Ahmadinejad to Obama: Apologize

posted at 3:55 pm on January 28, 2009 by Allahpundit

Just testing the waters, checking to see how low The One will stoop to fulfill his campaign promise of getting to the negotiating table with Iran, where absolutely nothing will be resolved. Doubtless there’ll be some support for this on the American left, too. If a groveling apology to a terrorist Holocaust denier who spent the last six years funneling weapons to Iraqis to kill Americans furthers the cause of “dialogue,” why not suck it up?

My Obamaspeak is rusty, incidentally. Would this constitute a precondition, or merely a “preparation”?

“You were standing against the Iranian people in the past 60 years,” Mr Ahmadinejad said during an address in the western region of Khermenshah that was broadcast by state television.

“Those who speak of change must apologise to the Iranian people and try to repair their past bad acts and the crimes they committed against Iran.”

As to the troops, he said he expected two kinds of “deep and fundamental” change.

“Meet people, talk to them with respect and put an end to the expansionist policies. If you talk about change it must put an end to the US military presence in the world, withdraw your troops and take them back inside your borders.”

Mr Ahmadinejad said the advocates of change must “stop supporting the Zionists, outlaws and criminals”.

This isn’t the first demand they’ve made of the United States as a prerequisite to diplomacy, but it is the first that might be plausibly satisfied. Exit question one: Will The One bite the bullet on this himself or will it be farmed out to our new secretary of state, who once famously threatened to nuke the country she’ll be apologizing to? Exit question two: Will it be a mutual thing, with both sides owning up to yesteryear’s missteps? I wouldn’t mind an apology from Iran for “death to America” and creating Hezbollah and arming Hamas and trying to wreck Iraq and starting a Middle East arms race and bombing the occasional Jewish community center and…

Comments

Old Imanutjob won’t have to worry about Obama abandoning Israel. He was going to do that anyway.

MobileVideoEngineer on January 28, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Mr. President…the ball is in your court.

Mason on January 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I honestly don’t know whether or not he’ll comply.

Jim Treacher on January 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Oh, and this is as good an excuse as any to self-link:

A scene from Obama’s first term

You might not like it, but SNL did.

Jim Treacher on January 28, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Be nice to the crocodile in hopes that he’ll eat us last.

petefrt on January 28, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Here’s their apology: We’re sorry, people of Iran, that you have such a vicious, delusional, moronic, asswipe of a president.

Now can we all get along?

AZCoyote on January 28, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Hey… Why hasn’t IranianHilter killed himself yet? Since he has Jewish blood and all, should he want to wipe himself off the map?

Illinidiva on January 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

In your ear, you little puke.

rplat on January 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Dear lord, even Armageddonjad is cashing in on Obama’s platitudes.

Sickening.

BKennedy on January 28, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Yes, Barack and the Dems will apologize for all of us terrible Americans, then approve the reparations.

Then, he’ll apologize to Iran for the same.

DamnYankee on January 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM

A mainstay of the left is that we created all of these evil regimes, so why id the Thug wrong to demand an apology from our leftist president.

rob verdi on January 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Ahmadinejad to Obama: Apologize

Vic to Ahmadinejad: Go frack yourself.

Vic on January 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM

If Ahmadinejad is really a Jew, then this could make up for his lack of support for Israel.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on January 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM

“This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let’s not bicker and argue about who killed who….”

World B. Free on January 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Gee, will Barry suck up to a dictator?… I will Take “YES” for a 1000 Alex

MDWNJ on January 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on January 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM

His being Obama’s, not A’s.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on January 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Will it be a mutual thing

Yep, mutual assured genuflection.

Obama will say something like “Both sides have made mistakes and must acknowledge their contributions to this animosity. But we must move forward and not let the past shackle our children’s futures….”

We know the game.

SteveMG on January 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Not asking for much, is he?

cs89 on January 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Kiss the ring.

