“This man is Jesus”: Kenyans expecting food, jobs, schools from Obama

posted at 8:29 pm on January 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

Toss in something about clean coal and unicorns and you’ve got his campaign platform, basically.

Any day now.

“This man is Jesus,” shouted one man, spilling his Guinness as Barack Obama began his inaugural address. “When will he come to Kenya to save us?” If Barack Obama’s spin doctors have been trying to lower expectations since his election victory, the message clearly has not reached the land of his father…

“Now he is president we will get food and jobs,” said Ben Ochieng, as he danced to the traditional music that replaced the planned show…

The Kenya National Theatre even revived its hit show Obama The Musical, which wowed sell-out audiences during the US election last year. It uses parallels with the Bible Story and Mr Obama’s own struggles with racism and drugs — documented in his memoir Dreams From My Father – to portray the incoming President as a saviour for downtrodden peoples of the world…

“It is right that when people get power they look after their family, so we know that Obama will build lots of good things for us, like schools and roads and clinics,” said George Opiyo as he left the theatre.

Exit question: We’ve got a trillion-dollar stimulus in the chute and god knows how many more billions coming as part of TARP II. How much extra would it cost to bail out Kenya, realistically? Maybe $10 billion? Cut ‘em a check!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It’s hard out there for a conservative chick.

Tanya on January 20, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I very much know and sympathize. Nearly all my real life friends are liberals, even my own husband. This place is something of a refuge at times. I often wish I could just buy into the liberal mantra. Life, at least on a superficial level, would be easier.

Does that mean your real name isn’t Tanya?

Esthier on January 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Maybe they heard it this way:

Kenya?

Yes We Can!

Now we can’t!

Wander on January 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Yes We Can!

Now we can’t!

Wander on January 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Yes We Can’t!

MB4 on January 20, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Boy, are those folks going to be disappointed.

Terrye on January 20, 2009 at 10:03 PM

The bad news is that we are only 10 hours into Barry’s term. The good news is that we can now begin the countdown to his departure. Republicans need to choose the candidate that has the best opportunity to win. After Clinton won his second term, the Republican party approached President (then Governor) Bush and asked him to run in 2000. For four years he worked with Condeleeza Rice and other advisors preparing for his run. He has always been a formidable fundraiser. The Republicans would be wise to choose the candidate and focus all resources in that direction. Sorry, Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty and Jindahl but Sarah Palin has the best chance and opportunity to win in 2012. She was a tremendous fundraising asset after McCain announced her as his choice for Vice President and she can certainly attract the crowds. She can beat Barry at his own game…small to medium size donations from every day working Americans. If we wait around for 2010 to begin preparing for 2012 we will certainly lose. The democrats worked for four years preparing for today. We need to begin the process now in order to immobilize ACORN and the leftist grassroots organizations.

ice princess on January 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM

So, basically, the race is on. Who will be more disappointed, faster? Starry-eyed nitwits here, or starry-eyed nitwits in Kenya?

commenter on January 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM

What will be the end of this? Mass, world-wide anger when they figure out he ISN’T Jesus, or a popular demand for his permanent Presidency/Dictatorship?

gmoonster on January 20, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Obama will build lots of good things for us, like schools and roads and clinics

You sure this is from Kenya? Sounds like half the people at the university where I work.

mankai on January 20, 2009 at 10:17 PM

The culture of Africans and many others in the third world is that relatives, or others who have, are expected to share with those who have not regardless of whether they want to work for it or not. Does this not carry over into our own country where the majority of a race who came from Africa expects the same entitlements here? While it is similar in some Asian cultures you find most Asian immigrants are not like that.

wepeople on January 20, 2009 at 10:23 PM

1. “In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.” ~2 Timothy 4:1-5
2. What will it take to convince people that Keynesian economics does not work?
There are four reasons why people may not get it:
1. Simple ignorance.
2. Stupidity.
3. Willful ignorance.
4. Desire for power by means of promoting further chaos.
I think it’s all four; however, those in power believe in choice 4 and use the those of the other three. First, promote chaos; chaos causes uncertainty; uncertainty, fear; fear, desire for hope; desire for hope, a savior. While promoting chaos, one needs only to prop up their version of a savior. If you’re of the Marxist persuasion, then government is that savior, promoted via a cult of personality.
None of this is new. Marxist writers have been planning and executing this for decades. One needs only to read their writings to understand their plot.

Send_Me on January 20, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Er, yes, but I was just going to say that it was the surname of someone I admired. If asked. :)

Tanya on January 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Well that could have been my commie father! :)

Whatever happened to the Kenyan prince that wants me to send $3 million dollars if I wire him my bank account number?
Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 20, 2009 at 9:27 PM

That guy’s Nigerian, not Kenyan. (At least that’s what he told me.)

That’s like mistaking a Brit for a Pole.

baldilocks on January 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Given Obama’s lack of sharing with his half-brother, what makes the Kenyan’s think he’ll fill their plate?

GarandFan on January 20, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Well that could have been my commie father! :)

Really? No wonder you’re such a loyal conservative. A good friend of mine immigrated with his family to America from Russia as a child, but he’s gone socialist as he’s gotten older.

Esthier on January 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Maybe we can annex Kenya. It will get us closer to Obama’s vision of 57 states.

Tommy_G on January 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Does that mean your real name isn’t Tanya?

Esthier on January 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I’m going to plead the fifth, although I’m not sure exactly why. I’m surprised that your husband is a liberal, for some reason. Go you. I don’t think I’d have the patience. (And I would’ve gone to Midland with you, if I lived in Texas.)

Tanya on January 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM

baldilocks on January 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Oops. My bad.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Well that could have been my commie father! :)

baldilocks on January 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM

We both have commie fathers? We’re practically sisters!

Tanya on January 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM

(And I would’ve gone to Midland with you, if I lived in Texas.)

Tanya on January 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I’m regretting that I didn’t go, even without someone to go with me.

Yeah, in high school I was real big on debating issues, and somehow that turned into a relationship. How you can fall in love while arguing about everything from God to politics isn’t something I understand, but it’s been interesting.

We’ve both gained a lot though. Having to defend your opinion regularly can be helpful.

Esthier on January 20, 2009 at 10:56 PM

GLOBAL POVERTY ACT

Exactly so. It’s part of Obama’s plans.

Alana on January 20, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I don’t think anyone but Alana has even looked to see what that means. Do I need to say it louder? The reason the Kenyans are celebrating is because of the
G L O B A L P O V E R T Y A C T!!!!!!!

Google it people, it will answer all your questions!!!!

Bikerken on January 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM

I didn’t have to look! I already knew about this. Along with a whole bunch of other of his nefarious plans. All you had to do was read his website.

Alana on January 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Well, and read a few other places, I should add.

Alana on January 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM

GarandFan on January 20, 2009 at 10:30 PM

EXACTLY!

RightWinged on January 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM

G L O B A L P O V E R T Y A C T!!!!!!!

Google it people, it will answer all your questions!!!!

Bikerken on January 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Really, I thought that was just a euphamism for the aftermath of his domestic policy;)

Laura in Maryland on January 20, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Actually, they’re just expressing the African way of life. If you are successful, you are expected to help your family, which includes your extended family all the way down through umpteen cousins. It’s tribalism. We don’t understand it, as it seems like freeloading off the successful family members. But that’s the way it is in many African nations.

Meryl Yourish on January 20, 2009 at 11:39 PM

The George Soros’ of the world and the Jeremiah Wrights and the Bill Ayers and every other America hating person and group has had a dream for years of draining America’s wealth and taking us down to the level of a third world country. And now the people are in place who will do exactly that. This, in their eyes would be justice for all our wicked capitalism and using up all the worlds resources while so much of the world is mired living in their own waste.

The fact is that the reason this country ever became wealthy and great is that we had freedom of religion, of business with our capitalism, of speech, of the right to bear arms. And as the country grew stronger, we also had a strong philanthropic bent, we did help the poorer nations and even those we defeated in war. We threw off the injustice of slavery while many of those countries that hate us still practice it. It wasn’t what we did wrong that made us rich, it’s what we did right. And those countries who have cowardly supported dictators while their people starved have done poorly.

