Obama: We cannot let politics get in the way of passing this crap sandwich

posted at 3:04 pm on January 31, 2009 by Allahpundit

Dissent is — well, not unpatriotic, exactly, just staggeringly irresponsible. Reminds me of Trent Lott trying to rally the pro-amnesty troops two years ago by arguing that it would be downright cowardly not to cram that turd of a bill down America’s throat. Comedy gold, in case you’ve never seen the clip.

Note that The One makes a point here of repeating his attack on Wall Street bonuses as “shameful.” That’s no accident — see my post on McCaskill’s new bill from last night for an explanation — just as it’s no accident that Treasury’s going to weigh in on the subject next week. The porkier and less popular the stimulus gets, the more the Democrats have to atone with populist gestures. As for the upcoming Senate vote, I’m guessing there’s no chance of a GOP filibuster — not only because Judd Gregg’s about to get vacuumed up into the cabinet, taking the GOP’s filibuster power with him, but because the party would be taking a huge political risk in blocking the trillion dollars that are going to Save The Universe. America wanted Democratic rule and now they’ve got what they bargained for. Let them have it. Mission accomplished, says Christopher Caldwell:

The stimulus will be expensive, more expensive than the Iraq and Afghanistan wars combined and Nancy Pelosi, Senate majority leader, has called it a mere “down payment”. The stimulus bill, whether it succeeds or fails, could be the Democrats’ Iraq. Like Iraq, it is a long-standing partisan project that is being marketed as an ad hoc response to a national emergency. It reflects the pre-existing wishes of the party’s most powerful interest groups more than the pre-existing wishes of the country. Democrats are now liable to be judged by the standard they created when they abandoned the Bush administration over the Iraq war: you break it, you own it.

Update: Bipartisanship’s overrated anyway, says the man of Steele.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Hey find a photo from before the inauguration I think we can see him aging right in front of our eyes compare to the still photo above.

Dr Evil on January 31, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I really think there is something wrong with his thought pattern.

mindhacker on January 31, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Then fix that darn crap sandwich PBO. Don’t try to shove it down our throats with a drink called “Fear”.

Sweetness0726 on January 31, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Dr. Evil +1

He looks 67 now… check out picture on Drudge right now…

phreshone on January 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Please, Mr. President, please keep talking the economy down. You really no how to lower expectations.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Let them own it.

the_nile on January 31, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Wow Obama looks awful and he hasn’t even been in office for a month.

What on earth is Gregg thinking, doesn’t he realize he’s just a patsy to gain Senate control for the Dems?

commodore on January 31, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Smoke screen.
Obama doesn’t need any Republican support.Just two or three RINO’s
He just doesn’t want to have this stinker tied around his neck like a burning tire all by himself.
Let him own it.
Republicans shouldn’t waste time worrying about not voting for this as we are almost two years away from the next election.
The voting public can barely remember last week let alone something that happened two years ago.

NeoKong on January 31, 2009 at 3:14 PM

re flippinz diculous

Drunk Report on January 31, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Obama: We cannot let politics get in the way of passing this crap sandwich

True, but he was more than willing to let politics get in the way of President Bush’s policies when He was a member of the United States Senate.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-……..

So, what is He really saying here? “Hey Republicans…..uhhhh, ummmmm, uhhhh, f*ck off and die.”

No one bill, no matter how comprehensive, can cure what ails our economy.

Translation: Are you ready for Crap Sandwiches Buffet Trough?!!!

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Perhaps when your job is gone, you will get on board.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM

He is just trying to get reelected in 4 years. Didn’t he use to tell us to be positive or some crap like that. Now he’s just depressing. As much as Bush screwed with the bailout crap at least he tried to be positive. Now it’s more like doom and gloom. Nobody has any clue’s as to what the future will be. It doesn’t help that the leader of our Nation is doom and glooming us. I am upset at the economy and wonder just what is going to happen to my family. He thinks all this talking down is going to make it better. I think he is doing this on purpose though cause in 4 years he is going to say. I was dealing with this from the beginning of my 1st term and I am the only one who can get us out of this mess. Just like the tax cheat he hired on.

The Country will be screwed if the people can’t find someone who is looking out for them instead of their buddies.

Brat4life on January 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Dr. Evil +1

He looks 67 now… check out picture on Drudge right now…

phreshone on January 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I’m sensing…Newports.

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Obama doesn’t need any Republican support.Just two or three RINO’s
Let him own it.

And let’s name the RINOs so Chairman Steele can find better candidates to represent the party.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:19 PM

We simply can’t afford Osama Obama.