Kiss my ass, you beady-eyed monkey!

CurtZHP on January 28, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I’ll apologize for President Reagan not dropping a nuclear weapon on Qom.

TexasJew on January 28, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Apology accepted, Captain Needa.

I R A Darth Aggie on January 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM

don’t worry, old “unconditional surrender” bambi will certainly bow to dinnerjacket’s wishes. peace, you know.

kelley in virginia on January 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM

This is what happens when you go give Al-Arabiya your first interview and criticize your own country’s foreign policy.

patriette on January 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Dear lord, even Armageddonjad is cashing in on Obama’s platitudes.

Sickening.

BKennedy on January 28, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Well of course he is. We all knew he would. That’s the problem, isn’t it?

Sefton on January 28, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I remember when i made my top 10 predictions that obama would perform

this was near the top of the list..

It isnt hard really just listen to all the liberals..

Obama stated that “we need to understand the poor muslims”
liberals stated “we need to arrest isralie officers for war crimes”
democrats screamed “surrender now pull out and then arrest Bush”

Whats happening
1. obamas first address is to Kiss the muslim nations ass
Even thoug they attacked us 10 times before 9/11

2. obama and biden tells iraq Bu-BYE in less than 16 months
I will bet you it will be in less than 12

3. Isreal is now warning its officers against TRAVELING to ANY western county
because all of the liberals are lining up to have the Isralies arrested for war crimes..

while these same liberals openly SUPPORT islamic terrorists

And in case you didnt notice
I am NOT openly calling
Obama
Biden
Carter
Murtha
pelozi
kerry
kennedy
Liberals and the liberal news media
ALL TRAITORS working Activly AGAINST the
United States of America..

I want and Demand every liberal to be arrested with WAR crimes
for supporting the islamic nazis and their efforts in
Killing over 25,000 civilians in the last 8 years and wounding more than 50,000 civilians world wide..

I dont need to question their patriotism
They DONT HAVE ANY

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM

i MEAN I AM CALLING THESE IDIOTS TRAITORS

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Still wondering why everyone missed (drudge linked) the fact that a world war veteran was left to die freezing because a democrat-admn. cut his electricity for not paying dues.

He could have been O’s treasury secretary if he owed in thousands, instead of dying. Just pathetic.

Anita on January 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Abd Lincoln will free the slaves of Allah to do as they please.

BL@KBIRD on January 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I wonder how low obama and biden will go
will they like pelozi

Go to a muslim dictators nation
stepping over all the bodies in the hallway
to then Congradulate the dictators on their
Human rights records..

PLEASE…

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Delicious. I’m going to savor this.

LimeyGeek on January 28, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Kill him.

Blake on January 28, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Ahmadinejad, you are cordially invited to suck my……

we should show him some of the crimes we are capable of….

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on January 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM

This mentality by Ahmadinejad’s is chillingly similar to that of Khruschev’s when he met JFK.

That is he thought JFK was weak, America would not defend her interests and that he, Khrushchev, could aggressively move against us.

Someone’s going to challenge Obama, and soon.

And he’s going to fold.

SteveMG on January 28, 2009 at 4:22 PM

C’mon, Othuga. Use some smart power. Words, as you well know, are cheap. Castigate yourself and the USA before this furry little Hitler. Then, when they get the bomb and become “beyond diplomacy,” you can say you tried really really hard.

VolMagic on January 28, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Steven Edwards: Suddenly Obama has Muslim roots:

Ahmadinejad to Obama: Apologize

liberals & Democrats already did that!

christene on January 28, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s secret MySpace entry:

Hi there fellow Islamic bloggers and Islam bloogers to be. My name is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and I am the great and fearless President of the Islamic Republic of Iran and soon to be the defacto President of Iraq too! Soon I will add another feather to my cap by humbling the new American President as he comes on bended knee to apologize for all of America’s sins agains Islam and it’s new great leader – me!

