Quote of the day

posted at 10:00 pm on January 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

“The relationship between these radio talkers and the larger Republican and conservative world has become parasitic and antagonistic. They flourish and profit to the extent they can polarize and radicalize. The GOP will recover only to the extent that it moderates and reaches out. They benefit from controversies that position them as the leaders and designated speakers for conservative America. But the more visible they become, the more our party is shoved to the margins and rendered unelectable. What is good for Rush is bad for the GOP, and what is good for the GOP is bad for Rush. At some time, some bold party leader will have to confront this dilemma: not by quarreling with Rush or by breaking with him, but by making it clear that our party is bigger than Rush, that it has room for more points of view, and that while Rush may speak for a party faction, he does not speak for the party as a whole.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Lets see,Liberals are the ptotesting,radical,burning down
Military recruitment centres,are on the side of the Gaza,
Israel is yada,yada,yada,its simple,

there the unhinged lunitic extreme Political Party,

and,they want,

to become the Political Party of the normal,

and paint the Republican Party as ‘Crazy’s’!

They von’t to spin zee tables around!!!

canopfor on January 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I dont know if we should “give up” out principles. But maybe give up keeping loudmouth, arrogant blowhards the keys to the car and letting him drive.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

No one has to listen to Rush Limbaugh or any other commentator.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Seriously, have you ever heard a Republican say he was leaving the party in order to become a Dem because of Rush Limbaugh?

onlineanalyst on January 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Not to become dems, but leaving the party? Absoloutely…

I have also heard plenty distance themselves from Rush and immediately be taken more seriously in a debate.

Kind of like a Dem distancing themselves from Michael Moore, the last guy I remember openly hoping that a new president will fail.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Oops, protesting,not ptotesting,ugh!

canopfor on January 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM

No one has to listen to Rush Limbaugh or any other commentator.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM

You are right, but letting him set the tone and making him the person most associated with Republicans does essentially the same thing.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I disagree with your description of Rush. But, that’s fine. We have little media exposure at a time, proven in the last election, that media is very important. Why not let’s dump Rush and hobble us just a bit more. Good strategy.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 11:12 PM

This isn’t about Rush,

its about the RIGHT!

canopfor on January 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM

You’re kidding, right? I can point you out lots of members of Congress you can include with Michael Moore.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

This thread isn’t discussing Democrat Senators.

INC on January 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

For example Rudy is much more articulate about 80% of the conservative policies even though he is pro-choice than McCain ever was with a 100% pro-life record. Mitt was demonized because he moved to the right on social issues by the right and left while being absolutely solid on fiscal and security issues. I know I would much rather have Mitt or Rudy at the helm today than the man we are left with.

goat on January 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

They simply don’t want to be in the same party with the Bible-thumping hoi polloi. Thus the distaste for Palin. The ideas of Frum et al would result in Democratic Parties I and II.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I think you misread the distaste for Palin, I could care less about her faith, I dont think she is a particularly bad “thumper”, she is like that 18-yo who joins the NBA, she came out too early.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Do you listen to Rush, or just what is said about him?

zmdavid on January 30, 2009 at 11:15 PM

goat on January 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

As an investor, I agree about Mitt. But the hand has been dealt. We have to start from here.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

genso on January 30, 2009 at 11:12 PM

The people listening to Rush are not exactly “swing voters” that will be convinced.

Dittoheads are just that for a reason. They already agree with the guy, they are not exactly going there to be swayed.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:18 PM

zmdavid on January 30, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I stopped listening to him regularly in college, but I listen occasionally when there is nothing good on XM.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Nahhhh. Four years from now or eight years from now will still be too early for die-hard Palin detractors. It’s more than just “inexperience”, which always seems to be waived in some other cases.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM

If you think Huckabee ever had a chance of being elected, you’re delusional.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM

You do not have permission to click this link.

apacalyps on January 30, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I got a better idea. How about not just listening to Rush, they should do what he says.

