Good news: Spider-Man teaming up with Obama

posted at 2:33 pm on January 8, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Debbie Schlussel, turns out those Obama commemorative plates aren’t, in fact, the cheapest attempt to make a buck off his inauguration.

“It was a natural after we learned the new president is a Spider-Man fan,” says Marvel editor in chief Joe Quesada about reports that Obama once collected Spider-Man comics. “We thought, ‘Fantastic! We have a comic-book geek in the White House.’”…

In the story by Zeb Wells, Todd Nauck and Frank D’Armata, Spider-Man stops the Chameleon from spoiling Obama’s swearing-in. At one point, Spider-Man says he mistook Vice President-elect Joe Biden for the Vulture (a vintage Spider-Man villain)…

Would McCain have gotten a special issue had he won?

Says Quesada: “If McCain was a Spider-Man fan, I’m sure he would.”

Heh. This from an outfit whose top writers are known for penning alternate realities where Superman is a communist, and which preferred to have Captain America fight the Patriot Act instead of Al Qaeda before summarily offing him. Check out panel four, in particular, from the photo gallery; such is Spidey’s obsequiousness that he’s practically qualified to guest-blog at the Daily Dish. Good lord, man. You’re a superhero. Get a hold of yourself.

Exit question: What other Obama-related themes should we expect from comic going forward? Krypton just recently became racially diverse, so look out for future issues in which Superman recounts how the planet’s Golden Age was ushered in by a charismatic leader named “Bar-El”…

Comments

comic book mentality

grapeknutz on January 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM

There’s always “Ziggy”…

Pasalubong on January 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Fantasyland

ToddonCapeCod on January 8, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I will never by another comic book for as long as I live.

Not worth the paper. Hmmm I guess that would be like newspapers now.

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Obama’s going to end up being more like Aquaman.

BadgerHawk on January 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Hey Allahpundit, how long does it take you to find that many relevant links to a story about comic books?

BadgerHawk on January 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Superman=DC

Spiderman=Marvel

Or ar you talking about the industry as a whole?

loudmouth883 on January 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Bar-El…now that’s funny.

loudmouth883 on January 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Evil-doers fear his mighty fist bump!

Christien on January 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM

well, as metro. as they were portraying spidey by Spiderman3, this should come as little surprise …
:-)

Buckaroo on January 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I see they’re going to push the “Obama’s a geek like Bill Gates” meme.

Barf.

Can you imagine how this would’ve been spun if Bush had claimed to read comic books?

Skywise on January 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM

“Christien on January 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM”

double HEH!

Buckaroo on January 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM

There’s always “Ziggy”…

Pasalubong on January 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM

…or Zippy.

Alden Pyle on January 8, 2009 at 2:42 PM

“Skywise on January 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM”

or, perhaps, Saracuda …
[!!]

Buckaroo on January 8, 2009 at 2:42 PM

“Making Decisions… MY ONLY WEAKNESS!”

~Bar-El

BKennedy on January 8, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Sorry, I only read Mallard Fillmore and IBD editorial cartoons.

MNDavenotPC on January 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I look forward to the compelling five-issue arc where Obama meets Gil Thorp and they lift weights.

Gymkata on January 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Cool superhero: John Henry Irons.

Vizzini on January 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Wile O. Coyote

Ronnie on January 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Making Decisions Kryptonic… MY ONLY WEAKNESS!”

~Bar-El

/FIFY

Christien on January 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM

That book in panel #4? Oran-kay.

I keed!

Cuffy Meigs on January 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I see they’re going to push the “Obama’s a geek like Bill Gates” meme.

Barf.

Skywise on January 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Good point.

Pasalubong on January 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Caption to panel 4

Two faux phalli

Entelechy on January 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Second look at J. Jonah Jameson!

aquaviva on January 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM

“We thought, ‘Fantastic! We have a comic-book geek in the White House.’”

I really hope that the comic book-loving meme was only a facet of the BHO’s “man of the people” politician’s schtick. I’d hate to think The One will actually be using the Oval Office to catch up on the doings of the X-Men.

Cicero43 on January 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Nancy and Sluggo and Barack.

whitetop on January 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Making Decisions Kryptonic…Cipher… MY ONLY WEAKNESS!”

~Bar-El

Entelechy on January 8, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Doonesbarry bandwagons in 3…2..1

Christien on January 8, 2009 at 2:50 PM

5 bucks says that if Obama is Superman, Joe Wurlzelbacher is Lex Luthor.

