Stay classy: Obama cultists jeer departing Bush

posted at 4:00 pm on January 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

Two clips, both from MSNBC (of course), one from the ceremony itself and the second from when his chopper carried him and Laura away. Doubtless many of the same turds heard chanting here spent the past four years assuring people that Bush would cancel the election and declare martial law to install himself as supreme leader. Instead he was a model of cooperation with the transition. And still, they couldn’t bear to receive him even with pointed silence.

How classless is this? Even Chris Matthews is embarrassed. But look on the bright side: It proves that not every word that escapes the Messiah’s lips is received as gospel truth by his disciples. Click the second image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

That was embarrassing. It was all class between the two couples during the Bush departure and then we had to be subjected to that nonsense by a bunch of immature clowns.

dakine on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

jerks will be Jerks.

kanda on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

And this is exactly why I will not “get along” with the new Obama regime. The same jag-offs are the ones who want us to hold hands and sing kumbaya now that the Messiah is president (small “p” deliberate). F them.

HawaiiLwyr on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Guaranteed:

The minute another plane crashes into a building, or a bomb goes off, or a bioweapon is unleashed, every single one of those worthless cretins will be begging to have W back.

Disgusting ingrates.

MadisonConservative on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

A note to those of us who really, really don’t like Obama: Let’s not become that.

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

A-holes, every one of them.

changer1701 on January 20, 2009 at 4:05 PM

What did I hear earlier today about the putting aside of childish things?

patriette on January 20, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Booed when he came in, and booed when he leaves.

I think that Obama’s mission needs to be to help the left “embrace what is right.” or rather embrace the right!

funsutton on January 20, 2009 at 4:05 PM

What do you mean, “stay” classy?”

BigD on January 20, 2009 at 4:06 PM

MadisonConservative on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

No they won’t. They’ll be falling all over themselves trying to figure out what “we” did wrong to make them not like us.

Skywise on January 20, 2009 at 4:06 PM

MadisonConservative on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Why would that happen? I thought everyone loves us now?

MDWNJ on January 20, 2009 at 4:06 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

We won’t need to. When the economy tanks the moonbats will find another toy to play with and will jeer Barry too.

DeweyWins on January 20, 2009 at 4:07 PM

+1000

MadisonConservative on January 20, 2009 at 4:07 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Okay… I promise not to boo Barry when he hands over power to Sarah in four years. I hope that the transition is as classy as this one was.

Illinidiva on January 20, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Class with a capital A.

Corky on January 20, 2009 at 4:07 PM

The leftards are despicable pieces of crap. I believe in karma and everything they are doing to Bush will bite them in the ass one day.

jencab on January 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

What classless buffoons.
This isn’t high school for chrissakes.

Dave Rywall on January 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Very well said. While the haters continue their hate and the media continues drooling, our side has a lot of work to do to ensure that in 48 months we are able to smugly smile and say “we told you so”.

In the meantime, we can all remember that “dissent is patriotic”

sherry on January 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I would never treat the President of the United States like that, especially as he’s leaving.

amerpundit on January 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

It’s on.

I’ve lost any desire I had to try to work with these people, and I really was trying to give them a chance and the benefit of the doubt.

I’m over being nice. That whole Unity vibe didn’t last very long, did it?

juliesa on January 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM

We are all one. Except that some of us are more one than others.

aero on January 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Even Chris Matthews is embarrassed

I doubt it. These types build up this hatred and our “embarrassed” by the results?

Elric66 on January 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Are we supposed to be surprised?

uncalheels on January 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Liberals are children. They want to be parented through life, and they can’t behave in public.

God bless President George W. Bush.

capitalist piglet on January 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM

A coworker told me he heard a news anchor say the following as the helicopter carrying Pres. Bush was flying off:

“Good riddance and don’t come back.”

He couldn’t remember the network or the anchor. Can anyone confirm it?