- The Cat

P.S. As to Allah’s marginalized point earlier. We didn’t get McCain because he couldn’t pursued people. It was because of our screwed up horse and buggy derived primary system and the fact that we let Iowa decide.

MirCat on January 30, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:18 PM

There are many others to speak for the conservatives. Micheal Steele is a good place to start. But you don’t tear down and disillusion the core to swing a few voters. Too many of the core will sit out of the process like happened this election.

Besides, when Obama attacks Rush, he is attacking our principles as well. These people aren’t interested in hearing opposing viewpoints. They want to demoralize and destroy the conservatives. If you are really a conservative, then buck up.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM

What do democrats and moderate republicans have in common?

They both hate Rush and God…not necessarily in that order.

aigle on January 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:14 PM

If I remember correctly Frum wasn’t against Palin he just felt she wasn’t ready to be put on the national stage and that was the essence of his argument. I disagree with that but that does not make him a bad guy. I listen to conservative talkers all day and they all have points of disagreement does that mean when I disagree with a certain point of contention that they should be thrown out of the party? Heck no, Frum has some good ideas and I enjoy his New majority site as much as I enjoy other conservative sites.

goat on January 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM

David Frum doesn’t speak for Conservatives.

Helloyawl on January 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Poor old moderates! Where are they gonna go? Obama and company on the left and Friends of Rush on the right. They are going to have to embrace one or the other or start their own Party. LOL Big caveat here!! Are we promoting the idea that Rush is too far right by what some of us are saying here? Walking right into the Dem trap? Rush is right, no question, but he is not the conservative equivalent of Micheal Moore. He simply points out and clarifies and promotes conservative principles–nothing more. As for “distancing” oneself from extreme thinking, the moderate Democrat has done just the opposite in voting for Obama. They have allied them selves with the far left, like it or not.

jeanie on January 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM

the fact that we let Iowa decide.

MirCat on January 30, 2009 at 11:22 PM

You mean New Hampshire right. Hucklebucle won Iowa, McCain came in 4th.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Only a few chose to stand by their Conservative values and principles when so many jumped ship… I won’t forget those who stood firm under a wave of radical movement. Rush Limbaugh has proved to be the cement that has held the foundation of the Conservative movement together in this time. Hannity and others have also stood firm. I appreciate the strength Rush has provided; the courage to stand up to everything coming his way, including the potus. I get to choose who I surround myself with; I get to choose what influences that fill me spirit. Rush is not my God by any means; Rush is a man that influences my spiritual makeup in a very positive way.

Not much of anything could survive an attack by the Liberal machine. Conservatism has been the target of the Democrat Party and the MSM since Reagan won his landslide victory, and went on to be such a great and inspirational leader. The Reagan era has been under constant attack for a few decades now, with several RINO’S jumping in the mix with the Liberal machine. Without Limbaugh, would our movement remain standing? I think not!

This family stands firmly with Rush Limbaugh…
This family longs to see justice prevail with the death of the MSM as we know it…

Keemo on January 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Air America may have tanked, but I submit that the new face of the Democrat party is Al Franken.

Pablo on January 30, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Anyone who says they want to see Obama succeed means they want the country to be more socialist. Since socialism doesn’t work they want the country to fail.

It’s one thing to not viciously attack him (like the Democrats attacked Bush) and quite another to hope his leftist polcies fail. If they fail- which they will- he fails.

And if he temporarily succeds, the country fails as it becomes more socilaist.

I wish you well Obama, but I hope you and your policies fail, and the sooner the better, so that the country can recover its collective sanity.

Only a socialist would believe you can bail out the country by spending billions of borrowed dollars.

Basilsbest on January 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

You know damn well that once 2006..

Bishop on Jan 30,2009 at 10:34PM.

Bishop: Yes I know,but it really appears that the Liberal
Party wants the Republican Party el gonesville for
good!

They are so bold,its open for everyone to see!

And,how the Liberal Party fraudulently won this
election,in the same zeal,are now over confident
at ending the rights influence!