BKennedy on January 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Just for note:

Red Son was actually quite an interesting story.

The newer CapAm stories, not so much.

MadisonConservative on January 8, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Who knew Chris Matthews has Spidey Senses?

Christien on January 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Hey Spidey, is that a telephoto lens in your tights, or are you just happy to see me?

chriscoolc on January 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I will never by another comic book for as long as I live.

Not worth the paper. Hmmm I guess that would be like newspapers now.

And printed money….

nukemhill on January 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM

That popping sound you all just heard was my head exploding.

/long-time reader of comics

HuskerNate on January 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I can hardly wait the the Palin depiction…

right2bright on January 8, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Cicero43 on January 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Aren’t they a little…violent for his character? While they are perfectly diverse, why don’t they meet with Magneto sans preconditions? And how is this helping Michelle’s children?!

By the way, why is the Obamatoon superhero-esque, looking like Falcon without a mask? Are they really expecting people not to notice?

emailnuevo on January 8, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Next Issue: Obama throws Aunt May under the bus!

Christien on January 8, 2009 at 3:02 PM

That was an awesome comic. “Red Batman” was an anti-communist rebel whose parents were killed by Soviet troops. The comic correctly demonstrated that Communism would only succeed if driven by unstoppable might, and that might landed in Russia rather than Kansas. It also showed the American’s folly of blindly trusting immoral scientists and the danger of the “ends justify means” philosophy.

TMK on January 8, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Sorry, I only read Mallard Fillmore and IBD editorial cartoons.

MNDavenotPC on January 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Try Schlock Mercenary.

Count to 10 on January 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I can hardly wait the the Palin depiction…

right2bright on January 8, 2009 at 3:01 PM

They like drawing a lot of age lines, making her look bony and wrinkly.

Count to 10 on January 8, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Bah! DOOM does not recognize the Obama as the leader of the nation of America! Puny upstart fool! DOOM shall thwart his ridiculous “swearing in”. DOOM will crush the Spider-Man and laugh at the Obama’s cow’s choice of evening wear!

What?! DOOM did not receive his invitation to the inauguration? BAH! THIS IS ALL RICHARDS’ FAULT! RIIIICHAAAARRRRDSSSS!

Black Adam on January 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Most of the mainstream super hero comics have been inundated with liberal nonsense like most other popular entertainment types.

However, there are still quite a few comic books and graphic novels that are actually compelling and not full of liberal garbage (like Dark Knight).

I’m not much of a comic fan myself, but, my sister married some into the family. ;)

JadeNYU on January 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Will there be a Rev. Wright arch-villain?

Urban Infidel on January 8, 2009 at 3:11 PM

“We thought, ‘Fantastic! We have a comic-book geek in the White House.’”

Yeah because THAT’S what we need right now as we battle real life bad guys who wanna rule the world.

Tony737 on January 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Probably wouldn’t take much for Marvel to produce a sequel co-starring The One to this Very Special Issue of Spider-Man.

Ed Driscoll on January 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Vizzini on January 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Remember in the “Return of Superman” saga how Bill Clinton openly endorses the cyborg? I have never figured out if that piece was for or against William Jefferson Clinton.

darclon on January 8, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Try Schlock Mercenary.

Count to 10 on January 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Schlock FTW!

TheUnrepentantGeek on January 8, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Coming soon to a White House near you…Barry Obama IS The Joke…r.

kingsjester on January 8, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Another job he’s unqualified for.

smartsy on January 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I used to love comics when I was a kid, had a huge collection. From what I’ve seen in the last 30 years or so though comics have become almost as anti-American values as are Al Queda and the rest of the loonies. I do enjoy seeing the modern movies based on the comic heroes but you have to overlook a lot of lefty/socialist propaganda.

Even with all his faults(socialist type economic policies) I have to think that Bush makes a much more believable superhero in the classic sense than Barry O ever will. Bush at least had the vision to see the evil in the world and the conviction to stand by his principles through a sh*t storm of negative press from the left.

Anyway…my two cents and that’s probably more than it’s worth.

BadMojo on January 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I think I threw up in my mouth a bit.

InCali on January 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Fscking brainwashed sycophants.

spmat on January 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Can the chimp be far behind?

tarpon on January 8, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Did you see the boss fist-bump Barry and Spidey share? Oh, I think everything’s going to be just fine after January 20th, thank you very much.

