Poll: 55% of Republicans think GOP should be more like Palin

posted at 6:40 pm on January 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Versus just 24 percent who think it should be more like McCain. On whether the party has been too moderate or too conservative, it’s 43/17. No surprise there, but maybe one here:

Unaffiliated voters are much more closely divided. Thirty-nine percent (39%) say the party has been too conservative over the past eight years, while 34% think it’s been too moderate. For 14%, the party’s been about right, and 13% are undecided.

Regarding the future of the party, 46% of unaffiliated voters say follow Sarah Palin, while 26% like McCain…

For McCain, unaffiliateds break 10% Very Favorable and eight percent (8%) Very Unfavorable. But 35% of unaffiliated voters have a Very Favorable opinion of Palin, compared to 15% who have a Very Unfavorable view.

Conservatives might be overrepresented among unaffiliated/independents at the moment due to disaffection with Bush having driven them out of the tent. That would explain why Palin’s “very favorable” rating is so much higher than Maverick’s among a group normally thought of as centrist, which splits narrowly on whether the GOP’s been too conservative or too moderate. I figure nearly everyone who answered yes to the latter also gave Sarahcuda sky-high approval. Like, for example, the Nuge! Exit question one: Can we infer from this data that 55 percent of Republicans also think the GOP should be more like Huckabee? Exit question two: Time for a Democratic rethink on that Limbaugh strategy?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

A grocery store in Southern Calif. Sorry, I didn’t consider that they were regional. His degree was from the University of California at Santa Barbara.

Rose on January 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Thanks for info.

Cindy Munford on January 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Noneya is a gay female who is estranged from parts of her religious family. Although she seems to have a good relationship with her siblings and their children so she should remove the overly large chip from her shoulder accept the love given to her like the rest of us. We would probably like her if she would quit spewing silly talking points.

Cindy Munford on January 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

No, I don’t think you can. Because of the poor phrasing of the question I would probably have answered with the majority; even so, I tend to think that although Palin is a talented politician with a lot to offer, I don’t think the not very well educated, evangelical governor of an unimportant state is the way forward for us. And Mike Huckabee is wrong for the exact same reasons, only much, much worse.

The day that nimrod’s star begins to rise in this party is the day I am outta here.

Infidoll on January 30, 2009 at 7:41 PM

The election of Obama shows that the country is ready to move on from the culture wars, but you guys are determined to go all-in. Go ahead, it’s worked just great for you in ‘06 and ‘08.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. Did you say the same thing when Bush won the last two elections? Your own words prove you to be an arrogant, self-centered, tunnel-visioned twit.

Rod on January 30, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Yes, Sarah is on track … The beacon of hope.

tarpon on January 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I hope these Republicans mean more MILF-ier.

…And not in terms of politics.

Opinionnation on January 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I hope these Republicans mean more MILF-ier GILF-ier.

…And not in terms of politics.

Opinionnation on January 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM

fixed……

Ampersand on January 30, 2009 at 7:48 PM

when are you guys gonna realize the 80’s are over?

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM

As soon as you guys realize the 60’s are over. So Never.

portlandon on January 30, 2009 at 7:09 PM

*Applause* *Applause* *Applause*

INC on January 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I have a degree in political science, and I know a dying party when I see one. This is not the America of the 80’s, this is the new multi-cultural, more secular America, and the drubbing you guys have taken in the last 2 elections proves just that.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

That and a buck and a half will get you a cup of coffee at a seven eleven. You’ve been ill-served by your professors–you should sue and get your money back. You also betray a basic ignorance of history.

People were saying much the same thing about the Democrats in 2004 after they imploded. Political parties in the US undergo a constant process of evolution and change. The Democratic Party of 2008 bears little resemblance to the Democrats of ten years ago–much less 20…30 years ago–but then, you’re probably not used to thinking much beyond last year. I’d say we saw the Republican Party take an important step towards revitalization with the House standing united against Porkulus and today with the election of Steele as RNC Chair.

Is this country becoming “multicultural and secular”? This country has always been multicultural in that there has always been a diversity of ethnic and religious groups. Now, what has changed is a growing reluctance of newer immigrants to assimilate into the general culture and this is a worrisome trend as it could well lead to future ethnic strife. Multiculturalism is an incredibly insidious and dangerous policy and we’re seeing how destructive it is in Europe now. As for this country becoming more secular. I would again disagree. Those who are becoming more secular are those living mostly in major cities–go out in “flyover country” and you’ll find that faith still plays a prominent role in most people’s lives. You have a rather narrow perspective for someone who prides yourself on being “enlightened and educated”. I would strongly recommend that you leave your cocoon for a year or so and go out and tour the country–go out into rural areas as well as cities. Talk to blue collar workers, go into small town coffee shops and restaurants–and I’m not talking about Starbucks–talk to people who shop in and work in Walmarts. I think you’ll find that with a broader perspective, you’ll find that you’re not as wise as you think you are.

