Susan Collins: I can’t vote for a tax cheat for Treasury secretary; Update: Geithner confirmed, 60-34; Update: Ten Republicans vote yes

posted at 5:15 pm on January 26, 2009 by Allahpundit

Co-starring Andrea Mitchell, playing devil’s advocate for Obama the way any objective journalist would. The floor vote’s scheduled for 6 p.m. ET; Geithner will, of course, sail through, but watching one of the Senate’s foremost RINOs make the case against him here leaves me intrigued about the final tally. I’m betting 70/30, with Orrin Hatch’s case of Geithner fever infecting roughly 10 Republicans. Anyone want to take the under?

In fairness, he partly redeemed himself with this:

Hatch closed by saying that there is a double standard for nominations, and Geithner is benefiting from it. If a Republican nominee had Geithner’s tax record, Hatch said, he or she would have been attacked by Democrats and the media, and “the president would have had no choice other than to withdraw the nomination.” “A Republican nominee in Mr. Geithner’s position would not have even gotten a committee vote,” Hatch said.

The boss thinks this should be an obvious party-line no vote, and after some rumination, I agree. We have to pick our spots in opposing The One at this point, partly because he’s so popular at the moment and partly because we don’t want the force of a no vote diminished by opposing everything and coming off as mindless obstructionists. But Obama’s other appointees have all been rubber-stamped; only Holder will catch static, and with good reason. If you can’t draw the line on a tax cheat at Treasury, where can you draw it? Thumbs down.

Update: If you took the under, you win! A closer vote than expected. Stand by for the roll, to see how many Republicans besides Hatch defected.

Update: I was spot on: 10 Republicans voted yes.

Corker
Cornyn
Crapo
Ensign
Graham
Gregg
Hatch
Shelby
Snowe
Voinovich

Byrd and Harkin voted no among the Democrats.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

oh and about the liberals NO do not beleive anythig they say

I am now convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt
the liberals are trying to look like they care about the country
So they can claim their bi-partisanship bullcrap..

they want COVER like the cockroaches they all are.
they hide behind something whenever the light of truth hits them..

the only difference between republicans and demorats
is
Democrats are funded by communists and islamic terrorists
Republicans are funded by theives with suits..

other than that
No difference..

jcila on January 26, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Cornyn is keeps getting off the conservative track. Voting for TARP was disgusting and now voting for a cheating tax fraud to run out Treasury!

I called his office and emailed when I learned he voted yes in the Finance Committee about Geitner. Suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.

Unfortunately, we have him for 6 years!!!

suburbanmom on January 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM

This is exactly what i was afraid of
No one is standing up and doing what is right for the country

I dont care we dont have the money for this vile crap
and instead of hiring someone who actually lives the talk
they instead had to dig down into the deepest cesspool
to find this guy to run the IRS
then they claim (LIE) to the american people expecting us to believe this bullcrap??
No no more..

jcila on January 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I will give McCain credit for voting no.

And I agree with the person about Iceland. They are showing us the way.

Alana on January 26, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I suggest that when filling out our tax returns this year, we calculate the actual amount we owe, then we reduce that amount by 1/3 or 1/2, and then we pay the reduced amount. If audited by the IRS, we’ll tell them we calculated our tax liability using the Geithner Method. If it’s good enough for the new Treasury Secretary, it should be good enough for the rest of us.

AZCoyote on January 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM

They really really do not get it.

No one trusts Washington, and this is exactly why.

They just put a known tax cheat, someone who knowingly broke tax law, in charge of the IRS.

You can’t make this stuff up…. its… insane…

Romeo13 on January 26, 2009 at 9:12 PM

From the HA headlines, on topic

Elections have consequences.”

benny shakar on January 26, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Apparently tax fraud doesn’t.

Chuck Schick on January 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Then, nothing from the children on the federal dole. The silence is deafening. It speaks volumes.

