Palin battles Anchorage Daily News over Trig Trutherism

posted at 1:22 pm on January 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

An obligatory link on a day when she’s ripping “pathetic” smearmongering bloggers in the pages of Esquire and the Trig Truther-in-chief is poised to win Best Blog. She serves:

[I]s your paper really still pursuing the sensational lie that I am not Trig’s mother? Is it true you have a reporter still bothering my state office, my very busy doctor (who’s already set the record straight for you), and the school district, in pursuit of your ridiculous conspiracy?…

Come on Mr. Doyle and Mr. Dougherty, I so desperately want to have even a tiny bit of faith in the ADN.

And the ADN volleys:

You may have been too busy with the campaign to notice, but the Daily News has, from the beginning, dismissed the conspiracy theories about Trig’s birth as nonsense. I don’t believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup about your maternity. In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the “coverup.” I have personally received more than a 100 emails accusing me and the paper of conspiring to hide the truth…

If that’s true, then why has [an ADN reporter] been asking questions about Trig’s birth?

Because we have been amazed by the widespread and enduring quality of these rumors. I finally decided, after watching this go on unabated for months, to let a reporter try to do a story about the “conspiracy theory that would not die” and, possibly, report the facts of Trig’s birth thoroughly enough to kill the nonsense once and for all.

They dug around and ended up killing the piece because, and I quote, “the story doesn’t work if it can’t show that the claims are false. It’s only a ‘bizarre conspiracy theory’ if you can demonstrate that it’s untrue, which is why we wanted to document the truth.” Except that they already have documented it, replete with a letter from Palin’s doctor. We’ve done more with less to debunk the Obama birth-certificate insanity on this very site. Exit question: Lefty Matt Taibbi didn’t need exhaustive documentary proof to make the case that 9/11 Truthers are deranged. Why does the ADN need still more evidence to make that case about Sullivan?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Wow! There aren’t alot of people commenting on this thread yet. Generally, Palin threads have 400 posts by now! Perhaps, Poptech will give us a visit and endlessly post Romney’s resume for us.

Illinidiva on January 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Illinidiva on January 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM

There’s a thread with Huck slamming Palin further up the page. :)

Jim62sch on January 13, 2009 at 5:32 PM

This is much bigger than Sarah Palin. Palin is only the object of this now, because she is the hottest thing the GOP has put forth to date. If Sarah Palin gives into this demonizing and bullying and decides they cannot take it or its not worth it, the Left will have won and then they will set their sites on the next right-leaning politician the GOP puts forth. This will NEVER end. This is their game plan.

And the Right better damn well be ready to fight this sh!t. Because it is not going to stop. This is the new playing field the Left and the mass media and the Democrats have created. If the Right is not willing to fight on that playing field, then the Left has already won.

Michael in MI on January 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Exactly. This and your other posts are about As Good As It Gets on this blog, especially in these troll-infested times.

Stay warm………

Janos Hunyadi on January 13, 2009 at 5:33 PM

“Trig… I am your fath… mother”

Trig: “Noooooooo…..” and falls off really high tower and lands on Millenium Falcon and escapes.

Hog Wild on January 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Remind me after being told of incurable cancer to machine gun the ADN.

Unbelievable.

Palin/Jindal ’12

Sapwolf on January 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM

By the way, on a serious note, how the heck can Sully’s site be ahead of HotAir?

What’s goin on there?

Is he like conservative one day, and then tripped out leftist the next?

I don’t waste a second reading the guy.

Sapwolf on January 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM

With Trig Trutherism still going on, it seems appropriate to re-air this great video, the Lying King. Too funny and too true to leave behind on election day, especially since it is still going on!
Watch and enjoy!

Christian Conservative on January 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Watch and enjoy!

Christian Conservative on January 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

And that’s how Obambi was helped be elected by the MSM and friends. I will make sure that my granddaughters see this one. Thanks.

RalphyBoy on January 13, 2009 at 10:09 PM

ADN — the most disgusting, pathetic rag in the Americas, bar none!

littleguy on January 13, 2009 at 10:19 PM

What’s the difference between a reporter and a con man?

You don’t know either, huh?

Merovign on January 13, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Sapwolf on January 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM

It’s called voting early and often. There’s no rocket science keeping someone from voting multiple times. It’s why I stopped voting some years back, after I found I could spoof the system and vote twice (for Captains Quarters, Ed’s old blog). If I found out how to do it, others knew how to as well. It’s like watching Franken win, and knowing how it was done.

unclesmrgol on January 14, 2009 at 12:43 AM

The Heaths raised Sarah, but they’re not her birth parents.

She’s originally from Krypton.

Cuda-El/Duncan Hunter 2012

Mr. Wednesday Night on January 14, 2009 at 2:13 AM

The Anchorage Daily News is probably just trying to suck up to Obama to get a bailout, since they are continually losing money, like most other McClatchy rags, including my own hometown paper. What a gift to fall into their laps, a world famous hot-as-the-sun Governor to draw traffic from all over the world. Plus the Ted Stevens case.

I can’t wait to see them fold up and roll over for the last time.

Brian1972 on January 14, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Watch and enjoy!

Christian Conservative on January 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Yes, that Lying King vid is so on target. It’s in the Favs in both computers browsers.

Sapwolf on January 14, 2009 at 1:23 PM