Finally, I think that your problem as a leftie is that you think in terms of the collective or group identity and not in terms of the rational individual. Also, you’re ruled by emotion and not reason. Hence you stereotype and categorize. All conservatives must be narrow-minded, white, heterosexual, male oppressors. A Michael Steele or a Sarah Palin creates a disconnect in your mind. Said individual must be either corrupted, misled, or naive. You cannot conceive that someone belonging to an “oppressed group” would make a rational choice through an evaluation of arguments and positions to become conservative. Again, go out and talk to some of those people you probably look down your nose at–you might find that they can even teach a political science graduate a thing or two about life and wisdom.

Matt Helm on January 30, 2009 at 7:52 PM

IDK why you’re so convinced America has changed so fundamentally and is now a secular nation. I don’t see any evidence of this.

blatantblue on January 30, 2009 at 7:16 PM

how about the fact that 18-29 year olds preferred Obama over McCain by 2 to 1?

also: 25 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds now identify with no religion

oh, and they also strongly support gay marriage.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I told you ..

I know she isnt as (well traveled as most senators)
Since she actually tries to do her job by
STAYING in her office and working…

But the libs cant stand her because she has more balls than they do.. and thats the men including franks..

Sad but true..

So now the public sees the absolute Spineless so called conservatives we have and they are asking themselves

Where are the real men?
and NO
Hillary, pelozi and all-bright
DONT COUNT…

jcila on January 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Ya gotta love Allah-

This on the James Carvill poll of Rush:

The data suggests that Limbaugh’s already been marginalized, which is a hard fact for conservative partisans to swallow

And This on the we love Sarah poll:

So- for all us thick-skulled conservative types – Polls are only correct WHEN THEY SUPPORT ALLAH’s already held view.

ExTex on January 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM

AP, would you PLEASE go educate yourself on Huckabee’s record? You keep trying to peddle him as a conservative and he is absolutely not one.

NoLeftTurn on January 30, 2009 at 7:59 PM

how about the fact that 18-29 year olds preferred Obama over McCain by 2 to 1?

also: 25 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds now identify with no religion

oh, and they also strongly support gay marriage.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Meh. You know the saying. If you’re not a lib when young you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative when old you have no brain. And the fact is that the young don’t really vote in anywhere near the numbers people over 29 do.

Ampersand on January 30, 2009 at 8:00 PM

18-29 year olds preferred Obama over McCainliving with their parents by 2 to 1?

Cindy Munford on January 30, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Bets on Noneya’s age?

Y-not on January 30, 2009 at 7:33 PM

30′s

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I have a degree in political science…

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Doesn’t everybody?

Connie on January 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

how about the fact that 18-29 year olds preferred Obama over McCain by 2 to 1?

also: 25 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds now identify with no religion

oh, and they also strongly support gay marriage.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Let’s see…

When I was 18 to 29, I was a card-carrying liberal. Campaigned for John Anderson in 1980, voted for Clinton in 92 and 96. I grew older, got a job and family, started paying taxes. Witnessed 9/11, reread my Locke, Hume, Burke, Jefferson, Madison, and Hamilton, rethought Ronald Reagan’s legacy, and became conservative through a rational and real life experiential process.

When I was 18 to 29, I was a card carrying agnostic/atheist. Again, I got older, got a family, saw that there was a lot of sense in the teachings of my parents–especially their making me go to church every Sunday and reacquainted myself with the Bible and also with the writings of such men and women as St. Thomas Kempis, Martin Luther, John Calvin, Erasmus, St. Augustine, St. Thomas Aquinas, and others and rediscovered my faith. With age came a small measure of wisdom.

Gay Marriage? I have no problem with it–I take the Lockean position that marriage is not a sacrament, rather it is a social contract and as such, the terms can be renegotiated by society. But that’s the key–it must be society that agrees to the change–it cannot be imposed. I contend that gay marriage should be a local/state issue to be determined by the people either through referendum or through their elective assemblies.

Matt Helm on January 30, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I have a degree in political science…

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Fever induced delusions do not count as a “degree”.

RalphyBoy on January 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Rod on January 30, 2009 at 7:42 PM

that last word is misspelled

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on January 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

please please please take that hard right turn and nominate Sarah in 2012, your party is imploding and that will finish it off for good….

