Quotes of the day

posted at 10:15 pm on January 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

“There were days when she walked around the building with (her daughter) Piper, handing out bagels. I think those days are gone.”

“She has requested we do not schedule any interviews for her.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Well, the outrage has turned into spin.

The name callers will be ignored if you want to discuss the issues.

Have a good evening.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

INC, sorry I couldnt get here quicker I was over on conservatives4palin. We were all in a chat but then a bunch of trolls came in and screwed it up. You are welcome to join us over there. Mainly for people who just really are fans of Sarah and want her to run for the highest office in the land.

ousoonerfan15 on January 31, 2009 at 11:38 PM

NoLeftTurn on January 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

you must be dizzy after all that spinning!

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:38 PM

implicit? to whom?
Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Anyone with a reading comprehension level beyond that of a third grader, for starters.

Anyone, for that matter, with an IQ greater than their weight in kilos.

Finally, anyone who reads her words without seeking partisan ammo to shoot her down with.

Guess that leaves you 0 for 3.

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:38 PM

wow noneya you are truly a dunce. Did you read that first line in her quote?? God what a moron you are.

ousoonerfan15 on January 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Well, the outrage has turned into spin.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

You know a Leftie is in the room when the word “spin” is used to mean “interpreting a sentence and coming up with its plain, literal meaning.”

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Perhaps the right will get on board.
Sarah has.
getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Last time I checked she can’t vote on this, but in any case she will be pushing a drill baby, drill agenda.

Perhaps the left will get on board.

A new poll commissioned by Investors Business Daily finds overwhelming majorities in favor of increased drilling and domestic production of oil. By a 3-1 margin, Americans identify runaway fuel prices as a bigger problem than global warming, and they want action taken immediately to address it.

Buy Danish on January 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I never idolized Palin at all, but I was definitely in denial about the election. All of election day, I was here, on HA, and actually believed that McCain/Palin was going to win. A few weeks prior to the election I was just like everyone else and was certain Obama would win, but the people here made me change…they kind of got my hopes up. And so, here, every time a new poll came out saying Obama was ahead or Palin was viewed less favorably, I laughed it off as mere liberal B.S., but unfortunately, as we all learned, most of the polls were very true.

Achilles on January 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Oh, there was a lot of whistling past the graveyard. After Lehman Brothers declared bankruptcy and after Paulson and Bush urged that monstrosity of a bailout, and after McCain “suspended” his campaign, I knew it was a lost cause. I didn’t even notice polls that much after that.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:38 PM

so she is against the bill? when did she announce that?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Duh.
Less is more.

Randy

williars on January 31, 2009 at 11:43 PM

ousoonerfan15, thanks.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

wow, you guys really do hold her to a low standard, don’t you?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

If Sarah Palin comes out all in favor of this bill, I’ll say she’s wrong. What’s the big deal? You think that helps the Democrats somehow? Not when this enormous POS hits the fan.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:45 PM

uh yeah I would think she is against the bill if her own state is up in a tizzy because to them she isnt requesting nearly enough. She said so herself that this bill is WAY too expensive.

ousoonerfan15 on January 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM

so she is against the bill? when did she announce that?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:43 PM

It seems that earlier, when I ascribed at least a third grade reading comprehension level to you, I was giving you too much credit.

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Buy Danish on January 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Hello BD,

We were discussing the stimulus bill with jobs, baby jobs.

Try to keep up.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I’m beginning to think Noneya has a huge Palin crush. Noneya’s more obsessed with her than anyone else on this site.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Palin’s op piece on drilling in Alaska.

An Era of Hate on January 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM

wow, you guys really do hold her to a low standard, don’t you?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

love the you guys comment

you really like to lump people together. guess the simpler the better for you

Jamson64 on January 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM

no i really did not like the comment

Jamson64 on January 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Yeah, after McCain got that jump in the polls at the Republican National Convention, I though there was hope for sure, but then he suspended his campaign, and I was certain Obama would be our next president. Unfortunately, that’s not what some of the (overly) optimistic commenters here had me think a week or so later. I can’t be upset with anybody here for getting my hopes up because a lot of other people like me got their hope up too, but I learned a valuable lesson on Nov. 4: I need to assess the situation and trust my primary judgment. Gotta stay positive and optimistic but within the boundaries of reality.

Achilles on January 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

We were discussing the stimulus bill with jobs, baby jobs.

Try to keep up.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I know it may be hard to comprehend, but “drill, baby, drill” DOES mean “jobs, baby, jobs”. And not just resodding the Mall.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Jamson64 on January 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Are you the guy that called Palin an idiot?

