Matthews: Palin’s book will do well “if she can read”

posted at 9:00 pm on January 23, 2009 by Allahpundit

Maybe he meant “if she’s developed a compelling narrative voice from years spent poring over the classics”? Help me out here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

who?

dmann on January 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM

and we care one whit what chrissy says about Saracuda WHY?!

Buckaroo on January 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Wasn’t he complaining a few weeks ago about her not agreeing to an interview with him? And he wonders why?

Wethal on January 23, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I think he meant it exactly as he said it: he thinks she’s an idiot. Of course she’s not so stupid that she can’t get a huge advance.

Only politician who can write is President Barry? I hope Chrissy wipes his chin every time he is done “inflating” Obama.

Mallard T. Drake on January 23, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Lowlife, Obama-adoring, smarmy sleazebag sh*thead.

profitsbeard on January 23, 2009 at 9:05 PM

“Help me out here”

He’s an ass.

No really, that’s it.

artist on January 23, 2009 at 9:05 PM

No wonder that channel consistently gets the lowest ratings.

rbj on January 23, 2009 at 9:05 PM

The only politician I know who can write is Barack Obama.”

So he doesn’t know that Ayres may have ghostwritten Obama’s books?

Wethal on January 23, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Good grief,..is this what premature ejaculation does to a man?
( stems from the obama uncontrolled tingle)
This man has a serous chic crush on Gov Palin!!
Recommended treatment-A room full of Swiss Doctors!

christene on January 23, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Her book? I could buy it just for the pictures.

You know er, Alaska.

IlikedAUH2O on January 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Dude……..

Just because your political side won, doesn’t mean you can keep drinking and going on the air, even though you are a “objective journalist” ……

……. I don’t watch you, I don’t buy from your advertisers, and I am sure you will be “bailed out” by Mr. Obama……..

But this stuff is recorded and is “Golden” on the Internet….

I guess you are that stupid that you believe your own press….

……….. keep it up, Skippy.

Nothing lasts forever…….

Seven Percent Solution on January 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Matthews repeated his suggestion that Palin could not write the book later in the show. “The question is who actually will write the Palin book,” he said. “The only politician I know who can write is Barack Obama.

Uh-oh, uh-oh, he’s gonna have a stroke from that tingle going up his leg. Aw never mind I don’t care.

NathanG on January 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM

This guy deserves a kick in the nads!

ohiorebel on January 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Sorry, Allah, you are on your own on this one. And I am sure there will be many delightful people to reinforce Mr. Matthews’ beliefs pdq.

Cindy Munford on January 23, 2009 at 9:09 PM

typical, you know

rob verdi on January 23, 2009 at 9:10 PM

“The only politician I know who can write is Barack Obama.”

Even when the story has nothing to do with The One, it has to do with The One. Matthews should re-apply his lipstick and dust off his knees before he goes on camera.

landshark on January 23, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Maybe he can pass it on to Olberdickweed when he’s done and then to Rachel Maddow. oh no wait…..never mind. :)

NathanG on January 23, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Show of hands…who thinks Palin would eat Matthew’s lunch in any kind of debate.

She would induce a fatal slobber/spit/sputter out of Mr. Tingle in about 90 seconds.

BigWyo on January 23, 2009 at 9:10 PM

ohiorebel on January 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM

What nads?

paragon27x on January 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM

The Palin Derangement Syndrome continues,

Governor Sarah Palin is the real definition

of ‘Articulate’!

At least ‘SarahCuda’ doesn’t walk around with
a mini-portable telepromter like President Hopey!

And the Liberal HATE just keeps on a rollin!!!!

When the Leftys are silent on a Republican,you’ll
know that particular Republican is no threat,of
course,unless your Rahm,were he wants every,Repub
lican———dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Wethal on January 23, 2009 at 9:06 PM

He knows. He doesn’t care. Chrissie, like the rest of MSNBC, except maybe Scarborough,believes he is smarter, frankly, and better than the Average American. Therefore, he thinks that we’ll laugh along with him. G.E.’s profits were down 44 % in the last quarter. I hope they are down 75% this quater.

kingsjester on January 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I see the folks at MSNBC are still obsessed with Gov. Palin. I hardly ever watch Hardball but I remember watching a weeks after the election was over and a good portion of Matthews’ program was devoted to Palin. I just remembered thinking “Geez, the election is over…let it go already.”

terryannonline on January 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Poor guy. He must think Palin is like the female journalists he knows.

