some guy posted a site where you can look at how many projects each state is in the middle of or wants to start. Most states “projects” were listed above 200 and counting. Alaska?? Just a measly 43 projects. Sarah is doing a GREAT job up there.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM

On this particular thread she has displayed the rhetorical skill of an over zealous hall monitor, so I believe my characterization to be pretty much on the mark.

Disturb the Universe on February 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Your comment was a straight-in shot. I was doing a bank shot.

platypus on February 1, 2009 at 1:01 AM

I went to team Sarah, and that is not what she is doing. She does need funding for her pipeline. That is what is going to be the next Energy user. Those articles twisted way to much around. I will wait and see, I don’t think she supports the pork stimulus. She isn’t that type of person.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM

The media knows that Palin is as attractive to real conservatives as Reagan was. They smell it and they must destroy her, it’s like a primal instinct for a liberal that only subconciously knows they are living a lie and must, MUST, kill anyone who could expose their lies and hypocrisy.

Palin, however, didn’t have as much experience as Reagan in front of the camera and with the media. She now has learned, and won’t make that mistake again. She trusted McCain’s aids that screwed her over so badly, I’m sure they were working for Obama.

ANY republican ever running another campaign must get the names of whoever was handling Palin’s media and ensure they never wind up with them on the team.

Those 2 articles are the worst they could come up with? She’s doing fantastic then.

JustTruth101 on February 1, 2009 at 1:07 AM

I’m disappointed that Gov. Palin is supporting the stimulus bill. Also, if she’s avoiding the national media, it seems like she doesn’t want the national spotlight and won’t run in 2012. We will see.

terryannonline on February 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM

SHE ISNT supporting the bill. my god

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 1:15 AM

SHE ISNT supporting the bill. my god

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Well I guess I misread the AP article.

terryannonline on February 1, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Would I say she was “lobbying”? That’s a bit tough to judge.

hockey2k5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Governors lobby all the time. It’s part of their job.

They are just nitwits who are baiting you, and you are letting them succeed at it.

Buford Gooch on February 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

It’s OK. There are plenty of those in “real life”, and the MSM bait us all the time as well. All you have to do is present the facts.

The entire reason these articles were written is to provide Obama with political cover by saying see “some Republicans do support the stimulus”.

kcarpenter on February 1, 2009 at 12:55 AM

That, and isolate the “base” as fringe kooks. Won’t work. This bill is the Democrats’ baby. They sink or swim with it.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 1:19 AM

it wasnt you. The ap totally distorted Palin which is typical of them. She is seeking a SMALL amount of funds. The legislators in alaska want her to seek over 400 million. she said there is no way she would do that.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 1:22 AM

No, you all didn’t miss read the article. It was done that way to trick us. Don’t give up hope. I don’t believe she would be that way.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:25 AM

JustTruth101 on February 1, 2009 at 1:07 AM

They desperately want a Bob Dole to run against in 2012, and are terrified that they may not get it.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Well I guess I misread the AP article.

terryannonline on February 1, 2009 at 1:19 AM

It’s not that you misread the AP article, so much as that you didn’t read it carefully enough, and you assumed that the AP would present the facts fairly and objectively, without any agenda – such as, for example, casting the obvious Republican front-runner in 2012 in a bad light among her potential constituents.

You can’t be so credulous as to take any outlet of the Mainstream Media, much less one with as much demonstrable bias as the Associated (with terrorists) Press, at face value.

kiltedscotsman5 on February 1, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Well I guess I misread the AP article.

terryannonline on February 1, 2009 at 1:19 AM

you didn’t. she supports the bill that has to be why she is there lobbying for her cut and why she is hiding from the media.

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 1:28 AM

she sent that letter on the 7th, the bill just passed this past week and now she’s here to collect her cut.

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Noneya, so you live in the D.C. area, yes?

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:29 AM

It’s not that you misread the AP article, so much as that you didn’t read it carefully enough have us here to spin it for you….

kiltedscotsman5 on February 1, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Also, have you examined your obvious obsession with Sarah Palin? As in, what it is about and why you are such?

I’m thinking you either have Michelle Obama on speed dial or you would really like to.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:30 AM

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:29 AM

nope. i meant in the lower 48.