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:49 PM

wow, you guys really do hold her to a low standard, don’t you?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

No, I have a low opinion of our dear leader’s capacity to govern. Like the crazy aunt in my analogy, he might mean well, but he’s doing foolish things with my (tax payer’s)money. If I can’t stop the foolishness, I can mitigate it.
It’s called pragmatism.

Disturb the Universe on January 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

ousoonerfan15 on January 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM

uh yeah then why hasn’t she said so? that letter is from january 7th and only says “oh i hope you boys don’t go overboard, now don’t forget my cut, ya hear?”

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Geez I wish she were the Gov. of Ca.

Speakup on January 31, 2009 at 10:26 PM

fixed it for ME, ha ha.

NY Conservative on January 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

she has a volcano about to blow up under her constituents so is not spending her time on media,, the alfalfa dinner thingy and face time with leadership to put her states interests forward

MOST EXCELLENT! now THAT is a Governor for me!

Git r done

or as we HRC supporters say xitches get things done, nuns and xitches, yes we do

for those who may not know, effective powerful women like Sarah often get that tag, sadly often from the supposedly feminist peeps much to the horror of millions of we DEM women who carried the party for years and years

oops guess Im still bitter, but whatrugonnado? Join SarahPAC of course and TEAMSARAH!

YOU BETCHA@@

ginaswo on January 31, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Geez I wish she were the Gov. of NY

Speakup on January 31, 2009 at 10:26 PM

fixed it for ME, ha ha.

NY Conservative on January 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

god I suck at this

NY Conservative on January 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

What’s wrong with that? Isn’t that what governors say just about all the time?

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

uh yeah I guess you forgot to watch her press conference in Juneau last week before she left for Dc. She said basically the exact samething.

ousoonerfan15 on January 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

uh yeah then why hasn’t she said so?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I mean, Noneyagetalife, if you’re going to hang this on a convenient Republican, you’ll have to do better than that.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:55 PM

I’ll see you guys when Allahpundit is out of work. He thinks these threads drive traffic, but really they just drive them away.

jimmy the notable on January 31, 2009 at 10:45 PM

I`m still here….as are MANY others

NY Conservative on January 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Great.

Another on board for the stimulus bill.

We are making progress.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Great.

Another on board for the stimulus bill.

We are making progress.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

In its present configuration? Nah. Cut out about, oh, $600 billion or so and I’ll be on board.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Maybe because she credits her supporters with more intelligence than one might find in the average Leftist twit? to spin furiously for her while she goes and grabs a cut of the bill her supporters are overwhelmingly against.

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Talk about a double standard.

During the Campaign when the financial collapse happened Obama stayed aloof and didn’t really get involved. Primarily I believe so he wouldn’t give the opposition any ammunition to use against him latter on. The result of this was that he was generally praised by the media and the left for what they said was him having a cool head in a time of crisis.

Fast Forward to today and Governor Palin who is doing essentially the same thing is being accused by the media and the left of shirking her responsibilities as Governor and hiding from legitimate questions from the press.

Dreadnought223 on January 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

eaglescout1998 on January 31, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Bustamante was bad enough but his corrupt ways finally caught up with him. He was the Lieutenant Gov.

Attorney General Moonbeam flip-flops on Prop. 8

Unbelievably Jerry Brown is the AG and he has the biggest war chest to run for Gov. AGAIN!

Speakup on January 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

But then, I’m not a governor of a state, either.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM

when did she announce that? are you speaking for her now?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Big surprise. chunder blindly and unthinkingly supports her pretend girlfriend, the vacuous phony from Alaska.

dakine on February 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM

The name callers will be ignored if you want to discuss the issues.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Another on board for the stimulus bill.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Exactly how does willfully and purposefully misinterpreting the words, or misrepresenting the opinions, of one of your opponents constitute any sort of serious “discussion of the issues?”

Do you honestly think you are fooling anyone here as to your intentions or your integrity?

Gah… lefties make so ill sometimes…

kiltedscotsman5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

I don’t view CBS, NBC, MDNBC, CNN, ABC …

I don’t either. Nor do I watch Fox. I’m probably better-informed than I was when I DID watch the networks.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:09 PM

join tha clib!

