Round two: Ziegler, Shuster yell at each over Palin again

posted at 2:20 pm on January 10, 2009 by Allahpundit

Why no showdown with Olby? Because Olby doesn’t have conservatives on, silly. That would give them a chance to fire back.

A nice point scored by Ziegler halfway through about the incentives big media creates for Republicans to bash Palin. You’ll be interested to know, incidentally, that the ‘Cuda has her first challenger for the governor’s seat in 2010: Bob Poe, a guy whom The Hill regards as a serious threat. True? We’ll see, but Baseball Crank is right that whoever emerges as nominee will be positively swimming in nutroots dough.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ah, now I can say it again!

Allah, change the name of the blog to “There is No God but Sarah Palin” and you’ll have all the traffic you could ever want.

fiatboomer on January 10, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I love the Republican he names:

David Brooks, Chuck Hagel and Kathleen Parker

wow shuster is a doofus

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Shuster’s a tool. I can’t wait for this documentary to come out.

ivybelle1 on January 10, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Segregation? I don’t know how old Schister is, but I guarantee that this butt-sniffing little queer has never in his life set foot in a town, state or country where racial “segregation” is the law of the land.

Jaibones on January 10, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Is there any doubt that Gov. Palin will be swimming in dough herself? She is a nationally known figure now. She can raise money. Also, she has the media at her fingertips too. Whenever she wants to do an interview (hopefully she’ll be more cautious now), is there any news media outlet that would say no to a Palin interview?

terryannonline on January 10, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Wiki has him graduating high school in 1985, so that makes him about 41, or born in 1967. Again, a liberal Jewish pansy from Bloomington Indiana, born in 1967 – how, exactly, is segregation a “public injustice of your time”.

Was segregation a policy of the University of Michigan in 1986? Or Bloomington, Indiana public schools in 1984? I don’t effing think so.

Jaibones on January 10, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Bob Poe is so desperate that he already used a Tine Fey joke against the Governor

he’s got nothing

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Can’t open the baseball crank link. Anyone know what the hell he’s talking about?

Jaibones on January 10, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Shuster can’t leave the guest with the last word, can he?

“whaaaat? attack our liberal establishment and smear my gurus gods Olberman and Matthews? I say thee FIE!”

Black Adam on January 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM

The liberal press does love reporting on conservative internal fighting and disagreements.

Not so much with the liberal/left.

E.g., Hagel’s courageous while Lieberman’s an opportunist.

SteveMG on January 10, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Shuster must really be afraid of this documentary.

Rose on January 10, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Newsbusters has picked up the story about the Anchorage Daily News dabbling in Trig Trutherism.

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM

The rinos and the libs apparently has decided that “divicive” is the mantra to smear palin with.

the_nile on January 10, 2009 at 2:50 PM

the_nile on January 10, 2009 at 2:50 PM

In which case the job at hand is emphasizing how wise it is to be divided from destructive idiots like RINOs and libs. I have a feeling the coming years will provide a vivid demonstration in themselves.

ddrintn on January 10, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Assume that Sarah Palin runs against a liberal who can beat her in a game of Jeopardy. The “smarter” liberal will raise taxes, punish private enterprise with new regulations and costs, refuse to drill for oil in the US and have our military surrender to Libyan girl scouts.

OTOH, Sarah Palin can be trusted to do NONE of that.

perroviejo on January 10, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Count the words…..Shuster wins.

jay12 on January 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Bob Poe…Olby

Come on AP, you’re slacking. I can’t believe that you didn’t point out how much Poe and Olby look alike.

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM

LOL! Schuster=tool!

Angry that one is…must fear Palin

rightside on January 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM

So Shuster finds, what, five so-called conservatives to say that they don’t back Sarah Palin? So? His idiotic implication is that ALL conservatives don’t back her. This clown gets his own show?

perroviejo on January 10, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I don’t care how much money the nutroots raise to run against Palin, I’d like to think that the people of Alaska would find that sort of offensive.

myrenovations on January 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Nice. Hot Air at work all over the internet. It did seem like Warner was implying that the ADN actually ran the story, instead of just tried to create one. I could be reading him wrong, but I think it’s only fair to point out that they didn’t actually run the story. They just harassed everyone and tried to write one.