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 1:28 AM

…because you have a particularly PRIMITIVE kind of harmful eye affixed on Sarah Palin and all issues relative to Sarah Palin. Which is abnormal, even among the political.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:31 AM

nope. i meant in the lower 48.

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 1:31 AM

I don’t believe you.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

You are as sleep Noneya. It hasn’t been a done deal yet! So sad don’t cry now. Never seen a person with so much hate in her/him. I think you are a her. But who cares.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Well, as to the sane individuals posting here — which excludes Noneya and getalife, either/or or altogether — the issue is discussed rather clearly on Free Republic, so I just read, that Palin’s supporting the “infrastructure” expenditures as to the Stimulus (which I also think is a good idea, spending on infrastructure but not in the framing that Obama has done, which is moreorless to subjugate the issue of infrastructure to his ulterior goals of his “Obama workforce” plans which won’t do much to actually improve our economy, nor our infrastructure, especially if what results is an ever expanded “government employee” roster).

What SHOULD be considered NOW in the Senate is a process to create growth in the economy, in parcels, not in this “we gotta do it all at once and now” process. The push seems to be due to locale governments’ budgetary fiascos, but in many cases, they should be left to level out themselves, inorder to correct bad spending habits and bloat.

Palin supports the idea of stimulating spending for purposes of improving infrastructure. Many of us, also, think that’s a generally good idea.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:37 AM

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:37 AM

I do support that also. Thanks S

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Noneya is a lesbian who was absolutely devastated that CALIFORNIA! rejected gay marriage. She is angry and bitter, feels rejected and lashes out here because she can… I feel sorry for her. I don’t dislike her just her juvenile antics here but anyway… this is who she is… She could use prayer…

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Alaska’s new Senator Mark Begich says Governor Palin is not asking President-Elect Obama for enough help in the nearly trillion dollar stimulus package he has proposed to rebuild the nation’s economy.
Wednesday, Palin sent Alaska’s congressional delegation a three-page letter only requesting five stimulus package projects. The letter only added Kodiak Missile Launch Facility upgrades to the four gas pipeline road projects Palin already requested.

Begich says in an estimated $800 billion dollar economic recovery package he wants to know why Palin is only asking for about $150 million dollars.

“I think the 4 projects she’s identified, in my view, is not enough.” Begich says

In the letter, Palin describes those as, “…four infrastructure projects that would support construction of the Alaska natural gas pipeline…creating new jobs, both in construction and the operation of the pipeline.”

An Era of Hate on February 1, 2009 at 1:39 AM

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:33 AM

I agree, I think Noneya’s a female. She has a certain street or primitive-cat-hiss about her as to Palin, an unnatural venomous quality about Palin that is almost always that of a man who wants to be female (and tries to be) or a female who hates competition, assuming Palin’s Noneya’s competition which I’d be willing to be only Noneya thinks.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:39 AM

…I’d be willing to bet (not “be”). ^^

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:39 AM

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Well, that explains it! God’s most difficult request, to pray for those who speak all manner of vile things about ‘us’…

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM

“Us” as in, Christians.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Gov Palin’s letter to Alaska Congressional Delegation

Note: Need to have Adobe Reader installed to view the letter

An Era of Hate on February 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:39 AM

I hear you there. It is frustrating, wish she would stay at huffpo.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:43 AM

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM

It works though right?

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 1:43 AM

…read through all the comments to get to the truth of things as to what Palin’s position is as stated about the Obama/Democrats Stimulus Porkfest.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Gov Palin’s letter to Alaska Congressional Delegation

Note: Need to have Adobe Reader installed to view the letter

An Era of Hate on February 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Thanks, I found that on Team Sarah, it isn’t what I or some thought. I love her, she is a real person like us. And beautiful inside and out.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:46 AM

It works though right?

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 1:43 AM

YES, it works, just like everything else God asks of us or suggests we do (He’s God, after all, and I know *I* can’t make a tree or a carp or bring a universe about out of nothing…so He certainly knows more than I do…).

