It begins: Obama drafting letter to new pen pals in Iran

posted at 8:54 pm on January 28, 2009 by Allahpundit

Not to Ahmadinejad but to Khamenei himself, apparently. That way he doesn’t have to worry about getting any rambling 18-page replies.

State department officials have written at least three drafts of the letter, which gives assurances that Washington does not want to overthrow the Islamic regime but merely seeks a change in its behaviour. The letter would be addressed to the Iranian people and sent directly to Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, or released as an open letter.

One draft proposal suggests Iran should compare its relatively low standard of living with that of some of its more prosperous neighbours and contemplate the benefits of losing its pariah status in the west. Although the tone is conciliatory, it also calls on Iran to end what the US calls state sponsorship of terrorism.

The letter is being considered by the new secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, as part of a sweeping review of US policy on Iran. A decision on sending it is not expected until the review is complete…

Saeed Leylaz, a Tehran-based analyst, said a US letter would have to be accompanied by security guarantees and an agreement to drop economic sanctions. “If they send such a letter it will be a very significant step towards better ties but they should be careful in not thinking Tehran will respond immediately,” he said.

I wonder if they’ll tack a “P.S. Sorry” on at the end. In fairness, there may be an ulterior motive to this: Ahmadinejad’s up for reelection in June and Khatami, the “moderate” who preceded him in office, is evidently planning to challenge him. By showing a conciliatory face now, The One may be trying to swing Khamenei towards backing Khatami and the reformists and leaving Ahmadinejad and the hardliners out in the cold. Although if Khamenei’s planning to dump the tiny terrorist for anyone, I’d guess it’s for his protege Larijani. He is high on Hopenchange, after all.

As for what sorts of security guarantees the U.S. would have to concede, it’s easy to guess where they’ll start. Thanks again, New York Times!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

This country is terminally ill . . . God help us.

rplat on January 28, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Ok, I’m going to say it.

I wish we had Carter back.

Damn.

artist on January 28, 2009 at 8:57 PM

When are we going to wake up from this bizarre nightmare?

malan89 on January 28, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Ok, I’m going to say it.

I wish we had Carter back.

Damn.

artist on January 28, 2009 at 8:57 PM

He couldn’t do any worse if he tried.

malan89 on January 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Here’s my suggestion, to borrow from Reagan about the Soviets:

Dear Ayatollah,
I’ve just signed legislation outlawing Iran forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

CP on January 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Ok, I’m going to say it.

I wish we had Carter back.

Damn.

artist on January 28, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Dude. No. Don’t say that.

CP on January 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Yep, what next, sleeping with the enemy?

mindhacker on January 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I wish we had Carter back.

artist on January 28, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Bite your tongue.

Carter would be a guarantee of disaster.

Obama’s only extremely likely to be a disaster.

I’ll take that .001% chance that he won’t be.

MadisonConservative on January 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

WWGWBD?

Ugly on January 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM

UFB

MrC_5150 on January 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Dear President AckMyDumbJihad,
I want to be fully prepared for our upcoming chat.
Do you like Arabian or Persian coffee?

jgapinoy on January 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM

0.01% that’s really long odds …

tarpon on January 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I’d like to see Hillary’s input on this. I wonder if Obama’s lefties started this before she was tipped for SoS.

Wethal on January 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

“The bombing starts in 5 minutes.”

Sorry. I was channeling Reagan.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Carter would be a guarantee of disaster.

Obama’s only extremely likely to be a disaster.

I’ll take that .001% chance that he won’t be.

MadisonConservative on January 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I enjoy many of your posts but we depart on this one.

Obama will leave us begging for Carter.

Reminder: He’s only been president 1 week.

GULP!

artist on January 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Haha, Iran doesn’t have to do anything at all now. In fact if they do NOTHING, or behave even worse, they might even get a better deal!

Riposte on January 28, 2009 at 9:03 PM

There are only slight shades of difference between Carter and Hussein.

