Quotes of the day

posted at 10:15 pm on January 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

“There were days when she walked around the building with (her daughter) Piper, handing out bagels. I think those days are gone.”

“She has requested we do not schedule any interviews for her.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Yahoo News! Wet blanket or litter box liner?

chunderroad on January 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Are we driving traffic again, AP? We told you we’d pay. I’ll buy a subscription if you posted less Sarah Palin. Overexposure is not necessarily a good thing.

genso on January 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

She is lobbying for the stimuls plan in Washington.

“The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, scheduled meetings in Washington this weekend with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and other senators to press for her state’s share of the package”.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Rush, Sarah, Steele…all of them need to be in BO’s face every day and remind him that despite what the media keeps spitting out about this having been an “overwhelming call for change”, 46 % of Americans DID NOT vote for Obama.

CapitalistPig on January 31, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Geez I wish she were the Gov. of Ca.

Speakup on January 31, 2009 at 10:26 PM

LOL he can’t help himself :P

Dritanian on January 31, 2009 at 10:26 PM

There’s no such thing as too much ‘Cuda.

ivybelle1 on January 31, 2009 at 10:27 PM

At this point, I think that anyone would be better for California than the Governator (and I voted for him twice).

eaglescout1998 on January 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Both of those articles were obvious attemptst to paint Palin as opportunistic or that her constituents are upset… Geez I know better thatn to read Yahoo or CNN but won’t do that again. Allah how about fair warning so we don’t click and drive up their traffic?

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Shed’s short a Senator, so what’s the country’s largest national park to do? Washington is apparently handing out money, and her state needs it — not to mention the pipeline.

chunderroad on January 31, 2009 at 10:29 PM

She not shed.

chunderroad on January 31, 2009 at 10:29 PM

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

And the media can’t help themselves can they?

Dritanian on January 31, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I saw on Fox’s site that Republican governors want the bail out. Really? I’m emailing mine tomorrow. Just stupid.

Cindy Munford on January 31, 2009 at 10:31 PM

getalife,

You already pulled that in another thread. FOX had a few more details.

A dinner Friday night at the home of financier Fred Malek also will give her a chance to lobby congressional leaders, like Sens. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., about Alaska issues regarding the federal stimulus package, she said.

The package calls for quick starts on construction projects, but Palin said Alaska will likely require an exemption to the strict timelines proposed because of the climate and shorter construction season.

It does sound as if the Alaska work is part of the part of the bill that would actually create some jobs and improve infrastructure (I’ve read infrastructure is only 2.7% of the “stimulus”).

I’ll wait to freak until I hear more.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Sarah is for the stimulus? Hope not. I think the world of her. But the stimulus is not right. Or did I read that post wrong?

sheebe on January 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I can see what the headline will be if that volcano near Anchorage erupts:

“Governor Palin At Elite DC Gathering As Volcano Ravages Alaska”

Mark1971 on January 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I live in CA and though we are going broke, next elections the voters here will put in the same 90% of democrats who alays run….this state plays musical chairs with the same inept bunch of politicians… they go from city council, to assembly, to senate, to attorney genreal , to controller same bunch of corrupt and imbecilic pols. Republicans can’t get elected even if the state’s life depends on it (which it does).

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM

eaglescout1998 on January 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM

The Ca. Moonbeam AG wouldn’t be.

Speakup on January 31, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Still my gal….and the anti-Bilderberger.

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on January 31, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Well I think that both groups having a whinge in those articles (Alaska state legislators and the Media) about Governor Palin not wasting her time being nice to them have only themselves to blame because of the way they treated her during the Presidential campaign last year. I mean I sure as hell wouldn’t be handing out bagels and interviews to a bunch of people who tried to politically tar and feather me only a few months beforehand either.

Dreadnought223 on January 31, 2009 at 10:36 PM

….using her interviews to criticize what she perceived as unequal and unfair coverage over the course of the presidential campaign.

They’re still denying it….

Wine_N_Dine on January 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

INC on January 31, 2009 at 10:32 PM

It was discussed in the President’s meeting with the Governors.