MrScribbler on January 31, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Northern California/Illinois political rule going national- good luck America.
Buy Gold.

jjshaka on January 31, 2009 at 3:19 PM

“We simply cannot afford the same old gridlock and partisan posturing…”

Let me be the first to say:

Yes, we can!

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Dear Bama,
I don’t see any way “we” can afford to let this partisanly crafted Mother of All Failures pass.

You need to pass it to ensure you have a job later. I need to see it die so I can choose my own doctor and keep more of my change.

Eat me, you lying sack of night soil.

Fondly,
Harry

Harry Schell on January 31, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I’m sensing…Newports.

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I’ve wondered if part of the reason we’ve never had medical records is that smokes have wreaked some havoc somewhere.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Let them own it…….Just.Say.No.

t on January 31, 2009 at 3:20 PM

The longer we wait the more crap is exposed. What’s the hurry Mr. President?

Wade on January 31, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Perhaps when your job is gone, you will get on board.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM

On board with taking money from my nieces and nephews and other peoples’ offspring for crap that will manifestly not create jobs? That’s a train I will never ride.

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I’m sensing…Newports.

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:18 PM

baldi,

Maybe it’s something else.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:21 PM

And the “get on board” metaphors are quite interesting.

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Wow Obama looks awful and he hasn’t even been in office for a month.

commodore on January 31, 2009 at 3:12 PM

He’s probably upped the cancer sticks.

misslizzi on January 31, 2009 at 3:22 PM

There has to be some blue dog dems that will come to our aid. There just has to be. We cannot accept defeat on this. Simply cannot!

Obama wants the government to be the only ones to misuse are tax money….how arrogant does the think he is?

funsutton on January 31, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Perhaps when your job is gone, you will get on board.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Get on board what , titanic?

If they believed in it , they would run away with i alone.

the_nile on January 31, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Control of the Presidency. Majorities in the House and Senate. Very little possibility of politics literally “getting in the way.” Methinks he’s complaining about something else… like a very clear public perception of whom to blame when this thing goes pear-shaped.

DrSteve on January 31, 2009 at 3:23 PM

With that opening sequence, anyone else get the feeling that they were watching Aló Presidente?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Remember that time is on our side.

The longer we can get this dragged out by dogging Congress, the more people will realize what’s in this and support will slip some more.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Bi-partisanship is overrated. Partisanship is just another word for standing up for what you believe in, i’d rather people do that (dem or repub) than weasel around never really showing where they stand on things and claiming bipartisansip.

clearbluesky on January 31, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Heh. Maybe, but I can tell when he’s smoking…whatever his carcinogen of choice may be.

I would guess that or Executive, Legislative and Judicial Overlords don’t have to submit to random urinalysis like GIs do. Too bad.

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:25 PM

If you can’t win one way win another. If Gregg takes a cabinet position the GOP is screwed regardless. Regardless of that, if the senate doesn’t take about 600B in total crap out of that bill I hope no republican votes for it. If the dems are going to get their 30 year wish list lets not provide them any cover.

duff65 on January 31, 2009 at 3:25 PM

or=our

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I think he knew the gop will vote no on everything he campaigned on and is doing.

With all the problems and the gop voting no, there is no possibilty for the gop to win elections.

You probably need to start a new party.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I swear he’s gotten grayer in just the two weeks since he’s taken office.

MadisonConservative on January 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM

What does bipartisan mean to this clod? Do as I say, and keep quiet? Because I thought it meant, working together, in an exchange of ideas. Not making threats to take out what little is in there, by way of tax cuts, if we don’t get what we want. That’s called a temper tantrum, with a threat.

Now explain to me, how skyrocketing the budget, is going to help the little guy? From my experience, paying more taxes hurts, not helps.

capejasmine on January 31, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I swear he’s gotten grayer in just the two weeks since he’s taken office.

MadisonConservative on January 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM

He probably hasn’t had time to get to the salon for a dye job. :D LOL

capejasmine on January 31, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Lindsey Graham for one.

NeoKong on January 31, 2009 at 3:28 PM

You probably need to start a new party.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM

If the nude deal succeed , the dems win . But when it fails..

the_nile on January 31, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Nancy Pelosi, Senate majority leader

People keep wanting to put her into the senate and she shouldn’t even be in congress.

llano on January 31, 2009 at 3:29 PM

ROFL!!!