It’s just that it’s one of His most challenging suggestions, to pray for those who “despitefully use (us)…and speak all manner of vile things about (us)…”

It’s just a very difficult thing to do to climb up and out of the emotional trap that is our humanity.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:46 AM

wish she would stay at huffpo.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:43 AM

I have this theory (just my own theory, my own figuring), and that is that people such as that annooy and pester (“troll”) others BECAUSE they are in need and can’t or won’t admit it. Thus, when the trolling/pestering is done as to a person who represents Christian morality as Palin does, draw the logical conclusions. People in need of salvation have a way of, well, crying out about Christ louder than others.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:49 AM

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM

It works though right?

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 1:43 AM

I salute S. on his quote! and CCRWM, yes prayer does work. But will take some a long time to change. Don’t need to go to church to pray. I pray all the time. I guess the Catholic Church had something to do with the way noneya’s anger. She isn’t alone. Some let things go. Others have to be kicked and kicked before they let things go. Some never do. But prayer is a great healer. I do believe in prayer.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:50 AM

I have this theory (just my own theory, my own figuring), and that is that people such as that annooy and pester (”troll”) others BECAUSE they are in need and can’t or won’t admit it. Thus, when the trolling/pestering is done as to a person who represents Christian morality as Palin does, draw the logical conclusions. People in need of salvation have a way of, well, crying out about Christ louder than others.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:49 AM

I admire your theory. :)

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I think reading this article from Jan 12 is eye opening also.————

It may even provide a few laughs such as “President-elect Obama said last week: “We are going to ban all earmarks, the process by which individual members insert pet projects without review. . We are going to bring a long-overdue sense of responsibility and accountability to Washington.”

A spokesman for Senate Majority Harry Reid was even more blunt: “There will be no earmarks in the stimulus. Nada. Zero. Zilch.” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has expressed agreement.

“It’s understandable that many Alaskans want to see some local projects advanced,” Gov. Palin said. “But it’s pretty clear that it won’t happen in this stimulus package, and we need to be realistic about that.”

Im assuming that the original stimulus package was a false premise.

canditaylor68 on February 1, 2009 at 1:53 AM

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:46 AM

I used to get really annoyed and a couple of times insulted her and then I realizd that God is probably more worried about her than he is of me (maybe just barely) so even though she comes here and completely ignores posters well intended, well research, and thoughtful responses to her (not realizing she doesn’t care..she’s here to poke us)I just prayed for her and then let it go. I skip past the posts of trolls in case I’m tempted to engage in a nasty way again…

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Sarah Palin is not some avatar of Ronald Reagan. Reagan would have known you don’t campaigns by repeating names like “Bill Ayers” and “Joe the Plumber”. You win by articulating your vision for America.

Speedwagon82 on February 1, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Speedwagon82 on February 1, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Ronald Reagan the VP doesn’t control the McCain Campaign.

Oh wait…. Ronald Reagan was never a VP.

An Era of Hate on February 1, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Speedwagon82 on February 1, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Reagan wasn’t the VP candidate and following the P candidates platform Sarah was. If she feels a deep enough sense of duty and runs for P it will be a much different campaign though it won’t be short of the effective fight back she’ll need to employ… I remember her disappointment when after Mac told us all to fight and, it was obvious she was willing, he announced he was pulling out of Michigan

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Same here CCRWM. I got pretty vile with her. Seems like she is young. Probably younger then me 34 year old son. He is gay. I love him more than anything. Nothing would make me turn against him. I am trying to be good. At my age I just say it as I see it. But that isn’t a good trait. Something tells me that she needs a friend. So, I try to be nice to her. We are human, and we get nasty. That happens. My X hubby hurt my son deeply. From one of her post her parents turned their backs on her. That is heart breaking. But when she dishes her hate out, I might not refrain. But I am trying.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM

I have tons of family in Michigan. That move was the most damaging for McCain. A lot of my family couldn’t bear to vote for Obama, but they didn’t go and vote. I was mad when my cousin told me. Now look at who we have. Wish he didn’t do that. More people in Mich. liked Sarah a lot.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Bustamante was bad enough but his corrupt ways finally caught up with him. He was the Lieutenant Gov.

I must have had a case of cerebral flatulence. I saw the letters “AG,” don’t know why I associated it with Lt. Gov.

eaglescout1998 on February 1, 2009 at 2:08 AM

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM

I don’t know if her parents turned their backs on her as she described or if they (out of love… I believe they are Christian) could not tell her that something that would lead to her separation from God in eternity was okay. Gay people tend to want total acceptance and refuse to see that we aren’t hatefilled but love filled… though in our humanaity we make mistakes sometime in our responses.