And,I’ve said over and over,Liberals by ANY MEANS
NEECCESSARY!

BTW,Bishop,I ripped off you ‘Seething’word from a
yesterdays post,hehe !:)

canopfor on January 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I dont know if we should “give up” our principles. But maybe give up keeping loudmouth, arrogant blowhards the keys to the car and letting him drive.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Respectfully my friend, if you are not prepared to “get behind the wheel”, not having a “driver/voice” is not an option at this time. Please, let the liberals chase the parked cars. Momentum is the only chance we have to put the brakes on the fiscal insanity while the left is attempting to put an end to the way you live. With the ammo we have to combat this, (thanks to Bush’s fiscal nightmares), every voice is critical. Even arrogant blowhards.

Rovin on January 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I think what happens is this. Commentator or politician becomes prominent by proclaiming conservative views. Liberals (in the MSM and in politics–it’s hard to distinguish) go on search-and-destroy mission to ridicule, take out of context, marginalize, eradicate. Meme propagated by the media/politicians, however inaccurate, becomes Gospel. It then becomes respectable to join in the denigration of said commentators or politicians. The ONLY respectable thing to do, really. Otherwise you’re an “extremist”. Nobody wants to be an ignorant extremist, do they.

I don’t listen to Limbaugh regularly; I work during the time he’s on the air and haven’t felt the inclination to subscribe. But the fact is though that his listeners have been shown to be pretty well-informed.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM

They both hate Rush and God…not necessarily in that order.

aigle on January 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Cute,
I am not a moderate, I am a bit of a centrist, though.

As for G-d, I love him well enough to not use his full name is something as base as a politicial debate. I dont see what Rush has to do with Him though.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM

How is that?

When I listen to Rush’s callers and the callers on the local Air America affiliate, I hear the same mix of a few smart folks and a big glut of idiots, they just use different talking points that they just read on DKos/Free Republic.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:33 PM

“..not going there to be swayed”…then why are you here Squid?

jeanie on January 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Hog Wild on January 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM

But we both know McCain was no conservative. He adopted liberal ideas and still called himself a conservative. There’s basically not much difference between a RINO and a liberal.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Rush can be himself. I have no problem with that. But he can’t be the face of the conservative movement, maybe one of the many messengers. Calling a news anchor an incompetent idiot to their face just isn’t fruitful. Do we like it when liberals call us idiots and not consider the ideas we present? I don’t think so. Let’s focus on the ideas and stop personal attacks.

justinok on January 30, 2009 at 11:37 PM

jeanie on January 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM

I am sorry, what are you getting at?

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:38 PM

“The GOP will recover only to the extent that it moderates and reaches out.”

Gee, let me guess, by embracing illegal immigration, multiculturism, the welfare state, higher taxes, gay marriage, an anemic military, nationalized health care…

Remind me again, why do I want to vote for a carbon copy of the Dhimmicrat Party? I was tempted to stay home from the polls this past November…any more Republican “Me-too-ism” (at which McCain has always specialized) and I’ll say damn them all, and look into how much it will cost for me to emigrate to Paraguay.

quikstrike98 on January 30, 2009 at 11:38 PM

How is that?

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:33 PM

On the rare occasions when I listen to his program, I don’t find the callers to be particularly ignorant, certainly less so than on a program like “Talk of the Nation” on NPR; there you have the Berkeley-type automatons who just spew the fashionable Demo things to say.

There was a survey though done by Pew a few months back; I don’t have it bookmarked. You can Google it and probably find it somewhere. As I remember, Limbaugh listeners and Hannity&Colmes viewers came out pretty well.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:38 PM

genso on January 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Well said. Not only do they want to oppose our views, they are attempting daily to restrict the very “freedoms of speech” (liberal 101) they have cherished and thought was something exclusive.

