Stay classy: Obama cultists jeer departing Bush

posted at 4:00 pm on January 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

Two clips, both from MSNBC (of course), one from the ceremony itself and the second from when his chopper carried him and Laura away. Doubtless many of the same turds heard chanting here spent the past four years assuring people that Bush would cancel the election and declare martial law to install himself as supreme leader. Instead he was a model of cooperation with the transition. And still, they couldn’t bear to receive him even with pointed silence.

How classless is this? Even Chris Matthews is embarrassed. But look on the bright side: It proves that not every word that escapes the Messiah’s lips is received as gospel truth by his disciples. Click the second image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

All of those people are a complete disgrace to this country. Give the man some respect. He has kept us safe for the last 8 years.

Erockk on January 21, 2009 at 4:31 AM

To alex:

I don’t believe many of the posters on this site would boo Obama, we conservatives have more character than you libs. We oppose the policies and not the man. You won’t see ODS coming from our side.

Erockk on January 21, 2009 at 4:34 AM

Bush kept us safe for 8 years, freed 50 million Arabs, killed a dictator’s family in Iraq, rid the world of nuclear weapons in Libya, destroyed the Taliban in Afghanistan, kept the terrorists on the run in the world.

I say Obla bla has a tall task to perform as it is ALL on the “chosen ones” shoulders now. Watch that black hair turn extremely prematurely grey real soon.

We are in trouble. Pray, people pray.

dthorny on January 21, 2009 at 8:50 AM

so let me get this straight. It is in bad taste and unamerican, according to the masses here, to boo the outgoing president for his performance, yet it is totally patriotic to already dismiss a new president who has not been in office even 24 hours using all kinds of “issues” (read back on this thread just to see a few) … it must be hard for you all to be in the minority knowing that most people disagree with you. Keep it up, the dems will win even more seats in 2010. Your party is becoming irrelevant.

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Erockk on January 21, 2009 at 4:34 AM

You do much reading of posts on here?

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Well of course they were only booing because it was way to cold outside to take off their shoes and throw them at the baffoon.

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Time for your meds, monkeiass – oh, and get a job. Your new leader insists.

thebookkeeper on January 21, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Waaaaaaay too late for that. Or do you not read the majority of posts on this website. The more reasonable Allah. Ed and other conservatives are the more crazies come out the woodwork to hate on them. Kosification is already happening on your side, do your best to contain it.

DeathToMediaHacks on January 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Typical Liberal crap… I never saw you condem the radicals on Koz or HuffPo or MMA or even Mr.”Tingles”. But we should be the ones to be civil and try to refrain? F-U turd! Get ready to fight in the very same gutters your side invented. We play nice while your side continues BDS for the next four years? Not me… Your a hack, want it only one way, yours. No more Mr. Nice for Conservatives, you guys are toast. You treated Bush like trash, we never boo’d Clinton and he was trash… We showed respect for the Office, not the man, and I still will with Big Ears, call him Mr.President and stand when he enters… But maybe you should go look in the mirror DeathHack, post on HuffPo and your sites and get civility, then come back and tell us where we need fixing… Until then,

Na Na Na Na, Hey, Hey, Hey, Good Bye!!!!

Mark Garnett on January 21, 2009 at 9:28 AM

freed 50 million Arabs

Do you even know what an Arab is?? You and Sarah Palin should read more.

Vernon Hardapple on January 21, 2009 at 9:29 AM

I so wish people would stop telling us to “not be like the Left in our disdain of PBO.” Do you honestly think they would acknowledge that we’re being well-mannered if the Right accords Obama with respect due to his status as President? Their minds are so warped that they interpret our civility as a sign that we think the election of Obama is a good and positive thing. They see our unwillingness to froth and rant as approval of THEIR choice.

I agree that the OFFICE of the Presidency warrents respect, however until/unless Obama does something worthwhile he isn’t entitled to personal respect. He needs to actually prove that he isn’t just another corrupt politician groomed by the Chicago Machine and his unAmerican mentors.

katiejane on January 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM

The maturity level of a liberal is obvious in this and other posts.

As many have said, a liberal is a conservative that has not been mugged yet. The liberals in these posts are safe, because a mugger has the maturity not to attack a child. Therefore, they will not be converted for some time to come.

The nose rings and other body piercings of these immature libs are not a fashion statement, they are the means to connect them together into one large chain gang to be led around at the whim of their learless feeders.

MSGTAS on January 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:25 AM

But I thought Bush destroyed the Constitution! Why didn’t he just have them all rounded up and jailed, and cancel the Inaugural? Isn’t that what you guys told us was going to happen?

The Bushes’ genuine embrace of the Obamas must have made your head explode. They showed all the class and reverence for this country that you refuse to.

rockmom on January 21, 2009 at 9:35 AM

So basically that crowd was the mirror image of 95% of the posters on Hot Air who would boo Obama because both groups are viscious political fanatics who refuse to concede any merit or decency in their opponents.

alex342 on January 21, 2009 at 2:04 AM

I like how you notice the few posters who behave like kos kids but not the majority who don’t. That’s some high-class compartmentalization. And spend some time at kos and see how long it takes for the rational ones (the people who call the libtards on their bs) to get banned. If you rock the boat over there you don’t last long.

BadgerHawk on January 21, 2009 at 9:37 AM

I found this site mildly amusing for a while but the invective here is as depressing as those ignorant pigs booing President Bush. As such, I think I won’t visit again.

alex342 on January 21, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Bye.

BadgerHawk on January 21, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Who knows, it could have been all the Republicans in the DC area that have lost jobs because of him.

LevStrauss on January 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Look on the bright side. If these particular people hate you, you must be doing something right.

MikeA on January 21, 2009 at 9:43 AM

the jeering of president bush from another angle:

eh on January 21, 2009 at 9:44 AM

That right there, in a nutshell, is why I changed parties this year, and will never ever vote for a Democrat again as long as I live. Disgusting, jeuvnile, hateful, un-American, hypocritical liberals. So much for the spirit of mutual respect and unity.

pleaseandthankyou on January 21, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM

This was a TRANSITION ceremony, why is that so difficult for you to understand? It is the official handover, a time for solemnity AND celebration and courtesy is the byword of the day.

Were conservatives in the crowd yelling, booing and shouting invective at the new guy? No, but Obarfa is the man now and as such is eligible for criticism which is what we are doing here.

You can dislike Bush all you want, but the adolescent ranting at the ceremony was as embarrassing for Obarfy as it was for Bush; no respect for the office whatsoever, not for the old guy leaving or the new guy arriving.

Obarfy’s moment in the sun and his followers acted like jackasses, good job.

Bishop on January 21, 2009 at 9:56 AM

alex342 on January 21, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Don’t let the door hit ya in the ass.

ExTex on January 21, 2009 at 9:59 AM

From this point on I will boo BHO and bigfoot EVERY chance I git.

ExTex on January 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM

rockmom on January 21, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Monkei and his ilk had a narrative all ready to go, “look at the chimp Bush, look at his despicable behavior on the way out.”

Yet Dubya and his crew were nothing but class, leaving things the way they found them, even so far as leaving behind furnishings and mementos for the incoming administration to do with as they pleased. Such a difference from when Clinton’s people left, piling up furniture and vandalizing keyboards.

Bishop on January 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM

As many have said, a liberal is a conservative that has not been mugged yet.

Or have ever had to meet a payroll.

drjohn on January 21, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Bishop on January 21, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Well Said.

bridgetown on January 21, 2009 at 10:05 AM

From this point on I will boo BHO and bigfoot EVERY chance I git.

ExTex on January 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Please don’t.

BadgerHawk on January 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM

LevStrauss on January 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Doubt it. Republicans wouldnt be blaming the president for why they dont have a job – people (cough liberals cough) who dont take responsiblity for themselves do that.

RedBurns on January 21, 2009 at 10:10 AM

From this point on I will boo BHO and bigfoot EVERY chance I git.

ExTex on January 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM

We as conservatives are held to a higher standard than these low-life liberals. This is what separates a patriotic and mature adult conservative from the childish, immature, classless, spineless liberals that will plague our nation for the next 2-4 years.

You’re ideology is in the right spot, your actions should reflect your ideology.

On another note, isn’t it ironic how much people dwell on the past regarding George W. Bush, when less than 10 years ago, these same dirtbags formed a seditious website in a feeble attempt to try to force the public to forget the numerous scandals of Former President Clinton? I’m referring to Moveon.org, the same site that bastardized the name of an American hero like General David Petraeus.

Liberal hypocrisy knows no bounds. Scum of the earth.

leetpriest on January 21, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Stay classy, Allah?

They never were classy.

Oink on January 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Bishop on January 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Yay hooray, someone else who remembers how despicable the Clintons were. And now we’ll have them back for at least 4 more years. I’ll respect my new president because he’s our leader and it’s the right thing to do. But I’ll never respect the Clintons.

scalleywag on January 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Erockk on January 21, 2009 at 4:34 AM

People booed Obama during McCain’s concession speech. He quelled the crowd. Remember that?

No need to get self-righteous. Democrats do not have the monopoly on being vindictive. They just have the media to back them up when they are. When Republicans do it, it gets bad press.

But many on this site would and probably have booed Obama loudly in their own lives. I hope we can keep that crap to a minimum, since Republicans are the ones who ALWAYS lose battles with the broadcasters.

The Race Card on January 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM

scalleywag on January 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Funny enough, I think I remember Carl Cameron of all people mentioning that President Obama found all of his keyboard keys intact.

Ethics and professionalism meant nothing to the Clinton Reich.

leetpriest on January 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Ethics and professionalism meant nothing to the Clinton Reich.

leetpriest on January 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Bingo. If she does get appointed today, someone should take inventory of her office. Before and after.

scalleywag on January 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM

This is nothing more than some of us are doing to the new president. We uncaged this monster when we went viral over Clintoon. The democrats improved on it with Bush and we once again escalate the rhetoric with Obama.

Neither side respects the other enough to even listen anymore. Our founding fathers namely George Washington warned us about political parties where the party is put ahead of our national interests. As Ben Franklin once said ” we have given them a republic, if they can keep it”.

I might be eye opening to read the Federalist Papers to understand better the thoughts and processes of several of our nations founders. This insanity of the political parties has gone on for 16 years now. It needs to stop.

kanda on January 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM

The Race Card on January 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Quit preaching. You are comparing too incomparable occasions – an official and formal handover of power and a semi-formal semi-private gathering. Liberal poison that permutes the Democrat party have destroyed all red lines.

runner on January 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM

and too is meant to be two as in 2

runner on January 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM

While I don’t agree with a lot of his ideas and policies, I do believe Barrack Obama and his family will hold the office with respect and honor. And leave it with dignity and their heads held high, just as GW did.

scalleywag on January 21, 2009 at 10:52 AM

No no! You need to get a better grip on your history. This kind of mudslinging has been occuring since the time that Andrew Jackson ran against John Quincy Adams. These men were attacking each other’s wives for things that are socially acceptable in this day in age. Keep in mind, this was back in the day when these men’s wives didn’t run around campaigning for them on national stages saying “For the first time in my adult life, I can say I’m proud of my country”

16 years? Try 180. Next time you run around quoting Ben Franklin, be sure you understand what was going on at the time.

scalleywag on January 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I agree, someone needs to take a white glove (as opposed to a blue dress) to that office before and after. She should be fined heavily or jailed if they find any taxpayer property missing or damaged.

leetpriest on January 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM

scalleywag on January 21, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Exactly!

kanda on January 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM

alex342 on January 21, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Aaaw…don’t go away mad alex, just go away!

Liberty or Death on January 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM

From this point on I will boo BHO and bigfoot EVERY chance I git.

ExTex on January 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Screw it. I think if the libs want war we should as good conservatives go Sherman through Georgia on them.

serenity on January 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM

(as opposed to a blue dress)

ahahahaha. I don’t expect Obama would sully the office in such a manner as that either. Only Bill Clinton left that legacy, and he’s the only one in history to do so if I’m not mistaken.

scalleywag on January 21, 2009 at 11:04 AM

From this point on I will boo BHO and bigfoot EVERY chance I git.

ExTex on January 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Obama wasn’t cheering. He has shown graciousness, as do most politicians — win or lose. You have other reasons for your anger that you cannot mask.

You are so transparent. You have been waiting for any excuse to express your deepest felt convictions against the incoming President. You are no different than those who hated GWB because of his father taking us into Desert Storm.

I would say that you need to ask yourself “why?” But you and I both know the reason that you would turn your anger toward Obama instead of those leftists who were actually doing the cheering.

***
Save the crap about me being a Dem or a liberal. The exact opposite is true. I have cut my teeth standing up against libs and leftists in my family for much of my adult life. That is exactly why I harbor so much disgust for the pussies in my party who are afraid to say what they really mean.

editless// all grammar and spelling errors are hereby embraced as proof of passion

The Race Card on January 21, 2009 at 11:05 AM

scalleywag on January 21, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Yeah, at least Obama shows some professionalism and dedication to his wife. I have no doubt in my mind that the Clinton family lacks all forms of ethics and professionalism.

leetpriest on January 21, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Taco Bell ran a twenty-cent taco special yesterday. They spent a huge amount of money advertising it on TV, including ads during the most popular prime-time TV shows. I drove ten miles out of my way to get some tacos, only to find out they had run completely out of taco meat in the early afternoon. The manager on duty admitted they had been sent very little extra meat to handle the demand – apparently the company was willing to spend millions on advertising, but very little on providing the supplies to handle the increased demand. They had absolutely no contingency plan in place to handle angry customers who came for the taco special and got nothing – you were just plum out of luck. The net result was a large number of angry customers who won’t eat at Taco Bell any time soon, and some of them will never go back. It was a big enough calamity for the local news to cover it.

I give you the Obama Administration in a nutshell, or more precisely, a taco shell: huge spending on image and advertising, minimal investment in doing what needs to be done, and no clue what to do if Plan A doesn’t work.

Doctor Zero on January 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM

As you so profoundly said,”let me get this straight“, it is not alright for us conservatives to treat Obama with the same respect that you liberals have treated President Bush? Now thats interesting. Yeah, this is going to be an interesting four years.

N4646W on January 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Doctor Zero on January 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM

That sounds about right. Although I think they have a plan for what they want to get done. I just don’t think that plan is neccessarily good for America. But we’ll see.

BadgerHawk on January 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM

First of all monkei you can thank yourself and all the other Obama supporters and the in-the-tank MSM for placing THE ONE on such a high pedastal that he will never be able to live up to his own expectations let alone all of the expectations and the “hope and change” that all of you have placed squarely on Obambi’s shoulders.

Perhaps next time all of you will be more careful not to deify your candidate to the point where all of your hopes, dreams, self worth, hearts and souls are bet on someone that is nothing more than a regular politician and not the second coming!

You and all the other Obambi supporters and the complicite MSM are responsible for elevating him from regular politician to deity status, someone you THINK can solve ALL of America and the world’s problems and therefore it is YOU and all those that placed him on such a high pedestal that will be responsible for his fall and wen that fall happens (and it will) perhaps YOU and others will finally realize he’s just a regular politician after all and that YOU and others set yourselves up for a big let down for setting such unrealistic and unattainable goals!

You reap what you sow monkei, or maybe you’ll all just try to keep blaming the “evil rethuglicans” for Obama’s failures, but deep down you’ll know that’s another lie you tell yourself and the longer you tell yourself that lie the more depressing and difficult it will be to face the truth, and that truth is Obama is just another politician and not the second coming!

Take heart though monkei, I will be there to witness the fall and I will gleefully point and laugh at all you kool-aid drinking moonbats and relish watching the hammer of reality smash your fantasy rose colored world into little pieces!

Liberty or Death on January 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Doctor Zero on January 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Sad, but true. All the glitz and glamour and hoopla is over, now lets see where the substance is.

scalleywag on January 21, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM

inauguration day 2001 featured progressives lining the motorcade route to jeer and hurl invective. eggs were thrown at bush’s limo.

by this time, the anti-bush hate memes – that he is a dry drunk and an imbecile – had already been established. progressives had been smearing him throughout the campaign with the blood libel that bush was somehow culpable in the dragging death of james bird.

immediately upon taking office, clinton’s choice not to sign to u.s. on to kyoto became magically transformed into “bush” “pulling the u.s. out” of kyoto. there was a similar rhetorical maneuver involving groundwater arsenic standards.

bush had already “destroyed the economy” by inheriting a recession which began three months prior to his taking the oath of office.

but of course by january 20th, 2001, the literal rage amongst progressives had grown from the lie that bush had “stolen” the election.

all of this behavior was approvingly depicted in michael moore’s deciet-ridden 2004 movie, fahrenheit 911, which was endorsed and utilized by the democrat party as a campaign device for the 2004 election.

obama didn’t get this sort of treatment today. this is not because republicans are especially righteous – observing basic, ordinary standards of decency and civility does not require extraordinary righteousness. rather, it’s that progressives are exceptionally indecent, vile and uncivil and hateful. and it was their guy who was seated today.

so, progressives who want to cluck their tongues and admonish republicans to play nice and give obama a chance can straight-up go f**k themselves.

eh on January 21, 2009 at 11:31 AM

The Race Card on January 21, 2009 at 11:05 AM

with all due respect (and you know that i’m being sincere about that. i appeciate the level tone you bring to this forum and you and i have been attacked by the same posters for the same reasons on many occasions) but you’re full of it on this one.

obama is free to pantomime magnanimity because he knows he can rely on his supporters to conduct total political war on his behalf. this is his show and he and his supporters play the roles drawn from the same script. he says “post-partisanship” and his supporters jeer at bush.

eh on January 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Absolutely. Protesting is so un-American. This is something best done by the Chinese in Communist China.

mycowardice on January 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Yeah — these people suck, but I’m not overly concerned… did you see this crowd? They look like the dolts who line up to buy $$$$ worth of scratch tickets at the convenience store. I’d expect no less.

D2Boston on January 21, 2009 at 11:59 AM

scalleywag on January 21, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Exactly the point I was making in a previous post responding to monkei.

Here’s a snippet from an article Seduced by the Saint posted in the HA headlines, I encourage all to read it especially monkei at al.

Sadly, it looks as if Obama may get a free pass on tough media scrutiny largely because so many journalists share his politics, just as Kevin Rudd escapes the sort of media scrutiny that followed John Howard.

For instance, where was the outrage about the Australian Human Rights Commission’s report last week that children are still being held indefinitely in our detention centres? Where are those socially concerned Australians chaining themselves to Villawood? Or was it always just a weapon to attack Howard? And where is the media’s indictment of Rudd given they so often condemned Howard for being cruel and callous?

But there is likely to be a deeper, though related, reason for the bias. Progressive politics is essentially an emotional, rather than rational, pursuit. Its foundations rest on altruistic, even utopian, beliefs about the perfectibility of man and society. For progressives, hope triumphs over experience.

That causes leftist politicians to place a large premium on myth-making, rhetoric and romance. And leftist journalists swallow it whole. Results matter much less to both of them. That’s one reason, for example, that Gough Whitlam is still a demigod to the ALP and to its media adherents.

In a tough world, however, we will need more from Obama and from his press gallery. What will matter is whether Obama does a good job, not whether he’s black, good looking and speaks well.

In other words, it’s time to shut up and put up Obama!

Liberty or Death on January 21, 2009 at 12:15 PM

mycowardice on January 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Obviously you seem to think that crass and uncivilized behavior towards an outgoing President is one in the same with protesting.

John Kerry, is that you?

leetpriest on January 21, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Obviously you lack the ability to read the boards, or else you’re talking out of your ass. I’ll bet on the latter.

Exhibit A, Conservative behavior toward an opposed incoming president:

Exhibit B, Liberal behavior toward an opposed outgoing president:

Good Luck, Mr. President from HotAir

From DKos

And Huffpo(dunk)

See the difference?

leetpriest on January 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM

This is disgusting!!! I hope when they close Guantanimo that all the al Qaida terrorists move to these people’s home towns. Let’s put the terrorists in their local prisons. Idiots – total idiots.

veerite on January 21, 2009 at 12:56 PM

So people expressing their disapproval on a messageboard that Obama will never read is somehow equivalent to booing in Pres Bush’s face?

katiejane on January 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Oh please. It’s just George Bush! The dimwit has been phoning it in for the last year.

Vernon Hardapple on January 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM

eh on January 21, 2009 at 11:31 AM

A lot of this behavior is the logical result of the opposing political philosophies, and what they mean to their adherents. The average conservative voter wants his President to provide a robust defense of the country against its enemies (something that should not be a “conservative” priority, but sadly has become one) and otherwise mostly wants to be left alone. The more energetic social conservatives have social policies they expect their political leadership to support, but when it comes to the day-to-day affairs of living and working, they believe in the Reaganite proposition: that which governs best, governs least.

Conservatives mostly become angry when deliberately provoked, which happens with some frequency these days, because liberalism has come to define all opposition to its beliefs and leaders as illegitimate and worthy of scorn. Did George W. Bush say as many deliberately insulting or demeaning things to liberals in all eight years of his term, as Barack Obama did on the very first day of his – between the weirdly vindictive digs at Bush in his speech, and the remarkably racist drivel from his invocation?

Liberalism is vicious and rude because, to its followers, their entire lives depend on its success. They draw personal validation from political triumph, in a way conservatives usually don’t. How would most Hot Air commenters have felt if John McCain, or even a rock-ribbed conservative stalwart, had bee inaugurated yesterday? We’d have been pleased our candidate won, relieved Obama was prevented from doing the bad things we fear he will do – and by the dinner hour we’d have been getting on with our lives. We don’t look for lightworker messiahs in our candidates, and we don’t expect the President to personally secure our happiness or economic success. Liberals do – their entire philosophy revolves around the government as the Sun at the center of the solar system, with various groups orbiting at distances they believe they should be allowed to dictate. The whole business of politics means more to them, so they take it more personally – to the point where they’ll gleefully conjure phantasmal reasons to viscerally hate a designated opponent, even one as mild-mannered and conciliatory as Bush.

In 2000, we were glad to see the Clinton saga ended, and we wouldn’t have been pleased if Bush had peppered his inaugural speech with blue-dress jokes, or inserted jabs at the stupidity of Al Gore’s global-warming superstitions. It’s part of the conservative character to be suspicious of even our own political leadership – we don’t have any great need to see them standing atop the battered corpse of their defeated enemies. To us, Washington is a necessary evil. To the left, it’s Thunderdome.

Doctor Zero on January 21, 2009 at 1:31 PM

katiejane on January 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM

It’s even worse. And you better watch it, you’re on thin ice missie.

BadgerHawk on January 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM

You do much reading of posts on here?

Monkei on January 21, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Monkei-boy, give me a single example of Republicans booing a retiring Democrat President as an inauguration. What the heck, give me an example of Republicans booing a Democrat President on stage anywhere, any time.

And when you realize that you can’t, stfu.

Jaibones on January 21, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Let me guess: the press will be sure to ask Barry Whosane about the puerile behavior of his adoring public. That will be their first question, I’m sure.
The volume is rather curious on that clip…I couldn’t make out anything except at the end, Nananana, heyheyheyhey, goodbye song. perhaps it was so loud that even when they turned it down it was still garbled.
Dubya’s face was ashen and looking like he thought his life was in danger. Man, do I feel for him right now; but like I said, ‘Obama will change it’, he will LEAD thru example and instruct the evil doers to make amends! I have faith…NOT!

This makes me wonder if I share (or WISH that I had) some common ancestor, perhaps recently, with Allahpundit: “Doubtless many of the same turds heard chanting here spent the past four years assuring people that Bush would cancel the election and declare martial law to install himself as supreme leader.”
I mean, we all share DNA, but we all don’t have AP’s word-smithing skills. :-)

Christine on January 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM

to mr president Bush
Sir: I am so sorry they did that
These people do not know or understand how much you sacrificed as well..

I am so sorry.

Even when bill clinton was leaving office i never heard of such a thing.

they got what they wanted..
Be careful of what you pray and wish for
you just might get it..

you wanted and prayed for both
Liberalism
Socialism
you got it obamaism..

jcila on January 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM

jcila on January 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM

The right was so disrespectful towards Bill Clinton it’s amazing to see how they cling to one event like the one addressed in the post when their conduct during the 90s was terribly crass.

mycowardice on January 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Republicans were crass?

So what do you call, for example, leaving church on Easter Sunday with a Bible in your hand on your way back to the office for a Lewinsky special? A Badge of Honor?

D2Boston on January 21, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Say thanks – http://www.mission1accomplished.com/

Dr Evil on January 21, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Don’t feel too bad for W, I’m sure he is safe behind the gates of his whites-only community by now.

benny shakar on January 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM

benny shakar on January 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Aww isn’t that cute…pulling out the race card! I guess have Colin Powell and Condi in the cabinet is a sign of racism. Grow up! It’s old, it’s used, and it’s not as edgy as you think.

Amateur!

badpenguin on January 21, 2009 at 5:28 PM

This is a small slam but Obama also snubbed the Medal of Honor recipients at the Medal of Honor Inaugural ball and has angered the 9/11 families by stopping the terror trials. His contempt for the military and the families of those killed on 9/11 is sickening.

rplat on January 21, 2009 at 5:53 PM

benny shakar on January 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM

in your ear jack. This president never concerned himself with his own safety and your comment is both foolish and childish.

rplat on January 21, 2009 at 6:11 PM

I am going to make a very unclassy remark. The classless bitch on CNBC, who everyone is raving about is so good, had the subcaps on her program scroll “good bye and good riddance”. If this GD journalist is so good, why does she subscribe to such low-class reporting. … or is it only conservatives that have to be nice?

Old Country Boy on January 21, 2009 at 6:22 PM

benny shakar on January 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM

You are saying he only has charlois or white brahmas on his ranch? Gee, that’s neat. I only have red beefmaster – limousine cross. Actually, that part of Texas tends toward santa gertrudis.

Old Country Boy on January 21, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Apologies to AP. I lhave been moderated for uncharacteristic bluntness. I will try to rephrase my statement to pass the sensibilities of our host. CNBC’s new, highly acclaimed, lady anchor after Obermann, before the inaugural, had “goodbye and good riddance” scrolling across the bottom of the screen. How’s that AP. Nice enough?

Old Country Boy on January 21, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Good is bad and bad is good Ok. Got it. Whew glad we straightened that out.

johnnyU on January 21, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Wow, are things so slow at the lefty blogs that they are hitting on HA?

N4646W on January 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Wonder if all of the O‘s were removed from the computer keyboards…..

moxie_neanderthal on January 21, 2009 at 7:50 PM

benny shakar on January 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Wow, isn’t that original? What, you think you’re some kind of comedian? Please. All you’re doing by posting this crap is showing people what a moronic wanker you are.

john1schn on January 21, 2009 at 9:15 PM