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 2:09 AM

There are a lot of Republicans in Michigan, unfortunately, there are a lot more democrats! Anyway, like CA, where I’m from they keep electing liberal democrats who have run the states into the ground.

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 2:12 AM

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 2:09 AM

I agree totally with what you said. We shouldn’t have to put up with some of the Gays wanting to infringe on us. (the straight) Which makes me strike out at times. I have to say how I feel. I never let my son think he was special. He is the same as all of us. I get irked when the Media says they are special. Different yes.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:13 AM

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 2:12 AM

I am in Pismo Beach area in Ca. Way to many Democrats.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM

I guess the Catholic Church had something to do with the way noneya’s anger.

I’m a Catholic…and I don’t understand that statement.

The Church is not responsible for creating sin in people, by the way, Christ is not the source of sin.

S on February 1, 2009 at 2:27 AM

I’m a Catholic…and I don’t understand that statement.

S on February 1, 2009 at 2:27 AM

She said the other night that the Catholic Church turned against her and her parents also turned against her. I know what you mean. My hubby is Catholic. That was what she had wrote. I thought that odd myself.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:29 AM

CCRWM on February 1, 2009 at 1:53 AM

I THINK that God cares equally about all of us, all of Mankind. But Christ does tell us to “feed (His) sheep” — to go after the lost one and let the herd remain on their own.

But I, too, scroll past most of the trollage, here, anywhere else. There’s a point where you must not walk any further, or read any more, but turn to prayer, as I know you understand.

Anyway, who here is not surprised that Sarah Palin remains the No. 1 target for the Left and the Left in media? At this rate, we can all read these articels about Palin and assume they’re written by someone with a Mad Hat on.

S on February 1, 2009 at 2:32 AM

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Bah, that’s sin talking. Sin becomes more attractive to a sinner than the Church and the Church becomes their stumbling block accordingly. So they “blame the Church” for just about anything and everything that helps them rationalize remaining comfortable in their sin, whatever it may be.

S on February 1, 2009 at 2:33 AM

S on February 1, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Exactly, we are the sinners. Is why she has a lot of hate and disdain for others.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Well, my eye is starting to hurt so I must go to bed. Is great having conversations with intelligence. As this site has a lot of intelligent people. Night S and CCRWM. Prayers to you both and all.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Big surprise. chunder blindly and unthinkingly supports her pretend girlfriend, the vacuous phony from Alaska.

dakine on February 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

What are we supposed to be opposing here? Oh… and grow up.

chunderroad on February 1, 2009 at 2:41 AM

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:36 AM

There’s a difference in recognizing and admitting that our nature is “fallen” and we live while on this Earth amidst a fallen environ, and in accepting sin or sins as customary or even to be accepted and “lived with”.

We’re sinners by nature (Man is fallen, so the story goes) but it does not facilitate accepting sin or, in other words, ‘taking it in stride’ like it’s some shorter limb we “just have to live with.”

I never intend to get into these religious discussions but it just seems they inevitably come up.

My point about the Church and about Christ is that Christ is not the source or cause of sin. Human beings as individuals (all, each of us) is asked to confess and seek forgiveness from God for our sins BECAUSE THEY OFFEND GOD, and, because we also face God’s judgement (and what He is offended by, He is not going to avoid judging if not rejecting — so the story goes again).

So people who “blame the Church” when they experience contrary differences due to what is deemed to be sin, are embracing the sin and their own human egos in defiance of God. That means, they remain in unremitted sin, they refuse the sacraments of forgiveness and literally casting off their sin. Fear keeps people in sin, more than anything, and anger keeps them away from Christ who does heal them if they ask.

S on February 1, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Night S and CCRWM. Prayers to you both and all.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 2:40 AM

To you two, also, sweet dreams.

S on February 1, 2009 at 2:46 AM

She needs to fund that pipeline. It’s vital for our nation’s security.

Would I say she was “lobbying”? That’s a bit tough to judge.

hockey2k5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Funds have already been allocated for the pipeline and private companies are involved in most of the construction, from my understanding. She just has to talk it up while she is in DC. Most of her concern is making sure her state is not left out when federal money is divvied up.

chunderroad on February 1, 2009 at 2:48 AM

chunderroad on February 1, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Right, doing what Governors are elected to do.

