Quote of the day

posted at 10:00 pm on January 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

“The relationship between these radio talkers and the larger Republican and conservative world has become parasitic and antagonistic. They flourish and profit to the extent they can polarize and radicalize. The GOP will recover only to the extent that it moderates and reaches out. They benefit from controversies that position them as the leaders and designated speakers for conservative America. But the more visible they become, the more our party is shoved to the margins and rendered unelectable. What is good for Rush is bad for the GOP, and what is good for the GOP is bad for Rush. At some time, some bold party leader will have to confront this dilemma: not by quarreling with Rush or by breaking with him, but by making it clear that our party is bigger than Rush, that it has room for more points of view, and that while Rush may speak for a party faction, he does not speak for the party as a whole.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Squishy.

hillbillyjim on January 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

But we ran a moderate with McCain and look how that worked out or something!

crr6 on January 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM

David Frum? Who is he and why should I care?

genso on January 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM

David Frum…the Canadian neocon wunderkindt said that?

Now, I know Rush is right on target.

coldwarrior on January 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Somebody is jealous of Rush.

Bishop on January 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM

What a load of nonsense.

Purple Fury on January 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Who the h#ll is Davide Frum?

ctmom on January 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM

I’m not a dittohead, but I know that Rush is generally good for the GOP.

jgapinoy on January 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

But rush is the leader.

Apologize.

getalife on January 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

The Alinskyite plan to isolate Rush Limbaugh has another taker.

zmdavid on January 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM

This call for unity and inclusion comes from a guy who never passes up an opportunity to bash Palin.

Mark1971 on January 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Davie, please go start a squishy moderate ivy-league beltway party and then tell me how many people join.

innominatus on January 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

But rush is the leader.

Apologize.

getalife on January 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

This must be the topic of the day for the left. Look who just got his order to show up. Pathetic.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Feel free to have a problem with the man, but don’t let it take away from the message. Rush is spot on 99% of the time.

sheesh on January 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Because the president who actually had the largest inaugural crowd was a moderate?….nooooo…Reagan was an actual honest to goodness…CONSERVATIVE!

Lily on January 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

If Frum is so smart why doesn’t he have a following the size of Rush’s.

VolMagic on January 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Someone sent me this as a forwarded email today. I do not know if it is true or not, but it is a good allegory for Barack’s stimulus plan and the law of unintended consequences. Yeah it is long, but it is also pretty funny:

We have the standard 8 foot wooden fence in the backyard, and a few months
ago, I heard about burglaries increasing dramatically in the entire city.

To make sure this never happened to me, I got an electric fence and ran a
single wire along the top of the fence. Actually, I got the biggest cattle
charger Tractor Supply had, made for 26 miles of fence.

I then used an 8 ft. long ground rod, driven 7.5 feet into the ground. The
ground rod is the key, with the more you have in the ground, the better the
fence works.

One day I’m mowing the back yard with my big wheel push mower. The hot wire
is broken and laying out in the yard. I knew for a fact that I unplugged
the charger. I pushed the mower around the wire and reached down to grab
it, to throw it out of the way. It seems as though I hadn’t remembered to
unplug it after all.

Now I’m standing there, I’ve got the running lawn mower in my right hand
and the 1.7 gigavolt fence wire in the other hand. Keep in mind the charger
is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down
cow on fire on the cover.

Time stood still. The first thing I notice is my balls trying to climb up
the front side of my body. My ears curled downwards and I could feel the
lawn mower ignition firing in the backside of my brain. Every time that
Briggs & Stratton rolled over, I could feel the spark in my head. I was
literally at one with the engine. It seems as though the fence charger and
the POS lawn mower were fighting over which would control my electrical
impulses.

