Video: Stains, the cupcake-loving dog

posted at 5:10 pm on January 27, 2009 by Allahpundit

The first true palate cleanser we’ve had on the site in, what, about a month?

This one won’t work for everyone but I was hysterical. One gratuitous profanity, alas, so please observe your content warning. Exit question: The dog is the GOP leadership, the conservative base is the trainer, and the cupcakes are the stimulus, no? Click the image to watch.

Comments

haha

trailortrash on January 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Make sure when you call him over to you that you say “Come HERE!

Tony737 on January 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I had the same look on my face when I got the November election results.

Bishop on January 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I read the headline and instantly thought “Palatte Cleanser.” Glad we’re on the same page.

Also, Hotair.com definitely needs more of The Soup. We all need a good laugh once in a while. And nothing makes me laugh like The Soup.

jimmy the notable on January 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

That’s cruel. Showing a dog a plate of cupcakes and then saying, “away!”

keep the change on January 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Heh, that was hilarious.

clearbluesky on January 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Screw the dog, I dove into my computer trying to get to the cupcakes!

stonemeister on January 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I <3 The Soup!

ballz2wallz on January 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM

That dog looked pretty old. Let him have a cupcake already. His owners have already humiliated him with an insulting name. Letting him have a few tasty treats is the least they can do for him.

AZCoyote on January 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Stains, the cupcake-loving dog, huh? There’s a joke in there somewhere.

capitalist piglet on January 27, 2009 at 5:22 PM

LMAO. I have a dog that gets that same look… Captain Regges.

Jaibones on January 27, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Also, the cameraman who thought to give a closeup of the dog’s eyes deserves some kind of award.

jimmy the notable on January 27, 2009 at 5:22 PM

That woman is a sadist…geez i hope somebody gave that dog a cupcake later for being so good!!!

JustTruth101 on January 27, 2009 at 5:23 PM

That’s cruel. Showing a dog our Republican Congressmen a plate of cupcakes pork and then saying, “away!”

keep the change on January 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Following this as AP’s metaphor, I’m sure this is what you meant.

Christian Conservative on January 27, 2009 at 5:23 PM

That’s cruel. Showing a dog a plate of cupcakes and then saying, “away!”

keep the change on January 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Not really, it’s a fairly common training exercise. I use “Off” and freeze dried liver. Keeps the dog from eating anything you don’t want it to. Can really be a lifesaver for the dog.

Oldnuke on January 27, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Cupcakes…is there anything they can’t do?

heh, and it’s not like it was just one, but a plateful.

JetBoy on January 27, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Okay, gotta ask. It “The Soup” the latter day version of “Talk Soup”? Used to love to watch Greg Kinnear on that show a decade ago or so….

dish on January 27, 2009 at 5:30 PM

OMG, that was hilarious!

califcon on January 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Allah,

How did you miss this one?

Hening on January 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

The thousand yard stare. You get it once you’re in the sh!t long enough.

Chuck Schick on January 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM

My old dog was really a good pup. But one time we were going to grill hamburgers and had all the raw meat prepared on a plate on the steps next to the barbecue.

Ran inside for something and when we returned, the meat had mysteriously disappeared. After about 5 minutes searching for it, we noticed the dog was also missing. We found her hiding behind the couch.

We didn’t punish her because one, we felt stupid searching for the missing meat for so long, two, we shouldn’t have put it so easily in reach of her, and three, she never did anything like that before — and she never did it again.

It was a hell of a lot of raw meat but she didn’t get sick. Another mystery! :)

Blake on January 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Bishop on January 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I thought you would have had that look watching the rejected PETA commercial…

Hog Wild on January 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM

They’re not cupcakes, they’re fairy cakes. That’s what they call them in Wankerstan.

Blake on January 27, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Christian Conservative on January 27, 2009 at 5:23

LMAO funny!

PiggieSez on January 27, 2009 at 5:49 PM

EVERYBODY: watch this video of Stains’ Odyssey.

Jimmy the Dhimmi on January 27, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Don’t eat the stimulus! Barney Frank has touched it and God knows where Barney Frank’s hands have been or what is on them.

Mr. Joe on January 27, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Good Lord, I laughed myself sick over that video on Friday. Poor trance-y puppy.

mjk on January 27, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Dude, who is tipping AP off to this stuff? I read about this on the forum I visit earlier today.

Typhonsentra on January 27, 2009 at 6:06 PM

You would have to have owned an Aussie to get the real feeling…we are on our second, and they are awesome dogs.
Intelligent as all get out, but each one has a real distinct personality…

right2bright on January 27, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Didn’t Bill Clinton have that dog when he was Pres? He could be heard in the Oval Office yelling, “Oh my God, COME STAINS!”

marklmail on January 27, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Hahahaa, seriously one of the funniest videos you’ve ever posted, AP. Also, I believe that dog is an Australian Shepherd (or “Aussie”). My sister has one, and they’re insanely smart. Hers is of the “Blue Merle” coat variety, which often have crazy looking eyes to begin with:
My sister’s must be slight mix or something because he doesn’t have those eyes.

At any rate, as creepy as those eyes are, they’re not frozen in a trance like “Stains”, which makes it all the more terrifying.

I had the same look on my face when I got the November election results.

Bishop on January 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Lol!

RightWinged on January 27, 2009 at 6:21 PM

First thing I thought of. Red Peters’ classic “Ballad of a Dog Named Stains”.

Doughboy on January 27, 2009 at 6:22 PM

btw, I agree with whoever it was that said HotAir needs more “The Soup”, but I would add to that, FailBlog…. I happened upon this YouTube channel some time back, and while not all of it is fall out of your chair funny, a lot of it is. Dig around a bit:

RightWinged on January 27, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Collie, do you think that was cruel?

My collies says:

It was like placing a plate full of hope and change in front of an Obama supporter — and then telling him that he’s not eligible to vote.

I guess that’s why they had to invent ACORN.

CyberCipher on January 27, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I smell an internet meme.

spmat on January 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Delivered.

spmat on January 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM

marklmail on January 27, 2009 at 6:14 PM

LOL!!

califcon on January 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM

DAMN I hate “animal people” who love their animals above all humans, including their own children often times.

I saw this train wreck show with the hyper body proud (why?), blue collar Birmingham dog vixen and I absolutely gagged….

……….its like Jerry Springer but with more fleas.

seejanemom on January 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM

marklmail on January 27, 2009 at 6:14 PM

HAHAHA!!

Comment of the week!

madne0 on January 27, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I used to have a Sheltie. They are a lot like Australian Shepherds in that they can really freeze and focus if you train them right. It’s pretty cool.

I used to leave her on one side of the street and tell her ‘stay’. She’d sit there while I went to the other side while cars went between us. Then I’d say ‘ok’ and she’d shoot across the street. Only risky if there was something around that could distract her, but with sheepherders they excel at these types of tests.

Very bright dogs.

Sapwolf on January 27, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Can’t.Stop.Laughing

The Ugly American on January 27, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I have no idea why I’m laughing so hard, but I can’t seem to stop.

Tanya on January 27, 2009 at 8:32 PM

The same thing happens to Weebork when you deny him Bacon.

- The Cat

MirCat on January 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Unfortunately I don’t think that would work with my dog. Mojo (the dog not me) would have likely taken her arm off at the elbow, eaten the cupcakes, then gnawed the severed arm to the bone for desert. All the while I would be futilely trying to get his attention with the “clicker” and yelling BAD MOJO!

BadMojo on January 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM

“I wanz the cupcaky!!”

–GOP Delegation

PattyJ on January 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM

AZCoyote on January 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM

You have got to be kidding.

First, the dog doesn’t know that the name “Stains” is humiliating, because dogs don’t get humiliated. They’re dogs.

Second, this kind of training is important. It teaches obedience and that the dog is not allowed to eat whatever food (or what they percieve as food) they can get their paws on.

Mine isn’t allowed to touch her bowl of dog food until I give the OK. Sure, if I left the room for long enough she’d give in to temptation, but I think nothing of leaving the room for a minute or two with food out because she’s trained not to eat it without permission. The daily routine of having to obey commands has resulted in a very obedient dog.

Hollowpoint on January 27, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Dude, that is AWESOME! I can’t stop laughing.

JimRich on January 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Stains deserves better than that.

Just look at the poor old dog’s face.

Heartless b!tch.

That’s animal cruelty and Stains should have mauled her ass.

SuperCool on January 28, 2009 at 6:23 AM

Stole the name from Red Peters.

Little boy names his dog Stains because of his spots. Rest of the story/song is filled with the boy calling out “Come stains”.

ej_pez on January 28, 2009 at 10:18 AM