Limbaugh fires back: Obama wants me to fail

posted at 7:10 pm on January 26, 2009 by Allahpundit

What’s greater, his contempt for The One or for the GOP leadership?

Friday morning in a meeting with House and Senate Republican leaders, President Obama basically told them to stop listening to me, that’s not how things get done in Washington. “We can’t let Rush Limbaugh stall the stimulus plan.” Now, this is the great unifier. This is the man that’s going to unify everybody and usher in a new era of bipartisan and love. He’s obviously more frightened of me than he is Mitch McConnell. He is more frightened of me than he is of, say, John Boehner, which doesn’t say much about our party. I mean, to tell you the truth, folks, if the president is a little more worried about somebody on the radio than he is about somebody on Capitol Hill… I think Obama wants me to fail, there’s no question, Obama didn’t use the words, but President Obama, by telling you and elected Republicans in Washington not to listen to me because I am not how things get done in Washington, he has said that he wants me to fail. And we know how outraged the Drive-By Media got when they reported that that’s what I said about Obama’s policies…

This is a political play and a lot of people I think are misunderstanding this. “He’s frightened of Limbaugh.” I don’t think he’s afraid of anybody. He’s the president of the United States. This is a political play to marginalize me so that Republicans are afraid to associate with my ideas or any of us. He wants conservatism, mainstream conservatism to be thought of the way you and I think of communism. He wants it thought of as the most foreign, the most offensive, the most extreme manner of belief possible. There are no elected Republicans who are espousing conservatism today, so he’s gotta find somebody who is. I happen to be the most prominent voice, but there are many others, so he focuses on me. This is a Saul Alinsky radical rule number 13: Pick the target, me, isolate it, polarize it. It’s almost like Colin Powell. We’ll kill it, we’ll isolate it, we’ll cut its head off. That’s what’s happening here. This is a purposeful effort to get rid of conservatism as a mainstream way of thinking forever in this country, make no mistake about it.

Yeah, like I said Saturday, I can’t believe Obama “goofed” and took a dig at Limbaugh not realizing that it would leak. He knew it would; the question is, what was he hoping to gain by it? Presumably he’s playing off the media scrutiny of Limbaugh’s comment last week, which even people like Bill Bennett have (tepidly) criticized. An Obama vs. Rush fight becomes an “I hope he succeeds” vs. “I hope he fails” fight, and that’s not a fight Limbaugh can win when Obama’s approval rating’s in the high 60s and people are terrified of an economic catastrophe.

Speaking of which, he also rolled out the Obama/Limbaugh Bipartisan Stimulus Plan this afternoon. Exit question: Who ever thought Rush would back $540 billion in government spending?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Will someone kick this idiot over the head with the national defecit numbers? Jeez. Tax cuts = spending, someone has to pay for it eventually.
DeathToMediaHacks on January 26, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Tax cuts always = more tax revenue, and don’t cause increased spending. Spending is a congressional choice. Be happy to kick you in the head though, if that will help get this sink in.

Patrick S on January 26, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Am I banned, two posts have dissapeared.

DeathToMediaHacks on January 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Are you sure you’re posting them correctly?

hawkdriver on January 26, 2009 at 8:13 PM

You can all discuss this every way til Sunday, but the fact is, there is only two options here from a fiscal POV. Either the Democrats lack total reason and understanding of simple economics or they have a socialist agenda. This is the only real debate.

The Democrats lack total reason and understanding of simple economics AND they have a socialist agenda.

The democrats don’t want small business to succeed, they want has many hopeless unemployed people dependant on government as possible. 68,000 people were fired today. 68,000 more potential mortages not being paid. 68,000 cars not being paid for. 68,000 more people filing for unemployment.
Government cannot support millions of people forever from the tax money you pay into the system. California is sending out IOU’s instead of tax refunds. How much longer before the Feds start doing that? Pretty soon I will have to send an IOU to Geithner instead of my tax payment. Business owners know which way the wind is blowing, it’s from the left and looks like it will do major damage.

izoneguy on January 26, 2009 at 8:14 PM

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, because Obama can’t handle criticism. I’m wondering how long it will take before Obama forces the Fairness Doctrine issue, in the open that is. I don’t doubt he’s pushing for it behind the scenes and this attack on Limbaugh gets the ball rolling.

conservative pilgrim on January 26, 2009 at 8:12 PM

It will take someone from the media to ask the One what he thinks of Rush’s bi-partisan proposal. Any bets as to which reporter might do this?

