Susan Collins: I can’t vote for a tax cheat for Treasury secretary; Update: Geithner confirmed, 60-34; Update: Ten Republicans vote yes

posted at 5:15 pm on January 26, 2009 by Allahpundit

Co-starring Andrea Mitchell, playing devil’s advocate for Obama the way any objective journalist would. The floor vote’s scheduled for 6 p.m. ET; Geithner will, of course, sail through, but watching one of the Senate’s foremost RINOs make the case against him here leaves me intrigued about the final tally. I’m betting 70/30, with Orrin Hatch’s case of Geithner fever infecting roughly 10 Republicans. Anyone want to take the under?

In fairness, he partly redeemed himself with this:

Hatch closed by saying that there is a double standard for nominations, and Geithner is benefiting from it. If a Republican nominee had Geithner’s tax record, Hatch said, he or she would have been attacked by Democrats and the media, and “the president would have had no choice other than to withdraw the nomination.” “A Republican nominee in Mr. Geithner’s position would not have even gotten a committee vote,” Hatch said.

The boss thinks this should be an obvious party-line no vote, and after some rumination, I agree. We have to pick our spots in opposing The One at this point, partly because he’s so popular at the moment and partly because we don’t want the force of a no vote diminished by opposing everything and coming off as mindless obstructionists. But Obama’s other appointees have all been rubber-stamped; only Holder will catch static, and with good reason. If you can’t draw the line on a tax cheat at Treasury, where can you draw it? Thumbs down.

Update: If you took the under, you win! A closer vote than expected. Stand by for the roll, to see how many Republicans besides Hatch defected.

Update: I was spot on: 10 Republicans voted yes.

Corker
Cornyn
Crapo
Ensign
Graham
Gregg
Hatch
Shelby
Snowe
Voinovich

Byrd and Harkin voted no among the Democrats.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Very surprised to see Hatch and Cornyn on that list. Very surprised.

aero on January 26, 2009 at 7:13 PM

All 10 of those idiot RINO’s need to be voted out of office in their next elections.

AZCoyote on January 26, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Let us note this as Tax Freedom Day. From now on, we no longer have to pay taxes. Or does that only apply to those in charge of the tax code?

rbj on January 26, 2009 at 7:15 PM

cadams on January 26, 2009 at 7:11 PM

DeMint is so great that it amazes me that he and Graham are from the same state.

INC on January 26, 2009 at 7:15 PM

I am so shocked to see Cornyn on the list of yeas. I truly expected it to be the other way around, Cornyn no, Hutchison, yea. Oh well, he just lost my vote, because there is no reason good enough to vote for a tax cheat to head the treasury department.

Sue on January 26, 2009 at 7:15 PM

The steam rolling of the USA by the socialists continue!

grapeknutz on January 26, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I wonder how many of these “yea” senators have cheated on their taxes and were worried that by voting against Geithner their taxes would come under more scrutiny.

Buddahpundit on January 26, 2009 at 7:17 PM

AZCoyote on January 26, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Graham is in until 2014. How do I wish Sanford had run against him in the primary.

cadams on January 26, 2009 at 7:17 PM

At least Voinovich isn’t running anymore. Just two more years of that doofus.

rbj on January 26, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Specter, no. Hmmm, well he is up in 2010, and might face a conservative primary challenger without Bush and Santorum to help him.

Wethal on January 26, 2009 at 7:18 PM

GOP Yes Votes:

Corker
Cornyn
Crapo
Ensign
Grahamnesty
Gregg
Hatch
Voino
Snowe
Shelby

Mike D. on January 26, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Feingold and Kohl are my senators. I am surprised Feingold voted No. Kohl always votes the way of the Dems.

Brat4life on January 26, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Snowe
Shelby

Mike D. on January 26, 2009 at 7:18 PM

What the fedge?

johnnyU on January 26, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Die RINOS DIE!

I am going to go pray for a Christian outlook. I think I need to pray a lot!

IlikedAUH2O on January 26, 2009 at 7:21 PM

what a bunch of fuctards

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on January 26, 2009 at 7:21 PM

The votes are now posted.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Kennedy (D-MA), Not Voting

Hmmm, I wonder why Ted Kennedy didn’t vote.

Maybe he was busy out buying princess Caroline a new pony yacht as a condolence for her being denied her senate coronation.

MB4 on January 26, 2009 at 7:22 PM

rbj on January 26, 2009 at 7:15 PM

No. You do exactly as the fox (Geithner) who’s in charge of the hen house (IRS). You don’t pay in April, or quarterly, then in 3 years to pay everything you owe (in the meanwhile you invest your own money), you apologize, and get appointed to be in charge of the IRS.

This is so sweet and unreal – it’s only possible in a liberal world view, with the blessing of moron ‘conservatives’.

p.s. for good measure you also hire a few illegals to help around the house.

If this is the only guy who can handle (money) anything in this country, we’re indeed scroomed.

Entelechy on January 26, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Snowe
Shelby

Mike D. on January 26, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Hall of Shame.

progressoverpeace on January 26, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Crapo?

Good name in the circumstances.

Blaise on January 26, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Corker

Oh, look, there’s one of my senators. At least the other RINO from my state (L. Alexander) voted nay.

meltenn on January 26, 2009 at 7:24 PM

There’s nothing mindless about principled opposition to immoral and impractical policies, no matter how popular or frequent, quite the opposite. Until Republican politicians grow some new moral fiber and stop engaging in pragmatic triangulation — like some allegedly pro-conservative commentators keep recommending — they will continue to fail to attract support.

Cynical, pseudo-practicality does not inspire support.

JDPerren on January 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM

I wonder if DA ONE will dump Gupta for surgeon general and replace him with a convicted rapist.

Seriously, this stinks. The next time our congrescritter (who supported obama) is at one of our business meetings, I plan to ask him a question about this…

bullseye on January 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Buddahpundit on January 26, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Hmmmmm. Now that’s an interesting observation that I hadn’t even thought of. Touche. Very Clintonesque of you!

IrishEi on January 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Well I see little Ms. Lindsey voted yea for the tax criminal even though Juan voted nay. Trouble in paradise?

MB4 on January 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM

One more thing – let the IRS remind/warn you, repeatedly, about your overdue taxes, just like they did Geithner. Just quote him as an example/precedent.

I’m beginning to like this system.

Entelechy on January 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM

I don’t even have to look to know how my senators voted.
NJ :o(

IrishEi on January 26, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Thank you Senator Collins for voting NO to a tax fraud.

Collins got my vote in November, but I’ll be damned if Snowe does when the next one comes up, assuming anything conservative runs against her… hard to find in this neck of the woods, think “Massachussetts Light” for southern Maine.

(Collins was a no-brainer, her opposition was a big time Bush hating ultra liberal – Tom Allen)

maineconservative on January 26, 2009 at 7:28 PM

MB4 on January 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Well Sen. Graham and Sen. McCain have minds of their own, it appears.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 7:29 PM

60-34? Had every Rep voted no, he wouldn’t have made it. A preview for everyone of what the next 50 or so years will look like with the GOP caving in on everything. It was a nice country for 230 years.

angryed on January 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM

meltenn on January 26, 2009 at 7:24 PM

lol

eh on January 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I guess Cornyn answered my rhetorical question – he decided to ignore me.

Peri Winkle on January 26, 2009 at 7:32 PM

AZCoyote on January 26, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Seriously, Cornyn’s no RINO. Not by a long shot. I’d really like to know his thinking on this one.

aero on January 26, 2009 at 7:32 PM

what a bunch of fuctards

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on January 26, 2009 at 7:21 PM

is this a moby?

i can’t even tell any more.

eh on January 26, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Der Kindergarten is indignant.

Entelechy on January 26, 2009 at 7:34 PM

aero,

A friend from Texas at JOM thinks it was vote swapping. And Cornyn isn’t up for re-election until 2012, hoping we all forget this little yeah vote today.

Sue on January 26, 2009 at 7:34 PM

The steam rolling of the USA by the socialists continue!

And we ain’t seen nothing yet.

This was the clear indication. Nothing more ever need be said, really.