Spirit of 1776 on January 23, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Matthews is getting in touch with his inner child and he’s completely taken over in a perpetual tantrum.

Unbelievable.

katy on January 23, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Chris Matthews: practiced and skilled in the oral extraction of male reproductive fluids!

dmann on January 23, 2009 at 9:14 PM

The only politician that I know that can write is Obama?

WTF?

How many current and former politician have books out? Unless I am mistaken, it was also politicians who wrote the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, etc.

How is it that this leg tingling POS is permitted to breathe the same air as civilized society, much less be on TV?

Damiano on January 23, 2009 at 9:15 PM

practiced and skilled in the oral extraction of male reproductive fluids!

dmann on January 23, 2009

That explains the stretch marks on his cheeks.

artist on January 23, 2009 at 9:16 PM

The tease at the beginning is the big giveaway: “If she can read, if she can write, she’s gonna make some big money.”

What the hell is that?! “If she can read.” Matthews is a spittle-flecked moron.

IrishEi on January 23, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Part of me thinks he realizes he is being a lunatic so he can compete with Olbermann for ratings. The other part says he has serious mental issues.

sherry on January 23, 2009 at 9:17 PM

This is Matthews. I don’t see why you’d want to give him the benefit of doubt here. He was always in the tank for Obama. The fact that Palin’s entry into this race hurt Obama, at least for a few days, probably didn’t sit well with him.

Esthier on January 23, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Chris looks like he wears lipstick and colors his hair.

Maybe he is mad that she looks better and gets the real men. Of course, he is married. Oh, never mind.

IlikedAUH2O on January 23, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Matthews is too drunk to read.

jencab on January 23, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I question whether or not Chris Matthews is a man. I’m leaning towards pre-op transexual. No heterosexual male could possibly fawn over a politician the way he does.

therightwinger on January 23, 2009 at 9:18 PM

It is now obvious that these folks can only survive off of hate. W is gone so poor Gov. Palin is the new whipping post. I truly can’t imagine what it feels like to not only hate this much but to have it be a mandatory part of my life. These fools are to be pitied.

Cindy Munford on January 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Palin will write her own book and no doubt do it well.
Obama most likely did not write his books.

Oh the irony………..

katy on January 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Esthier on January 23, 2009 at 9:17 PM

So did Biden’s. But of course, he would never go there.

sherry on January 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Hahahahahha,oh ya Chris,Obama can write,
as a matter of fact,Hopey is in seclusion,
as we speak,writing up bailout policies and
writing America out of the self-inflicted
economy brought on by the draconian Liberal
socialist housing lending practises that got
America into this mess,

after all Chris,WHAT EXACTLY DID OBAMA WRITE,

his glorious years of experience in ‘Community

Organizing’!!

canopfor on January 23, 2009 at 9:20 PM

My, my Miss Chrissy!
You might want to think twice about getting into girlfight with Madame Barracuda. Cuz if you do, the next tingle you feel in your leg might just come from having it ripped off.

Bruno Strozek on January 23, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Chris Matthews is a jackass.

SoulGlo on January 23, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Tory (in the American sense).

Wayyyyy down on the list of Tories, but a Tory none the less.

Limerick on January 23, 2009 at 9:24 PM

bill ayers will be Palin’s ghostwriter!

An Era of Hate on January 23, 2009 at 9:24 PM

This guy deserves a kick in the nads!

ohiorebel on January 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM

You’re right……….

………… aim just above his “G-Spot”.

Seven Percent Solution on January 23, 2009 at 9:27 PM

And people keep telling conservatives not to get angry, don’t act like the left.

Jesus only turned a cheek once and then he went in and threw the money changers out of the temple.

Time to start cleaning out the temple.

Just A Grunt on January 23, 2009 at 9:27 PM

He is such a friggin’ tool.

NoLeftTurn on January 23, 2009 at 9:28 PM

So he doesn’t know that Ayres may have ghostwritten Obama’s books?

Wethal on January 23, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Hmmmmm.

silverfox on January 23, 2009 at 9:28 PM

perpetual tantrum…

Katy on Jan 23,2009 at 9:13PM.

Katy: I think your on to something!

First off,its scary to think the Left,have within them a
‘Perpetual Tantrum Emotional Machine’,but that might expl
ain why there always wound uptight politically!

Now,if there was some way to tap into this ‘Perpetual
Motion,crap,I mean Emtional machine,well *h#lls bells*
right there alone,would solve the energy needs,and it
would be kind of ‘green’ at that!

Hook up a Democrat and tap him/or/her,a hem,for the
‘Perpetual Energy that is!(Snark!)A Hem:) Hehe.

canopfor on January 23, 2009 at 9:30 PM

The only politician I know who can write is Barack Obama.”

Chrissy is the only commentator I know who can simultaneously grovel, slobber, daydream, lick boots, & throw rose petals at someone’s feet.

jgapinoy on January 23, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Chris Matthews makes Caroline Kennedy look brilliant.

GT on January 23, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I detest that man and his network too.

clnurnberg on January 23, 2009 at 9:31 PM

“The only politician I know who can write is Barack Obama.”

Hey Chrissy, you got something on your face, yea the brown stuff, yea at the end of your nose. Oh, it belongs there you say.

Hog Wild on January 23, 2009 at 9:33 PM

His leg is still bothering him. . . No one can
accurately analyze tweedy.

Texyank on January 23, 2009 at 9:33 PM

What a surprise he is in for when Governor Palin’s book debuts at #1 on the best seller list.

rockmom on January 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM

They are dumbing down their show and trying to capture a little bit of the trail of SNL because of their “declared audience” Matthews couldn’t handle a senate race and no other network would hire him. David Gregory got the job he was lusting for. He has no other choice. He is an angry man.

sherry on January 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Well, good to see he’s controlling his drooling at least.

Haunchie on January 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM

And more people would quit making fun of Tweetie, if he could bleach the “tingly” stains from his pants.

chunderroad on January 23, 2009 at 9:36 PM

What nads?

paragon27x on January 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I think Obama has them in a jar on his desk.

NoLeftTurn on January 23, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Does any intelligent person even watch Matthews?

GarandFan on January 23, 2009 at 9:37 PM

HaHa Matthews believes BO wrote his own book! This guy lives in an alternate universe.

Gov. Palin’s book will sit atop the NYT list for a looong time. O the irony.

Buckeye Babe on January 23, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I totally can’t believe this thread hasn’t been trolled yet.

OT, get ready for the lefty toolbags to shriek about what she’s getting paid for this. I remember very, very, well how these same toolbags erupted over Newt’s book deal in 1995.

Democrats are allowed to write books. Republicans aren’t. That’s pretty much it. Name for me one recent Presidential & Vice Presidential candidate, successful or otherwise, who hasn’t written a book or books. Hell, the current President hhas already been there, as we all know. And don’t get me started on Alfonse Gore.

fiatboomer on January 23, 2009 at 9:39 PM

A lightweight commentator (not a journalist, in any way) worshiping a lightweight president.

kingsjester on January 23, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Does any intelligent person even watch Matthews?

GarandFan on January 23, 2009 at 9:37 PM

…….. excellent question, I am sure the enemies of the United States of America tune in nightly.

Seven Percent Solution on January 23, 2009 at 9:40 PM

hey. you know… if.

/flamebait

eh on January 23, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Barry is a dayem FOOL!!!

“Obama warned Republicans on Capitol Hill today that they need to quit listening to radio king Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats and the new administration”

christene on January 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Why would Republicans want to get along with Obama and the Democrats? Bizarre.

therightwinger on January 23, 2009 at 9:45 PM

and we care one whit what chrissy says about Saracuda WHY?!

Buckaroo on January 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Hey. Careful what you said about AP’s bud, The Second.

AP: I don’t think he meant it the way it came out, but Politico does. And I concede, I have no alternate explanation.

Trying to apologize for The Second. Why would he want to!?!

klickink.wordpress.com on January 23, 2009 at 9:47 PM

christene on January 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM

That was stupid on Mr. Obama’s part. He should treat Rush like an entertainer. It should be the equivalent of saying the Mr. Obama shouldn’t listen to Oprah. To appear to be worried about a guy on the radio is a sign of weakness.