Creating jobs is his main agenda and the right are wrong on voting no.

It will pass like I said when it was proposed.

Perhaps the right will get on board.

Sarah has.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

In a city that is ground-zero for national political journalists, Palin has not scheduled a single media interview or indicated she will hold a press conference. She also brushed past reporters without making any comments Saturday as she entered the Alfalfa Club Dinner.

Good for her! Why reward any left-wing “journalist” with an interview? I noticed the AP article AllahPundit links to is just another hit job on her, complete with “advice” from left-wing UVA prof Larry Sabato. Murkowski just voted for funding of abortion abroad, and Sabato actually states the following:

Some pundits say Palin should go after U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski’s seat in 2010, but Sabato doubts Palin would win that contest.

Hello?! Palin would easily win the Republican primary for Murkowski’s seat.

Gabe on January 31, 2009 at 10:39 PM

She’s a busy woman and she could probably stand a break from the media. Plus, notice that even when she’s not talking to the media, they’re still talking about her. BTW, isn’t she speaking at CPAC in Feb?

CP on January 31, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Also, judging by the disastrous two weeks of the Obama administration so far and what it portends for the next four years, it looks like Palin will easily beat Obama in 2012 if she should get the nomination. We can expect the MSM to continue to act deranged about her.

Gabe on January 31, 2009 at 10:43 PM

This is why there won’t be a female President in at least 20 years. Does the media EVER cover the alleged laziness of male politicians?

Speedwagon82 on January 31, 2009 at 10:43 PM

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:21 PM

the GOP 2012 front-runner supports the stimulus! haha i love it! no wonder she’s suddenly silent!

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Watch for how MSNBC and the other MSM phrase things . She is not there to get her fair share, she is there to push for Alaska’s ability to use it’s natural resources which the whole domocratic paty is tryin to block. She is already on record as saying she will turn down anything in the stimulus that isn’t for infrastructure and she has also said anythig they would have to pay for beyond what the stimulus appropriates…

We’re going to have a civil war in this Country… mark my words

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I’ll see you guys when Allahpundit is out of work. He thinks these threads drive traffic, but really they just drive them away.

jimmy the notable on January 31, 2009 at 10:45 PM

We’re going to have a civil war in this Country… mark my words

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Ok , we need to wait until the facts can get around the MSM rape.

the_nile on January 31, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Like she wants to answer this question:

Governor, your party is against the stimulus bill but are you lobbying for it?

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:47 PM

jimmy the notable on January 31, 2009 at 10:45 PM

can’t accept the fact that Saint Sarah is on Obama’s side and not yours on the stimulus?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Speedwagon82 on January 31, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Only if they are Republican and a serious threat to the Democrats. They always claimed President Bush was lazy.

Gabe on January 31, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Where is the outrage?

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Noneya, I prayed for you last night…

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Creating jobs is [Obama's] main agenda and the right are wrong on voting no.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

You can’t really be stupid enough to believe that, can you???

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I can see what the headline will be if that volcano near Anchorage erupts:

“Governor Palin At Elite DC Gathering As Volcano Ravages Alaska”

Mark1971 on January 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM

+7%…………

Maybe she is actually being an Executive Head of State……

….. organizing the National Guard, relief efforts, evacuations, you know………. being an adult and not playing politics in the face of a huge natural disaster.

When this one blows……….. will the MSM blame Mr. Obama for not doing enough, or Gov. Sarah Palin for doing too little without telling the American people the truth again?

Seven Percent Solution on January 31, 2009 at 10:51 PM

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:49 PM

don’t you know? she’s hot so she gets a pass!

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Where is the outrage?

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Where it always is when Lefties take details out of context and try to use them to mold the opinions of conservatives regarding the people we admire: safely stowed away, for when it is actually warranted.

It’s actually rather amusing, how clever you two seem to believe you are.

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Noneya, I prayed for you last night…

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 10:50 PM

to go to heaven or hell?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Hope she evacuated around that volcano before she went lobbying in Washington for the stimulus bill.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:54 PM

It’s actually rather amusing, how clever you two seem to believe you are.