Science says one cannot crap, pee, and get a nut at the same time. I beg to
differ. Not only did I do all three at once, but my bowels emptied 3
different times in less than half of a second. It was a Matrix kind of
bowel movement, where time is creeping along and you’re all leaned back and
BAM! BAM! BAM! you just crap your pants 3 times. It seemed like there were
minutes in between but in reality it was so close together it was like
exhaust pulses from a big block Chevy turning 8 grand.

At this point I’m about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the
fence wire. My hand is wrapped around the wire palm down so I cant let go.
I grew up on a farm so I know all about electric fences… but Dad always
had those crappy chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9
volts and just kinda tickled. This I could not let go of. The 8 foot long
ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the permadamp
Ark-La-Tex river bottom soil. At this point I’m thinking I’m going to have
to just man up and take it, until the lawn mower runs out of gas.

‘Damn!,’ I think, as I remember I just filled the tank! Now the lawn mower
is starting to run rough. It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it
had some kind of big lawn mower race cam in it. Covered in poop, pee, jizz,
and with my balls on my chest I think ‘Oh God please die… pleeeeze die’.
But nooooo, it settles into the rough lumpy cam idle nicely and remains
there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from
its owner’s right foot.

So here I am in the middle of July, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, standing in
my own backyard, begging God to kill me. God did not take me that day… he
left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own
stupidity had created.

I honestly don’t know how I got loose from the wire… I woke up laying on
the ground hours later. The lawn mower was beside me, out of gas. It was
later on in the day and I was sunburned. There were two large dead grass
spots where I had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot
were the wire had layed while I was on the ground still holding on to it.

I assume I finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow
let go of the wire. Upon waking from my electrically induced sleep I
realized a few things.

1- Three of my teeth seem to have melted.

2- I now have cramps in the bottoms of my feet and in my right butt cheek
(not the left, just the right).

3- Poop, pee, and semen when all mixed together, really do not smell as bad
as you might first think.

4- My left eye will not open.

5- My right eye will not close.

6- The lawn mower runs like a son-of-a-bitch now. Seriously! I think our
little session cleared out some carbon fouling or something, because it has
been better than new ever since.

7- My balls are still smaller than average yet they are almost a foot long.

8- I can turn on the TV in the game room by farting while thinking of the
number 4 (still don’t understand this?)

That day changed my life. I now have a newfound respect for things. I
appreciate the little things more, and now I always triple check to make
sure the fence is unplugged before I mow.

The good news is that if a burglar does try to come over the fence, I can
clearly visualize what my security system will do to him, and THAT gives me
a warm and fuzzy feeling all over, which also reminds me to triple check
before I mow.

Mr. Joe on January 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I find it funny that most critics of Rush seem to rarely if ever listen to him. I listen a couple times a week when Dennis Prager goes off into one of his boring social topics and never ever hear him say anything nasty or out of line with basic conservative ideals.

goat on January 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Frum should start dating Brooks.

Full steam ahead Rush!

ex-Democrat on January 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM

You mean the David Frum? He doesn’t like Palin, either.

I agree that Rush’s role and prerogatives are different than a politician’s. But too few politicians are willing to stand or fall on conservative convictions. Conservatism itself has been emasculated by big government Republicans and Rush is one of the only Reagan purists left willing to honor the legacy of triumphant, ballsy conservatism.

Terrie on January 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Sigh….I’m tired of bashing this idiot (See I can’t help my self even when attempting to be civil).

Dritanian on January 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Frum is a Northeast elitist. I believe he was one of those who also dissed Palin because she wasn’t Ivy League enough.

Buford Gooch on January 30, 2009 at 10:14 PM

But rush is the leader.
Apologize.
getalife on January 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Behold the dangers of college kids who get weed money by being guinea pigs for experimental pharmaceuticals.

Bishop on January 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

goat on January 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM

The one’s going after Rush are not doing so because they even care about him except to the extent that so many people listen to his show and agree with his type of conservatism. Same with Sarah Palin. Its not who they are, only that they are able to draw people to their ideas.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

We have the standard 8 foot wooden fence in the backyard, and a few months
ago, I heard about burglaries increasing dramatically in the entire city.

