Video: Palin hits back at the media; Update: Ziegler: Palin is exactly who you think

posted at 9:15 pm on January 7, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

John Ziegler conducted a series of interviews with Governor Sarah Palin about the treatment she received from the media, including the blogosphere, which he will use in an upcoming documentary. He’s put together a few good excerpts in a lengthy YouTube presentation, in which Palin starts off by taking on the biggest smear of the campaign:

Why would Palin want to go through all of this again? She says this country has a “great need for reform,” and she still wants to provide it. Perhaps, she says, people would pay more attention to her record rather than the lunatics who still pressure her to give them proof positive that she actually gave birth to her youngest son, Trig.  Palin has a few choice words for the strategists in the campaign, and for the media hypocrites who put her and her family through the wringer while anointing Obama.

If we’d seen more of this Palin on the campaign trail … well, we still would have lost, in all likelihood, as VP candidates simply can’t rescue running mates.  However, Palin seems determined not to let 2008 be the last word for her on the national stage.

Update: John Ziegler writes about his experiences meeting with Sarah Palin:

One of the things you quickly learn when you visit the Palins is that the legend that has been created around who they are and how they live is no myth. It appears to be absolutely real and everything about them seems 100% sincere. From the stuffed hunting trophies on the wall, to the Track’s military photo by the TV set, to Piper’s crayon school projects on the kitchen cabinets, everything is exactly as you imagine it might be.

What was particularly valuable about the perspective I had was that, I am not Charlie Gibson, Matt Lauer or Greta Van Susteren (who I understand now gets her mail delivered to the Palin home); the conductors of the three most prominent interviews done in the Wasilla house on the frozen lake at the end of the drive that has the sign “Palins” posted on a tree at the entrance. Unlike them, I am virtually unknown nationally and there was absolutely no reason for anything to be done differently as a “show” for us. We saw the genuine Sarah Palin and it is patently obvious that this is the only one that exists. She is the real deal.

As a former TV sportscaster and radio talk show host, I have interviewed a lot big-time “celebrities,” and I can honestly say that, even though you could argue that Sarah Palin was the most prominent I have ever spoken to one-on-one, she was also by far the nicest, most sincere and, seemingly, honest subject that I have ever questioned.

Be sure to read the whole column, especially for Palin’s assessment of Keith Olbermann.  Keep an eye out for John’s upcoming documentary, Media Malpractice.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

Someone ask her about the Israel/Hamas conflict.

This blaming the media thing is cute, but it still doesn’t make anywhere near ready to run for president.

therightwinger on January 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM

You do understand that this is a documentary about how Obama won and not about the Israel/Hamas conflict, right?

kcarpenter on January 7, 2009 at 10:43 PM

btw, she gets my support if when she decides to try again, this time without all that stupid RINO baggage.

james23 on January 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I just wonder how much support she would receive from the “conservative” base which is now so much “middle left”? I think the problem is the party and its politics – not the people running. Also, it is inside the beltway – or “how it is always done” crap that is crippling the party. Do Republicans really want to see a new Reagan? Think about it.

Neocon Peg on January 7, 2009 at 10:45 PM

BTW – on another subject, I see where little Chrissie Matthews is not going to run for Senate. It was all just a ploy to get more money out of the dingbats at NBC, Guess it worked. I was so looking forward to not voting for the blowhard, now I guess I can just vote against Specter, for all the good it does.
*Sigh*

clinker46 on January 7, 2009 at 10:45 PM

AUINSC:
I think you are being self serving in your comments here. I believe that most of us were agast at the pure, unadulterated, brazen lies being told by the media. Why do you think so many believed it? They were so outrageous, they had to be true.

Now I know that you are saying that the great, unwashed does not understand politics like someone of your stature. You really should run for national office so we may all be graced by your uncanny knowledge of how to win a political race.

Vince on January 7, 2009 at 10:48 PM

XOXO SARAH!

ProudPalinFan on January 7, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I think we do. But there hasn’t been another Ronald Regan since Ronald Regan, to be honest. Sarah is good, but I now think she was pushed onto the stage before her time. Maybe she should do like Regan, and get a radio program, and start speaking to the American people, like Ronnie did after he lost the primary in ’76. By the time he ran, it was all forward and no looking back.

AUINSC on January 7, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Do Republicans really want to see a new Reagan? Think about it.

Neocon Peg on January 7, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Yeah, we go through these phases. After four years of Carter, the American people went running for Daddy to save them. (Reagan). After only two years of Clinton, they went running for Daddy again (Gingrich).

Trust me, after 4 years of Obama, the American people will be running for Momma’s skirt.

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Ann Coulter?

the_nile on January 7, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I’d like to see a cadre of Conservatives start helping her in some way, give her solid advice on media without changinf who she is…..Coulter, Gingrich come to mind. They both are direct and articulate and are abhorred by many in the MSM…and I don’t believe that is a coincidence.

Probably she did expect some, but not the scope and scale of it.

the_nile on January 7, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I believe she was used to the media in Alaska and underestimated the national media and what they’d do/were capable of doing. Hopefully she’s learned from the campaign.

Red State State of Mind on January 7, 2009 at 10:52 PM

therightwinger on January 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM

I doubt Hamas would like her views.

In particular, Gov. Palin signed a resolution in June of 2008 recognizing Israel’s 60th anniversary and the unique relationship between Alaska and the Jewish State, especially the fact that Alaska Airlines played a critical role in the rescue of 40,000 Yemenite Jews in 1948 and 1949.

These pictures were in many places on the web last fall.

INC on January 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 10:52 PM

good one!

joey24007 on January 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Oops cut me off, wanted to add a Happy New Year to everybody here, and the Palins.

This is just the beginning of the Palin tsunami…us threadsurfers have to reach to her in the blogosphere aspect, let her know there are thousands of us that back her up and she should do a “blog tour” and have live chats.

If HotAir pulls this off, my gosh it’s gonna be double the amount of what this site got on the VP debate.

Wanted to ask to those who know, why I can post here and not on Michelle’s site? I thought that being sister sites, wordpress and all that, that being allowed to come in and post, it is frustrating to not do so in her main site, so my interest in visiting her site are diminishing.

Please Allah/Ed, pass this info along, and if there is any way you can sneak me in I’d appreciate it. Am a good girl you know ;D

ProudPalinFan on January 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM

ProudPalinFan on January 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM

The two sites have separate registration. You’ll have to wait until MM decides to open it again. (You could email her and ask).

INC on January 7, 2009 at 10:56 PM

AUINSC:

Vince on January 7, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Well, to return the compliment, I don’t think you understood anything I actually said…thin skinned maybe?

AUINSC on January 7, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Class. Pure Class.

She is unlike any politician I have seen in my lifetime.

Nuf said.

fogw on January 7, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I think HA had comment registration from the beginning.

I’m trying to remember that MM once had open commenting before HA was around and then closed comments down. She later opened it up to registration.

INC on January 7, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Does anyone know when this documentary is going to be aired, and where?? Thanks

clinker46 on January 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM

INC on January 7, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Yeah, she wrote a whole book about it.

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM

The elitists within the Republican Party do not want to elect someone conservative like Sarah Palin. They will push someone who is maintsream center. (Because we have to reach out to all folks, ya see) This will be all we will have to vote for (like we had to vote for McCain). UNLESS we do something about it. We have to turn the party back to the right, despite these left-wing RINOS. We cannot continue to turn this party to the center – it has never worked and it will not work in the future. Conservative values have worked every time and it is time for them to be tried again.

Neocon Peg on January 7, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Why didn’t SNL do a skit about Obimbo’s daughter having the abortion that he wants to be available if she gets preg? She could’a had it in the White House infirmary while he was entertaining some high level “Christen” preacher friends of his…

Now that would’a been funny.

RalphyBoy on January 7, 2009 at 11:05 PM

The video has been password protected. I can’t view it.

simkeith on January 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Same here, I couldn’t see it until I did a search on youtube and found another copy here.

silverfox on January 7, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Neocon Peg on January 7, 2009 at 11:02 PM

They know that real conservatives won’t accept RINOs if there are real conservative candidates to vote for. That’s why they want us to think real conservative candidates are extinct and the country-clubbers are our only alternative. Sarah Palin walking around as a successful Governor proves them wrong, just like a Tyrannosaurus Rex walking around eating people in San Francisco would prove paleontologists wrong when they say dinosaurs are extinct.

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Palin 2012…

RalphyBoy on January 7, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I think she expected some of that, but not to the extent of what happened. Remember, the media didn’t really even go after McCain’s family until October. I am a cynical old politics junkie, about Sarah’s age, and even I was totally shocked at the level of Palin Derangement Syndrome in the MSM. I expected some, but nothing like what ended up happening.

I agree with this. It shocked me and changed me for life. I think it was unprecedented.

As far as I’m concerned, we are now two Americas, and I have chosen sides.

Alana on January 7, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I agree with everything said in the interview, but I don’t like hearing it from Sarah Palin. You can’t be a leader if you’re playing the victim. Leave the media attacks to surrogates. She should take the higher road.

In regards to her potential as a presidential candidate, well, as Lincoln said: “Only events can make a president.” If Obama is perceived as a failure then the public might very well be fed up with candidates who’s only credentials are (or were in Obama’s case) their academic degrees. The public might be clamoring for “real” candidates who have actually accomplished something in their lives. In that case, Palin would be a very formidable candidate indeed.

PackerBronco on January 7, 2009 at 11:10 PM

The class issue raised here is salient.

Palin is not much different than hundreds of thousands of public servants across the fruited plain.

The only qualification needed by BHO is his Harvard degree.

That was all the MSM needed to give him a free pass.

silverfox on January 7, 2009 at 11:10 PM

That clip of SNL and those bullies on the View–that was just one example. This happened many times. The glee that people would display whenever some vicious comedian took out after the 17 year old girl was just astounding. They reacted to those stupid jokes like the home team just scored the winning touchdown. Those people are thugs. It even happened on NPR. A lot of show people received emails from me on this and made my do-not-watch list.

SNL even did a similar joke AFTER Palin had been on the show, and Bristol had met the cast backstage. They did this to a 17-year-old whom they’d met and who Tina Fey said was a very nice girl. And the crowd loved it. I wanted to vomit.

I would never wish this on Obama’s family, no matter how sorry I am that he won.

juliesa on January 7, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 11:07 PM

EXACTLY! You go guy!

Neocon Peg on January 7, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Yes..but being successful as a politician in this day and age is 98% about knowing who your enemies are…she is a very fine lady, someone who I genuinely admire…but I didn’t like that video clip one bit. She was fobbing it off there…she’s got a lot of talent, but it scares me that she really didn’t understand how badly sick 2008 America is really…if you don’t understand the cancer of leftism and how it manipulates and distorts…then you will fall victim to it every time…just as Dubya and McCain did. If you fight them by their rules…they lie and cheat and steal…it’s OK, because they think their agenda is worth that. If you try to take them as honest people, then you are a rube and they will destroy you.

AUINSC on January 7, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I can see your point to a certain extent, but I am firm believer in learning a lesson and fixing it.

I also believe that you fight for what is right. We should never just lay down and say “well, that is just the way it is for conservatives, they get trashed by the media”.

Is was the relentless pursuit of the right wing bloggers that finally got the Dan Rather lies exposed. It took weeks. It was not Bush that fixed the problem, even though he denied any of that crap was true. It was the internet bloggers that finally got the lies exposed.

So I believe we must never stop accept this garbage from the media. But the fight starts with the politician. She leads the rest of us into battle. Palin needs to continue to fight back. Time and time again, Palin needs to call the liberal media out on their tall tails and the rest of us will take it from their.

We need to be relentless.

You remember how frustrating it was watching the lies from the media and the McCain camp refused to fight back. Finally they realized too late that they needed to take the gloves off.

Palin needs to call the media out and do other stuff too. She needs to keep fighting for the people of Alaska.

Obama managed to sell his idea that the people need to fall in line behind government. Government will handle it for you, he says.

Palin needs to keep selling the idea that the government needs to line up behind the people.

But when the media pulls these stunts, she needs to call them out over and over again. We need to do the same thing or we end up being a national controlled by the government with a media that covers for their government.

kcarpenter on January 7, 2009 at 11:15 PM

You know, her education/degree is in journalism. She’s had some exposure to media on a professional level (sports reporter, etc.)