I hope it didn’t happen, but I wouldn’t be surprised by it.

txsurveyor on January 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM

The most offensive part: it’s so cliche.

The best these asshats can do is dip into the old Jock Rock portfolio.

Gymkata on January 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I expected no better from them, and they’ll get no better back from me.

flipflop on January 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Their unnecessary rage will be their undoing…eventually.

SouthernGent on January 20, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I wouldn’t either, and I never will. But I won’t forget this nor forgive. My goodwill is gone.

juliesa on January 20, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Seeing this makes me angry, but holding one’s temper isn’t the same as having an absence of anger, simply the good sense to not let it take control of you.

That said, I kinda want to go to one of these Hate-Israel rallies with a Hezbollah (or Hamas) flag and burn it.

Chaz706 on January 20, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I don’t hope Obama does well… I just hope he doesn’t do anything stupid.

saltydogg14 on January 20, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Like Allah said why are Olby and Matthews surprised. These douches have been telling America that Bush will declare martial law and step up concentration camps slash gulags. If anyone who should be blamed are the people of OB-NBC.

I can’t wait to see the dog and pony show when Barry and Co start screwing up and people like Olby trying to cover their mistakes.

Lance Murdock on January 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM

juliesa on January 20, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I’m with you! I fall under the category of “doesn’t play well with others”. Especially these A holes!

milwife88 on January 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Blaming W, rather. The honeymoon is going to last at least 4 years…likely 8 years. Some extraordinary failure would have to happen during this administration for any negative spin to be placed on this President.

The history…the news stories…the legacy has already been written and filed away. All he has to do is get his blocking right.

We’re in uncharted territory…and are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Asher on January 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Agreed.

TheUnrepentantGeek on January 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Screw those leftist scumbags . . . everything that goes around comes around and their day is coming.

rplat on January 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

No need to complain about it. Why act shocked or disgusted? This stuff is expected. It’s the way things are at the moment.

The only thing that matters is what are you going to do for the next few years to get Hussein and the Democrats out of power? What are you going to do to topple or transform institutions like News Media, Movies, Television etc., that are dominated by anti-American, left-wing Obama cultists? What are you going to do? Act shocked and then… nothing?

gumble on January 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Obamaites….righteous trash.

HornetSting on January 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Thanks to numerous childish examples for the last 8 years, we are no longer mature enough to be polite to political opponents.

Speedwagon82 on January 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

The camera panning on the crowd was quite telling.

What else? New fashion rage in mug shots.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

The morally and intellectually bankrupt lunatic left never fails to deliver juvenile delinquent jackassery.

NoDonkey on January 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM

How classless is this? Even Chris Matthews is embarrassed.

Not one bit surprised. They turn their funerals into fundraisers and Bush bashing events, what did you expect? Tacky, lowlifes.

Topsecretk9 on January 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Just think what’s going to happen when the other shoe drops and Peggy the Moocher doesn’t get her free gas or her mortgage paid.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Whoever will not receive you or listen to your words–go outside that house or town and shake the dust from your feet.

…And do it up wind so it blows back into their faces.

ericdijon on January 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Too late. Check out the Kennedy threads. I emailed Ed and AP over an hour ago. Nothing yet. I’ve been at Hot Air since Day-1 and have seen many people banned for much less. I hope to God it’s not a case of traffic trumping civility.

IrishEi on January 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I despised Bill Clinton, but when I met the scum bag I shook his hand & was not disrespectful. We didn’t scream, or boo him. The civility of politics got lost sometime around 1999-2000.

The office of the President demands respect. These brain dead zealots have no respect for themselves, or their country.

portlandon on January 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Truly classless……..

…………. a sign of things to come.