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Lets start this wildfire done good,
and get the TV Documentary together,
like the Path To 911!

This documentary,could be narrated by Rush,
go through the timeline,right back to Carter,
on the fraud,and forcing the lending practices
of the banks to minorities,a la Janet Rino,the
‘Muscle’,Barney’Banking Queen’,Dodd as the’Brains’,
and the willing accomplices,’Liberals in Power’!

And,how the economy,the fraudulent election came
to be,and exactly how much hands on,did Ayers,and
Doryn have,and the Community organizing of’ACORN’!

Then,watch the entire Liberal Party,go ‘NUCLEAR’!

Call it,”The Audacity of Hope and Change”!

canopfor on January 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I wonder if BO is still ticked that Rush force him to actually run for office in his primary fight with the Clintons. AKA Operation Chaos.

BroncosRock on January 26, 2009 at 8:16 PM

starfleet_dude on January 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Before I educate you about Rush. Some information about Father Coughlin:
He was one of the first political leaders to use radio to reach a mass audience, as more than forty million tuned to his weekly broadcasts during the 1930s. Coughlin used his radio program to promote Franklin D. Roosevelt and his early New Deal proposals, to issue anti-Semitic commentary, and later to rationalize some of the fascist policies of Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini.

Rush Limbaugh is an America Success Story. His optimistic view of the American people and their potential is what has caused his tremendous success. He has visited our troops and has donoted time and money to causes in their support. Before you attack him, listen to him first. By the way, your mom is yelling at you. Dinner is on the table.

kingsjester on January 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Bishop, Americans really don’t like doomsayers. If that is going to be Limbaugh’s stock-in-trade for the next four years, the only way he wins if American loses. Not a winning bet, IMO.

starfleet_dude on January 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Dude, you are a deluded fool. There was no doomsaying by Rush today. There WAS, however, a perfectly simple, well-laid out plan presented FAIRLY to the Messiah. Rush was actually a hell of a lot nicer than I thought he’d be.

Underestimate Rush and the dittoheads at your peril. Seems to me he’s done pretty well for the past 20+ years. What have you… or Mr. Hussein Obama… done in that time?

wccawa on January 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM

izoneguy on January 26, 2009 at 8:14 PM

You’re wrong. If they have a socialist agenda, then they are very knowledgeable about simple economics and understand fully the impact of what they are doing. To underestimate them is folly.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Limbaugh must be pretty darn scary to the pantie-waisted girly men of the Left for him to get singled out for so much attention. You would think if he really were no threat and had truly “marginalized” himself, they’d let him just continue to shoot his own foot.

There will be a revived Conservative movement and folks like Limbaugh will be leading the charge and the country will be better for it.

hawkdriver on January 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Am I banned, two posts have dissapeared.

DeathToMediaHacks on January 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM

We started filtering for banality.

Chuck Schick on January 26, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Am I banned, two posts have disappeared.

DeathToMediaHacks on January 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I don’t think so, but let me give you a little hint…….

……….. try not to post more than two, three links tops on your posts.

I know you want to argue your point, but the HotAir staff has to check this stuff lest you post a picture of yourself in all your glory in your birthday suit with a chicken and a jar of mayonnaise……….

Remember……… two links, three tops……..

………… and only free range chickens.

Seven Percent Solution on January 26, 2009 at 8:19 PM

I find it interesting that the President of the United States had to caution others not to listen to one particular conservative talk show host.

The Chosen One had no problem letting his kids hear the rantings of a demented “Christian” preacher.

Seems The Chosen One is the ‘decider’ on who we should listen too.

GarandFan on January 26, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Good point!

mikeyboss on January 26, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Seven Percent Solution on January 26, 2009 at 8:19 PM

LOL. Free range

blatantblue on January 26, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Call it,”The Audacity of Hope and Change”!

canopfor on January 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM

…….. that is a very GOOD idea!

Seven Percent Solution on January 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I guess Republican party overall is hearing from Rush, because the vast majority of them voted against the tax cheat for T.S.

BroncosRock on January 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Why this is a win-win for Rush and a lose-lose for Obama:

1. After picking a fight with Hannity, Obama moved om to Limbaugh, making any future attempt to reinstate the so-called Fairness Doctrine tantamount to a Nixonian enemies list.

2. Obama reminded everyone how influential Limbaugh is, conferring on Rush a measure of political equivalency.

3. Obama stirred up supporters of conservative talk radio, among whom the loyalist are Limbaugh listeners.

4. Regardless of any Alinsky-inspired strategy, Obama revealed a thin skin and capacity for grudges. Operation Chaos really rankled, huh?

5. Rush actually presented a stimulus counter-proposal. Who else has done that on either side? [crickets]

Terrie on January 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Seven Percent Solution on January 26, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Late dinner…thanks a lot.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM

starfleet_dude on January 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Rush doesn’t doomsay, he lets you now what could happen and how it will probably go down.

Besides, he had the same style during the Clinton *shudder* years and his listener share has steadily gone up.

Bishop on January 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Already BO is losing to Rush, so BO, wish you never decided to pick a fight with the best we, conservatitve have.

BroncosRock on January 26, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Am I banned, two posts have dissapeared.

DeathToMediaHacks on January 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Your blandness grew so offensive even tofu eaters became enraged.

HarneyPeak on January 26, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Tax cuts=spending, well you know the saying a fool and his money are soon parted. Rush reaches more ears a day than liberal talk radio, MSNBC and CNN combined and its free. He got a 400 million dollar contract because his show is so successful they can still sell advertising unlike all the dead tree media. I am not a regular listener to his show but I agree with him far more often than not. I usually listen to Dennis Prager in that time slot because his show is more varied with often very interesting guests.

goat on January 26, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Even the best Cable News guy lost to Rush, and is force to stop being a radio guy. The person I am talking about is Bill O. BO will lose to Rush like Bill Oreilly lost to Rush and force to tap to Rush.

BroncosRock on January 26, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Am I banned, two posts have dissapeared.
DeathToMediaHacks on January 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Sadly no as your posts are still appearing; mores the pity.

Disappearing posts happen every so often, I get hit by that quirk too.

Bishop on January 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM

starfleet_dude on January 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM

You can always tell the folks that parrot the MSM opinion about Limbaugh who never cracked a radio dial a single MGZ in his direction.

hawkdriver on January 26, 2009 at 8:26 PM

The Fool is spraying fire while he has ammunition in the clip.

Since he thinks he’s a god, he assumes each shot will work.

We’ll see.

America is kind to it’s idiots, but will it be kind to an arrogant idiot presiding over an ecomic disaster?

notagool on January 26, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Does anyone sometimes wish that they were like an Obama voter without actually being one? You know, not having a clue who Nancy Pelosi is? No nightmares about that ghoul Harry Reid. It must be a wonderful life to be so full of hope that The One is going to change something.

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM

HarneyPeak

A whimsical and poetic comment (if I have to explain). I long for the day when we can win wars, criticize wrongdoers, reward winners and talk straight. I’m really sorry that we may never see these “founders” attributes again.

PaCadle on January 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Don’t forget the free money and unicorns and rainbows.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Yes. Ignorance must be bliss.

Cody1991 on January 26, 2009 at 8:30 PM

You said “simple” economics. I don’t underestimate them, on the contrary they are deviant and machiavellian in their manipulation of nonlinear dynamics to create economic chaos. They disregard the simple economic theories and thus have the appearance that they don’t understand simple economics. They are creating out of chaos in a few decades what it took some men a lifetime to build. They don’t want to work for it, they will just take it. The fun part will be taking it back.

izoneguy on January 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Seven Percent Solution on January 26, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Yeah that explains it, had like 4 links in those posts. Damn my need to make evidentiary claims! But you know those times when you write a thing twice so yeah I’ll have to let the tax issue go for now and be productive in the real world.

DeathToMediaHacks on January 26, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Of course Rush is correct. Obama underestimates Americans though. We are a free lot and even the weakest in our midst hate to be told what to think and do.

Big error Mr. President.

I expect The One will realize his mistake very soon and try to joke his way out of the mess.

FireBlogger on January 26, 2009 at 8:33 PM

FireBlogger on January 26, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Yeah. I’m waiting for the day when he exclaims, “That’s not the Obama I thought I knew!!” And throws himself under his bus.

Cody1991 on January 26, 2009 at 8:36 PM

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Ask The One directly? Stephanopoulos maybe. At least the MSM know this is a lost cause, so I don’t see them bringing it up. If it continues, then some MSMer will be forced to address the subject to The One directly. Since they’ll talk about it on the cable shows and it will continue, my guess is The One brings it up on his own. I think Rush is under his skin just as Sarah Palin was.

conservative pilgrim on January 26, 2009 at 8:38 PM

wait, wut?

Are we seriously to the point where we evaluate whether or not Limbaugh has ‘won’ an argument based on personal approval ratings?

Seriously, what are you smoking, Allah? This is the non-sequitor of non-sequitors.