Entelechy on January 26, 2009 at 9:14 PM

AZCoyote on January 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM

The Geithner Method .. rofl

tartan on January 26, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I agree with everyone else. The nomination was wrong. It sends the wrong message and someone else could have been found for the position.

tartan on January 26, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Can I say I am in total shock that Byrd voted nay.

tee866 on January 26, 2009 at 9:28 PM

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Fallen Lehman Brothers Chief Executive Richard Fuld sold his $13.3 million mansion to his wife for just $100 last November, according to Florida real estate records.

The 62-year old executive, who could face civil lawsuits after overseeing the storied investment bank’s collapse into Chapter 11 proceedings last September, transferred ownership of the 3.3 acres seaside home to Kathleen Fuld on November 10, records show.

The couple had jointly bought the home for $13.75 million in March 2004, as first reported by Cityfile.com.

Protecting looted assets

KentAllard on January 26, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Can I say I am in total shock that Byrd voted nay.
tee866 on January 26, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Byrd has actually been dead for three years but no one has the seeds to inform West Virgina voters. The nay vote was only his dessicated corpse collapsing to the floor and they took that as a no.

Bishop on January 26, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I’m watching the swearing in of this bozo now. Barf-o-rama… Obama once again blames the “end of an era where profits were more important than risk”.

Skywise on January 26, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Fox News should run that video in a split screen. On the other side of the screen would be the YouTube video of Barney Frank, telling FM/FM regulators in a Congressional hearing a few years ago how he wants these government lending institutions to be taking “more risk, not less,” when making lending decisions. There’s nothing to fear, our banking system is sound, nothing could ever go wrong . . . . More risk, more, more, more . . . .

But it’s all the fault of those greedy Republicans on Wall Street, right Bambi? That’s your story (the one that got you elected), and you’re sticking to it, damn it. Who cares about the truth? Stick with the narrative that works for you.

AZCoyote on January 26, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Cornyn?! WTH???

I expect this kind of crap from Hutchinson, but not Cornyn. But then again she is running for Governor next year.

SimplyKimberly on January 26, 2009 at 9:40 PM

We need to thank those Senators who voted no and maintained conservative standards.

mindhacker on January 26, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Bishop on January 26, 2009 at 9:30 PM
I’ve said all along the people of WV will elect that man even after he’s dead but no one believed me.lmao

tee866 on January 26, 2009 at 9:45 PM

10 little RINO’s to be kicked out of the Senate.

How many must be dumped from the House?

Enough of this lickspittle stupidity.

The spineless RINOs must go.

profitsbeard on January 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I am SURE (before checking the voting results) that my Senators, Feinstein and Boxer, draped the floor for Geithner to walk on them “first” and then kissed his feet with their tears, while offering him back rubs and special kisses. And that was before the vote.

S on January 26, 2009 at 10:00 PM

…when filling out our tax returns this year, we calculate the actual amount we owe, then we reduce that amount by 1/3 or 1/2, and then we pay the reduced amount. If audited by the IRS, we’ll tell them we calculated our tax liability using the Geithner Method. If it’s good enough for the new Treasury Secretary, it should be good enough for the rest of us.

AZCoyote on January 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Hahaha, I’d actually say that’s very funny but it’s too true. So it’s nearly painful to read: how far lowdown and gross our federal government has gone, in just, what, one week.

S on January 26, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Let’s all pause and think about this one more time:

S on January 26, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I’ve been standing on the head about it for quite some time, S.

To me, it’s a pretty good signal of where we stand, kind of like the shot heard round the world. Only it’s the shot at us, by the government.

Alana on January 26, 2009 at 10:09 PM

*my* head

Alana on January 26, 2009 at 10:09 PM

It’s great that many Republicans voted no on Geithner.

Obama’s circle is being comprised of one lying,cheating,corrupt official after another.

Dodd,Barney Frank,Geithner,Charlie Rangel,Jefferson(just voted out by his district),Richardson(had to drop out),and Obama,Reid,Pelosi sucking up and taking money from Big Oil,Big Business,and lobbyist after spending years demonizing Republicans for doing business with them.