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 10:52 PM

well we can clear this all up if she’d be open to taking one question:

Do you support the stimulus bill?

But she’s off-limits. hmmmmm….

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:55 PM

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Thanks for saving me a reply.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 10:55 PM

N: I want what God wants; for all to prosper and none to perish.

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 10:57 PM

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 10:54 PM

i’m sure she did, she has extensive experience using the Alaskan National Guard remember?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Without reading the article first!

Where is SarahCuda,

Well,she’s been busy,sighting in her rifles,out tracking
for pesky,arrogant,and condesending Journalist’s,baking
cookies on a open fire,under the stars of the great State
of Alaska,

why,

who wants to know,Perky Katie Couric,
or Charles’Soundbite Hitman’Gibson!

canopfor on January 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

The obligatory “Hot Air’s revenue stream goes up in smoke” post; Update: PJM speaks
posted at 1:18 pm on January 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

Update: You’ll know we’re in dire straits financially when you notice that every last post is comment bait about Palin and atheism, instead of every other post the way it is now.

Thanks for sharing explicitly what we already knew. And now don’t you wish the Drive By Media would do the same? Wasn’t it a CNN interviewer of Palin who misquoted a conservative journalist while interviewing her? He basically said, even your conservatives think your an ignorant, dangerous fool: what do you say to that? Oh of course there was a later obligatory apology, but, of course, the damage was done.

Christian Conservative on January 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

who wants to know,Perky Katie Couric,
or Charles’Soundbite Hitman’Gibson!

canopfor on January 31, 2009 at 10:59 PM

As opposed to Greta the water carrier?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Liked Palin, then didn’t like her, then liked her again. Now, I’m just meh about her. I think the stimulus is a piece of s**t, so I think Palin is very wrong. Obviously, since she’s a governor, I can understand why she wants the money, but only 1/3 (if not less) of the stimulus will go to roads, bridges, etc. The GOP needs a leader who does not discriminate against social cons but has a great concern for fiscal conservatism.

Achilles on January 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Hey, Trolls!

Quit hogging the bandwidth. Go find your own crappy forum.

Tennman on January 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

i’m sure she did

Noneya on Jan 31,2009 at 10:58PM.

Noneya:Maybe,when Obama has some time off from attacking
Rush,

the ‘ONE’,could use a’tire gauge’as a magic wand,

and Hope and Change the Volcano!

He does know where Alaska is,right?

canopfor on January 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

There is one issue I’d like Sarah to clear up and that is it seems like she’s slightly less anti amnesty than New York’s newest Senator.

Speakup on January 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

well we can clear this all up if she’d be open to taking one question:

Do you support the stimulus bill?

But she’s off-limits. hmmmmm….

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Desperate to get any Republican to hang this dog on, huh? Won’t work. This is a Democratic tar baby.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

After reading the articles I don’t believe it. They are Liberal articles. They just want to try and ruin her. Sorry all, I love her, but the stimulus is wrong. They are putting their own take on this. Go Sarah Go!

sheebe on January 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

He does know where Alaska is,right?

canopfor on January 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Sure, it’s one of the 57 states!

Christian Conservative on January 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM

My theory is that by now most know that the MSM is liberal and did everything in its power to paint O as the One and Palin as an idiot. I don’t view CBS, NBC, MDNBC, CNN, ABC because I know they are biased against my values…So this attemted smear of Palin is for those who are liberal…

This stimulus package is going to be a huge embarassment for O. Even though the liberals on this site will ignore this and stick to their talking points…Sarah had been all over the news recently for getting the AK dems all mad cuz she told them she wasn’t intereste in stimulus money but the MSM still tries to make it look like she is in Dc trying to get some…

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM

sheebe on January 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Yeah, we know MSNBC is a highly respected, disinterested news source, don’t we? LOL Ill wait to see how it shakes out before passing judgement. I don’t know if she’s for it or not. I do know Obama, Reid and Pelosi are.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM

sheebe on January 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Sell-Out Crist from Florida is for it. Just sent an email to let him know he is right on the “stimulust” as he was backing John McCain in the primary. And the same thing is going to happen to him in the next election.
Never forget folks.

JeffinOrlando on January 31, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I don’t view CBS, NBC, MDNBC, CNN, ABC …

I don’t either. Nor do I watch Fox. I’m probably better-informed than I was when I DID watch the networks.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:09 PM

jimmy the notable on January 31, 2009 at 10:45 PM

wise_man on January 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Seven Percent Solution on January 31, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Why would they blame Obama. They Media still haven’t even noticed that Kentucky has declared a state of emergency because of that massive Ice storm that froze it solid and that Obama is yet to do anything about it three days after the fact. I mean the guy is sitting all nice and toasty in his nice hot house oval office writing criticisms of Bush’s response to Katrina on the White House web site while the People of Kentucky freeze to death.

Dreadnought223 on January 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Ok, I’ve been digging around.

Here’s something from the Alaska Governor’s Office from January 12th.

Governor Notes Limits on Stimulus Package

“We also have to be mindful about the effect of the stimulus package on the national debt and the future economic health of the country. We won’t achieve long-term stability if we continue borrowing massive sums from foreign countries and remain dependent on foreign sources of oil and gas.”

The governor has recommended five specific projects for the stimulus package, all of them in accordance with previous guidelines requiring that any individual spending requests must be in the national interest. Those projects are infrastructure upgrades to accommodate the natural gas pipeline, which will bring clean fuel to Lower 48 markets, and the Kodiak Launch Facility, which is important for the nation’s defense.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Actually, it’s a pretty transparent attempt to find some Republican to share in the responsibility, just in case the Reps in the Senate come through. The Democrats do NOT want to be responsible for this POS alone.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:11 PM

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I hope you’re right. There’s no doubt the MSM is extremely liberal, but the last time I shrugged off some of the criticisms of Palin and McCain as petty smears, I realized I had been spending two months in denial. We will see how this all plays out, though; Palin may be innocent, after all. But we will see.

Achilles on January 31, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Sure its one of the 57 States!

Christian Conservative on Jan 31,2009 at 11:09PM.

Christian Conservative: That one,never gets old,
and for Obama,Hopey/Changey,
that remark,will last,like
Pearl,

Infamy!haha:)

canopfor on January 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Dreadnought223 on January 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Keeping his thermostat a ridiculous energy wasting 72 degrees while lecturing us on the environment. What a hypocrite.

Gabe on January 31, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Here’s the letter Sarah Palin sent to the Alaskan congressional delegation:

This is from pages 2 and 3. Please note the last two paragraphs:

In addition to the four gas pipeline-related projects described earlier, I want to mention one other project of national significance for your consideration. The Kodiak Launch Facility conducts activities that contribute greatly to our national defense and knowledge of missile ballistics.

It is my understanding that you have received funding requests from local governments, non-profits, and other entities throughout Alaska. In large part, these requests reflect local concerns. It is not appropriate for the state to comment on each project that has come to our attention. Instead, we would prefer to focus on the rationale for our own recommendations to you.

Although it is beyond my purview as Governor, I also urge you to consider how the economic stimulus package will affect the national debt and the future economic health of the country. The need for economic stimulus should not become an excuse for the continuation of the unsound policies of the past. The nation’s economy will never achieve long-term stability if we continue borrowing hundreds of billions of dol1ars from foreign countries, all the while Simultaneously sending huge amounts of money overseas to OPEC countries for oil that could be produced domestically. In this regard, I am astounded by amounts of a trillion dollars and more that are currently being discussed in some quarters.

I believe our nation is truly at an economic crossroads. Properly constructed, the economic stimulus package will greatly assist in sending our country down the right road. Without question, you will be called upon to make very difficult decisions on behalf of Alaska and the nation, and I want to assure you of the cooperation of my administration in achieving the best possible result. oward this end, I have asked my Washington, D.C. office to follow up with your respective staffs on our recommendations.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Anyone else notice that our two little trolls seem to have vanished, after stirring up a nice little boil here?

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Dreadnought223 on January 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM

…….. you noticed that too?

Time to get the word out…..