Chuck Schick on January 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM

All hail to our new hero….The Barackman…LOL

rich801 on January 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Ed Driscoll on January 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Isn’t that special…

spmat on January 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Well, the Cyborg-Superman did kill about 5 million people right after receiving Clinton’s endorsement. I would say that doesn’t say much about Clinton.

Being the comic nerd I am, I read tons of DC stuff. Marvel is just full of liberal crap. So I don’t read any of their titles.

Ironically, Obama’s election reminds me of a story that once happened in Superman. Lex Luthor ran for President, and won. Even with allegations of a questionable past and bad associations, Lex was able to become President. Barack Luthor?

Vegi on January 8, 2009 at 3:39 PM

I’d have to say Green Lantern is my favorite superhero. He’s a fighter pilot as his alter ego. How more patriotic can you get?

Vegi on January 8, 2009 at 3:44 PM

My take away: Barry is not smart enough to read anything more substantial than comic books.

Vashta.Nerada on January 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Hey, comic books gave me my love of reading!

Black Adam on January 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Bar-El…now that’s funny.

loudmouth883 on January 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM

It will be right up until that actually gets published.

I was a pretty hardcore comic book geek in my yewt, and still have enough emotional attachment to certain characters to be writing about them on an ongoing basis, so I suppose most of you would probably consider me to still be pretty nerdy in that sense. I actually stopped reading print comics years ago, however, due in part to the kind of blatant political propagandizing mentioned above.

I also think, with some degree of irony, that in recent years the film adaptations of many of these characters (the Bryan Singer X-Men movies, the Chris Nolan Batman films, and pretty much all of the Bruce Timm/Glen Murakami-produced DC animation) has actually been largely superior to the source print material of the past few decades.

Cylor on January 8, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Is it just me or does The Chameleon look a lot like James Carville?

Next issue!: Spidey and Obama battle the dread “Dirty Bill”
“Spidey, look out, he’s got a cigar!”

LexisTexas2 on January 8, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Man.

Maybe it’s time for me to swear off comics too.

Went to Comic-Con last year, and there was the “Obama as Superman” special t-shirt proudly displayed, a “Comic-Con exclusive.”

Beyond liberals inserting their ideology everywhere in comic books, “the American way” is going the way of the Dodo bird. (The words literally disappeared from Superman Returns.)

Oh, by the way, this is all history repeating itself. It really is Camelot all over again.

Jonah Goldberg noted in Lberal Fascism that JFK is still the only president to have appeared in a Superman comic.

Liberals just don’t give a damn if they screw over their fans by inserting politics and ideology.

That’s why I’m done with Family Guy.

We get it, Seth McFarlane.

You really hate Bush, and McCain and Palin are Nazis.

Guess I’ll just have to stick to pre-90s if I want to be entertained by comics, and not have politics rammed down my throat.

Hawkins1701 on January 8, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Cylor on January 8, 2009 at 4:09 PM

The Bryan Singer X-Men films were ok up until the third one, when they completely destroyed the franchise, imho.

The Chris Nolan Batman films, however, are a shining glittering jewel in a sea of comic book movie fecal matter.

Comic book films have never been done better, in my opinion.

I knew The Dark Knight would be good, but even I didn’t think it could be that good.

Hawkins1701 on January 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Hawkins1701 on January 8, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Actually, come to think of it, even THAT won’t work.

I was minding my own business with my paperback compilation of the Batman “Death in the Family” story (the one where the second Robin, Jason Todd, gets killed), and out of nowhere, they take a shot at Reaganomics.

I wish liberals had to walk a day in our shoes, of trying to be entertained and get AWAY from politics.

But we already know what they’d do, don’t we?

Go whine to the government to make things “fair” again.

Hawkins1701 on January 8, 2009 at 4:30 PM

SECOND LOOK AT THE GREEN GOBLIN!

ZK on January 8, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Drudge may have jumped the shark today by promoting this idiocy. He dedicated the top left column to a giant image of ObamaSpidey.

I really can’t take 4 years of this crap.

FireBlogger on January 8, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Hawkins1701 on January 8, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Fixed: “Liberal”

(Obviously that word causes me to have issues. ;-) )

Hawkins1701 on January 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Vegi on January 8, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Vegi, I don’t suppose you might happen to be familiar with a miniseries DC published recently called Suicide Squad: Raise the Flag?

Come to think of it, are you familiar with that chick-bashing monstrosity they published in 2004 called Identity Crisis? You know, the one where Zatanna was punched in her tummy by Deathstroke, which caused her to vomit? Because whether or not those who read it noticed, that POS of a book had a blame-the victim message in it, and I once found an article from the Colorado Springs Gazette that told something that would raise my eyebrows if I were you.