It’s been a while, but I think she knows what reporters are supposed to do, and how to smack’em when they don’t.

cs89 on January 7, 2009 at 11:21 PM

And I agree with some others on here- she didn’t expect a truly level playing field. But who would have believed a couple of years ago that the MSM would even touch a story that maybe a VP candidate was lying about the birth of her kid a few months ago? That would have been dismissed as crazy talk by all involved.

cs89 on January 7, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Again Christians: develop a backbone and come out fighting; Obama is not your friend; he should be considered your bitter enemy.

technopeasant on January 7, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Sarah needs to follow the Reagan path, she should talk at every rubber chicken get together in all 50 states, Fiji and Puerto Rico, where there’s voters she should speak and leave’em laughing even on TV.

Speakup on January 7, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Juan McLame just emailed me for money for his AmericaFirst fundraising activities. There was NO place for comments. One of mine would have been how he was so slow to come to Sarah’s defense.

IlikedAUH2O on January 7, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Territory of Guam. Doing too much at the same time and thinking about Fiji.

Speakup on January 7, 2009 at 11:29 PM

kcarpenter on January 7, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I disagree a little bit. I don’t think she should dwell on her treatment by the media. It’s great that she’s having her say, but she should leave it at that. What she has to do, and I see it forming now, is be politely (even charmingly) dismissive and get on with things. We go back to Reagan probably too much, but that was one thing he was really good at doing.

In any case, she can’t become a bitter Nixon type.

ddrintn on January 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Yep. And humor works. Her Katie Couric crack kinda reminded me of Fred’s Michael Moore moment.

cs89 on January 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Check out how Ziegler got the interview with Palin and his perspective on her and her family. I found this bit about Palin’s reaction to a picture of Olbermann hilarious!

Conservatives will be thrilled to know that she immediately “got” and seemed to fully appreciate my joke that Pete Wilson (and not Arnold Schwarzenegger) would go down as the last Republican Governor in the history of California, If that wasn’t enough, when she looked at the back cover of my first film (“Blocking the Path to 9/11” http://www.blockingthepath.com) and saw the photo of one of the film’s targets, Keith Olbermann, she literally let out a shriek and declared, “THAT guy is EVIL!”

LOL!! This will make Mark Levin and John Gibson howl with laughter and pride.

jencab on January 7, 2009 at 11:35 PM

cs89 on January 7, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I certainly wouldn’t have believed it. And there are still Trig Truthers out there. The video that INC linked above shows her in Feb. before she announced her pregnancy, and, watching it again just now, her pregnancy seems pretty obvious in all the side shots and even some of the front shots of her in her office (to me at least, the Troofers try to use that video as proof that they’re right).

I think that she’s learned from her experience with the national media and (hopefully) will know how to handle them in the future. Judging by the expression on her face after she saw the SNL clip, she’s not someone you wanna cross.

meltenn on January 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM

In any case, she can’t become a bitter Nixon type.

ddrintn on January 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Agreed, she’s fantastic at gutting people with a smile on her face. Who can forget her convention speech, where she all but paraded around the stage with Obama’s head on a stick? Or the way she mopped the floor with Slow Joe in the debate? She’s got the style down, just apply it to the MSM. I think she should go after specific media blowhards, like she did with Katie, rather than bitch about the MSM in general. There are some mainstreamers on her side, like Greta.

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 11:38 PM

And McCain has the gall to form a PAC and ask for money. The definition of hubris.

technopeasant on January 7, 2009 at 11:38 PM

In any case, she can’t become a bitter Nixon type.

ddrintn on January 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Agreed, she’s great at gutting people with a smile on her face. Who can forget her convention speech, where she all but paraded around the stage with Messiah’s head on a pike? Or the way she mopped the floor with Slow Joe in the debate? She’s got the style down, just apply it to the MSM. I think she should go after specific media blowhards, like she did with Katie, rather than b!tch about the MSM in general. There are some mainstreamers on her side, like Greta.

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Well, I agree with you 100%…I’m not saying she should take it at all…I’m just saying that I WAS AMAZED when she said she didn’t see what the MSM was going to do to her…Look, again, I hope nobody thinks my criticisms are PDS…I really do like that woman, and I voted for her (much, much more for her, than JM…the order was 1) For Palin 2) Against the Messiah 3) for JM, just because he happened to share the ticket with Palin)…I was just grinding my teeth a bit when she expressed shock at the way the MSM treated her. I guess maybe I sound elitist (or whatever) in my criticism but I’ve never even run for so much as town dog catcher…but if I did, I would know the R by my name would mean be prepared for the sh*t to head my way by the truckload…because the MSM hates anyone who doesn’t toe the line…I was surprised and dismayed to hear her admit that. I knew a lot of other Republicans during this campaign who would say things like “yeah, but the press is really, at heart, honest…etc, etc” and just throw up a little in my mouth when I heard that…so maybe that colored my reaction to her statements.