Rovin on January 30, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Many Americans would not know about Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals without Rush Limbaugh identifying its specifics to his listening audience. He informs and educates because the mainstream media do not.

onlineanalyst on January 30, 2009 at 11:40 PM

justinok on January 30, 2009 at 11:37 PM

You don’t get it. Obama labeled him the face of the conservative movement. Do we marginalize him to benefit the left? Isn’t that exactly what Obama wanted to happen?

genso on January 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I have never heard Rush talk about religion on his show unlike Prager or Medved.

goat on January 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM

PS, I predict that in 4 years, the gaggle of morons who turned out this year to elect Obama will be thoroughly disillusioned after finding out that they still have to pay their mortgages, buy gasoline, and didn’t get their magic unicorn what craps gold for them on a daily basis. The lopsided electoral results of Nov. 11 will be quite evened out once the mentally challenged have figured out that The Messiah isn’t going to give them a free ride to Paradise and the rivers don’t run with chocolate through a candy-cane tree paradise.

quikstrike98 on January 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM

onlineanalyst on January 30, 2009 at 11:40 PM

If he could do that without talking about how amazing he his every 30 seconds he might be tolerable. However…

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM

AP. . Bad cherios this morning or what.

Texyank on January 30, 2009 at 11:43 PM

goat on January 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Did I at some point say he did?

I am relatively sure I would have another reason to dislike the man if he tried to lecture me on moraliy.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:43 PM

There are degrees and types of RINO(though I hate that acronym). Some are politically and fiscally conservative but not socially. Some are the opposite and both of these to varying degrees. ‘Pure’ conservatives(whatever that means)are probably few. Bet there are DINOs too who just chose the side they found least offensive or most attractive. Like it or not, the GOP needs it’s moderates because we can’t swing an election without them.

jeanie on January 30, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:43 PM

If you are an example of the masses in this country, then we have become a culture of personality over substance.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Sorry…pasted the wrong quote.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 11:51 PM

At some time, some bold party leader will have to confront this dilemma: not by quarreling with Rush or by breaking with him, but by making it clear that our party is bigger than Rush, that it has room for more points of view, and that while Rush may speak for a party faction, he does not speak for the party as a whole.” Allahpundit

My error…………

Rovin on January 30, 2009 at 11:52 PM

onlineanalyst on January 30, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM

If I were to construct a Rush Limbaugh I would furnish him with some way and qualities and characteristics which the present lacks.

He would keep private his admirations of himself; He would regard self-praise as unbecoming the dignity of his position.
- “Mark Twain”

MB4 on January 30, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Squid Shark: I think that Rush’s “talking about amazing he is” is part of his schtick. He is speaking with tongue in cheek. I laugh when he does it, and I think that he is laughing at himself also. He really does recognize that his “talents are on loan from God,” and he uses those talents to encourage others to reach for their own personal best. He loves this country and its opportunities for excellence. In essence, I think that he is a humble man who doesn’t trumpet his acts of generosity and charity.

onlineanalyst on January 30, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Just go away dork boy…

You got nothing…

BigWyo on January 30, 2009 at 11:57 PM

It’s quite delicious seeing the right eating it’s own bile, using mental gymnastics to justify their support for Sarah Palin and hate for Huckabee (these two conservatives are almost identical on the main issues). What makes this even better is that Huckabee appears stronger than Palin on immigration — oh, and uh, so far I like Palin so don’t take this as a smear against her because it’s not. I must thank her! Her rise to prominence has allowed me to expose all of you as hypocrites. Oh, the hypocrisy in gushing with loving support of her, meanwhile tearing down life-long committed pro-life conservatives like Huckabee. Like I said before, “You just got Punk’d!”

apacalyps on January 30, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Squid:I’ll be blunt. Why do you bother to come here? Do you want to be swayed or are you trying to sway us, or are you just looking for argument for argument’s sake or are you fancying yourself as the voice of sweet reason, or???? You are not tuned into the same channel as most on this site and you know that. So…why are you here?

jeanie on January 30, 2009 at 11:58 PM

I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me. I always feel that they have not said enough.
- Mark Twain

MB4 on January 30, 2009 at 11:59 PM

This whole “Rush” thing is pretty amusing. The only ones not really twisted about it are Republicans and Rush Limbaugh. Republicans are basically listening to this crap and scratching their heads saying, “WTF?” Meanwhile Rush lobs a few more verbal hand grenades over the wall at his critics and they become even more hysterical.