Alana on January 26, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Well there goes the IRS’ moral authority. Not that they ever had any to begin with, but still.
2010 can’t happen soon enough.
It’d be nice to see if there are any primary challengers for these clowns.
Frankly it’d be nice to see conservatives running for every seat in congress in 2010. There’s gotta be a way to help make that happen

Iblis on January 26, 2009 at 7:34 PM

So if those 10 Repubes (and I mean RePUBES) has voted him down, plus if Bond have showed up to vote NO, Geithner would have been denied?

A FREAKIN’ TAX CHEAT TO LEAD THE TREASURY??

I’m mad as h*ll and I’m not gonna take it anymore.

Hatch. Cornyn. All of them…..SCUM SCUM SCUM.

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on January 26, 2009 at 7:34 PM

MB4 on January 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM

McCain is up for re-election in 2010 and perhaps is trying to fake that he’s a conservative. His poodle just got re-elected, so can safely act like a RINO for a few years.

Wethal on January 26, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Sue on January 26, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Cornyn is a gigantic disappointment AND he just got re-elected so we Texas conservatives are going to have to live with this RINO.   I didn’t vote for Cornyn this last election because he also voted yea on the first bailout debacle.   I don’t think the man has any priciples?
Hutchinson’s ‘no’ vote doesn’t surprise me too much.   In the past ‘pork’ could have been Hutchinson’s middle name, but NOW Kay Bailey is going to run for Texas governor so for the moment she will be a ‘fiscal conservative’.
Arrrhhhhhgggg!

martywd on January 26, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Just sent a strongly worded email of disappointment to one of my senators (Crapo-ID, Risch voted no). I’m not holding my breath regarding a reasoned reply defending his Yes vote.

I emphasised that he certainly voted against the wishes of the vast majority of his constituents. No way Idaho voters would have supported Geithner.

Ace ODale on January 26, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Exactly. Seems to me a pretty good way of differentiating between those whose own taxes are fraudulent, and those who think their own taxes could stand up to scrutiny.

Sort of a handy cheat sheet to the cheats.

Alana on January 26, 2009 at 7:35 PM

aero on January 26, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Especially since he made a big fuss about Hillary Clinton being nominated.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Oops, I can’t add. Cornyn isn’t up for re-election until 2014.

Sue on January 26, 2009 at 7:36 PM

So now that Tim “Turbo Tax” Geithner has been approved to be Treasury Secretary for the U.S. perhaps he can now direct his underlings at the IRS to do his taxes for him so that he won’t make the same “mistakes” he made when he worked for the IMF.

“Mistakes” that included:

1. Signing a statement from the IMF that he was aware he was responsible for personal Social Security and Medicare taxes from his IMF pay.

2. Accepting a check from IMF to pay for one half of those taxes.

3. Cashing that check.

4. Then, after all of the above, not filing taxes.

Just better hope that Mr. Turbo Tax doesn’t make the same “mistakes” when handing out trillions of your fiatscos to the financial system.

KentAllard on January 26, 2009 at 7:37 PM

That insufferable piece of crap George Voinovich could not bring himself to vote for John Bolton, but he votes for Timothy Geithner? When does he finally leave the Senate? He has been a disgrace and insult to Ohio and the United States since he first took the oath of office.

Jdripper on January 26, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Treasury the IRS to overlook
On top it just got a tax crook
Obama this calls political art
Ethics in the wind he’ll fa*t
10 Republicans bend by the book

Entelechy on January 26, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Especially since he made a big fuss about Hillary Clinton being nominated.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Until she threatened him in the rotunda with “The Clontons don’t forget” and he promptly voted to confirm her.

Entelechy on January 26, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I’m watching the swearing in of this bozo now. Barf-o-rama… Obama once again blames the “end of an era where profits were more important than risk”. They stuffed the audience with Democrats. (The audience gave Geithner a standing ovation after the swearing in).

And, of course, Geithner’s speech says nothing about economics or hard plans but platitudes about how Obama’s policies will be implemented and they will be successful.

Skywise on January 26, 2009 at 7:42 PM

What’s happening here is really quite simple.

You cannot run your home like this.

You cannot run a business like this.

This country is not actually “too big to fail”.