I don’t see the flames here that the Left is once again attempting to apply to Palin. I think it’s the mere fact that Palin’s a well-regarded Republican, is what chaps them more than anything. And afterward, they try to find any one thing or everything at once to ridicule about her. But it’s her support-base as to signifance that’s bugging them, make no mistake.

Alaska, though, has state budget woes now like other states do, after failed investments. Apparently, a lot of their money was invested in stocks, which the Democrat-majority on Wall Street have squandered recently.

S on February 1, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Observations:

1) Sarah is going low-key but still growing nationally because the Alaska Legislature is in session and she needs to stay focused on that.

2) She is definitely thinking of running in 2012, but it is not definite that she goes for it in 2012. Depending on how Obama does, she may postpone til 2016. I believe she will run for re-election as governor.

3) She is the greatest threat to a second Obama term OUTSIDE of Obama messing up himself. Therefore, continued blog-hate of Sarah will continue as Axelrod & Co. try to get the postponement of her POTUS ambitions or try to knock her out for 2012.

4) Yes, Sarah is FOR the ‘infrastructure’ parts of the stimulus package that potentially direct federal funds to Alaska. That is a good thing. Note how she is not mentioning support for the pork in the bill. Infrastructure projects tend to create jobs ONCE they get going. Obama’s plan is 90% pork, but at least Sarah is going to do her best to get the least porky part for her people in Alaska and this looks very good for and shows Alaskans she is fighting for them as the good mommabear she is.

5) Someone secretly is getting her some national advice. Maybe Dick Morris or somebody else or a combo of part-time advisors I’d guess. She is showing signs of interest in foreign policy issues

6) Sarah and Michael will get along very well I think.

7) I wouldn’t be surprised if during an interview later in the year, you see a strategically placed copy of Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged” on her coffee table at her home while Greta or someone else talks to her.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:05 AM

can’t accept the fact that Saint Sarah is on Obama’s side and not yours on the stimulus?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Noneya, Sarah is against the pork plan, except the infrastructure parts which actually in economic terms are what is referred to as ‘investment’. Although these are not as stimulative as direct tax cuts to business, investors, and individuals, they can lead to future growth.

The problem with the current plan is that Obama is simply flooding the coffers of the fat cats like Planned Parentgood and the other goofy interests who don’t need this money. The goal is to get a majority of Americans dependent on government and willing to vote Dem.

What Obama is trying to do nationally is what has happened in California: One-Party Socialist Rule that destroys the economy and makes people dependent.

This is not a good thing to celebrate, but to shed tears over due to the suffering Obama will cause in failing to truly address what the economy needs.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM

Sell-Out Crist from Florida is for it. Just sent an email to let him know he is right on the “stimulust” as he was backing John McCain in the primary. And the same thing is going to happen to him in the next election.
Never forget folks.

JeffinOrlando on January 31, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I knew just shaking Crist’s hand and looking him in the eye that he was for ‘Crist’. I shook Todd’s hand and looked into his eyes too. He is a staunch Sarah supporter – :)

I shook Sarah’s hand too and looked into her eyes. She slapped the puppy-dog look off my face and told me to ‘man-up’.

Ok, that last sentence wasn’t quite true, but you get the story.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:20 AM

There is one issue I’d like Sarah to clear up and that is it seems like she’s slightly less anti amnesty than New York’s newest Senator.

Speakup on January 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

That would be the stupidest thing to comment on in the history of politics. NOBODY with half a brain will touch anything as HOT as the illegal immigration issue at this time.

If Sarah said even one word on it, it would betray her political imcompetency.

What she said during the election was probably what the McCain camp said to say.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:25 AM

Maybe she’ll stop by to offer moral support to Kentucky in the aftermath of the ice storm, since it seems that the Obama Administration and FEMA aren’t paying any attention ….

bkr2c on January 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I drove through Kentucky earlier today from Alabama to Cincy, and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

Every tree in the state from 20 miles north of the Tennessee border all the way through I65-I71 have an exoskeleton of ice covering every branch, twig, etc.

Trees all over the place downed or with large branches broken. I thought a comet or asteroid hit the state.