D2Boston on January 31, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Cute,
I am not a moderate, I am a bit of a centrist, though.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM

*snicker*

You are a tool..

BigWyo on January 31, 2009 at 12:07 AM

The sniping between posters is getting old here at HA.

blatantblue on January 31, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Who becomes more hysterical, (your sentence structure is ambiguous)? Those lobbed at or those watching the lobbing? I only ask because most of the hysteria this PM seems to be coming from from the visiting left. The rest of us seem quite calm.(a side effect of knowing that we’re right I suspect)

jeanie on January 31, 2009 at 12:11 AM

“This whole “Rush” thing is pretty amusing.”

Got to agree. One furry little fuzz ball has the Chosen One’s knickers all tied up in knots. I thought Joe Cool was above it all.

GarandFan on January 31, 2009 at 12:13 AM

It is kind of a once in a lifetime honor to be singled out by The One for special mention—and such flattering mention to boot.

jeanie on January 31, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Why all the drama about Rush Limbaugh? Is anyone forced to listen? Can he do anything that will have temporary or permanent impact your life? Considering the idolatry of the media for our president and his party, you should be happy that there is someone out there pointing out what Congress is attempting to do with this “Stimulus” bill. The rest of the media will get around to it when it’s too late, just like TARP and just like Mr. Obama.

Cindy Munford on January 31, 2009 at 12:21 AM

genso on January 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Well, I’m not sure Obama is that smart to come up with a sly way of bringing Rush down. Obama was trying to denigrate puritan conservatism that in his opinion doesn’t allow compromise.

I think the media basically picked up from there and started the whole ‘Rush is the leader’ thing. Anyways, it will be interesting to see how things will play out.

justinok on January 31, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I’m sorry Mr Rabid McCain supporter, but what exactly do you know about principles? I mean, besides ‘mavericky mavericks are kewl’. Being lectured on party principles by a McCain supporter is a little like being lectured by Bill Clinton on maritial fidelity. Amusing, but also annoying. Run along.

austinnelly on January 31, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Who do you listen to most, Air America or Rush?

Johan Klaus on January 31, 2009 at 12:31 AM

I’m really starting to think Allah needs to cut Rush a royalties check every week and send Palin’s PAC a 10K donation.

Hot Air is rapidly turning into Allah throwing out topics and QOTDs that either insult conservatives or are total trollbait or both. As Allah rarely tells us what he really thinks, this site is very quickly becoming a traffic machine and little else.

I’ve been here from the beginning and am starting to get disgusted with Allah’s tactics recently. He needs to come out and say that he is officially opposed to people like Rush or Sarah and stop playing cute with the bulls**t quotes designed only to start flamewars. He’s not afraid to say he doesn’t believe in God. Why can’t he be honest about his other opinions?

Sh*t or get off the pot, dude.

fiatboomer on January 31, 2009 at 12:35 AM

OK, we have to remember, though, that Rush and others offered leadership when no one else seemed ready to fill the shoes. What the House Republicans did to oppose the DNC Pork Package is commendable, but they will all have to keep up the pressure to re-earn my respect. My prayers go with Michael Steele to help re-establish that needed leadership.

DL13 on January 31, 2009 at 12:38 AM

fiatboomer on January 31, 2009 at 12:35 AM

I think Allah is agnostic on Palin because she is a female Huckabee. He’s for Rush and not that enthralled with Ann Coulter.

I could be wrong. But Allah is just the messenger, I don’t care where he stands.

justinok on January 31, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Isn’t Allah’s messenger Mohammed, or Ace, the messenger of Allah who drinks alcohol and only hates political pork…and Scandis.