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Hah. I thought Shuster was a tool before. Ziegler makes him look even worse.

gryphon202 on January 10, 2009 at 3:07 PM

The Left and Establishment Republicans really are scared of Sarah Palin, aren’t they? You don’t spend this much time, energy, and money on someone you don’t consider a serious threat. She’s a threat because she does speak to the average American and the one thing the Left and the Glitterati Republicans do not want is for the American people to actually wake up–because they know if we do, their days are numbered. So they will continue to belittle and ridicule her, but in doing so, they will only make her stronger and draw more Americans to her.

Matt Helm on January 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Perhaps David Shuster could invite Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham on his program since they are two conservatives who were and still are vocal in their support of Sarah Palin. I’d pay to watch that bloodbath…

D2Boston on January 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM

myrenovations on January 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I think that they would too. It seems like Alaskans don’t like that Outsiders are messing in their politics and in their state right now (They were pretty ticked about it during the campaign too, I think. A lot of them didn’t like the McCain campaign and their staff.). I think that’s something that Palin will have to watch out for too. If she lets Outsiders donate too much too her campaign or come in to support her I think that Alaskans won’t like that either.

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 3:10 PM

he’s got nothing

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I saw that. The guy looks like Keith Olbermann too. Poe will lose in a landslide.

jencab on January 10, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Good point, meltenn.

myrenovations on January 10, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Shuster has tunnel vision, when did he demand that Obama or Joe Biden, that would be the fair comparison the other VP candidate be given the grilling he wants Ziegler to give Palin.

I give Ziegler a big thumbs up, he handled Shuster well who comes off as pompous, elitist, partisan hack. Shuster was the same person attacking Clinton is there a trend there, does David Shuster not like Women participating in Politics? Shuster have mommy issues? Is Shuster happily married? I mean since he likes to assign emotion and motive to folks, above Ziegler can’t be objective, how about his own objectivity?

Dr Evil on January 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I have no problem with that. Maybe Dougherty will start to understand what it’s like to be smeared with lies.

In his books, the author Tom Kratman quotes an old adage “be careful of who you select as an enemy, because either you will become much like them or they will become much like you”. The rightroots have learned from the nutroots. Every bogus smear, lie, and insult will be fair game against Obama, just like it was against Bush and Palin.

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM

the beauty of conservatism is that people disagree in the establishment.

This is why Shuster feigns appalment. He can’t understand it.

In Liberalism, if you dissent (Lieberman, Zell Miller) you are ousted and ostracized. They eat their own.

Oh noes…Colin Powell didn’t like Palin!

Notice how no one talks about Obama’s “Present” voting record, or his legislative greatness?

Compare Obama to Palin, and Obama brings a knife to a gunfight.

And Palin only uses the knife AFTER SHE SHOT THE MOOSE.

Black Adam on January 10, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I love it. These guys are morons with nothing intelligent to say, and Governor Palin stays in the forefront of the national scene.

Tommy_G on January 10, 2009 at 3:16 PM

The effort that the left is using to smear Palin just demonstrates her appeal. She should be able to beat Obama by a landslide in 2012. By then he will have screwed up so badly that “Joe the Plumber” could win and Sarah is much better than that.

duff65 on January 10, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Why would anyone watch MSNBC…………………?

Seven Percent Solution on January 10, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I dig Ziegler. He used to be on nights here in LA on KFI before a couple of dufuses at the station ran him off. Always liked to hear his perspective on things and I’m glad he’s keeping busy doing stuff like this.

MikeknaJ on January 10, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I didn’t realize Ziegler had 41 more minutes with Palin for his documentary. Are we really gonna get to see all of that by the end of next month? Damn! Hopefully he offers it on Blu-ray. :-)

As for Shyster-Ziegler: Round II, at least Shyster let his guest answer some questions this time. But the problem with these two is that each clearly has an agenda, and unless they can set that aside for five freaking minutes, these so-called interviews are a waste of time. Why not focus the attention on the inherent bias in the media(you know, the subject of the damn documentary!) instead of turning it into another MSNBC vs. Palin hatefest?

And regarding Shyster’s comments, I’m sorry but Colin Powell is no conservative. Even Powell himself would probably concede that. And as for the 8 Palin-haters that MSNBC offered up, I bet I could find 1,008 who take the opposing view.

And the media really needs to stop with this “she’s not qualified” mantra of theirs. What’s truly pathetic is that the quotes Shyster cited were all(except for the passport one) easily attributable to Obama, as Ziegler pointed out. And not surprisingly, Shyster knew it immediately and tried to divert attention from them.

Doughboy on January 10, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Shuster says one of the greatest injustices of our time, PR wise since the topic was character assassination in the media, was segregation. Women were once segregated from the population, too, and won the right to vote after blacks and had their own liberation movement in the 60s. Like blacks, women are also beneficiaries of Affirmative Action, and for a very good reason. AND some of the attacks leveled at Sarah Palin, and Ziegler should have pointed this out making clear that he was not speaking for the politician herself, WERE clearly sexist. Her legitimacy as a mother, her fitness as a mother, her shopping habits and diva behavior, her using her sexuality to score political points which was the bulk of the Tina Fey characature, ditziness.

We’ve seen all this before. Prominent feminist spokespeople who were less partisan than Shuster portrays Ziegler, a GASP “conservative talk radio host, have pointed this out in the interest of fewer negative stereotypes of women being recycled throughout our media.

chunderroad on January 10, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Peggy Noonan, Kathleen Parker, Colin Powell, George Will and David Brooks, not to mention Charles Krauthammer who has also written complimentary assessments of Palin and defended her on the Bush Doctrine, do not speak for the Republican party. They have no official role in that capacity. There are also Democrats who criticized Obama; they did not make him any less qualified to run for office. Somehow his resume was seen as more substantial than Sarah Palin’s, though the comparison is laughable.

chunderroad on January 10, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Responsibility for what?!! Hagel says she’d only been “out of the country once” and “just got her passport last year.” So? Obama himself had not traveled much until he went to Europe and performed the miracle of nine hot dogs before a crowd of 200,000 Berliners. Sarah Palin went to Kuwait and visited her national guard units, so that belies Hagel’s claim that she has “no foreign policy experience” or George Will’s that she “has no curiosity about the world around her.” Parker’s little dig meant absolutely nothing, so there was no response possible. Shuster should have been verbally spanked for even suggesting that is legitimate criticism.

chunderroad on January 10, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I’m not watching any more of it, because it seems to cover the same old ground from the election, and Ziegler is more interested in plugging his movie than arguing with Shuster.

chunderroad on January 10, 2009 at 4:00 PM

This is the 3rd straight time msnbc vid will not work for me. twice I had to go direct to their site and the last time someone posted a seperate link.

allrsn on January 10, 2009 at 4:05 PM

myrenovations on January 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Yep.

Sapwolf on January 10, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Shuster is a lousy interviewer. The delay makes him all the more unbearable. I look forward to next week when Scott and Liz get back and hopefully have John on their show and allow Ziegs to talk in depth about his upcoming documentary.

rslancer14 on January 10, 2009 at 4:06 PM

allrsn on January 10, 2009 at 4:05 PM

What are using for a browser?

lowandslow on January 10, 2009 at 4:07 PM

allrsn on January 10, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I’ve been having issues at work. It works there when I use Firefox, but not with Internet Explorer. And it works at home where I use Firefox. I guess it’s got something to do with IE.

Doughboy on January 10, 2009 at 4:09 PM

All Sarah has to do to win in 2012 is move 4% of the popular vote back to her side. Think of that.

I think she will be up to it, and if not by 2012, certainly by 2016.

Palin/Jindal ’12

Sapwolf on January 10, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I waited and waited and waited to see where Sarah blasted the media and where Ziegler was not fair…

Shuster is not a journalist…whatever he is …he isn’t that…

CCRWM on January 10, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I am using IE 6. Sounds like that might be the problem.

I downloaded firefox for a few hours last month, then I found I problem with popups (too small to read, java problem maybe) I wanted but did not have time to fix so I uninstalled it.

I might try to download firefox again this pm and see if I can fix popup problem.

thanks

allrsn on January 10, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Ziegler has some serious balls. You can also tell he ADORES everything about Palin now too. It is good to have a conservative documentary maker like him on your side. He could become VERY helpful during the next election cycle. If she runs.

ousoonerfan15 on January 10, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Count the words…..Shuster wins.

jay12 on January 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Wins what? The Idiot Oscar?

Ziegler should have asked Schuster what was the NYT’s lead story that day.

Easy answer, of course: OBAMA PROMISES TO FIX AMERICA

Seriously, it takes too much effort to read between the lines of the NYT to get to the facts: Why bother?

This is why conservative politicians have lost us Liberty – they pretend to be as erudite as the Left in order to accomplish “respect”. I long ago lost respect for George Will, and because of this election I can now count Noonan (breaks my heart) and Powell (racist) in that column.

Liberty is dead – get over it.

klickink.wordpress.com on January 10, 2009 at 4:26 PM

klickink.wordpress.com on January 10, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Liberty is not dead yet, but yes very ill.

We must find a way to displace “daddy gov” and bring a serously wounded “uncle sam” back to health.

allrsn on January 10, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Schuster forget to mention that Newt Gingrich, Larry Kudlow,
and Bill Kristol all opening supported her for VP before and
after she was picked. if McCain didn’t pick her people like
Schuster would have critized her for not picking a woman
Schuster can admitt he’s bais

rwoodward6 on January 10, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Powell. You know, 12 years ago I would have voted for the man. I think he could have been elected president, too, in ’96. But Obama the ghost had more balls than a certifiable warrior, go figure (and yes, Powell did cite the fear of assaination as a reason for not running, as well as his family).

When Dole won the nomination, I tore up my voter card. Why bother? It ain’t us running this game. Someone else picks these muttonheads and milkweeds.

klickink.wordpress.com on January 10, 2009 at 4:31 PM

The Midia proved mighty for Obama and I fear their influence gainst Palin—most MAericans just want to be “cool” and vote thusly–thankfullly, most of those Americans don’t usually vote though, so we shall see.

John The Baptist on January 10, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I thought about it Shuster might have a career at the Onion, maybe he is auditioning? Shuster knows, everyone knows the score “His Bias” now he wants to make some ratings off of it..there is a name for this but I don’t want to tarnish the image of the oldest profession in the world.

Dr Evil on January 10, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Hmmm… the first thread on Palin that immediately didn’t have 100 comments.

terryannonline on January 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Latest Anchorange Daily News front page headline:

Death penalty debate resumes

Incoming state House speaker Mike Chenault is pushing to reinstate the death penalty in Alaska, and Gov. Sarah Palin is all for it.

Actual Palin quote from deep down in article:

Palin, a Republican, said in phone interview that she favors bringing the death penalty back to Alaska, particularly for cases where children are murdered. Someone who does that should not ever be able to again, she said.

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 5:09 PM

For the Libs defeating Palin in the 2010 Alaska Governor’s Race is the most important item on their agenda. SMELL THE FEAR! Who knew one “housewife” from Alaska could cause so much derangement and fear – it’s great! Love that Palin – You go girl!

Done That on January 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM

PALIN 2012!!!
Thats all I have to say about that.

christene on January 10, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Done That on January 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Interesting what will happen , will it be a “shadow president election” with people from all over the US showing up.

the_nile on January 10, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Done That on January 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM

It will be similar in scope to the (successful) attempt by the GOP to take down Daschle in South Dakota in 2006. However, I doubt that Palin will have any trouble in attracting massive campaign contributions from across the county, even if they end up coming in $10 increments from housewives anywhere from Florida to Montana.

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Previous post should have said “Daschle in 2004″. Oops.

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Hmmm… the first thread on Palin that immediately didn’t have 100 comments.

terryannonline on January 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM

It’s getting old. How many times do we need to be told that MSNBC and some “conservative” authors think she’s a bimbo?

I don’t care anymore. They’ll do it again in the next election no matter who we elect.

I’m young, so maybe I’ve missed something, but has there ever been a Republican candidate that wasn’t immediately dismissed in such a fashion?

Bush is still being called an idiot. His father was as well. I know Reagan’s intelligence was questioned.

From the Frost/Nixon trailer, it looks as though people may have respected Nixon’s intelligence, but I can’t say for sure what the case was at the time.

Esthier on January 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Sure glad Shuster isn’t biased, I’m sure he talked about Obama just like that.

Speakup on January 10, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Ziegler: I’m glad you had the courage I’m sure Matthews and Olbermann never would.

Shuster: Well, actually they would, but thats a whole ‘nother debate.

Priceless. Olbermann…..debating or having a conservative on his show….yeah….okay, maybe when MSNBC decides to start cheerleading the right or when Matthews’ Obama-induced leg issue clears up. Two words: Fat chance.

drewwerd on January 10, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Done That on January 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM

They also made it a priority to defeat Jeb Bush in 2002, and we saw how that turned out.

The Dems are gonna be so unpopular in most parts of this country come 2010 that they’ll have to worry about their own reelection more than taking out a GOP governor.

Doughboy on January 10, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Esthier on January 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM

McCain. And Dole. In other words, sure losers.

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Esthier on January 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I’m not all that old either, but I’d say it’s been a long, long time since a political figure — a VP candidate at that — has stirred up the sheer viciousness of attacks that Sarah Palin has. Not in my memory.

ddrintn on January 10, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Esthier on January 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I’m young myself so I might not have an accurate in reading of recent history. For some reason the whole “dumb” shtick seems leveled at social cons. You don’t agree with abortion then you must simple-minded in a complex world is their reasoning. Nixon wasn’t a social con and he from what I hear was a very intelligent man. Although, obviously, they are still making movies about Nixon so liberals definitely hated/hate him.

terryannonline on January 10, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I wouldn’t put Palin’s treatment in the same league of injustice as segregation, but what I would put there is the fourth estate, the free press that is supposed to help keep us free, jumping in the tank for a candidate the way they did for Obama.

Kafir on January 10, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Can we get these guys in Mickey Rourke’s next movie where they can really go at it.

Oh wait, professional wrestling is not really real. Neither are the movies. And CNN is definitely not real.

Mr. Joe on January 10, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Meanwhile is anyone paying attention now to what Obama said back in the campaign?

Dr Evil on January 10, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 5:09 PM

They never learn…Did you hear the part of that radio show from last night where the host was encouraging his listeners to call the ADN with conspiracy theories about Trig for them to pursue?

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 6:18 PM

This cartoon sums it up.

Dr Evil on January 10, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Ziegler is ferocious. Glad he is on our side.

Geochelone on January 10, 2009 at 6:41 PM

John Ziegler is a powerhouse.

Dude, womens’ suffrage rights were recognized almost 100 years ago — post Seneca Falls and all that.

As for women being segregated, white women were always considered citizens, as opposed to being fractional proportions thereof. They didn’t have equal rights, but they weren’t living in constant fear of their lives and freedom in the same way many Blacks were. Don’t make the mistake of equating discrimination with segregation.

The Race Card on January 10, 2009 at 7:01 PM

MSNBC is working pretty hard to derail this documentary, and if I’m not mistaken MSNBC wasn’t even mentioned in the 9 minute clip.

They know they are biased hacks and that they helped hide the truth about Obama from the public. And if this documentary makes a strong enough case it will cost them viewers and that will cost them revenue.

I had a co-worker come back and tell me that he checked out media bias for himself after I told him how slanted MSNBC and CNN were, how they won’t even run stories that is damaging to Obama or at the very least water it down and spray it with perfume, and now he’s a believer.

Hog Wild on January 10, 2009 at 7:01 PM

MikeknaJ on January 10, 2009 at 3:37 PM

You ever read Zig’s version of events? Entertaining for talk radio junkies.

The Race Card on January 10, 2009 at 7:08 PM

We are well beyond the era of television being the dominant communication medium. MSNBC couldn’t derail a toy train running on pretzel stick tracks.

This is all free promo for Palin. Maybe Zig can find his way back to some decent airwaves as a result.

The Race Card on January 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM

The Race Card on January 10, 2009 at 7:01 PM
The Race Card on January 10, 2009 at 7:08 PM
The Race Card on January 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Flying solo, huh? Where’s your friend?

The Race Card on January 10, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Ziegler has learned from Ann Coulter. Piss off the leftist media and pump up your sales.

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Jim, Palin is WONDERFUL.

ousoonerfan15 on January 10, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I just uploaded to YouTube the interview that Gov. Palin’s Press Spokesperson Bill McAllister gave yesterday to an Alaskan radio show (the Eddie Burke Show). He was on to discuss the Ziegler documentary and the Trig Truthers at the ADN and Palin’s press release on all of this. It’s very interesting because he discusses the issue of whether or not the governor should fight back.

The interview is in two parts. Here’s Part 1 and here’s Part 2.

Unfortunately, I didn’t upload the section of the interview where McAllister talks about Palin’s new challenger. I didn’t think it would interest anyone. My mistake. I’ll upload it later. But I noted that he didn’t seem all that threatened by the guy, and the local radio show hosts laughed the challenger off too. I think the Shusters of the world will make more of this challenger than the Alaskans will.

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I haven’t checked this out yet, but commenters on HuffPo were saying that Alaska limits the amount of out-of state $ a gubernatorial candidate can accept. I have no idea if that’s true, though.

juliesa on January 10, 2009 at 8:36 PM

juliesa on January 10, 2009 at 8:36 PM

we will get around that …

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Ziegler is not a conservative, he’s a more a libertarian. He’s said so himself.

Andy in Agoura Hills on January 10, 2009 at 9:04 PM

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I just uploaded the interview section where McAllister discusses Poe. You can hear it here.

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Shuster is the south end of a horse heading north.

rplat on January 10, 2009 at 9:12 PM

juliesa on January 10, 2009 at 8:36 PM

we will get around that …

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 8:52 PM

…because the moonbats certainly will.

ddrintn on January 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM

ddrintn on January 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Yeah … lets not bring knives to gunfights anymore

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM

douche vs. douche

Noneya on January 10, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Proving Gramm right.

Stop whining, she got crushed, get over it.

getalife on January 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM

douche vs. douche

Noneya on January 10, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Proving Gramm right.

Stop whining, she got crushed, get over it.

getalife on January 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM

A sock puppet show?

ddrintn on January 10, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Words cannot describe what a slimy nasty little man Shuster is. I’m at a loss.

He wanted Ziegler to quiz Palin about what was on the cover of that morning’s New York Times. Gee, is it any wonder why Palin dodged the issue of what she reads. If she answered correctly, Couric would have proceeded to quiz her on the articles, and heaven help her if she only scanned them that particular morning.

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 9:36 PM

juliesa on January 10, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Meh, I’ll just send money to my buddies at Elmendorf and tell them to sent it to Sarah. Or I will make a fake Alaskan address on my donation form. I’m sure that the address verification system will be turned off – didn’t President Barack Hussein Obama the Great say that was OK now?

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 9:38 PM

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 8:52 PM
ddrintn on January 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I think you guys might be looking at this Outside money wrong. Alaskans don’t like Outsiders coming in and trying to run their campaigns or their state (they’re hugely resentful of the federal government’s refusal to let them control their own land, for example). There was some resentment that Outsiders came in to run the McCain campaign in the state after Palin was picked. And there was an article in Politico about how people were tired of the Outside media prying into her life.

I think, and I may be wrong, that it’s possible that Outside money given to her challenger could actually help her. If not help her, then if she spins it correctly she could at least counterbalance some of that Outside money by playing into that natural resentment of Outsiders. She seems to be pretty politically shrewd (at least on a state level), so, I think that she could probably make the determination on whether or not she should ask for Outside money. I don’t think we should jump the gun on things. Too much involvement from us (both right now, and during a gubernatorial campaign) could actually be used against her.

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Matt Helm on January 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM

uh, yeah, terrified! please please please nominate her in 2012 so the GOP can officially die off….

Noneya on January 10, 2009 at 9:42 PM

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 9:40 PM

we don’t want to run the campaign … we want to donate money!

you don’t have to get involved in Alaska to do that

I don’t know about that … you don’t want to have less money than the opponent … no way

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 9:43 PM