It’s on: Christian group files complaint accusing atheist bus ads of being untruthful

posted at 3:46 pm on January 9, 2009 by Allahpundit

Oh my.

You guys don’t really want to litigate this subject in court, where actual evidence matters, do you?

Stephen Green, national director of Christian Voice, complained to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) yesterday, saying the adverts break the ASA’s codes on substantiation and truthfulness…

‘There is plenty of evidence for God, from people’s personal experience, to the complexity, interdependence, beauty and design of the natural world.

‘But there is scant evidence on the other side, so I think the advertisers are really going to struggle to show their claim is not an exaggeration or inaccurate, as the ASA code puts it,’ said Mr Green…

The adverts contain the slogan: ‘There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life,’ whilst the ASA code states that ‘marketers must hold documentary evidence to prove all claims, whether direct or implied, that are capable of objective substantiation’…

Hanne Stinson, chief executive of the British Humanist Association, said they were not taking the Christian Voice complaint seriously.

Scopes Trial II, starring Christopher Hitchens as Darrow and Rick Warren as Bryan. I’m available to work pro bono, provided I get to meet the lovely Ariane. Exit question: What’s the “documentary evidence” that supposedly “proves” the claims made in Christian ads? The gospels? Does the Book of Mormon “prove” Mormonism too?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

right4life
I didn’t talk about ‘violent acts’ just shows what a gutless little punk you are.

No, you went from claiming people made threats against you and then made the hollow offer of meeting me in person in a very juvenile dare and a veiled threat of violence.

Please. Your age is reflected in your juvenile behavior.

and yes I would have met you…and its a nice place…oh yeah my old stomping grounds in east st. louis IL…still game boy??

And like I stated, hollow offer since the meeting place is outside of where I live.

and DUHHHHHH dumbazz, how do I know where you live???? huh???? pathetically stupid….

Quite easy and yet another outright dishonest action on your part. I state where I live over and over in my podcasts. You have been to my website and have accessed those files so your offer is, as I stated, hollow and dishonest.

well why don’t you see if I show up…huh? its a nice empty place…an old abandoned factory….you up for it boy????

An old abandoned factory?! And you claim you just want to “talk”?! Wow. You really are a child. A violent one, but still a child.

But please, do go on.

we’d have a nice little chat!!

Right. At an abandoned factory.

you can call me all the names you want to!! and then you can come back on here and tell everyone how tough you are!!

Right. I don’t think there are any people on this site who are that much of a fool except for you perhaps.

you might even be able to convert me to worship your hairygod darwin!!

think of it as a missionary trip!!

Right. Juvenile hollow threats aside, keep going.

I just love how you are so controlled by your ego that even after you stated you were done, you just have to keep going. So predictable.

Please, continue.

Gene Splicer on January 11, 2009 at 9:17 PM

your desperate attempts to advertise your web site is crass and low-class…no surprise from someone like you though…you disgusting little cowardly piece of trash.

I knew you wouldn’t have the guts to meet me…no surprise…coward.

how does it feel to be such a hollow, empty little man, a congenital liar…and building your entire life upon a lie?

and yes hell waits for people like you…and yes you do have a great deal to fear…you have no idea, its far worse than anything you can imagine…the darkness is terrifying…and you will get to find that out…the hard way….

have a nice life loser.

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I forgot to ask. How exactly does one get a masters degree in computers?

Seems to be a rather nebulous degree at best.

Gene Splicer on January 11, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Well, Gene Splicer, now we know where he came from; he knows just way too much about it.

Pelayo on January 11, 2009 at 9:25 PM

right4life
your desperate attempts to advertise your web site is crass and low-class…

Wow. So that means that everyone who has their site in their name, signature or uses it in these comments is crass and low class to you? You really hate a lot of people.

But, that doesn’t change the fact that you have been to my site. So, your offer was dishonest as I stated.

no surprise from someone like you though…

Still, the fact remains that you have been to my site and your offer was a dishonest one.

you disgusting little cowardly piece of trash.

Cowardly like making a dishonest offer like you have? Or cowardly as not having the spine to register at a regulated forum in order to debate?

I knew you wouldn’t have the guts to meet me…no surprise…coward.

And I knew your offer was dishonest and it was. This goes above and beyond your veiled threats of physical violence.

I don’t know since I am not you. I based my life upon the verifiable and the rational. I also do not look forward to seeing others tortured as you do. That is still just sick.

I am also not the person who has lied about having a masters degree and in “computers”. Such a generic claim.

and yes hell waits for people like you…

The xian hell? Not as such. Your mythology is for you, not me.

and yes you do have a great deal to fear…

Only from the true believers like you who gleefully look forward to seeing others tortured.