Mr. Joe on January 31, 2009 at 12:45 AM

My prayers go with Michael Steele to help re-establish that needed leadership.

DL13 on January 31, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Unless we kick out all of the incumbents, Mr. Steele has got a hard row to hoe.

Johan Klaus on January 31, 2009 at 12:45 AM

I don’t listen to … regularly; I work during the time he’s on the air and haven’t felt the inclination to subscribe. But the fact is though that his listeners have been shown to be pretty well-informed.

Don’t confuse well-informed with misinformed.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Rush criticizes weak Republicans and strong Democrats.

As he should.

Being a Conservative, it’s his duty.

profitsbeard on January 31, 2009 at 12:47 AM

An analogy comes to mind that is so true in life and politics:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Rush Limbaugh was the outspoken voice of sanity that catalyzed the uproar of the Conservative base concerning this Obama pork bill. In effect, he was the squeaky wheel that forced the Republicans in the House to wise up and vote against this atrocious bill. Thankfully, due to all of the publicity brought about by the comments made by Rush (and by Obama, ironically), it looks like the people in this country have taken a look at this piece of disaster and now the poll numbers of support for the bill are dropping.

I think this week has been one of the best weeks Conservatives have had in 8 years. No more caving to the idea of “bi-partisanship”. Stand up for the principles, and don’t apologize for them.

smartsy on January 31, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Isn’t Frum married to a big league lib?

clnurnberg on January 31, 2009 at 12:52 AM

…or at least a Huffington post blogette

clnurnberg on January 31, 2009 at 12:53 AM

I find the “Rush Limbaugh” equation to be a very satisfying one.

For those who believe that Rush is not and should not be the Republican Party, please let them leave the Party, or go and take the Party with them. That is a fine solution.

It’s not a question of blind obedience to the MahaRushdie. It’s a question of what the Party stands for, and what it no longer stands for.

For those who wish the GOP to be some more “moderate” vision of non-conservatism, something which has at its core “getting along” with Dems and Libs, please, keep it. That conception of non-conservatism holds no value for those who believe as Rush does. Those who don’t believe as Rush do happen to be those who have destroyed the GOP.

So, again, let nature take its majestic course.

Unlike the fools who think that Rush is “divisive” and that he does not represent what the Party should be, I do not believe – and many real conservatives do not believe – that thsi “schism” is a bad thing, or that it needs to be mended, “for the good of the Party.”

Let it go… Just let it go….

Those of us who believe in conservatism as Rush does, and who are happy to have President O’Bambi “fail” where “success” means unmitigated socialism . . . We are perfectly happy to do without those others…..

seanrobins on January 31, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Frum is a pathetic little pussy who wouldn’t know a conservative conviction if it bit him on his ass.
I remember Laura Ingraham tearing him apart piece by piece in an interview with him last year.
However, I bet he gets hired by the NY Times as their in-house “conservative” (sic).

I can always gauge a Republican’s conservative quotient by how they respond to a question about Rush Limbaugh.
Limbaugh is a true phenomenon – one seriously hard-assed conservative with an almost inhuman cognitive ability to cut to the chase and easily the most gifted speaker I have ever heard. Next to him, BHO sounds like Elmer Fudd.

The fact that moronic elected officials want to take down a private citizen practicing his first Amendment free speech to over 20 million listeners is sickening. If that is then put into some kind of legal framework, that will create a situation that will simply not be tolerated.

TexasJew on January 31, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Don’t confuse well-informed with misinformed.
sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 12:46 AM

You’re confused.

Bishop on January 31, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Resistance is futile.

mike_NC9 on January 31, 2009 at 1:04 AM

“You can’t just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done,” he said. “There are big things that unify Republicans and Democrats. We shouldn’t let partisan politics derail what are very important things that need to get done.”