If we continue to allow these people to act like despots and mobsters then…

The End of the Republic is Nigh.

Dorvillian on January 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM

angryed on January 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Ed, don’t be so angry. There’s hope in the 34 no votes; it’s a step in the right direction.
And IF all 10 REPUBs had voted no, wouldn’t the vote have been 50 for? And do Senate rules say a majority of how many Senators there are (since there are 2 vacant seats, there are 98?) or is it 50 + votes needed? if so, Biden would cast the deciding vote, wouldn’t he? So even with all REPUBs voting NO he still would have been confirmed.

I’m pleased to see that some REPUBs I consider shaky did do the right thing.
We need to look for positives and build on them.

Red State State of Mind on January 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Mavrick voted No?!

eaglescout1998 on January 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Maverick voted No?!

Darn it. Fixed.

eaglescout1998 on January 26, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Mavrick voted No?!

eaglescout1998 on January 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I think Maverick’s going for the 2012 nomination…

Skywise on January 26, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Especially since he made a big fuss about Hillary Clinton being nominated.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 7:36 PM

He raised a valid point about the agreement for her Hubby to disclose donors, right?

Red State State of Mind on January 26, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Red State State of Mind on January 26, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Yes valid point. However, why didn’t he have any concerns over the Gethner nomination? At least he didn’t express them.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Oops, I can’t add. Cornyn isn’t up for re-election until 2014.

Sue on January 26, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Thanks for the insight. I had been admiring how he’d kicked Hillary in the shins, but her appointment was a given. Coryn is a POS for this vote.

Voinovich is a grave disappointment. I’m glad I’ll be voting for Rob Portman rather than Voino’s sorry ass in 2010.

I don’t get Hatch–Mr. Paragon of Virtue.

I thought Corker had a backbone, I don’t understand Shelby’s vote either, and for some reason I thought Ensign was a solid citizen. Screw ‘em all.

Maybe they’re saving up their ammo for some death matches on judicial appointments.

BuckeyeSam on January 26, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Update: I was spot on: 10 Republicans voted yes.

The usual suspects.

gryphon202 on January 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Jdripper on January 26, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Reside in his state. He’s goin in 2010. What the hell did he have to lose with a “no” vote.

BuckeyeSam on January 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Treasury the IRS to overlook
On top it just got a tax crook
Obama this calls political art
Ethics in the wind he’ll fa*t
10 Republicans bend by the book

Entelechy on January 26, 2009 at 7:39 PM

The IRS Geithner will oversee
Probably get directives from you-know-he
Rush had better dot all his 1040 I’s and cross all his 1040 T’s
Or off to prison he will be

Cheshire Cat on January 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM

BuckeyeSam on January 26, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Yeah, I’m going to be way more upset when a very liberal “living constitution” (another way of saying the Constitution means what I want it to mean) judge gets nominated to the Supreme Court.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Dumb question here, but isn’t most of the questioning done by committee as the first stage? I think he’s on the Foreign relations Committee and may not be on the Committee that had to question Geithner. Not sure if there was debate allowed before the full Senate vote. Anyway, he’s definitely a good Conservative, and I’m not going to nit pick over every litle thing when we are clearly in the Minority. (NOT saying you are a nit picker either terry)

If someone holds 75 + % of my views, I’m going to support him/her.

Red State State of Mind on January 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM

MB4 on January 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Wethal on January 26, 2009 at 7:35 PM

That’s exactly right. All those “racists and bigots and nativists” in S.C. just re-elected McCain’s lapdog, so he can continue to show them his ass for the next 5 years or so. McCain, on the other hand, is up for re-election next year, so he has to at least pretend, occasionally, to be a Republican, for the benefit of us racists and bigots and nativists here in AZ — at least until he’s safely re-elected, that is. After that, it’s back to business as usual.

AZCoyote on January 26, 2009 at 7:52 PM

eh on January 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Apparently, Hank Williams Jr. is planning to run in the primary against Corker in 2012. Hank’s a great guy and everything, but these are my options? Really? *sigh*

And Tim McGraw has talked about running for governor in a few years (as a Democrat, of course). What is with these people?

meltenn on January 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM

AZCoyote on January 26, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I bet they flipped a coin to decide who was voting for and who was voting against.

