Limbaugh: Of course I want Obama to fail if he’s going to push a new New Deal

posted at 6:00 pm on January 22, 2009 by Allahpundit

A statement of the obvious from last night’s powwow with Hannity. Skip ahead to the end of the first clip for the money bit or stick with the transcript. They’re talking domestic policy, not foreign, so all he’s really saying here is that he’s bearish on Great Society II. Refresh my memory since I was young at the time, but was the left cheering on the project of dismantling government circa January 1981?

I wonder who he means when he talks about Republicans drinking the Kool-Aid. Hmmm.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Rush is spot on. And Allah, the left was loud and furious in 1981. On the fledgling CNN, the analysts were outraged at Reagan’s tax cuts, screaming that it was ‘stealing from the Treasury’. Pat Buchanan, who was a conservative at the time, laughingly pointed out that the money belonged to the taxpayers, much to the dismay of the analysts.

Vashta.Nerada on January 23, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I hope and pray the left doesn’t fined away to shut conservatives down!!!!He is my voice of what is left of sanity!

beachkatie on January 23, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Well…..
If Obama = Messiah
then,
Maha Rushi = Conservative Moses
Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 22, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Agreed, but I think it works better on SO many levels if you now think of Obama as Pharaoh.

Greg Toombs on January 23, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I want him to be successful in national defense and fail miserably on all social/fiscal policy.
Kasper Hauser on January 22, 2009 at 6:14 PM

I don’t want to play semantic gymnastics here, but success is a relative term, predicated by intent. If his intent is to enfeeble the United States in national defense, then I don’t want him to succeed at that, either.

cheeflo on January 23, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Well…..

If Obama = Messiah
then,
Maha Rushi = Conservative Moses
Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 22, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Let My People Go!!!

Chaz706 on January 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Methinks Rush intimidates you! Beta Male, maybe, striking out at the Alpha Male?

Neocon Peg on January 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Please Peg … the flys are unbearable.

Monkei on January 23, 2009 at 1:57 PM