You’ve got to be kidding me.

therightwinger on January 30, 2009 at 6:55 PM

rightwinger, it`s analogous to a child saying “there are NO monsters in the closet”.

NY Conservative on January 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Bets on Noneya’s age?

Y-not on January 30, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Age isn’t the issue. Libs never become adults.

Cody1991 on January 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I used to be a Huckabee supporter but I’m not anymore. Now I support Palin because she is truly a Conservative and her Christian cred is 100%. So I believe a lot of us Huckabee supporters defected to a true conservative Republican on that August day that McCain introduced us to Palin…

CCRWM on January 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM

how about the fact that 18-29 year olds preferred Obama over McCain by 2 to 1?

Like I said earlier 18-29 year-olds (a group which I’m a part of) have no sense of party loyalty. Yes they voted for Obama but that doesn’t guarantee they will vote Democrat in 2,4, or 8 years. If I’m not mistaken Obama got the young evangelical vote. I wouldn’t be surprised if that is one group fails to keep in 2012.

terryannonline on January 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM

People change as they grow older and hopefully wiser. Of course, some people never grow wiser regardless of how old they get ie: Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, Barack Obama, Noneya

Matt Helm on January 30, 2009 at 8:12 PM

You might as well use reason and logic on an eggplant, Matt.

hillbillyjim on January 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

This whole moderate-conservative spectrum bothers me. As far as I’m concerned, either you are conservative, or you are not. Under no circumstances should I have to embrace beliefs that are not my own simply in the name of “diversity” and “inclusiveness.”

The democrats have made huge inroads in the last couple of years brooking absolutely no opposition to their radically liberal school-of-thought. We don’t have to be that intolerant, but can’t we at least start by agreeing that there are some things that Republicans have done in the last eight years, as a party, that were just plain wrong?

gryphon202 on January 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

EVERYONE SHOULD IGNORE THIS NONEYA THING.

IT IS NOT LIKE US. IT THRIVES ON SUFFERING. IT BELIEVES ITSELF TO BE BETTER THAN US.

IT SHOULD BE TREATED THE SAME WAY THE LEFT HAS TREATED US.

IT HAS NO SOUL. IT HAS NO HEART. IT IS NOT INTELLIGENT. IT DESERVES NO ATTENTION.

And tomorrow will be a brand new day.

madmonkphotog on January 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

“More Like Palin” means embarrassingly stupid and uninformed, right? But I guess the party of Bush embraces that kind of stuff.

Enjoy the wilderness, at least Sarah is looking out for Putin for you!

Vernon Hardapple on January 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Please use another picture of Sarah next time!!!!

Coastal Paradise on January 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Ok, I guess I’m among that 55%. I believe both parties have shifted to the left, I could give a rats behind what the dems do, but I wish the Republicans could get back to their fundamental, well grounded, roots.

4shoes on January 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM

But I guess the party of Bush embraces that kind of stuff.

Bush is smart man. He’s not dumb or uniformed. He happened to be president during 24 hour news/blogs, which means that every gaffe he made was blown out of proportion. Believe me in four years we will have plenty of Obama gaffes to choose from.

terryannonline on January 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Enjoy the wilderness, at least Sarah is looking out for Putin for you!

Vernon Hardapple on January 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

yup, when Putin rears his head Sarah can see it from her house.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Palin has strong conservative values and has that rare gift of being able to capture a crowd’s attention. I was impressed with her public speaking skills from the day that McCain announced her as his VP candidate. And she was absolutely amazing at the Republican convention. She moved that entire crowd and all the non-libs that were watching her on tv. I hope she does her homework over the next few years and expands her world view. If she does, she will be a force to be reckoned with. Can’t wait for 2012. I’ll donate lots of money and time!!

Callie C. on January 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM

yup, when Putin rears his head Sarah can see it from her house.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM

And Nancy Pelosi thinks passing out contraceptives is a way to stimulate the economy. You have no Pelosi jokes for me?

terryannonline on January 30, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Any reason you overlooked this, AP?

Even right before Election Day, Republicans were happier with Palin, their vice presidential candidate, than with their presidential nominee McCain.

Just after losing the election, 69% Republican voters said Palin helped McCain’s bid for the presidency, and nearly two-thirds said she should be the party’s 2012 presidential nominee. Sixty-five percent (65%) of GOP voters had a Very Favorable view of her at that time.