And thank you for providing more proof that what I have stated about you is indeed fact.

Only a sick and twisted little man would look forward to the torture of others.

have a nice life loser.

Oh, I will. But please, keep posting. You are an incredible case I can cite over and over of what not to let religion do to a person or mind.

Is that really it or are you going to come back again?

In any regards, thank you so much. You have provided me with so much material.

Perhaps you can learn one thing R4L. Normally I just ignore a poser like you, but every once in a while, I run across one that is a special case and just screams to be used as an example.

I mentioned before the person going by the pen name of David Enjay who has a non-xian snuff fantasy where he gets to murder millions in the name of his god. You struck me as of the same ilk.

All I had to do was just to let you keep talking. The more you did, the more you showed your true colors. And finally, it came down to a thinly veiled threat of physical violence form you and a threat of what will happen in hell where you get to enjoy watching others getting tortured or what you call justice.

Again, thanks.

Gene Splicer on January 11, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Pelayo on January 11, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Only, I fear, because of what he wished to see others subjected to.

Gene Splicer on January 11, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I KNEW you’d keep posting…this is too funny!!! I’ve got you trained like pavlov’s dogs…I ring the bell and you drool!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I knew that part about hell would bother THE HELL out of you!!!! and it did!!! heh

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Only, I fear, because of what he wished to see others subjected to.

I sense an unnerving fixation on Hell, damnation, and torture.

Pelayo on January 11, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I really have enjoyed making you darwiniacs look stupid…I mean you’re examples are so lame..

evolution is a racist lie. and you have to a real piece of work to believe it…as you wackos have proven.

you think you’re ‘rational’ but all ya got is FAITH in your hairygod darwin…and your examples of ‘evolution’ are the lamest, most laughable things around!! bet you wackos think different hair color proves evolution too!!!

one mutation and SHAZAM it proves evolution to gomers like you…you great examples of ‘evolution’ show how desperate your ‘theory’ is…and whats even funnier is you darwiniacs think you’re so ‘intelligent’ when you’re nothing more than hateful intolerant little fascist thugs…

too funny!!

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 10:01 PM

and this is what really deep down draws you to the theory of evolution…

“Biological arguments for racism may have been common before 1859, but they increased by orders of magnitude following the acceptance of evolutionary theory.” Stephen Jay Gould,
‘Ontogeny and Phylogeny’, Belknap-Harvard Press, pp. 27-128

its in the ‘white’ of your eyes….

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I bothers me, not because I fear damnation, but because I fear for all those people who have to deal with you personally.

Pelayo on January 11, 2009 at 10:03 PM

R4L

Are you really that big of a charlatan? When did I ever state I was or would stop posting? You claimed that you were going to stop and then kept going.

Really? Please cite where. I clearly state it is your mythology and not mine. But thank you for proving what I claimed about you was correct.

Gene Splicer on January 11, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Pelayo on January 11, 2009 at 9:57 PM
I sense an unnerving fixation on Hell, damnation, and torture.

Too true. And what will happen when he thinks that such “justice” is not being delivered fast enough or to those most deserving?

Gene Splicer on January 11, 2009 at 10:05 PM

“At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace, the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes, as Professor Schaaffhausen has remarked, will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as now between the negro or Australian and the gorilla.” (Darwin, Charles R. [English naturalist and founder of the modern theory of evolution], “The Descent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex,” [1871], John Murray: London, Second Edition, 1922, reprint, pp.241-242

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 10:06 PM

“The more civilized so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilised races throughout the world.” (Darwin, Charles R. [English naturalist and founder of the modern theory of evolution], “The Life of Charles Darwin”, [1902], Senate: London, 1995, reprint, p.64).

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM

“It may be quite true that some negroes are better than some white men; but no rational man, cognisant of the facts, believes that the average negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the average white man. And, if this be true, it is simply incredible that, when all his disabilities are removed, and our prognathous relative has a fair field and no favour, as well as no oppressor, he will be able to compete successfully with his bigger-brained and smallerjawed rival, in a contest which is to be carried on by thoughts and not by bites. The highest places in the hierarchy of civilisation will assuredly not be within the reach of our dusky cousins, though it is by no means necessary that they should be restricted to the lowest.” (Huxley, Thomas Henry [Anatomist, Dean of the Royal College of Science, and "Darwin's Bulldog"], “Emancipation-Black and White,” in Rhys E., ed., “Lectures and Lay Sermons,” [1871], Everyman’s Library, J.M. Dent & Co: London, 1926, reprint, p.115

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM

With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated; and those that survive commonly exhibit a vigorous state of health. We civilised men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination; we build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed, and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment. There is reason to believe that vaccination has preserved thousands, who from a weak constitution would formerly have succumbed to small-pox. Thus the weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.” (Darwin, Charles R. [English naturalist and founder of the modern theory of evolution], “The Descent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex,” [1871], John Murray: London, Second Edition, 1922, reprint, pp.205-206

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 10:08 PM

A direct line runs from Darwin, through the founder of the eugenics movement-Darwin’s cousin, Francis Galton-to the extermination camps of Nazi Europe.” (Brookes, Martin.,”Ripe old age,” Review of “Of Flies, Mice and Men,” by Francois Jacob, Harvard University Press, 1999. New Scientist, Vol. 161, No. 2171, 30 January 1999, p.41).