You know something, pardon me if I’ve missed anything, but how come some conservatives only seem to sit up and take notice of some of the worst things to happen recently in comics when anti-Americanism is the problem? Because there’s been quite a bit of misogyny and alarming violence going on in recent comic book publishings too, and nobody seems to consider that a problem? Sorry if this is a tad superfluous, but it really annoys me that Chomskyism seems to be the only reason anyone’s going to take notice. Someday, I should tell you how a writer for the Weekly Standard and Phila. Inquirer named Jonathan Last made me angry after I caught him praising Identity Crisis superficially. The same journalist who was put off by leftism in comics didn’t even notice that Identity Crisis has some cleverly concealed chomskyism of its own.

My point? I consider anti-Americanism as maddening as the next conservative does, but I don’t think the concern should stop there, and if Identity Crisis really did have a leftist agenda inside besides the misogyny and violence, I don’t see why that’s being overlooked either.

Avi Green on January 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Skywise on January 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Put Palin in for Bush and this would be the headline:

My take away: Barry Palin is not smart enough to read anything more substantial than comic books.

Vashta.Nerada on January 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM

And you know that they would!

rmel80 on January 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Bryan Singer did not direct the third X-Men movie and had nothing to do with it, which is why it sucked as hard as it did.

Comic book films have never been done better, in my opinion.

Hawkins1701 on January 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM

On this, I could not agree more.

Cylor on January 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Hawkins1701 on January 8, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I heard about that once, that they just had to waste their time insulting Reaganomics with that one. Of course, you know what really bothers me besides that? Why did they have to kill off Jason Todd at the time (he was revived in 2005, even more pointlessly, I’m sad to say)? I know some bad steps were taken with his characterization (possibly by Max Allen Collins, who later revealed himself as a moonbat), but does that truly justify killing him off instead of taking steps to fix his characterization?

On a side note, anyone know anything about a writer named Bill Willingham, supposedly a conservative? Because after I found out what kind of negative stance he’s got towards women in his writing (he maimed Stephanie Brown/Spoiler during War Games), and after he took part in writing the crappy DCU: Decisions, where Superman takes the place of Capt. America in Civil War, and Lois Lane takes the place of Iron Man as depicted in Marvel’s monstrosity, the only conclusion I can come to is that Willingham is RINO. If you’ve ever been to Chuck Dixon’s website, one of the few conservatives who climbed the ladder successfully in comicdom, the forum’s posters don’t like Willingham there either.

Say! That reminds me: is it possible that DC editorial decided at the time to kill off Stephanie Brown, the teen vigilante named Spoiler, out of spite for Chuck Dixon’s being a conservative? There’s no way to be sure, but maybe there’s something to that suspicion.

Avi Green on January 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM

On this, I could not agree more.

Cylor on January 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I’ll second that. Those two have been the best superhero movies I’ve ever seen.

Esthier on January 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I agree with several other commenters about Red Son; it was an excellent comic despite the hyperventilating that some people did about its portrayal of Batman as a terrorist.

That said, comics writers, like most writers, are very liberal, and the comics of today (really the last 30 years or so) lack any kind of moral center.

The USA Today piece hints at why the comic companies were not anxious to place presidents in their stories; it backfired on DC with the President Kennedy story that came out after the assassination in Dallas.

Brainster on January 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Obama doesn’t know shizzle about comic books. The word “comic” would scare him off — where’s the money in that?

But this Spidey thing, with himself as a hero, and probably some campaign cash from the publisher? He’s cool with that.

Nichevo on January 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM

This is mostly why I’ve been trying out some anime productions nowadays, some of which are more respectable to conservatism than US comics are. If you ever watched Super Dimension Fortress Macross at the time it was broadcast under the Robotech umbrella, the cousin of Minmay Lynn whose name was Kyle in the Robotech adaptation, was depicted in a fairly negative light as an anti-warrist. He couldn’t even bring himself to thank Hikaru Ichijyo (Rick Hunter) after he rescued him and Minmay from a renegade gang of Zentradi who hijacked a size-device as they planned to launch another attack, and chose to blame the Earth forces for acting in neglect of his safety. There are anime productions that can be leftist, I’m sure, but ones like Macross produced at the time of the Cold War seem more respectable of conservative stands than most stateside cartoons are.