So this is why he shows up 2 hours later to start work, than Bush did. LOL

Is that REALLY dust on his desk?

capejasmine on January 31, 2009 at 3:30 PM

The Obama-Pelosi Pork Project is the last thing we need. Why is there no real stimuli like tax cuts, environmental deregulation and tort reform? How’s about we try something that actually, you know, works?
And if The Vapid One Himself says this might not work, why pass it at all?

BackwardsBoy on January 31, 2009 at 3:31 PM

This from him who handeth down the pronouncement that he hath won and doth expect all dissenters to cease hearkening to Rush Limbaugh.

What an ass.

Ryan Gandy on January 31, 2009 at 3:32 PM

the_nile on January 31, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Of course he said it will take years.

You will be cheering on the country to fail like rush.

Sad.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:32 PM

phreshone on January 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM
baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Is he still bragging about how he Won! LOL

Dr Evil on January 31, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Mr. President, frack you, you are not MY president.

As much as I didn’t care for President Bushes’ stance on immigration and a few other issues he kept us safe for 7 years and has more class and grace then your whole family.

Dissent is patriotic remember? Get bent.

gdonovan on January 31, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Perhaps when your job is gone, you will get on board.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM

No. Never.

I grew up in Michigan. I know what it’s like to have a dad that worked in the auto industry. When “the economy declined the most in over a quarter century”, my dad was working for General Motors. He and my mother were divorced back then. I know what it is like to have a parent on unemployment. From that young age, I vowed to never be in a position where I would have to ask the government for support.

Do you know what that is called? Freedom.

I made sure that when I was growing up I worked hard and learned many different skills. Other than a few loans, I mainly financed my own education. I have made my own destiny. No person can tell me what to do.

If I lost my job tomorrow, I would hit the bricks and take any crappy job(s) I could so that I was the provider for my family.

Do you know what that is called? Pride. Determination. Motivation.

So you can understand why I will not be taking a healthy bite of this or any other Crap Sandwich.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:34 PM

“Nancy Pelosi, Senate majority leader”?

Midas on January 31, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Translation:

“I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.”

WisCon on January 31, 2009 at 3:34 PM

delay, delay, delay, an no the GOP would be smart to vote against this.

rob verdi on January 31, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I’m sensing…Newports.

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:18 PM

He’ll be forced to quit pretty soon anyway, when Pelosi’s fed tax increases on tobacco go into effect. Sadly, his wife’s old position has been eliminated so no financial help there,..perhaps Ayers could co-author another book for him to support his needs? It is a shame lobbyists have been entirely shut out of his new administration. I’m sure a tobacco lobbyist could sneak some in, if he only had access.

a capella on January 31, 2009 at 3:35 PM

You will be cheering on the country to fail like rush.

Sad.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Play with semantics.
Obama isn’t the country , As Bush isn’t the country.
When Carter failed Reagan and thereby America won.

Rush said “I want him to fail” , not that America would fail.

the_nile on January 31, 2009 at 3:35 PM

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Probably not. Case in point…..JFK.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I really think there is something wrong with his thought pattern.

mindhacker on January 31, 2009 at 3:08 PM

He’s thinking in the abstract so we’ll need a translation from Limeygeek. We colonials can’t possibly understand the depth of his intellect. Us being linear thinkers and all.

Oldnuke on January 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM

“Who you calling, ‘we’, Kemosabe?”

Wethal on January 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM

“We cannot let politics get in the way of passing this crap sandwich.”

YES WE CAN!

fiscallyconservative on January 31, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Dude. I see that picture of him as President …

… and I keep thinking Allen Funt will pop out and tell me on Candid Camera and its all a silly joke.

That goofball is President? For real?

Professor Blather on January 31, 2009 at 3:37 PM

a capella on January 31, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I’m sure Geithner and Daschle and Caroline can show Teh One how to get around those “pesky” tax thingys.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Damn, he looks like Anthony Bourdain after 3 hours in a tanning booth!

Vote NO. Let the Demographic Party own this sheiss-burger.

J.J. Sefton on January 31, 2009 at 3:38 PM

For those of you you haven’t heard the classic joke:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto, his faithful Indian companion, were out riding through a valley, and The Lone Ranger looked up, “Tonto, I think we’re surrounded by Indians.”

Tonto replied,

“Who you calling ‘we,’ Kemosabe?”

Wethal on January 31, 2009 at 3:39 PM

IMO, the lack of executive ability and experience is going to show.

I don’t think Obama has ever had to guide a major piece of legislation through government. Not in Illinois and not in D.C.

Emil Jones was holding his hand in Illinois. Obama didn’t do anything that I know of as a Senator except run for President.

