Palin launches new PAC? Update: Legit

posted at 12:35 pm on January 27, 2009 by Allahpundit

I think it’s legit, but hold off on donating just yet. The only reporter to have any firsthand knowledge of its provenance appears to be Post gossip columnist Cindy Adams:

She’s also launching her national political action committee. Registered in Virginia, patterned after Hillary’s HillPac, Sarahpac.com is to support ideas and candidates who share the Palin vision that energy independence is this country’s future.

Next month she addresses a Washington gathering of prominent conservatives. She’s going ahead with a book. Her Facebook page has 410,000 friends. She wants to influence policy knowing the nation must turn to Alaska as its energy resource. She’s planning to be president.

Greta picked it up from there, as did James Pethokoukis at U.S. News, as did wowOwow. But when the Anchorage Daily News dialed the number, all they got was this:

So far, though, the PAC doesn’t appear to be registered with the Federal Election Commission. When I called the number listed on sarahpac.com, I got a message that referred me back to the information on the website. The answering machine message doesn’t say anything about questions from the general public, but it asks reporters with questions about the PAC to leave their name and number.

They were probably planning to roll it out later this week and Adams got a tip that the site was already live, but as I say, hang on to your money until someone confirms it. If it is for real, expect some of the money to go to green causes to help recast the ‘Cuda as a centrist. And the media to pay very close attention to how much money her PAC’s raising compared to Huck’s and Mitt’s.

Adams also claims Palin will be at the Alfalfa Club dinner with Obama that’s coming up; take a gander at the membership roll. Exit question: Will she be “nominated”?

Update: The boss just got off the phone with a spokesman for Campaign Solutions, the site’s registrar, who told her it’s for real and that the PAC papers were filed with the FEC yesterday.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9

Poptech on January 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM

You are auditioning for a beautiful long sleeved white jacket that ties around the back.

Pitiful. Just pitiful.

kingsjester on January 28, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Reliable Flip Flopper Mitt Rodney

“Romney has decided to support experimentation on surplus frozen embryos from in-vitro fertilization procedures.”
- National Review Online 2/11/2005

In February 2005, The American Spectator observed of Romney, “He is pro-choice and, aside from the marriage debate, generally in agreement with gay-rights advocates.”
- American Spectator, 2/23/2005

Republican Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney is trying to accomplish in his final year in office what Democrats can only dream of these days: boosting government spending on and regulation of health care and requiring individuals to purchase government-designed policies. Romney’s plan, which is backed by such liberals as Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, Mass.), is being pitched as a compact between citizens and the state.
- National Review Online, 1/26/2006

Romney pledged to build the Massachusetts Republican Party, but in fact he did almost nothing. During his tenure there were two elections for the entire Legislature (2004 and 2006). In each election the Republicans lost seats. Republicans now hold the fewest seats in the Legislature since the Civil War.

An Era of Hate on January 28, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I think you are really an Osama supporter pretending to like Palin.

Poptech on January 28, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Well, you got a real chuckle out of me there Proptorque.

No one even noticed that you changed your absurd argument about Palin not being qualified into an absurd argument that I’m and Osama sympathizer. You are one shrewd debatin-mamma-jamma.

The entire world trembles at the searing logic of your fiery intellect.

hawkdriver on January 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Poptech on January 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I think your silly list just made my point better than I ever could. Thanks.

BetseyRoss on January 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM

“He [Romney] is a supporter of the federal assault weapons ban.”
- Romney 2002 campaign website

Romney Favors Waiting Periods

Regarding the Brady Bill which required waiting periods to buy a handgun, Romney stated, “I don’t think [the waiting period] will have a massive effect on crime but I think it will have a positive effect.”
Boston Herald, 8/1/1994

An Era of Hate on January 28, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Nah, he supports Osama and his terrorist buddies – all his statements to the contrary are a conspiracy.

Poptech on January 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM

The smoking lamp is lit. Now we may just say any outrageous thing that comes to mind.

Fact: Poptech was banned from a NAMBLA site for expressing a desire to drop the age of legal consent too low for even them.

Fact: Poptech once was asked to leave a library in Berkeley for anti-military speech that was considered “over-the-top”.