The Prez makes the fatal mistake of confusing Pelosi’s party favors (condoms and std prevention) with important things.

moxie_neanderthal on January 31, 2009 at 1:19 AM

TexasJew on January 31, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Excellent comment, my fellow Texan!
Squid Shark can pooh-pooh Rush all he wants but all I know is that since Rush made his comment about “I hope that President Obama fails” and has stood by it in the face of a media onslaught, the GOP leadership in the House and the Senate has found new courage and determination to stand up to the Messiah and his scary “bailout” legislation and the other awful things he’s talked about in his first week (closing Gitmo, funding foreign abortions, etc.)
Things don’t look quite as hopeless for Conservative Americans like me and for this country as a whole anymore.
We need Rush and we need Sarah Palin and thankfully, neither have deserted us in our time of need.

Jenfidel on January 31, 2009 at 1:24 AM

When I clicked the link and saw it was frumpy…~rolls eyes…~
It stuck me…I could’ve had a v8…

jerrytbg on January 31, 2009 at 1:25 AM

TexasJew on January 31, 2009 at 1:00 AMJ

enfidel on January 31, 2009 at 1:24 AM

The “Eyes of Texas”.

Johan Klaus on January 31, 2009 at 1:38 AM

TexasJew on January 31, 2009 at 1:00 AM

It would be disarming a terrorist. Plain and simple.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 1:45 AM

It would be disarming a terrorist. Plain and simple.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Who writes your material? Big Bird?

hillbillyjim on January 31, 2009 at 1:47 AM

hillbillyjim on January 31, 2009 at 1:47 AM

No, I do.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 1:48 AM

No, I do.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 1:48 AM

I wouldn’t advertise that fact.

hillbillyjim on January 31, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Was it before or after Harry Reid called Bush a liar, dangerously incompetant and the worst president ever that he said he hoped GWB would succed?

This is a lot about absolutely nothing. The press are lap dogs chasing an Obama tossed bone.

But I gotta hand it to Harry, despite being such a dim lit bulb and all evidence to the contrary, he was eerily spot on when he said taxation is voluntary and lacking coercion (provided one has the deferral “D” designation).

moxie_neanderthal on January 31, 2009 at 1:54 AM

I wouldn’t advertise that fact.

hillbillyjim on January 31, 2009 at 1:49 AM

I wouldn’t advertise that as fact.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 1:55 AM

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Would that be as in a real terrorist like Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dorhn? Or just a propagandist terrorist like Jeremiah Wright?

The devil is in the details….

Hog Wild on January 31, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Hog Wild on January 31, 2009 at 1:56 AM

The choice is neither.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Take a look at the UK — that’s what congress would look like if we didn’t Rush and conservative radio to keep us on the path.

nametaken on January 31, 2009 at 2:01 AM

nametaken on January 31, 2009 at 2:01 AM

No, that’s if that particular person in greater numbers.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 2:02 AM

I wouldn’t advertise that fact.

hillbillyjim on January 31, 2009 at 1:49 AM

I wouldn’t advertise that as fact.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 1:55 AM

I wouldn’t do that either.

hillbillyjim on January 31, 2009 at 2:07 AM

It would be disarming a terrorist. Plain and simple.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Very snarky and idiotic comment. Have you ever bothered to read the First Amendment? It’s easy to find since it’s the FIRST one.

The Democrats (and that piece of crap) think that they now permanently rule over all of us, but they are severely mistaken in thinking that history has changed for freedom-loving Americans.

TexasJew on January 31, 2009 at 2:07 AM

No, I do.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Are you still in college?

Johan Klaus on January 31, 2009 at 2:08 AM

I see your First Amendment and raise you one Patriot Act and one warrantless wiretap.

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Hey GOP…

I don’t listen to Rush. I turned him off years ago. That said I hope he whips your ass.

I REALLY don’t listen to you. When you grow a pair, either below the belt or aside the sternum then give me a call.

Limerick on January 31, 2009 at 2:10 AM

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Are they Constitutional?

Johan Klaus on January 31, 2009 at 2:11 AM

sethstorm on January 31, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Do you call terrorist who are outside of the U.S.?

Johan Klaus on January 31, 2009 at 2:14 AM