NY Conservative on February 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Like I asked, what’s the problem with that? She didn’t write the bill. Her party didn’t, either.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

errr club, and I aced spellllinng in skoool, goe figger

NY Conservative on February 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM

As much as I don’t care for Palin’s politics, I don’t see much here. You don’t have to be Carnac to know the stimulus package is going to pass, it would be political suicide in Alaska to ignore using it just for political gain. You don’t have to be for the stimulus package to use the resource it provides. Nothing wrong with Republican Governors taking advantage of it and putting it’s funds into projects that may be advantageous to their state’s economy and welfare. If they don’t, it will just get used somewhere else for the Dems pet projects.

lowandslow on January 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I cannot hardly believe it, but I almost completely agree with you on this.

Yep- the governors are getting the money. The question now becomes, can they still be fiscal conservatives and use the money wisely?

I don’t know.

It is in the best interest of every governor, including Palin, to do the best they can with the money.

The stimulus will not work, but it does not mean you cannot get a bridge repaired or a road built with it.

PS. Alaska will not have to go into debt by actually using the federal money. They actually have billions so they can provide matching funds. Palin alone banked at least $5 billion in 2008. Most states will have to bond for the matching funds required by the federal government, including my state, Wisconsin.

Still, I am not happy with all of the GOP governors grubbing for money, not even Palin. It ticks me off.

But…If I were a governor, I would be doing the same thing that Palin is doing. You have got to fight for your state. If she doesn’t and the economy continues to collapse and she didn’t attempt to use the federal dollars, her critics win. If she does take the money and uses it to the best of her ability, and the economy continues to collapse, then it is Obama’s and Washington’s fault.

kcarpenter on February 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM

when did she announce that? are you speaking for her now?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I’m speaking for myself.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

kiltedscotsman5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

again, WHAT WORDS? she sent that letter on the 7th, the bill just passed this past week and now she’s here to collect her cut.

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Liberal Moron Logic: If you actually ask for certain projects that will actually improve alaskan’s infrastructure and promote job growth in the state than that means that you are in favor of the whole bill….

stay tune to another segment of !Liberal Moron Logic…..!

An Era of Hate on February 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:01 AM

no problem, I’m glad she sides with our President on this and not you guys

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

kcarpenter on February 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Well, you’ve got to understand that Noneyagetalife et al spend most of their time grasping at straws.

Palin’s doing what governors do.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM

she never even said she will take any money you fool.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

no problem, I’m glad she sides with our President on this and not you guys

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Governors side with any president that’s handing out cash. Again, it’s a governor’s job. So?

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

again, WHAT WORDS? she sent that letter on the 7th…

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Noneya, you ignorant slut…

1. I was addressing getalife, not you (oops! Darn, doncha hate it when you’re sock-puppeting and forget which window you’re typing in?).

2. I was addressing getalife’s interpretation of ddrintn’s words, not the interpretation of Sarah’s words that you sub-moronic nitwits want to try to push.

3. Do you REALLY want to keep putting forth so much evidence of your stupidity? At some point, even narcissists like you have to get tired of living down to increasingly lower and lower standards…

kiltedscotsman5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM

she never even said she will take any money you fool.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

ok, so I’ll take it she’s not over in D.C. begging for a share….. except SHE IS!

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM

no problem, I’m glad she sides with our President on this and not you guys

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Happily, she doesn’t, shitferbrains. The lowlife Chicago-culture standard only applies to Obomba, apparently. Everyone else has to have a functioning brain and some integrity.

Jaibones on February 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM

this is from Josh Painter over at Sarah Palin for president. The truth about her being in DC:

All she has asked for out of an $800 Billion stimulus is $150,000 in funding for the gas pipeline project (to bring North Slope natural gas to the lower 48) and for a missile launch facility. The former project being for energy security and the latter for national security, it’s safe to say everything she’s requesting for her state serves the national interest.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

kiltedscotsman5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM

okaaaaaaaay, you know, denial ain’t just a river in egypt……

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

stay tune to another segment of !Liberal Moron Logic…..!

An Era of Hate on February 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I think I read somewhere that Obama’s popularity ratings are slipping. Expect more of it. LOL

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM

What governor doesn’t?

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

kiltedscotsman5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Dude. Again, calm down, man. These people are trolls; they feed off your rage. They enjoy making your blood pressure go through the roof. Responding with anger only makes it worse, but I can see where your coming from because I have done the same once before.