TWICE I pulled over to go #1 and the power was out and the toilets were not open.

BIZARRE. Power down everywhere.

However, there was one bright spot I found about Kentucky that may make me live there and work in Cincy: VERY open and looser GUN LAWS. A state where even women shoot. Palin country all the way.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Obama’s “Katrina”……………….

……… and not a word as he heats up the White House.

Seven Percent Solution on February 1, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Those of you who are Sarah fans, join TeamSarah. The people there are really nice. It doesn’t have all the KOS, DU, and HUffPo hate. I suspect it will be a real positive force for Sarah. They are on top of related issues too like “What the FOCA”, etc.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:37 AM

wow, you guys really do hold her to a low standard, don’t you?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

No. We hold you in low regard.

You get help for that other little problem of yours yet?

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:41 AM

Hey Mr. Obama……….

………. look at this.

By the way…………..

………. this is the “before” picture.

Seven Percent Solution on February 1, 2009 at 3:50 AM

Yeah, after McCain got that jump in the polls at the Republican National Convention, I though there was hope for sure, but then he suspended his campaign, and I was certain Obama would be our next president. Unfortunately, that’s not what some of the (overly) optimistic commenters here had me think a week or so later. I can’t be upset with anybody here for getting my hopes up because a lot of other people like me got their hope up too, but I learned a valuable lesson on Nov. 4: I need to assess the situation and trust my primary judgment. Gotta stay positive and optimistic but within the boundaries of reality.

Achilles on January 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Achilles,

Trust your judgement, and in this case Rasmussen was what everybody followed and the only polls I followed. Before the economic meltdown and McCain’s suspending his campaign, he and Sarah were even or even up 1%.

After the economic meltdown, I thought he would probably lose, but I still fought as hard as I could til the night of the election. I felt McCain would lose.

BUT, you NEVER EVER give up til the game is over. You fight with tenacity til you are mathematically eliminated in any competition. You DON’T quit.

With a name like “Achilles” you of all posters here should know that. He was a great Greek warrior who did not give up and eventually the Greeks defeated Troy.

Now man-up and fight the blog war like the great warrior of your name.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:50 AM

dakine on February 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Chunder supports Lyda Green?

I’m shocked! :)

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:56 AM

kcarpenter on February 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Good post.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:58 AM

ok, so I’ll take it she’s not over in D.C. begging for a share….. except SHE IS!

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Yep. Mommabear loves her people. And she’ll get some of that infrastructure money too.

She’ll charm the Messiah while Rahm watches in horror, and the Dems STILL GET BLAMED for the wasteful spending blowout that is coming as Mitch and the rest of the gang thumb it down and the Dems can’t blame anybody else.

Imagine the Messiah actually having to take responsibility for this actions for the first time.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Hey Noneya,

You can’t ABORT this pork bill now. It’s out of the bag and the support for it goes down a little bit more EVERY day.

Like watching a ship sink slowly.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:04 AM

Neither article says it, but both are trying to imply it.

It does not matter if she supports the stimulus, she is a governor. The decision is not hers.

In fact, the decision is not up to Republicans at all. They don’t control anything.

Yeah, they are governors, duh!!!!

kcarpenter on February 1, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Yep, give the man a cigar. A nice illegal Cuban one too.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:07 AM

dakine on February 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Dakine would be my favorite Palin trolling nutjob on hotair.

She’s worst than that gay benny dude.

An Era of Hate on February 1, 2009 at 4:08 AM

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Yep. Like watching the sun rise, Sarah is a fiscal conservative. Get used to it.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:10 AM

You know who reminds me of the Palin-Haters?

The same hateful people that fought to KEEP segregation in the 50′s/60′s in the south. They remind me of the people spitting hate at those black students walking to school at that college for the first time.

That is exactly the feeling I get about Palin-Haters of the Noneya or DKOS variety. The vitriolic hate is so pure and vicious. I’ve never seen anything like it in the media in my life.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Dakine would be my favorite Palin trolling nutjob on hotair.

She’s worst than that gay benny dude.

An Era of Hate on February 1, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Yah, where’s Benny? Come on everybody……

In Kentucky (with no power)

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:16 AM

According to this site, the state of alaska is only asking for 43 projects…..

An Era of Hate on February 1, 2009 at 4:21 AM

Chunder supports Lyda Green?

I’m shocked! :)

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 3:56 AM

I heard Sarah called her a bitch a long, long time ago. ;)

chunderroad on February 1, 2009 at 4:26 AM

wish she would stay at huffpo.

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:43 AM

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:49 AM

BINGO!

Another poster has Noneya pegged. She is an opportunity for us to reach out to like a frightened stray dog you come across who won’t let you near and will snap and growl. She is in a lot of Rachelesque-type pain. So, let’s remember that before we go off and flame her.

She has already been the beneficiary of at least one Rosary, and probably will get another.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:27 AM

nope. i meant in the lower 48.

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 1:31 AM
I don’t believe you.

S on February 1, 2009 at 1:32 AM

I don’t believe her either.

People, remember that the March for Life 2009 was last Thursday. I posted here last week/weekend of how I bumped into a woman I worked with on a project in 1999 on the METRO last Wednesday and how in only 10 minutes I knew:

1) She was lonely.
2) She had an abortion.
3) She had a boyfriend for 10 years and he never proposed to her but used her for sex.
4) She came on to me (a little, not a lot).
5) She worked for Nancy Pelosi.
6) She was sad.
7) She was spiritually hollow or empty.
8) She was not ready to face some hard truths.
9) She was stubborn and a feminist of the left.

If you cannot admit that you are sinful or fallen, it puts you firmly on the road to Hell. She didn’t know it, not yet, but what she was missing was her relationship with God, His Son, and especially for women, his Mother, Mary.

There are millions of women who are suffering with themselves due to abortion. When they see Sarah holding Trigg instead of aborting him, it RIPS their chest open again in a way that is so painful that we men can’t really understand.

Nobody needs to face that pain alone. Who can?

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:40 AM

sheebe on February 1, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Me too.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:42 AM

S on February 1, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Best post of the week.

Thanks S.

God bless you too.

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:49 AM

Nonya, or whatever your name is…and all republicans/conservatives, etc.:

I was firmly for Sarah Palin in the election. I think she was just as qualified as our newly minted president (*shiver*) and I thought the media coverage was horrific. HOWEVER, she is one of many who could be our “man” for the job in 2012 and should not be foisted upon us when there are plenty who could do it.

Also, let’s not be so wedded to her, as we were with Bush, that we cannot see the forest for the trees. If this person supports bigger government and the only distinction between her and some democrats is her social con cred, SHE IS NOT WHAT WE WANT. I tell you, we cannot have another 8 years like we had. We were suckered in by the folksiness and paid for it, literally. I am not saying Palin is like this…I am saying we do not need to do, essentially, what the left has done and create our own “celebrity” candidate.

If she is for this stimulus and is lobbying for it in any way right now…not a good sign. I realized states have a federal budget and have projects, but, this is a terrible, terrible bill. She should speak against this instead of lobby for her state’s goodies. Yuck.

Mommypundit on February 1, 2009 at 5:15 AM

S, great synopsis of human nature.

Mommypundit on February 1, 2009 at 5:20 AM

Nobody needs to face that pain alone. Who can?

Sapwolf on February 1, 2009 at 4:40 AM

Particularly if/when their own doctors urged abortions for amnio results. How tragic. To see Sarah with Trig would kill them…we KNOW it is a life. God help us collectively and individually for calling murder a choice.

Something interesting that John Piper said was, in essence, that abortion IS our judgement, not what will BRING God’s judgement in the first place. See, we long before turned our faces from God and abortion, being the scourge that it is, IS part of our judgement. It is a fundamentally different way of thinking. Of course, if we did away with abortion, we would be a more sane and humane society. However, to simply say that before abortion we weren’t somehow still sinners who collectively chose self over the transcendent God is just not true. Abortion IS a horrific judgement upon us…to have the blood of our children shed over our land is satanic and our doom.

Mommypundit on February 1, 2009 at 5:28 AM

You might as well say McCain was working for Obama.

aengus on February 1, 2009 at 6:52 AM

What do you call a politician (McCain) that defends Obama more vehemently than he does his own VP running mate:

at best misguided; at worst complicit.

