Oh my: Couric and Gibson were perfectly fair to Palin, says Huckabee

posted at 2:18 pm on January 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

From what I can gauge of grassroots sentiment these days, this is tantamount to desecrating Reagan’s grave.

Evidently he doesn’t see the bias inherent in questions like, “What do you read to stay informed?”

There are a lot of X factors [about running in 2012]. Including his fellow evangelical Christian Sarah Palin. There’s a natural tension between the two, especially since Palin took the vice-presidential-nominee slot many predicted would go to him. Huckabee, diplomatic and biblical, says the Alaskan governor “energized” the party. I ask him if she was treated fairly by the media. “There were a lot of unfair things. Sexist things that would never have been asked of a male candidate.” He pauses. “Now I must say I did not think that either the Charlie Gibson interview or the Katie Couric interviews were unfair. In fact, if anything, Katie Couric was extraordinarily gentle, even helpful. [Palin] just…I don’t know what happened. I can’t explain it. It was not a good interview. I’m being charitable.”

He pauses. “I think it was overpreparation. She’d been hammered by McCain’s aides, ‘Say this, don’t say that.’”

Huckabee has met Palin a few times and talked to her backstage at the Republican National Convention.

“Did you give her any advice?”

“I didn’t figure that she was shopping for my advice.”

“But she sure was shopping.”

“Yeah,” chuckles Huckabee. Then stays quiet. I set him up for an easy spike, but he holds his tongue.

Even now, the debate is raging in Headlines over whether her point about being able to see Russia from Alaska was taken out of context. Exit question: This is at least the third time he’s taken a dig at her since the election. How worried is he about 2012?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Have I mentioned lately that Camille Paglia is awesome? Whether I agree with her on an issue, or disagree with her she’s always great. You need to read the whole thing, but I’ll quote this part:

And let me take this opportunity to say that of all the innumerable print and broadcast journalists who have interviewed me in the U.S. and abroad since I arrived on the scene nearly 20 years ago, Katie Couric was definitively the stupidest.

meltenn on January 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Huckabee/Coulter interview, Jan 10, 2009 (3 days ago).

Huckabee: “One of the things you (Ann) talk about (in your book) is how Sarah Palin was treated, and she TRULY HAS BEEN SAVAGED, and we’ve seen some response of her this week…”.

Mike can be so mean at times.

apacalyps on January 13, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Why pick on a losing VP candidate if she posed no threat to Obama? Sarah does pose a major threat to Obama in 2012.

technopeasant on January 13, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Agree, absolutely. Sarah poses a big threat to Obama in 2012 and he knows it. Thus he is doing what he does best, campaigning for the next election before he is even installed as President (the only real job he has ever had). His best job description is “campaigning”.

Neocon Peg on January 13, 2009 at 11:44 PM

ddrintn on January 13, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I think Obama has Obama’s interests at heart

What if Obama’s personal interests match his political interests. I get the impression you think that because Obama was born American, he somehow will not turn on us. He will-he is an egomaniac;just because he has a wife and 2 kids doesn’t make him a normal compromising politician. Sure Obama is constrained now by the Constitution so he will NOT TIP HIS HAND YET as to how ruthless he is. After he dismantles the Constitution and has the 22nd Amendment (limit of two terms) repealed you will see the real Obama-who will go on to be President for the next 30 years. Ask any Cuban in 1959-what odds would they have given that Castro or his brother would still be in power 50 years later?

technopeasant on January 13, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Well she can cross him off her list of VP choices in 2012 . . .

PastorJon on January 13, 2009 at 2:38 PM

LOL… Wry. Well said, sir.

silverfox on January 13, 2009 at 11:44 PM

NeoconPeg on January 13, 2009 at 11:44 PM

I agree completely. What confounds me is that there are so many naive Republicans who utter words or write lines like “It’s too early to think about 2012″ or “I’m just getting over the last election.” Obama is still in full campaign mode. He is not a normal politician. Get that through your thick heads. Obama is NOT the normal Democrat politician. The GOP has to start to mobilize for battle now. Yesterday was not early enough.

technopeasant on January 13, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Hot Air’s readers have a blind hatred for Huckabee so they’re just giving the readers what they want…red meat so that the readers can …
keepinitreal on January 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM

In the movie Spanglish the mom, Chloris Leachman, tells the neurotic daughter, Tea Leoni, something like “Honey, you know when you say you have low self-esteem, sometimes there are good reasons for that.”