Achilles on February 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM

okaaaaaaaay, you know, denial ain’t just a river in egypt……

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

I’d love to talk to your parents, and ask them when they decided that laws against incest didn’t apply to *them*…

kiltedscotsman5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

That doesn’t say “Gov. Palin is against this stimulus bill” it says “She is for it and wants her share”

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM

The real complaint is that Palin is asking for TOO LITTLE money from the Feds, and the money that she is going to get are for infrastructure projects that were already planned. Check out “Palin, other state leaders at odds over stimulus funds
Lawmakers concerned governor is seeking too little federal money”

canditaylor68 on February 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

uh actually she is. She has stated she is against it many times. You even quoted her yourself on the front page stupid.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I’m against the stimulus bill, too. I didn’t write it, neither did Palin. I won’t be voting on it, neither will Palin. But if, for example, a highway here is refurbished with funds coming from this piece of crap, I won’t refuse to drive on it.

It’s not that economic stimulus packages are evil; it’s that this one is unfocused and bloated.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM

hey noneya you NEED to read that piece that candi just put up. It will show just how much Palin is really against this current bill.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

The governor has recommended five specific projects for the stimulus package, all of them in accordance with previous guidelines requiring that any individual spending requests must be in the national interest. Those projects are infrastructure upgrades to accommodate the natural gas pipeline, which will bring clean fuel to Lower 48 markets, and the Kodiak Launch Facility, which is important for the nation’s defense

An Era of Hate on February 1, 2009 at 12:19 AM

okaaaaaaaay, you know, denial ain’t just a river in egypt……

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Good burn./

What’s next? I’m rubber, you’re glue, what you say bounces off me and sticks to you?

Disturb the Universe on February 1, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Lawmakers concerned governor is seeking too little federal money”

canditaylor68 on February 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I missed the part where it says “Palin is asking for NO money because she is against the bill”, where is that at? otherwise I have no other choice but to believe she is for it because she is in D.C. asking for funds from it….

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Yeah. From that:

‘Palin has sought only five projects from the federal government, four designed to help support the natural gas pipeline, along with the Kodiak Launch Complex.

Palin issued her list on Jan. 12, saying it would not be a good idea to ask for more, and cautioned it was necessary to be “mindful about the effect of the stimulus package on the national debt.” ‘

I don’t see anything hypocritical here.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Disturb the Universe on February 1, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Well, since it is becoming more and more obvious that Noneya never made it past Second Grade, that would be about par for the course, wouldn’t you say?

kiltedscotsman5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM

I did, and it says no such thing.

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I will leave you with this headline:

getalife on February 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

denial ain’t just a river in egypt..

Noneya on Feb 1,2009 at 12:10PM.

Noneya: Your confused,that’s the river that runs under the
damaged bridge,in which Obama voted twice aginst the
funds to rebiuld it,

in New Orleans,that is!!

canopfor on February 1, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Apparently there are officials in Alaska who think she’s pretty much asking for nothing.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:24 AM

will leave you with this headline:

getalife on February 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Yes, the right hand sockpuppet has other things to stroke rub choke do, so he must leave the left hand sockpuppet here by himself…

kiltedscotsman5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:25 AM

getalife on February 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

NEW YORK — Most Republican governors have broken with their GOP colleagues in Congress and are pushing for passage of President Barack Obama’s economic aid plan that would send billions to states for education, public works and health care.

Their state treasuries drained by the financial crisis, governors would welcome the money from Capitol Hill, where GOP lawmakers are more skeptical of Obama’s spending priorities.

The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, planned to meet in Washington this weekend with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and other senators to press for her state’s share of the package.

oh yeah, she sounds like a real anti-stimulus bill advocate right there lol

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Ugg, please don’t tell me she’s actually supporting this Obomination.

Maxx on February 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM

hahah I love how asking for a tiny piece is lobbying for the bill. Especially when she has been VERY critical of the current plan. It is the huffpo though. Maybe ariana just needs to go back to screwing hollywood liberal actors.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Sorry… It’s irrelevant what Sarah thinks, supports, doesn’t like, or intends to try to get for her state so far as the “stimulus” goes. Remember… Obama won. The Democrats are going to feed us all this s**t burger, with 99% of their partisan pork intact… no matter.
Sarah is just a Governor of a backwoods state, the media said so. She has no training, experience or edumacation to worry her pretty lill head about such things.
This is a national event far beyond her pay grade. All of this falls on the big boys. Obie, Pelosi, Reid, Frank… gee I see a pattern… All A*holes in my book.
And I think Sarah should tell the press to take a long hike in the Alaskan wilderness. Were I her I would forever disrespect everyone of those that dissed her with the rumor mill news cycle. Especially the drooling Obamamedia types. Screw them all.
And if she turns out to be not “perfect”… I can live with that. After all, she’s not the One. She’s much better than that American Idol.