Fact: Poptech weighs 473 pounds and is only 4’7″ tall. (But doesn’t qualify for “little-person status) although he applied because there was Federal College money that would have been available.

Fact: Poptech is an anti-Semite.

Fact: Poptechs bandana that he wears to anti-recruiter rallies is pink. (or maybe it’s a shade of violet, not sure)

Fact: Poptech exposes himself to Wall Street interns.

Fact: His My Space login name is, “Sweetums”.

Fact: He is a Liberal troll who isn’t fooling a single person here.

hawkdriver on January 28, 2009 at 11:19 AM

An Era of Hate on January 28, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Most gun owners are in favor of smart laws and would agree with Romney. I own a bunch and didn’t mind waiting three days for my permits. The Beretta 9mm is now bought registered and safety tucked in my gun safe.

hawkdriver on January 28, 2009 at 11:22 AM

hawkdriver on January 28, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Just to be clear Era, I have concerns with him too, just not the waiting period.

hawkdriver on January 28, 2009 at 11:27 AM

I see the debate still rages here.

The problem is that a few of the commenters posting here are just slightly more well behaved members of the “religion ruins everything/I don’t believe in God because I hate Him and I want Him to die” crowd.

They’re unhinged, unreasonable, and not worth debating on any subject where faith or a person who believes is involved. They just can’t bring themselves to accept that a person who “believes in 2000 year old fairy tales” could possibly be rational on any other subject. There can be no discussion when you think all that you have to do to win is mock the crazy people. It’s like talking to an insult generating robot.

TheUnrepentantGeek on January 28, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Currently she is as close to Reagan as we have in the mix
Yeah, why? Because she’s from the west? I wrote a post a few months ago asking how she differs from Huckabee in any significant way. Start there and explain.

Allahpundit on January 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM
You got that straight! There’s little difference between the two, yet I’ve been dealing with a gutter campaign against Huckabee since Iowa. I’ve watched these slimy Republicans tearing down life-long committed pro-life conservatives like Huckabee, all of a sudden become blind to the huge, glaring hypocrisy in supporting somebody very similar to him on conservative ideology, Sarah Palin. It really blows my mind how people can act like nobody notices this (their eyes dodging around everywhere). It’s highly amusing, if not pathetic, to be entirely honest. And while there is only one Reagan, Huckabee is Reaganesque in his ability to communicate. He was by far the best speaker and the most charismatic of all the candidates that ran last election. Where could I have possibly gotten the idea that Huckabee is being treated unfairly?

apacalyps on January 28, 2009 at 4:57 AM

First off, Palin isn’t Reagan. She does have some similarities (e.g., Michael Reagan noted some similarities in a column a while back). She’s a loooong way closer than Huckabee ever was.

I don’t remember Reagan using “floating cross” ads, then saying, “oh, it’s just a bookcase. Does it look like a cross? Gee, never noticed that…” or staying in a race he had clearly lost, just to pass the next person (who’d already dropped out) to come in 2nd.

Other examples out there, but Reagan was the real deal when it comes to conservatism. Huckabee is a slimy imitation conservative wannabe.

And this observation is brought to you by a conservative evangelical.

cs89 on January 28, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Interesting that Governor Palin’s Facebook page has OVER 410,000 friends. Another measure of her popularity.

littleguy on January 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM

The word ‘unhinged’ defines so much of the nutroots, the MSM, and the Obamatrons.

By the way unhinged is defined as indicating someone who is emotionally or mentally unstable.

Bill Ayres, Odinga, Reverend Wright: the definition personified.

technopeasant on January 28, 2009 at 11:38 AM

littleguy on January 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM

For a politican popularity is like like a hall-of-fame QB to his head coach–an insurance policy than can lapse at any time due to bankruptcy.

technopeasant on January 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Followed the link, and was intrigued. Did I read correctly that Obama may be speaking, and the dinner honors the birthday of Robert E. Lee?

