Video: Palin hits back at the media; Update: Ziegler: Palin is exactly who you think

posted at 9:15 pm on January 7, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

John Ziegler conducted a series of interviews with Governor Sarah Palin about the treatment she received from the media, including the blogosphere, which he will use in an upcoming documentary. He’s put together a few good excerpts in a lengthy YouTube presentation, in which Palin starts off by taking on the biggest smear of the campaign:

Why would Palin want to go through all of this again? She says this country has a “great need for reform,” and she still wants to provide it. Perhaps, she says, people would pay more attention to her record rather than the lunatics who still pressure her to give them proof positive that she actually gave birth to her youngest son, Trig.  Palin has a few choice words for the strategists in the campaign, and for the media hypocrites who put her and her family through the wringer while anointing Obama.

If we’d seen more of this Palin on the campaign trail … well, we still would have lost, in all likelihood, as VP candidates simply can’t rescue running mates.  However, Palin seems determined not to let 2008 be the last word for her on the national stage.

Update: John Ziegler writes about his experiences meeting with Sarah Palin:

One of the things you quickly learn when you visit the Palins is that the legend that has been created around who they are and how they live is no myth. It appears to be absolutely real and everything about them seems 100% sincere. From the stuffed hunting trophies on the wall, to the Track’s military photo by the TV set, to Piper’s crayon school projects on the kitchen cabinets, everything is exactly as you imagine it might be.

What was particularly valuable about the perspective I had was that, I am not Charlie Gibson, Matt Lauer or Greta Van Susteren (who I understand now gets her mail delivered to the Palin home); the conductors of the three most prominent interviews done in the Wasilla house on the frozen lake at the end of the drive that has the sign “Palins” posted on a tree at the entrance. Unlike them, I am virtually unknown nationally and there was absolutely no reason for anything to be done differently as a “show” for us. We saw the genuine Sarah Palin and it is patently obvious that this is the only one that exists. She is the real deal.

As a former TV sportscaster and radio talk show host, I have interviewed a lot big-time “celebrities,” and I can honestly say that, even though you could argue that Sarah Palin was the most prominent I have ever spoken to one-on-one, she was also by far the nicest, most sincere and, seemingly, honest subject that I have ever questioned.

Be sure to read the whole column, especially for Palin’s assessment of Keith Olbermann.  Keep an eye out for John’s upcoming documentary, Media Malpractice.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

I’m not a far right, and I disagree with Sarah Palin on a number of issues.

But I do believe – though I have never been very political – that I will devote the rest of my life to promoting and supporting her (as long as she is in the political arena), because

(1) she appears honest and sincere and
(2) she believes in small government.

Show me somebody better.

Alana on January 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM

the way she was raised
oops.

kingsjester on January 8, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Ziegler: Palin is exactly who you think

Someone who is treated as if she were a saint by some here, but really not as perfect as believed? The Left has its idol, and so does the right.

The picture and the caption says it all- just remove the “www.” and the “.com” and add only spaces between words. Of course, you could make it look less like that she was the reason Obama did get elected.

sethstorm on January 8, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Some of you folks treat Palin with the same goofy hero worship and unwavering support of the Obamatrons you love to lampoon

But we’re not as bad as the Ron Paul/Bob Barr supporters.

katiejane on January 8, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Have I said I will never forgive the left for what they did? Yes but I will say it again. I will never forgive of forget what they did to the governor.

Me neither, Rob. I’m simply not the same person I was before this. (And add Joe the Plumber to that.)

Alana on January 8, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Alana on January 8, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Exactly.

Ryan Gandy on January 8, 2009 at 5:58 PM

The constant referring to her by her first name, as if she’s our friend is really kind of embarrassing.

dakine on January 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Actually, she likes being called “Sarah.” She encourages people to call her “Sarah.” That’s her style. People in Alaska call her “Sarah” — even some of the press. In one of those turkey pardon videos, you can hear a press person calling out good naturedly, “Come on, Sarah,” when she recoiled from touching the crud-covered turkey she was about to pardon.

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM

And y’know, I never really considered myself that much of a jackass before the election started, but every loony leftist I see is going to get what I saw them give out over the past 8 years right back.

Ryan Gandy on January 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Which is why the Obama campaign launched a vicious attack on her personally, because she was “no threat”?
This from a guy who thinks there is a President of Canada, 57 states? Who did not understand when Russia invaded Georgia?
This is a woman who worked with international countries, what international experience did Obama have?
The Prime Minister of Canada (note a prime minister, not a president as Obama thinks) stated that she was intelligent, capable negotiator…and Obama negotiated with what country?

right2bright on January 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

She wonders why her family isn’t off limits and then they sell the baby pictures to People for $300,000. How can you have it both ways?

She is upset that there was a rumor about her birthing her son, but she doesn’t counter that there was an untrue rumor about Obama that never went away.

She hasn’t seen the Katie Couric interview, but she read that Tina Fey was entertainer of the year. I guess she is reading the gossip sites but not the main-stream media.

What does she read? Local papers and USA Today. Oh yeah, and the NY Times. She kills me. All the great thinkers are reading USA Today. Brilliant.

The whole reason she has looked bad is because of bad decisions the McCain campaign made. She doesn’t take any responsibility for the way she came across.

She didn’t like the line from Tina Fey, but she would have gone on the show anyway. Of course she would have. She is/was a celebrity-hound. She’s hungry for this. Really, really hungry for this fame.

So she didn’t get elected because of sexism and classism. I’m a woman from her class. Maybe it’s because people don’t trust/like her.

Of course, she would do it again. Like I said before, she is really hungry for this.

Again, how can she keep comdemning the mainstream media and yet sell stories to People. It just doesn’t make sense.

Sally S on January 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM

(1) she appears honest and sincere and
(2) she believes in small government.

Show me somebody better.

Alana on January 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Sometimes the simplest statements carry the most truth…show us someone better. With better values, better family, better handle on what is important, and better leadership.

right2bright on January 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Sally S on January 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Wow… I guess that this is Poptech’s new “avatar.”

Illinidiva on January 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM

She helped Obama get elected because of what the media managed to turn her into, not because of who she really is. If you go to the website you’ll see that a vast majority of people who voted for Obama knew here daughter was pregnant, but not who controlled Congress. They thought she said she could see Alaska from her porch, when only Tina Fey said that. The public image of Sarah is not Sarah. The public image was designed by the media, aka “The One’s Campaign Staff,” to make her look stupid.

McCain is also HUGELY to blame for the loss. He failed to articulate his tax breaks to the 50% of people that actually pay federal income tax, and certainly failed to repeat it 90,000 times as Obama did. Then he voted for the bailout, oops “rescue”, and therefore failed to distinguish himself from any other Democrat.

I believe a huge portion of Obama voters were undecideds that saw no difference policy wise (both by McCain’s and the media’s failure to show them) and decided to make history . . .

PastorJon on January 8, 2009 at 6:09 PM

dakine on January 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM

BTW, refering to Governor Palin as “Sarah” is a sign of the affection conservatives feel for her. It’s like the way Californian conservatives like myself refer to ourselves as “Friends of Ronnie.” We also call Palin the Saracuda or the ‘Cuda for short — in much the same way that we called Reagan the Gipper. I don’t see anything unhealthy in this.

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM

I would still think she’s hot, though. LOL

ddrintn on January 8, 2009 at 5:20 PM

finally, some truth. face it, if Palin was butch like Hillary she wouldn’t be nearly as popular. Middle-aged pervs like Limbaugh just wanna ogle the “naughty librarian” for 4 years. you guys are no better than the hipsters who chose Barry over Hillary just because they wanted a cool black prez….

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Sally S on January 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM
Wow… I guess that this is Poptech’s new “avatar.”

Illinidiva on January 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM

For sure and obviously NOT in the same class as Palin.

littleguy on January 8, 2009 at 6:13 PM

The soft turnout for McCain was, in part, a surrender – the electorate threw up its hands and gave the media/cultural elite what it wanted, because it was just too damn hard to fight them any more,

You are so right about that! About two years ago, I began to long for Bush to leave office, just so I wouldn’t have to listen to all the constant hate anymore.

(Course, back then, I thought that would mean the hate would end when he left; now I know better.)

Also, Doctor Zero, let’s face it – this election WAS different, because just a whole lot of people wanted a black man as president – including me. This was an option we never had before.

Of course, once I figured out what that black man stood for, I changed my mind right quick. Many others never did figure out what he stood for, though.

That is a sort of a one-free-pass forever thing. We will never again be so anxious to get a black president, just because we never had one before. But let’s not discount how important it was this go-round.

Alana on January 8, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Middle-aged pervs like Limbaugh….

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Straight guys are perverts because they are attracted to a good-looking, intelligent woman?