Seven Percent Solution on January 31, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Achilles on January 31, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Denial? How so? Holding up political figures as superhuman saviors is something best left to the moonbats. I’ve never thought Palin is perfect, nor does she perfectly reflect my views. But among those out there right now, she comes closest. That’s good enough at the moment.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:17 PM

ummm…. didn’t she just spend a few months away from her job running as VP on a Presidential campaign? Shouldn’t the residents of Alaska be grateful she’s too busy to be handing out bagels and instead focusing on the issues that affect their lives?

No of course not. Bad Sarah…. /s in case it’ needed, but I don’t see how.

Hog Wild on January 31, 2009 at 11:18 PM

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Pffft. Maybe sockpuppetry. Let him/her/them have some fun. Harmless. ;)

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Maybe sockpuppetry. Let him/her/them have some fun. Harmless. ;)

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Question is, who’s the one with her/her hand up the sock’s wazoo?

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM

genso on January 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Ha! Didn’t Peggy Noon just speak of “saturation” in reference to another pol?

Tzetzes on January 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM

As much as I don’t care for Palin’s politics, I don’t see much here. You don’t have to be Carnac to know the stimulus package is going to pass, it would be political suicide in Alaska to ignore using it just for political gain. You don’t have to be for the stimulus package to use the resource it provides. Nothing wrong with Republican Governors taking advantage of it and putting it’s funds into projects that may be advantageous to their state’s economy and welfare. If they don’t, it will just get used somewhere else for the Dems pet projects.

lowandslow on January 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Yeah, I did. They come and go. Ignoring them is usually best, but I do snipe at them from time to time. A majority of them are incompetent and have absolutely nothing to do but come here and irritate people, but once in a while, one or two well-educated ones will show up and REALLY piss people off. These two are relatively harmless.

Achilles on January 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

INC on January 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM

What do you do if you are a conservative governor, knowing Obama is going to spend all this money anyway? Do you stay true to your principles or do you attempt to get your state’s share of the funds for worthwhile projects? After all, wouldn’t Sarah make better use of the money than some liberal governor?

Disturb the Universe on January 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

“Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a former member of the House, said he would accept the stimulus money but would have voted against the bill if he were still in Congress. Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, said he wasn’t sure whether he would accept the approximately $3 billion his state would be in line for.

“Yes, we need some help and we appreciate the help,” Barbour said in an interview. “But I don’t know about the details and the strings attached to tell you if I’ll take all of it or not.”

Tough spot for these potential candidates. Their States or their base.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Let me get this freaggin straight,

bleeding heart,dogooder,concerned,
compassionate Liberal,is stalking
Governor Sarah Palin’s Governors
Mansion!

And is worried,that their is not
enough lights on!

Or where SarahCuda is!

So now,the Liberal Party’s agenda is to
stalk and moniter what the right is doing!

canopfor on January 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

I bet,Alaska is crawling with Liberal Operative goons!

canopfor on January 31, 2009 at 11:22 PM

I finally have found what I think is the right tone to defend Sarah to my Demo friends and acquaintences so that they will allow me to give them the facts. I email a lot and I try to stay on top of things because, even though I don’t know why Sarah Palin would even want to run in 2012 and endure what the hatefilled Left will say about her and all her family including Baby Trig, We have to fight back We know what is coming so we need to prepare and never allow a smear to go unanswered again!

CCRWM on January 31, 2009 at 11:25 PM

INC on January 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM

yup, she supports it!

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:26 PM

The Ca. Moonbeam AG wouldn’t be.

I’ve got to get out more. I thought Bustamante was still the AG.

I would personally like to see Devin Nunes (of the 21st district) become our next governor. But I think it’s all but assured that it will be Dianne Feinstein.

eaglescout1998 on January 31, 2009 at 11:26 PM

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I never idolized Palin at all, but I was definitely in denial about the election. All of election day, I was here, on HA, and actually believed that McCain/Palin was going to win. A few weeks prior to the election I was just like everyone else and was certain Obama would win, but the people here made me change…they kind of got my hopes up. And so, here, every time a new poll came out saying Obama was ahead or Palin was viewed less favorably, I laughed it off as mere liberal B.S., but unfortunately, as we all learned, most of the polls were very true.