So I say, “you know when you say we have blind hatred, well sometimes it’s not blind, and sometimes there are good reasons for it.”

silverfox on January 13, 2009 at 11:50 PM

The majority of Hot Air’s readers have a blind hatred for Huckabee so they’re just giving the readers what they want…red meat so that the readers can make intelligent comments and retorts such as ‘STFU’, ‘F*%!K HUCK’, ‘FU Huckster’, ‘Huckastupid’, etc. This is nothing new.

keepinitreal on January 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Well said.

I thought conservatives were better than this though.

They’re faux-cons.

apacalyps on January 13, 2009 at 11:53 PM

I do not hate Mike Huckabee. I have not once attacked him or any other Republican, except if he in turn attacks another Republican, especially Sarah. Being a former governor of a state, Huckabee is a worthy opponent for Sarah if she decides to run in 2012. Again what I object to is that Huckabee is taking potshots at other Republicans while the enemy should be Obama, Obama, Obama. As Republicans we have to unite behind one conservative ASAP. If it is Sarah (I am a Sarah supporter) great, but if not please get fully behind another conservative-don’t split your support so another RINO like McCain comes up the middle. As the elites would say “It is counterproductive or counterintuitive.”

technopeasant on January 14, 2009 at 12:00 AM

I wonder how many HA readers who defend Huck have actual honest-to-goodness experience living under his brand of government. If you did, and you truly consider yourself a conservative, you would criticizing him at every opportunity too. Hell, you don’t even have to be conservative. You just have to be a hard-working, red-blooded American who doesn’t wish to be taxed into the poor house just to earn a decent wage. For those who are so keen on this guy, take the suggestion of this Arkansan and go read his record. I mean his REAL record, not what he claims he’s done. There is plenty of evidence in our local news archives here — Arkansas Times, Democrat-Gazette, any of the TV news stations. Check it out: It’s an eye opener.

As to Huckabee’s fear of the ‘Cuda: Not surprised. He should be. He is irrelevant. He thinks just because Bill Clinton managed to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes, he can do it too. The only problem with that is that most conservatives aren’t as easily fooled as the liberals are.

NoLeftTurn on January 14, 2009 at 12:08 AM

F*%!K HUCK.

outOfElement on January 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM

FU Huckster.

woohoo on January 13, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Huckabigot

BKennedy on January 13, 2009 at 2:31 PM

F*CK HUCK.

portlandon on January 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Go to Hell, Mike.

D2Boston on January 13, 2009 at 3:08 PM

He’s (a) left-of-center, socialist, hyper Evangelical, slack-jawed, knuckle-dragging inbred bloc.

wccawa on January 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM

The guy is just fucking stupid

Hilts on January 13, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Little prick.

Charles Martel on January 13, 2009 at 8:47 PM

We have a classy bunch of people here.

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Both of them will not make it out of the primaries next time.

p40tiger on January 14, 2009 at 12:28 AM

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM

We have a classy bunch of people here.

I totally agree. But I would suggest that we continue and resolve to with single-minded focus and intensity to train our sights on Obama, The One, The Messiah for the next 4 years. To get Sarah elected (if you are a Sarah supporter)we need the help of everybody including those who now support Huckabee, Romney and others. I believe in the big tent but with one main difference as compared to its common interpretation: I believe in a big tent with the Reagan conservative viewpoint at its epicenter not the RINO viewpoint at its core.

technopeasant on January 14, 2009 at 12:29 AM

technopeasant on January 14, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Exactly.

If Huckabee or Palin or any Republican for that matter wants to lead the GOP then they have to actually lead and not just criticize their competition in the party. Leading means picking up the conservative banner and taking the fight to the democrats for the next four years and making them and their lackeys in the media squeal like the little bitches they are.

United we stand, Devided we fall.

Dreadnought223 on January 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Huck the Tax Hiker. Huck the Theocrat Who Let a Convicted Murderer Go Free to Kill Again, Because He Said He’d Been “Saved.” Huck the Banner of Smoking. Huck the Giver of Tuition to the Children of Illegals to Suck Up to Wal-Mart. Huck of the Lazy Eye. Huck the Father of Fat Dog Stranglers. Huck the Gossip Monger Who Should Remain a Talk Show Host.

What is there you can say about this man, who has gone right back to knee-capping his competition with his sly innuendo and back-handed remarks, that is remotely classy? There’s nothing classy about the Huckster or his new rotten comments.

chunderroad on January 14, 2009 at 12:52 AM

technopeasant on January 14, 2009 at 12:29 AM

I support both Huckabee and Palin. Huckabee as my 1st choice, and Palin my 2nd. Both are better candidates than most any one else potentially running in future elections (that i am aware of). Duncan Hunter I like too. My only worry re: him is that he believes the evolution fairytale, although I cannot verify this. I hope not. So, you have no reason to fear me. Thank you.

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 1:33 AM

We have a classy bunch of people here.

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 12:12 A

Nonetheless, I tend to agree with the sentiment.

Ronnie on January 14, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Sigh. No wonder I seldom read HotAir any longer. When the comments devolve into “Republican Savior: Huckabee or Palin?” I know with icy certainty that the GOP will be in solid minority status from here until hell freezes over. And given the way the GOP spends like drunken actors playing sailors, it deserves to be relegated to the back benches. Ed’s attitude is a perpetual “everything is just fine” no matter what transpires… hello Senator Franken! Allah has perfected his imitation of Eeyore.

I’ve got better things to do. I just hoped HotAir’s management still had some fight in it. A real fight means you spit in your opponent’s face. But we can’t have that; that would be too “partisan.” May I note that this, thankfully, does not apply to Michelle Malkin.

George Orwell on January 14, 2009 at 1:51 AM

George Orwell on January 14, 2009 at 1;51 AM

That is fair comment, but who do you suggest the GOP coalesce around in 2012? Whoever it is let’s rally around that person ASAP. We cannot afford to give Obama too much of a strategic head start. He already has one being the incumbent President.

technopeasant on January 14, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Sarah does the right thing, along with Perry & Sanford.

Mr. Wednesday Night on January 14, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Sarah does the right thing, along with Perry & Sanford.

Mr. Wednesday Night on January 14, 2009 at 2:24 AM

I’ll be looking forward to Sanford/Palin or Palin/Sanford 2012 hopefully.

The Dean on January 14, 2009 at 5:50 AM

It’s pretty hilarious that the trolls come on this site and make an effort to defend Mike Huckabee; Anyone who’s been paying attention to conservative attitudes is appalled at Huckabee’s enormous ego and lack of self control when it comes to getting himself inserted into the news. It was the final nail in the coffin for FOX when they gave that buffoon his own show.

anniekc on January 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM

We can thank Mr. Huckabee for the socialist president. Mitt should be the one being sworn in.
Thanx a lot Huckabee, you will never be forgotten for this.
Hope you’re proud of your legacy.

Dr Bob on January 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Why is it that allah posts on the huckster all the time? How come Ed never does?
And no apacayps – I don’t hate anyone (from a former post of his). Unlike your compatriot – the huckster.

Bambi on January 14, 2009 at 8:42 AM

I agree with Dr. Bob. Mitt was more qualified to be President than any Republican candidate, and certainly had more accomplishment and experience than Obama. Huckabee is a liberal except for his social conservatism. As far as cheering on Palin, that’ll take you nowhere. Why is this woman still giving interviews? She’s in the spotlight longer as a failed candidate than she was AS a candidate. There is something Jerry Springerish about all the Palin attention. The only moron still aflutter about her is Olbermann. He’s got nothing else.

So yeah, we should be swearing in Mitt Romney next Tuesday.

adamsmith on January 14, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Huckabee is like that dog that seems just fine until he bites you for no reason.

Bad Huck. Bad Huck.

Mr. Joe on January 14, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Huck’s actually right. The problem wasn’t so much the questions they asked the Governor. The problem was the way the campaign had tied the Governor’s hands. They should have just let her be herself.