Cindy Munford on January 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM

You know,they can constantly tell us things that aren’t true.

They can insist Michelle is the second Jackie Kennedy, and every outfit she dons is perfection.

They can say – as one poster on that Politico story said – that Palin can’t speak.

They can suggest that Palin can’t read or write, as Matthews did.

They can say that it’s not cold outside where I live, or that I’m next year’s shoe-in for Miss America, or that black is white or good is bad or whatever kind of thing that they want to say that isn’t true.

Does not make it true, just because they proclaim it! What DOES happen, though, is people stop believing a thing they say.

And start understanding that these people are, quite simply, unhinged.

Alana on January 23, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Matthews: Palin’s book will do well “if she can read”

Matthews is a very cleaver man. Another, oh say 150, IQ points, and he may rival Mark Twain some day.

MB4 on January 23, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Barry is a dayem FOOL!!!

christene on January 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Rush is the past. His desperation comes through on the radio. While right about the situation, enough dumb Americans have drank the Obama Kool-Aid and they’re just tired of all the noise.

The media is in full attack on chubby, and his desperation makes him sound crazy.

Like me!

Liberty is dead! Deal with it Rush.

klickink.wordpress.com on January 23, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Cindy Munford on January 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Rush is going to take off on Barry’s shout-out like a shuttle launch at Cape Kennedy. Mr. President just let his ego hurt his image, big time.

kingsjester on January 23, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Obama was the editor (the first black editor, mind you) of the Harvard Law Review. And yet, he never wrote an opinion, case research, nada for the periodical. First time ever. I doubt he can write at all. He must have had a ghost writer(s?) for his books.

But since he’s the Messiah, he can do anything.

stonemeister on January 23, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Wait a minute, AP, didn’t Ayers right Obama’s book? Call up Chrissy and set him straight.

Obama can’t write. Even his inauguration speech sucked.

He can talk, but can’t walk.

THe ONe is the Emperor with no clothes.

Soon’s the Obama Kool-Aid dries up…you’ realize that yourself.

klickink.wordpress.com on January 23, 2009 at 9:52 PM

klickink.wordpress.com on January 23, 2009 at 9:50 PM

So, was liberty dead after the Whiskey Rebellion, Sedition Acts, Civil War, New Deal, and Great Society? I’ll give you 20 minutes on Wikipedia to look those up.

fiatboomer on January 23, 2009 at 9:53 PM

What an irrelevant putz. If she writes it I`ll but one JUST for him (and all my lefty friends will get one as “HOLIDAY” presents)

NY Conservative on January 23, 2009 at 9:53 PM

But since he’s the Messiah, he can do anything.

stonemeister on January 23, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Well, duh! He’s already better than FDR and Lincoln COMBINED.

Soon he will be the New Father of our Country! I cannot tell a lie!

klickink.wordpress.com on January 23, 2009 at 9:54 PM

This idiot drools on national TV man, the dude freaking drools! My 3 year old doesn’t even drool anymore…he is just another man child with a national audience of ignorant fools sprinkled with a niche audience of people who use him for comedic headlines.

javamartini on January 23, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Little smirky propagandist tool, small little head containing an even smaller little brain. Sitting there in front of the camera every day, pretending to be a journalist,, disguising deceit and poison as real news. Hoping to sway the ignorant and the foolish to his side of the room.
Well, he is being true to his word. didn’t he say he would do all he could to ensure Obama succeeds?
What a job! Every day you show up for work with only one objective,,, what can I say today to help Obama succeed.

JellyToast on January 23, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Cindy Munford on January 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM

I forgot all about her! Barry needs to dump the one who proclaims a new religion. Republicans better find some back bone, and find it soon.

christene on January 23, 2009 at 9:55 PM

You know, Chris Matthew is ATFU with Palin envy. He’s nothing but a low rent turd.

Zorro on January 23, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Chrissy better watch out, that ‘tingle’ may turn into a tinkle in a couple of years…

Gohawgs on January 23, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Democrats strutting their stuff, the louses. How you can hate Sarah is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Today Obama told Repubs to quit listening to Rush.

This tyupe of bully Chicago thug politics won’t fly with the average American.

Earlier today I read a comment on Mashable where a noted blogger wrote how he gets a chill when he writes the name Obama on a blog post.

WTF? The problem with this is The One acts as though he believes everyone feels this way.

We are in for a ‘hurtin’ folks.

FireBlogger on January 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM

fiatboomer on January 23, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Liberty died the day Wilson brought in the Income Tax. Of course, at the behest of Col. House. FDR almost finished us off. LBJ did his best to put us out of our misery.

But Obama will beat them all: Buying up all the banks, the GOV is in control, finally, and there is no liberty left.

Liberty is dead. We failed to protect it. We failed to honor our commitment.

It’s all a con.

Deal with it.

Liberty is dead!

klickink.wordpress.com on January 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM

kingsjester on January 23, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Another rookie mistake. Sort of makes me feel a little better somehow.

Cindy Munford on January 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM

That snip didn’t even rise to the level of being sophomoric …lol !!

jerrytbg on January 23, 2009 at 9:58 PM

klickink.wordpress.com on January 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Really? Since Wilson? A little late to be worrying about it now isn’t it. If liberty died with Wilson than how can Obama kill it again. I get it, you are a poet.

Cindy Munford on January 23, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Rush Limbaugh

Christene on Jan 23,2009 at 9:42PM.

Christene: Just to get the bias’s out of the way,I love
Rush,But for Hopey to say that,is way,way over
the top,if this is how Hopey see’s it,the
‘Fairness Doctrine’ won’t be far behind!

So now the POTUSA is threatened by a micro
phone,er should I say the golden ‘EIB’!
——————————————————–

Folks,this is only day 3,of the Obama regime,er administra
tion,if Obama is speaking as if Rush is King Republican,my gawd,this next four years is going to be an ‘Orwellian’
period!

Obama is whining about Rush,while Hopey has Liberal journal
ist suck-ups at his command,Liberals,please get a firm grip
on your ‘P E R C E I V E D -R E A L I T Y’!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on January 23, 2009 at 10:00 PM

christene on January 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Like me!

Liberty is dead! Deal with it Rush.

klickink.wordpress.com on January 23, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I see,.. a few people are angry with Rush, it’s hard for liberal and democrats to understand a man who wont compromise his principles for meaningless B.S!!
Rush is just getting started,..Deal with it!

christene on January 23, 2009 at 10:00 PM

klickink.wordpress.com on January 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Lighten up, Francis.

stonemeister on January 23, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Why should anyone be concerned about the ramblings of a ** insert vile expletive descriptors of your choosing here** ?

Seriously, this guy is a retarded pansy. Don’t pay him any mind.

Dorvillian on January 23, 2009 at 10:02 PM

canopfor on January 23, 2009 at 10:00 PM

You might be right and time will tell but I think it is very telling that a POTUS with the bully pulpit would be striking out at a radio show host. This is a very insecure man.

Cindy Munford on January 23, 2009 at 10:05 PM

More of that intelligent,open minded,bi-partisan dialog liberals are always “talking” about but never practicing.

Has chrissy ever been elected to a high office.

Has chrissy ever been a Governor.

Has chrissy ever been responsible for creating jobs,coming up with a budget for a whole state,and creating policies to help out the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.

Has chrissy ever overseen the largest energy project in this nation’s history.

Has chrissy ever been chosen as a Vice Presidential running mate.

Has chrissy ever run a state so well that his approval ratings are in the 80% range.

No,chrissy’s biggest accomplishment is deciding which A$$ cheek he is going to kiss of whichever democrat he is spinning for at the moment.

Get back to us chrissy when your accomplishments amount to more than playing Pravda boy for the People’s Temple of Obama.

Baxter Greene on January 23, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Obama is inordinately preoccupied with what is being said about him on talk radio. Heck, Sean Hannity’s bumper is nothing but a string of bites from Obama talking about how he’s not afraid of ol’ Sean Hannity.

Methinks the guy doth protest to much.

For a messiah, he sure has an awfully thin skin. Taking on Rush was a really bad move on his part.

NoLeftTurn on January 23, 2009 at 10:08 PM

small little head
JellyToast on January 23, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Dude, he’s got a Macy’s Parade float on top of that neck!

joewm315 on January 23, 2009 at 10:10 PM