Limbaugh’s success comes from his ability to articulate an idea. He only actually has arguments with callers- never boca-y-boca in real time with politicians. Limbaugh at least gets paid by garnering an audience 5 days a week for 3 hours a day. As bad as the Obama-zombies are, I don’t think there’s any way those idiots would subject themselves to his droning that often.

So this brings me back to the original question, why compare popularity “polls” when this data doesn’t apply for Limbaugh.

StartinOver on January 26, 2009 at 8:39 PM

The fun part will be taking it back.

izoneguy on January 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I agree with your post. They have built lawyerly obfuscation into a simple concept in order to seem smarter than the average person. Now they sell the idea that they are the only ones who can possibly get us out of this mess that they created. Geithner’s confirmation was sold in this way. I hope we can take it back before they so totally screw it up that it has to collapse first. If that tipping point hasn’t already been reached.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Seems The Chosen One is the ‘decider’ on who we should listen too.

GarandFan on January 26, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Great point. That’s why Obama and the Libs are scary. They’re tyrannical with a smile.

conservative pilgrim on January 26, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Just my opinion here, but I don’t believe Rush was backing a stimulus package, so much as he was trying to show Obama just how UN partisan he truly is. He was throwing a challenge in two ways, at Obama. 1. To see if he would be nonbipartisan enough to take up the challenge, and 2. to see if Obama has the guts to go for this challenge. Or is he afraid to see if a conservative route, would truly be the answer to this mess?

Rush knows, whether or not he, or anyone likes it, this stimulus will pass. So if it’s going to, why not challenge Obama, and see what he does?

Rush is the Fox, and Obama is the gingerbread man. LOL

Just one gals opinion here. :)

capejasmine on January 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Disappearing posts happen every so often, I get hit by that quirk too.

Bishop on January 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM

That’s good to know. I had one disappear recently and I didn’t think it was bad enough to anger the moderators. Nice to know it was probably just a glitch, or maybe a son of a glitch.

backwoods conservative on January 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Disappearing posts happen every so often, I get hit by that quirk too.

Bishop on January 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM

It happens if someone else is posting at the same time. It overloads the blog and someone’s post wont show

William Amos on January 26, 2009 at 8:43 PM

my guess is The One brings it up on his own

conservative pilgrim on January 26, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Interesting. I don’t think so. If they talk about it at all, it will be as a brush-off with all number of Harvard and Columbia economics scoffing at the proposal.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Listening to Rush for the 15 minutes monologue on The Obama-Limbaugh Bipartisan Stimulus Plan of 2009 was the best 15 minutes I spent all day.

tjexcite on January 26, 2009 at 8:45 PM

economists…oops

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:46 PM

izoneguy on January 26, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I am having to shutter the doors on my small business because of the liberals that run Sacramento and Obama wants to follow Ca.’s model for the country. That won’t create jobs but just drive job producers away but instead of just changing states they will change countries.

goat on January 26, 2009 at 8:46 PM

goat on January 26, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Come join us in South Carolina.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I heard that today, it was brilliant. Not the idea but the idea behind the idea. Rush thought this out and he has just played the bipartisanship card right in his face. Rush has the potantial to effect legislation. If Republicans take the ball and run with it Rush Limbaugh could end up being the catalyst that turn the stimulus into a plan that has tax cuts and an endpoint to the spending which is light years ahead of where the bill is now. If Republicans take the ball and run with it and broadcast some the most egregious parts if the “stimulus” while offering different free market solutions they can twist Obama arm. His cloak of pragmatist will slip right off if the Republicans play it right and the Democrats pass the bill without any tax cuts, and pork up their constituents. Obama does not want to loose the center by appearing like an ideologue. If he wants to be a centrist the GOP ought to make him earn it.

Theworldisnotenough on January 26, 2009 at 8:50 PM

It’s quite apparent that the Messiah is very sensitive to any type of criticism…..He can’t take it… Remember his response to SaraCuda after her stinging remarks about him during her acceptance speech at the Rino Convention?…. The more he responded to her remarks the worse he looked… To bad the Rino nominee booted it with his Mr Nice campaign…

Obvious to me that the Messiah can easily be drawn out of his practiced elegant mantra through tough criticism of his policies….. & philosophies… The more you can drawn him out of his “elegant shell”… to show his natural instincts, the worse he & his policies will look…. Look at the headlines.. Rush vs Obama… blah blah blah..