I was was born one of seven children to a humble blacksmith and when I was a child growing up I worked on a farm to earn extra money for my poor father and I got to know a lot of the farm animals very well. I was real nature boy back then. I was a real animal lover. My favorites were the goats of course. I still have such fond memories of my boyhood.

Later I excelled as a student, earning my master’s degree and a Ph.D in civil engineering. I have only three wifes, but as the leader of such a great Islamic country and soon to be the dominate power in the Middle East I feel that it is time for me to take my fourth wife. If any nice Islamic ladies are reading this you should email me some time soon. You must be between the ages of 12 and 28 years old. If you are under 12 that would be alright too but you must have a note from a male relative of course.

In addition to my important duties as the Great President of the Islamic Republic of Iran I am now working on my post graduate science project, which when completed in a very few years, I will test on Evil Israel and the Great Satin America.

Who I would like to meet … …
In addition to my fourth wife, and remember if you are under 12 years old, you must have a note from a male relative, I would like to meet other dedicated members of the Great Religion of Slaughter Peace, Islam of course. We can all get together after work and spend time reading inspiring passages from the Koran and comparing notes on our mutual love of farm animals. We can also go over a list of priority test sites for my developing science project. It will be a blast! It will make much bigger holes than the one in New York that I am going to visit only for comparison purposes!

MB4 on January 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I honestly don’t know whether or not he’ll comply.

Jim Treacher on January 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I know what you mean.

The other day, I had a short exchange with someone who thought he probably wasn’t evil, and then said they hoped he wasn’t…to which I responded that it was interesting that we don’t actually know.

Scary times.

capitalist piglet on January 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Exit question two:

Oh, and that whole little hostage taking thing.

MadisonConservative on January 28, 2009 at 4:25 PM

At what point do we get to say, “I told you so?” When we are gone and our country is glowing in the dark?

kingsjester on January 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Will Ahmad demand reparations?

JiangxiDad on January 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Recall that both President Clinton and SecState Albright made public apologies to Iran for our support of the Shah and other policies.

That went swell didn’t it?

SteveMG on January 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Unfortunately I have no doubt that Barakarter Ochambermarx ( Like it?) will apologize. He drinks his own kool aid. He thinks his words can solve any problem

redshirt on January 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Sorry to be off-topic here, but I have just received a request for $500 from the John McCain Country First PAC. Shouldn’t I be giving the money to the Sarah PAC instead?

jay12 on January 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM

He also gave Obama the finger on stopping his nuke program.

Carl in Jerusalem on January 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM

A year or two ago I would have offered Ahmadinejad a one finger salute and a kiss my nuclear America hiney-but now Im scared. I am scared Obama will apologize and raise up every tiny tyrant from all ends of the earth to challenge us.

canditaylor68 on January 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM

And he’s going to fold.

SteveMG on January 28, 2009 at 4:22 PM

… like Superman on laundry day.

Our President is a chump.

chunderroad on January 28, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Ineedadayjob: “I”ll trump you on that..I won”

Barry” “Uhh…”

Itchee Dryback on January 28, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Whose not getting any attention in the Media? Ahmadinejad: I demand the new house keeper uh resident of the White House apologize. These folks in the Middle East have made it clear they are Prejudice against people of African Descent, and don’t respect them. But that’s okay, Mr President Set that Diplomatic tone with Iran, you want to now LOL!

Dr Evil on January 28, 2009 at 4:39 PM

“Ummm, uh, present???”

revolutionismyname on January 28, 2009 at 4:39 PM

“Ummmm, uh, this is a distraction”

LimeyGeek on January 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM

canditaylor68 on January 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Fouad Ajami writes about this in today’s Wall Street Journal in a piece entitled “Obama Tells Arabia’s Despots They’re Safe.”