AUINSC on January 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM

You’ll get my vote if you at least acknowledge there’s an issue with illegal immigration because I believe the same way you do about a lot of other things going on in this country.

Here’s to you and yours and the best of luck in your future endeavors.

BowHuntingTexas on January 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM

AUINSC on January 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I totally understand and was completely in line with you until very recently. I guess it’s tough to find that line between totally declaring open war on the MSM (like Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter) and totally sucking up (like John McCain). I’m thinking a successful GOP politician has to find a line somewhere in between. Palin seemed to have found that in her Alaska career, and then they moved the goalposts about a million yards down the field when she went national.

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Someone ask her about the Israel/Hamas conflict.

Why ask? Isn’t there a standard response to that already?

Quoting PEBO:

“There is one president at a time

Y-not on January 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I don’t think she was being naive about the press. Did anyone really expect within days of McCain announcing her as his VP pick that she would be accused of faking a pregnancy(of a Down Syndrome baby no less!) and that her oldest daughter would be dragged through the mud after it was revealed she was pregnant?

There’s always been an understanding(as the Messiah tried to emphasize during the campaign) that family members of politicians are off-limits. Ok, if they do something stupid or say something offensive(like Michelle’s “proud” remark), then there are exceptions. But otherwise, the press knows to leave spouses and children alone. There was also a code amongst former Presidents that they would not publicly trash the sitting President during his time in office.

Both of these rules were shattered during the last 8 years. Bush was routinely hammered by Clinton and Carter while his daughters were hounded by paparazzi. And we don’t need to rehash what Palin was and is still going through.

This is why the mainstream media is dead to me. We’ve always known they were biased, but now it’s also clear they have no journalistic integrity or even common decency as human beings. They’re a hit squad for the Democrat Party. They’ll say and write anything to further their own political agenda, no matter whose lives they destroy. Hell, they don’t even care that they’re running their own papers and networks out of business.

If there’s one good thing that came out of this election it’s that not only was Sarah Palin introduced to the nation and fully vetted(unlike the guy who actually won the damn thing), but she also learned first hand what she’s up against if she intends to pursue a higher office in the next 4 years. You can see it in this interview. Those shots at Katie Couric and the cynicism towards the drive bys. This is the Sarah Palin from the GOP convention. If this version of her takes on Barry in 4 years, watch out.

Doughboy on January 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM

ddrintn on January 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I agree. Reagan knew how to cut down the MSM like nobody’s business — and did it with class to boot. I think you are right, tho. I think Palin has it in her to do the same; she for sure has a sarcastic streak that I dearly love.

I liked what was said in this interview. She is always so refreshing to listen to when she’s speaking from the heart and isn’t being censored by TIIC. I don’t think she was whining or anything; the subject of the interview was media malpractice. It wasn’t intended to be another pop quiz on her foreign policy knowledge. I’m sure she knows what’s going on in Gaza, and I’m pretty certain I know what her opinion is on it. Probably the same as mine. ;) I still think all of the sneering from the MSM and other elitists about her provincial ignorance is largely unfounded. I probably couldn’t actually NAME all of the Supreme Court cases I disagree with either, and I went to law school. I could tell you, however, that I am ardently opposed to activist courts who legislate policy from the bench, and give a few examples of that. I’m sure Gov. Palin could have done so as well, but as was made clear in this interview, she was on an extremely short leash.

It’s all good though, because now she has four years, or eight, to really bone up on the details so all of these pointy heads on the left can’t win at Stump the Candidate again the next time she runs. I mean, really, none of it is about illustrating for us, the VOTERS, what she knows or doesn’t know. It’s all just a big mean-spirited game where the objective is to embarrass and ridicule her and I look forward to the day when she’s able to stymie them on every front. She is really articulate and engaging when she isn’t being shackled by someone else’s talking points.