One other point: Let’s not forget that Katie and Charlie and the rest of the media were much softer on Obama — the top of the ticket. Maybe they should have gone to Chicago and interviewed him standing in front of Ayers’ house? In front of the Governor’s mansion? Grilled him a bit when he didn’t have the comfort of a teleprompter?

If that had happened timely, they would never have had the Governor to deal with, as I believe the VP nominee would have been someone else if they were running against Hillary.

EconomicNeocon on January 14, 2009 at 9:23 AM

chunderroad on January 14, 2009 at 12:52 AM

I agree – what I object to about Huckabee is his habit of attacking other Republicans while pretending to be all about uniting the Party. It makes him look petty and panders to his supporters.

katiejane on January 14, 2009 at 9:28 AM

We have a classy bunch of people here.

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Proportionate response to the source.

DaveC on January 14, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Geez, Huck is such a turd and so horrible for Conservatives. He’s a ragging hymroid and needs to be cut out, such a pompus jerk and a self-promoting ass. He and others of his ilk make me sick. What garbage we are getting for “news” here at HA.

Mark Garnett on January 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Huckabee / Grahamnesty / McLame

The Three Stooges who love to be loved by the media.

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on January 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Coulter was right about Huckabee. He is a major class suck-up like McCain. he thinks saying nice things about the left media will put them in his corner next time. Is this just wishful thinking or are they really THAT ignorant?

Redglen on January 14, 2009 at 10:05 AM

We have a classy bunch of people here.

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Responding to Huck in language that he would understand…they just kept it simple and to the point.

right2bright on January 14, 2009 at 10:13 AM

HUCKABEE WILL KILL OBAMA IN 2012. I got my money on Huck in Vegas. I got 5 to 1 odds. …We’re in the money…

marklmail on January 14, 2009 at 10:27 AM

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 1:33 AM

What really ticked off most HAers was how he tag teamed with Mcain to get rid of Romney and that little mealy mouth way of slamming Mormons and his pussy footing on immigration and his ass kissing on MSNBC.

If Huck had of played straight up in the election there would not be this much resistance to him now.
He is one of the best debaters out there no doubt.

He basically pissed off a lot of Romney supporters and now he is paying for it.
Romney may have lost anyway, it just left a bad taste in peoples mouth the way it went down.

kangjie on January 14, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Huckabee is running in 2012. Palin is running in 2012
HUCKABEE MUST REMOVE PALIN FROM THE FIELD
HUCK GOES DOWN IN FLAMES

PALIN GETS NOD

END OF STORY

norryrr on January 14, 2009 at 10:45 AM

kangjie on January 14, 2009 at 10:33 AM

You make some valid points, but I was NOT a supporter of Rommney. I had really no options for a hard core Conservative. Huck-a-phoney is SO far from real Conservatisiam he’s not on the same playing field.

We need someone, anyone, who vocaly and strongly articulates:

Tough on Crime, Rapists, Child Preditors, Drugs.

A Strong, well funded Military, fully staffed and supported.

Cuttting Capital Gains and ALL Business taxes.

Marriage as between one man and one woman.

Against Federal funded abortion. (States Decide)

Supports Gun Rights

Huge Cuts in Federal Spending & Welfare.

Free Market solutions to Health Care.

Ending control of schools by NEA Union. Vouchers.

*** Huck-a-phoney and Rhom, neither fits that mold…

Both are losers for Conservatives.

Mark Garnett on January 14, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Huck let me give you a clue

Remember how well it worked for McCain when he sided with the media against other repubs….DUH

norryrr on January 14, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Mark Garnett on January 14, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I agree with you but my guy never got out of the starting blocks(Duncan Hunter) then Fred thompsons floundered so like most conservatives it became the best of what was left.
We didn’t even get that, we got a 72 year old rino.
I don’t know what to tell you but most likely we will be in this same quagmire in 2012 and 2016.

kangjie on January 14, 2009 at 11:20 AM

kangjie on January 14, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Not if we hard nosed, real Conservatives are loud enough, put our money and time in the grass roots efforts to get staunch Conservatives going at all levels and then push for Snaford and Palin in 2012… Till then, we gotta get Conservatives, not Repubs ready and funded and organized for 2010 Congress. America will be more than ready after 2 years of this garbage truck run by the far left Liberals.