The problem lies…. Are there any Republican politicians with the balls to draw it out of him…. I doubt it.. & it’s the reason I’m about to leave the GOP…

RaisinsofWrath on January 26, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Damn my need to make evidentiary claims!

Yes, damn you!!!

lol

hawkdriver on January 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I love SC and its certainly closer to my family in Al. I also love Ca despite the nimrods that run the state, I have a nice little house just a couple hours drive fron Tahoe or the coast.

goat on January 26, 2009 at 8:55 PM

PaCadle on January 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I feel the same. I’ve had the chance to perform some civil war songs a few times. The poetry in those songs described what a country at war was really like. Our fighting men today deserve those songs. Instead they get . . . the worst cowardice.

By the way, singing “The Union Forever, Hurrah, boys, Hurrah” at the top of your lungs is something I’d recommend to everyone. It’s good for quite an adrenalin rush!

HarneyPeak on January 26, 2009 at 8:58 PM

goat on January 26, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Good luck to you.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Allah Pundit,

Your exist question indicates a total lack of understanding Rush Limbaugh, or a sure sign you have deep disdain for Rush Limbaugh. You have cherry picked a small piece of his presentation, and then distorted the piece.

Rush Limbaugh made a brilliant move today, a move that will ultimately force an action by Obama or his staff members. Rush will then make his next move based on their move. What Rush did today, was an attempt to pit the Liberal ideology up against the Conservative ideology for the entire world to see. Let Obama take his portion of the winnings (540 Billion) and do with it as his ideology dictates. The remaining 460 Billion would go to the Conservative’s to do with it what their ideology dictates. Let “ideology” be put on display for all to see; which set of principles work the best with a country wide recession. Let’s not forget Obama’s recent words “I’m open to all suggestions as they relate to the economy and this recession that plagues our country.”

The other part of this move was to point out the glaring fact that the President of the United States is on record having attacked a private citizen. Nixon was attacked relentlessly for having a “black list” of media heads, attacked by the MSM and the Democrats for having attacked certain private citizens. This lilo piece of history was a part of the IMPEACHMENT papers the Dems were readying to launch on Nixon. The double standard is glaring.

What is also glaring AP, is your failure to separate your personal feelings when it comes to the likes of Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh, and your writings reflect this weakness.

Keemo on January 26, 2009 at 9:02 PM

goat on January 26, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Yet Democrats will tell you a thousand times a day that they’re on the side of “the little guy”.

Anyone else remember Hillary’s “we can’t help it that there are undercapitalized small businesses” quip when she was trying to pass Hillarycare? That’s actually one of the first times I listened to Rush, when he ripped into her hypocrisy and ignorance on that quote. I never became a regular listener, but I’m glad to see he’s ripping into Obama now. Magnificent play of the “bipartisan” card back at Obama. I know the old “chess vs. checkers” saying, but I don’t even know if liberal “strategic thinking” is advanced enough for checkers. Is there a game of skill simpler than checkers? Maybe we can buy one of those for Obama and his team.

venividivici on January 26, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Rush gave a concession to spending forced by necessity, and performed a feint within a feint by choosing the $540 B figger. Everyone knows there’s going to be massive payouts from Obama to his peeps and to lefty special interests, these payouts not-so-cleverly disguised as part of a financial bailout, so to almost halve the requested amount would be significant.

The real feint is actually Rush reminding The One (and his supporters) that 46% of the people in the U.S. voted against BHO (a vote for McCain, at least in my case, was really a nose-holding vote against Obama) and even though it seems that BHO is overwhelmingly in control of Government, there’s millions and millions of people who aren’t so happy with his planned excesses.

Don’t worry, leftys. O! won’t bite on Rush’s plan. But if his trillion-dollar bailout fails, Katy bar the door. There will be hell to pay.

Serr8d on January 26, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Keemo on January 26, 2009 at 9:02 PM

+100

Cody1991 on January 26, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Keemo on January 26, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Its called “nuance,” I think. Don’t really get it myself.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Keemo on January 26, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I really like Allah but I’m gonna have to give this a +1.

fiatboomer on January 26, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Allahpundit doesn’t like Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh?

hmmm.

Someone is scratching at elitism’s door.

Serr8d on January 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Don’t really get it myself.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 9:05 PM

It generates traffic.

Cody1991 on January 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Well, what do you know. I’m a solid Republican, convinced McCain supporter and anti-Palin guy, and I have never liked Rush. However, following the last couple of days and his brilliant interview with Hannity, not only am I rooting for him – I also think he can take Obama on intelectually. I think he can do it and, as months pass by, he will do it.