NoLeftTurn on January 7, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Governor Sarah Palin is one of a few American politicians of courage, grace and integrity. The rest of the list is awfully short, and nobody else in the recent Presidential campaign, on either side, is on it.

drunyan8315 on January 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Sarah!

infidel on January 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM

I have a confession to make. I have decided that Kathleen Parker was right – maybe our idiot Presidential candidate McCain chose Palin to run as VP because she is so friggin’ gorgeous. Maybe the poor bastard couldn’t help himself; I don’t know.

And I don’t blame Parker’s husband one little bit…

Jaibones on January 7, 2009 at 11:56 PM

And I don’t blame Parker’s husband one little bit…

Jaibones on January 7, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Maybe if Kathleen Parker occasionally wore a brown wig, Japanese designer glasses, and knee boots on “Romance Night”, she wouldn’t be so bitter.

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 11:58 PM

she-Ra bringer of meat!

unseen on January 7, 2009 at 11:59 PM

LMAO Palin first cannot name a newspaper she reads, then claims she reads the Wall Street Journal, New York Time and the Economist now she says she reads the New York Time and USA Today! LMAO! Sorry Sarah, but the question was simple and direct, it had nothing to do with not reading anything. Stop spinning and stop changing your answer! AHAHAHAHA!!!

Sarah Palin Can’t Name a Newspaper She Reads (Video)
O’Reilly: Palin refused interview preparation for Katie Couric (Video)

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Doughboy on January 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM

I hope it’s true..I hope she quickly unlearns anything McCain “taught” her…he’s a fine American, but no conservative mentor. And I hope she stops using the McCain’ish ‘reform’ phrase. America and it’s Constitution don’t need to be reformed…we just need to follow the Constitution.

AUINSC on January 8, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Poptech, what what is like getting banned from Newsbusters? Is that why you came back here?

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Resume – Poptech

Religion – Palin Derangement Syndrome

Professional experience – banned from Newsbusters, 2008

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM

New Reports are coming in saying that Larry Flynt doesn’t want to be around the likes of Poptech,

He’s a creep, and believe you me, I know a creep when I see one

DaveC on January 8, 2009 at 12:13 AM

ddrintn on January 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM

+1.

And I know you guys want to engage, but we really just need to ignore Pop. Hot Air is so enjoyable when people have real debates. Don’t let him hijack the threads. And should he choose to respond to this, I will be ignoring him (or her, not sure which it is).

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Your an idiot. she is on record writing to editors of both the local paper and the San fran chronicle. In videos taken before she even was picked to be VP there is a newspaper on her desk in her office. She is in charge of a $13 billion budget that is controlled to some extent on the price of oil and other natural resources which she has to stay abreast of. From her vocabulary she also shows she is aware of bloggers and the internet and yet for some reason you think she doesn’t read. Idiot. You post shows that you are stupid and unread and that you the foll will fall for anything that the MSM wants to dish to you.

unseen on January 8, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Hot Air is so enjoyable when people have real debates.

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Well shoot, here I was thinking that running around like the Wicked Witch of the West shrieking “AHAHAHAHA!!!” would get others to adopt my point of view.

Snowed In on January 8, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Hasn’t Palin written editorials for the New York Times? Why, yes she has! Imagine that, Poptech!

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Ah, but she didn’t read them, did she?

Snowed In on January 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM

It’s been a while since I read that editorial by Palin about polar bears – seems oddly prescient now that the world seems to be waking up to the fact that global warming is unmitigated claptrap and we have as much ice up North as we did 30 years ago.

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Ah, but she didn’t read them, did she?

Snowed In on January 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Poptech thinks that Sarah Palin has written more newspaper articles than she’s read.

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 12:30 AM

The Democrats and media made a big mistake mistreating her the way they did.

They made her mad. They went after her kids, and one thing you do not want to do is make a woman mad by going after her kids.

Palin might have retired from public life, but now I figure she wants to stick it to ‘em.

Sackett on January 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM

I’m smitten.

Weak at the knees. Every damn time

blatantblue on January 8, 2009 at 12:32 AM

If I were on her shoes and took account of the abominable treatment by the media, I’d simply retire from politics and let the clowns be in charge. What kind of person who really wants to make a difference in politics consent to be subject, together with her family, to such a raw deal? Nowadays, that would be insane!

Professor Reynolds was right. Politics no longer attracts the best, nor the second best.

newton on January 8, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Good link. I still love this picture from Barrow. Cracks me up every time.

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Sackett on January 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM

I sure hope she does. I’d be just as p***ed off as her and wanting revenge, if those were my kids.

newton on January 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Sackett on January 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM

I felt her quote from this interview, after she saw Tina Fey and the View-hags making fun of Bristol:

“A mama grizzly rises up in me, hearing something like that.”

Maybe the harridans on The View should invite Sarah on for a pistol demonstration?

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 12:50 AM

I truly think she’ll be the nominee in 2012. (At least, I’m praying that she will be.) America is going to go through absolute hell the next four years. The lunatic fringe left will do it’s best to tear down this country while simultaneously propping themselves up on top of the ash pile. The dems’ corruption will be on full naked display. After the coming four years, America will be craving a kick ass reformer and corruption buster.

Palin/Jindal 2012!

God bless Sarah.

ErinF on January 8, 2009 at 12:53 AM

As much as I can understand her NOT wanting to put her family through another national campaign, I really hope that she does consider another run for higher office, but this time at the top of the ticket. I would happily pledge any and all support I could give her, and would work tirelessly for her campaign.

Her story is compelling, her speeches and leadership are inspiring, and unlike so many other politicians, I can actually list her accomplishments without need of the Internet.

With a bit of polish, she could be an unstoppable candidate who could be our next president. *swoon*

itzWicks on January 8, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Sarah is good, but I now think she was pushed onto the stage before her time.

AUINSC on January 7, 2009 at 10:51 PM

This made me genuinely ROTFALMAO! Obama just got elected!

I had lunch with yet another of my Liberal friends today and again had to recite Palin’s resume and give info on her accomplishments and yes…my friend hadn’t a clue… What the MSM is doing is unforgiveable..and the way the gen pop accepts the lies and manipulation is scary and unforgiveable…

CCRWM on January 8, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Clueless, I am not banned. I just posted there. Palin supporters are so bad at researching.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Poptech resume

Religion: Palin Derangement Syndrome

Professional experience:
Professional troll, Hot Air, 2008-2009
Banned poster at Newsbusters, 2008

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Please we have had enough embarrassment for a generation.

Fox News: Palin didn’t know Africa was a continent (Video)

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Jim62sch resume:

Religion: Palin Messiah Syndrome

Professional experience:
Economic Illiterate, Life

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Fox News: Palin didn’t know Africa was a continent (Video)

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 1:35 AM

That was reported by Carl Cameron, who was busted wearing a Wonder Woman costume in his hotel room. Better check the credibility of your sources.

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 1:37 AM

Very well delineated, doughboy! Applause and bravo!

They threw these conventions out of the rulebook, and it’s all-out war now, as far as I’m concerned.

I wonder, are they so short-sighted that they actually think the goal was worth it, considering that the rules are now gone, and liberals and their families – and sitting president – are just as vulnerable?

And if they are counting on conservatives remaining nice and above-board all the time, they’d better count again, cause I’m sure not.

Alana on January 8, 2009 at 1:37 AM

Fox News: Palin didn’t know Africa was a continent (Video)

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Seriously, Poptech, you knew the Africa thing was all a hoax, right?

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Poptech, that’s idiotic.

Unless you actually believe she actually reads nothing.

Sorta like someone asking me what color my car is, and I decline to answer. And you then conclude that my car must be colorless. Which would be . . . idiotic.

Alana on January 8, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Sorry, I should have read on.

Alana on January 8, 2009 at 1:42 AM

I love the comments from people who don’t understand this was part of Zeigler’s documentary about the media’s role in the recent election.

chunderroad on January 8, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Poptech resume

Religion: Palin Derangement Syndrome

Professional experience:
Professional troll, Hot Air, 2008-2009
Banned poster at Newsbusters, 2008

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 1:34 AM

You forgot…

Sense of Humor: None
Hobbies: Drooling, Trolling and Sniffing Mitt Romney’s Magic Underwear

chunderroad on January 8, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Could I love Sarah more? I submit that I could not, although I suspect her speech at CPAC will test that theory.

Mr. Wednesday Night on January 8, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Mr. Wednesday Night on January 8, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Is it for sure that she’s going to CPAC? I’d heard she was invited, but I hadn’t heard a confirmation. And the Anchorage Daily Obama-Licker was already bitching about who was going to pay for her trip.

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Mr. Wednesday Night on January 8, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Is it for sure that she’s going to CPAC? I’d heard she was invited, but I hadn’t heard a confirmation. And the Anchorage Daily Obama-Licker was already b!tching about who was going to pay for her trip.

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Which is why she needs to start the ‘CudaPac’! ;)

Just as an aside: I don’t think Levi’s going to have any trouble getting another job. A lot of people in Alaska seem ticked about what happened.

meltenn on January 8, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Yes. I am relieved to know someone is documenting the death of the MSM in 2008. Thanks, Mr. Ziegler. The clip of Couric on Letterman made me ill. She’s a former cheerleader and talk show host known for her perkiness and her legs! Yet she is still trying to capitalize on her hatchet job on Sarah! What a witch!

I had not seen the clip of Fey about the teenage parents. Absolutely disgusting. The left knows no shame. I hope there is justice in my lifetime for these heinous transgressions.

Wonder who will run the final documentary?

Keep on keeping on, Gov.

Buckeye Babe on January 8, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Seriously, Poptech, you knew the Africa thing was all a hoax, right?

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 1:41 AM

It is not a hoax

“The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the story about Palin _ not the Fox News story itself. While Palin has denied that she mistook Africa for a country, the veracity of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony.” (Fox News)

LMAO Fox stands by their story, which means it is pretty damning. Fox of all stations would defend Palin, that is not good.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Suddenly Fox News and anonmyous sources are credible. If only Palin were caught on video saying she had been to more states that exist in the union. Or a video of John McCain not knowing which committee he was on in the U.S Senate. That would be hilarious.

Chris Matthews said Africa was a continent in the same context Palin did. But I’m sure you have never misstated anything. Cry about it.

V15J on January 8, 2009 at 2:35 AM

VAN SUSTEREN: One other criticism was this whole business about Africa. And I investigated it. I talked to someone who was in the room with you, whose name I can’t reveal, who was there for all your preparation, talked to that person, grilled that person, cross-examined that person, said that Africa thing never happened. Never happened. And I grilled the person.

PALIN: Yes.

Mr. Wednesday Night on January 8, 2009 at 2:41 AM

There is no documentation of Palin ever saying Africa was a country versus a continent. It was an anonymous source. FOX has never said otherwise; Carl Cameron repeated gossip, a lie, a rumor… whatever you’ll call it.

chunderroad on January 8, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Nope I will simply continue to post the facts that are fully sourced. While Palin fanatics try to screen at me – thinking this has any effect on the facts.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 1:46 AM

LOL. You loser!

chunderroad on January 8, 2009 at 2:48 AM

You have no evidence it was a lie. Cameron is sticking by his story. Not to mention there is a boat load of criticisms in his report that are just as damning and embarrassing.

Palin has already been on record bumbling about issues in interviews then later changing her story.

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 2:50 AM

Jim62sch on January 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM

It is my understanding that she’s confirmed for CPAC. There are also unconfirmed reports that the event shall henceforth be called SPAC: Sarah’s Political Awesomeness Conference.

Mr. Wednesday Night on January 8, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Suddenly Fox News … are credible.

V15J on January 8, 2009 at 2:35 AM

LMAO, I guess not since they exposed Palin’s BS. Just like all these other sources:

CBS News
Reuters
The Anchorage Daily News
The Los Angeles Times
The New York Times
The Wall Street Journal
The Washington Post
U.S. News and World Report
USA Today

They are all wrong and only Palin Fanatics know the truth! LMAO!!!

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Jim62sch on January 7, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Heh. I suspect he actually wears the knee boots, glasses and brunette wig on “Romance Night”, if you get my drift.

Jaibones on January 8, 2009 at 2:59 AM

This woman will get my support/vote/money whenever she decides to run.
Here is the front page of my tiny little home town newspaper today, Lisa is a very good friend of ours and yes, I’m jealous as hell. She said Sarah and her family were wonderful to be around at this charity event.

A. Weasel on January 8, 2009 at 3:06 AM

Poptech on January 8, 2009 at 2:59 AM

You have yet to post any damning evidence from all the papers you just rattled off. You cite your own relatives as proof of Palin’s “unelectability” and anonymous sources from Cameron who also said Palin appeared in a bath towel – emphatically denied by Steve Schmidt.

chunderroad on January 8, 2009 at 3:15 AM