Mark Garnett on January 14, 2009 at 11:44 AM

The answer is yes, he is VERY worried about her in 2012.
Huckabee is a joke, just ask the good people of Arkansas.
Palin is the Real Deal and the men in the Republican Party are afraid of her, the same way as the men in the Democratic Party are afraid of Hillary.

Sexism runs both ways.

stefystef on January 14, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Bambi on January 14, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Nope. You don’t hate anybody. I can tell by your own words. LOL. You’re a classic, Bambi.

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM

right2bright on January 14, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Defending disgusting language like that says alot about you. Thanks for sharing.

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 1:33 PM

The answer is yes, he is VERY worried about her in 2012.
Huckabee is a joke, just ask the good people of Arkansas.

Sexism runs both ways.

stefystef on January 14, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I don’t know how really ‘stefy’ you are, but I agree with you on this one. There is fear mostly on the left, especially by the media, but there is uneasiness about Palin that is similar.

When I am CPAC, my Faydakin radar will be on for even the slightest negative towards Sarah.

I’m not only Sarah’s Faydakin, but Sarah’s Apologist too.

It will be interesting as an educated, professional to sit at a table and talk and listen to others that might be more blue-blooded GOP types of the Rockefeller types.

One thing for sure, it will be fun.

Sapwolf on January 14, 2009 at 1:35 PM

What really ticked off most HAers

kangjie on January 14, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Think about who you are talking about who is ticked off. Newsflash: Most HA readers are not conservative. There are many wonderful people here make no mistake, true conservatives to be sure, but truth is, most HA readers posting messages here are faux-cons. I know this. I’ve seen it. See it. Experienced it. So, uh, saying, “What really ticked off most HAers,” means very little when discussing who is, and who is not, a real conservative.

That little mealy mouth way of slamming Mormons

I don’t believe that. Mike did play it straight. You didn’t as evidenced here by your continuing to spread lies about him.

He basically pissed off a lot of Romney supporters and now he is paying for it.

Quite the opposite. He was rewarded with a television show and increasing popularity because people sense he is an honest man. He is not perfect, but genuine and sincere for sure.

It was Romney who left a bad taste in people’s mouths. As governor of Massachusetts, Romney fought against everything conservatives were fighting for. He flipped just in time to run for president.

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Huckabee represents everything that is wrong with the Republican party.

Maxx on January 14, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Huckabee represents everything that is wrong with the Republican party.

Maxx on January 14, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Is that really you Maxx?

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Faux-cons indeed

Social Cons are hated, insulted and mocked even though without them, there could be no fiscal cons.

Though we are being marginiized by the Messiah and his drones, in days to come thye will see we were right all along…and by right I mena more than just ON the right.Sadly, by thtn they will be rounded up with us and taken to the camps and it will be too late.

John The Baptist on January 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 2:18 PM

And people wonder why we don’t talk civil to each other on this board
I try to give you some perspective on why on the Anti-huckabee trend on HA in a toned down way and you say I’m spreading lies about the man.

Why did Huckabee apolgize ? How about because he is guilty of something maybe.

mormon really beleive satan and Jesus are brothers ?
Uh does this mean Jesus = Satan. Are they saying
Jesus is evil or something. Can we get a mormon on here to clarify this.
Charles Manson is evil and he is a child of God does this make me a serial killer?
I can not and do not want to debate Mormon theology.

He was awarded with a television show by the media not by conservatives but by a Fox news.

I’m not defending Romney. You wondered why people on HA despise Huck and I’m trying to give you an opinion(right or wrong).
You make it sound like people just attack Huck for no reason at all. We just picked a name out of the hat.

He could run for senator in 2010(against the commie Blanch Lincoln) and do just fine but I doubt he will ever be be president.
I live in Arkansas and defeating Blanche Lincoln is far more important to the conservative cause right now than having a TV show.

kangjie on January 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM

And people wonder why we don’t talk civil to each other on this board

kangjie on January 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Am I hallucinating here, just what in the world do you think you’re doing? You complain about others lack of civility in this forum when you say things like this about Governor Huckabee:

1. That little mealy mouth

2. (his) slamming Mormons

3. his ass kissing on MSNBC

Did I miss anything else? Whatever kind of point you were going for, you missed.