The only thing you will accomplish by sending billions of American Taxpayer dollars over to nations run by dictators is to make the dictator richer and the taxpayer poorer.

Bikerken on January 20, 2009 at 11:45 PM

This is sheer Insanity..
America is BROKE..
America is caving in to the communists..
America is basically having to beg the saudis for OIL
and the Chinese communists for Money
That we can borrow to then spend on social programs..

I am so afraid that like a bunch of DRUG addicts
on a weekend crack binge
That tomorrow or next week when these poor FOOLS
suddendly realize they have been HAD by the obamas
They are going to RIOT in the streets..

this is serious now people could DIE because of the obams FALSE PRomises..

MORONS absolute friggin Morons

jcila on January 20, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I just love see Obama lovers racing toward the highest cliff of their expectations.

Tantor on January 21, 2009 at 12:14 AM

heh. that’s what I called the media coverage of Obama all election.

ThackerAgency on January 21, 2009 at 12:20 AM

I suppose it would be out of line to suggest that the Kenyans take some responsibility for “saving” themselves?

jeanie on January 21, 2009 at 12:27 AM

We send them our millions, they send us Boston Marathon winners. Fair exchange!

miron on January 21, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Would Jesus use public funds for international abortion?

Kini on January 21, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I normally don’t like repeating myself. Ah, sod it! We are sooooo screwed!

OldEnglish on January 21, 2009 at 2:34 AM

To my unending pain I work with a Kenyan immigrant. Barry delivered unicorns, butterflies, and rainbows to his front yard this morning. He is even planning on returning to Kenya to live out his golden years in Barry’s shadow. I wished him well.

Limerick on January 21, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Meryl Yourish on January 20, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Exactly.

baldilocks on January 21, 2009 at 2:41 AM

jeanie on January 21, 2009 at 12:27 AM

A Kenyan economist, James Shikwati, has been shouting into the wilderness about this for a while. He and a few others recognize that the constant aid monies have enfeebled much of Africa.

baldilocks on January 21, 2009 at 2:45 AM

George Obama pretty much proves Barack Obama doesn’t really care about Kenya.

BKennedy on January 21, 2009 at 4:46 AM

I understand that he is going to pay all the black folks mortgages and fill their gas tanks…but…if this…”man”, starts “building roads and schools in Africa”…so help me God…

eplain on January 21, 2009 at 5:56 AM

Kenyans expecting food, jobs, schools from Obama

Well, so are we…er, aren’t we??????

uncivilized on January 21, 2009 at 6:43 AM

The reason the Kenyans are celebrating is because of the
G L O B A L P O V E R T Y A C T!!!!!!!

Google it people, it will answer all your questions!!!!

Bikerken on January 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM

I just did…yeesh, folks, you really ought to look this one up. I knew we were hosed, but I didn’t realize just how badly until this morning.

uncivilized on January 21, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Well, Jesus has halted all Gitmo trials for at least four months the end of the WoT has begun apace under socialist Obamanation:

Obama administration moves to suspend Gitmo trials

GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba – Military judges will consider Wednesday whether to halt the Guantanamo war crimes trials after President Barack Obama ordered prosecutors to request a 120-day suspension during a review of the system used to try suspected terrorists.

The motions, filed just hours after Obama’s inauguration, will be heard in the cases of five men charged in the Sept. 11 attacks and of Canadian Omar Khadr, who is accused of killing an American soldier with a grenade in Afghanistan in 2002.

Obama has said he will close the military detention center in Cuba, where the U.S. holds about 245 men, and he had been expected to halt the widely criticized war-crimes trials created by former President George W. Bush and Congress in 2006.

The motions to suspend the trials came the day of Obama’s inauguration. Before Obama was sworn in, a military judge adjourned the war crimes court until Wednesday, noting the future of the commissions was in doubt.

In the motion filed for the Sept. 11 case, U.S. military prosecutor Clay Trivett says a continuance is necessary in all pending cases because the review may result in significant changes to the system.

“The interests of justice served by granting the requested continuance outweigh the interests of both the public and the accused in a prompt trial,” Trivett wrote.

The motion was written at the direction of the president and Defense Secretary Robert Gates, he said.

“It will permit the newly inaugurated president and his administration to undertake a thorough review of both the pending cases and the military commissions process generally,” he added.

There are war crimes charges pending against 21 men being held at Guantanamo, including the five charged with murder and other crimes in the Sept. 11 case. Judges would be required to suspend the other cases as well, though hearings may not be necessary.

Eric Holder, the president’s nominee for attorney general, has said the so-called military commissions lack sufficient legal protections for defendants and that they could be tried in the United States.

A human rights group at Guantanamo to observe this week’s session of the war crimes court welcomed what appeared to be the looming end of the special tribunals.

“It’s a great first step but it is only a first step,” said Gabor Rona, international director of Human Rights First. “The suspension of military commissions so soon after President Obama took office is an indication of the sense of urgency he feels about reversing the destructive course that the previous administration was taking in fighting terrorism.”

Jamil Dakwar, director of the human rights program at the American Civil Liberties Union, said it was a positive step but “the president’s order leaves open the option of this discredited system remaining in existence.”

Relatives of victims of the Sept. 11 attacks, who were also at the base to observe the hearings, have said they oppose any further delay in the trials of the men charged in the case.”

eaglewingz08 on January 21, 2009 at 7:34 AM

I agree. I really believe the guy peeked yesterday. I give him 6 months before the novelty wears off. I think he may peek again at his State of the Union. That will be another big media first frenzie love fest. But,, the love fest party thing and going to the beach to body surf is,, well, it’s not going to carry him through the next 4 years.

JellyToast on January 21, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Acts 12:20-24

Aronne on January 21, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Someone needs to get on the horn and tell Kenya there is no butting in line, they need to get behind the car companies, banks, newspapers, land developers, cell phone companies, dental floss stringers, street sweepers and the states of NY, NJ, CA, MA and perhaps OR.

We can only print money so fast, they will just have to wait their turn.

Bishop on January 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM

And don’t forget the millions of illegal aliens who received sub-prime mortgages that are now in default. They’re going to be receiving “foreclosure assistance” so they can hold onto those homes they couldn’t afford in the first place.

And for those of you telling us to google the Global Poverty Act, most posters on this site are well aware of this Obama-sponsored POS bill. We’ve been talking about it for a long time. The problem is, thanks to the MSM slobber-fest over Obama, most of the rest of the country is clueless about it.

AZCoyote on January 21, 2009 at 8:23 AM

I misread the thread title and thought it said Keynesians not Kenyans

offroadaz on January 21, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Send_Me on January 20, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Absolutely correct. Reference FDR’s second and third term.

oldleprechaun on January 21, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Excuse me, but don’t you think the “messiah” should start with his own brother?

Yeah right!

President Man-child, yeah, that is who we are stuck with for four years.

Some Americans & Kenyans truly idiots!

Winebabe on January 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Is this serious?

Kuck Fenya.

LimeyGeek on January 21, 2009 at 10:31 AM

We’ve got a trillion-dollar stimulus in the chute and god knows how many more billions coming…

Uh, that’s God, not god AP. Come to think of it, why would an atheist attribute knowledge to God? Why not just leave Him alone?

Akzed on January 21, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Uh, that’s God, not god AP.

Akzed on January 21, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Not to an atheist. You use God when you are actually using the name of a person/being. It’s god if you mean a god that doesn’t exist.

I wish people would stop pointing this out to Allah. You can’t force him to respect Christian tradition, and it’s unlikely he’s unaware.

Esthier on January 21, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Esthier on January 21, 2009 at 11:27 AM

When referring to God it is capitalized. When referring to a god, namely an idol or other non-existent god, it is not.

Oh, and by the way, you should capitalize “God” (and “Allah” and “Jehovah”) because it is a name. (Do not capitalize the generic term “gods.”) Even if you think God does not exist you should capitalize it, for the same reason that I capitalize the name Sherlock Holmes even though I don’t believe that he really exists!