Basilsbest on January 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM

About those promises to protect Israel in the US’ nuclear umbrella?

Well, have you read Geraghty at NRO Corner? All of my promises come with expiration dates. All of them.

(Except mine to you, of course.)

Wethal on January 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I always wonder why you never see people like Noneya, Hacks, SteveMG, Growfins, Rywall, et. al. nauseum in threads like this defending the Saviour.

Why is that???

BigWyo on January 28, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I’ve got a cool idea! Why don’t the two of them negotiate via Facebook! That would be really transparent.

DrStock on January 28, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Yeah, well. They can’t hit us with a nuke. They might be able to hit Israel, and that’s a shame. Liberal Democrat Jews will have a lot to answer for.

Jaibones on January 28, 2009 at 9:05 PM

That way he doesn’t have to worry about getting any rambling 18-page replies.

Well, I assumed he is used to that, by now, from his own ‘base’. In any event, yes, the western world is screwed, and all that ‘evil’ that goes with it.

AUINSC on January 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Will Baa Baa Streisand,

also,do a singing rendition,

of said apology!

canopfor on January 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM

My dream letter:
Dear Iran,
Go f*ck yourself.
The USA

The real letter:
Dear Iran,
Please, please, please like us!!! We won’t even protest if you kill the Israelis. Just like us. PLEASE!!!
Ever Devotedly, Obama.

mjk on January 28, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Here’s an idea for a letter:

“Ayatollah Khamenei c/o President Ahmadinejad,

The first step towards reconciliation begins with your first step out of Tehran.

Of course, this letter is a mere formality.

In the time it took you two to read this, you have ingested enough poison to kill 30 camels.

Toodles,

Barry O.”

MB007 on January 28, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I could/maybe/kinda-sorta/possibly see it being a “meh” worthy tactic, if the goal is to shoulder Ahmadinejad to the way-side.

It’s not like there’s been any (non-nuclear) progress over the last 30 years.

But, if it’s anything even remotely resembling us bending over, at all .. then, no.

yo on January 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM

President: Breaking Holocaust box means cutting Zionism vein

Tehran, Jan 28, IRNA – President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday that examining the issue of Holocaust is equal to cutting the vein of the Zionist regime.

“Zionists are plundering nations’ resources and their wealth by making use of politicians and political parties as well as dominating most of the world’s power, wealth and media sources,” said the president in a message sent to a conference on Holocaust held in the Sharif University of Technology in Tehran.

The conference was dubbed, ‘Holocaust? A Sacred lie by West.’

Good luck with that letter, Barry.

BTW….Israel? Two words: Sampson option

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM

That is so sweet. How nice. How do you say kumbaya in Farsi?

I knew Obama would be real change!

katy on January 28, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I pray this is just so much British tabloid BS. Maybe the guardian is hoping that the Messiah can save their pathetic asses from the Muslim onslaught which is threatening to overrun jolly ol england.

dmann on January 28, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Obama… our dashing President.

dashing to disaster with the Islamofascist world.

dashing the hopes of all who thought he would be a ‘centrist’

dashing the country on the rocks of his naivete.

profitsbeard on January 28, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I’ve gotta agree with artist.

And here I was thinking that after Hillary and McCain lambasted him on being a incompetent noob, he’d actually wizened up on this issue.

Dear Mr. Khamenei,

Like my wife, for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country. I am ashamed of our past criminal actions, but I hope that now we can all be friends. Rest assured that Hillary no longer wants to obliterate your country and Bill asked me to say thanks for your check for the library.

Love and Kisses,

Emperor President Barry

Damiano on January 28, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I cannot wait to see what Iowahawk does with this!!!