I will state it this way: every politician has an Achilles’ heel that if activated by circumstances will set about to destroy him or her:

For Bill Clinton it’s his need for sex when he is stressed out.

For Hillary Clinton it is her lack of foresight to develop contingency plans if things go wrong or presuming too much.

For George Bush Sr. it is that he comes across as too much of an aristocrat and is too nice for the political arena.

For George W Bush it’s his inability to communicate and his naivety regardless the viciousness of the MSM and the love of his Hispanic nanny (affected his immigration stance).

For McCain it’s his persona to lead through negotiation rather to lead from firm, unyielding principle. Add in white guilt to the mix and you have the reason why McCain lost.

Now as to Sarah’s weakness. She trusts too easily and is too easy to take advantage of. That is why she needs to surround herself with loyal subordinates that will not stab her in the back. If she does not, look for a repeat in 2012 of recriminations from campaign staff that we saw in 2008.

technopeasant on February 1, 2009 at 7:21 AM

technopeasant on February 1, 2009 at 7:21 AM

McCain will forever be a POW when it comes to negotiations on any matter. If it is a matter that more beneficial to the opposition he folds early so as not get them upset at him. In matters beneficial to his side he folds early so as to show that he is willing to go along to get along.
JMTC

thomasaur on February 1, 2009 at 7:42 AM

The way I understand it Paulson dumped the first 350B lump from the 1st stimulus package into the banks in the Fall to shore them up and that’s what we needed and something that wasn’t done with the Great Depression in the 30′s when they needed it. The balance of the $350B will probably do more of the same.
Of this next 1Trillion stimulus (which is actually going to cost us much more with interest owed), about $250B will stimulate the economy by creating jobs, some in energy-related projects. That’s what Sarah’s going after as she should. The rest of the 750B is wish-list pork barrel that will get carved up and much of it dumped.
Through all this we have to keep the Chinese and Arabs happy because they own us and could call the debt, raise their oil prices or just not buy any more bonds to keep us afloat. What we really have to worry about are the ravages of hyperinflation when there is a glut of worthless American dollars on the streets in 2010 when more of the stimulus money is set to flow. God Save America…and for all the Libtards out there, no more forcing banks to veer from sound practices.. i.e., no more subprime mortgages which started this ball rolling with yes, folks the Clintons. Of course the Bushies just had to hatch a war doing what they love to do best and it was on their watch that Rome burned and the market collapsed, necessitating crisis control with the banks. If we could make one thing happen it should be to make Washington slowdown and think. This is our money, not theirs.

gracie on February 1, 2009 at 8:08 AM

How’s Piper’s baby doing? Is she getting married to that Levi guy any time soon?

Vernon Hardapple on February 1, 2009 at 8:08 AM

As soon as I read this, we were in for another “Sarah good, people who no like Sarah bad!” thread.

And Voila!

Can you not resist, Allah?

Squid Shark on February 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Tax evaders are treated more judiciously in the press (and here) discussing their lawbreaking than Sarah Palin in her normal duties as Governor. There is a vindictive streak in nearly everything piece written about her that I see. Would it change you? It would me.

Vernon Hardapple on February 1, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Vernon Hardapple, will you get to a point where you offer constructive comments, or are you bound to throw bombs and force us Conservatives deeper and deeper into a mindset that we must act the same way and ultimately get some payback? I personally can play it either way.

hawkdriver on February 1, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Is it possible for HA to implement an “Ignore” feature that would allow individuals on this site to not even see the posts by specified posters? I appreciate the people on this site who can engage in reasonable discussions without name-calling and “Look at MEEEEEEE!” behavior, but there are a few people who consistently hijack threads with ceaseless inanities.

DrMagnolias on February 1, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Since Piper is like 9, I am sure that she is physically incapable of reproducing. I am sure that Levi is much more interested in her elder daughter.

Squid Shark on February 1, 2009 at 8:28 AM

hawkdriver on February 1, 2009 at 8:26 AM

You should check out the http://hotair.com/archives/2009/01/31/iran-to-obama-your-willingness-to-talk-proves-your-weakness/, non of the resident trolls dare to visit that one of some reason..

the_nile on February 1, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Squid Shark on February 1, 2009 at 8:28 AM

True , but if he was one of Obamas muslim friends..

the_nile on February 1, 2009 at 8:31 AM