To make sure this never happened to me, I got an electric fence and ran a
single wire along the top of the fence. Actually, I got the biggest cattle
charger Tractor Supply had, made for 26 miles of fence.

I then used an 8 ft. long ground rod, driven 7.5 feet into the ground. The
ground rod is the key, with the more you have in the ground, the better the
fence works.

One day I’m mowing the back yard with my big wheel push mower. The hot wire
is broken and laying out in the yard. I knew for a fact that I unplugged
the charger. I pushed the mower around the wire and reached down to grab
it, to throw it out of the way. It seems as though I hadn’t remembered to
unplug it after all.

Now I’m standing there, I’ve got the running lawn mower in my right hand
and the 1.7 gigavolt fence wire in the other hand. Keep in mind the charger
is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down
cow on fire on the cover.

Time stood still. The first thing I notice is my balls trying to climb up
the front side of my body. My ears curled downwards and I could feel the
lawn mower ignition firing in the backside of my brain. Every time that
Briggs & Stratton rolled over, I could feel the spark in my head. I was
literally at one with the engine. It seems as though the fence charger and
the POS lawn mower were fighting over which would control my electrical
impulses.

Mr. Joe on January 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Reaching out? Including? Wasn’t that tried somewhere just recently and didn’t work?

jeanie on January 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Rush’s ideas and philosophy are bigger than Rush himself… and he would be the first to say so. His guiding thoughts about human liberty, dignity, self-reliance, and personal responsibility are eternal values, not subject to party or nation.

Frum is quite limited in his definition of conservatism, focused primarily in the neo-con variety. He cannot hold a candle to Limbaugh or Palin, for that matter, in walking the talk.

onlineanalyst on January 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Continued…

Science says one cannot crap, pee, and get a nut at the same time. I beg to
differ. Not only did I do all three at once, but my bowels emptied 3
different times in less than half of a second. It was a Matrix kind of
bowel movement, where time is creeping along and you’re all leaned back and
BAM! BAM! BAM! you just crap your pants 3 times. It seemed like there were
minutes in between but in reality it was so close together it was like
exhaust pulses from a big block Chevy turning 8 grand.

At this point I’m about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the
fence wire. My hand is wrapped around the wire palm down so I cant let go.
I grew up on a farm so I know all about electric fences… but Dad always
had those crappy chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9
volts and just kinda tickled. This I could not let go of. The 8 foot long
ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the permadamp
Ark-La-Tex river bottom soil. At this point I’m thinking I’m going to have
to just man up and take it, until the lawn mower runs out of gas.

‘Damn!,’ I think, as I remember I just filled the tank! Now the lawn mower
is starting to run rough. It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it
had some kind of big lawn mower race cam in it. Covered in poop, pee, jizz,
and with my balls on my chest I think ‘Oh God please die… pleeeeze die’.
But nooooo, it settles into the rough lumpy cam idle nicely and remains
there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from
its owner’s right foot.

So here I am in the middle of July, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, standing in
my own backyard, begging God to kill me. God did not take me that day… he
left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own
stupidity had created.

I honestly don’t know how I got loose from the wire… I woke up laying on
the ground hours later. The lawn mower was beside me, out of gas. It was
later on in the day and I was sunburned. There were two large dead grass
spots where I had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot
were the wire had layed while I was on the ground still holding on to it.

I assume I finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow
let go of the wire. Upon waking from my electrically induced sleep I
realized a few things.

1- Three of my teeth seem to have melted.

2- I now have cramps in the bottoms of my feet and in my right butt cheek
(not the left, just the right).

3- Poop, pee, and semen when all mixed together, really do not smell as bad
as you might first think.

4- My left eye will not open.

5- My right eye will not close.

6- The lawn mower runs like a sob now. Seriously! I think our
little session cleared out some carbon fouling or something, because it has
been better than new ever since.