Ummm…you might want to work on your I.Q. I recommend classical music putting your head in a microwave.
__________

RJGatorEsq. on January 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM

… We call her Sarah because unlike Elite politicians, she does not seem to put on airs. When she speaks, she seems to be speaking to people, not down to people. She gives the impression of a normal American working wife with all the problems and situations that face average Americans. She has been up front about her faith and the way she raised. It has been very refreshing. …. That is why we call her Sarah.

kingsjester on January 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM

You are right on.

She talks to me, not down to me like the Messiah with all his promises that I know he couldn’t possibly keep. Or that pompous ass Al Gore or that wind-surfing Kerry. She’s the only politician I’ve encountered who I am convinced cares for people and not just ones who like her.

But Sarah says she will fight to make government work for us not for herself. And I believe sincerely she would try to.

Is it so much to ask for a leader who you can actually like too?

I still cannot understand why anybody could hate this woman. I think it is because I was raised as an American, and as a Christian, and to be open and honest with people.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 6:20 PM

(1) she appears honest and sincere and
(2) she believes in small government.

Show me somebody better.

Alana on January 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM

My feelings exactly. Warm, honest, sincere and for small government.

So few words but so hitting the target.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 6:21 PM

RJGatorEsq. on January 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM

No, because your brain isn’t doing the thinking here……

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:22 PM

No, because your brain isn’t doing the thinking here……

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:22 PM

And you haven’t responded to my questions. Lack of some testicular fortitude?

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Sally S on January 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I guess walking a mile in Sarah’s nice high heels, and you wouldn’t have to say anything. WOuld you. Think about it before you start mouthing off. You may come to realize Sarah is doing well… under the pressure.

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM

No, because your brain isn’t doing the thinking here……

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:22 PM

__________

RJGatorEsq. on January 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Actually, you sound like you already stuck your head in the microwave.

For what it is worth, Sarah Palin seems bright, funny, sincere, tough, Christian, and yes, inordinately good-looking. I am trying to find something not to like. Nope. Nothing.
__________

RJGatorEsq. on January 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM

And you haven’t responded to my questions. Lack of some testicular fortitude?

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:26 PM

in regards to what?

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:29 PM

in regards to what?

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Why don’t you go and check the last page. You seem to be on a holy then thou crusade. Might wanna keep up in this department.

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 6:20 PM

As a Christian you have to learn to think like Obama, the MSM, and the nutroots regarding their attempts to destroy Sarah. I’m sorry to disillusion you, but these folks don’t play by the same rules that you have been brought up to observe. As I mentioned earlier presumptuous behavior, absurdity and tactless actions are part and parcel of their MO. This is who they are and we as Sarah supporters must be prepared to deal with them on those terms.

technopeasant on January 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Plain and simple! Sarah Palin is the future of the Republican Party. I knew it the moment she spoke in Dayton. I pray that she will decide to run in 2012. Our new president has no clue as to what it takes to run this country. Compare and contrast Sarah to Obama. Sarah understands Freedom is what makes this country what it is. Obama thinks it is him. It’s so difficult to listen to him. He can’t string more than three words together without uhs, uhms, ahs, etc. He’s never had a real job. He survived by getting people to give him money. He doesn’t know how to work. Carolyn Kennedy’s never really had a job either. She has never had to work. There’s always the family money to sustain her. Her vocabulary isn’t even as diverse as Obama’s. “You know” is her staple. Good grief! Has the world gone mad? Mediocrity is celebrated and excellence and accomplishment is castigated. If Carolyn Kennedy gets to be the new Senator from NY, then lack of experience for Sarah Palin is certainly off the table. Sarah Palin is ready now. I wish she were there instead of Obama. I would trust her with any decision that she had to make. Obama is not trustworthy and hates America. It’s so simple. Even a Democrat can figure it out.

BetseyRoss on January 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Wrong, very wrong. Truth be told, I’ve always thought Hillary is a fairly attractive woman. Nancy Pelosi is, too. I can’t stand the politics of either.

ddrintn on January 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Sally S on January 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Uh, no. People magazine denied that story. No one in her family was selling any photos. You’re recycling discredited stories.

The story about Tina Fey was that the Associated Press named her entertainer of the year. The Associated Press — as in the news agency that provides coverage for most of the major newspapers in this country including the NY Times, etc. Palin doesn’t have to read “Us Weekly” to find out about that story. It was a regular AP news item.

She “took responsibility” for being flippant in her answer to Couric because she was annoyed by the question. Do you think that she needs to “take responsibility” for the lunatic bloggers who keep insisting that Trig isn’t her son?

What does she have to do with the Birth Certificate Truthers? And the two smears are hardly comparable. The Trig Truthers were being sustained by a reputable magazine like The Atlantic. No reputable publication indulged in the Birth Certificate thing.

Yeah, right. That’s why she’s turned down over 300 interview requests from every major media outlet both nationally and internationally.

Again, this is a lie. She’s never sold anything to People magazine. And if agreeing to be interviewed is a sign of evil intent, then every politician, celebrity, scholar, author, and ordinary shmoe who ends up in print is “evil.”

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 6:36 PM

__________

RJGatorEsq. on January 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM

no mention of “qualified to be president” there. she lacks intellectual acuity, certainly from what I’ve seen of her. unless you think that sports journalism degree from Idaho U. gives her some stealth constitutional/government knowledge sufficient for the office of the POTUS…

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:36 PM

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM

no thanks, try saying something interesting…

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Not only does Obama hate America, his wife also hates America and both of them want to dismantle the Constitution that has served America well for 220 years. Americans cannot allow this to happen. Support Rush, Sean and Mark Levin in their efforts to defy Obama and reclaim America and above all support Sarah if she decides to go for the brass ring in 2012. We need Sarah and Sarah needs us.

technopeasant on January 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Mayor and Gov of the biggest State in the Union with a surplud budget doesn’t prove anything Nonya? Hmmm how about them questions I asked. Are are you going to dodge that as well… because you are a LIBERAL and YOU DON’T HAVE TO ANSWER! WAAAAAA

When you grow up, then you can come play with the adults… until you have been trolling for sypathy. And I have no remorse for someone who can’t even respect themselves. Get Out!

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM

no thanks, try saying something interesting…

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I have… you are just stupid to think of an answer.

Troll.

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM

BetseyRoss on January 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM

So do I! Sadly I think she’ll fare as well as Dan Quayle did in 2000 and flame out before Iowa. But if she’s the future of the GOP then the party truly deserves it’s fate…

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Well.. when you liberals stop complaining about equality and get off their asses and start doing something, then maybe you can talk about Fate. It is what you make of it.

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM

… because you are a LIBERAL and YOU DON’T HAVE TO ANSWER! WAAAAAA

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM

OK, go to the corner you need a time-out!

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM

OK, go to the corner you need a time-out!

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Nope. You wanna play games when I asked you DIRECT questions that were not that hard to answer. You can kiss my butt and shove a foot in your mouth!

Don’t be a whiney little turd… grow some gumpsion and answer questions like a TRUE adult!

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Sally S on January 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM

another uneducated voter

repeating the People baby picture story

wow

joey24007 on January 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM

No, that’s not what you wish. The whole point of the slime job since she was announced as VP candidate is FEAR. ;)

ddrintn on January 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I specifically said she was “bright.” Read much?

In any case, you called Rush Limbuagh a “perv”–your words, not mine–because he is a heterosexual male who finds Sarah Palin attractive. Care to back that absurd assertion up?

Because if you are going to label as a “perv” a hetero male who finds a bright, funny, sincere, tough, Christian, and inordinately good-looking woman attractive, I guess that makes me a perv.

Which sort of begs the question–what are you?
__________

RJGatorEsq. on January 8, 2009 at 6:45 PM

ddrintn on January 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I can’t stand Hillary’s politics, but when she almost cried on TV during the primaries, I was attracted to her. I wanted to hug her, pick her up, and carry her away from the meanness of the media.

(and of course persuade her to read Russell Kirk’s “The Conservative Mind” as I tell her how she should leave Bill).

Sorry, but I was raised to cherish women and protect them.

Sarah will be pretty even at age 50 and beyond. That beauty of the inside never gets old. Never.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Anyway, we’re closing in on 500 posts in this Palin thread as well. I wonder if Quayle would’ve gotten that sort of reaction from either side in 1993?

ddrintn on January 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Guys like you are princes.

We gals appreciate you. ;)

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM

yep they are.

But right now I am just looking for a guy to out fish me. LOL dating and such aside. I am kind of tired of dating right now.

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Noneya on January 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Good God man, don’t you ever tire of hate-mongering?

littleguy on January 8, 2009 at 6:58 PM

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I like Coulter’s advice here. It’s pretty much what I think too. I would add another term as governor and a Senate run in 2014 if she really feels like she needs some Senate experience. I don’t think it’s necessary (and in fact, don’t really think it would be a good move), but I think a run in 2014 is much better than a run for Senate in 2010.

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 7:05 PM

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Nice rebuttal of every single point. Unfortunately, I’d still bet the entire contents of my pocket (currently one Papa Murphy’s coupon) that Sally’s entire post will appear again, word for word, in the next Palin topic.

Snowed In on January 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Ziegler had a radio show out of LA on KFI-640. It was intense. This guy is very bright, analytical and motivated. We will be hearing more from him, and that is good.

Geochelone on January 8, 2009 at 7:09 PM

She has every right to feel aggrieved over the Trigg stories but Obama faced similar BS with his religion and citizenship. I saw an interview with her today where she blamed her handlers for her poor showing in the Couric interview. She performed badly there… not her handlers, and not the media. She is struggling to create a new myth about the media being responsible for her poll negatives.

lexhamfox on January 8, 2009 at 7:24 PM

dakine

look back into American political history; sometimes using someone’s first name or a nickname is more about how much people feel connected to them.
JEB Bush is still very popular in Florida, and look back to “I like Ike” in the 50′s.

Red State State of Mind on January 8, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Sally S on January 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM

/sigh

Red State State of Mind on January 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM

He didn’t really light into anyone on air. He said he gave a reporter from the ADN that called pushing Trig Trutherism a piece of his mind. It’s via this guy again. Mr. Heath is on at basically the very end of the Jan. 6th show at around the 2:40 mark. The host lights into Fagan about Levi at about the 2:15 mark. He talked about that a little on the Jan. 7th show too.

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Burke is pretty decent. He isn’t a Palin follower BUT he is NOT impressed with the BS going on. He actually went to the Anti-Palin-Female Rally here in Anchroage and almost go FIRED because he said they were wacked out and gave a phone number out on air of a woman who had been sending out leaflets saying that she was against Palin and making a group.

upinak on January 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM

That Eddie Burke show from 1/6/09 was really interesting. Is it true what he said about Dan Fagan getting fired from KTUU after tearing up a hotel room in Juneau?

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM

*****

I want to add that I think highly of Iron Maggie (another first name that’s a mark of affection).

INC on January 8, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I do like the discussions when they boil down to an argument on whether or not the media is biased. I read the comments that justify and dismiss the notion and note the blogger. That allows me the luxury of just dismissing anything they post as nonsense.

hawkdriver on January 8, 2009 at 8:16 PM

What a whiner. What do conservatives do when they lose? Blame the media.

B26354 on January 8, 2009 at 8:55 PM

What a whiner. What do conservatives do when they lose? Blame the media.

B26354 on January 8, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Be a whiner. Do what liberals do when they fail anything in life. Blame a Conservative.

hawkdriver on January 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM

hawkdriver on January 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM

+ 1 Hahahaha. That was awesome. Bumperstickers on the way.

hockey2k5 on January 8, 2009 at 9:14 PM

+ 1 Hahahaha. That was awesome. Bumperstickers on the way.

hockey2k5 on January 8, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Great site!

hawkdriver on January 8, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Geochelone on January 8, 2009 at 7:09 PM

I heard he once worked at 84 WHAS in Louisville. Is that true?

BobAnthony on January 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM

hawkdriver on January 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Or just blame the electorate. That’s what liberals also like to do. When conservatives lose they look inward and see how they failed to live up to their ideals:

“The Republican ticket represented too much of the status quo, too much of what had gone on in these last eight years, that Americans were kind of shaking their heads like going, wait a minute, how did we run up a $10 trillion debt in a Republican administration? How have there been blunders with war strategy under a Republican administration? If we’re talking change, we want to get far away from what it was that the present administration represented and that is to a great degree what the Republican Party at the time had been representing,” Palin said in a story published Sunday.

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Statement released by Palin’s office on the media coverage of the interview. I’m glad that she’s sticking up for herself and calling them out (Allah she names The Atlantic as a Trig Troofer in the statement), but I hope that this ends it. She needs to start focusing on the issues in her interviews, and I think that she should be careful about how much attention she gives the Troofers. Attention only makes them feel justified. If I was guessing, I’d say that the recent questions that she’s (and her dad, apparently) gotten from the ADN on Trig Trutherism prompted her to include it in the statement.

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Read the statement from her website. I never trust the ADN to print the entire statement.

I think it’s great. The ‘Cuda is fighting back. She’s not going to take it. That’s good. Now watch as some MSM a$$holes will say that this is “demeaning” — in other words, they don’t want her to fight their smears. She should ignore them. She has nothing to be ashamed of. They do.