You know, I think there’s a reason Huck wasn’t in the poll. He doesn’t have the momentum, at least at this point, to mount a serious run.

cs89 on January 30, 2009 at 9:07 PM

If Noneya was sincere then it would be worth it to try to explain to her why we have our beliefs. But she isn’t. She is a bitter and angry lesbian who feels rejected because,, though most of us woud not have a problem with civil unions she wants marriage foolishly thinking that if man changes a law God will have to accept it. It’s all about her anger at having homosexual feelings she knows deep down will lead to her condemnation. She is mad at most of us because we won’t say it’s okay and normal…not out of hate but out of love for someone we dont’ want to be lost…

CCRWM on January 30, 2009 at 9:14 PM

also: 25 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds now identify with no religion

oh, and they also strongly support gay marriage.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

If 25 % identify with no religion, doesn’t that mean that 75% do identify with some religion? In this “secular” nation?

I second the opinion above- math might have been a better major.

cs89 on January 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Callie C. on January 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Have you gone to SarahPac yet?

CCRWM on January 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Noneya, I think will live a much more free life if you rid of yourself of the hostility you hold to religion and conservatives. Shouldn’t we all be uniting right now!

terryannonline on January 30, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Callie C. on January 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Have you gone to SarahPac yet?

CCRWM on January 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Of course. I’ve already saved it to my favorites!!

Callie C. on January 30, 2009 at 9:19 PM

I put our $4600 in a CD so that whatever O does to the economy I’ll have that war fund. I plan to volunteer now as soon as the word is out…

CCRWM on January 30, 2009 at 9:21 PM

terryannonline on January 30, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Nancy “We can borrow and spend but not drill our way out of this” Pelosi? She who doesn´t know that natural gas is a fossil fuel? What a genius!

el gordo on January 30, 2009 at 9:21 PM

My goodness, another commenter mentioned recently how the Sarah Palin threads really brings out the trolls/troll-like behavior… How right they were.

4shoes on January 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Heartbreak

Versus just 24 percent who think it should be more like McCain.

Blogger on the losing side, again.

james23 on January 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I am immensly proud that the former Lt Governor from my home state of Maryland is now the head of the GOP. I’m with you, Mr. Steele! Make us proud again!

bryan2369 on January 30, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Sarah can become the Right’s Messiahette. We can praise her principles to the skies, we can admire her down to earth approach to issues, we can admire her integrity and honesty, we can admire her committment to doing what’s best for the country, we can admire her lack of hypocrisy–in short, she can become the anti-Obama–praise Sarah!

jeanie on January 30, 2009 at 9:48 PM

yup, when Putin rears his head Sarah can see it from her house.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Attention libs. SNL is NOT a news source.

Ampersand on January 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I’m going to donate my stimulus money to Sarah if she runs. The Dems owe it to her after the way she was treated.

jeanie on January 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM

I have a degree in political science

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

you shouldn’t advertise when your head is up your butt

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on January 30, 2009 at 10:03 PM

terryannonline on January 30, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Pelosi is also clueless as to where natural gas comes from. (Some anal vent?) Perfect for Obama voters.

yup, when Putin rears his head Sarah can see it from her house.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Attention libs. SNL is NOT a news source.

Ampersand on January 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Neither is MSNBC, but hey, let’s not strain their brains too much.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM

The Cuda is the only politician I trust anymore besides Tancredo.

CUDA/TANCREDO 2012!

Metro on January 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM

how about the fact that 18-29 year olds preferred Obama over McCain by 2 to 1?

also: 25 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds now identify with no religion

oh, and they also strongly support gay marriage.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

1. McCain was an unattractive candidate. Besides, after a year of Obama’s masterly handling of the economy, we’ll see how these people feel.

2. All of those in that age group will find God in the next year after some time with Obama, Pelosi, Reid, et al. running the show.

3. Obama opposes gay marriage–unless, of course, he’s lying.

As soon as Republicans begin acting like adults and leave their childish Democratic ways behind, we’ll right this ship.

BuckeyeSam on January 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM

What “culture wars”? Social issues didn’t play that big a role in the last campaign, except for the left’s psychotic loathing of Palin for not having had the decency to abort a Downs syndrome child.

What goes around comes around. We’ll see how your Republicans-as-endangered-species b.s. plays out in 2010.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM

And oh yeah, Noneya, Prop 8 passed in blue, blue California.

ddrintn on January 30, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Noneya
Somehow I doubt you were doing so much pissing and whining when the Dims got their butts kicked in 2002 and 2004. The main reason we lost is because McCain was a horrible candidate and conservatives in Congress were being too liberal with our money.

Speedwagon82 on January 30, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Poll: 55% of Republicans think GOP should be more like Palin. Can we infer from this data that 55 percent of Republicans also think the GOP should be more like Huckabee?