Baphomet on January 26, 2009 at 9:10 PM

It will be an EPIC fail and Rush will remind the leftys for the rest of his life anyway. Watch the stock & job market. It will go up a little if the stimulus gets passed but will slide down to the 4000 level by June 1. Why? Because no new jobs will be created or even the hope of any new jobs. More Chapter 11′s and about another 250,000 jobs lost.

izoneguy on January 26, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Baphomet on January 26, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Rooting for Rush is a good thing, as Rush is one of a few who stand in the way of pure raw Socialism. Millions of us will form an alliance, and Rush will lead the way!

We stand at the cross roads…. This family stands firmly with the alliance.

Keemo on January 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM

In the context of Rush’s plan, the goal of which is to determine which method of stimulus works better, this is a strategic concession. Once it is proven that tax cuts work better to stop recessions from grinding on and on, the next recession there won’t be any government spending, just tax cuts, which is as it should be. Deep down, that’s why liberals won’t go for it, because they know it’d be the last $540 billion dollars of stimulus they ever got to spend.

I’m sick of being governed by people who don’t understand how to empirically test a hypothesis (which is really what Rush is suggesting) and optimize future policy based on the results. By definition, there’s ONE empirically optimal fiscal policy and all others are suboptimal. Period. Figure out which one it is, implement it and tell all the naysayers to keep their superstitions to themselves.

venividivici on January 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I sincerely do hope BHO fails in his policies. When he does, it will not be because he is black/half black/half white. It will be because he is a Communist/Socialist/Marxist. He will be the worst Pres since FDR.

I worked hard all of my life and I think I have enough to see me through to my end of life. I don’t want this jackass dictating my medical care. I don’t want him jacking with my IRA and my Life savings. I don’t want him in my life period!

Taxes? My income is near zero anyway until I start SS in April. SS will probably go away after my 50 years of contributions were spent on other stuff.

My wife got laid off last year, and may finally be on to a job. BHO you are not helping. More taxes = more unemployment. You have not a clue about what you are doing.

My fear is that someone will be so deranged as to try for an assassination. God help us all if that happens. This Country will be torn apart. Be assured my president I wish for your personal success, just not your legislative success.

marcboyd on January 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Good lord this man is obnoxious. He can’t seem to contain his excitement that Obama mentioned him.

crr6 on January 26, 2009 at 9:27 PM

genso on January 26, 2009 at 9:00 PM

thanks

venividivici on January 26, 2009 at 9:03 PM

No the Dems can’t play strategy games that have to look at moves in the future only the games that have direct immediate benefit for them, like Candyland.

goat on January 26, 2009 at 9:28 PM

DeathToMediaHacks

I clicked on those dailyhowler links. They were pretty lame. He makes mountains out of molehills and his complaints seem to be really more epistemological issues. 250 swifties said Kerry was a liar and 3 said he wasn’t and the howler monkey gets all exercised about the 3 not getting the same attention as the 250. Hookay. He gets upset that Cheney called Kerry the most liberal Senator instead of the tenth most liberal. It’s all subjective anyway. Most liberal, tenth most liberal. Whatever. Not exactly Nina Burleigh level bias. Also, the dailyhowler writer’s prose is atrocious. It’s so overwrought, it’s nearly unreadable.

The national press corps self-identifies as liberal and Democratic to the tune of 85-89% so I don’t understand why the dailyhowler protesteth so much. For the sake of keeping up appearances, I suppose. Seems like a lot of work.

For comparison’s sake, take Nina Burleigh, writer for Time magazine, here writing in Mirabella on Bill Clinton:

“…When I got up and shook his hand at the end of the game, his eyes wandered over my bike-wrecked, naked legs. And slowly it dawned on me as I walked away: He found me attractive.
No doubt the President’s lawyers and spin doctors would say I wishfully imagined that long, appreciative look, just as all those other women have fantasized their more explicitly sexual encounters with Clinton. But we all know when we’re being ogled. The weird thing was that I didn’t mind. There was a time when the hormones of indignant feminism raged in my veins. An open gaze like that, at least from a man of lesser stature, would have annoyed me. But that evening, I had the opposite reaction. I felt incandescent. It was riveting to know that the President had appreciated my legs, scarred as they were. If he had asked me to continue the game of hearts back in his room at the Jasper Holiday Inn, I would have been happy to go there and see what happened. At the time, it seemed quite possible. It took several hours and a few drinks in the steaming and now somewhat romantic Arkansas night to shake the intoxicated state in which I had been quite willing to let myself be ravished by the President, should he have but asked…”

Now that’s what I’m talking about.

shazbat on January 26, 2009 at 9:30 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on January 26, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Yeah, them pizzas ain’t gonna deliver themselves…

BigWyo on January 26, 2009 at 9:31 PM

goat on January 26, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Chairman Mao played the same way for 27 years. 32 years after his death, the Chinese are finally beginning to breathe again.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 9:32 PM

crr6 on January 26, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I’m sure it’s not the effect of Obama per se. Any jackhole liberal who happened to be President who was pushing a lame politically-motivated sham stimulus would do.

venividivici on January 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I like Rush. I really liked his Obama-Limbaugh Economy Package. Was a brilliant idea. Obama is the Top dude. What would he be threatened about from Rush or Hannity and others? Freedom of Speech. It was childish for The Big “O” to tell Republicans not to listen to Limbaugh. We all have a right to listen to whom ever we like.

sheebe on January 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM

No, honey, this thread isn’t about Chris Matthews.

Jim Treacher on January 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Personally I would hold the Republican leadership in higher contempt than Obama if there actually were any Republican leadership.

Obama never professed to be a Republican.

SimplyKimberly on January 26, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Hmmmm, Obama is afraid of conservativism… great point, Rush! That means that conservatives are *right* about wanting to kick RINOs out of the GOP because then we’d be something to fear again!

After losing with McCain it shocks me that there are Repubs, even right here on HA, who still insist that the GOP needs to have a big tent and be open to non-conservative ideas. We did it that way, duh, and it did. not. work.

We need to be the conservative party and be something for O to worry about!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 26, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Actually Boehner and McConnell ran circles aroung Pelosi and Reid last cycle, war funding for example and quite a few other things. That is why Pelosi changed the rules in the House to keep Boehner from beating her like a drum again.

goat on January 26, 2009 at 9:52 PM

venividivici on January 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM

No, deep down, liberals hate being proved wrong by facts. Take for example the Global Warming scam. They choose things like this because there’s no concrete data you can point out and say ‘This is BS’. Think back to the Y2K thing. A great hoax until 2000 rolled around. They learned, project the disaster 50 or 100 years into the future…every one panic.

You find it hard as Hell to hold the Teacher’s Unions accountable for poor results, but if you coach a team that beats another team 100 to 0. Shazam…you’re fired. The coach probably should have just said ‘sorry’ like he was told…

BigWyo on January 26, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Aslans Girl on January 26, 2009 at 9:49 PM

No we don’t need to kick anyone out of the Party, we just need to close our primaries so Democrats can’t pollute them.

goat on January 26, 2009 at 9:55 PM

BigWyo on January 26, 2009 at 9:52 PM

The whole global warming thing is just back door socialism disguised as environmentalism, a means to an end of controlling people.

goat on January 26, 2009 at 9:57 PM

No, honey, this thread isn’t about Chris Matthews.

Jim Treacher on January 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Now that we’ve all collectively winced at your obligatory one-liner…

In the spirit of bipartisanship, can’t we all agree that Rush is a tool? I mean I’ll openly admit that Keith Olbermann is. Rush is pretty much the conservative equivalent. Except fatter.

crr6 on January 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Now that we’ve all collectively winced at your obligatory one-liner…

crr6 on January 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM

By “we’ve” you mean “I’ve”….right?

But to your other point, you’d have to admit it of Obama himself before we make that deal. After all, Obama started all of this. That pretty much defines being a tool.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 10:09 PM

In the spirit of bipartisanship, can’t we all agree that Rush crr6 is a tool?
crr6 on January 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM

I agree you are a tool..

BigWyo on January 26, 2009 at 10:13 PM

genso on January 26, 2009 at 10:09 PM

ehhhh I don’t know. Obama can be a tool, but I’m not sure he is a tool.

crr6 on January 26, 2009 at 10:19 PM

No, deep down, liberals hate being proved wrong by facts.

BigWyo on January 26, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Yes, that’s one reason they tend to go after religious conservatives, not agnostic or atheist conservatives. They need to be able to play the “but you believe in some imaginary being so you can’t be right about the facts” card at some point in the discussion to “prove” they’re correct. If facts (what Wittgenstein called “all that is the case”) supported liberalism, I’d be a liberal.

venividivici on January 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Now that we’ve all collectively winced at your obligatory one-liner…

That’s right, folks, the lurkers support him in e-mail.

And richer. And vastly more popular.

Jim Treacher on January 26, 2009 at 10:21 PM

venividivici on January 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Hmmmm…I’m conflicted here. Not being a particularly religious person I am perplexed. It seems to me that be you atheist, agnostic or true believer…they’re all equally ‘unprovable’.

As far as facts and liberalism go.

*snicker*

Liberalism is based on feelings and emotion, guilt for the most part..sprinkled with plenty of ignorance. The world is so cruel and unfair(truth)..and we can fix it all if we just care enough and throw lots of money at it.

BigWyo on January 26, 2009 at 10:38 PM

crr6 on January 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM

I didn’t get the impression that Limbaugh was a tool for McCain like you seem to believe. It seems to me that he was about the only popular figure in the media who was a McCain critic. Unless you want to count unfounded accusations of marital infidelity as criticism.

Buddahpundit on January 26, 2009 at 10:40 PM

In the leftist’s “mind”, Karl Marx “proved” that atheism is the correct answer. So long as leftists believe they’ve got that to lord over (pun intended) certain conservatives, they’ll pull it out as some kind of metaphysical trump card.

As far as facts and liberalism go.

*snicker*

BigWyo on January 26, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Hey, that’s fine when you’re young and I think that’s a good description of the liberal “follower”. Their leaders are much more cynical and know that none of those things ever work. Think Dostoyevsky’s “Grand Inquisitor” and I think that’s a rough approximation of the Hillary Clinton’s and Barack Obama’s of the world, preying on people’s weakness and need for a strong leader. You know, the exact thing they accused Bush supporters of being, despite the fact that I don’t remember women fainting at Bush rallies. That’s why the Bolsheviks banned Dostoyevsky: he told the world what they would be like once in power before they even got into power.

venividivici on January 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Not entirely OT, provided there isn’t a massive failure in earnings before the market opens tomorrow, the futures show a nice rally. Funny, the media will spin it as Wall Street approving the Geithner confirmation. That may be the case, actually, but isn’t Wall Street the enemy of the left now?

genso on January 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM

What a telling, and odd, framing of the issue by Allahpundit. Comparing an elected representative’s “approval ratings” against the ratings of a member of the media is not only misplaced, it’s bizarre.

If the fact that the POTUS chose to single out as his first target a member of the domestic political opposition is not disturbing enough, considerations of whom might “win” this fight places a talk show host, however successful, in the same sphere as the President himself (as Terrie and Keemo rightly point out), albeit a sphere in which those that might disagree on issues of Federal spending and the approach to battling radical Islam now become ripe targets for our President’s administration–de facto enemies of the State.
Forty-eight percent of this country opposed Obama and/or his policies, so, regardless of his “approval” ratings, Rush cannot “lose” such a fight–his audience will not decline substantially, any more than if Bush had openly attacked Jon Stewart or Olbermoron.

“Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers,” wrote Voltaire.
And, in such cases, questioning half the values of the country one purports to lead, Mr. Allah…is a fight Obama cannot win.

LexisTexas2 on January 26, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Has anybody else noticed that Obama’s comment can be taken as an insult to Republican representatives, i.e., they’re not smart enough to make up their own minds?

I never did like President Doctor Changegov. And I like him even less the more I hear about him.

JimC on January 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Come join us in South Carolina.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Not until you get rid of Miss Lindsey..

TexasJew on January 26, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Not until you get rid of Miss Lindsey..

TexasJew on January 26, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I believe it will be her last term. Sad to say, it just started.

genso on January 26, 2009 at 11:52 PM

crr6 on January 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM
——-

Even in terms of weight, Olbermann’s far, far heavier than he appears. Has to be, he’s so full of sh**…

Mew

acat on January 26, 2009 at 11:57 PM

RaisinsofWrath on January 26, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Agree 100% with you there – and Republicans should be demonstrating and protesting to take advantage of this.

Obama could not put up with what President Bush went thru. He would completely snap.

Mr Purple on January 27, 2009 at 12:40 AM

crr6 on January 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Tools march the party line. At least braver folks are willing to criticize their own. At least Rush was willing to be an honest critic of the GOP, the Republican Party, and McCain as much as he would be an honest critic of Obama, the DNC, and Liberal policies. I hate to say it, but Rush was right. I can only hope that we stand by him, if only to say that when they come for us, that someone can speak for us.

Chaz706 on January 27, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Limbaugh’s audience may understand him well enough, and having had their sights raised by him to regime-level issues, they may not be as economically reductive as you think they are.

Kralizec on January 27, 2009 at 2:32 AM