Seven Percent Solution on January 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I’m with you on that, but these people make it incredibly difficult to participate in any kind of reasonable discourse. Even people I know who aren’t necessarily Obamabots but who are nevertheless sick with the fe-vah make it nearly impossible. I just had a conversation earlier with just one such person who essentially accused me of trashing Obama simply because I expressed skepticism that his policies would be the panacea the nation needs right now. It makes me just want to throw my hands in the air and give up. I feel like unless you are swooning and fainting over this guy, you risk being labeled un-American.

NoLeftTurn on January 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Obama supporters just suck.

drjohn on January 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Vernon Hardapple on January 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

You solute the office, not the man.

spmat on January 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Jesus Christ.

George Bush has been nothing except a model of decorum and dignity and these sh*t-for-brains show us what they’re all made of.

Bush has never had one bad word about Obama and has been gracious and giving.

God damn them.

Sorry, but not very.

drjohn on January 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Waaaaaaay too late for that. Or do you not read the majority of posts on this website. The more reasonable Allah. Ed and other conservatives are the more crazies come out the woodwork to hate on them. Kosification is already happening on your side, do your best to contain it.

DeathToMediaHacks on January 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Vernon Hardapple on January 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Go back to the sewer, you revolting scumbag.

MadisonConservative on January 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Recall when the AP falsely reported Bush supporters boo when told Bill Clinton was in surgery and asked for their payers and how crazy the left went?

Yeah. Mock outrage.

Topsecretk9 on January 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

It’s utterly pointless to waste time talking to anyone addled and valueless to be a leftist.

Nothing will be gain. All they do is chant mindless slogans and sputter inanities similar to the drivel they lamely attempt to post here occasionally.

NoDonkey on January 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

There is a difference between being classy and being a poser. The classy one left Washington today by helicopter.

kingsjester on January 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I heard about this on the radio. I can’t bear to watch it.

CarolynM on January 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

From the day got there to the day he left, from the “W” keys to this, he was treated with this same level of childishness, from people who merely disagreed with him. What is this country coming to?

JeffWeimer on January 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

It will be interesting to see what happens when Obama gets booed for the first time at a public speech. I don’t know what will be more entertaining – the media’s reaction or the shocked looked on Obama’s face.

sherry on January 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

In the first video, when the camera pans the crowd, the last guy to come into the picture appears to be flying an upside down American flag? Anyone else catch that?

BackSeatDriver on January 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

No, let’s. Let’s infiltrate and monopolize the MSM and demonize Obama so that in 8 years he’ll look like he’s 140. It got them an election victory and a free pass for a crisis they were more or less responsible for. I’m not interested in being the nice guy who loses.

Darth Executor on January 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

IrishEi on January 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Perhaps your judgement is a bit off today. Why don’t you try e-mailing Barry?

jay12 on January 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM

But… but, I thought the Messiah was to usher in a new era of peace, understanding and non-partisan love fests.

Or, is that just how the right is supposed to treat the left?

Sir Corky on January 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

+1. We can (vigorously) disagree with Pres. Obama and his administration, but still show respect to the Office of the President and the man who holds it.

meltenn on January 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM

BackSeatDriver on January 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

He’s a leftard he probably doesn’t even know what an American flag is supposed to look like, and even if he did, he doesn’t have the brainpower to figure out how to fly it properly.

See, I’m a generous guy, I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt that he’s not some Che worshipping communist orangutan.

Darth Executor on January 20, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Vernon Hardon: Go back to your Code Pink website, you troll. What was Bush supposed to do, wet his pants and scream for his mommy like so many of the panty-wearing metrosexual liberals? How would any of us react with that sort of news? His reaction was entirely appropriate, and it appears to me that a reasoned, deliberate response by Bush in the hours following that attack helped the country rally much more quickly than it might have had he panicked in front of those children and the nation.

uncalheels on January 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

amerpundit on January 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Yeah, remember how we booed and hissed and humiliated Clinton when he departed…oh wait…

Compare and contrast:

Of course, a ‘protester’ threw and egg at Bush’s motorcade on his inauguration, so in a way, I guess he’s leaving the way he came in.