He doesn’t know anything about getting people together to pool ideas or reaching a consensus. As far as I know, he’s only used to a strongarming mentality.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Hey Obama, FU and the horse you road in on! You own this POS phony scam of a so called Stimulus Bill.

The entire country will soon see this bill for the raping of the people that it is!

Keemo on January 31, 2009 at 3:39 PM

The dems know that this bill is a piece of crap. That is why they are all talking down down the economy. It will recover by itself if left alone. Most of the problems are restricted to the east and left coast. Fly over country (which is most of the USA) is hurting some but not that bad. However, it probably will be if they keep trying to fix it.

duff65 on January 31, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Why does it seem like he’s been President a lot longer than he really has? I guess he starts to just really grow old on you. Every time he talks things are bad and his hand is out.

JellyToast on January 31, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Yes, we can!

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:19 PM

+1 Throw it back in his face!

Si se puede.

Oldnuke on January 31, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Of course he said it will take years.

You will be cheering on the country to fail like rush.

Sad.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:32 PM

No – If we wanted the country to fail we would be supporting this crap. We want the demos to fail because they are trying to destroying the economy so they can have their socialist utopia here like the Venezuela, Cuba, Zimbabwe, etc.

Corsair on January 31, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Obama does look like he has aged big time. Remind me not to run for any office then. I want to preserve myself. With what we have to look forward to, err I am sure I will be aging myself……………………

sheebe on January 31, 2009 at 3:42 PM

In connection with my comment at 3:39 PM, I would seriously like to know is there any piece of legislation anywhere that Obama himself (and not someone else) showed executive and leadership ability in getting it, not just introduced, but actually passed?

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Get a life, you really need to read more than just msm’s, and huffpo.

Rush said he wanted Obama’s socialist policies to fail, not the country. That is what he meant when he said it, and has repeated that adnauseum. The fact that you choose to gleen from it, what liberal sites want you to ….just proves our points here.

Name me one socialist country, or a country with socialism in it, that is a success story? Just one. The UK is about to collapse into bankruptcy. France got so tired of all the liberal spending, they elected a conservative leader. As did Germany. Venezuela is on the brink. The situation has gotten worse under Chavez. Not better. North Korea, the people starve. Cuba…the people starve. Just one success story, from a government controlled nation, where everyone is thriving, happy, and prosperous.

capejasmine on January 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Is the stimulus bill politics ? How can it not be political ?

You can argue the point on a phoney premise.

William Amos on January 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I started thinking about his bipartisan rhetoric in the primary and thought no way the gop will work with him.

But then I thought, what if he knew this and it is a political strategy.

Would American voters vote gop when the President was trying to be bipartisan and fix all the problems but the gop voted no?

The answer is no. So he has your party hoping he will fail to have any chance in the elections.

Kind of brilliant if you think about it.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

“Situation we found when we took office”

Your party’s legisilation created this mess.

Continue working with both party’s”

As long as Republican’s say on “yes” it seems.

Allah, are we going to have to endure this every week? I’d rather be waterboarded….. ;)

Hog Wild on January 31, 2009 at 3:44 PM

What we can’t afford to do, is to eat this crap sandwich.

rplat on January 31, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I hope Obama fails.

rob verdi on January 31, 2009 at 3:45 PM

urinalysis

Probably not. Case in point…..JFK.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM

There was no ‘whiz quiz’ back then, but you’re probably right about our contemporary leaders. I bet there’s at least one of them who likes to “party.”

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Contact Senator Judd Gregg here and ask hiim to decline Obama’s offer, for the good of the party and the country.

Rae on January 31, 2009 at 3:45 PM

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Tru dat, playa.

He railed against President Bush all throughout the primary and general elections. Maybe he’s finding out the job is not all cake and roses.

Sucks to have to work for a living, doesn’t it, Mr. President.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Of course he said it will take years.

You will be cheering on the country to fail like rush.

Sad.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:32 PM

“This war is lost”- Harry Reid

a capella on January 31, 2009 at 3:46 PM

No way is the Senate going to whittle down that poker sent to them by the House. They’ll just add to it. If anything is taken away, it will be because the Dimocrats were SHAMED into taking it out.

GarandFan on January 31, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Wow! He is really out of practice with the teleliar…er…uh….prompter.

oakpack on January 31, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Kind of brilliant if you think about it.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Kind of Carter , if you know history..

the_nile on January 31, 2009 at 3:47 PM

1) Political Risk
2) Burdening our Grandchildren and economy with this huge debt, which will only prolong the recession.
I’ll take two for two trillion.

Johan Klaus on January 31, 2009 at 3:48 PM

capejasmine on January 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

In our own country, William Bradford wrote that the Plymouth Settlement’s try at communal living almost resulted in starvation.

“In this instance, community of property (so far as it went) was found to breed much confusion and discontent, and retard much employment which would have been to the general benefit and comfort. …

“Let none argue that this is due to human failing, rather than to this communistic plan of life in itself.”

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:48 PM

IMO, the lack of executive ability and experience is going to showing.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:39 PM

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:49 PM

But then I thought, what if he knew this and it is a political strategy.

Kind of brilliant if you think about it.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Not so much. The msm’s, have failed to get the proper info out to the public, as to what is all in this stimulus package. Yet….word has gotten out. People are reading it, and seeing it for what it is. Check the polls. More, and more each day, people are turning away from it. Where is the genious in thinking you can slip anything by people, thus getting away with an agenda they would otherwise not want?

If people truly want this, then the transparency he promised would be there, and it’s not. Slowly, but surely, I think people are coming to see, he’s not what everyone thought he was.

capejasmine on January 31, 2009 at 3:49 PM

“This war is lost”- Harry Reid

a capella on January 31, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Cut’n’run , said Obama.

the_nile on January 31, 2009 at 3:50 PM

What he would have really said If he’d said that….or something.

” We cannot uhhh let ummmm politics get in the uhhhh way of passing this ahhhh crap sandwich ummm uhhh because uhhhh ahhh I Won ummmm.”

Oldnuke on January 31, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Why didn’t he just say, “I won”?

Or “Play my way or I’ll take my ball and go home”?

Wethal on January 31, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Kind of brilliant if you think about it.

getalife on January 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Of course, if you have got no concern for the future of the country, only the socialist agenda.

Johan Klaus on January 31, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Hate to say so, but the only one that comes to mind is Nazi Germany, and we know what happened then.

This is a doomed ship and any Republican who sides with these hopeydopes on the issue will do so at their own peril.

Wally on January 31, 2009 at 3:52 PM

baldilocks on January 31, 2009 at 3:45 PM

What I would like to know is how many of our leaders are taking pharmaceuticals for anti-anxiety, anti-depressants and other medical conditions? I’m not getting on a soapbox a la Tom Cruise, here. (I’m not a scientologist!) They rail about Rush’s problems in the past and claim “privacy” when citizens (the people they work for) want to know about their health? It’s our money. We pay their salary and medical benefits. Should we know about their medical conditions? Don’t you have to disclose certain conditions to your employer and insurance companies?

Any predictions on how many of our officials take Ritalin on a regular basis?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 31, 2009 at 3:52 PM

This “trough” of pork as someone put it sounds like a lot of payback to campaign donors to me, with Chimpy McPelosi and Frumpy McReid as the masterminds. With all this money being spent, where are we going to get the next trillion when the trillion we give in bailouts doesn’t work? Iran is getting their wish with this bill, we’ll no longer be a leading nation, we’ll be at the mercy of other ones.

scalleywag on January 31, 2009 at 3:52 PM

getalife,

The GOP killed Clinton’s stimulus bill in 1993. That didn’t hurt them too much in 1994.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Between the government take overs and the economic nationalism we are getting very close to corporatism. And that comrades is a recipe for disaster.

rob verdi on January 31, 2009 at 3:54 PM

He’s never had to deal with a fairly strong opponent who had greatly varying views from his. The Law Review at Harvard was no doubt preaching to the choir, and any squabbles were matters of degree, not policy.

In Chicago politics, it was the Alinsky model of confrontation with opposition. The Dem machine in Illinois made sure he had no real opponent, and the MS made sure he really didn’t have to explain himself (except for the questions at the ABC debate in Philly).

Neither Alinksy personalization (Rush) nor the “Be reasonable. Do it my way” approach is working with the GOP, and he can’t understand why.

Wethal on January 31, 2009 at 3:55 PM

The GOP needs to filibuster and make the democrats explain every line of spending, if they don’t well they asked for it.

rob verdi on January 31, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Won’t it be fun for a change to sit on the sidelines and just throw stones at the stupid policies of the Dhimmicrats; instead of having to defend RINO’s like McCain.

Mojave Mark on January 31, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Wally on January 31, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I have never heard of any success stories of socialism.

I’ve decided that socialism is introduced because someone wants power or because someone is naive about human nature.

INC on January 31, 2009 at 3:57 PM