Fundamental Fred on January 28, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Me thinks,this sounds like,

a wacky manifesto,written by

Dorhns/Ayers,terrorist sympathizers!
———————

Dear Achmed,though we share the same struggles of Hope,
and oppression,and our goals are similar…………(sarc).

canopfor on January 28, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Dear President AckMyDumbJihad,
I want to be fully prepared for our upcoming chat.
Do you like Arabian or Persian coffee?
for me to provide you with oral sex, or do i send in hillary, i hear she likes anal rape, just like i hear takes place there all the time with 12 yr olds.

I have prepared a detailed map of isreal for your pleasure,showing all military installations. I even brought you detailed instructions on how to make that little bomb your putting together even more effective. Do you think that when I come over there you could buy me one of those cool vests i see all the time on arab tv? i sure hope so!!

sincerly yours,
b. HUSSAIN obama

-even jimmy carter couldn’t screw up as bad as this is gonna get

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on January 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Is this what Hillary meant when by “Smart Power”??

DrStock on January 28, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Obama’s voters must be so proud.

ErinF on January 28, 2009 at 9:19 PM

This seems like a very ad hoc approach to diplomacy, doesn’t it? And announcing that your sending a letter? That’s odd. Also, has Obama reached out to our allies yet? Any word to Merkel? Brown?

Weight of Glory on January 28, 2009 at 9:20 PM

A decision on sending it is not expected until the review is complete…

Translation: We are flying this kite to see how much backlash it causes. Then we will decide. A wet finger to the wind, so to speak.

DrStock on January 28, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Did free pedicure for all Americans come in that stimulus package?

christene on January 28, 2009 at 9:21 PM

W T F ?

WisCon on January 28, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Looks like O is boldly following in Jimmy C’s path:

Concede to the Iranian theocracy? Check.

Propose a ‘stimulus’ plan that will send us into hyperinflation in two years? Check.

Now all we need is the “wear a sweater” and the “malaise” speech.

John the Libertarian on January 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM

The principles of Neville Chamberlain live on.

johnsteele on January 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Also, has Obama reached out to our allies yet? Any word to Merkel? Brown?

No, but he’s been slapping around our other allies, like Poland.

DrStock on January 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Hey Barfy, wait a couple of weeks and send him a smooshy Valentines Day Card, some candy hearts … and a puppy.

fogw on January 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I um..ah..just..got..back from Persia,ah.. i..mean..Iran,

and ah.um..how can..I say this…in my hand..ah.. um is the

hope..and..um..change..ah..America..has been hoping,ah and

in the ah..um..words of Neville,ah..um..my..hero..ah um..

Meanwhile
—————

Iran keeps funding,and sending war supplies to Hamas,

and the rockets are still falling in Israel………….

canopfor on January 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM

The world senses our new vulnerabilities:

“The premiers of Russia and China slammed the U.S. economic system in speeches Wednesday, holding it responsible for the global economic crisis.”

WSJ

They are going to play rag-doll with Obama.

And we suffer the consequences.

This country is in VERY real danger.

artist on January 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Obama before kissing the ayatolas nasty dead ass
should actually READ his own governments papers
which PROVE we have enough OIL to supply the Usa for
41 years Straight at current comsuption rates..

Maybe then president obama
if we can get him to actually READ something
Might want to consult ohh
US citizens
BEFORE surrenduring to the Enemy..

Idiots..

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM

P.S:

Do you prefer cash or check for the jizya payment?

Toodles,

Barry

Kid from Brooklyn on January 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Come on…I mean…come ON.

Now he’s just f*in’ with us. That has got to be a joke.

Itchee Dryback on January 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Seriously, how many times a day will my head explode during the Plastic Jesus’s administration? Because nine days in, it’s already gettin’ ridiculous.

Anybody see Drudge’s links to the Soros stuff? I think that’s where the endgame really is.

Soon I may stop praying for anything but a relatively painless death.

califcon on January 28, 2009 at 9:27 PM

We’re screwed.

Love letters among pals who think they are God’s gifts to mankind.

jencab on January 28, 2009 at 9:27 PM

After Ahmadin tells you to apologize, you send him a “Hey buddy, how ya doin” letter?

Just send Iran a bunch of weapons-grade uranium and get it over with.

Jerk.

Bishop on January 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

I wonder if the Guardian realizes it may have helped Netanyahu get elected PM of Israel. Something I doubt they wanted…

Wethal on January 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

everyone knows that Ahmadinejad is just a puppet… right? That was O’s defence for his idiotic posture during the campaign as I recall

gatorboy on January 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

1. Closing GITMO
2. Calling Abbas
3. Backing down from Putin (missile shield in Eastern Europe)
4. Giving away the store (stimulus)
5. Writing to Iran’s Mullahs

What will be next?

baldilocks on January 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Obama’s voters must be so proud.

ErinF on January 28, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Oh, they are. And when there’s a crisis in the Persian Gulf stemming from Iran, or we’re attacked in America by a group from Iran, they won’t blame Obama’s passiveness. No, they’ll say “They like Obama, so we like them. They just have left over aggression from Bush, so they’re just taking a little time to blow it off.”

And Obama will say, “No, seriously Iran, I want to be friends! Hey, stop kicking me in the balls, we’re friends, don’t you get it?”

conservativejack on January 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Obama owns this one……..

……. have fun with it, Barry!

Seven Percent Solution on January 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Obama can just declare America under sharia law and then everything would be cool. That way Iran could focus its attention on killing the jews and not have to worry about the great satan America.

Mojave Mark on January 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM

This is a joke right? Suggesting a ‘change in the Islamic regime’s behaviour’ is the same as saying, get ready, we’re coming to get you. At least that’s how the Islamists will see it. I’m surprised the letter even contains this much “strength”.

4shoes on January 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM

LETS REVIEW:
———–

Obama’s first phone call: To Mr.Abbas!

Obama’s first Arab tv interview:AL Arabiya, America is not
an enemy towards Muslims!

Obama’s first letter: To Iran!
—————————-
—————————-

There appears to be a ‘PATTERN’!

canopfor on January 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

What a tangled web we weave w/ a POTUS so naive.

BHO Jonestown on January 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

baldilocks on January 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM

5. Amnesty
6. Healthcare
7. another two tril. bailout

Weight of Glory on January 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

canopfor on January 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

RACIST!

WisCon on January 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Obama before kissing the ayatolas nasty dead ass
should actually READ his own governments papers
which PROVE we have enough OIL to supply the Usa for
41 years Straight at current comsuption rates..

Maybe then president obama
if we can get him to actually READ something
Might want to consult ohh
US citizens
BEFORE surrenduring to the Enemy..

Idiots..

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I don’t think you get it. Listening to us? Really?

He won.

conservativejack on January 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Dear Iran,

I have recently discovered, that the United Stated social status was in shambles. We have been hanging out with complete nerds such as Israel, Poland, Australia and Georgia. Not cool.

As the new cool Prezden’ of the United Stated, I have decided to change our social circle, dump our old dorky friends and become friends with really cool guys such as yourself, North Korea, Venezuela and Syria. Would you Please accept me as your friend? I’m prepared to do humiliating assignments at first if you wish.

Sincerely, 0.

PS. I can also sell you carbon credits to compensate for the CO2 released to the atmosphere when you nuke Israel. That way both we and Mother Earth can stay cool.

Aristotle on January 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I am so sick to death of ISLAM
Arab countries

Why dont all the muslims apologize for both all of their crimes against all of humanity and the fact they are emulating their Nut case leader mohammed..

Muslims have publicly on TV , you tube, news media and on their own web sites Admitted to the following crimes

Child marriages – mohammed did it
Child rape – mohammed did it
Child molesting – mohammed did it ashisha 9 years old.
Beheading – mohammed did it
Mass murder of jews and civilians – mohammed did it
Suicide bombings – the only thing muslims ever invented
Torture of civilians – mohamed did it
torture of soldiers – mohammed did it
Racism – islam against the jews is a constant drum beat
amputation – same thing just insert mohammed
lying
cheating
stealing
looting
sacking
Genicide – hey still going on in sudan (the liberals favorite spot)

Crap the list is endless

So to our so called President
If your not too busy Surrendering to every arab you can find
Maybe you should actually Check your facts
and Tell abina wakjob to go suck an egg
and when muslims Repent of these horrific crimes
against humainity
when musims repent of their WAR crimes

Maybe maybe then we might want to talk to them
but not until..

or unless you and pelozi and reid, murtha shummer , todd kerry, kennedy crap just throw in Democrats and half of the are ready to FORMALLY tel the world that Obama the so called messia
has decided with all the liberals
to surrender and turn into muslims..

Sorry sir:
You are not worthy of the office you now hold..
Not even one week has passed and you are ready to turn the usa into either
North korea
or
Iran..

I dont want to be an islamic / pelozi slave..
I will not bow down even if you mr president will..

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM

yo on January 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM

The very act of our president sending a letter to a head of state that we have no diplomatic relations with is bending over in a big way.

Oldnuke on January 28, 2009 at 9:35 PM

baldilocks on January 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM
5. Amnesty
6. Healthcare
7. another two tril. bailout

Weight of Glory on January 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM

8.Fainess doctrine

katy on January 28, 2009 at 9:36 PM

fairness

katy on January 28, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I can at least tell my children
before obama and the democrats all Raise their new
overloards islamic black flag

that i held my nose and voted for mccain..

Because i knew at LEAST mccain wouldnt
Openly Surrender to Iran..

Sheesh..
Obama is such a friggin idiot..
Like i said
an empty suit – but like all liberals
very dangerous.. to our survival..

I wished colin power would have run..
I may disagree with the man but at least
I trust him..
He wouldnt be kissing irans ass..
he would have been kicking it..

something liberals cannot do..

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 9:37 PM

What will be next?

6. He’ll makeover the new military to look like these lunkheads.
7. He’ll steal hard working Americans’ 401(k) funds to cover his spending.
8. He’ll have Christmas and Easter wiped from American calendars.
9. He’ll have more Afghan civilians killed.

If there are any hopeydopeychangey voters on this thread, I’d love to hear what they think of all this hopeychangeyness. This has been quite a first week.

ErinF on January 28, 2009 at 9:37 PM

8.Fainess doctrine

katy on January 28, 2009 at 9:36 PM
9. Grab guns/make ammo impossible to buy

baldilocks on January 28, 2009 at 9:38 PM

10.start the 2nd Civil War

katy on January 28, 2009 at 9:40 PM

God Save the Union… no one on Earth will…

Kaptain Amerika on January 28, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Question: how do ordinary people like us stop this train wreck? Our reps obviously don’t care to take a stand.

ErinF on January 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM

10. Repeal of the 22nd Amendment

Bishop on January 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Phone call from Hopey to Imwearingadinnerjacketnutcase!

Lets listen in;

“Yes,yes I hear you,Obama,I can’t believe how stupid,I mean
co-operative you are,you’ll get a noble peace prize,yes,yes
and you know who praise peace,right back at ya,

hold the phone Obama,I have to take another call,good,ahem
yup,okay,send more holy warriors into Afganistan,some over to the Golan heights,oh,the media is slow this week,send some more Palestians siucide bombers into Gaza,and send
two more ships of war supplies to………………
(Snark).

canopfor on January 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM

ErinF on January 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Did you just come out of hyperspace this evening?

Bishop on January 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM

8.Fainess doctrine

katy on January 28, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Indeed. Hey yall, check out the story that califcon referenced above. If this is actually pursued, then this will not end well. Note the author of the piece.

Weight of Glory on January 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM

And it ended with Obama writing to his friends in Nigeria who are having troubles with settling an estate and need his bank account number.