AUINSC on January 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Elric66 on January 20, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I think it’s probably true if only because Matthews and others like him want to build the narrative that it was Bush who made us divisive and that under Obama that will no longer be true.

This proves the inanity of that.

Esthier on January 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Welcome to the hood! No respect. Pretty disappointing.

Cpoy2 on January 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Vernon, you are a liar. May your karma come quickly.

americanpatriot on January 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

God Bless Bush.

tartan on January 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Looked like a lot of black folks chanting that. Is it cause they’re racist?

VolMagic on January 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM

They were just “getting in his face.”

Y-not on January 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Kosification is already happening on your side, do your best to contain it.

DeathToMediaHacks on January 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Nice try. I spent about two years as a daily poster over at kos. HotAir’s worst posters (most of which have been banned), on their worst days, would barely register a blip over at that joint.

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Let me clue you guys in. Kos isn’t Kos because they are rude to Republicans. Its because they ABSOLUTELY IGNORE anything bad their own side does. We don’t. We are always criticizing our side. Thats why we will never be them. Because we don’t kiss the GOP’s butt no matter what they do.

Speedwagon82 on January 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Bleh.. salute, not solute. He’s a solid to be sure, but he doesn’t need to be dissolved… /facepalm

spmat on January 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Yes, please. As bad as he is, as much as we don’t like it, he is still the President, and at least deserves the respect of the office he holds.

I hated Clinton, but still respected the office.

crazy_legs on January 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Chris Matthews was not embarrassed even if he’s trying to do a little clean up.

It was pissy-Chrissy who referred to to Pres and Mrs. Bush as retiring, “like the Romanovs.” He did it twice during the time that I watched MSNBC. Anyone remember the Romanovs?

Matthews is a disgrace, and he shouldn’t be in the media at all.

Cody1991 on January 20, 2009 at 4:27 PM

To those who say “Let’s not become that!”….. I quote John Wayne in a movie I saw him in…” I won’t do that, no I won’t….. The hell I won’t!” I wouldn’t sing stupid songs to Obayme, but to his supporters who get in my face in the fashion these pieces of garbage acted…. I still remember how to closeline from my football days.

MNDavenotPC on January 20, 2009 at 4:28 PM

NoDonkey on January 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I work at an inner city community college in the Midwest. It’s so cold here that I still have my McCain/Palin sticker on my vehicle. During the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day when class was not in session, I went outside to retrieve some things for my cubicle. A pair of American women of African descent left the building and saw me (and my vehicle) but did not speak to me. As they were getting into their car, one said to the other, “Should we?” The other said, “Let’s wait.” They chit-chatted for a few minutes. I got my things out of the trunk and was walking back into my building. As I was almost to the building, both women coughingly yelled “Obama!” at me, jumped into their car and took off. I knew today was going to end just like this.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on January 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM

I think the cut-a-way shot tells us all we need to know about this story.

Alden Pyle on January 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM

I would never treat the President of the United States like that…

amerpundit on January 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Yep. Classless.

The company I work for played the inaugural on a widescreen and fed lunch to the entire company. 40 or 50 folks.

As Bush was getting on the chopper, a black woman next to me shouted out “yea, get your ass on that helicopter and don’t come back”

I’m gonna ask her in a month or so how her life has changed now that her messiah is in the White House.

BacaDog on January 20, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I’m not interested in being the nice guy who loses.

Darth Executor on January 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I’m interested in being the nice guy who lost but works his butt off to win the next one, without letting a bunch of classless and immature morons change who I am.

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Kosification is already happening on your side, do your best to contain it.

DeathToMediaHacks on January 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Well, they learned from the best.

Vernon Hardapple on January 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I love it when people talk about things they know nothing about.

Esthier on January 20, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Kosification is already happening on your side, do your best to contain it.

DeathToMediaHacks on January 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Notice how the troll never condemns any of it…he just tries to justify it by saying the equivalent of ‘neener neener neener, you guys are just as bad..’ which we aren’t, but it’s the only straw he can grasp.

AUINSC on January 20, 2009 at 4:31 PM

“When that happened the first time, your esteemed “W” continued to read a book about a goat and then proceeded to cower in a bunker for the rest of the day.”

Vernon Hardapple on January 20, 2009 at 4:1 PM

Vernon,

Would you have preferred that he jumped up in a panic in front of the television cameras as soon as he received the first vague, unspecified report? Would that be the kind of calm, capable reaction that you are looking for? And then do you suggest that he return immediately to the Oval Office while news reports are still claiming that rogue planes are flying through the skies and targeting government buildings? Perhaps it’s best that he remained calm, left as soon as possible, and dealt with a national crisis in a private and secure location, rather than foolishly grandstanding or inciting panic.

I’m not a George W. Bush fan, but at least I can be reasonable in my criticisms. You’re a fool.

patriette on January 20, 2009 at 4:31 PM

This proves the inanity of that.

Esthier on January 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Bingo! +1

DeweyWins on January 20, 2009 at 4:32 PM

sherry on January 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Exactly. One of the more frightening things about Obama is the fact that he is truly unprepared psychologically for the kind of criticism that he will eventually face. It’s quite worrisome.

tartan on January 20, 2009 at 4:32 PM

It’s gonna be a target rich environment when the shootin match starts.

Ernest on January 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Obama is going to set race relations back 30 years at this rate.

Speedwagon82 on January 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Rachel Madcow: “That is not what I expected”

Oh, you don’t like it when your fellow travellers express your feelings for you, you stupid, ugly, mannish slime bucket?

VolMagic on January 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Do any of you leftards understand that Bush was defering to the Secret Service procedures on 9/11? Maybe they were a little too defensive, but they would rather have been safe than sorry.

Speedwagon82 on January 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM

When the boos and derogitory chants were heard from the crowd the MSNBC talking bimbo had the nerve to say “this was not expected…it’s bad form.”

Not expected?!?!?! Bad form?!?!?! I claim BS to that bimbo’s statement, with all the extreme and undeserved vitriol and venom from the left hurled at Bush and his administration for the last 8 years that the complicite and biased lefty MSM (including this bimbo!) helped to exacerbate by reporting and giving creedance to even the most vile lies and half-truths espoused by the left about Bush and his administration this bimbo has the nerve to say THIS WAS NOT EXPECTED…!!! IT WAS “BAD FORM!”

Was it bad form, absolutely! But the fact the lefty MSM aided, abbeted, and perpetuated all the vile insults and out right propaganda lies of the left for the last 8 years for her to say “this was not expected” is absurdly ridiculous even for the in-the-tank MSM scum!

Just when I didn’t think I could be more outraged by the lefty MSM they hit a new high of outrage!

THE. MSM. ARE. SCUM!

Liberty or Death on January 20, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Obama is going to set race relations back 30 years at this rate.

Speedwagon82 on January 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM

I agree with your statement. I would also like to know if Colin Powell is going to come out and make a statement on the treatment of Bush by black dissenters with angry voices. He had a lot to say during the campaign, let’s see if he is capable of following up on it.

sherry on January 20, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Speedwagon82 on January 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Yes they do, they’re just immature boderline retards sticking to their retarded talking point. The minute Obama runs under his desk for cover they’ll be telling us he’s sensitive and needs space.

Topsecretk9 on January 20, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Well we know what clips The Daily Show is going to drool over tonight.

Speedwagon82 on January 20, 2009 at 4:39 PM

That isn’t what they expected? Maddow didn’t expect this after 8 years of beating this man to death with her words? Of whipping this crowd into a frenzy over baseless claims? Give me a break, Maddow. You reap what you sow and you certainly helped plant this.

Sue on January 20, 2009 at 4:40 PM