Absolutely! That’s right! You read correctly. Huckabee, as well as Palin, are very similar in their conservative values and anyone who believes otherwise is deluding themselves. And if you have read this far, then you agree to agree with everything in this message. Thank you.

apacalyps on January 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM

yup, when Putin rears his head Sarah can see it from her house.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Wow, someone mistaking SNL for real life.

At least the Guv can correctly differentiate a door from a window.

Jim62sch on January 30, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I love Governor Palin, I wish NH had one like her. I would love to see more like her in the RNC.

Mooseman on January 30, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Jim62sch on January 30, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Nicely done, sir. That picture still cracks me up.

meltenn on January 30, 2009 at 11:45 PM

I am starting to develop a real liking for Rep. Cantor-R,Virginia.

Cindy Munford on January 31, 2009 at 12:40 AM

how about the fact that 18-29 year olds preferred Obama over McCain by 2 to 1?

also: 25 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds now identify with no religion

oh, and they also strongly support gay marriage.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

With age comes wisdom.

Johan Klaus on January 31, 2009 at 12:49 AM

30’s

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Sure.

Johan Klaus on January 31, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Quit feeding the noneya-troll. She is nothing but a “spouter” with a keyboard. All she is capable of doing is spouting off a talking point that she heard on MSNBC or some other liberal hack attack network/website. She has never made a reasoned post in all her time on HA. It’s a quick, one-liner and then back to the pit that is her miserable life. She is typical of why liberal talk shows and networks fail every time they are tried. I’ve never seen or heard one that has reasonable expression of ideas and principles. It’s just talking point, talking point, Bush is evil, talking point, Palin’s a c u next thursday, talking point, etc.

rmel80 on January 31, 2009 at 1:14 AM

Sarah Palin = Life cereal and I’m Mikey..

Gohawgs on January 31, 2009 at 1:31 AM

I wonder what would happen if the Republicans went back to a strong campaign based on “get the government’s nose out of my life.”

{^_^}

herself on January 31, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Of course, if given a choice between Palin and McCain, even I would go for Palin! And this comes from a person who’s not a Palin fan at all.

Very happy to see the rest of this poll’s results, especially wrt the party being too moderate or too conservative. Looks like our side is waking up to the fact that RINOs destroy our party and that we need to take it back to its conservative principles. Glad to see a silver lining, just hope the cloud isn’t too dark…

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 31, 2009 at 4:01 AM

how about the fact that 18-29 year olds peolpe who never had an MRI preferred Obama over McCain by 2 to 1?

Fixed and more accurate

A Free Neurology MRI for all Liberals should be added to the Economic Stimulus Bill.

It’s more economical to find out what the hell is wrong with Liberals than it is to vote them into office.

BDU-33 on January 31, 2009 at 5:28 AM

This business about undecideds makes sense when you realize “there is no center”. There is no center ideology between conservatism and liberalism/Marxism. The “center” is full of people who don’t know much about politics, and who may be attracted by either a charismatic conservative or a charismatic liberal. It is no surprise that they are highly attracted to Sarah Palin and ambivalent toward John McCain. I’ll bet they’re also highly favorable toward Barack Obama.

joe_doufu on January 31, 2009 at 5:33 AM

Only 55%?

Sarah Palin is exactly what America needs in their elected officials.

She has Alaska in a good economic position after she made the decision not to spend a couple billion surplus.

She challenges corruption, runs an ethical administration, cuts spending, saves money, hunts, rocks a pair of Kawaski 704′s and supports American energy initiatives.

Oh, and she was born in the USA.

Mr Purple on January 31, 2009 at 6:06 AM

I love Sarah Palin! She drives liberals and the press crazier than anyone since Ronald Reagan and that is ok by me!

sabbott on January 31, 2009 at 6:20 AM

also: 25 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds now identify with no religion

oh, and they also strongly support gay marriage.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I stopped listening to are arguing with hard left liberals years ago. They are silly and boring. They simply spout the crap they are given by the DNC, ACORN and other various socialist organizations. Non of them have ever had a thought of their own. They simply reproduce drivel given to them by the “Party”… And we wonder how communism thrives even to this day…

sabbott on January 31, 2009 at 6:24 AM

sabbott on January 31, 2009 at 6:20 AM

I adore Govern Sarah Palin. The Libtards fear her to a great degree. That is why they go to such lengths to tell lies and have temper tantrums.

Geochelone on January 31, 2009 at 6:26 AM

BDU-33 on January 31, 2009 at 5:28 AM

There is only one problem with your idea. A brain scan presupposed the existence of a brain. But otherwise the plan should be implemented at once.