7- My balls are still smaller than average yet they are almost a foot long.

8- I can turn on the TV in the game room by farting while thinking of the
number 4 (still don’t understand this?)

That day changed my life. I now have a newfound respect for things. I
appreciate the little things more, and now I always triple check to make
sure the fence is unplugged before I mow.

The good news is that if a burglar does try to come over the fence, I can
clearly visualize what my security system will do to him, and THAT gives me
a warm and fuzzy feeling all over, which also reminds me to triple check
before I mow.

Mr. Joe on January 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Isn’t it obvious, if Rush weren’t reaching people he would be Alan Colmes on the radio, would he not?

The bold new America, punish success and prop up failure (stimilus porkiness bill).

Hog Wild on January 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

We conservatives rally around Rush because of the ideas we share in common. The MSM only looks at Rushs tough rhetoric and ignore the ideas he promotes on a daily basis on his show.

If you go to CNN.com Campbell brown and Ali Velshi are trying to lure Rush to a debate. Rush basically called Ali an incompetant idiot and Campbell used that to denigrate Rush further. Rush needs to be more civil to the opposition for the sake of conservatism. Or he will be marginalized for the wrong reasons.

justinok on January 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Rush speaks for the faction of the Republican Party that when put in charge wins elections. The “republicans” who whine about him are RINOS who have lost us the last few elections because they have been running moderates.

wildcat84 on January 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

All I know is Rush should interview that guy with the electric fence on the show some day.

Mr. Joe on January 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Hey Frum, you go play nice with the Dems and let us know how that works out for ya.

CP on January 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM

They flourish and profit to the extent they can polarize and radicalize.

……… I’m sorry, but I guess I missed the last eight years of the Democrats, Media, Hollywood, all marching in lock step for on “POLITICAL” purpose, do I need to give examples?

This is just more of the same……..

……. and the fact that Rush has them in such a tizzy, is proof,

that it is working……..

This article and a roll of toilet paper is only good to wipe your arse with……

Seven Percent Solution on January 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM

this is just silly.

Ampersand on January 30, 2009 at 10:18 PM

This person is trying to knock Limbaugh down from a status that he does not have and never has never had.

MB4 on January 30, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Mr. Joe on January 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I literally laughed so hard I cried. Funny as hell.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Hamlet Act 3, scene 2, 222–230

ronsfi on January 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Horse Sh!t

Kini on January 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

David Frum? Who is he and why should I care?

genso on January 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM

As out of touch with reality as he is I know where he should be – Saint Elizabeths Hospital, 2700 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue Washington, DC 20032.

MB4 on January 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Frum is stupid. How is Rush “extreme”? It’s just ridiculous. When “conservatives” adopt left wing talking points, you know they’re lost in the wilderness.

therightwinger on January 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM

justinok on January 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

It didn’t work to well for McCain, and to my eternal shame, at the I time thought McCain was taking the correct route. But you don’t have to hit me in the head with a brick twice. The left needs to be confronted, exposed, and argued down in every forum and at every opportunity. How that’s accomplished is of minor concern.

Hog Wild on January 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Is Frum dating Noonan and Parker…at the same time?

onlineanalyst on January 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I’m thinking that the “Big Tent” Rinos should take the Dem party back so they can reside in a place more comfortable for themselves and quit screwing conservatives.

jims on January 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM

justinok on January 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Rush needs to keep doing what he does best. The more they attack him, the closer he is to the truth. Screw compromise and civility. These people are dangerous.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I don’t understand why people like Frum, along with others like Sens. Collins and Snowe, just don’t make it official and become Democrats outright. I mean, they have more philosophical differences with the Republicans than they do with the Democrats anyway. I’m a little weary of the “we need to moderate” stuff.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Frum is not exactly popular in the comments over there.

INC on January 30, 2009 at 10:29 PM

He is civil; Rush never swears beyond the occasional “hell”, he allows libs to call in and debate, he doesn’t delve into the lefty crap we have seen for eight years such as hoping for the death of Bush.

If anything, Rush is too civil.

Bishop on January 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Its only Day#10,and so far,

the Obama Administration is

fixated at Full and Complete

Political Destruction of the

Republican Party!

Just think!

That after seething for 8 years,the Liberal Party
instead of fucusing on the economy,and America,

are going to spend their next 4 years,going after
the right,and want full and utter destruction of the
Republican Party!

canopfor on January 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

The GOP will recover only to the extent that it moderates and reaches out.

Moderation is overrated…

elgeneralisimo on January 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM

The further we stray from Rush… and the closer we get to Frum, the longer we will be established as a permanent minority party.
Those who think the McCain wing will save us are delusional.
We must be a BOLD, STARK, and DISTINCT alternative to the liberal Democrats!
Otherwise, what’s the point?

edgehead on January 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM

canopfor on January 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

They were in the wilderness for too long after Newt took over in 1994.

You know damn well that once 2006 gave them back a majority, the ‘rats decided they would do whatever it took to never ever ever never ever never ever be in the minority again.

The libs will bury whomever they need to, including a few of their own (witness Lieberman) in pursuit of that goal.

Bishop on January 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Like I said in the headline comments this morning, reading this, and considering the timing — coming after a week of stories about useless pork barrel spending in the stimulus bill — either Frum’s auditioning for the Bill Kristol conservative pundit vacancy at The New York Times or the man’s been on a Quaalude binge, and is just moving too slowly to get this posted 5-7 days ago, when it might have been borderline defensible to say the GOP should act more moderately with the Obama administration.

jon1979 on January 30, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Clearly a case of Limbaugh envy

Mojave Mark on January 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM

AP rarely criticizes anything Rush says substantively. His only criticism of Rush is that other people don’t like him.

It’s sad, Rush is the most articulate advocate for conservative values in the country, and rather than defend him, AP would rather nip at his heels.

The MSM demonizes Rush, he is percieved as unpopular, and rather than fighting back and defending one of our own, AP helps tear him down.

commodore on January 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM

……. and the fact that Rush has them in such a tizzy, is proof,

that it is working……..

Seven Percent Solution on January 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Ditto.

sherry on January 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM

David Frum, shut the hell up. What exactly do you represent? The sell out wing of the party. And your job.

JeffinOrlando on January 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Sounds like wishful thinking on this idiot’s part.

Metro on January 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM

CP on January 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM

I think he plays with dems on a regular basis. His wife’s a Huffpo correspondent, I believe.

Which would put him solidly in our beta-male, pansy ass, too smart to be conservative GOP elite pundit/blogger platoon.

ExTex on January 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Bishop on January 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I think they’ll destroy themselves in the process. It’s coming, sooner or later.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

David Frum = loser.

Zorro on January 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Frum is a minion of the Hussein. They see Rush as the enemy that could rally conservatives back like Gingrich did during the Clinton years. Remember that Gingrich rallied the GOP to reject the Clinton budget and it was the beginning of the GOP taking the house. If I remember it correctly.

So it seems this is the start of a campaign by the left to silence anyone that would challenge the man-child Hussein. Rush, who would cheer on the GOP to recapturing the House. The Hussein may have won the stimulus bill, but we don’t own any part of it. The Hussein does. It’s failure will in the Hussein’s hands.

It is fear I smell

Kini on January 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Mr. Joe on January 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM

I’m pretty sure he tried to get McCain to come on but he wouldn’t.

Oh wait, you mean the guy with the fence not the guy on the fence. My bad.

Lily on January 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Rush says (paraphrase) he supports the new President, but he does not support his policies………

…….. the MSM only print “I want him to fail!”, without taking him in context.

Now it is a capital crime……

Really………….