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM

OMG, Specter voted NAY???? Can’t believe it, oh that’s right, he is going to have some opposition for his seat in two years. thought maybe he was just being a REAL Repub after all. No such luck…..*sigh*

clinker46 on January 26, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Yahoooo, MN didn’t make the RINO list! Then again, Coleman probably would have voted yes.

Bishop on January 26, 2009 at 7:59 PM

If someone holds 75 + % of my views, I’m going to support him/her.

Red State State of Mind on January 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I didn’t say I don’t support Cornyn. To be honest I’m not too familiar with his voting record. I just didn’t like this particular vote of his, that’s all.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I knew it the republicans CAVED in to the messiah

WHY?

Because the republicans are not true conservatives
the republicans cannot stand before the one
and argue that what he is doing or this tax cheat is doing
is wrong

When they themselves turned a BLIND eye towards wall street
While CEOS were raking in 50 million a year
While CEOS were shipping all the jobs to china
While CEOS were then jumping overboard right before the building caught fire and burned everything around them..

the republicans were totally unwilling to even CHECK if perhaps the maddoffs of WALLSTREET maybe just maybe werent
BREAKING every law in our books..

The republicans were corrupted by campaign donations just like the democrats..

the difference is when it was time for them to stand up
and actually do the right thing..

they were so afraid of loosing all of that money they chose to remain silent while everyone GOT SCREWED..

No this time i am NOT surprised by the republicans
Because they know they are corrupt so they are trying to appease the democrats because
they see the winds blowing money towards obama and they desperatly want their share of it..

I am sorry republicans if they want to regain my trust
need to clean up their own house first and then
stand up for clean politics and the planks of the conservative party..

Secure borders
Balanced budget without tax gimmicks for their rich friends
Justice for investors when CEOS rob the bank’
Justice when wal street speculators screw us with oil futures

Just being anti gay isnt enough ..
just being pro life is not enough..

the republican party must choose
Either really take a real stand for 4 years against obama and all of the democrats and leftists

or cave in and try to suck up to the dems and obama

We now see which way the republicans are leaning..
and it isnt RIGHT

jcila on January 26, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Sue on January 26, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Same here.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Me too.

herrevery on January 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Hatch is a weenie who just wants to get along. Hopefuly someone will run against him in the primary.

melda on January 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM

meltenn on January 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM

i don’t know, man. i just don’t know.

i really shouldn’t be looking for trouble in this thread. the truth is that this is a genuine outrage, and what hatch said as quoted about double-standards and a similarly compromised candidate from the gop not even getting to nomination was absolutely correct.

but what are you gonna do? can’t fight it. the gop and the conservative grassroots are blunted and splintered. it’s hopeless.

eh on January 26, 2009 at 8:04 PM

It’s not just the tax cheating that is at issue with Geithner. He could not play dumb about his obligation. He was repeatedly reminded of his personal responsibility by the IMF and compensated for that payroll obligation.

Beyond those points though, he was a New York Fed officer. Yet he failed to see the credit crisis problem looming? He had a role in the disbursement of TARP funds. Yet no one appears to have an accurate accounting of them? How loosey-goosey is this guy?

Andrea Mitchell was certainly being a partisan on behalf of Obama in her reporting efforts. (What a pushy beast! Do she and Greenspan engage in economic pillow talk as foreplay?) Geithner is uniquely qualified. He is the only one with economic credentials? No wonder the Dems are so full of mush on economic issues.

onlineanalyst on January 26, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Forever after known as the Tax Cheat Ten

faraway on January 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM

McCain did the right thing. How about some thanks for that.

Mr. Joe on January 26, 2009 at 8:20 PM

I knew it the republicans CAVED in to the messiah

WHY?

They are not caving into Obama but public opinion polls. Politicians follow polls. As long as Obama’s approval ratings are really high don’t expect Republicans to hammering away at him. Sad but true.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I guess hell froze over–Cornyn “yes” and McCain “no?!”

Special K on January 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM

What the hell?? The maverick voted no and Cornyn voted yes?? What is going on??

Cornyn, may your email server crash and burn from hearing from every conservative you represent, including me…

sloopy on January 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM

That is it. I am changing my party affiliation to an I.

I cant take this no balls GOP stuff anymore. They might as well just swap parties and become Democrats. They are to scared to do the right things.

When they grow a pair I might come back to the GOP, but as of today, the GOP I use to know, is dead.

I am writing Vitter and Jindal.

TheHat on January 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM

McCain waffled. He did not state clearly his position. He did not lead.

faraway on January 26, 2009 at 8:23 PM

We must clear out the Tax Cheat Ten. These people clearly will not stand by their principles.

faraway on January 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I will add: If a Republican president was just sworn in with such high approval ratings, I’m sure Dems would also be caving in too.

terryannonline on January 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM

jcila@ January 26, 2009 at 8:01PM

Good Stuff. You just about nailed it.

volsense on January 26, 2009 at 8:26 PM

I think the people of Iceland showed the world how to get real change.

getalife on January 26, 2009 at 8:27 PM

McCain did the right thing. How about some thanks for that.

Mr. Joe on January 26, 2009 at 8:20 PM

True, but for the right reason? Because he’s running in 2010 (cynical motive)? Or because of the principle that a tax cheat shouldn’t head Treasury (honorable motive)?

Wethal on January 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Crap, I just saw read that in addition to Byrd and Harkins, Feinstein and Sanders voted no – Feinstein the lib Dem and Sanders the Indy socialist.

So the infamous liberal and a freakin’ socialist and an ex-KKK member have more balls or conscience than the alleged republican tax cheat 10.

sloopy on January 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM

There is a school of thought out there that the GOP is waiting to fight for picks that last a lifetime, the court. I personally think they can do both. If they can’t stop Mr. Geithner, then they won’t stop anyone.

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Cornyn voted yes because he just got reelected. Kay Bailout wants to be governor, so she has to start pretending to be conservative again.

Wino on January 26, 2009 at 8:35 PM

GOP POS Yes Votes:

Corker Shows why TN “repubs” suck
Cornyn sell-out
Crapo without the “o” it makes sense
Ensign UGH – major let down
Gra Shamnesty
Gregg when did he become a “repub?”
Hatch Poster Boy for Term Limits
Voino don’t let your crybaby butt get hit on the way, idiot.
Snowe Nothing to see here; move along
Shelby Why did you bother switching parties?

Mike D. on January 26, 2009 at 7:18 PM

That’s all. Thanks for the list Mike D.

Branch Rickey on January 26, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Lost: GOP Leader

Call 1-800-conservative if found.

Last seen in 2004.

faraway on January 26, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I just went to Cornyn’s site and ripped him a new one.

Sekhmet on January 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM

A party that elects folk who will vote to confirm a tax cheat as head of Treasury deserves to lose elections

JIMV on January 26, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I frakking sat in the local GOP office this past election, helping hand out Cornyn campaign materials. I helped campaign for that d*ckcheese. WHY DID I WASTE MY TIME???

Sekhmet on January 26, 2009 at 8:46 PM

I saw that about icland and they are pissed off

but i also heard that latvians are so pissed off
they want to get pitchforks!!!

Its funny because during wwII latvians supposedly wrote more poetry than actual fighting..
I dont know if that is true but it was a great analogy

Because both parties do NOT realize HOW pissed OFF americans are..

I dont want bailouts..
I dont want money
if i get fired SO be it..
I would at least LIKE for my chidren and grandchildren
to actually have a country to LIVE IN..
in the next 4 years..

but with these morons in charge it wont happen
they have all sold out..
Period.
Mccain i am sorry but i dont believe the maverick bullcrap
why he did it i dont know.
but it doesnt matter for they are all corrupt anyway and need to be taken out of office.

jcila on January 26, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Cornyn keeps getting off the conservative track! Voting for TARP was disgusting and now voting for this cheating fraud to run our Treasury.

Hutchison has something on the line here in Texas. Too bad Cornyn has a fresh 6 six term!!!!

suburbanmom on January 26, 2009 at 8:51 PM