Unfortunately he gave them our account numbers at Treasury.

Mr. Joe on January 28, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Obama, these people that you want to make nice-nice with are not the same folks you came across in St. Louis or Germany during the campaign. They are a little angrier and have no stars in their eyes. They have been spoon-fed hatred since the day they were born. There is an agenda that does not include you and your pretty smile. Stop trying to impress people by taking stances the polar opposite of George Bush and think about what you are doing. Our safety and security trumps your ego. And if you can’t understand that now, my guess is it will become very apparent in 2012.

sherry on January 28, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Did you just come out of hyperspace this evening?

WTF? No, dingleberry. That’s a genuine question.

ErinF on January 28, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Racist

WisCon on Jan 28,2009 at 9:33PM.

WisCon: HeHe:)

canopfor on January 28, 2009 at 9:46 PM

“For my next trick, I will put my head in the alligator’s mouth.”

RalphyBoy on January 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Ya know, you’re all upset but…uh.. read between the lines here…

He’s already chickening out. He won’t talk to Ahmhadinejad and he’s just making an “open letter” (sure it’s addressed to the supreme leader but that’s just political double speak). This isn’t diplomacy, this is PR.

To wit, he’s making a plea to the people of Iran.

THE SAME THING BUSH ALREADY DID!

Skywise on January 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Or this could be Plugs’ influence. After all, he was shoulder-to-shoulder with Jimmy Carter in wanting Khomemhi in Iran, and his first considered action after 9/11 was to offer the Mad Mullahs $250 million.

steveegg on January 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM

God Help Us!

Gothguy on January 28, 2009 at 9:52 PM

WTF? No, dingleberry. That’s a genuine question.
ErinF on January 28, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Dingleberry, huh?

Uhhh….well…there was this vote today…on something called the stimu…Save America Through Higher Taxation bill…and a whooooooooole bunch of GOP congress-people voted against it.

If not hyperspace, perhaps you were suffering from a self-induced coma?

Bishop on January 28, 2009 at 9:52 PM

ErinF on January 28, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Every Republican in The House of Representatives voted NO on Obama’s stimulus package tonight. They did this 1. Because the legislation is crap, and 2.The telephone lines in their offices were melting from all the negative calls. They listened to us and grew some gonads. They also set the stage for the Senate to block this crummy legislation and endanger the life span (Political) of any backstabbing RINO senator who thinks it would be a good idea to go all bipartisan on us. In other words “They took a stand…Today!”

Oldnuke on January 28, 2009 at 9:53 PM

And in one fowl swoop the Obama administration gives up the United States position of strength in the middle east in a vain and useless attempt at appeasing a bunch of Islamic fascists who will only be happy when the United States of America and the Freedom and justice it represents is completely and utterly destroyed and replaced with a pan global Islamic Caliphate.

Dreadnought223 on January 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Skywise on January 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM

That’s giving Obama much to much credit. As someone else suggested, I think this is more in line with his William Ayers school of thought.

His naiveté is breathtaking.

katy on January 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM

This is a good thing, I think. When the Islamonutsos rebuke the Left through its Patron Saint, The One, finally they will shut up and we can do what we have to with Iran in a united kind of way. So in a way, there is a bringing together by The One. Just that the Left never expected the Unity to be delivered as a consequence of being completely naive asshats who finally get enough sand kicked in their faces.

*sips latte*

shaken on January 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Bishop on January 28, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Sorry Bishop, didn’t mean to butt in on you but we wanted to make we all stay on the same page for the coming battles. It’s gonna be a long hard four years.

Oldnuke on January 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Oldnuke on January 28, 2009 at 9:53 PM

.3 you might add the Rsuh Limbaugh fiasco. It drew much needed attention to the power of a pissed off electorate and gave them the gonads to do the right thing!

katy on January 28, 2009 at 9:57 PM