Geochelone on January 31, 2009 at 6:29 AM

sabbott on January 31, 2009 at 6:24 AM

You are a wise man.

Geochelone on January 31, 2009 at 6:30 AM

Noneya

Speedwagon82 on January 30, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I thought this was very well put. Thanks.

And let’s agree: people such as Gov. Palin and Rep. Cantor and many of the remaining Republicans (not the squishes) represent what’s always been good about this country and what, I hope, will always be good about this country. And contrary to popular belief, there’s far more tolerance on the right than there ever will be on the left.

When push comes to shove, if you have a tough job to do and you need to go shoulder to shoulder with someone to do it, who do you want working with you? I’ll take the conservative, who won’t be looking at his or her watch impatiently awaiting the next-scheduled break.

BuckeyeSam on January 31, 2009 at 7:45 AM

AP, I hope you will find better pictures of Sarah here…http://www.alaskastock.com/resultsframe.asp

Compliments of a blogger on TeamSarah

Cheers!

DanaSmiles on January 31, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Palin should do herself and her family a favor and say screw the rest of the country and just run Alaska. Why the hell go to the White House and be destroyed? Its a job no one should want any more. She’s a fine lady and deserves better and the Presidency isn’t a place for a decent person any longer. Thats why who’s in there is in there now. Its an awful thing to have to say but this country its offices have truely gone to hell.

johnnyU on January 31, 2009 at 8:19 AM

how about the fact that 18-29 year olds preferred Obama over McCain by 2 to 1?

I’m among the 1.

also: 25 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds now identify with no religion

oh, and they also strongly support gay marriage.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Sick. I’m among the 75% on the first and the sane percent on the second.

Aronne on January 31, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Any poli-sci graduate who is unaware of the Pendulum Swing of Politics is not near as smart as they think they are.

snickelfritz on January 31, 2009 at 8:25 AM

BuckeyeSam on January 31, 2009 at 7:45 AM

I am experiencing grow respect for Rep. Cantor. Early days yet but I like it when someone has the guts to take a snarky shot at the opposition.

Cindy Munford on January 31, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Is the Palin winking photo the best you can do? MSNBC wouldn’t be so amateurish in their diatribes on Palin.

volsense on January 31, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Exit question two: Time for a Democratic rethink on that Limbaugh strategy?

Hell no! We WANT to get/keep conservatives energized.

DannoJyd on January 31, 2009 at 10:11 AM

at least Sarah is looking out for Putin for you!

Vernon Roadapple on January 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Which is a good thing, since Putin alreeady has the new Euroweenie President’s nuts in a jar on his desk. It took the Girlieman from Kenya only, what, a week to start rolling back the missile defense in Europe? This bigeared weenie makes Jimmah Carter look like a stand up guy.

james23 on January 31, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Mrs. Palin’s honesty, integrity, common sense, willingness to burn corrupt politicians and excellent aim with a firearm, trump any crap anyone can say about her.

She puts forward true conservative ideals and backs them up with action. I can support her for President ANY DAY. She, unlike the rest of the crap swirling around that toilet called DC, actually achieved something.

dogsoldier on January 31, 2009 at 11:18 AM

yup, when Putin rears his head Sarah can see it from her house.

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Uuuh Noneya, Sarah palin didn’t say that she could see Russia from Her house.If you’re going to quote people
do some research first.She said some people in Alaska can see Russia from where they live…..maybe you should continue your education

norryrr on January 31, 2009 at 11:45 AM

how about the fact that 18-29 year olds preferred Obama over McCain by 2 to 1?

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

If you actually do have the degree you claim you do, certainly you know that younger people always trend liberal. This isn’t news, and it doesn’t last.

As to the polling, haven’t we always heard that we’re a center right country? Surely that explains it easy enough if true.

Esthier on January 31, 2009 at 11:51 AM

How old are you? Eighteen? You are woefully ignorant of American History and politics.

Blake on January 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I have a degree in political science,…..

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I guess that means twenty two?

TugboatPhil on January 31, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I have a degree in political science,…..

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Gosh, what do you know, I have one of those too.

That degree and 5 bucks will get you cup of coffee in Starbucks.

peterargus on January 31, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Believe me in four years months we will have plenty of Obama gaffes to choose from.

terryannonline on January 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM

FIFY.

platypus on January 31, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I am very much a rino but I wouldn’t want one in the Oval Office. Gov Palin in 2012 would make a great fit. If she can maintain her beliefs and integrity on corruption in government as well as her core common sense, she would make a very good choice for POTUS.
If we had a rino in the office (McCain) too many policies would end up in the librul column.

oakpack on January 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Whither the GOP? Consider cHillary in 2012 and/or 2016.