Obama’s comments might be rather interesting.

cs89 on January 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM

littleguy on January 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM

technopeasant on January 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM

True, but most QBs never get to the hall and most politicians never reach this level.

littleguy on January 28, 2009 at 12:08 PM

The SARAHCUDA LOOKS LIKE THE REAL CONSERVATIVE candidate to me. She has the cleanest resume, and has the best personal responsibility to the people (of Alaska) that I have seen. And she “walks the walk”–in her personal life. The other candidates just blow smoke.
***
Go SarahCuda 2012–this will be the first (and only) PAC I will contribute to. No more RINO’s or “reach across the aisle” candidates. Slash and Burn politics rock! The O/Bummer / liberal / socialist / marxist policies will have trashed our country enough by 2012 to give her a real fighting chance to win.
***
John Bibb
***

rocketman on January 28, 2009 at 12:18 PM

You know why Sarah and Rush are dangerous to the permanent Presidency of Obama: they cannot be bought off or intimidated.

Sarah is authentic and Rush is eloquent. I firmly believe if we conservatives hitch our wagons to these two bellwethers we will never go wrong and that we will eventually prevail.

technopeasant on January 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Sarah, get on board with Rush Limbaugh, and the Presidency will be yours for the taking.

technopeasant on January 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM

technopeasant on January 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM

yep

hawkdriver on January 28, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Here’s an interesting article on Sarah Palin and “free-market” feminism. This is another interesting facet of the Palin phenomenom.

littleguy on January 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM

B. Hussein Obama will have fraked up the country six ways from sunday by 2012, and the GOP will be begging Gov. Palin to run!

kayo on January 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM

her “experience” with bread and butter issues qualifies her for another state-level office in her sparse state, not potus, which is the point: her lack of qualification for potus.

One reason that McCain lost the election was because he was incapable of speaking as fluently as he did about Iraq and Afghanistan about foreign policy issues. Palin could have been a real asset for him in this area because of her local and state experience as well as bio. I betcha that Sarah, as a governor, probably not only understands the complexities of federal education legislation or the Medicaid system better than JMac every could hope to, and she has the knowledge and street cred. to articulate them to middle class voters. However, in the McCain campaign’s infinite wisdom, they decided to use Palin as a partisan attack dog rather than as a domestic policy expert.

Illinidiva on January 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM

And why was Sarah not front-and-center on TV in political ads during the last week of the campaign to attract more voters to the McCain tent? That’s like the PGA not including Tiger Woods in any ads leading up to the 4 majors.

technopeasant on January 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM

technopeasant on January 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Another reason why McCain’s staff shouldn’t run another Republican campaign. A few of them would be far more comfortable working from the DNC mother ship, anyway.

littleguy on January 28, 2009 at 1:21 PM

First off, Palin isn’t Reagan.

cs89 on January 28, 2009 at 11:34 AM

That’s correct, and let me point out that I am not against Sarah Palin. Out of all the candidates who ran last election I’d take Huckabee, Hunter, and her, over all the rest and in that order. I’d still like to hear more from Palin though in the future. I hope there aren’t any surprises from her on policy.

Yeah, whatever. None of what you’re implying here is true. This controversy is all made up and has been used by those who hate God to silence Huckabee – get him out of the picture. That was an awesome ad he ran and it’s about time we have politicians like Mike who aren’t afraid to refer to Christ at Christmas!

Again, this is a manufactured controversy. Huck had every right to continue in the race. It’s never over till it’s over. How old is McCain? 72? Tell ya what, if I was in a race with somebody who was 72 I’d stay in until the end no doubt, okay, especially if the mainstream media and Republican media (folk’s like you) perpuated lies and distortions about me throughout the campaign. Why should he do any favours for people like you? You’re dreaming.

And this observation is brought to you by a conservative evangelical.