JiangxiDad on January 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Obama Doctrine: Preemptive Surrender

faraway on January 28, 2009 at 4:46 PM

If we go to war with Iran, I’ll sign back up just to get the chance to take a shot at this raghead.

leetpriest on January 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM

When George Soros tells Mr. Obama to apologize…………

………… Mr. Obama will apologize.

Seven Percent Solution on January 28, 2009 at 4:52 PM

That’s an excellent piece: Link.

If you remove the external pressure on these regimes, they’ll only turn their action outward.

Critical point:

Foreign challengers and rogue regimes are under no obligation to accommodate our mood and our needs. They are not hanging onto news of our financial crisis, they are not mesmerized by the fluctuations of the Dow. I know it is a cliché, but sooner or later, we shall be hearing from them. They will strip us of our illusions and our (new) parochialism.

Once they see that Obama won’t be pressuring them for internal change, they can crack down harder on dissent and consolidate power. And as Ajami says, eventually we’ll be hearing from them as they look outward with no concerns about internal opposition.

SteveMG on January 28, 2009 at 4:52 PM

If I were president right now, I would apologize:

Dear Iran,

On behalf of the American People, I would like to apologize to the Iranian People for President Jimmy Carter’s undermining of the Shah of Iran leading to the rise of Islamo-fascism and the increase in terrorism throughout the world.

I pledge to reverse this error in judgment. I call on President “Imonajihad” to dismantle his nuclear program in 30 days, or I will be forced to help him to dismantle it via a cruise missile or two from our ships offshore. I will also pledge to support any opposition from the Iranian people to regain control of their country from those radicals who hold them hostage.

One last warning to President “Imonajihad”. If you even look like you are going to launch a missile or any attack on Israel or any country friendly to the principals of Democracy, I will immediately level Iran and once the radiation clears, build the world’s largest Nascar track.

Sincerely,

President of the United States.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That is my apology.

gstrickler on January 28, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Heh, yep Im-an-azz-hole would like it if we pulled all our troops back to our borders…unfortunately he may not only get an apology from THE ONE but his wish of us pulling our troops back may come true as well, thanks to Hopey-Changey!

Now if I were President my response would be:

“Well thank you Mr. Im-an-azz-hat, er, uh, I mean thank you Mr. Im-a-mad-man, ah the hell with it, thank you F*#K head for your insipid and moronic drivel! Once again you have proven yourself to be the completely ignorant and crazy SOB we all know you are and therefore I will have to decline your idiotic request for an apology as the US has nothing to apologize for!”

“You and your country of Mad Mullahs however have much to apologize for, in particular the killing of our soldiers in Iraq by proxy, but as usual you’ll deny any involvement because you and your inbred child molesting Mullahs (just like Mooohaaaamudd was) are COWARDS, always hiding behind women, children, and innocent civilians, never facing our troop’s eye-to-eye as real men of conviction do!”

“Now take your camel and goat humping azz back to your sandbox and leave the US the hell alone or I’ll send you different kind of message, a message that you will be unable to respond to as you will have been vaporized, your sandbox turned to glass, and where pigs are freely defecating on what once used to be your country!”

Liberty or Death on January 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Liberty or Death on January 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Also, I’d be interested to see how other HA posters would respond to IM-a-mad-dinner-jacket’s request for an apology, I’m sure you HA’ers can come up with some doozies!!

I’m waiting to read with baited Pete’s Wicked Ale!

Liberty or Death on January 28, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Well, that will certainly help get oil prices out of the doldrums.

Vashta.Nerada on January 28, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I apologize. We should have never attacked their embassy and kidnapped their diplomats. Oh wait a minute…….

Johan Klaus on January 28, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Pshaw! Just give him a basketball autographed by Michael Jordan and a couple of reactors … that’ll shut him up for a while.

Conservative_SAHM on January 28, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Cheer up, people. We´ve only got four more years of Obama!

james hooker on January 28, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Great stuff James, I bookmarked your site and sent a link to your song/video to all my friends.

Liberty or Death on January 28, 2009 at 5:23 PM

He’d better friggin NOT!

worlok on January 28, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Note to Ahmadinejad:
Kiss your ring?
Kiss my a$$…

rich801 on January 28, 2009 at 5:25 PM

He’ll apologize, the same way Pelosi liked to be dhimmi on her visit to Iran.

madmonkphotog on January 28, 2009 at 5:26 PM

That is my apology.

gstrickler on January 28, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Good one!

Liberty or Death on January 28, 2009 at 5:32 PM

MB4 on January 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Heh, aother good one, thanks for the laughs MB4!

Liberty or Death on January 28, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Here’s their apology: We’re sorry, people of Iran, that you have such a vicious, delusional, moronic, asswipe of a president, but clearly you’re not alone.

Fixed.

Basilsbest on January 28, 2009 at 5:42 PM

By the time Imadinnerjacket gets done with Obama, Barack will understandably be morphing into George Bush with a tan–at least he had better be.

If he doesn’t morph, his presidency will certainly be a foreign policy failure at our expense. Wars don’t stop because of elections.

patrick neid on January 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM

well i think obama should apologize for one thing
OT surrendering FAST enough..

I mean come on obama
Cant you just bend over and kiss his toes
oh wait yea forgot about barney frank drolling over there
Ok you have one excuse but hurry up obama
after all abina wack job is missing his date at the wishing well..

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I pledge not to apologize….

Hog Wild on January 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I am sorry i wish obama had one ounce of common sense
but really
he is a liberal socialist laywer
who is only worried about how much of our money he can give away to every illegal alien on the entire planet..

If we get hit again
(and i really think we will)..
and hard..

obama will imidiatly issue an order
to ARREST any AMERICANS who DARED to try and resist islam or iran..

I mean after all you cant have pesky things like ohh
justice and revenge for all the dead get in the way
of the messsiahs chat with iran..

Hmmm?

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I pledge to shove a grenade up his islamic ass.
I also pledge to take barney franks hand and shove it up there to pull the pin..

Barney is used to that sort of thing..

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM

He’s not saying kiss the ring; he’s saying smell the glove, and it wasn’t a glove he had in mind at first, believe you me.

jeff_from_mpls on January 28, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I pledge to shove a grenade up his islamic ass.

Barney is used to that sort of thing..

jcila on January 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM

jeff_from_mpls on January 28, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Liberty or Death on January 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM

from the Headlines earlier today

The Messiah is brushing up on his Farsi and prostate stances so he can properly welcome Ahmadinejad.
Maybe Obama should give his big Muslim speech from the former US embassy in Tehran.

Say goodbye to America………..

dmann on January 28, 2009 at 1:28 PM

dmann on January 28, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Don’t do it.

Little Boomer on January 28, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Write the apology on a cruise missile and send it to him.

johnnyU on January 28, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I have no doubt what-so-ever that The One will, in short order, offer an apology to Ahma…Ahda…oh, screw it, let’s just call him “Barney Rubble”. He’s an educated idiot. High dollar college education, but absolutely no foreign policy knowledge. His frame of reference begins and ends at the Chicago city limits – and, unfortunately, foreign dictator-thugs are much more complicated than your garden-variety Chicago Political Machine thug. I’m a little scared – but also hopeful that we have enough sense to pull the reins in before something terrible happens.

uncivilized on January 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM

In office a week and already our Euroweenie pretend President is marked as a pushover by Putin and Imanutjob. Great first impression!

james23 on January 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM

America has long had the only response required under circumstances such as this: “NUTS”.

OldEnglish on January 29, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Mr. President…the ball is in your court.

Mason on January 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Now let’s see if you’ve got any.

Ernest on January 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I read the headline and thought of Jesse Jackson from South Park:

phelps on January 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I’m sorry the United States of America has not nuked your country flat already. Now let’s talk about that.

Well, it IS an apology even if the premise is absurd.

{^_-}