The only change in this is how the press and the liberal sheep that follow Obama are giving him a total pass on this.

Having a (D) beside your name sure does excuse a lot in the minds of the “smart ones”.

Baxter Greene on January 26, 2009 at 10:36 PM

my email to John Cornyn;

I was extremely disappointed to see that you voted to approve Timothy Geithner as Treasury secretary. You were one of only ten Republicans to do so.

Mr Geithner should have been automatically disqualified to serve in a role of public trust. His defence of his “mistake” was either a lie or admission of basic ineptitude (e.g. couldn’t operate the software Turbo Tax. My grade school kids could operate that program.)

You appear to have taken a strong stand for your own interests in the Senate, rather than take the rather small risk of opposing this clearly inadequate candidate who will now, God help us all, be in charge of the Treasury, of all things.

TexasDan on January 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Our Shelby voted for the POS?

That’s it, I’m leaving the state for…….Ohio. I’ve had it.

(accepting a job offer there had nothing to do with it – :) )

Sapwolf on January 26, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Yeah, cuz, like, that sort of nonsense failed miserably for the democrats, didn’t it?

xblade on January 26, 2009 at 10:51 PM

What gets me is not just the stupid RINO’s but that the big 0 still kept him in knowing he is a tax cheated..O just gave us all the middle finger…get used to it for the next four years…

CCRWM on January 26, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I don’t understand why any of the Republicans who voted for Geithner did, but I am pleased that McCain voted no. Let’s give him credit.

Hey Sapwolf, Ohio’s Voinovich voted for Geithner. You wonder why the Ohio GOP is having problems? The Ohio GOP does, however, have some good people — Boehner, Portman, Kasich, Blackwell. Just none of them in the U.S. Senate.

Phil Byler on January 26, 2009 at 10:57 PM

My bad (although I’m sure I read it on CSPAN correctly). It wasn’t Feinstein who voted no, it was Feingold of WI.

Still a Democrat, and still voted with more balls or conscience than Cornyn did. Crimony, even the maverick did.

sloopy on January 26, 2009 at 11:00 PM

What’s bad is that Voinovich isn’t running for re-election so Ohio will pretty much have 2 Democrat senators now that Voinovich knows that he won’t have to care about the consequences of not voting the way the his constituents want.

MobileVideoEngineer on January 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I hold my head in shame that my great home state of SC continues to elect Lindsey Graham. 6 more years of his crap…aaaarrgghhh!

SouthernGent on January 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Cornyn? good lord, what a terrible disappointment. Screw him. Ditto, Shelby.

james23 on January 26, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Ditto Hatch. I e-mailed, faxed, called etc., and he did what he always does and that’s go with the dems. He’s buddies with teddy (you know – caroline’s uncle). Great republican – more like a great rino. But we need to find another conservative to run against him and not just a democrat.

Bambi on January 26, 2009 at 11:44 PM

How on earth did we, a red state like Tennessee, send Bob Corker to Washington? And Alabama, what happened to Shelby?

What a disappointment is right.

pannw on January 26, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Tax cheat? That’s reserved for people who use certain, easily taken over countries as tax havens.

sethstorm on January 26, 2009 at 11:48 PM

SouthernGent on January 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM

It’s a shame that your governor has sold out to about every country except his own. That should make up for Mr. Graham.

On the other hand, I have no issue with Voinovich siding with Ohio and its citizens – the state that does not sell itself out.

sethstorm on January 26, 2009 at 11:54 PM

I’d like to know who’s voted for people whom use tax havens on the Right.

sethstorm on January 26, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Can’t people here praise Collins for her point of view on this issue? I believe that Collins and Snowe are the most principled Senators we have. And I’m not from Maine.

thuja on January 27, 2009 at 12:07 AM

sethstorm on January 26, 2009 at 11:48 PM

That’s what a lot of corporations have to do because of the tax code beloved of Democrats. Except when they have to pay, apparently.

ddrintn on January 27, 2009 at 12:11 AM

I’d like to know who’s voted for people whom use tax havens on the Right.

sethstorm on January 26, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Your Kennedys are the biggest tax-heaveners around. They will avoid inheritance taxes et all by having stashed their dough in the Caymans. Taxes for thee but not for them. You should talk.

Entelechy on January 27, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Is it me, or did little Andrea seem pissed off about this?
She kept repeating Geithner’s pitiful excuses. “Are you sure you want to vote against the President? Are you really sure because this might be the end of the feelgood Presidency? He said he was sorry, for God’s sake!! Can’t you just get in line with the other proles and vote like we tell you to!!!!”

gordo on January 27, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Entelechy on January 27, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Supply-side JFK doesn’t make the Kennedy family right-wing.

When a business decides to play the role already taken by The Almighty, they pay dearly for the attempt.

sethstorm on January 27, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Supply-side JFK doesn’t make the Kennedy family right-wing.

sethstorm on January 27, 2009 at 12:18 AM

No, it makes the Kennedy family liberal hypocrites. I would think liberals would be outraged at the unpatriotic act of not paying one’s taxes. Geightner should have been booed out of consideration by Democrats. Or is it that that conviction is also easily disposable?

And “The Almighty”? Are you referring to the government?

ddrintn on January 27, 2009 at 12:22 AM

*Geithner

ddrintn on January 27, 2009 at 12:23 AM

And “The Almighty”? Are you referring to the government?

ddrintn on January 27, 2009 at 12:22 AM

No, the Biblical one. Not the governmental one, no matter how coincidental.

sethstorm on January 27, 2009 at 12:25 AM

No, the Biblical one. Not the governmental one, no matter how coincidental.

sethstorm on January 27, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Oh, OK…

When a business government decides to play the role already taken by The Almighty, they pay dearly for the attempt.

sethstorm on January 27, 2009 at 12:18 AM

A little editing.

ddrintn on January 27, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Contrary to what the “We Won,” Anointed One, said, partisan politics is alive and doing well. Maybe there is hope, after all….

DL13 on January 27, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Meh….

I want them ALL in. Every single swinging Richard and Edna that Barry appointed. Let them have the wheel to the bus.

Limerick on January 27, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Let’s all pause and think about this one more time: we now have a proven tax cheat heading the Treasury Department, which includes the I.R.S.

S on January 26, 2009 at 10:03 PM

This really isn’t a partisan vote, other than in the sense that it’s Obama’s appointment. And I have no problem with bipartisan support of any qualified appointment – Democrats shutting down excellent GOP nominees for partisan purposes is one of the things that started our current troubles in D.C., like Bork and Estrada.

This is about two things: the guy is not good at what he does, witness his involvement in Bush’s economic team and the disastrous results. Promote him? I don’t think so. But before you even get there – how do you put a tax cheat in charge of the Treasury and IRS? Amazing.

Jaibones on January 27, 2009 at 12:51 AM

how do you put a tax cheat in charge of the Treasury and IRS?

Jaibones on January 27, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Because donkey poop don’t stink.

Limerick on January 27, 2009 at 12:54 AM

AZCoyote on January 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Then you go to jail if you don’t cough up the unpaid part.

sethstorm on January 27, 2009 at 1:33 AM

The Obama presidency – fraud from start to… we;ll see, but who wants to lay odds against finish after the first week?

Gee, I wonder what would happen if we had some, oh, I don’t know, profession that set itself to getting information like this to the public?

Ahhhh, that’s crazy talk.

Merovign on January 27, 2009 at 1:55 AM

I keep hearing the politicians talking about principle, but none of them are standing on it.

Johan Klaus on January 27, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Orin Hatch voted Yes? Wow… I thought he of all people had better sense. Shame on you, Senator Hatch.

Shame on all ten of you Republican senators for confirming this questionable man with whom we are entrusting the entirety of the free financial world. The man can’t figure out Turbo Tax and we expect him to be a competent Treasury Secretary? Give me a break.

Jockolantern on January 27, 2009 at 5:46 AM

As an Ohioan, I wrote Voinovich last night to tell him that, in effect, he’s a POS for this vote. What did he care? He’s out in 2010. What a loser.

I’m hoping that Ohio can deliver Rob Portman to the Senate in 2010. I thought he did a solid job as my congressman for a number of years. A la Michelle Obama: “Hope is finally coming around” or something to that effect.

BuckeyeSam on January 27, 2009 at 5:58 AM

RINOS! Gotta love them! They are the Republican party now! That is why I am no longer a Republican!

sabbott on January 27, 2009 at 6:11 AM

I used to like Voinovich. Years ago, I used to consider myself as leaning towards being a “Voinovich Republican”. What was strength in his days as Mayor of Cleveland (his unbelievably smooth handling of a then fire-brand City Council President by the name of George Forbes) and getting all the ducks in a row to set that city up for a comeback out of a not-so-humorous Dennis KUCINICH era in the Cleveland politic that drove the city literally into default… but it’s all gone now. All of that ability to not only “reach across the aisle” but to yank that aisle in CHECK, and pull the whole thing forward is just gone.

All I can see when I hear his name is the scene of him whimpering over someone who SHOULD have been appointed named Bolton- and now THIS.

Which is the last straw. It may seem a light offense since so many of his fellow repubs backed this pick- but this has to be the end of the line for a once-great civic leader who has become nothing more than a Senate Vote ATM.

ChipDWood on January 27, 2009 at 6:13 AM

Then you go to jail if you don’t cough up the unpaid part.
sethstorm on January 27, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Ah, that’s when we take a page from the illegal alien playbook: we point out that there are simply too many of us breaking the law for the U.S. to be able to prosecute and imprison all of us, so we’re therefore entitled to amnesty!

We’re “God’s children” too, aren’t we McCain? Where’s your “compassion” for us, Teddy K? Would you really be willing to tear mothers away from their children just because of a little “administrative” violation of tax regulations, Lindsey Graham? It’s not really a crime because nobody got hurt, right Nancy?

If it’s good enough for law-breaking foreigners, it should be good enough for us.

AZCoyote on January 27, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Just sent an email to Senator Chambliss of GA Thanking him for voting no to Geithner. I voted in the run off for him and so far he has made good. It still does not change the fact that Geithner’s appointment is a slap in the face to the people but if we tag our representatives on issues whether we agree or not they will know WE ARE WATCHING!!

Coastal Paradise on January 27, 2009 at 7:14 AM

These ten appeasers make Neville Chamberlain look bold and defiant. Do people like these have any core values?

rplat on January 27, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Well, pigs do fly I guess. Collins is unfortunately my senator. But she did the right thing this time at least.

ErinF on January 27, 2009 at 7:30 AM

…and I’ll add, Collins at least sometimes does the right thing. Snowe never does. Snowe will never get my vote again.

ErinF on January 27, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Allah: We have to pick our spots in opposing The One at this point,

Here’s a thought- How about we OPPOSE HIM WHEN IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Like, FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY- just a thought Allah.

ExTex on January 27, 2009 at 8:01 AM

RINOs.

We regularly jeer at the Kos Kidz, who are too stupid to understand that they can’t get Kucinich-esque Democrats elected in conservative districts. Yet somehow, some of us share the same stupidity, believing that so-called “true” conservatives should run in liberal states or districts.

Stupidity is stupidity. If you call Collins a RINO, you’re just as stupid as Kos.

rightwingprof on January 27, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Really disappointed in Cornyn. I emailed him yesterday asking him to vote no. Tried calling but his phone line was busy all day. Now I will have to write him another email letting him known what a lousy vote he gave.

texasconserv on January 27, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Voinovich voted for this guy? Really?

I mean, I know he’s retiring after this term…but COME ON. Does he even care anymore?

flyawaybird on January 27, 2009 at 8:22 AM

That’s because senators like Hatch refuse to take a stand for what’s right, that maybe they will want Obama to do something for them down the road so they go along to get along.
RINOs begone.

abcurtis on January 27, 2009 at 8:24 AM

why insist on using a nerf gun when the opposition is using tactical nukes?

gatorboy on January 27, 2009 at 8:44 AM

let me say that i am ashamed that both of my senators, both dems BTW (jim webb & mark warner) voted yes on the tax cheat. i wrote them, but….

and then i wrote them after the vote to complain.

kelley in virginia on January 27, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Can I say I am in total shock that Byrd voted nay.

tee866 on January 26, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Why he IS a horses ASS, so NAY is correct vocal responce.

Mark Garnett on January 27, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Why am I not surprised.

Ryan Gandy on January 27, 2009 at 9:07 AM

EXACTLY WRONG Allah, but expected from you and Ed I’m sure also… WE MUST FIGHT HIM AT EVERY SINGLE TURN, anything that IS WRONG must be fought. It won’t be by our spineless RINO’s in Congress, but I was hopping it would be here at HotAir… Geez… The wuss-i-fication of America is almost complete… No morals, no values, no one with a spine!

“Pick our spots”??? I, along with Rush and Mark Levin say HELL NO! All his “spots” are showing, he’s a radical, he’s a leftist, he’s anti-American, he’s an empty suit. FIGHT the Messiah NOW and on all his far left radical agendas!

I’m so sick of you weak knee’d Liberal wanna-be’s!!!

Mark Garnett on January 27, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I’m so sick of you weak knee’d Liberal wanna-be’s!!!

Mark Garnett on January 27, 2009 at 9:08 AM

If this was not something to fight over, I do not know what is.

Johan Klaus on January 27, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Heh- Cornyn and Hatch RUN the National Republican Senate Election Committee

01.22 Cornyn Selects Hatch To Serve As NRSC Vice Chairman

It doesn’t git any better!

ExTex on January 27, 2009 at 9:16 AM

How about osama bin laden for homeland security chief.

Johan Klaus on January 27, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Shouldn’t we vote based on whether it’s right or wrong to do whatever it is we’re voting on? In this case, No was the correct vote.

Is Wesley Snipes going to be on Geithner’s staff?

hawksruleva on January 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Ten, brain-dead, yellow dog Republicans.

Basilsbest on January 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Great video.Mitchell gets pwnd because Geithner continued to avoid tax even after being audited and correcting later years, so she immediately switches to “Why can’t we all just get along?”

It’s astonishing how quickly things change. Just a few days ago, it was our patriotic duty to dissent. Today, dissent is a denial of the democratic process.

philwynk on January 27, 2009 at 11:22 AM

You can’t make this stuff up…. its… insane…

Romeo13 on January 26, 2009 at 9:12 PM

I’m with you-standing flabbergasted.

Badger40 on January 27, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Cornyn and those nine other Republicans appear to have taken a stand for there own interests not the interest of Texas and the rest of this country. I personally will remember that the next time Senator Cornyn call. Had I wanted a spineless liberal Senator I would have vote for a damn Democratic.
Times look bad for the great state of Texas.

try again later on January 27, 2009 at 1:56 PM

All this crap about ‘needing the counsel’ of these people is stupid. What’s to stop Obama from heeding his counsel without giving him a controversial Cabinet appointment?

Given, of course, that Obama ever figures out how to use his email.

James on January 27, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Graham is a dope.

PersonalLiberty on January 27, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Well I’m from Maine and Susan Collins is pretty left actually. She might even be more left then one of our democrats in the House(Michaud-Blue Dog).
This is actually one of the only things I’ve ever agreed with her about. Good for her.

scrubbiedude on January 27, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Than God Voinvich is retiring! Now how to get rid of the 9 others. Snowe is effectively a Democrat. The new NY Senator will be better than her! McCain wouldn’t dare be this overtly agreeable at this point. He’s hanging by a thread!

Sultry Beauty on January 27, 2009 at 9:32 PM