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM

BTW, I was intrigued by this:

Particularly troubling was a post on Politico.com titled, “Palin: Media Goes Easy on Kennedy.” The headline inflames the governor’s quote in the transcript, in which she answered a question about media treatment of the prospect that Caroline Kennedy would be appointed to the U.S. Senate: “It’s going to be interesting to see how that plays out and I think that as we watch that we will perhaps be able to prove that there is a class issue here also that was such a factor in the scrutiny of my candidacy versus, say, the scrutiny of what her candidacy may be.”

“I was not commenting at all on Caroline Kennedy as a prospective U.S. senator, but rather on the seemingly arbitrary ways in which news organizations determine the level and kind of scrutiny given to those who aspire to public office,” Gov. Palin said today. “In fact, I consider Ms. Kennedy qualified and experienced, and she could serve New York well.” [emphasis added]

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM

The ‘Cuda endorsed Caroline?

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Statement released by Palin’s office on the media coverage of the interview.

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Huh – that article says the ADN editor was going to address the Trig Truther stuff on his blog, but he hasn’t as of the time I’m writing this.

The ADN is pushing Trig Trutherism now? I can hardly stomach visiting that site anymore – the slant of the articles and the vitriol of the comments enrages me. For similar reasons I can’t even read articles about Sarah Palin at Politico or any other mainstream news site.

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 10:31 PM

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Yeah, that part seemed unnecessary to the statement (not that I’m opposed to her including it if that’s how she feels). Maybe she just wants to make sure she’s not criticizing other women?

I’ve been going back and forth on the interview itself. I like that she’s sticking up for herself and not taking any crap(conservatives don’t do that enough) and I liked the interview itself, but I don’t want her to get bogged down in a back and forth with the media. I want to see her get some coverage on her policies; maybe CPAC will help with that.

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 10:39 PM

ramrocks, thanks for the link to the governor’s site. I was intrigued by the Reagan line used there about the media:

Governor Says “There You Go Again”

INC on January 8, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Yeah, that part seemed unnecessary to the statement…
meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 10:39 PM

That should read: “Yeah, that part about/in support of Caroline seemed unnecessary to the statement… ”

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Yep, there’s a Truther on the ADN staff. Check my post from 4:45pm for the link. Ziegler mentioned it too in his write up about the interview (I’m not sure if he named the ADN, but that’s who he was talking about).

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I also read with great interest at her site the list of diplomats who were there for the Alaska statehood anniversary.

It was a huge list.

Here’s a photo of:

Governor Sarah Palin meets with Mr. Sergey Kislyak, newly appointed Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the United States, on his first visit to Alaska. Ambassador Kislyak is part of a large group of foreign dignitaries on hand for weekend celebrations marking Alaska’s 50th anniversary of statehood.

INC on January 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM

The ‘Cuda endorsed Caroline?

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Maybe I’m an optimist, but I read that as more grace than endorsement. You know, Obama “could” serve the U.S. well. She was also complimentary of Clinton during the campaign, and I think that was part strategy and part a desire to see a woman succeed in a high office.

Incidentally, that’s one thing that concerns me about Palin. I hope she doesn’t overdo the identity politics of being “the first woman president/candidate” if it comes to that.

cs89 on January 8, 2009 at 10:46 PM

INC on January 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM

More stuff like this could help out with that “foreign policy” deficit people are worried about.

cs89 on January 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM

cs89 on January 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM

That’s what I thought. The list was incredible.

In addition to Ambassador Kislyak, foreign dignitaries include Yuri Gerasin, Consul General of the Russian Federation; Julian Evans, British Consul General; John Mataira, Consul General of New Zealand; Balazs Bokor, Consul General of Hungary; Sten Arne Rosnes, Consul General of Norway; Haryong Lee, Consul General of Korea; Fred Santos, Consul of The Philippines; Mel Knight, Alberta’s Minister of Energy; Marvin Schneider, Alberta’s Executive Director of the U.S. and Americas; and Haijun Wang, Deputy Director General of the Foreign Affairs Office of China’s Heilongjiang Province. Mr. Wang is leading a four-person delegation from Heilongjiang Province, a sister province to Alaska, and China’s northernmost region.

Members of the Alaska consular corps will also be participating in the weekend events. Among them: Karen Matthias, of Canada; Hideo Fujita, of Japan; Hee-chul Kim, of South Korea; and Jose Luis Cuevas, of Mexico. They will be joined by honorary consuls of the Czech Republic, Poland, Finland, Seychelles, and Norway.

INC on January 8, 2009 at 10:55 PM

cs89 on January 8, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Hillary avoided it too much until the end. She was also hamstrung by her husband’s administration and accomplishments. Of course, she is a Clinton, too. In the end, that’s what did her in, ignoring her weaknesses and not capitalizing on her strengths until too late.

chunderroad on January 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM

INC on January 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM
cs89 on January 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM
meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Here’s a video of the speech she gave before all of these diplomats. She made a joke about the proximity of Alaska to Russia when she greeted the Russian trade delegation. It’s at 2:48 into the video clip. The audience loved it.

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 11:13 PM

BTW, O’Reilly and Greta are all over this interview. O’Reilly had some “conservative” woman that I’ve never heard of named Danielle Crittenden who just loathes Palin. Her argument was a case study in elitist contempt.

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 11:19 PM

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I missed both of those, but got the gist on O’Reilly from joey’s site. I like what Coulter, Santorum, and Ingraham have had to say about her future and their advice to her. I hope she listens to them.

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 11:27 PM

You know I think poptec does re-sign on as noneya who I picture as a fat, birkenstock and flowered long skirt wearing lesbian bitter and angry with women she would never stand a chance of getting…or Pat that thing no one knew what sex it was…

CCRWM on January 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Palin – Tebow 2012!

joey24007 on January 8, 2009 at 11:53 PM

“Conservative author” who trashed Palin on O’reilly factor is a contributor to Huffington Post:

joey24007 on January 9, 2009 at 12:03 AM

joey24007 on January 9, 2009 at 12:03 AM

*yawn* Who watches O’Reilly anyway? What an egotistical blowhard.

ddrintn on January 9, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Yeah, that’s Frum’s wife. Neocon. Frum has slammed Palin as well.

Jim62sch on January 9, 2009 at 12:17 AM

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Yes, it is. He was there for the Legislature of Alaska, doing some type of broadcast or something. He got drunk and trashed the room. The guy is a complete slob. If you met him in person he would gross you out. He also like to hit on anything with two legs as long as you are 5’3, 110 lbs large breasted and no butt. Typical fat ass looking for miss perfect!

upinak on January 9, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Jim62sch on January 9, 2009 at 12:17 AM

The editor’s response to Palin’s release is up in his blog now. I think the fact that Palin’s dad mentioned just two days ago that he had gotten calls from the Trig Truther reporter kind of undermines the editor’s assertion that the story was dropped. Of course, maybe it has been and Mr. Heath was just still steamed about a call from several weeks before. Either way, I sort of cringed that she had brought it up in the release because you know that the Troofers will take this and use it as justification for their insanity.

meltenn on January 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM

joey, just curious. Do you ever comment on non-Palin threads? Sorry, I mean non-Sarah threads.

dakine on January 9, 2009 at 12:33 AM

dakine on January 9, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Yes I commented on the Obama economic crisis thread, the Pat Buchanan thread, the Obama – Hamas thread, and the Cheney thread

and for asking such a pointless question I suggest you follow the same advice Cheney gave Leahy

joey24007 on January 9, 2009 at 12:39 AM

meltenn on January 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM

They admit to dragging out a discredited bit of nonsense by running another story on it. They obviously got no new information and were shamed into dropping it. And now they are whining about being shamed into dropping it.

Think about it. They wanted to run with a story that no sane person believed. They called Mr. Heath and he chewed them out for keeping this offensive sensationalism going. They realized that they had nothing new to offer, and after receiving a strongly worded email from the governor herself, they backed away from the story and said they weren’t going to run with it (all the way claiming that they were doing it for her own good to clear her record). Mendacious a$$holes. That’s what I call them.

ramrocks on January 9, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Yes, it is. He was there for the Legislature of Alaska, doing some type of broadcast or something. He got drunk and trashed the room. The guy is a complete slob. If you met him in person he would gross you out. He also like to hit on anything with two legs as long as you are 5′3, 110 lbs large breasted and no butt. Typical fat ass looking for miss perfect!

upinak on January 9, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Was this covered in the papers? Do you have a link to the story? I’d love to add it to the PDS files for the next time this scumbag pops up. We’ll file him in alpha-order before Halcro and Stein and after Carney.

ramrocks on January 9, 2009 at 1:22 AM

ramrocks on January 9, 2009 at 1:19 AM

The jerkoff editor even admitted that they were calling the school district and the hospital. WTF?

I take consolation in the fact that McClatchy is dying, and hopefully the Anchorage Daily Biased Rag dies with it.

Jim62sch on January 9, 2009 at 1:23 AM

ramrocks on January 9, 2009 at 1:22 AM

No, I heard it from a friend of mine who was a intern for Channel 2 KTUU. But he was also let go due to sexual advances. When you are fired or let go they don’t talk about it.

upinak on January 9, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Palin = gorgeous……Thanks for continuing to update stuff
on her. Can’t get enough of this classy lady. Made my week.

dec5 on January 9, 2009 at 2:54 AM

There are many reasons I support this lady but one of the main ones is that she refuses to openly criticize McCain or condemn his staff for the failure of the campaign. This is a quality that is rare in modern politics; someone who fails to gain the brass ring but still summons up the grace to not engage in backstabbing or retribution. I believe with Sarah-what you see is what you’re going to get. As Rush Limbaugh would say: “She knows who she is.” With Obama what you learned about Obama when he was 25 or 35 or 45 is what you’re going to get: Ayres, Olinsky, Khalidi, Odinga, Rezko and Wright: a transformed America rooted in a Marxist agenda and a totalitarian mentality that spawns Goebbels-like propaganda on a 24/7 basis and has as its main goal the dismantling of the Constitution.

technopeasant on January 9, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Have you noticed that multiple groups have sprung up to support Sarah’s candidacy in 2012. Why do you think this is so?

Well, because conservatives realize that they got Obama by allowing the message of conservatism to be diluted by moderate Republicans like McCain but even more telling they allowed their votes in the primaries to be splintered among several candidates allowing McCain to come up the middle. The latter is what the Democrats are counting on again in 2012.

But we conservatives have one thing going for us unlike the drones who fawn over Obama and want him to pay their car loan or their mortgage-we have a God-given brain that we are going to use to see to it that we do everything within our power to defeat Obama in 2012, and I mean everything including mobilizing the political troops early and getting on the Sarah Palin bandwagon so as to openly declare early in the game who the GOP standard-bearer will be in 2012. We refuse to make the same mistake twice. Doing the same thing and expecting a different result leads to insanity. Conservatives have been called many things but we are not insane. We are instead rational human beings who know what we must do to succeed in 2010 and 2012 and that is get behind Sarah (if she does indeed throw her hat into the ring)1000% with the fervency of the proponents of the suffragette movement or the movement to bring about Prohibition. That we know is what it will take to oust Obama and his merry men and women.

As I have said on several occasions if you are not with us you are against us–we are coming through–thousands and soon-to-be hundreds of thousands of we patriotic Americans-get out of the way before you get trampled. The future will be ours if we do not falter or allow the MSM to manipulate us into division or marginalize Sarah. We must all remain vigilant. Fight, fight, fight! We must take back America from the Socialist/Marxist hordes and restore American exceptionalism, the belief that the individual is more important than the state, and the belief in the inviolability of the Constitution. We owe our ancestors that much for what they have given us. Let not their sacrifice, many with their blood, for America be in vain.

technopeasant on January 9, 2009 at 8:10 AM

This is Sally S.

I have no idea what a “Poptech new avatar” is. I would respond with a rebuttal about it, but I have no clue. Does this have something to do with a computer game?

Hey, Illinidiva, thanks for the Illinois shout-out. Looks like we must be in the same “class” since we are both Illini fans. ORANGE CRUSH.

Sally S on January 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Sally S on January 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM

They are more or less saying you are a moonbat freak. Which is true.

upinak on January 9, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Melt and Ram and JOEY… thought you might like this “Correction” from ADN.com LMFAO!!!!

Corrections

By | @adn.com

Published: January 9th, 2009 12:55 AM
Last Modified: January 9th, 2009 12:55 AM

Dan Fagan’s column on Page B-4 Sunday mischaracterized federal regulations regarding apprenticeship programs. Those regulations do not require all apprentice candidates to have a high school diploma; an apprenticeship program may decide for itself whether its admission criteria mandate a diploma. There are more than 90 electrical apprenticeship sponsors in Alaska, not three as stated in Fagan’s column.

upinak on January 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM

upinak on January 9, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Ditto!

Sally S, Poptech is your soulmate. Drop him an email. No more lonely nights for you two. I’m a romantic at heart — even for moonbat freaks.

ramrocks on January 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM

upinak on January 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Worthless scumbags! Now that the young man has been hounded out of his apprenticeship they can correct the record.

ramrocks on January 9, 2009 at 11:49 AM