By the way, did you know it was the mecha cartoons from Japan that inspired the Transformers in the US? As I can see from watching some of these items, it’s clear that Hasbro must have gotten the idea from Japan’s products for starters.

Avi Green on January 8, 2009 at 5:39 PM

That’s not true. Ronald Reagan has appeared.
Bill Clinton has appeared, albeit he appeared in the comic giving his endorsement to a Superman villain who would go on to kill millions of people.
I don’t believe George Bush Sr or Jr have appeared.

But from what I recall Reagan got decent treatment.

Vegi on January 8, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I don’t suppose anyone might want to make the case of if it’s possible for a prominent conservative to buy the rights to the publishing arms of DC and Marvel comics, and then take to fixing them as best as possible? I’d sure like to see them being bought by people who really cared.

Avi Green on January 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Avi,

Where did you hear that Bill Willingham is a conservative? I’m familiar with his older work but I stopped buying comics about 10 years ago so I haven’t read his more recent stuff. I loved Willingham’s Elementals but I have a hard time seeing him as a conservative considering that he also wrote Ironwood, an X-rated sword & sorcery series. I remember him saying he included the graphic sex scenes because his publisher, Eros Comix, required him to but it seems to me as if he could have found another publisher if he’d wanted to.

Rip Ford on January 8, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Avi Green on January 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Sorry, but I’d really rather both conservatives and liberals keep their damned opinions out of my comics.

SouthernDem on January 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Rip Ford on January 8, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Either DC themselves may have claimed it, or, it was on Chuck Dixon’s site forum that I read it. But frankly, if he was going to take part in such a foolhardy miniseries as DCU: Decisions, then I’m going to have to question his conservative credentials. Chuck Dixon isn’t perfect, but as a conservative, he’s usually impressed me a lot more than Willingham ever will.

Avi Green on January 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Here’s another place where I certainly read the claim that Willingham was “conservative”, in the leftist American Prospect magazine, in a very disgusting moonbat article they wrote. But you know what? Now that I think about it, maybe what the magazine may have said about Willingham wasn’t true?

Avi Green on January 8, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Or perhaps they were projecting. I haven’t read Fables, which American Prospect called conservative, but this interview with Willingham indicates that he didn’t intend any political message with the series. Willingham is pro-Israel, which apparently comes up with one of the characters in the series, plus apparently Snow White promises to “love, honor, and obey” in her wedding vows, as a way of showing how traditional the character is, which I could see some people, particularly moonbats, taking as proof that Willingham is a conservative.

Rip Ford on January 8, 2009 at 8:09 PM

As a long time comic fan this breaks my heart.

I heart John Romita Jr in conservative so I guess him and Willingham make 2…

Ampersand on January 8, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Second look at J. Jonah Jameson!

aquaviva on January 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM

SAME HERE! I MORE SUPPORT HIM THEN THAT WEB CRAWLING MANIAC AND HIS SKIN CRAWLING PAL DA ARAB ONE!

BobAnthony on January 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Brainster on January 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM

I love everything about the trilogy but the stupid utopian “Lutherism” ending. That’s the problem with comics; even when someone manages to write a decent script, some liberal jerk editor screws it up.

SouthernDem on January 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Liberals foul-up comics because what little reality is in them naturally skews heroes toward bravery and sacrifice, instead of liberal equivocations and selfish cowardice. Nothing smudges a liberal’s mascara like the normal definitions of heroes and villians.

TMK on January 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Avi Green on January 8, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Interesting analysis of the original Macross. Japanese politics are different enough from ours in many respects to make direct correlations difficult, but there are certainly such examples to be found if you look hard enough.

Of course there’s as much stupidity in the anime industry as there is in any other entertainment field. But from the sound of your tastes, I think you’d find the series Cowboy Bebop interesting and entertaining on many levels. One of the early episodes involves a completely and obviously insane group of eco-terrorists, with a pretty hilarious resolution.

Cylor on January 8, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Nichevo on January 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Spiderman (or, more formally, Spider Man) was probably an official financial supporter of Team Obama, along with Mickey Mouse.

ddrintn on January 9, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Ummm…Marvel (which produces Spiderman) wasn’t the outfit that had an alternate Superman who was a communist. That would be DC. You know, that whole thing about DC owning Superman and not Marvel…

In any case, Marvel usually uses Spiderman for cultural crossovers in the real world. Heck, he even met the origenal ‘Not ready for Prime Time Players” of SNL back in the day.

wolfva on January 9, 2009 at 6:03 AM