I always get a kick out of people who make that “extra” effort to mention that they are an evangelical (right after they lie about somebody) like that is supposed to make what their saying true, lol. I’m a wicked vile sinner saved by the shed blood of Christ on the cross, and that comes across real phony to me.

apacalyps on January 28, 2009 at 1:30 PM

… I betcha that Sarah, as a governor, probably not only understands the complexities of federal education legislation or the Medicaid system better than JMac every could hope to, and she has the knowledge and street cred. to articulate them to middle class voters…

Illinidiva on January 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM

And the economy, as well. Remember, “its the economy, stupid” — the battle cry Clinton used against Bush I, who was steeped in foreign policy, defense, and diplomatic credentials. The economy trumped all again this cycle and unlike the phoney Biden’s “meet me at Katie’s” pandering, Sarah Palin knows the economic realities facing the middle-class, has lived them, and faced them as Governor. Another good reason for her to be a candidate.

littleguy on January 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM

apacalyps on January 28, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Was there a Huckabee ad with an image that looked like a cross over his shoulder? (Yes). Did he downplay it? (Yes). Did I lie? (No).

Do you have any idea of my faith affiliation? (No.) Will you apologize for calling another believer a liar without any evidence? (up to you).

cs89 on January 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Sarah Palin started in politics by running for City Council in a town of 9,000.
ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on January 28, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Wrong. The population of Wasilla was ~4,000 in 1992, and closer to 5,500 when she ended her second term as mayor. Even today the city of Wasilla lists its population at just over 7,000.

For all of you who hadn’t heard of sarah before last August, and who have never been to Alaska, this photograph ought to help you understand the type of experience one would gain in Wasilla politics.

Of course, I don’t blame you (and her) for exaggerating her modest political experience.

benny shakar on January 28, 2009 at 3:24 AM

Wow! That town really grew under her leadership!

Pathetic effort, b.s. As if someone would inflater her town’s population by a couple of thousand to exaggerate her experience, when all you really have to say is, “Governor of Alaska.”

Go back to Troll School.

tom on January 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Where is Upinak? Whenever Benny Shakar spouts lies about Alaska, she corrects him.

portlandon on January 28, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Thanks for the legit picture AP.
This is a PAC I can support not the “my friends” one I was solicited for weeks ago…. Go Cuda’!

Buckeye Babe on January 28, 2009 at 3:43 PM

cs89 on January 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Funny you don’t see your own hypocrisy after your assault on Mike Huckabee.

apacalyps on January 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Fact: NAMBLA is a sick disgraceful organization pushed by mentally deranged homosexuals.

Fact: I have never been anti-military.

Fact: I am 6’4′ and weigh 250 lbs.

Fact: I have Jewish friends including my lady.

Fact: I don’t wear bandanas and have a friend who is a recruiter.

Fact: Female Wall Street interns expose themselves to me.

Fact: My Space is one of the worst designed websites on the internet.

Fact: I am a conservative libertarian.

Poptech on January 28, 2009 at 10:51 PM

apacalyps on January 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Mike Huckabee put himself out there as a Republican candidate. In my opinion, he made a poor showing.

You are welcome to your perspective. From my vantage point, it appears that he relied on the “Christian Leader” image to gain support. He appeared to use cheap shots (Mormon theology- Jesus & Lucifer brothers? Cross ad?), but if he didn’t see how it was coming across he must have been very naive.

In terms of policy & government direction, I believed other people would have served better in the office of President than Huckabee. I think I can spell out clearly why this is my opinion if necessary. I don’t think his faith should be an obstacle to political leadership, but I also refuse to support someone for political office based on their faith claims.

I was strong in my statement. “Slimy” is probably too strong a word, and I apologize for any offense.

cs89 on January 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM

cs89 on January 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM

I think he made an excellent showing and your criticism of a man who rose from meager means to become the Governor of Arkansas where the legislature is heavily Democratic is quite unfair to say the least. I don’t believe he’s the way you portray him.

You are welcome to your perspective. From my vantage point, it appears that he relied on the “Christian Leader” image to gain support. He appeared to use cheap shots (Mormon theology – Jesus & Lucifer brothers? Cross ad?), but if he didn’t see how it was coming across he must have been very naive.

See, these false accusations is what really rankles me. You forgot to throw in moron, evil, stupid, liberal, socialist, Bible-thumper, just to make it complete. Those names usually follow “Christian Leader” and “Mormon basher”. Really, that is such a gross distortion of the facts. Y’know, uh, if I’d been running I would have asked the same thing about Mormonism for the simple fact that Mitt Romney was claiming in media interviews to be a Christian and anybody who knows anything about Christianity and Mormonism knows that the Mormons have a different god than Christians do. Just because somebody says the word “god” does not mean they are talking about the same person that is the God of the Bible. I mean, it’s absurd that people are all over Huckabee for promoting himself as a “Christian Leader” (by the way, you said that, I didn’t. I don’t agree with that characterization. Huck is open about his faith, that’s all) yet, you don’t even whisper a single word about the real “phony Christian”, Mitt Romney. He’s got a different god than I do, okay, yet he pretends he’s a Christian. Romney did this to appeal to the Evangelicals. Mormons understand this tactic as “milk before meat”. In their minds it’s not lying if such misrepresentation improves the appearance of the Mormon church to the outsider. I still can’t get over that.

If you don’t agree with hucks’ policy and where he’d take government, that’s fine. That’s a more reasonable approach on your part and I have no problem with it, because these are fair concerns. You have no complaint from me if this is why you don’t support Huckabee. People can support whoever they want, just don’t lie. Huckabee is a man of faith and is a Christian leader, he doesn’t hide his faith. He wears it openly and honestly. I don’t hide my faith either. The consequences are we get attacked and lied about.

I accept your apology. I confess that I have very little patience with the some of these posters with Huck-hating neurosis after a few exchanges. I am trying to be kind and be nice. No hard feelings.

apacalyps on January 29, 2009 at 2:00 AM

I don’t think Romney ever hid the fact he is Mormon. He did present himself as more mainstream Christian than most of us view Mormonism.

As far as “Christian” and “God of the Bible” goes, it is called “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints,” and in addition to the Book of Mormon they do use the King James Version of the Bible.

I’m quite aware of the difference between, for example, Mormonism and Southern Baptists. I just think it’s overreaching to call Romney “phony” in this example- He’s Mormon, everybody knows it. Not everybody understands exactly what that means, but that’s another issue entirely.

cs89 on January 29, 2009 at 2:29 PM

cs89 on January 29, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Right. Romney didn’t hide the fact that he was a Mormon. What I’m saying is that he promoted himself as a Christian to appeal to the Evangelicals, which was deceiving and misleading to Americans. Romney knows full well the difference between Christianity and Mormonism. Mormons are not Christians. Period. And he knows that. Glenn Beck does the same thing with his pleas to Christians on his TV and radio program asking them to accept him as a Christian because he believes in Jesus. He doesn’t mention to his audience though that he thinks Jesus is “a god,” not God Almighty, or that Mormons believe after Jesus’ death, burial, resurrection and ascent to heaven, he came back for another visit and witnessed to the American Indians. The entire character of God is changed by the LDS Church (He is just one of many gods, no Trinity, Jesus and Satan are brothers). It’s sickening. They keep pushing to make Mormonism “Christian.” Somebody needs to tell Romney and Beck point blank they are Mormons, not Christians. It doesn’t matter if I like Glenn Beck and think he has some fine conservative political ideas, because I do. I literally pray for the man that he’ll wake up and stop believing that con man Joseph Smith’s fairytale. Point is, people reveal their hypocrisy by accusing Mike Huckabee for being a “phony Christian” without saying a single to the real imposters. I would not try to convince you that Islam is the same as Christianity. Romney and Beck are not stupid. They know exactly what they’re doing. They want to convince you that Mormonism is the same as Christianity and with them take you to hell. It’s not out of hate or even dislike when I state my opposition to Mormons like Romney and Beck. They are in very real danger of missing Christ’ free gift of salvation. I don’t want them to end up in hell. No joke.

The Mormons have four books as their scriptures:

• The Bible, King James version
• The Book of Mormon
• The Doctrine and Covenants
• The Pearl of Great Price

The Mormons consider the Book of Mormon to be the most important of these books. In addition, the president of the Church is considered to be a living prophet.

I just think it’s overreaching to call Romney “phony” in this example – He’s Mormon, everybody knows it. Not everybody understands exactly what that means, but that’s another issue entirely.

Well, I disagree completely. For the reasons listed above. This double standard ranks right up there with the whited sepulchres who visciously attack Huckabee and his conservative values, yet glowingly embraced Sarah Palin and hers. The two are virtually identical in terms of the conservative ideology they espouse.

apacalyps on January 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM

apacalyps on January 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Huckabee wasn’t running for Pastor- he already had that job. He was running to serve Americans, of all cultures and religious backgrounds, as their political leader.

I know plenty about Mormonism & Christianity. I personally don’t consider Mormons Christian, for some of the reasons you list. If they want to call themselves “Christian” along with Mormon, it doesn’t bother me. There are plenty of people sitting in pews of evangelical churches who aren’t going to make it to heaven, also, IMO.

There are policy differences between Huck and Palin. A bigger difference is the concept of authenticity. Palin has it, Huckabee IMO doesn’t. When I hear Palin, I hear a mom next door. When I hear Huckabee, I hear a used car salesman.

But maybe that’s just me.

cs89 on January 29, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Huckabee wasn’t running for Pastor- he already had that job.

cs89 on January 29, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Well, cs89, this is more of the same from you. The same old line of attack against Huck. It’s almost like people are programmed to believe this propoganda no matter what evidence is put before them. Like I said, Huckabee is a man of faith and is a Christian leader, and he is not a person to hide his faith. The Bible says “If any man be in Christ, he is a NEW CREATURE: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17). How can Huckabee get around this if it’s part of his DNA? This is a natural thing to want to share and speak about your faith when you get saved. There is nothing devious about it. Of course, you’ll answer that he is a phony and is using his faith for political gain. Which is what his detractors who hate him want to talk about.

Yeah. Yeah. Same old smear. The fact that he wants to protect traditional marriage and the sanctity of life. Securing our borders and reforming the immigration system. Fighting the war on terror. Abolish the IRS and bring in the Fair Tax. None of these things matter and will override your notion that Mike Huckabee was too “Christian” and was running to be the Pastor of the United States.

So it doesn’t bother you that Mormons call themselves Christian. Wow. This says alot about your current thinking. Do you also think that the LORD would agree with you? Do you think He appreciates being re-defined by Mormons when He says, “I am the LORD, I change not” (Malachi 3:6)? Or is it possible that He wants Mormons to know the truth of who God is, and to realize they are being fooled by Joseph Smith who twisted and changed the truth concerning Christ? Sorry, cs89, but, uh, you’ve got a “new age” teaching here that says anybody can call identify themselves as Christian no matter what their beliefs, and this is.. is… really sucking in millions of people into these false philosophies; these false theologies; and they are literally leading people to hell. Your comment reminds me of Oprah. She claims to be a Christian and the problem is, a Christian believes that this Bible is the only truth there is and Jesus Christ is the only way to be saved. Mormons knocking on folks doors claiming to be Christians and leading thousands of people to hell with Mormon doctrine should really bother you – alot – and the fact that it doesn’t worries me.

That has nothing to do with Mormons twisting the Gospel of Jesus Christ and leading people down a road to destruction.

Besides the “authenticity” factor, what else you got? What other main policy differences?

apacalyps on January 29, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Here’s my point on Mormonism- they can call themselves “Christian” if they want to. I can’t stop them- neither can you. God knows the difference, and their heart. I know the difference in theology between the religions, as do you.

This was a Presidential election. Noting that Huckabee wore his religion on his sleeve is not a smear.

Let’s put this in another context- If I had a brain tumor, and there was a Mormon surgeon with excellent skill, and a Christian surgeon who just skated through by the skin of his teeth, I’d opt for the Mormon any day.

That’s my perspective on the election. It wasn’t about faith. Huckabee appeared to emphasize his faith to a greater degree than I was comfortable with in pursuing a political office.

BTW, I’m not a Romneyite. I was one of the few Thompson voters in the Nevada caucus, FWIW.

cs89 on January 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM

cs89 on January 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM

People can say and believe whatever they want. Believe whatever you want! Go ahead. Anything! I’m saying just because people believe something doesn’t mean we agree or keep silent about it. You say you’re a Christian, yet you stated, “If they (Mormons) want to call themselves “Christian” along with Mormon, it doesn’t bother me.” Free speech doesn’t negate the fact that you have a dangerous philosophy goi

apacalyps on January 30, 2009 at 2:48 PM