Let us turn back the clock just a few clicks, and listen to another in the “Media”……….

With an interesting “Spin” as “Fact”, this Ass-Clown blames President Bush for everything under the sun………

………… if you have eaten diner, please wait at least a half hour before viewing this.

If not, grab an adult beverage, then compare the two……

Propaganda at it’s finest form.

Seven Percent Solution on January 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

rather than fighting back and defending one of our own, AP helps tear him down.

commodore on January 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Yup, in a nutshell.

ExTex on January 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Funny,,, now where have I heard something like that before,,, sounds so eerily similar to,, I know,, sounds just like what Rush said about the Dems,,, “What is good for America is bad for the Democrat party and what is bad for America is good for the Democrat party.”
I guess this guy has been listening to Rush quite a bit.

JellyToast on January 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Rush Limbaugh is not the problem. Pundits like David Frum are the problem. They still believe that “reaching across the aisle” B.S. that McCain peddled.

No. The House Republicans had it right. Stand up, united, and against any attempts to shove liberal socialism down our throats.

The GOP does not need rebranding. The GOP needs to restore its brand, by returning to conservative principles.

DrStock on January 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I choose sooner, my Minnesota wallet is screaming out for relief.

Bishop on January 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

We must be a BOLD, STARK, and DISTINCT alternative to the liberal Democrats!
edgehead on January 30, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Exactly. Voters are going to be looking for an alternative once they take the shaft of this administration for a few years. The GOP has the chance to be that alternative.

DrStock on January 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I can only hope that we have a period of prosperity and civillity and integrity after Obama leaves office (in 4, not 8). There will be nowhere to go but up after he takes us to the edge of hell.

sherry on January 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Trying to find that part about the GOP not allowing divergent points of view, and the part where I, robot-like, take voting cues exclusively from Rush.

Hmmm. Um…nope. Not finding it.

Mike D. on January 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM

This is more of the same dribble that lead the GOP down the path to nowhere! Conservatism is so simple, but yet so many want to complicate these simple principles’ principles that stand the test of time for all whom choose this way of life.

Keemo on January 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Frum has some good ideas in that conservatives should not seek to drive moderates away, as Reagan said as well. I am conservative but I am not going to tell someone that agrees with me 80% of the time they can’t be in my party. That is a sure way to stay in the minority.

goat on January 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Of course not, but that doesn’t mean compromising your principles to woo that 80%er either, right?

hillbillyjim on January 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Mr. Joe on January 30, 2009 at 10:17 PM
I’m pretty sure he tried to get McCain to come on but he wouldn’t.

Oh wait, you mean the guy with the fence not the guy on the fence. My bad.

Lily on January 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Very good Lily!

Mr. Joe on January 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I see the angry eye of Sauron the leftest turning its gaze from Bush to Rush.

Kini on January 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

onlineanalyst on January 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Exactly. Are these things Rush supports good things for the country or not? If they are, get on board. If they aren’t, why not and what things are better?

venividivici on January 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Do you welcome them if they are socially conservative while being fiscal and security liberals or do you welcome them if they are socially liberal while being fiscal and security conservative?

goat on January 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

goat on January 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Gee, it works for Democrats and Lieberman. Moderates go with whoever seems more confident and repeats their message more. Agreeing and disagreeing means nothing to them.

zmdavid on January 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM

“he does not speak for the party as a whole.”

I don’t believe he has ever said he speaks for the Republicans.

SouthernGent on January 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM

hillbillyjim on January 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Of course never sacrafice ones principles lead and include but don’t exclude the 80%er.

goat on January 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM

At some time, some bold party leader will have to confront this dilemma: not by quarreling with Rush or by breaking with him, but by making it clear that our party is bigger than Rush, that it has room for more points of view, and that while Rush may speak for a party faction, he does not speak for the party as a whole.” Allahpundit

“Our party” is a party of weak-kneed pussys that lost their way/power by not adhering to the fiscal conservative values that promised to limit government intervention and control over our daily lives. Individual responsibility and the freedoms that came with this “promise” was tossed aside by the powerbrokers in Washington that fed their greed while turning away from these principals that kept us independent.

Rush didn’t lose sight of these principals, we did. And now the wrath of liberalism/socialism is reining down on a society that once bragged about individualism and the liberties that allowed us to produce not only wealth, but the moral responsibility to not waste it.

I believe that if it were not for Rush Limbaugh, the quest for conservativism, (and the battle to limit government intervention into our daily lives), would have been lost to the “devils” of Marxism/Leninism long ago. While I’ve strayed from Rush over the past decade, I listened to him evolve in Sacramento when he battled the same insane parasites that have infected Washington today. To say “should we embrace him and his convictions or turn away” is folly when we are in need of every resource available to combat an ideology of a nation/state control.

He is not a “God” like our liberal friends embrace our new President. But he is still a great leader and a voice for the conservative values we all cherish. To marginalize Rush in this time of peril is foolish when there are so many on the left that need lambasting.

Rovin on January 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Gallup’s latest polling reveals the continuing collaspe
of the Republican Party base vote.

The news is so very bad…..(partial transcript,from David Frum)

————————————————————————————————————————

So,it appears,or so it seems,that AMERICA and the ECONOMY
will take a back seat,or is actually set-up as a GRAND RUSE
a DISTRACTION,so that the LIBERAL PARTY”S real POLICY is the
EXTRERMINATION of the right,politically speaking of course!

Where in American History,and I might be wrong here,have
the Liberal party,their Lefty operative goons,and the ever
helpful accomplices the MSM,in less than 10 days have gone
after another political party with such contempt,vigour,
and sheer Audacity!

This is so over the top,and in plain view for all to see!

This has got to be Team Ayers/Dohrns/Rahms Socialist Rule
number,silence the other political party from the word go
policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NeverEnding Story of Hopey’s Grand Illusion Perception
/Desception Campaign,with MSM’s help,that its the fault of
the right,

and if only the Republican Party,would just go away,

the plans,and miricles of Hopey/Changey can be implemented!

But,the problem is,for what Liberals believe,and they want
Americans to believe,is that the,

Republicans are in the WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Liberals don’t know it,but they have become a danger
unto themselves,but,whats worse,is the clear and present
danger to Lady Liberty,AMERICA as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 30, 2009 at 10:56 PM

goat on January 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

David Frum is not the enemy. If David Frum gives an alternative in New England, the Upper Mid West, the Pacific Northwest, California, and the Mid Atlantic States to just being Democratic, even if that only results in a few congresspersons or an occasional governor, you will thank him.

Now Noonan, I do not trust Noonan. She envys Sarah Palin. She is a dirty camp follower for Obama.

Mr. Joe on January 30, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Mr Frum….. you no not WTF you’re talking about….

Get of out of the Beltway & try to start a business…. The GOP is losing because they went “left” … spend ,.. spend … spend… The GOP will continue to languish as long as your ideas are listened to…

Freedom…. Freedom from to much Gov, Freedom from the tax collector, Freedom from to many laws,…. Individual rights,
those values transcend race, gender, everything,… all those that value the benefits of freedom from an intrusive Gov, share our values are welcome into the GOP…. Those values are etched in granite… & have nothing to do with Rush Limbaugh… he may believe them… espouse them… but he doesn’t own them… We own them…

Young Americans have not experienced the type of Gov that is now in power…They have never experienced a 70′s type economy, of which is coming…. All they have experienced is the successes of the Ronald Reagan economy, growth & opportunity…. Growth & opportunity…. How old are you Mr. Frum??

History repeats itself… & Lessons will have to be learned all over again….. Unless the GOP returns to the model of less gov & taxes & then lives it… it will expire…

The GOP moving towards a model that is an antithesis to it’s core values… as you are suggesting,… is a recipe for extinction… The GOP needs to be the party of entrepreneurs… Growth & opportunity,.. growth & opportunity….

That is the message that the GOP needs to shout… If you believe in that message, come join the GOP.. we don’t care who you are or what you look like….. come join the party of individual responsibility & Freedom…… Rush has nothing to do with that…

Again… How old are you Mr. Frum?.. what have you experienced that says your thesis is correct……

RaisinsofWrath on January 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM

hillbillyjim on January 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Exactly. And you don’t take the target of the opposition and help them attack them.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I’ve said it before, this just proves I was right the first time.

Screw Frum! With pussies like this guy who needs Markos?

Speakup on January 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I listen to Rush often enough to know he never advocates driving someone out of the party. He instead tries to bring them along in baby steps if that’s what it takes.

goat on January 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Rush was a big reason why Huckabee lost in the Republican primaries. Limbo lied about Mike on his radio program and it cost Huck alot of support. Huck didn’t fit in with Rush’s crowd and uh, the hate on Huck is history. Thus, Rush Limbo helped ruin America’s chance of getting a President who will deal with their needs and not only Wall Streets and the Insiders. He is no friend of grassroots conservatives. $$$ ruined him.

apacalyps on January 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

rather than fighting back and defending one of our own, AP helps tear him down.

commodore on January 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM

A lovely lad
A cursed cad
Oh, he’s a saint
He ain’t!
That plucky nonpareil
That bloody swell
What is Allahpundit up to, do tell?

PercyB on January 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

goat on January 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I welcome all that vote for the conservative candidates on the ticket, and don’t try to tell me to change my philosophy in order to “include” more folks.

If I give up Position A in order to get one group, then why not B and C…? You see where I’m going.

hillbillyjim on January 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM

The last time the Liberals were drunk with power,
Newt was asked to leave the back of the plane,
or Barney Frank,bang’n away with his gavel,’who’s
in charge now’!

canopfor on January 30, 2009 at 11:01 PM

goat on January 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Exactly.

You need some moderates in some places where more traditional and strict conservatives won’t win.

Reagan was able to use them to his advantage and he shaped the agenda. He led like a conservative, people followed. Reagan Dems followed.

Unfortunately, our elected conservatives failed. They let the moderates shape the agenda. Ass backwards

blatantblue on January 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

hillbillyjim on January 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Right on. Win or lose, you stand on principle. Giving up your core beliefs just to get along means you lose twice.

genso on January 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Gawd, don’t surprise link Politico, David Frum or the NYT without a skull and crossbones!

chunderroad on January 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM

apacalyps on January 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

If you think Huckabee ever had a chance of being elected, you’re delusional.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Just keep picturing Rahm Emanuel stabbing a table with a knife and Know that the Dems do not respect civil. They do, however, cower when the beacon of truth shines on them, and that is why the Left wants to demonize/marginalize Rush. They fear him.

Seriously, have you ever heard a Republican say he was leaving the party in order to become a Dem because of Rush Limbaugh?

onlineanalyst on January 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM

RaisinsofWrath on January 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Many folks see social conservatives as seeking to take away freedom. I am socially conservative but that is rarely if ever my basis for voting for a candidate. I vote yes on socially conservative ballot issues but I choose fiscal and security issues when picking a candidate.

goat on January 30, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I dont know if we should “give up” out principles. But maybe give up keeping loudmouth, arrogant blowhards the keys to the car and letting him drive.

Squid Shark on January 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Mr. Joe on January 30, 2009 at 10:56 PM

The problem with that is that people like Frum seem to think that you win those Northeastern etc voters (an iffy proposition) by cutting Southerners and Midwesterners loose. Shrewd.

They simply don’t want to be in the same party with the Bible-thumping hoi polloi. Thus the distaste for Palin. The ideas of Frum et al would result in Democratic Parties I and II.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 11:08 PM