I don’t know. I’ll let y’all find out whether Palin is innocent or not. Until then, it is not my concern. I stand by my principles, but it is harder for me to stand by politicians.

Achilles on January 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Noneya, good job of pulling a Maureen Dowd on her words.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:26 PM

It will be impossible to run for President if their States go broke like California.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Disturb the Universe on January 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

I hope you and others will actually read the release from her office and her letter to get the context and the overall impression of what she is saying.

Did you notice these sections:

From the letter:

That’s a far cry from spending money on ACORN or STD prevention or new cars for the government.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM

yup, she supports it!

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:26 PM

You really are a dim bumb, aren’t you?

Implicit in her words is the opinion that the stimulus bill, as presently devised, is anything BUT “properly constructed,” you nit.

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM

INC you are right. Keep doing your great work. She has the dems in alaska all upset because she isnt going to accept NEARLY enough money for their liking. She is only going to try and get money for things that benefit alaska right away. She said she wont ask for any other funds.

ousoonerfan15 on January 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Bleh, “dim bulb,” not “dim bumb”… the hour groweth late and the fingers groweth sleepy…

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Tough spot for these potential candidates. Their States or their base.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM

LOL…if you can’t hang it on Republicans in Congress, governors will do.

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:31 PM

I find it amusing when trolls try to tag team — they are always so impressed with themselves.

Maybe The Cuda is looking at this like Rush is looking at it: It sucks and it is going to pass regardless so there’s no point in trying to stop it. It’s a speeding freight train hurtling down the tracks at 70 mph. Best to just step out of the way and let it wreck without any assistance from Republicans. And not to put too fine a point on it for the deliberately obtuse and/or stupid among us, but there is a distinction between SUPPORTING the pork package and making sure you get your fair share of it when it inevitably is made law.

Gov. Palin has no more control over the outcome of the vote than Rush does. She has spoken critically of the pork bill, most recently in her State of the State address where she warned of the danger of mortgaging our children’s futures. And elsewhere it was reported that she had cautioned her congressional delegation not to ask for any more from the pork package than what the state absolutely needs to make up its own infrastructure funding shortfalls. But if the thing is a done deal anyway, what is she supposed to do? Turn down her state’s share of the pie on mere principle? If she did that, she certainly wouldn’t be serving the interests of her state very well, would she? I think the governor is just living up to her nickname: She’s being a fierce and unyielding advocate for Alaska. Sounds like the kind of personality I’d like to see in the White House, not some mealy-mouthed pseudo-celebrity who is willing to sell out on national security in order to be liked by people outside his own borders.

NoLeftTurn on January 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

yup, she supports it!

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:26 PM

If, say, my crazy aunt started handing out money (money I already gave her, let’s say)to bums and leeches, I might do my best to get some of that money. Maybe I would use it to fix her broken screen door or put a new roof on her house.

Does this mean I support her handing out money?

Disturb the Universe on January 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Thanks for the second time.

ousoonerfan15 on January 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Thank you. I was beginning to feel I was beating my head against the wall.

If all the governors and all of congress had her attitude government spending would go down and things would quickly look up.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Maybe she’ll stop by to offer moral support to Kentucky in the aftermath of the ice storm, since it seems that the Obama Administration and FEMA aren’t paying any attention ….

bkr2c on January 31, 2009 at 11:33 PM

INC on January 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I know. I think you misinterpreted my tone. See my analogy for the troll at 11:32 PM

Disturb the Universe on January 31, 2009 at 11:34 PM

You really are a dim bumb, aren’t you?

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Close enough. They’re desperate for someone else to claim the POS bill. LOL

ddrintn on January 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

kiltedscotsman5 on January 31, 2009 at 11:29 PM

implicit? to whom? so she’s not in D.C. begging for her share?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Disturb the Universe on January 31, 2009 at 11:34 PM

OK, got it. Thanks. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Does this mean I support her handing out money?

Disturb the Universe on January 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM

wow, you guys really do hold her to a low standard, don’t you?

Noneya on January 31, 2009 at 11:37 PM