I try to give you some perspective on why on the Anti – huckabee trend on HA in a toned down way and you say I’m spreading lies about the man.

Yes, you are spreading lies about Huckabee. He did not tag team with Mcain to get rid of Romney. The McCain people and the Ron Paul people once they realized there guy wasn’t going to win they voted for Huckabee. Everything that happened was legal. Stop spreading lies. Get over it.

Why did Huckabee apologize? How about because he is guilty of something maybe.

Huckabee was guilty of what again?

Mormon really believe satan and Jesus are brothers? Uh does this mean Jesus = Satan. Are they saying Jesus is evil or something.

You said about Huck, “that little mealy mouth way of slamming Mormons.” To which I asked you “Why did Huckabee apologize? Mormons really do believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers.” So your whole line of reasoning now, “does this mean Jesus = Satan. Are they (Mormons) saying Jesus is evil or something,” is irrelevant. Point is, Huckabee only asked what Mormons believe so he should not have apologized. The Mormons made a big deal out of his question to cover up what they really teach and believe.

This has nothing to do with anything.

I’m not defending Romney.

LOL. No. It doesn’t look like it.

You wondered why people on HA despise Huck and I’m trying to give you an opinion (right or wrong).

I appreciate that, but in this case you are wrong. (Most) opponents of Huckabee dislike him because he is a true Bible-believing Christian and they don’t want a REAL Christian running America.

The MSM and the GOP Establishment kept those who believe in God from being president. ie, Mike Huckabee.

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I hope WW-III starts between these two so my boy Romney can coast next primary.

hanzblinx on January 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Just a little question apacalysink – where did satin come from. Who created him? Why was he in heaven to be kicked out of same?
Just an honest question!

Bambi on January 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM

“It was not a good interview. I’m being charitable.”

Caught a couple of minutes of Huckabee on FNC.

“It was not a good show. I’m being charitable.”

Y-not on January 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I’m still trying to figure out why the Couric interview was the standard for how everyone views Palin while Palin wiped the floor with Biden in their debate.

Indy928 on January 14, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Just a little question – where did satin come from. Who created him?

Bambi on January 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Satan was originally created by God as the highest of all angels, the anointed cherub (cherub’s are apparently the highest beings in the hierarchy of angels to keep or guard the way of the tree of life) covering the very throne of God in heaven.

“Thou (Satan) art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee (evidently the sin of rebellion against God).” Ezekiel 28:14-15

He, along with all the other angels, had been created to be “ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation” (Hebrews 1:14). “Heirs of salvation” refers to Christians. God created the angels so that they could protect and guide us and minister to us. They are ministering spirits, created by God. And there are different kinds. God provides for everything that we need and He has innumerable angels to help us.

Why was he in heaven to be kicked out of same?

Satan was at first a good angel, made by God. Angels have free will too, and Satan chose to disobey. Satan’s incomparable wisdom became corrupt when he deceived himself into thinking that he could become God.

“Thine heart (Satan) was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.” Ezekiel 28:17

This being was of incomparable beauty and wisdom causing his heart to be lifted up to attempt to displace his own Creator. God “cast him to the ground” — that is, to the earth — where he was allowed to test Adam and Eve in their earthly Eden, to see whether they would also rebel against God’s Word, and seek to be gods themselves.

“Now the serpent (Satan) was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made … And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” Genesis 3:4-5

Satan has attempted to deceive men and woman ever since, persuading them (as he did Eve) that they could also be “as gods,” which coincidently is a teaching of Mormonism, but he had deceived himself most of all.

Just an honest question!

I hope your questions was answered.

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Yep, we are all God’s children.

Bambi on January 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Yep, we are all God’s children.

Bambi on January 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Is that your response to my post regarding Satan’s fall from heaven?

apacalyps on January 14, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Indy928 at January 14, 2009 at 6:33 PM

It shows one of two things: one is that too many Americans are clued out to political reality and secondly Obamatrons are fully willing to distort reality to make Obama the permanent Messiah of America, even if means deliberately destroying Sarah Palin in the process. As far as Obama and his merry men and women are concerned Sarah is the ‘devil’ and deserves to be burned at the stake.

technopeasant on January 15, 2009 at 3:52 AM

Pardon me, but that is precisely the level of intelligence warranted for this charlatan. Masquerading as a Christian, he repeatedly threw hand grenades into any room in which Mitt Romney might be standing throughout the campaign in the form of questions about Mormonism, generally framed in the salacious language and trappings of a supermarket tabloid.
No, I think “Please go to Hell, Mike” is right on the money, thank you.
D2Boston on January 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Absolutely agree with you! Hell is a fitting place for huck, the pot of slime.

Shelby on January 15, 2009 at 5:49 AM

Is the gap between their respective favorability ratings due to her attractive looks and his resemblance to Gomer Pyle? Maybe. We are a shallow society in many respects. I prefer to chalk it up to karma from his tagteaming with McCain to screw over Romney.
Doughboy on January 13, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Yup…Gomer Pyle’s problems have got BAD karma written all over them!

Shelby on January 15, 2009 at 5:53 AM

I’ve tried to save some respect for Huck but it’s getting more difficult every day. Maybe Ann Coulter was right…

t.ferg on January 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM

No doubt about that. Ann was correct too, in her judgment that Romney should have been the GOP’s nominee:

Assuming any actual Republicans are voting for McCain — or for liberals’ new favorite candidate for us, Mike Huckabee — this column is for you.

I’ve been casually taking swipes at Mitt Romney for the past year based on the assumption that, in the end, Republicans would choose him as our nominee. My thinking was that Romney would be our nominee because he is manifestly the best candidate.”

“Turn on any cable news show right now, and you will see Democratic pundits attacking Romney, calling him a “flip-flopper,” and heaping praise on McCain and Huckleberry — almost as if they were reading some sort of “talking points.”

Liberals claim to be enraged at Romney for being a “flip-flopper.” I’ve looked and looked, and the only issue I can find that Romney has “flipped” on is abortion. When running for office in Massachusetts — or, for short, “the Soviet Union” — Romney said that Massachusetts was a pro-choice state and that he would not seek to change laws on abortion.”

Shelby on January 15, 2009 at 6:01 AM

Guy as Governor who released murderer who murdered again said what?
Hog Wild on January 13, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Hmm, What released murderer could that be?! We all know huck likes to re-write history:

A judge declined Thursday to order Arkansas officials to reveal which state computers were used to edit Wikipedia entries about Gov. Mike Beebe, former Gov. Mike Huckabee and another former elected official.”

“Huckabee’s entry was changed to delete information about a controversial pardon and his frequent use of a state-owned airplane, while Beebe’s was changed to eliminate an inaccurate reference to his having a male “life partner” rather than his wife, Ginger.”

“Knowing which state agency had the computer that edited Huckabee’s Wikipedia entry was relevant, because it happened while the former governor was seeking the Republican presidential nomination, Gambrell testified. Arkansas policy dictates that state resources are not to be used for political purposes.”

Shelby on January 15, 2009 at 6:34 AM

I hope WW-III starts between these two so my boy Romney can coast next primary.

hanzblinx on January 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Right on!

Shelby on January 15, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Mike Huckabee should stick to his one television show and not do any interviews so that I can easily tune out.

I was behind him in the primary, then was bummed by McCain’s win, then was WOWED when McCain picked Palin. Subsequently, I was just glad Huckabee was around because he supported her. Now? I’m yawning when he’s talking.

I’m sure I’ll be knocked for saying this but, truly, I support Sarah Palin for a lot of reasons and one is because of the very quality that caused her to mess up the Couric interview. She is not VP material. She is POTUS material, in my opinion. She didn’t do well in the interview because she doesn’t fit the role of second fiddle very well. Perhaps this is why she lost her bid for Lt. Gov. but won when she ran for Governor? And then was wildly successful at being Governor. Yes, that’s a flaw, I guess, not to be able to play a submissive, surrogate role, but not a horrible one, particularly if you think, as I do, that it means she’s a born leader. She was the redeeming part of the ticket for me and for my mom who is 73 and had never voted Republican in her entire life until ’08 when she voted for McCain *because* of Sarah Palin.

Huckabee? Yawn. Sarah Palin? You Betcha for 2012!

gocatholic on May 22, 2009 at 12:09 AM