RalphyBoy on February 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM

oh yeah, she sounds like a real anti-stimulus bill advocate right there lol

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Yeah, well, we’ll see how it all shakes out.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:30 AM

oh yeah, she sounds like a real anti-stimulus bill advocate right there lol

Noneya on February 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Yeah, well, we’ll see how it all shakes out.

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Noneya sticks out her tongue now and says Na,na,na,na,na!

Disturb the Universe on February 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Maxx on February 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Read page one of this post for links I had to Palin.

See Candi’s link above at

canditaylor68 on February 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

A couple of trolls are either purposefully obtuse or just obtuse, take your pick.

INC on February 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Hey Noneya… This thread is just a notch above gossip… How about you go here…iran-to-obama… and post something really stupid.

RalphyBoy on February 1, 2009 at 12:36 AM

honestly who even knows if Palin is even thinking about asking for money from this bill. She said this bill will really effect national debt. Could easily be that she was just talking some of alaska’s issues over with GOP leaders on capitol hill. Remember also this wasnt the main reason she was even in DC. It was for the alfalfa dinner.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Unless I miss my bet and I was asleep during georgraphy, Governor Palin is from Alaska which is supposed to be in the north. I also think that you have got that Southern accent wrong.

Johan Klaus on February 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM

RalphyBoy on February 1, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Yeah, Noneya, what are your astute thoughts on Iran basically calling our dear leader a pussy after he stretched out that olive branch?

Disturb the Universe on February 1, 2009 at 12:41 AM

ddrintn on February 1, 2009 at 12:24 AM

That is because she is pretty much asking for nothing. She is asking for $150 million, which is the percentage they are allocated to get.

You will get a kick out of this. My city is asking for more than double the amount that Governor Palin is asking for. Double! My little city of 97,000 people is asking for $323 million!

Need you ask- yes, we are run by Democrats!

kcarpenter on February 1, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Noneya sticks out her tongue now and says Na,na,na,na,na!

Disturb the Universe on February 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM

That’s not quite accurate. The talking part, at least.

platypus on February 1, 2009 at 12:41 AM

The low-profile trip to Washington appears to be a continuation of efforts to gain credibility within the party for Palin, who openly acknowledged she’s more interested in getting face time with President Obama and powerful senators from both parties than talking to high-profile journalists.

I’d say that’s a good strategy. We already know who and what party journalists belong to.

Kini on February 1, 2009 at 12:42 AM

That’s not quite accurate. The talking part, at least.

platypus on February 1, 2009 at 12:41 AM

On this particular thread she has displayed the rhetorical skill of an over zealous hall monitor, so I believe my characterization to be pretty much on the mark.

Disturb the Universe on February 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM

INC on February 1, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Never a troll but always witchy on days that end in y-If you think I am a troll you are mistaken. Obtuse only if I made my point directly-I support Palin 100%. I know she is a fiscal conservative which is why I loaded up the link that says as much. The problem being is that shes taking flack from her own constituency for asking for too little and shes only asking for what was already earmarked/allotted to her state.

canditaylor68 on February 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Now that this big porkulus is going around Washington, trolls think Gov. Palin discussing her state getting federal money, which it always does and must do by necessity, means she is in support of the bill. Where in either article does it say Sarah Palin supports the stimulus bill?

chunderroad on February 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM

she has never once said she supports this bill

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:53 AM

excellent point KC. Just shows how little Sarah might be asking for.

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:54 AM

chunderroad on February 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Neither article says it, but both are trying to imply it.

It does not matter if she supports the stimulus, she is a governor. The decision is not hers.

In fact, the decision is not up to Republicans at all. They don’t control anything.

The entire reason these articles were written is to provide Obama with political cover by saying see “some Republicans do support the stimulus”.

Yeah, they are governors, duh!!!!

kcarpenter on February 1, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Where in either article does it say Sarah Palin supports the stimulus bill?

chunderroad on February 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM

she has never once said she supports this bill

ousoonerfan15 on February 1, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Exactly

canditaylor68 on February 1, 2009 at 12:55 AM

I love reading the comments on HotAir. This group is one of the best on the web. However, when you respond to trolls, they just keep coming back. Reading their crap makes me quit reading the entire thread. It would be nice to hear a real argument from a lefty, but these drooling schmucks aren’t it. They are just nitwits who are baiting you, and you are letting them succeed at it.

Buford Gooch on February 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

I’ve posted regarding this Palin “getting her fair share” at my pro-Palin blog.

I think she’s doing what any other governor from Alaska would do. It’s a different world up there. She needs to fund that pipeline. It’s vital for our nation’s security.

Would I say she was “lobbying”? That’s a bit tough to judge.

hockey2k5 on February 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM