Video: Palin hits back at the media; Update: Ziegler: Palin is exactly who you think

posted at 9:15 pm on January 7, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

John Ziegler conducted a series of interviews with Governor Sarah Palin about the treatment she received from the media, including the blogosphere, which he will use in an upcoming documentary. He’s put together a few good excerpts in a lengthy YouTube presentation, in which Palin starts off by taking on the biggest smear of the campaign:

Why would Palin want to go through all of this again? She says this country has a “great need for reform,” and she still wants to provide it. Perhaps, she says, people would pay more attention to her record rather than the lunatics who still pressure her to give them proof positive that she actually gave birth to her youngest son, Trig.  Palin has a few choice words for the strategists in the campaign, and for the media hypocrites who put her and her family through the wringer while anointing Obama.

If we’d seen more of this Palin on the campaign trail … well, we still would have lost, in all likelihood, as VP candidates simply can’t rescue running mates.  However, Palin seems determined not to let 2008 be the last word for her on the national stage.

Update: John Ziegler writes about his experiences meeting with Sarah Palin:

One of the things you quickly learn when you visit the Palins is that the legend that has been created around who they are and how they live is no myth. It appears to be absolutely real and everything about them seems 100% sincere. From the stuffed hunting trophies on the wall, to the Track’s military photo by the TV set, to Piper’s crayon school projects on the kitchen cabinets, everything is exactly as you imagine it might be.

What was particularly valuable about the perspective I had was that, I am not Charlie Gibson, Matt Lauer or Greta Van Susteren (who I understand now gets her mail delivered to the Palin home); the conductors of the three most prominent interviews done in the Wasilla house on the frozen lake at the end of the drive that has the sign “Palins” posted on a tree at the entrance. Unlike them, I am virtually unknown nationally and there was absolutely no reason for anything to be done differently as a “show” for us. We saw the genuine Sarah Palin and it is patently obvious that this is the only one that exists. She is the real deal.

As a former TV sportscaster and radio talk show host, I have interviewed a lot big-time “celebrities,” and I can honestly say that, even though you could argue that Sarah Palin was the most prominent I have ever spoken to one-on-one, she was also by far the nicest, most sincere and, seemingly, honest subject that I have ever questioned.

Be sure to read the whole column, especially for Palin’s assessment of Keith Olbermann.  Keep an eye out for John’s upcoming documentary, Media Malpractice.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Ignore this clown-troll. He’s trying to get traffic at his puny blog by acting like a fool.

Jaibones on January 8, 2009 at 3:25 AM

Palin is gold.
The same people who consider her a lightweight and unimportant seem to spend a lot of time trying to bring her down.
These are also the same people who think a failed community organizer can “change the world”.

Palin relates very well to the public at large and actually has a record of achievement.She is a reformer and a very successful Governor that has accomplished a lot in her public service and helping raise a large family.

This has the liberals on the same bigotry and hate fest that they always engage in when they feel their political goals and ideology are threatened.

That’s why they think the Caroline Kennedy’s and Al Franken’s are great leaders when in reality they have accomplished little to nothing except being liberal mouth piece’s and celebrities.

Wonder what super important story they will dig out of Palin’s trash can to match the incredible significance of her buying a tanning bed and finding out if trig is really her child.
OHH!!..sorry…my fault.
The medias super smart dinosaurs 4000 yrs ago joke reporting never amounted to anything but smears so they had to rely on Tina Fey to tear down Palin.
How progressive.

Baxter Greene on January 8, 2009 at 3:46 AM

I have just registered at (teamsarah(.)org). Under a different username.

There is not much that I can do of a practical nature from “downunder” other than to offer prayers for Sarah and her family everyday.

Sarah Palin is the “real deal”. It angers me when I see her being trashed by the MSM and some trolls on HA.

Crux Australis on January 8, 2009 at 4:10 AM

I never understood ‘she came to the door in a bath towel story.’ It wasn’t like she was naked or having sex on the floor. In this age of enlightenment I can’t believe how prudish some people are. Now if somebody is trying to imply that Sarah is a low-class individual because of this I would say to them if you stuck around hotels long enough you’d see many celebrities come to their doors in bath towels or at least a bathrobe. Get a life. This is the 21c.

technopeasant on January 8, 2009 at 4:10 AM

technopeasant on January 8, 2009 at 4:10 AM

I believe this idiocy came from one of McCain’s people.
Unlike democrats,conservatives called out our own people on their stupidity and this hit on Palin was shown to be as childish as the Dinosaur’s 4000 yrs. ago and demands from liberal pundits for Palin to stay at home with her children instead of seeking public office.

In liberal land,a woman who has a healthy marriage,children,college educated,religious faith,and holds public office as prominent as being a Governor only means something if you have a (D) beside your name.

Hillary Clintons husband cheated on her more times than people can keep up with,eventually doing it in front of the world at the White House and she is held up as a strong example of feminism because she “stuck” by her man.
So showing strength and courage is staying with someone who
continually cheats on you,lies to you,and breaks all vows of commitment and respect on a regular basis.
Way to go feminist/democrats.
Guys can cheat all they want because “they can” and if their women don’t put up with it,they apparently don’t have the strength and character of a “true woman”.

Caroline Kennedy has no qualifications-what-so-ever to be a US senator except apparently her last name.
Though there have been a few editorials questioning this pick,there has not been the trash can investigating and demeaning reporting on her that Palin was subjected to.
There are no wide spread condemnations of her in the entertainment industry.No Tina Fey skits demeaning her and twisting everything she does for entertainment value and to push their ideology.
No Couric “gotcha” cut and paste edited interviews to try and trip her up and make her look stupid.

Where is the liberal “intellect” and open minded debate on Caroline and Hillary that produced such great dialog and actions as these from liberals regarding Palin :

This is insane rage — Sandra Bernhard bashing Sarah Palin and cursing her head off with hate warping her crazed face:

Calling for Palin to be gang raped.
Wow!!
How progressive!!

Crush the Obamedia narrative: Look who’s “gripped by insane rage”

By Michelle Malkin • October 12, 2008 11:50 AM

Abort Palin shirts,artwork of her being punched out,video of her being beaten down by a man and left lifeless on the floor,mimicking shooting her in the head,calling her a religious fanatic because she has faith and lead a prayer for Soldiers heading off to war while giving Obama a pass for sitting in a church for 20 yrs listening to God Dam# America and the US deserved 9/11….on..and..on..and..on..the “smart ones” show everybody how intelligent and “open minded” they are.

Baxter Greene on January 8, 2009 at 4:55 AM

AUINSC on January 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Dude! Who the hell could have anticipated how batshit crazy the media would get this time? They pushed a story accusing her of faking a pregnancy for godsake! She was expecting bias, but not twilight zone reporting. This was “Macaca” times 1000!

Here’s what John Ziegler wrote about this interview on his webpage:

Beyond the great interview for the film (which still has plenty of great stuff yet to come), the most important part of my visit to the Palin house is that there is a big difference between thinking that something is true and knowing for sure that it is. I now know that Sarah Palin is who I thought she was.

I also know now, with morally certitude, that the media assassination of her, her character and her family was one of the greatest public injustices of our time and I am totally justified in devoting my life to correcting the historical record in my forthcoming film “Media Malpractice…How Obama Got Elected and Palin Was Smeared.” [emphasis added]

It was an unprecedented media assassination. Give her a break.

As I said, she is well aware of how the media operates. Take for example a letter to the editor she wrote to the Anchorage Daily News back in 1993:

Palin, then a Wasilla councilwoman]called the paper “dangerously biased” for its coverage of Sen. George Jacko, a key member of the Republican majority in Juneau. Jacko had been caught trying noisily to get into the room of a female legislative aide and was eventually censured by the Legislature.

“How can you justify your restraint in slamming the Clintons, Kennedys, Marion Barrys and other philandering, chauvinistic left-wingers of the world?” Palin wrote at the time. “Your yellow, liberal rag is so obvious. I pray we will someday have a choice in newspapers again.”

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 5:10 AM

Christians had some balls during the Crusades. Maybe a few years of Obama will bring back a little of that fire.

Jim62sch

Good point, Jim. It may take a crusades-like effort to beat back the creeping sharia that the big-eared freak will allow to quietly infect and destroy this country. And no, I’m not calling B. Hussein Obama a muslim. I don’t think he has any religion other than himself. He is a self-made god and like other self-made gods will go the way of them.
I think he sees Islam as a means to hasten the demise of this country as it was founded so that he can remake it in his image and likeness.
As for Governor Palin…I would personally love to see her set an elegantly boxed set of 17th century deuling pistols in front of Couric or Lauer, suggest that she would like the opportunity to defend her honor, then watch them sh*t themselves and run away. It’s a dream I have.

SKYFOX on January 8, 2009 at 5:24 AM

Well, I agree with you 100%…I’m not saying she should take it at all…I’m just saying that I WAS AMAZED when she said she didn’t see what the MSM was going to do to her…Look, again, I hope nobody thinks my criticisms are PDS…I really do like that woman, and I voted for her (much, much more for her, than JM…the order was 1) For Palin 2) Against the Messiah 3) for JM, just because he happened to share the ticket with Palin)…I was just grinding my teeth a bit when she expressed shock at the way the MSM treated her. I guess maybe I sound elitist (or whatever) in my criticism but I’ve never even run for so much as town dog catcher…but if I did, I would know the R by my name would mean be prepared for the sh*t to head my way by the truckload…because the MSM hates anyone who doesn’t toe the line…I was surprised and dismayed to hear her admit that. I knew a lot of other Republicans during this campaign who would say things like “yeah, but the press is really, at heart, honest…etc, etc” and just throw up a little in my mouth when I heard that…so maybe that colored my reaction to her statements.

AUINSC on January 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM

She isn’t naive. She’s a very shrewd politician. See, she can’t just go off on the media during a campaign because THAT would be the only story for the duration of the campaign. The media would go into their cubicles and defend themselves like they always do by trashing her (even more) and all of us that support her. Take Rush for example, when Rush said “the media was desirous of having a black quarterback do well, rather than give credit to his defense” they all called him a racist. He wasn’t criticizing the black quarterback but that was not the message sent out to the “great unwashed.” Oh, and then they defended themselves by saying we don’t have meetings to discuss these types of things. We don’t choose a story and push it because of bias or desire for a particular narrative. They are a conduit, unfortunately. Our leaders have to play nice (to an extent) just to get their message out. So she has to say that she was shocked or the media will then just label her as a paranoid freak (which, they would do with a huge smile on their faces!). But certainly she has every right to be shocked at how far over the line they went. This campaign was the nastiest I’ve seen since I started paying attention in 1984 (age 11). But for some reason the only people that the media ever accuse of being nasty are the conservatives. And we’re supposed to believe they are consummate professionals with no bias.

And another thing about the media that just kills me is the term “group-think.” The media routinely say that this group thinks this and that group thinks that but never do they believe that they are capable of group think as well. As if they are so much smarter than every other industry in the universe. Sports media, news media, entertainment media they all sound alike. I love it when Rush airs 9 or 10 talking heads in succession while they repeat a Democrat talking point nearly verbatim and then feign surprise and horror when someone questions their journalistic integrity, like John Roberts when interviewing JTP.

Poptech, enough already. You are doing yourself a disservice by continuing to spread that meme that SP doesn’t read. You’re not going to convince those of us that support her. Look, we don’t really think Obama believes that he’s been to 57 states with one more to go. It’s funny but if SP had said it, it would be in each of your posts. Let it go.

And another thing Poopdeck, have you ever stopped to think

? That’s it. That’s the question.

rmel80 on January 8, 2009 at 5:26 AM

Obama managed to sell his idea that the people need to fall in line behind government. Government will handle it for you, he says.

Palin needs to keep selling the idea that the government needs to line up behind the people.

But when the media pulls these stunts, she needs to call them out over and over again. We need to do the same thing or we end up being a national controlled by the government with a media that covers for their government.

kcarpenter on January 7, 2009 at 11:15 PM

+100!

Right on!

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 5:33 AM

AUINSC, Palin isn’t talking about reforming America and the Constitution. She’s talking about reforming our government, there has never been an institution in greater need of reform than Washington!

The main problem imo is that we keep sending lawyers to DC to represent us and all they are trained to do is give speeches arguing a point. They never solve anything. In simple terms, lawyers suck!

We need more grassroots politicians and less establishment politicians. Return the government to the People. That’s the reform she is talking about.

rmel80 on January 8, 2009 at 5:42 AM

Maybe if Kathleen Parker occasionally wore a brown wig, Japanese designer glasses, and knee boots on “Romance Night”, she wouldn’t be so bitter.

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 11:58 PM

LOL!

she-Ra bringer of meat!

unseen on January 7, 2009 at 11:59 PM

ROTFLMAO!

I got the reference.

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 5:53 AM

Have I said I will never forgive the left for what they did? Yes but I will say it again. I will never forgive of forget what they did to the governor.

rob verdi on January 8, 2009 at 6:13 AM

she needs someone who will declare war on the media for her … as Nixon says, “a nutcutter”

joey24007 on January 7, 2009 at 9:45 PM

We’re her nutcutters, Joey. She has a grassroot army of nutcutters — ordinary Jane and John Does. We’re the hope of the world:

We are the meek who are supposed to inherit the earth. You’ll find us everywhere. We raise the crops; we dig the mines, work the factories, keep the books, fly the planes and drive the buses. And when a cop yells: “Stand back there, you!” He means us, the John Does!

The revolution starts here with us.

ramrocks on January 8, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Exactly. Following her speech at the Republican Convention, one of the “journalists” covering it–Chris Matthews, I believe–stated, and my quote might be off somewhat, but the gist is the same, “She’s declared war on us.” (emphasis mine) As the American media becomes even more a willing propaganda arm of the Democratic Party and Obama than it is already, Palin and other conservative politicians will have to, in the next four to eight years, develop means to get their message to the people over, under, and around this actively hostile media.

Ultimately, we’re probably going to have to develop a mentality for reading and analyzing news and for disseminating truthful information, as opposed to the propaganda put out by official outlets, very similar to that used by people in Eastern Europe during the Cold War. The next couple of elections will be very important–a lot will be riding on them.

Matt Helm on January 8, 2009 at 6:41 AM

If she runs in 2012, she will not only show enormous courage to endure the bias and hypocrisy of the MSM, she will also show us the strength of her convictions and her unwillingness to surrender …gotta love her…. Palin for Empress!

jerrytbg on January 8, 2009 at 6:53 AM

rob verdi on January 8, 2009 at 6:13 AM

The left and their media didn’t just do it to her but to the whole principle of free democracy. It’s almost at the level of what Al Qaida has done.

the_nile on January 8, 2009 at 7:09 AM

The angle on Trig Truth that I thought never got enough play is the strange coincidence that it came on the heels of the very same story arc on Desperate Housewives. The character on the show that did this is even the “Republican” one. How do we know she’s a Republican? She’s religious and owns guns. Does that ring a bell?

To me, this is worse than believing an anonymous blogger. How lazy do you have to be to make up stories based on a fictional TV show? At least those who believed the blogger had gotten up off their asses and were looking at something political rather than making it up.

Kafir on January 8, 2009 at 7:11 AM

jerrytbg on January 8, 2009 at 6:53 AM

I don’t see how the MSM could do any more damage , an now that their candidate has to prove that he can give everyone a unicorn.

the_nile on January 8, 2009 at 7:14 AM

What a wonderful woman. What a clearheaded thinker. Someone who FINALLY, speaks about the Truth in media bias without sounding like a whiny baby.

Doughboy on January 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Doughboy has the absolutely correct take on the whole saga. The liberal media has taken it upon themselves to teach conservatives a lesson because they control the vast majority of media entities in this country, and they proved their blatant propaganda can do anything. As students of History have known, whenever there is a coup or revolution in a country, one of the first entities seized by insurgents is the radio, tv, and newspapers of the country. Ours are controlled by a loose knit group of people who use their sponsors’ money to control the masses of the country through propaganda. The NBCs, CBSs, NY Times, LA Times, USA Todays of our world are controlled by liberal media publishers who all got where they are today because they fit in and thrived with liberal viewpoints, and Communist sympathizers who received money from the former Soviet Union to put out Communist propaganda.

Now that the Soviet’s money is gone, they continue to believe they are doing yeoman’s work for a greater cause (because they are brainwashed by their former associations. They cannot deny their entire life history). While there may be no vast left wing conspiracy to undermine conservative American values, there most certainly is a conglomeration of addleheaded idiots running the news asylum and taking money from Dhimmicratic sources to keep afloat (Those sources believe almost exactly as the Soviets and Socialist do, so they fund those viewpoints…. George Soros anyone?).

It is the money, guys. They want to control the country to use its money for their own goals, however noble they think they are, and however much conservatives despise those goals for the initiative- and innovation-robbing programs they are.

I love Sarah Palin. I cannot wait to actually provide help to her candidacy in the future, whenever that is. I am not a political addict, having only one principle in my political makeup (defend the reputation of the US military and the Young Men and Women who serve in it). The only way to take control of the country back is to take control of this runaway biased media machine and make it work for the people and not Communists and Socialists anymore. Drive them out of business or buy them up and insist they become fair entities again. License them and insist on completely accurate stories, or fine them accordingly.

Good Luck, Sarah. You are the only person giving me hope for the future right now. Don’t give up, ma’am.

Subsunk

Subsunk on January 8, 2009 at 7:15 AM

I guess the main reason I love SP is because she does drive the libs insane. If she had been elected, Palin derangement syndrome would have been twice as big and nasty as BDS.

The funny (or sad part) is that a lot of PDS came from the McCain campaign. That and the rest of those “big tent” idiots that have caused the downfall of the party. I wish I could figure out how to purge these folks.

conservnut on January 8, 2009 at 7:19 AM

conservnut on January 8, 2009 at 7:19 AM

And purge we must.

jerrytbg on January 8, 2009 at 7:33 AM

conservnut on January 8, 2009 at 7:19 AM

It’s a three front war, the dem:s them msm:s and the rino:s.

the_nile on January 8, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Subsunk on January 8, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Yuri said it best!

jerrytbg on January 8, 2009 at 7:37 AM

I simply love this woman.

Is she runs in 12 I hope she will have Laura Ingraham as her adviser.

RobertInLexington on January 8, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Sarah Palin has remarkable restraint, poise, and class.
And I’m glad she got a dig in at Couric.

And as for the scene where The View ladies cackle over Palins daughter, I have to wonder. Why is it that liberal women have none of the natural instincts of a normal woman, that is, to be feminine, to nurture and protect children, and to like men?

CarolynM on January 8, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Palin 2012 or Soviet Amerika with 1 party rule by the Marxist scum of the Democrat Party as in Obama, Reid & Pelosi.

Max47 on January 8, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Does this mean that all of the idiocy is genuine too?

Big S on January 8, 2009 at 7:57 AM

The left, media and Rinos seem to fear Palin the way that Dracula fears sunlight.

I think that the first hurdle Palin will have to get over is opposition from the Rinos and Pastel Republicans. I was at a Republican club party a bit back and two people were talking. One was a republican county officer and the other was the head of the (r) party in another township. They were practically gushing about obama’s cabinet picks and what he’s done so far. Then they started bashing Palin as “unqualified”. I made a snarky comment about “Hey guys I must have gotten lost, I was looking for the REPUBLICAN christmas party”.

The township guy said something else about Palin and I asked him point blank “If you had a choice of voting for obama or Palin, who would you vote for??” He stuttered for a minute and finally said “Palin” with the same facial expression as if he had just bitten into a moldy, maggoty sausage.

We need to get involved with the party and start weeding out the damn Rinos. Ressurect Theodore Roosevelt and give him an unlimited season on Rinos.. Best part is you don’t have to gut them because they don’t have any guts.

bullseye on January 8, 2009 at 8:00 AM

I know Gov Palin took a lot of heat from the “liberated” women about allowing her Down’s Syndrome son to live, and also a lot of heat from so-called evangelical conservatives about her daughter’s out of wedlock child. What this evangelical saw was a family like the many families that live around here – they have every day problems and they deal with them. They have children that in the eyes of some are less than perfect but these children are loved and provided for. They have “illegitimate” children who are also loved and provided for. Sometimes life and all its realities gets in the way of harmonious and perfect living.
So to all you folks out there living perfect lives, my advice to you is: consider Job. That’s all I need to say.

abcurtis on January 8, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I like Palin personally. I am not sure she’s ready for the prime time yet, but I think she would be a fine Senator for her State. She has a good grip on issues pertaining to her state but I think a couple of years in the Senate so she can see how morons like Harry the Body Reid, Dianne Frankenfeinstien, the Cape Cod Orca and Shumcky Schumer operate will only help her if she decides to make a run at POTUS again. Plus now that dolt Steven’s is gone they need a true Conservative to take his place.

I always thought Palin was true to who she was and portrayed herself that way during the campaign. Regardless of what one thinks of her though, you have to be intellectually dishonest, or just plain stupid, to not admit she was treated unfairly by the media. My wife is fairly liberal and even saw that.

She was spot on about the MSM laying of Obama’s family while attacking Palin’s with regularity.

As someone who isn’t an Evangelical, I saw this as well. The hypocritical actions of the so called “women’s rights” movements were certainly brought into the light during the election. Of course her unfair treatment during the campaign by the MSM doesn’t constitute sympathy from these groups however, she doesn’t fall in line with their leftist views. They would have been more apt to support her if she decided to abort a couple of her children and didn’t wear a bra.

Disclaimer – all nicknames are from Mark Levin, I don’t have the creativity to come up with them myself, plus I think everyone should start using them.

bentman78 on January 8, 2009 at 8:19 AM

She is a lovely woman with a lovely family. I think she’s what this country needs badly and I hope she gets another chance, but I couldn’t blame her one bit if she decided not to make another major run. The way the media is gunning for her is just so wrong and maddening, it’s hard to see a way to win when the msm is totally against you.

4shoes on January 8, 2009 at 8:36 AM

God I love this woman. Helen of Troy had nothing on her.

unseen on January 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I simply love this woman.

Is she runs in 12 I hope she will have Laura Ingraham as her adviser.

RobertInLexington on January 8, 2009 at 7:48 AM

How about Laura Ingraham and Michele Malkin
These three could kick some serious ass

norryrr on January 8, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Max47 on January 8, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Well at least it’s better then Nazi America with 1 party rule (like we had from 2001 to 2006) by the facist scum of the republican party as in Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc.

LODGE4 on January 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM

How the f**K does Andrew Sullivan lead in that blog poll?

This country is finished. He is a maggot of the highest order.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM

LODGE4 on January 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Sorry troll, but that one was a BI-Partisan effort. Back under the rock.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Max47 on January 8, 2009 at 7:54 AM

LODGE4 on January 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Children, it’s time for your morning nap.

LimeyGeek on January 8, 2009 at 8:51 AM

“Blame the media”… its been working great for you people lately!

benny shakar on January 7, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Yes it has. It worked for me when I reregistered to be a Republican years ago. The media bias is one factor of several that drive people to vote moderate or conservative and drive them from the Dem party and many to the GOP.

Liberals like yourself cannot win on ideas and through reason.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Max47 on January 8, 2009 at 7:54 AM

LODGE4 on January 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Uh .. what planet did you just drop in from?? I have to laugh when leftists try to call Bush etc Nazis.. When their dear leader and the democratic party are all socialists.. I’m not sure if you know anything about history, but NAZI mean National SOCIALIST party. Much of what obama wants to do is akin to the economic policies of the nazis.

While we are at it, who was doing the brownshirt thing?? I seem to recall team obama trashing a guy FOR ASKING A QUESTION. I seem to recall st louis public officials threatening people for anti obama statements. I seem to recall obama threatening radio stations who ran NRA ads.

Who wants to do a ‘yoot army’ reminiscent of the Hitler Youth???

Funny thing, I just saw Valkryie. First off, they mentioned socialism a couple of times. But even creepier were the ever present pics of Hitler. I never saw pics like that of Bush but I do see people with their obama signs and Che-like posters.

Oh, and while we are at it, would you like to compare the qualifications of our jugears-in-chief-elect with those of Governor Palin???

thought not..

bullseye on January 8, 2009 at 8:54 AM

“Blame the media”… its been working great for you people lately!

benny shakar on January 7, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Attacking Palin’s family is working great for your people, isn’t it? :)

Keep it up. Every time you sock Palin, you punch middle-America.

She’s not going away Benny. If you really thought she would lose in 2012, then you’d be pulling for her like us, but for simply different reasons. Your camp is STILL afraid of this charismatic woman.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM

CarolynM on January 8, 2009 at 7:49 AM

bullseye on January 8, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Plain’s authenticity, courage, and clear thinking empower her to threaten lefties at the existential level. So they defend by hating her.

Pa-lin! Pa-lin! Pa-lin!

petefrt on January 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM

benny shakar on January 7, 2009 at 9:28 PM
Obama’s achievements in school please …

joey24007 on January 7, 2009 at 9:29 PM

And masterbation doesn’t count.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 8:58 AM

bullseye on January 8, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Yes “NAZI” is indeed an abbreviation of the National Socialist Workers Party.

The Democrat contingent in America have the “socialist” part down to a T, with all the pinko union fist pumping as garnish, but they don’t have any “nationalism” in their DNA.

So no, Democrats/neo-liberals are not Nazis.

LimeyGeek on January 8, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Keep it up. Every time you sock Palin, you punch middle-America.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM

And Middle America knows it, too.

petefrt on January 8, 2009 at 8:59 AM

AUINSC on January 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM

She’s getting more exposure and experience at the national level.

Once she gets a campaign advisor who knows their stuff, and let’s her be herself, she’ll take off.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Sorry for the cliche, but: you go, girl! Anyway, doesn’t she make, for example, Princess Caroline look sick in so many ways?

ddrintn on January 7, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I actually feel sorry for Caroline a little bit once you start to compare her to Sarah. Sarah is such an infinitely more substantial leader than Caroline. Of course, anybody can be a senator from New York for the Dem party. They just need to proxy their vote to Chuck Schumer and can attend all the nice parties and be gushed over.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Palin / Petraeus 2012

She’s still my gal.

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on January 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:01 AM

It’s going to take a lot of strategery to eviscerate the “Myth of the Obama God” and discredit the corrupt media, but I believe Palin has the heart, stomach and brains for it.

If I could get the kind of lucrative work I deliver up in Wasilla, I’d seriously consider a move, just so I could be at ‘ground zero’ for her 2012 campaign.

Palin 2012!

LimeyGeek on January 8, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Check out the videos and notes about the voter polls on the voters knowledge of the campaign and issues.

Pay particular attention to the Obama voters:

Benny’s People.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:07 AM

You have yet to post any damning evidence from all the papers you just rattled off. You cite your own relatives as proof of Palin’s “unelectability” and anonymous sources from Cameron who also said Palin appeared in a bath towel – emphatically denied by Steve Schmidt.

chunderroad on January 8, 2009 at 3:15 AM

I posted them over and over, you stating the opposite does not make it true. Maybe if you use all caps it will REALLY not be true.

Here is damning evidence of her unelectability:

82% believed Sarah Palin caused John McCain to lose the election (CNN)
81% of Independent Voters said they were less likely to vote for McCain because of Palin (Los Angeles Times / Bloomberg)
80% of women voters believe McCain picked Palin for Political Reasons not Qualifications (Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group)
79% of uncommitted voters did not believe Palin won the VP Debate (CBS News / Knowledge Networks)
75% of likely voters did not believe Palin has the right experience to be president (AP / GfK)
72% of voters say that McCain’s choice of Palin did not make them inclined to vote Republican (San Francisco Chronicle)
68% of voters were not very comfortable with Palin as President (FOX News / Opinion Dynamics)
61% of voters did not believe Sarah Palin is ready to serve as President (USA Today / Gallup)
60% of women under 50 have an unfavorable opinion of Sarah Palin (The Pew Research Center)
59% of voters said Sarah Palin is not qualified (New York Times / CBS News)
57% of likely voters said Palin does not have the personal qualities a president should have (CNN / Opinion Research)
56% of registered women voters trust Hillary Clinton more than Sarah Palin (Blum & Weprin Associates)
55% of registered voters did not believe Palin is qualified to step in as president (Newsweek / Princeton Survey Research Associates)
55% of voters said Sarah Palin is unqualified (NBC News / Wall Street Journal)
52% of women voters said Sarah Palin is not qualified (Quinnipiac University / Wall Street Journal)
51% of likely voters view Sarah Palin unfavorably (ABC News / Washington Post)

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Palin 2012!

LimeyGeek on January 8, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Dude, there are people in the lower 48 thinking of doing that for her 2010 governor’s race. And not because she would need the help either. But because it would make a difference if she won a second term with 60% of the vote rather than just say 51% of the vote.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I hope Sarah Palin reads HA, and gets a deservedly good vibe from all the cyber-friends she has.

Stiff upper lip ma’am! We’ll be at your side when it counts.

LimeyGeek on January 8, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Jaibones on January 8, 2009 at 3:25 AM

Yeah, I discussing Palin so you read about Global Warming? LMAO! You guys are like Truthers.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM

If that is sufficient for you to consider yourself ‘informed’, and if you are in any way representative of the general American electorate, then we’re in far more trouble than I imagined.

You really need to start thinking for yourself. For your own good.

LimeyGeek on January 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Pop,

Most of those polls are from lib sources and are ridiculous to take seriously. Rasmussen is the one you want to follow and get more current data. Get accurate data that is current and we can examine it objectively. It might have something interesting.

She’s the only one out there who I have heard talk about freeing people from government and you want to attack her? You’ve got to be kidding me.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM

How come with Ziegler she forgot she read the Economist and The Wall Street Journal? LMAO!

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM

You can take all of those numbers and put in barry’s name instead with the questions and the results would be the opposite. What I’m saying is that people think he is qualified and he is less so than Mrs Palin. 52% think he will be a good choice as president and they are the only results that we will be able evaluate.

thomasaur on January 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Meh, I think she’s trying to reach anyone with principles left in the media, and shame them. There’s probably not many but there are a few. If she declares war on the whole MSM, anyone with sympathy for her position will be forced into the anti-Sarah camp.

I believe it’s pretty likely that Sarah has better political instincts for the media than the majority of commenters here at Hot Air…how many governors who fought their way up from nothing to become Governor of the country’s largest state comment at this blog?

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM

She’s testing which sources in the media are objective and which are not. All politicians do this. They find trusted sources there. That is why Sarah agreed to interview with Greta, because Greta is a much more trustworthy newsperson than most others like say Olby or Chrissie.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM

And you consider this to be a serious, intelligent, mature line of questioning? Grow up.

LimeyGeek on January 8, 2009 at 9:19 AM

You really need to start thinking for yourself. For your own good.

LimeyGeek on January 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I am much more informed than the average Palin fanboy.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM

So Rasmussen is ok because they are the only polls to show Palin favorably? LMAO!

So any data that does not poll how Palin fans with is inaccurate? LMAO!

This is like mass hysteria.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM

AUINSC on January 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I agree with you to a great extent, but fortunately a couple of good advisors could wisen her up quickly. This deficiency can be remedied. But we cannot for a moment think of abandoning Sarah. As a I have stated in many posts talent + charisma come along maybe once every generation; we cannot afford to throw it away when we find it.

technopeasant on January 7, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Techno,

I’m not nearly there yet, but it may come to pass that I face that “… dropping his nets and following…”

I could never live with myself if I stand by and do nothing to protect this good woman from the barbarians.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I am much more informed than the average Palin fanboy.

I hope for your own sake that this is true. Why don’t you try to demonstrate this truth?

LimeyGeek on January 8, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Doughboy on January 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Agreed… The treatment of the Palin children by the media was despicable. Bristol is a young girl who unfortunately made a mistake and should not be pilloried for it. As for the Trig trutherism, I’d warn Andrew Sullivan to avoid going to Alaska, because Todd Palin has every right to beat up Andi and will probably do so.

Illinidiva on January 8, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Would Palin start her Pac now please so I can give her money.

unseen on January 7, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Right on! I need to dump these dollars on the Cuda quick before the long-term slide in the dollar resumes.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM

LimeyGeek on January 8, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Wait Zeigler supposedly debunks that she really does read newspapers, yet she was unable to answer this simple question to Couric in the interview. Then she talks to Cameron and says she reads The Wall Street Journal and the Economist but with Zeigler she reads local papers and two liberal papers – The New York Times and USA Today and just completely forget that she reads two fiscally conservative papers? LMAO!

What true fiscal conservative with any remote understanding of economics gets their information from NYT or USA Today? LMAO! This is like a big joke that keeps on giving.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Please get some help… Seriously, you aren’t bringing anything new to the conversation.

Illinidiva on January 8, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Is it so hard to accept the possibility that she really did hurt McCain, and that it wasn’t the media’s fault?

ChenZhen on January 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM

There were some who may have voted for Obama because of Sarah, but she brought marginally much more votes for McCain with turn-out and did well with women.

Don’t believe that stuff the MSM is feeding you. It’s not true. They are also afraid of this woman and her rise from the ashes.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:33 AM

To follow up on my assertion of evangelical Christians not willing or at least being reluctant to fight fire with fire let me state that I am a Christian but I refuse to render unto Obama my blessing and acquiesence and give him free rein to impose a Marxist-brand of socialism on America, destroy right-wing talk radio, dismantle the Constitution, and marginalize evangelical Christians or devout Christians who are pro-life.

Bullseye mentioned in a previous posting about a Rino Republican leader gushing over Obama’s cabinet picks. Goering, Goebbels, Speer, Bormann, Eichmann, Hess, and Himmler were good and efficient at their jobs as well. I will never gush over Obama and his merry men and women; the regime is dangerous and has to be stopped in its tracks in 2012. I am a student of history. I know what a false sense of security and complacency can do to a society. Obama is one amoral, ruthless SOB. Aesop’s fables teaches “A man is known by the company he keeps.” A previous poster mentioned that it doesn’t matter if Obama calls himself a Christian or a Muslim. I agree. Obama is an egomaniac extraordinaire who will only do things that advances his cause and no other. I am under no illusion. Millions all over the world in Fascist and Marxist regimes have been murdered and exterminated, many of them going to their graves saying “This is not possible; this can’t be true.” I am telling you all right now this is all quite possible and if you don’t do something to stop Obama it will, like the sun rises in the east every day, come true.

Finally let me say that words mean a lot and the absence of words or the behavior that certain words suggest mean a lot more. Let me offer you Christians 3 words that Obama and his merry men and women have discarded from their dictionary that you must acknowledge, fully accept, and finally be prepared to discard as well if you want to play the political game on a level playing field.

These words are PRESUMPTUOUS,ABSURD, and TACTLESS.

PRESUMPTUOUS-actually the lack of it stops Christians from questioning Obama’s character, sincerity or motives. Somehow it is OK for the MSM, nutroots, Huffington Post and Obama’s apparatchiks to be utterly presumptuous and contemptuous towards Sarah Palin in their efforts to destroy her but somehow we are too pure or chaste to do likewise. Let Obama walk all over Sarah and our side; we must preserve our honor and dignity if we are to prevail. Bu****it!

ABSURD is what the MSM, SNL, the late-night comedians and the entertainment industry have offered up to diminish and marginalize Sarah with their fervent desire to finish her off once and for all with absurd accusations that have no basis in fact but subject her unfairly to intense ridicule and scorn. Christians must realize that the majority of Obama’s followers are amoral and that they look at the world as ‘absurd’, that is without meaning or purpose and thus the individuals within that world in the same way. The only difference is one of loyalty and ideology. The GOP and their followers are the enemy-anything goes including deliberately falsifying the truth and distorting the record. What Christians must begin to do is to question the ABSURDITY of Obama’s policies and his ideology.

TACTLESS refers to the hallmark of the 21st c: the arrant LACK of respect, consideration, discretion, and having no regard for being offensive inculcated to the Obamatrons by the education system, TV and movies, the MSM, the street culture of the inner city, the cult of sports and media celebrity, and the Democratic Party itself which manifests itself in the slander, vilificiation, demonization, and personal destruction of anybody that gets in their way to imposing ‘a new order’ to America. And the main focus of their attention is Sarah Palin. As bullseye just said in a previous posting: ” The left, media, and RINO’s fear Palin the way Dracula fears sunlight.”

Christians for centuries have been known for their TACT. By the way the definition of TACT is having or exercising the ability to not give offense by giving the other person’s feelings the utmost consideration or being discreet in knowing what is right or appropriate: by not participating in situations that embarrass others, keeping secrets that may damage the reputation of others or remaining unobtrusive so as to not attract attention.

Quite honestly, Christians I don’t care a hoot about Obama’s feelings and if I can in my own little way to embarrass or damage Obama I will take every opportunity to do so. Yes I will still pray in my own private corner, but for the remainder of the daily 24 hours I will not retreat; I will not back off-yes I may be accused by many Christians of being tactless-but I’d rather be TACTLESS and lead the way than be full of honorable or dignified tact and condemn Christians and all Americans to the terror and horror coming down the road if Obama is allowed to have his way.

technopeasant on January 8, 2009 at 9:37 AM

I just wonder how much support she would receive from the “conservative” base which is now so much “middle left”? I think the problem is the party and its politics – not the people running. Also, it is inside the beltway – or “how it is always done” crap that is crippling the party. Do Republicans really want to see a new Reagan? Think about it.

Neocon Peg on January 7, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Yes, we want someone who has a similar philosophy to Reagan in regards to trimming back the federal government. That person will be an outsider from the beltway. The inside-the-beltway GOP can’t possibly produce anything to stop the insidious growth of the federal governement.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Not one conservative poll in the mess. Not one.
So here are some unbiased polls:

She earns positive reviews from 65% of men and 52% of women. The Rasmussen Reports

Fifty-one percent (51%) of all voters now believe that McCain made the right choice when he picked Palin to be his running mate while 32% disagree. By way of comparison, on the night after Biden gave his acceptance speech, 47% said that Obama made the right choice.

In R2000′s poll conducted on 9/11 Palin’s favourability ratings were 52/35 (positive opinion/negative opinion).international politics today

John McCain’s choice of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate is sitting very well with a lot of American voters, according to the latest FOX News poll.

Among independent voters, Palin’s lead over Obama on this score widens to 13 points (35 percent to 22 percent).

I could go on and on, but it shows picking polls out to support your position is easy.
Poptech, not even a good try…you are a fool. Palin’s experience is so much greater then Obama’s, her positions so much more defined. That is why they could only attack her personal life, and not anything of substance, to bring her down.
Michelle and the kids were “off-limits”, but Palin’s kids were not.
The most shameful expose of the American press…and of your liberal thinking. If you can’t attack on substance, make it personal.

A solid majority of voters (54 percent) say they have a favorable opinion of Palin, while 27 percent assign unfavorable ratings. This gives the 44-year-old GOP vice presidential nominee the best ratio of favorable to unfavorable responses (2.0:1) of any of the four candidates tested in the survey.

right2bright on January 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Palin’s “experience” is a joke!

Sarah Palin

Age: 44

Religion:
- Pentecostal

Education:
- Attended, Hawaii Pacific University, 1982
- Attended, North Idaho College, 1983-1984
- Attended, University of Idaho, 1984-1985
- Attended, Matanuska-Susitna College, 1985
- B.S. Journalism, University of Idaho, 1987

Political Experience:
- Former Council Member, Wasilla City Council, Alaska, 1992-1996
- Former Mayor, Wasilla City, Alaska, 1996-2002 (pop: 7,028) (Votes: 909)
- Failed Candidate, Lieutenant Governor, Alaska, 2002
- Resigned, Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, 2003-2004
- Governor, Alaska, 2006-present (1+1/2 years) (pop: 670,053) (0.002% of the U.S. population)

Professional Experience:
- First Place, Miss Wasilla Beauty Contest, 1984
- Second Place, Miss Alaska Pageant, 1984
- Television Sports Reporter, 1987-1989
- Director, Ted Stevens Excellence in Public Service, Inc., 2003-2007

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM

I agree with this. It shocked me and changed me for life. I think it was unprecedented.

As far as I’m concerned, we are now two Americas, and I have chosen sides.

Alana on January 7, 2009 at 11:08 PM

U’Betcha.

And the Red vs. Blue is only one of several axis that you can look at it.

The noose will tighten even more if we don’t fight.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Compared to Obama there is not much difference:

Barack Obama:

Age: 47

Religion:
- United Church of Christ

Education:
- B.A. Political Science/International Relations, Columbia University, 1983
- J.D. Harvard Law School, 1991

Political Experience:
- State Senator, Illinois, 1996-2004
- U.S. Senator, Illinois, 2005-present (pop: 12,831,970)
Total Career Political Votes: 21,962,102

Committees:
- Chairman, Illinois Senate’s Health and Human Services Committee
- Chairman, Subcommittee on European Affairs
- Member, Foreign Relations
- Member, Health, Education, Labor & Pensions
- Member, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on African Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Children and Families
- Member, Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Employment and Workplace Safety
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information, Federal Services, and International Security
- Member, Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs and International Environmental Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Local, and Private Sector Preparedness and Integration
- Member, Veterans’ Affairs

- Lecturer, Constitutional Law, University of Chicago, 1992 to 1996
- Senior Lecturer, Constitutional Law, University of Chicago, 1996-2004
- Attorney, Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, 1993-2004

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Please everybody

ignore Poptech

the dude is a troll … he posts the same things over and over and over again

if you do not give him any attention he will have little choice but to abandon whatever he is trying to do

joey24007 on January 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM

“talk about a waste of bandwidth”

he is responsible for at least 30% of the posts and all 30% say the same things

joey24007 on January 8, 2009 at 9:56 AM

all say the same things

joey24007 on January 8, 2009 at 9:56 AM

The Truth

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM

ChenZhen on January 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Yes it is.

unseen on January 7, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Sarah unchained will deal with the corrupt media on her terms and they in turn will be their cowardly selves

norryrr on January 8, 2009 at 10:02 AM

norryrr on January 8, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Spoken by a delusional worshipper of the right-wing messiah.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I bear you no malice but if you believe in the TRUTH, I hope the TRUTH will set us free from you eventually. Most of us on this thread love Sarah and most of us realize that she’s not perfect, but at this point in time most of us are willing to throw our hats into the ring on her behalf. We are not stupid; we know promise when we see it. We are not about to throw Sarah under the bus because the MSM or trolls tell us to.

technopeasant on January 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Spoken by a delusional worshipper of the right-wing messiah.
Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Said the Mitt Romney Fanboy…

It’s got to be the hair!

An Era of Hate on January 8, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Poptart, get a new act and take it on the road.

fogw on January 8, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Sorry Pop,

But nobody is perfect. She missed one question and we all know she is an eager reader.

Obama and Biden made way more mistakes. You are not focusing on them because the MSM did not focus on them.

Plus, you may have issues with women in general based on your past posts.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Plus, you may have issues with women in general based on your past posts.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Thanks for the propaganda smear. It is all you guys have left.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Hasn’t Palin written editorials for the New York Times? Why, yes she has! Imagine that, Poptech!

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Pop is a good name for him. His brain is always misfiring…pop!…pop!…pop!

He reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Lisa runs the experiment testing Bart vs. the hamster and Bart keeps getting shocked trying to grab the cupcake. Hilarious.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Spoken by a delusional worshipper of the right-wing messiah.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Gee, doesn’t that describe your relationship with Bob Barr?

littleguy on January 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Please we have had enough embarrassment for a generation.

Fox News: Palin didn’t know Africa was a continent (Video)

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Yes she does. That was another lie.

pop…pop…pop goes the weasel!

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Did Poptech really post the carl cameron smears?

wow what a desperate move … ignore the dude!

joey24007 on January 8, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Jim62sch resume:

Religion: Palin Messiah Syndrome

Professional experience:
Economic Illiterate, Life

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Hey, everybody. Pop has JDS: Jim62sch Derangement Syndrome

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 10:28 AM

anyway … back to reality

does anybody else think that that “howobamagotelected” message needs to be removed?

imagine if you are a “non-informed” voter and you are just looking at a screencap and you have no idea what “howobamagotelected.com” is….

joey24007 on January 8, 2009 at 10:28 AM

ONe thing, among many, that I loved about Sarah Palin was that she actually went over to visit her alaskan troops in the sandbox. Turns out they were worried about hunting season. Most beta male metrosexuals wouldn’t understand the implications, but in a rural area like alaska, the families depend on a caribou or two for the winter food supply.

She went back to alaska with a request to run a special season for the returning vets.

Compare and contrast that with Barack “The narcissist” hussein obama who, when he found out he couldn’t do a photo op, blew off the troops and went shopping in germany. For bonus points, discuss his comment about ‘all our troops do is air raid villages and kill civilians’.

bullseye on January 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Could I love Sarah more? I submit that I could not, although I suspect her speech at CPAC will test that theory.

Mr. Wednesday Night on January 8, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Yah, I’ll be there. I hope she is too. I’d probably lie in a puddle for her so she could walk over me to get in the hotel. Revup the bus Sarah, I’m ready for the fall.

I’d pull a Frank Bailey for you anyday.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 9:43 AM

I think we’re going to see a realignment in the political landscape over the next few years as dramatic as the one that occurred in the 1850s prior to the Civil War with both the Republican and Democratic parties transitioning. I see the Democratic Party becoming essentially the Democratic Socialist or Social Democratic Party with conservative democrats either leaving or being purged as the Democratic party becomes a classic socialist mass politicized party. The Republicans will go the way of the Whigs in the 1850s. The coopted “Cotton Whig” Republicans will either join with the Democrats or will continue as an “accepted” minority Republican party–playing ball with the Democrats in exchange for guaranteed safe house seats, pork, and the odd bone being thrown to them. True conservatives, Republican, Democratic, and independents will then hopefully come together in a true Conservative Party reflecting and standing up for those Jeffersonian and Reaganite ideas of individual liberty and limited government that made this country prosper. I think Sarah Palin could well be a vanguard figure in this transition period–if she chooses to be so.

Matt Helm on January 8, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I think that the “howobamagotelected.com” message needs to be removed from the interview in order to “control the message.” Not everybody knows what “HowObamagotelected.com” is … you look at the screencap of the video or watch it with no audio and you have a picture of Governor Palin with the message “HowObamaGotElected” in front. Not good.

joey24007 on January 8, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Gee, I thought Sarah Palin and her husband also were commercial fisherman and owned their own business…what else did you forget to mention.
Now let’s take a look at Obama:
How many meetings did he call as chairman of his commtittees…none, some leader
How many papers did he publish as the first elected Law Review…none
What happened to the drop out rate as he was an active member of the educational community, which was his primary purpose as an organizer…the largest increase in high school drop out in Chicago history…and the largest increase of single mothers in Chicago history…he may have been all those things, but he was absolutely ineffective.
Why did he never have a real job in private industry?
What was his academics at Columbia? He has never released anything regarding his education there.
On what basis was he selected for Harvard? Racial or academics?
How many times did he vote “present” and not cast a definitive vote.
What you don’t understand is that just being a senator places you on a number of committees….it is then up to you what you do on those committees. And Obama had done virtually nothing in those few months he was a Senator.
How long did he serve before launching his campaign? 6 months? Not very loyal to the campaign he ran.
Intereseting you linked Palin’s church (whom she is not a member), and you didn’t link Obama’s church where he was a member for 20 years…you know the one where the preacher said “God Damn America”, the one that is full of bigoted sermons, and anti-American sermons, you know that one.
I would rather have a person successful at two or three things, then be led by someone who has failed at everything they have done.
You do realize, that if Obama stays the course as President that will be the longest he has ever held a job?
He has been on the government welfare program his whole life, he has never been off the Gov. dole…ever.

right2bright on January 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Thanks for the propaganda smear. It is all you guys have left.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

From someone who supported the attacks on SP’s family…

right2bright on January 8, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Poptech, that’s idiotic.

Unless you actually believe she actually reads nothing.

Sorta like someone asking me what color my car is, and I decline to answer. And you then conclude that my car must be colorless. Which would be . . . idiotic.

Alana on January 8, 2009 at 1:41 AM

I’m beginning now to think Poptech is an engineer or a very analytic type. I have a friend who is similar and cannot drop certain puzzles or problems they are working on even though the cost in time is way more than the issue at hand.

Those of you who have psychology background probably have a term for it. Maybe you could help me out here. He also owns a business.

I’m guessing a libertarian on economic issues cause he makes more money than others, but a very low threshold for what he perceives is a lack of perfection. I would also throw in that he may lack charity too. He seems bitter. Bad blood with women too? Maybe. These types are very controlling of their women and have a low threshold for ambiguity. Hmmm…..

But a fascinating case none-the-less. We could use a whole thread on the analysis of Pop-Tech. Using Sarah of course to probe or trigger reactions in our testing for different reactions.

Sapwolf on January 8, 2009 at 10:46 AM