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 10:08 PM

“Haeckel was the chief apostle of evolution in Germany. Nordenskiold (1929) argues that he was even more influential than Darwin in convincing the world of the truth of evolution. … But, as Gasman argues, Haeckel’s greatest influence was, ultimately, in another, tragic direction-national socialism. His evolutionary racism; his call to the German people for racial purity and unflinching devotion to a “just” state; his belief that harsh, inexorable laws of evolution ruled human civilization and nature alike, conferring upon favored races the right to dominate others; the irrational mysticism that had always stood in strange communion with his brave words about objective science-all contributed to the rise of Nazism. The Monist League that he had founded and led, though it included a wing of pacifists and leftists, made a comfortable transition to active support for Hitler.” (Gould, Stephen J. [Professor of Zoology and Geology, Harvard University], “Ontogeny and Phylogeny,” Belknap Press: Cambridge MA, 1977, pp.77-78).

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 10:08 PM

“The case for Darwinism cannot be based on any edification that is supposed to come from its truths. Through eugenics, Darwinism was a bad influence on Nazism, one of the greatest killers in world history. Darwinism probably contributed to the upsurge of racism in the latter part of the nineteenth century, and thus it helped foment twentieth-century racism generally. Darwinism was also used to exacerbate the neglect of the poor in the nineteenth century. All things considered, Darwinism has had many regrettable, and sometimes actually vicious, effects on the social climate of the modern world. Modern Darwinism does not offer any guarantee of unending progress. It is understandable that so many hate Darwin and Darwinism. It is often a bitter burden to live with Darwinism and its implications. Unlike so many doctrines, religions, and ideologies, it certainly isn’t intellectual opium. No one can make a case for Darwinism based on moral hygiene.” (Rose M.R. [Professor of Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Irvine], “Darwin’s Spectre: Evolutionary Biology in the Modern World,” [1998], Princeton University Press: Princeton NJ, 2000, Third printing, p.210).

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 10:11 PM

R4L

You mean like you tried to do on Amazon? I see why you don’t like regulated forums after having all of your comments removed for violation of the TOS.

Again, according to the person looking forward to the torture of others.

Again, only if you choose to have a closed mind and remain willfully ignorant. That you seem to have mastered that.

one mutation and SHAZAM it proves evolution to gomers like you…

That is because that the beneficial mutation cited is exactly what the TOS claims would happen and has happened.

Not my fault you do not comprehend that what you rally against.

Odd considering how evolution keeps gather proof over time while religion keep falling back. The “god of the gaps” of the proper phrase I believe. And those gaps are getting fewer and smaller.

too funny!!

Your ego driving you to keep coming back and replying? Yes, it is, but predicted.

And what MS degree in computers did you have again?

Gene Splicer on January 11, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Gee, you have discovered a 19th Century man with 19th Century opinions about race. How new is that?

Pelayo on January 11, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Newer than right4life’s 17th century view of religious freedom?

Gene Splicer on January 11, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Based on that excerpt, Darwin may have believed in the inferiority of our “dusky cousins” but he would not have hated them or restricted them to the back of the bus or subjected them to Jim Crow.

Pelayo on January 11, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Darwin states a fact: “Thus the weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man.”

It may have inspired Nazism and eugenics, but it cannot be blamed on Darwin. A screenwriter or playwright cannot be blamed because some psychopath acts on the content of that movie or play.

Pelayo on January 11, 2009 at 10:48 PM

all you lame darwiniac wackos have is a ‘darwin of the gaps’

uh we don’t know now, but someday we’ll know, and evolution HAS TO BE THE ANSWER!!

your faith in your hairygod darwin is amusing, but is it worth the sore behind from bending over so much?

darwin was a RACIST…his theory IS RACIST…eugenics the gas chambers planned parenthood, murdering babies…all get their inspiration from your hellish hairygod..

I can see why pieces of trash like you love him so…

right4life on January 11, 2009 at 11:02 PM

right4life

You keep making claims about people bending over and having
a sore behind. Why are you so fixated on homosexual sex unless….

Gene Splicer on January 12, 2009 at 12:20 AM