Stimulus and STDs: Pelosi explains it all to you

posted at 5:47 pm on January 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via MKH, another magical stimulus moment for Madam Speaker. It couldn’t be clearer: If we reduce the number of STDs, we reduce our aggregate health care expenses, which in turn stimulates the economy by … ensuring there aren’t so many people laid up at home with gonorrhea that they can’t go to the mall to shop, I guess. Just vote for the bill, wingnuts.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I live in California and have never voted for this woman. Yet, please forgive me for my State sending this “person” to Washington.

Mason on January 29, 2009 at 8:01 PM

*blink, blink, blinkblinkblink* Blah prevention, blah blah, helpful to the states, blah.

Damn me, but she looks and sounds like a broken record.

TinMan13 on January 29, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Just vote for the bill, wingnuts.

Hyper-partisan wingnuts. Beholden to Rush hyper-partisan wingnuts.

Being in the minority is a lot more fun, except for the destruction of the country stuff.

BadgerHawk on January 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM

…they can’t go to the mall to shop…

What I don’t get is how she thinks people will buy into this Crap Sandwich. Oh wait, that’s right, forget I said anything…

Sultry Beauty on January 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Botox….the new buzz!

dmann on January 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I have a teenaged son and I told him if he had sex before he was married “it” would blow up. Cost to tax payers $0.00.

milwife88 on January 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM

she is sooooo full of herself and her power. i’ll bet she and harry are gettin it on in the rotunda! wait, i think he’s gay. yep, they are definately doin it!

sandlin71 on January 29, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Thanks, I didn’t need those IQ points that I just lost anyways…

Hog Wild on January 29, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Life is the only sexually transmitted disease the Democrats will not fund or defend.

Terrie on January 29, 2009 at 8:29 PM

milwife88 on January 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM

milwife88/Palin 2012

Terrie on January 29, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Sorry to weigh in again but does anyone know what this woman’s IQ is? College transcripts, licensing exams, whatever source? I’m beginning to wonder about Ms. Pelosi’s intelligence not from a partisan standpoint but objectively. No joke here.

Mason on January 29, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Mason on January 29, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I am sorry to have to say this again, but you folks don’t get it – Pelosi isn’t dumb at all. She has gotten to the point of not even trying to hide her dishonesty – a kind of screw you, in-your-face, what-are-you-going-to-do-about-it dishonesty! She knows what she says doesn’t make sense and that most people won’t believe her – but she doesn’t care. She is a power-hungry, no principle, lying, worthless, contemptible, politician.

The people who you should be calling brain dead, booger-eatin’ morons are the people who vote for her.

King of the Britons on January 29, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Someone please explain this to me.

My understanding of a “stimulus” was to kick-start things by immediately injecting cash into the economy.

Precisely how does “prevention” of anything (regardless of the validity of the cause) accomplish this?

Does this woman even listen to the bile flowing out of the trap door that her plastic surgeon left in her botox filled head?

Damiano on January 29, 2009 at 8:49 PM

My favorite line- “I’m a big believer in prevention.”

I’m calling BS. You’re a liberal who believes in having sex with whomever you want whenever you want and having taxpayers foot the bill for the resulting STD.

zhohlz on January 29, 2009 at 8:51 PM

King of the Britons on January 29, 2009 at 8:42PM

Arthur, well said!

dmann on January 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM

This witch is the point of the spear for the GOP to take the House back in 2010.

High-point for the Dems, and it’s downhill from here.

Some time during 2009, this will turn to a route, especially if the economy is still stagnant.

Sapwolf on January 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Sultry Beauty on January 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM

We don’t have to buy into it – we just have to pay for it. None of the boobs and buffoons in the Democrat party care if we believe in the garbage contained in this bill. They’re gonna do what they want to, because…”THEY WON”. Pitiful.

uncivilized on January 29, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Gawd can you imagine if this woman was a part of your inlaws family and you had to see her every thanksgiving?

allrsn on January 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Mason on January 29, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Speaker Pelosi was a subject of conversation with a few buddies this afternoon (here in Maryland). A few old timers remember her father and brother (former Mayors of Baltimore) and say her behaviour is no surprise. The apple hasn’t fallen far from the tree.

Red State State of Mind on January 29, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Didn’t she say just the other day that contraceptives would help the economy because fewer people meant less strain on the economy? With that “reasoning”, wouldn’t it be better to let the fornicators just die?

I hope the lame stream media is reporting all of this crap. I have no way of knowing though, since I can’t stomach it.

darwin-t on January 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Stuttering moron.

ndulik on January 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I’ve got a much cheaper and far more effective means than any plan Pelosi recommends: 1) Men, keep your zippers up. 2) Women, keep your legs closed. 3) Don’t do drugs.
Besides the fact that health care is not covered under the enumerated powers, STD prevention is markedly unfair. Unlike Lou Gehrig’s, Alzheimer’s, or Breast Cancer, AIDS is the product of a choice, spread by promiscuity and drug use. I don’t have to worry about getting AIDS because I don’t take drugs and I have been, and always will be, faithful to my wife. Why should the government pay for any STD treatment? Why should the government pay for drug rehab? Why should the government pay for abortions? Why should the government have to pay for health issues related to smoking, drug use, promiscuous sex, homosexuality, behavior-induced obesity? Why should I, as a taxpayer, have to subsidize the irresponsible and immoral behavior of others, whether it be health related or their mortgage or not taking education seriously or whatever?
Legislation like this is the reason we need the Enumerated Powers Act.

Send_Me on January 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Have you noticed Nancy changed her hairstyle and hair color? She’s gone from short, curlyish, and really witchy dark brown, to almost light brown with highlights and an updated, straight, chin length bob. It’s quite an improvement.

Now if Nancy could just stop beclowning herself whenever she talks…

marybel on January 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM

She’s just making it up as she goes along.

JustTruth101 on January 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Holy Crap, do she and Michael Jackson share surgeons? Her face is cracking. The Phantom of the Congress? Yikes

billypaintbrush on January 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

This country will not last 2 years before we can get these idiots out of power.

Hendo on January 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I guess she thinks Americans are all skanks!

How did these people win?!

PattyJ on January 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM

billypaintbrush on January 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Botox kills.

DrStock on January 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Well, Nancy, I’m a firm believer in keeping my pants on (and it doesn’t cost the taxpayers a cent), and I don’t think that you should be interfering in the health sector at all (because it is not a Constitutional issue). I’d also prefer that you keep your hands out of my pockets, for I don’t live a life of privilege as you do, and I am sorely annoyed at paying taxes for irresponsible people.

onlineanalyst on January 29, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Stimulus and STDs: Pelosi explains it all to you

The fact that government can so easily get away with abuses like this shows us how little fear they have for their employers. Sometimes I can’t understand how people don’t see they are being robbed. The Founding fathers would be shocked to live in this day.

apacalyps on January 30, 2009 at 12:21 AM

We CALLED, we E-MAILED, we SPOKE UP and we got the MALL SOD, the CONDOMS cut from the Porkulus Bill, now we gotta DO IT AGAIN!!! Melt the PHONES, overwhelm DEMS and REPUBS… CALL THEM ALL!!! Get this crap cut from a already horrible bill… Don’t let this garbage stand… TIME TO ACT!

again…

Geez, this is going to be hard to fight all this far left radical garbage for 4 years…. But WE MUST FIGHT IT!

Mark Garnett on January 30, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Side effect of Botox is a constant state of confusion. If what we just saw, Speaker Pelosi, was not confusion I do not know what is.

The only stimulus that she or her fellow demoncrates offer in this bill is to stimulate the media into looking for something good to say about it.

MSGTAS on January 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM

More sick people mean more jobs.
If, for example, one million people have to go to the doctor in a year because of a sickness…
20 people see a doctor per day x 220 work days = 4,400 people seen per doctor.
1,000.000 sick people divided by 4,400 seen per doctor = 227 doctors just to treat those people. Plus don’t forget doctor’s receptionists, assitants that are employed. And money spent on medicines for the sick have to be produced which creates jobs.
Sick = More Jobs!

albill on January 30, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Ya know… I don’t drink adult beverages anymore.

So I am raising my glass of Mountain Dew in a toast to Nancy Porklosi. Congrats. :)

Mark_Tampa on January 30, 2009 at 9:05 AM

I wouldn’t believe Peloser at gun point.

volsense on January 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM

And libs knocked Gov. Palin? This woman is dumber than a bag of hammers.

Babino on January 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM

You know, you can get stupid just seeing a picture of that woman. Send her back to San Fransicko.

Ernest on January 30, 2009 at 10:12 AM