The only chance she has for a ’12 nomination is to beat Obambi in the next primaries. Only a failed BHO admin could set such a stage. In that case, what hope does she have of winning the national election against the likes of a competent conservative? Beat out by BHO in ’08 thus denying her chance to “break” the glass ceiling, only to see Palin be the 1st Woman POTUS in ’12 would be devastating to her. After all, either BHO succeeds & goes for a second term or he loses his reelection bid in the ’12.

Her earliest realistic chance wouldn’t come until 2016. Think HRC looks rough now, wait till she’s a cackling 70-year old hag. By then the only “first” then available to her would be to pose as the Virtual Hispanic, just Slick Willy was the 1st “Virtual Black”. Alternatively, she might shoot for being the 1st Lesbo. Either way, would America, could America, be ready to accept a shrivelled-as-MadAlien-DimLight Ice Queen? I doubt it.

At this point, her only hope for change is to replace Obambi by hook or crook and sooner than later at that. Otherwise, she’ll have to plan for a return to the Senate in 2016. Then again, maybe a seat on the Supreme Court. Nowthat’s a change that gives me the chills.

Bottomline, the GOP needs to be more like Palin and less like the perpetually bent-over bi-partisan wusses that led us to ruin in the first place. Only then can conservatives begin to regain ground on lost congressional seats in 2010 and beyond. Whether Palin is elected to ascend to the Oval Office is beside the point. Conservatives can’t win by being like McVain, but we can win by being more like Palin.

AH_C on January 31, 2009 at 5:42 PM

So, tell me, as a “conservative”, why should I run to Palin? Sure, she’s a woman (meaningless to me), she’s a former beauty queen (and?), a lifelong member of the NRA (well, tickle me pink), she likes hunting (So? I’m not looking for another hunting buddy), her Dad was a school teacher (Swell. Well my Dad is an electrician. I don’t much care about her Dad. What are her views of state-run education?), her son’s in the Army (Cool, I’ll be sure to say hi if I see him), she’s the head of her state’s National Guard (Great, aren’t all governors? It’s not like she’s involved with training plan development, etc.), pro-life (Oh good, finally a policy point), shares McCain’s views of Russian aggression in Georgia (Oh, so she also supports lots of talk, little action, alienating more of our allies?), supports the surge (Wonderful. I’m glad she’s figured out the value of this operational/strategic idea. So what are her War on Terror policy ideas?), shot down some pork (Good to hear. What are her thoughts on taxation, role of gov’t, state vs. federal roles, etc.), supports McCain’s solution to the immigration problem, is a feminist (by the way: socialism and feminism are inextricably linked)… I could go on, but I think you all get my point. Show me, don’t tell me she’s a “conservative”. Show me, don’t tell me, she’s good for this country. I care not for extraneous dribble, which is what most talk surrounding this woman is.

Send_Me on January 31, 2009 at 6:57 PM

The real reasons Palin’s fav’s are so high is cause she’s a likable person, even I love her – and I stayed home in November.

abobo on January 31, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Send_Me on January 31, 2009 at 6:57 PM

How are socialism and feminism “inextricably linked”? On the one hand, feminism is the belief in the right of women to have political, social and economic equality with men. While socialism refers to a broad set of economic theories of social organization advocating state or collective ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods, and a society characterized by equal opportunities for all individuals with a fair or egalitarian method of compensation. What does one have to do with the other?

chunderroad on February 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Send_Me on January 31, 2009 at 6:57 PM

A woman elected as POTUS is historical. That is newsworthy and an achievement for our country. There are some countries where women have only recently won the right to vote, and in others they are forced to have abortions, tortured or killed.

She entered beauty pageants to pay her way through college. She also won basketball championships. Beautiful, poised and competitive are pluses.

She supports the Second Amendment. That is important to many voters, and the NRA is a strong endorsement.

Her father was a schoolteacher. He taught science. She is not a creationist like some say. Education has also been a priority for her. As governor, she has increased funding for all services and most notably, those that tend to be under-served like special needs programs and teen outreach.

Her son is in the Army serving in Iraq. You should say ‘hi’ to him, if you’re over there. Thank you for serving America. We’re all proud of our troops, and it’s especially comforting when your CIC can personally relate to all the family members off our armed service personnel. They have sacrificed a great deal. Sarah Palin also visited wounded troops in Landstuhl, Germany on her way from checking on the Alaskan National Guard stationed in Kuwait. She had just won the election for Governor at the time.

Pro-life is her personal position. She supports a culture of life, which is technically part of the GOP platform.

Sarah Palin met Saakashvili, and she believes Georgia and Ukraine should be accepted into NATO. She thinks we should intervene on their behalf against Russian aggression, since they are key regional democracies.

She supported the surge. Obama and Biden did not and even argued that it didn’t succeed.

As a conservative, she believes in a strong national defense, limited government and fiscal restraint. Her record is exceptionally good on these issues, and she can explain her record when she’s up for reelection or running in a primary.

chunderroad on February 1, 2009 at 1:23 AM

How are socialism and feminism “inextricably linked”?
chunderroad on February 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Good question. First, I’d recommend watching this 1-hour film on the topic. Here are few quotes before I explain the connection:

“We must now say proudly and without any exaggeration that apart from Soviet Russia, there is not a country in the world where women enjoy full equality and where women are not placed in the humiliating position felt particularly in day-to-day family life. This is one of our first and most important tasks…. Housework is the most unproductive, the most barbarous and the most arduous work a woman can do. It is exceptionally petty and does not include anything that would in any way promote the development of the woman…The building of socialism will begin only when we have achieved the complete equality of women and when we undertake the new work together with women who have been emancipated from that petty stultifying, unproductive work…. We are setting up model institutions, dining-rooms and nurseries, that will emancipate women from housework…. These institutions that liberate women from their position as household slaves are springing up where it is in any way possible.” ~ V.I. Lenin, The Task of the Working Women’s Movement in the Soviet Republic, 1919.

“The chief thing is to get women to take part in socially productive labor, to liberate them from ‘domestic slavery,’ to free them from their stupefying and humiliating subjugation to the eternal drudgery of the kitchen and the nursery. This struggle will be a long one, and it demands a radical reconstruction, both of social technique and of morale. But it will end in the complete triumph of Communism.” ~ V.I. Lenin, International Working Women’s Day Speech, 1920.

In order for socialism to work (i.e. state control, a wanting by the population for the state to care for them), the Judeo-Christian-model of the family must go. If families look to the father/husband as their protector, provider, and priest (as per Ephesians 5, among other texts), as opposed to the state, then socialism will never work. A Judeo-Christian culture is too hostile to such an idea of relying on the state vs. the family patriarch. So, under the guise of equality, feminism has sought to destroy the home by driving a wedge between the wife/mother and family. Men, according to the Bible, are to lead the home, to love their wives as Christ loves the Church, and be the priest, protector and provider of the home. Women, according to the Bible, are to be their husband’s helpmate, the keeper of the home, the mother of her children. Feminism seeks to get women out of the home in order to double the workforce of the nation. Feminism seeks to subvert the Biblical model for home and church leadership by encouraging mothers to abdicate their role as mothers to the state (i.e. daycare, state-run education). No longer are men the voices of their families at the city gates. The reason women couldn’t vote before was not because of a lack of value on their part: far from it. Men should value their wives’ input. It was meant that the family was the smallest political “unit”, not the individual. A family would speak in one voice, with the father/husband at the city gates saying, “I represent the ___ family, and we stand for ___.”
I’m sure you’ve heard the W.R. Wallace’s saying, “A mightier power and stronger Man from his throne has hurled, For the hand that rocks the cradle Is the hand that rules the world.” Imagine the power women have through the education and daily care of her children. Imagine the worth of her work: educated, well-mannered, Godly children. Through Marxist writer Antonio Gramsci’s idea of “cultural hegemony”, socialists/feminists have convinced women that staying at home is demeaning and worthless. We see the way our culture is headed towards socialism. Imagine if mothers haven’t left the home and husbands/wives haven’t abdicated their responsibility of educating their children to the state. Our culture wouldn’t be anywhere near as messed up. History is my evidence of this.
If you’re interested, here are two articles from the Ladies Against Feminism site that may help explain better than I could here:
What is Feminism?” and “You Don’t Know Feminism.” I hope this helps.

Send_Me on February 1, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Oh no, they’re completely wrong. After all, Palin is a cult leader, and we certainly can’t have a cult leader influencing the fledgling GOP, now can we? Too many wacky Palindromes! They’re INSANE! They can’t think straight! They’re not objective! For *insert silly and irrational deity here*’s sake we can’t have THAT! Heaven forbid. Oh wait, heaven doesn’t exist. I mean please, only stupid people believe in heaven, right?

MBP1982 on February 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Noneya on January 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

What a classic line. You fucking nitwit – name the last “dying party” that you “saw”.

Whether or not you have a degree in institutional leftism, aka poli sci, you clearly lack the common sense God gives a dog. Don’t mention the university, North Central might discredit them.

Jaibones on February 2, 2009 at 1:39 AM