Alert the Media: Hugh Hewitt

posted at 5:03 pm on January 19, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

I’ll appear on Hugh Hewitt’s syndicated radio show this evening at 8:20 pm ET.  I will get Hugh to admit that he rooted for the Pittsburgh Steelers for the first time in his life.  All of the other topics will pale in comparison, but we will also talk about the Obama inauguration, the the media coverage of the stimulus package, the Ramos/Compean commutations, and much much more.

While you’re at Hugh’s site, be sure to order your copy of The War Against the West.  Hugh has compiled transcripts of some of his best interviews on the war, including General David Petraeus, John Burns, Walid Phares, Victor Davis Hanson, Michael Yon, and many more.  Many people think of talk radio as a forum for shouters and screamers, but Hugh does intelligent radio (as he says), and this compilation proves it.  It’s a wealth of information for those looking to learn.

Comments

Please someone ask Hugh if he still supports the bailout. I still remember his brilliance when said “I support capitalism until I don’t support capitalism.” So how about today? Does he think we should flush the money or just set it on fire instead?

JeffinOrlando on January 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Both bloggers on this blog supported the bailout as well. As did Ace and many other ‘conservatives’ – they didn’t realize they were being duped.

And being duped is what most people think they were. I think the last poll I saw said that 70% of people thought the bailout was un-necessary.

lorien1973 on January 19, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Steelers vs. Ravens – for a Browns fan that’s definitely a “lesser of two evils” vote just like November’s election.

I refuse to admit who I was rooting for yesterday…

beancounter on January 19, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I used to love Hugh, but man, he really is just an insider DC type.

True_King on January 19, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Hugh has an excellent radio program. He has informative guests, he handles adverse callers with grace, and he doesn’t speak from a talking points orthodoxy. Hugh doesn’t have Rush’s audience, but then Rush has a lock on the Rio Linda market.

Mark30339 on January 19, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I HOPE it’s not too late for Hugh to CHANGE his vote for the Cardinals in two weeks….

Come to think of it, if Obla-bla can win an election, maybe, the Cards can win the Super Bowl. Could happen.

dthorny on January 20, 2009 at 8:17 AM