Akzed on January 21, 2009 at 11:43 AM

so let me get this straight. It is in bad taste and unamerican, according to the masses here, to boo the outgoing president for his performance, yet it is totally patriotic to already dismiss a new president who has not been in office even 24 hours using all kinds of “issues” (read back on this thread just to see a few) … it must be hard for you all to be in the minority knowing that most people disagree with you. Keep it up, the dems will win even more seats in 2010. Your party is becoming irrelevant.

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I posted the response below to the above post on the Bush bashing/jeering thread and I think it fits here as it is obvious THE ONE has been placed on such a high pedestal both by his supporters, the complicite MSM, and his own campaign that there is no way he’s going to be able to live up to his highness!

It will be a truly spectacular fall from that high pedestal they have built for THE ONE!

First of all monkei you can thank yourself and all the other Obama supporters and the in-the-tank MSM for placing THE ONE on such a high pedastal that he will never be able to live up to his own expectations let alone all of the expectations and the “hope and change” that all of you have placed squarely on Obambi’s shoulders.

Perhaps next time all of you will be more careful not to deify your candidate to the point where all of your hopes, dreams, self worth, hearts and souls are bet on someone that is nothing more than a regular politician and not the second coming!

You and all the other Obambi supporters and the complicite MSM are responsible for elevating him from regular politician to deity status, someone you THINK can solve ALL of America and the world’s problems and therefore it is YOU and all those that placed him on such a high pedestal that will be responsible for his fall and wen that fall happens (and it will) perhaps YOU and others will finally realize he’s just a regular politician after all and that YOU and others set yourselves up for a big let down for setting such unrealistic and unattainable goals!

You reap what you sow monkei, or maybe you’ll all just try to keep blaming the “evil rethuglicans” for Obama’s failures, but deep down you’ll know that’s another lie you tell yourself and the longer you tell yourself that lie the more depressing and difficult it will be to face the truth, and that truth is Obama is just another politician and not the second coming!

Take heart though monkei, I will be there to witness the fall and I will gleefully point and laugh at all you kool-aid drinking moonbats and relish watching the hammer of reality smash your fantasy rose colored world into little pieces!

Liberty or Death on January 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Liberty or Death on January 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Akzed on January 21, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Character names are also capitalized, but a nonexistent god is not capitalized.

Seriously, you’re fighting a battle with no purpose.

Esthier on January 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Character names are also capitalized, but a nonexistent god is not capitalized.

Esthier on January 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Huh, so it’s zeus, not Zeus. Interesting.

Akzed on January 21, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Huh, so it’s zeus, not Zeus. Interesting.

Akzed on January 21, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Zeus is a name. God isn’t. It’s a description.

I would call you Akzed, but I wouldn’t call you Man. The implication should be fairly obvious.

Esthier on January 21, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Esthier on January 21, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Google God or god and see how many people -even an atheist site- agree with you on the first page of the search results.

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Where’s the noun modified by the (in your view) adjective “God”?

You are just making stuff up.

Akzed on January 21, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Surely you realize the original wasn’t written in English.

Christians call him God (capitalized) because we accept that no others exist. Those who follow Zeus do the same with him.

Yet, Christians call Zeus god, and Zeus followers call I Am, god. Is it sinking in yet?

Whining about the grammar Allah chooses to use is as legalistic as they come, which is what Jesus came to abolish.

Esthier on January 21, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Realistically? It’s simply not possible. They have a corrupt government and an amoral familist culture. There’s absolutely nothing other than foreign occupation and control that can save them, because amoral familism means their government will always be corrupt and incompetent.

Greg Q on January 21, 2009 at 2:57 PM

actually do have Kenyan blood so the line forms behind me. :)

baldilocks on January 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Yeah? Well, I’ve also got American Indian blood AND I posted first!!!!

Back of the ObamaMessiah Bus Biznatch!! ;)

44Magnum on January 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Let’s give ‘em one MORE thing, how ’bout it?

How about we give them as many disgruntled AMERICAN AFRICANS as want to return to living in mud huts????

I’ll even pitch in for the boat fare…..

seejanemom on January 20, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Great idea, I’ll pitch in for a couple of tickets! So when does the boat leave as I want to be sure Jessie and Al are on it!

Liberty or Death on January 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM