Quote of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on January 9, 2009 by Allahpundit

“She tells us she was a victim of sexism. She tells us she was a victim of class prejudice. She complains about her media treatment – then insists she never watched any of it. She deplores the unpleasant personal comments directed against herself, while offering up some equally unpleasant personal comments of her own. She repeatedly shades the truth in order to escape blame for her own mistakes. (She won’t for example let go of our claim that there was some insult to Alaska embedded in Katie Couric’s simple question: ‘What do you read?’)

A smart politician rebuffs all invitations to speak about his or her own hurt feelings. It’s not just that such talk sounds whiny and weak, although it does. Much more seriously, such talk betrays a self-involvement that alienates voters almost more than any other personal quality. Through the 2008 election, Barack Obama repeatedly said ‘It’s not about me. It’s about you.’ Exactly so! But Palin’s replies to Ziegler make clear that for her, the election was about her. The next election will be even more so, because she has collected so many more grievances along the way.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Repulsive carpetbagging Canuck.

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 12:42 AM

If you don’t give the MSM an opening, all they’ll have is the wacked-out stuff like Trig.

Nat Hound on January 10, 2009 at 12:25 AM

When has the media ever waited for an opening to make up something believeable about a Republican?

Ronnie on January 10, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Apology accepted. No biggie. My late maternal grandfather was named Joseph, my older bother is named Joseph, and my 5-year old nephew is named Joseph too. I like St. Joseph because he didn’t abandon Mary and took care of business getting her and you know who to Egypt when Herod had his hissfit.

And on St. Joseph’s Day it is traditional to eat kittens of the sea. They are delicious.

Oh how I love it when PETA throws us slow pitch soft balls.

Mr. Joe on January 10, 2009 at 12:45 AM

She will run in 2016 and win!

book it.

An Era of Hate on January 10, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 12:34 AM

I read your comment over there. Very nice. So, it sounds like from one of his other comments that was quoted in a post just before yours that they’re not going to pick the story back up. Did you read that? Of course, that won’t stop the Troofers.

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Sapwolf, clean the butt grease out of your ears. Allah is right. Frum actually posted postive stuff about Palin: Sapwolf has problems reading long posts because it makes his head hurt

I disagree with Frum and Krauthammer on this, I want Palin to succeed you dumbass. But if idiots like you attack those who are trying to help her she will not go anywhere.

Mr. Joe on January 9, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Joe,

I read the comments from the link and I was impressed with the commenters. Why? Because they came off as sincere and honest. What I call constructive criticism. Unfortunately, most of the criticism against Sarah is very unreasonable, vicious, and meant to hurt not build up. Thanks for that link.

By the way, I like Krauthammer, and I agree with much of what he says about Sarah. She just isn’t experienced enough yet for the national stage to really thrive.

On HotAir, you get a lot of anti-Sarah trolls who have nothing but hate for people as opposed to real honest critiques which ARE needed for any politician to learn, adjust, and grow. I’ll fight this stuff til dawn, and look for the gems like the ones Frum posted in the link you provided.

But I’m still not a fan of the guy because you don’t criticize during the campaign publicly. It would be like Terrel Owens dissing his QB on TV during a game. It seems like many alledged conservative columnists/writers don’t understand that they are players on the team to keep the country from degenerating into a socialism we can never get out of and break the chains. After the election, analysis can be done like after a game. I like people who are loyal, honest and not afraid to tell you their opinions but not publicly and therefore help the enemy. That’s a no-no in my book.

Sapwolf on January 10, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Frum needs to shut up. Palin needs to shut up.
They both need to go away, ASAP.

therightwinger on January 10, 2009 at 12:56 AM

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 12:50 AM

That was my interpretation – also, the editor seems to be getting rattled. He just posted again and is signing himself as “Pat ‘the Unhinged’ Dougherty”.

Meanwhile, the thread is chock full of Truthers recommending each others posts. No comment from him on those.

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Leave beautiful Governor Palin alone, please.

Remember all you can about her.

Wait for her move in the next election cycle.

Then attack or praise her.

She may not want to try to run a Third World wasteland.

IlikedAUH2O on January 10, 2009 at 1:07 AM

I love watching AP stir the pot.

That’s some good cookin’.

JimRich on January 10, 2009 at 12:21 AM

You got that right.

Friday Night Fights.

You know, Allah does get the ratings up I suppose despite ticking off some of us. Like that renegade subordinate that makes a ton of money for the company and in the end makes you look good but makes you nervous all the time as the boat rocks but doesn’t sink.

Allah needs another nickname: Maverick!

Uh-Oh. Better just ban myself ahead of time.

Sapwolf on January 10, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Repulsive carpetbagging Canuck.

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Thanks, that was a great takedown.
This guy Taki was an honest conservative opponent of the war in 2003.
The comparison to Uriah Heep and Peter Lorre was priceless.

I would compare Frum to Edward G. Robinson’s Dathan character in The Ten Commandments.
Frum is about as convincing a conservative as Robinson is a Jew.

silverfox on January 10, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Sapwolf–Frum as T.O., now that is mean!

Mr. Joe on January 10, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Jim62sch on January 10, 2009 at 1:02 AM

He’s just like all the rest of the media: Doesn’t like being called out. Did you listen all the way to the end of the radio show. I just now got to the part where the host is encouraging his listeners to call the ADN with conspiracy theories for them to pursue. I’m cracking up.

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Did you listen all the way to the end of the radio show.?
meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 1:13 AM

It helps when you put ‘?’ marks at the end of interrogative sentences. Geez.

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Frum is about as convincing a conservative as Robinson is a Jew.

Silverfox, ahhhh, Edward G. Robinson was Jewish. The G. stands for Goldenberg. He was acting in the Ten Commandments.

I like Frum, but disagree with him on Palin and on the GOP moving left.

Mr. Joe on January 10, 2009 at 1:17 AM

In her interview with Greta Van Susteren right after the election, Palin made clear that she acknowledged the bias but was not “complaining” or “whining” about it. She said:

And I say that not complaining about it, just facing reality the way that it was on the trail and the treatment by the media. And I’m not complaining about it, I’m just stating my opinion is that’s the way it was. There were certainly double standards there in…

She then added:

I do think that we [i.e. women candidates] were treated a little differently, and I don’t complain about it, I just acknowledge that that’s the way that it was. Don’t complain about because I think, hey, if I can be an example for young girls, especially, who need to know also that there perhaps will be an extra hurdle or two in front of them in terms of career or the choices that they want to make down the road, then let’s deal with the reality of some double standards, of a couple of extra hurdles in front of them, and let’s work harder.

Let’s be stronger. Let’s be smarter. Let’s study harder. Let’s plow through those hurdles. And it makes victory, then, and success that much sweeter. And that’s something that, hopefully, I’m going to help young girls be able to recognize that’s there. That’s reality. Let’s not complain about it, let’s just make victory even sweeter by working even harder.

You want to tell me that that is not the attitude Margaret Thatcher exhibited? Well, you’re wrong if you don’t think it was because I think Thatcher would have approved of Palin’s statement there.

David Frum expects her to be torn apart and not comment on it? If she doesn’t fight back, she is forced to lie there and be killed.

I wonder how David would feel if his wife or if he himself was the subject of the smears and attacks that Palin went through. Would he be able to sit back and not comment on it? Of course not.

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Give Allah a break, he probably miss dosed himself again.

N4646W on January 10, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Thanks, that was a great takedown.
This guy Taki was an honest conservative opponent of the war in 2003.
The comparison to Uriah Heep and Peter Lorre was priceless.

silverfox on January 10, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Oh, I didn’t share the best part. Yesterday I saw Frum’s wife, Danielle Crittenden, for the first time on O’Reilly’s show where she was bad mouthing Governor Palin.

My first reaction to the news that she was Frum’s wife was a loud incredulous guffaw: That’s Frum’s wife?

I saw this revelation as proof positive that Frum is a crazy liar. Why, you ask? Because David Frum once accused Taki Theodoracopulos of hitting on his (David’s) wife. Taki has flirted with the likes of Princess Di. He has standards. There is no way he would ever hit on Danielle Crittenden because, to put it bluntly and uncharitably, Danielle Crittenden has a face that was meant for radio.

Frum’s accusation always sounded ridiculous, and Taki ably defended himself against it (read the article — it’s hilarious). But now I realize that Taki’s defense was far too polite. He should have just shown us a photo of Danielle Crittenden and we would have all laughed at the absurdity of Frum’s accusation.

BTW, it was Frum’s stupid wife who spread the story that he coined the phrase “Axis of Evil.” He was fired from his White House gig shortly thereafter.

If Palin has these repulsive carpetbagging Canucks as enemies than she must be doing something right.

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 1:51 AM

posted at 9:30 pm on January 9, 2009 by Allahpundit

Hey Allapundit. I hear there is an opening on The View. Check it out.

R D on January 10, 2009 at 1:56 AM

R D on January 10, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Hehe. He’d fit in great with the girls.

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Really? Show me where she’s attacked Obama’s personal life. Show me where she’s attacked his daughters or repeated rumors about his wifes sex life.

When your family is attacked in the most brutal way imaginable, when the media attacks your integrity and your character then refuses to retract the false allegations, when the media mis-characterizes and attacks your religious beliefs then I’d say you have a duty to set the record straight. And beyond that, a duty to let people know that we’re in danger of losing vital part of our democracy – an unbiased press.

kcewa on January 10, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Hehe. He’d fit in great with the girls.

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Ya know ramrocks, I’ve been here since day one of this site, and I’ve seen the slow drift to the left that has been made by one of the editors. Ed must have been added to counteract that drift.

R D on January 10, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Frum also repeated this lie in his book. He wasn’t even the chief writer of that speech – and the others who worked on it said he was flat out lying.

kcewa on January 10, 2009 at 2:16 AM

promachus on January 10, 2009 at 12:29 AM

+10!

Exactly take down of Frum’s stupidity. Palin never made it about herself.

The idea that Obama’s “it’s not about me” means something other than “Don’t paint we as a cult leader” is just nonsense.

I found a video from early 2007 of Michelle Obama introducing her husband to an Iowa audience (this was obviously from very early on in the primary season), and the underlying message of Michelle Obama’s speech was that “Barack is special” — those were the actual words she used — and she said that it was a sacrifice for them that they chose to serve us. Now naturally it is a sacrifice in some ways to run for public office. But the message that Michelle said is that she was being selfless in allowing Barack to lead us. And that we should be grateful for this. And here’s my reaction: How f***ing arrogant!

Contrast this to Sarah Palin’s stump speech and interviews where she said, and I quote, “if we should be so richly blessed to be elected to serve the people of this great country…” and “I respectfully ask for your vote” and she spoke of the “great honor” it would be to serve. She never alluded to any sacrifices on her end; she only spoke of the honor of being blessed to serve us. Even after the election, she only ever said that the experience was an honor and a positive one for her and her family. WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN TONE!

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Let’s take a step back. Sarah Palin was the losing VP in the 2008 election. By definition she was second and less important on the ticket. Her running mate John McCain, if anybody on the losing side, should have received the bulk of the attention from the media and public after the election, which by the way should have been token 10 days before the inauguration of a new President.

Speaking of the HA blog, I know it caters to right-wing supporters, but you would think that the threads attracting the most comments now would be subjects relating to Obama; after all he will be making news and the GOP and its leaders will be only responding to that news.

So why, two months after the election is the losing VP candidate, a one-term governor of a state most people have never visited, a woman who by the their own admission many prominent Republicans in the Lower 48 had never met or heard of before August 29, a person 4 and 1/2 months ago that the media did not care about at all, able to generate several hundred comments anytime her name is attached to a thread (even a daily ‘Quote’ thread that changes its subject matter every day)?

The answer my friend is towfold: one is positive and one is negative. The positive is that Sarah generates intensity and passion among the people that support her.

Sean Malstrom in his blog wrote on November 4, 2008, “What does intensity have to do with politics? Well, everything. Intense people are those who vote.”

Call it charisma or talent Sarah has the ability to attract large crowds that very few politicians can dream; she then has the ability to excite those crowds to donate their time and money to the cause. This is politics 101. if a presidential candidate can’t do this–game over. I call her a superstar and as I have stated in several threads, superstars in any walk of life come along rarely, maybe once every 20 years. For those politically inclined Sarah deserves out attention and she is getting it. Hundreds of thousands like what they see. For the GOP to throw a superstar on its team under the bus like yesterday’s trash would be a travesty from which the party might not recover for generations. For the next 4 years her supporters will ensure that this never happens.

And this brings me to the negative side of Sarah Palin. Sarah is dangerous to the aspirations of Obama for a second term and is definitely a thorn in his side. Witness the convention speech, the debate and her several performances on the stump that tore Obama apart. Sarah’s punches hit paydirt every single time. Without the aid of the boys and girls at the MSM to blunt the impact or run interference for him Obama would have been permanently damaged and may have lost the election or at least would not have won by 7%. The Left considers Sarah very dangerous indeed. You don’t spend this much time attacking a losing VP candidate two and 1/2 months after the election if you think that Sarah is a lightweight and not worthy of notice. To those trolls who think that we will abandon Sarah because of your take on the excerpts provided by Ziegler to Sarah’s comments on the past election-think again. And despite the MSM being in the tank for Obama, we know Sarah has the potential to inflict major damage to Obama and his merry men and women and their agenda in the next 4 years. And the thing is you on the Left who have at least half a brain know that as well.

technopeasant on January 10, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Palin is a lightweight whiner. Big ego. Victim mentality. Idiot.

highhopes, you’ve got some serious issues brah…complete tool.

dakine on January 10, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Big ego. Victim mentality. Idiot. highhopes

Sounds exactly like Obama.

Palin certainly isn’t whining. But I’m pretty sure it’s AP who is whining thinking that Palin is whining but AP gets it wrong again.

Ok. Let’s be crticial, attack and make fun of Obama’s kids over the next 4 years for a change and then we’ll call it even.

Kokonut on January 10, 2009 at 3:12 AM

Allahpundit

You need to get a life. This obsession with Sarah Palin is not healthy.

badger on January 10, 2009 at 3:12 AM

dakine Palin is a lightweight whiner. Big ego. Victim mentality. Idiot.

dakinehighhopes, you’ve got some serious issues brah…complete tool.

dakine on January 10, 2009 at 2:43 AM

fixed.

An Era of Hate on January 10, 2009 at 3:16 AM

R.S. McCain has a new post up in relation this (It’s a different one from the one I linked back at the beginning of this thread.). It’s worth a read.

meltenn on January 10, 2009 at 3:21 AM

badger on January 10, 2009 at 3:12 AM

It’s a beta male thing…. you wouldn’t understand.

Kini on January 10, 2009 at 3:56 AM

An Era of Hate on January 10, 2009 at 3:16 AM

AP onced wondered why no one reads the posts.

Kini on January 10, 2009 at 3:58 AM

technopeasant on January 10, 2009 at 2:27 AM

+100

At least she didn’t cry like geraldine ferraro.

Your second part is not a negative, but an impediment to Palin.

The MSM

Kini on January 10, 2009 at 4:16 AM

So, let me get this straight.

The man had his own Presidential seal, before he had even won.

The man has his own Presidential seal, before he has even taken office.

The man has his own hand symbol.

The man has two of his own memoirs.

The man had his own infomercial, which Major League Baseball graciously moved World Series games to allow for.

I can’t go to a single solitary store without seeing the man’s face plastered all over memorabilia.

The man has his own “Super Obama” commemorative t-shirt.

The man had his own presidential coin, again, before he had won.

The man declared that HIS election would single handedly cause the ocean levels to recede.

And yet, somehow, Obama’s campaign is about me?

And not about him?

Hawkins1701 on January 10, 2009 at 5:26 AM

Hawkins1701 on January 10, 2009 at 5:26 AM

Frum’s inconsistency proves his own lack of virtue.

Equating comfort level with legitimacy is not rational.

Frum’s assumption went the way of that word, making an ass out of “u” & whoever jumps on the scapegoat bandwagon to chase after Obama’s bus as another Johnny Come Lately.

A victim is allowed to air grievances. To deny that is vicious. To purge Palin’s existence because she is healing is wrong. She put up with the worst of all and has every RIGHT to have her say, NOW, before the inauguration.

Gov. Palin has proven her willingness to live and learn to become her best in order to serve US. The election is over, and conservatives certainly have hard labor cut out for us. If morons want Palin to drop the whining, then STFU yourselves. Is there growth required yet from Palin? As with us all, yes.

maverick muse on January 10, 2009 at 6:19 AM

Meh – I thought it was kind of dumb, too, but the election is a long ways off and Poe is a nobody anyway. Palin will have a campaign war chest 10 times the size of any her challengers’.

Jim62sch on January 9, 2009 at 11:24 PM

I’m sure this isn’t what you meant, but calling someone a “nobody” who is running for office is similar to all those people who sneer at Governor Palin because she didn’t graduate from an Ivy League school. One of the problems with our system is that people amass such large war chests that it is very difficult to beat them. I suppose most of us would tend to like it, or at least not notice it, when it favors our candidate, but I believe it is a bad thing for our Republic.

Our country would be much better off if we repealed the 17th Amendment and restricted our representatives to doing those jobs to a small part of the year. This would immediately eliminate the “political class” because serving in government would truly be a duty done out of love for country, rather than a career choice. A significant benefit would be that we would save enormous amounts in taxes so we would not be working for the government, but it would work for us. And, by no means least, it would return us to the system our Founders originally envisioned and outlined in the Constitution.

DrMagnolias on January 10, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Allah, your a chronic whiner. Get over Sarah. She wouldn’t have liked you.

Jed1899 on January 10, 2009 at 7:15 AM

I’m trying to understand why this matters! Our government is set to spend 1 trillion of our dollars in massive graft, corruption and giveaways being sold to us as a “stimulus plan” and this is what we worry about? The Republican Party is indeed lost in the wilderness!

sabbott on January 10, 2009 at 7:23 AM

barry repeatedly played the race card and the victim even though the media stayed away from any substantive investigation of his background, associations or personal philosophy. The identification of people like david frum as “conservatives” is one of the reasons this country will continue down the path to the left and ruin.

peacenprosperity on January 10, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Just watched Huck talking about her on F&F. Undoubtedly she has been done wrong by the MSM. She has got to get used to that idea. Cause they will come after her again. And they won’t wait, they see her as a thread to the one’s second term. They have 4 years to destroy her and they will pull out all the stops to get that done.

conservnut on January 10, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Full Disclosure: Did Allahpundit vote for Obama? Hot Air readers demand to know!

I say yes. Initially, I thought he may have abstained, which is bad enough. Now, I think he fell for the b.s. But, I think we have a right to know his biases.

Blake on January 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM

see her as a thread threat to the one’s second term

Sorry, have not had that first cup yet.

conservnut on January 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Mr & Ms Frum both are Canadian born RINOs. Why would any conservative pay attention to what they have to say?

apoole on January 10, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Blake on January 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I have to respectfully disagree here. One of the most important institutions we have is the right to cast our vote in secret–this is why I also oppose card-check legislation. Allahpundit has the right to keep his choice at the ballot box secret and I can only speak for myself, but I respect that right.

I think that Sarah has the makings of a strong presidential candidate in 2012, 2016, or 2020–assuming we’re still having fair elections by that time–and that’s by no means a sure thing. The diamond that is Sarah still needs a bit of polishing, but time will take care of that. It depends on what she wants to do.

Matt Helm on January 10, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Frum is about as convincing a conservative as Robinson is a Jew.

Edward G. Robinson was a Jew. See: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000064/bio
It was a sign of his acting ability that he could convince people he wasnt. He played roles of elderly Jewish men later in his career.
Nobody today in Hollywood with Eddie’s talent.

abcurtis on January 10, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Matt Helm on January 10, 2009 at 8:40 AM

You are right. This was her first foray into national politics. She came away bruised but wiser and I think determined to come back. She will be much more polished in four years, I just hope she uses different polishers than the jackballs that have been polishing our candidates for the last several years.

conservnut on January 10, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I have to disagree with this blog post. What in the world is wrong with a politician telling the truth about her media coverage? There always seems to be too high a standard for conservative politicians — from conservatives! They have to take it all with a smile? No thanks.

Dennis_Second_Thots on January 10, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Posts like these (cuda bashings) are exactly why I didn’t vote for HA in the web blog awards.

redrock on January 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I still am not seeing the problem with this interview

its 2 weeks before the Messiah’s big day

she was destroyed by the media … she had the platform to shoot back and she did and it will not be big news after the weekend.

When will Republicans realize that the media is not their friend? John McCain wanted to be friends with media and what did it get him … the NY Times runs a piece based on no evidence that he was having an affair!!

Palin took her REAL shots at the media and good for her, it probably felt good for her to get it out, especially when it concerned her family

Now she needs to get some people around her that will take the shots for her … she needs a PAC

She needs to learn how to fight the press while not making it look like she is fighting the press if you follow what I am trying to say. Let other people do the hard fighting.

If the only thing the media/dems have against her is one damn interview with Couric than they have nothing.

If Palin goes out there and attends debates, panel discussions and appears on television as the face of the opposition for the next 4-8 years … nobody will remember said interview, nobody will care

she must not just sit up there

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 10:21 AM

DrMagnolias on January 10, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Well said. I totally agree.

bridgetown on January 10, 2009 at 10:55 AM

The moronic argument of people like you (Allah) shows me how smart people on the left are. The goal of the left wing media is to complete destroys Sarah Palin’s character so MR. Idiot Obama has no competition in 2012. This lady scares the crap out of the left.

pukara61 on January 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM

redrock on January 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM

wise_man on January 10, 2009 at 12:20 PM

from conservatives! They have to take it all with a smile? No thanks.

Dennis_Second_Thots

I hope you’re not suggesting AP is a conservative. None of his dull-witted doggerel would support that contention.

SKYFOX on January 10, 2009 at 12:20 PM

highhopes on January 9, 2009 at 9:41 PM

EXACTLY!!!!
WHY TF did I even try to read another AP post????
5 month AP boycott and I thought I could come back. Nope.

shooter on January 10, 2009 at 12:27 PM

This link was posted before in the thread but Andrea Tantaros makes an excellent counterpoint to Frum.
silverfox on January 10, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Thanks. 911 responses so far. Behold the obsession of the left (and the elitist center-right) — they can’t let go with the spittle-flecked hate. Palin must be destroyed.

Wow.

Nichevo on January 10, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Palin’s mistake was thinking the press actually wanted to report facts…”what do your read” is a foolish question, considering Couric and others never asked how Palin accomplished the things she had done.
Every question was a “do you still beat your…” type of question.
And btw, you don’t have to “read” what others have written to know what they have written. It was so obvious the medias slant that you never had to really read anything to know that they thought that Trig was not her baby…

right2bright on January 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM

And Allah, don’t you tire of this sort of thing…but I have stated this before, and will again…you have started this sort of thing ever since Ed begin hosting also.
Really, you do alright on your own, don’t worry about Ed…

right2bright on January 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Holy cow! 250+ posts. Some nightowls here.

Hey, I had a breakfast date with a lovely lady and get this. The has a motorcylce. I was floored.

A little sportsbike. Wow, what a turn on.

Could it be…that just maybe…she is…one of….:

Sarah’s People

We are gonna see Clint in “Gran Torino” tomorrow. What a dream date. It don’t get any better.

Sapwolf on January 10, 2009 at 2:58 PM

technopeasant on January 10, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Tech,

You are so correct about the fear of Sarah on the part of the Obama and leftist camp.

A perfect example are trolls on this site who claim they are excited that Palin could run against Obama in 2012 and that Obama would beat here easily.

However, if that were the case, why do they criticize her and hurt her with their words.

The last thing our resident leftist trolls want is for Sarah to run against Obama, a tougher more nationally matured Sarah against Obama’s bad economy, bogged down war in Afghanistan, promises broken, and a country where people feel worse off than 3-4 years ago.

Sapwolf on January 10, 2009 at 3:16 PM

redrock on January 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I don’t come here to read EeyorePundit. I’ve always thought he was obnoxious and boring. His old blog was juvenile. He’s extraordinarily lucky that Michelle Malkin found him amusing. Whatever his salary is, she pays him too much. Ed’s posts are far better; I think of him as the adult in charge here. Eeyore and his stupid “beta male” headlines are just annoying.

I read Hot Air because I like the layout and enjoy the comments left by other readers.

ramrocks on January 10, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I like Frum, but disagree with him on Palin and on the GOP moving left.

Mr. Joe on January 10, 2009 at 1:17 AM

What? Oy vey!

Next you’ll be telling me Tony Curtis was Jewish, and, I don’t know… that Rock Hudson was gay.

ok I’ll be shutting up now.

silverfox on January 10, 2009 at 3:41 PM

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 10:21 AM said…

joey24007 on January 10, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I like your way of thinking… One way or another she needs to remove the national/international experience level issue from the debate or they will try that whole line again. She has about three years to cram and gather her forces, then it’s rematch time. Should be a fairer fight too if the blush is off the One by then.

RalphyBoy on January 11, 2009 at 7:56 PM

You betcha! Hey nice dress where did you buy that?

Bradky on January 12, 2009 at 6:11 AM

The MSM made the election about Sarah in a negative way. Sarah, as a good warrior tried to make it an election based on McCain’s character and vision of a strong military and reducing government expenditures, and by doing that Sarah inadvertently played up McCain’s deficiencies as opposed to Obama. Let me be clear: Sarah was following orders to that-she did her job too well. In retrospect the McCain campaign should have made this election about Sarah; that they never showcased Sarah in any TV ads during the last week or two weeks before the end of the campaign reveals the campaign’s belief that this campaign was all about McCain and that Sarah was only along for the ride. I’m not saying that McCain would have won by showcasing Sarah but I do believe the results would have been much closer if Sarah had been allowed to use her charisma to convince the American voters of the sinister nature of Obama’s associations and his socialist policies.

technopeasant on January 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM